screenrant.com – Three years ago, animator Shane Acker made his feature-length directorial debut with 9 - a big screen treatment of his Oscar-nominated short. It was a moderate financial success, grossing $48 million worldwide on a $30 million budget, and received mixed-to-positive marks from critics for its expanded version of the simple story featured in Acker’s original work (read out review, for additional insight). However, what the 9 feature managed to do unequivocally is establish Acker as someone capable of creating mesmerizing CGI imagery – and constructing an alternate/sci-fi world that is unmistakably HIS, rather than the handiwork of producers Tim Burton and Timur Bekmambetov. That’s all context for today’s announcement that Acker is teaming up with the Valve Corporation video game development and digital distribution company on a new computer-animated feature, titled Deep.
Created by jetli 3 years 49 weeks ago
1. Angry Birds Movie, TheGross: $38,155,177Total: $38,155,177
2. Captain America: Civil WarGross: $32,939,739Total: $347,215,892
3. Neighbors 2: Sorority RisingGross: $21,760,405Total: $21,760,405
4. Nice Guys, TheGross: $11,203,270Total: $11,203,270
5. Jungle Book, TheGross: $10,944,350Total: $327,424,915