fb.indiewire.com – "God Bless America," the latest from comedian turned button-pushing filmmaker Bobcat Goldthwait ("Sleeping Dogs Lie," "World's Greatest Dad") is one angry movie. Goldthwait (who also penned the screenplay) takes aim at America's narcissistic culture by centering his story on Frank (Joel Murray), a divorced, recently fired and possibly terminally ill man, who takes it upon himself to rid America of dumb, bigoted people by buying a gun and hunting said people down with the help of high-school student Roxy (Tara Lynne Barr), who shares his rage. Given that this comes from the mind of Goldthwait however (he played Zed in a string of "Police Academy" films back in the eighties and is best known for his high-pitched comedy act), "God Bless America" is also hilarious.
Created by jackiechan 4 years 2 weeks ago
1. Angry Birds Movie, TheGross: $39,000,000Total: $39,000,000
2. Captain America: Civil WarGross: $33,114,000Total: $347,390,153
3. Neighbors 2: Sorority RisingGross: $21,787,690Total: $21,787,690
4. Nice Guys, TheGross: $11,270,000Total: $11,270,000
5. Jungle Book, TheGross: $11,017,000Total: $327,497,565