fb.indiewire.com – In a crowded St. Patricks' Day weekend at the specialty box office, Spanish language comedy "Casa de mi Padre" and European import "The Kid With a Bike" had the most impressive debuts, while Mark & Jay Duplass' latest "Jeff Who Lives at Home" underwhelmed by comparison. Meanwhile, holdovers like "Footnote" and "Salmon Fishing In Yemen" both held onto the promise of their strong debuts, giving the specialty box office its second strong showing in a row. Here's the rundown: The Debuts: "Casa de mi Padre" (Lionsgate) Lionsgate released Matt Piedmont's Spanish language comedy -- starring Will Ferrell, Gael Garcia Bernal and Diego Luna -- on 382 screens this weekend and saw very promising numbers.
Created by theothersenhman 4 years 9 weeks ago
1. Angry Birds Movie, TheGross: $38,155,177Total: $38,155,177
2. Captain America: Civil WarGross: $32,939,739Total: $347,215,892
3. Neighbors 2: Sorority RisingGross: $21,760,405Total: $21,760,405
4. Nice Guys, TheGross: $11,203,270Total: $11,203,270
5. Jungle Book, TheGross: $10,944,350Total: $327,424,915