fb.indiewire.com – Indiewire will provide updates of our predictions for the 86th Academy Award nominations through January 16th, 2014, when the nominations are announced. The best animated feature race looks unusually weak so far this year, with Hayao Miyazaki's alleged swan song "The Wind Rises" the only film we've seen that has what it takes to win (Miyazaki won this award back in 2003). Disney's "Frozen" has strong buzz and could end up being its main competition, but it's hard to imagine the commercially successful, critically mixed likes of "Monster's University," "Despicable Me 2" and "The Croods" winning the award -- though all three have excellent shots at getting nominated. Best animated feature predictions below.
Created by donnieyen 2 years 35 weeks ago
1. Angry Birds Movie, TheGross: $38,155,177Total: $38,155,177
2. Captain America: Civil WarGross: $32,939,739Total: $347,215,892
3. Neighbors 2: Sorority RisingGross: $21,760,405Total: $21,760,405
4. Nice Guys, TheGross: $11,203,270Total: $11,203,270
5. Jungle Book, TheGross: $10,944,350Total: $327,424,915