Top Movie News for May 26, 2016
Robin Leach takes fans on a journey through the mysterious and luxurious X-Mansion in an 80-style preview for X-Men: Apocalypse.
- Hollywood Reporter: 'X-Men: Apocalypse': Who Are the New(ish) Mutants?
- Hollywood Reporter: 'X-Men: Apocalypse' - A Look at the 80s Inspiration
- Cinema Blend: 7 Things To Know About Apocalypse Before Seeing The New X-Men Movie
- Cinema Blend: Wait, X-Men: Apocalypse Is The Worst Rated X-Men Film In The Line Up?
- Cinema Blend: The Crazy Number Of Days X-Men: Apocalypse Took To Film The New Quicksilver Sequence
- Cinema Blend: New X-Men: Apocalypse Video Takes A Lush Tour Through The X-Mansion
- We Got This Covered: Mystique Is No Hero In Another New Clip From X-Men: Apocalypse
- We Got This Covered: 10 Reasons Why X-Men: Apocalypse Is The Worst In The First Class Trilogy
- Comic Book Movie: BOX OFFICE: Early Tracking Numbers For X-MEN: APOCALYPSE Revealed; Will It Beat ALICE To #1 This Weekend?
- The Wrap: ‘X-Men: Apocalypse,’ ‘Alice Through the Looking Glass’ Set for Strong Memorial Day Box Office
- JoBlo: Awesome Art We've Found Around The Net: X-Men Apocalypse Special
- Fandango Movie Blog: The Missing 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Scenes You'll See on the DVD
- ScreenRant: X-Men: Apocalypse Projected To Beat Alice Through The Looking Glass At Box Office
- Comic Book Movie: 5 Reasons You Should Ignore The Critics And See X-MEN: APOCALYPSE This Weekend
- Latino Review: Jubilee Gets Sidelined in 'X-MEN: APOCALYPSE,' Expect More From Deleted Scenes
- The Wrap: ‘X-Men: Apocalypse': Where Is Stan Lee’s Cameo?
- SlashFilm: Superhero Bits: X-Men Apocalypse Deleted Scenes, Return of Blade, Rebirth & More
- Hollywood Reporter: Before the 'Apocalypse': Other Contenders for 'X-Men's' First Mutant
- IGN Movies: 7 Crazy Expensive X-Men Figures
- The Wrap: ‘X-Men’ Movies Ranked by Worldwide Box Office (Photos)
- Entertainment Weekly: See All of Entertainment Weekly's X-Men Covers
- SlashFilm: ‘X-Men: The Animated Series’ Honest Trailer: Return to the Era of Super Soakers & Pizza Bagels
- JoBlo: JoBlo Movie Trivia Quiz: The X-Men Franchise Vol. II
- JoBlo: Awfully Good: X-Men: Generation X
- JoBlo: Easter Egg Countdown: X-Men: Days of Future Past (video)
- Bleeding Cool: X-Men Cartoon Honest Trailer Relives The 90s
For Star Wars fans, May 25 is an historical anniversary. On this date, audiences were treated to their first taste of the Star Wars universe with Episode IV – A New Hope. Unbeknownst to even George Lucas himself, the film’s release ignited a global phenomenon — one that is still thriving some 39 years later. As Star Wars mania went full speed ahead after A New Hope, audiences were eager to see how the ongoing saga would unfold.
- Entertainment Weekly: Academy unearths old 'Return of the Jedi' teaser
- MovieWeb: Revenge of the Jedi Teaser Trailer Unearthed by the Academy
- Hollywood Reporter: 'Star Wars: Episode IX' Director Colin Trevorrow to Mentor Young Filmmakers at Italian Fest
- Dark Horizons: Finn Gets A "LEGO Star Wars" Game Trailer
- Coming Soon: Check Out the Star Wars Celebration 2016 Poster!
- Vulture: The Spectacular Real-Life Location From the Final Minutes of Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- We Got This Covered: Star Wars Celebration Poster Brings Together Old Faces And New
- Cinema Blend: A Rare Star Wars Trailer Just Surfaced, Watch It Here
- Dark Horizons: Gorgeous New "Star Wars" Artwork
- HitFix: On this day in pop culture history: ‘Star Wars’ entered our galaxy
- Latino Review: Exclusive: Talking 'X-MEN: APOCALYPSE' and 'STAR WARS: EPISODE VIII' with Oscar Isaac
- SlashFilm: Star Wars Bits: Preview Marvel’s New Han Solo Comic, an Impressive LEGO Death Star, and the Saga of the Chewbacca Mom
- SlashFilm: New ‘Star Wars: Rogue One’ Artwork Reveals Shoretroopers, AT-ACTs and More
- Comic Book Movie: STAR WARS CELEBRATION Poster Features A New Type Of Stormtrooper From ROGUE ONE
- Screen Crush: Meet Three New 'Rogue One' Characters in 'Star Wars' Celebration Poster
- ScreenRant: Real Chewbacca Can’t Stop Watching Chewbacca Mom on Star Wars 8 Set
- MovieWeb: Star Wars Celebration Poster Has a New Look at Rogue One Characters
- JoBlo: The Star Wars Celebration poster reveals new Rogue One details
- MovieWeb: Chewie Is Obsessed with Watching Chewbacca Mom on Star Wars 8 Set
- FirstShowing.net: Artwork from 'Rogue One' Revealed + A New 'Star Wars Show' Video
- ScreenRant: Star Wars Celebration 2016 Poster Released
- Latino Review: New Artwork from ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS STORY!
- The Wrap: See ‘Star Wars’ Holograms Hover Over Soundtrack LPs (Video)
To honor the 15th anniversary of the movie that started it all, Universal is re-releasing The Fast and the Furious in theaters nationwide. Revisiting your introduction to Dom, Letty, Brian and the magical world of NOS should help make the wait for Fast 8 a little easier, but you’ll only have a limited time to see the original film on the big screen. Continue reading…
- Badass Digest: This Really Cool Movie Called THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS Is Hitting Theaters This Summer
- USA Today: 'The Fast and the Furious' returning to theaters
- MovieWeb: Original Fast and Furious Returning to Theaters for 15th Anniversary
- SlashFilm: ‘The Fast and the Furious’ Is Getting a 15th Anniversary Re-Release in Theaters
- Latino Review: 'THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS' Celebrates 15th Anniversary By Racing Back To Theaters
- Cinema Blend: Why A Fast & Furious Spinoff With The Rock Can Work Now, According To Producers
- Dark Horizons: Universal To Re-Release "Fast and the Furious"
- ScreenRant: Producer Hiram Garcia Talks Potential Dwayne Johnson Fast & Furious Spinoff
- Entertainment Weekly: 'The Fast and the Furious' 15th anniversary: Vin Diesel looks back
- Entertainment Weekly: Michelle Rodriguez reflects on 'Fast and the Furious' turning 15
- The Wrap: ‘Fast and the Furious’ to Get Re-Release for 15th Anniversary
- MovieWeb: Is Dwayne Johnson's Hobbs Getting a Fast and Furious Spinoff?
- Entertainment Weekly: 'Fast & Furious' producer recalls the franchise's beginnings
- Entertainment Weekly: Jordana Brewster looks back on 'The Fast and the Furious'
- Dark Horizons: The Rock's "Furious" Character Spin-Off Talk
- Latino Review: 'FURIOUS 8': Hiram Garcia Talks Hobbs' Return and Potential Spinoff Film
MORGAN follows a corporate risk-management consultant who has to decide and determine whether or not to terminate an artificial being's life that was made in a laboratory environment. Certainly sounds familiar to a little film by the name of EX MACHINA, although MORGAN may have gorier results. Check out the teaser trailer featuring Kate Mara and Hydra favorite Toby Jones and decide for yourself!... Read More...
- IndieWire: 'Morgan' Trailer: Kate Mara Gets a Crash Course in Artificial Intelligence in Luke Scott's Directorial Debut
- Variety: Kate Mara Meets Evil Artificial Life in ‘Morgan’ First Trailer
- Screen Crush: Kate Mara Meets a Human-like Creature in First Trailer for Sci-Fi Thriller 'Morgan'
- SlashFilm: ‘Morgan’ Trailer: Kate Mara Meets a Synthetic Child Prodigy All Grown Up
- Dread Central: Morgan Arrives in Official Trailer for Ridley Scott-Produced Thriller
- AintItCool: Trailer for the new Ridley Scott-produced thriller wants you to ask "What Is MORGAN?"
- Dark Horizons: First Trailer: "Morgan"
- Cinema Blend: Watch The Trailer For Morgan Show You How To Do A Teaser The Right Way
- Horror Society: Ridley Scott’s Horror-Thriller ‘MORGAN’ Debuts Teaser Trailer!
- Entertainment Weekly: 'Morgan' trailer: Kate Mara gets an ominous intro to artificial life
- Bleeding Cool: Meet Morgan In First Teaser Trailer
- MovieWeb: Morgan Trailer Introduces Kate Mara to a Very Dangerous Android
- Latino Review: First Teaser Trailer for 'MORGAN' Is HERE!
- FirstShowing.net: Watch: Teaser Trailer for Sci-Fi Horror 'Morgan' Starring Kate Mara
- Fandango Movie Blog: News Briefs: First Look at Kate Mara in the Sci-fi Thriller 'Morgan'
Every so often there seems to be a surge of interest in Mars and we get a handful of films following astronauts on, or traveling to, the red planet. On the heels of THE MARTIAN, one of the most successful films to be set on Mars, we're due to return with Peter Chelsom's THE SPACE BETWEEN US. The film follows Gardner Elliot (Asa Butterfield), the first person to be born on Mars as he... Read More...
- SlashFilm: ‘The Space Between Us’ Trailer: Asa Butterfield Travels from Mars to Earth Just for a Girl
- FirstShowing.net: Asa Butterfield is From Mars in First Trailer for 'The Space Between Us'
- We Got This Covered: First Trailer For The Space Between Us Finds Asa Butterfield Marooned On The Red Planet
- Entertainment Weekly: WATCH: Gary Oldman, Asa Butterfield in 'The Space Between Us' trailer
- Bleeding Cool: Asa Butterfield Explores The Space Between Us In New Trailer
- Vulture: We’re Finally Getting a Mars Rom-Com With The Space Between Us
- Hollywood Reporter: 'The Space Between Us' Trailer Features First Human Born on Mars and His Love Story
- Filmonic: Growing Up on Mars in The Space Between Us
- MovieWeb: Space Between Us Trailer Tracks the First Human Born on Mars
- Badass Digest: Gravity Might Explode A Martian Boy’s Heart In The First Trailer For THE SPACE BETWEEN US
- Dark Horizons: First Trailer: "The Space Between Us"
- AintItCool: The Space Between Us trailer hits! It's like a YA The Martian!
- Latino Review: 'THE SPACE BETWEEN US': Get Ready For a New Killer Martian Movie
Rila Fukushima is the latest cast member to join Scarlett Johansson in the big screen adaptation of the popular anime Ghost in the Shell.
- Screen Crush: 'Ghost in the Shell' Adds 'The Wolverine' Star Rila Fukushima
- Entertainment Weekly: 'Ghost in the Shell' adds 'Wolverine' actress Rila Fukushima
- Dark Horizons: Rila Fukushima Joins "Ghost in the Shell"
- Vulture: Ghost in the Shell Casts Rila Fukushima, But Not to Replace Scarlett Johansson
- Bleeding Cool: Rila Fukushima Joins Ghost In The Shell
- IGN Movies: Ghost in the Shell Movie Casts Wolverine Actress
- Cinema Blend: Ghost In The Shell Just Added A Wolverine Actress
- IGN Movies: Wolverine 3 Villains Rumored
- Latino Review: Wolverine Is Going To Fight Cyborgs in 'WOLVERINE 3'
- ScreenRant: Wolverine 3: More X-Men Villains Rumored to Appear
- SlashFilm: The ‘Wolverine 3’ Villains Have Been Maybe, Sort of Revealed (Possibly)
As the recent blockbuster Captain America: Civil War reinforced, it’s becoming less and less common for Marvel Studios to release a film containing only one major hero. While origin stories like Ant-Man and the upcoming Doctor Strange occasionally buck this trend, Marvel movies not featuring some type of team-up are becoming the exception much more than the rule, with even Thor: Ragnarok set to feature The Hulk in a prominent role.
- We Got This Covered: Chris Evans Reveals Which Marvel Movies He Wants To Appear In Next As Captain America
- Comic Book Movie: Chris Evans Teases Possible Captain America Cameo In GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY And SPIDER-MAN Franchises
- Cinema Blend: Where Captain America Should Appear Next, According To Chris Evans
- MovieWeb: Captain America to Show Up Next in Spider-Man: Homecoming?
- Comic Book Movie: COMICS: Today's CAPTAIN AMERICA: STEVE ROGERS #1 Features A Shocking Twist Marvel Knows You'll Hate
- The Wrap: Marvel Reveals Captain America’s Been a Villain All Along, Internet Freaks Out
- Comic Book Movie: Forget The CIVIL WAR! See Robert Downey Jr. & Chris Evans Team Up To Battle Cancer
- Screen Crush: Fans Are Freaking Out About a Big Twist in the New 'Captain America' Comic
- ScreenRant: Captain America: Steve Rogers #1 Takes A Dark, Shocking Turn
- AintItCool: D’Onofrio Wants To Bring DAREDEVIL’s Kingpin To SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING!!
- Screen Crush: 'Clown' Trailer: The Director of 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Exploits a Common Fear
You know how those undercover crime thrillers go. Law enforcement gets in too deep on their operation, chasing a big bust that might make a difference in the war against drugs/the mob/etc., and the further their involvement goes, the more danger they put themselves and those around them in. Those stories teeter on the wire, always teasing that things could bad at the drop of a hat... and... Read More...
- SlashFilm: ‘The Infiltrator’ Trailer: Bryan Cranston Goes After Pablo Escobar’s Drug Cartel
- Badass Digest: THE INFILTRATOR Trailer: Bryan Cranston Discovers Hardest Way Possible To Marry Diane Kruger
- We Got This Covered: Bryan Cranston Returns To A Life Of Crime In New Trailer For The Infiltrator
- Entertainment Weekly: Bryan Cranston goes undercover in 'The Infiltrator' trailer
- The Wrap: ‘The Infiltrator’ Trailer Plunges Bryan Cranston Back Into Dangerous Drug Territory (Video)
- FirstShowing.net: Second Intense Trailer for 'The Infiltrator' Featuring Bryan Cranston
- Screen Crush: 'The Infiltrator' Trailer: Walter White Versus Pablo Escobar
- Dark Horizons: Second Trailer: "The Infiltrator"
- Latino Review: New Theatrical Trailer For THE INFILTRATOR is HERE!
As part of the Batman v Superman fallout, Warner Bros. producer Charles Roven is no longer involved in the day-to-day operations of some DC movies.
- Latino Review: Producer Charles Roven Gets a Title Shift From DC Movies
- Screen Crush: If You're a DC Fan and You Hated 'Batman v Superman,' You'll Love 'DC Universe: Rebirth' #1
- SlashFilm: ‘Batman v Superman’ Fallout Continues: Producer Charles Roven Pulls Back Involvement
- Film School Rejects: 75 Questions Left Unanswered By Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
- Comic Book Movie: Geoff Johns Praises The Dialogue Ben Affleck Has Written For THE BATMAN And Discusses DC REBIRTH
- Bleeding Cool: DC Films Continues To Evolve With Reported Change In Producer Charles Roven’s Role
- Cinema Blend: The Batman Aspect Ben Affleck Seems To Have Mastered, According To Geoff Johns
- We Got This Covered: Geoff Johns Praises Ben Affleck’s Work On The Batman, Says “He’s Amazing”
Paramount is really just getting started with their Star Trek Beyond promotions and released two somewhat surprising character posters today. One of good ol’ Bones and the other of the new alien character Jaylah.http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/harpy
- Latino Review: New 'STAR TREK BEYOND' Character Posters Feature Jaylah & Bones
- MovieWeb: Star Trek Beyond Bones and Jaylah Character Posters Unveiled
- ScreenRant: Star Trek Beyond: Jaylah & Bones Character Posters Released
- Comic Book Movie: Dammit Jim! Karl Urban's 'Doctor McCoy' Gets His Own STAR TREK BEYOND Character Poster
- JoBlo: 2 new character posters hit for Star Trek Beyond
- We Got This Covered: Star Trek Beyond’s Karl Urban Discusses Playing Skurge In Thor: Ragnarok
- Comic Book Movie: STAR TREK BEYOND Actor Karl Urban Comments On His 'Skurge The Executioner' Role In Marvel's THOR: RAGNAROK
From last night… “We’re in a really good place if what we’re complaining about is comic books.” When Geoff Johns Talked To Seth Meyers About DC Universe: Rebirth #1
- Hollywood Reporter: 'Rebirth': Geoff Johns Talks About Bringing Hope Back to the DC Universe
- ScreenRant: Ben Affleck Psyched About Geoff Johns’ DC Rebirth #1
- Latino Review: Comic Book Review: DC Universe Rebirth #1
- AintItCool: AICN COMICS Reviews: DC REBIRTH! CIVIL WAR II! THE CHILLING ADVENTURES OF SABRINA! GRIMM TALES OF TE
- ScreenRant: DC Rebirth Splash Page Art: ‘The Greatest Heroes’ Reborn
- Comic Book Movie: COMICS: Best Look Yet At [SPOILER]'s New Costume; Geoff Johns Talks In Detail About His Shock Return
- Hollywood Reporter: DC's 'Rebirth': Decoding the Superhero Comic Book Relaunch
Even though we're currently in the midst of Season Six for HBO's GAME OF THRONES, we are still being introduced to new characters that play important roles in the future of Westeros. Sometimes they've been referenced before, and this is our first time meeting them, and others are just receiving their introductions into the still-expanding world around them. But what if one of them... Read More...
- SlashFilm: LOL: ‘Game of Thrones’ Gets a Visit from Martin Lawrence as the ‘Black Knight’
- Deadline: ‘Game Of Thrones’ Producers Apologize For Sunday’s Episode
- Coming Soon: Jaime Faces Off with High Sparrow in Game of Thrones Photos
- We Got This Covered: Trouble Brews On The Streets Of King’s Landing In New Game Of Thrones Stills
- IndieWire: 'Game of Thrones' Photos: Arya Eyes Her Target and Tommen Looks for Ser Pounce in 'Blood of My Blood'
- Comic Book Movie: New Promotional Stills From GAME OF THRONES Season 6 Episode 6: "Blood Of My Blood"
- Dark Horizons: VOTD: "Thrones" Producers Apologise For Twist
Disney’s live-action remakes have become just as inevitable as death and taxes — not that it’s necessarily a bad thing, considering how well The Jungle Book turned out (on the other hand, there’s that whole Alice in Wonderland thing…). And like that project, the studio may once again be setting up a competing live-action remake, this time turning their sights to The Little Mermaid. Continue reading…
- IGN Movies: Disney Considering Live-Action Little Mermaid
- Dark Horizons: Disney Still Plans Live-Action "Little Mermaid"
- ScreenRant: Disney Considering Live-Action Little Mermaid Film
- JoBlo: Disney contemplating a live-action version of The Little Mermaid
- Latino Review: Will 'THE LITTLE MERMAID' Be Added To Disney's Live-Action Slate Next?
- SlashFilm: Disney is Considering a Live Action ‘The Little Mermaid’ Because Who Doesn’t Want a License to Print Money?
- MovieWeb: Disney's Little Mermaid Live-Action Movie May Not Happen
For most fans and critics, True Detective season two was a disappointment. The series’ creator and writer, Nic Pizzolatto, didn’t live up to the high expectations following the Cary Fukunaga-directed first season. Season two averaged higher ratings than its predecessor, but by the time the ending aired, the viewership was considerably lower than the previous finale. Now, it’s rumored the once acclaimed series might not return at all. Below, check out the recent update for True Detective season three. Back in November, HBO signed a new deal with Pizzolatto.
- Badass Digest: Welp, Sounds Like TRUE DETECTIVE Is Probably Dead
- We Got This Covered: Nic Pizzolatto Working On New Series At HBO, Casts Doubt Over True Detective Season 3
- Dark Horizons: Pizzolatto Dumping "True Detective" S3?
- Vulture: In Defense of True Detective Season Two
- IndieWire: 'True Detective' Season 3 Not Likely Anytime Soon as Creator Nic Pizzolatto Formulates New HBO Project
- JoBlo: We may have seen the last of HBO's True Detective
FX’s The Americans will soon wrap up season four. The Cold War-era drama, which first aired in 2013, saw a drop in viewerships with season two and three. The Americans has never been a juggernaut in the ratings, which has often made fans worry the show wouldn’t end on its own terms. FX has remained a major supporter of the show, ratings be damned, and the network will allow the series’ co-runners Joe Fields and Joe Weisberg to complete the drama with two final seasons. Below, learn more about The Americans final seasons. FX has ordered 23 more episodes of the show.
- Dark Horizons: FX Renews "Americans" For Two Final Seasons
- Coming Soon: FX’s The Americans Renewed for Final Two Seasons
- We Got This Covered: The Americans To Cap Off Run With Two Final Seasons At FX
- IndieWire: Review: 'The Americans' Season 4 Episode 11 'Dinner for Seven' Serves Up a Mugging
- Vulture: The Americans Recap: One Tough Mother
Recent news of Margot Robbie’s Harley Quinn spinoff confirms what we already assumed: she’s the best part of Suicide Squad. But if a new rumor proves to be true, she may not be the only charismatic member of Task Force X, as Warner Bros. might be considering giving a couple of her villainous co-stars spinoffs of their very own. To be honest, a Captain Boomerang solo movie doesn’t seem like something that would ever actually happen, but WB has done wackier things in recent years. Continue reading…
- MovieWeb: Suicide Squad Spinoffs Planned for Joker & Captain Boomerang?
- ScreenRant: Multiple Suicide Squad Spinoffs Rumored
- JoBlo: Warner Bros. rumored to be contemplating multiple Suicide Squad spinoffs
- SlashFilm: More ‘Suicide Squad’ Spin-Offs May Be in the Works
- Latino Review: DCEU Looking To Commit To 'SUICIDE' For The Foreseeable Future?
Ever since Marvel Entertainment reacquired the live-action rights to the vampire-hunting antihero known as Blade there’s been talk from Marvel Studios boss Kevin Feige about the potential for the company to one day explore an R-rated film, potentially even bringing that particular “daywalker” back to the big screen. Of course, nothing of the sort has happened and Marvel Studios has not made an R-rated movie nor do they have any plans to according to Disney boss Bob Iger. Marvel TV however, has no qualms about delving into more adult content with their critically acclaimed Ne
- Dread Central: Wesley Snipes Still Eager to Make Blade 4
- Shock Till You Drop: Wesley Snipes Wants More BLADE…So Do We!
- We Got This Covered: Wesley Snipes Says Blade 4 Is A “Possibility”
- Latino Review: Wesley Snipes Comments on Possibility of More 'BLADE'
Duncan Jones thinks there is an arms race in Hollywood for the best visual effects and right now he and the crew of Warcraft are the coolest kids on the block. It’s hard to say for story and acting from the trailers, but the visuals we’ve seen so far in the trailers and featurettes are pretty stunning. And the fact a lot of it was shot practically mixing live-action with CGI characters is impressive. Converting video games to film has not gone well over all. Has Legendary and Blizzard figured out how to do it? The early reviews seem to cast some doubt on that.
- IndieWire: 'Warcraft' Review Roundup: Critics Say Game Over To Duncan Jones' MMORPG Adaptation
- Comic Book Movie: First Wave Of Reviews For WARCRAFT: THE BEGINNING Are Sure To Upset Fans Of The Video Game Series
- JoBlo: First reviews are in for Duncan Jones' Warcraft
- SlashFilm: ‘Warcraft’ Early Buzz: Too Much Crammed Into Too Little Time
Disney CEO Bob Iger erupted in frustration against Bernie Sanders’ attacks on Disney’s low wages and Iger’s sky-high salary, asking in a private Facebook post obtained by TheWrap: “How many jobs have you created?” In a private Facebook message on Tuesday, Iger, a supporter of Sanders’ Democratic presidential rival Hillary Clinton, wrote: “To Bernie Sanders: We created 11,000 new jobs at Disneyland in the past decade, and our company has created 18,000 in the US in the last five years. How many jobs have you created?
- Variety: Disney CEO Slams Bernie Sanders Over Low Pay Allegations
- Variety: Bernie Sanders Continues Attack on Disney Over Worker Pay
- Deadline: Bernie Sanders Steps Up Attack On Disney Over Disneyland Wages
- Hollywood Reporter: Tommy Chong's Daughter Says Father Heartbroken After Being Dropped From Bernie Sanders Rally
Barry Allen did something heroic, then something stupid, and now everything’s gone to hell again.Continue reading on Film School Rejects »
- JoBlo: TV Review: The Flash - Season 2 Finale "The Race of His Life"
- Bleeding Cool: Five Minutes Of The Flash Finale Could Affect Four Television Shows
- Latino Review: TV's The Flash "The Race of His Life" Season Finale Review
- Comic Book Movie: THE FLASH: Come Get Your First Official Look At The Man In The Iron Mask Unmasked
When the first trailer for Disney’s live-action Beauty and the Beast dropped online yesterday (at the time of writing this), it was quickly doing the rounds on the Internet gaining overwhelmingly positive comments. It’s fair to say that for now, at least any qualms people had over Disney remaking one of their best-loved classics have been laid to rest.
- IGN Movies: Beauty and the Beast Teaser Debut Beats Force Awakens
- Cinema Blend: Awesome Beauty And The Beast Video Shows How Scary Accurate This Adaptation Will Be
- Film School Rejects: Beauty and the Beast: The Most Watched Movie Trailer in One Day Ever
- SlashFilm: ‘Beauty and the Beast’ Teaser Breaks ‘The Force Awakens’ Views Record, Watch A Video Comparing It to the Original
Michael Bay sends out the first photo from the set of Transformers: The Last Knight as production begins in Cuba.
As Jeff Goldblum so delightfully puts it in the INDEPENDENCE DAY: RESURGENCE trailers, "they like to get the landmarks." Indeed they do Jeff, indeed they do. Although I definitely wouldn't count Roland Emmerich's now twenty year old original film among my favourites, I'm strangely looking forward to the upcoming sequel. Perhaps it's the thought of seeing Jeff... Read More...
- ScreenRant: New Independence Day: Resurgence Posters Showcase Landmarks
- Filmonic: Independence Day: Resurgence Extended Trailer
- MovieWeb: Independence Day 2 Posters Threaten the World's Greatest Landmarks
- SlashFilm: Sequel Bits: Frozen 2, Star Trek Beyond, Independence Day, National Treasure 3, Ninja Turtles 3
This article will be talking about the season finale of Arrow, so definitely spoilers. . . . . . Photo: Bettina Strauss/The CW — © 2016 The CW Network, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Going into this season the executive producers were talking about how the show was going to lightening up a bit and we were going to see Oliver Queen run for Mayor. Oliver did run for mayor before dropping out, but the show didn’t get lighter. No, it got much Darhker. Last night wrapped up the season with Damien Darhk as the bad guy.
- AintItCool: Finale Vs. ARROW!!
- JoBlo: TV Review: Arrow - Season 4 Finale "Schism"
- We Got This Covered: Arrow And Wolverine Actress Rila Fukushima Boards Ghost In The Shell
- Comic Book Movie: Green Arrow, Zoom, And More Finally Get Their Own ARROW And THE FLASH Funko POPs
Horror movies can be scary enough as they are. Just the ideas planted in the minds of viewers is often enough to get the imagination going. However, it's always a bit more scary when you know that the film is based on true events. This is especially true of the CONJURING films, which are based on the actual cases of paranormal investigators Ed and Lorraine Warren. As such, the studio has a unique opportunity in that they have actual files and recordings from the incidents they are drawing from.
Mirror’s Edge, the first-person parkour video game has an upcoming reboot scheduled and, it seems, a television show. Deadline reports Endemol Shine Studios has optioned the rights to the Electronic Arts video game series with intention of adapting to television. “It has a strong female protagonist, a wildly rabid fan base and a worldwide brand that Electronic Arts and EA DICE have done an amazing job establishing,” said studio president Sharon Hall. The original 2008 game and its upcoming reboot focus on Faith, a messenger in a futuristic world where corporate control of com
- Deadline: ‘Mirror’s Edge’ Video Game To Be Adapted As TV Series By Endemol Shine Studios
- We Got This Covered: DICE’s Shimmering City Of Glass Beckons In Mirror’s Edge Catalyst Launch Trailer
- We Got This Covered: Mirror’s Edge TV Series Darts To Endemol Shine Studios
There are plenty of fish in the sea â and a few familiar turtles too. Disney Pixar has released a pair of new clips from the underwater sequel Finding Dory, and the first glimpses the return of the easygoing sea turtle Crush and his young son, Squirt. In a scene reminiscent of Finding...
- Coming Soon: Learn to Speak Like a Whale, Finding Dory Style
- Coming Soon: Watch the First Finding Dory Clip!
- Hollywood Reporter: Petition Asks Disney, Pixar to Protect 'Dory' Fish
Back in 2010, eventual Spider-Man: Homecoming director Jon Watts and writing partner Christopher D. Ford uploaded a trailer to the Waverly Films YouTube channel simply called “Clown.” The trailer had an interesting premise and claimed to be the next film from Cabin Fever‘s Eli Roth: Click here to view the embedded video. Roth eventually saw the trailer and offered to help Watts and Ford get it made. Dimension Films picked up the film before shooting began in late 2012, but delayed its release in the US until now.
Get Shorty is the newest addition to the long list of films turning into television programs. Director Barry Sonnenfeld‘s excellent 1995 film is an adaptation of Elmore Leonard‘s novel, but the show will draw from both the movie and Leonard’s original work.
- Latino Review: EPIX Reimagines Elmore Leonard’s Crafty Novel 'GET SHORTY' for Television
- We Got This Covered: Get Shorty Will Be Receiving The Television Treatment
So, we’ve all seen Chewbacca Mom… …but we haven’t seen her with late night talk show host, James Corden and Star Wars director, J.J. Abrams. Watch as J.J. gives her some fantastic advice. She get’s a nice surprise from the original Chewbacca, Peter Mayhew as well… It’s amazing what a trip to the store for a mask can do to your life. One minute you’re making breakfast for your kids, and the next…you’re on The Late Late Show with James Corden wearing a Chewbacca mask. Well done. Chewbacca Mom, James Corden, J.J. Abrams…OH MY!
Lionsgate unveiled its 2016 financials Wednesday afternoon, a year that turned out to be a tale of two different screens. TV revenue hit record highs over the fiscal 12 months while the film slate slumped off, something that boss Jon Feltheimer acknowledged in his prepared statement. “Our television business had a record year with all categories contributing great results, and we expect its strong growth to continue this year,” the CEO said.
Warner Bros. Pictures has released the first poster for THE ACCOUNTANT starring Ben Affleck, Anna Kendrick, J.K. Simmons, Jon Bernthal, Jeffrey Tambor, and John Lithgow.The film is directed by Gavin O'Connor from a screenplay written by Bill Dubuque.THE ACCOUNTANT follows Christian Wolff (Affleck) who is a math savant with more affinity for numbers than people.
Not much is known about Luke Cage, but some newly released set photos from the Netflix series put the spotlight on Erik LaRay Harvey as Willis Stryker/Diamondback exchanging blows with Power Man. However, this version of the character dons some sort of helmet and suit in order to square off with the man who has unbreakable skin, and he looks...well, like an Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
- We Got This Covered: New Luke Cage Set Photos Pit Power Man Against The Villainous Diamondback
- Coming Soon: Luke Cage Set Photos Reveal Another Villain for the Netflix Series
It was recently announced that Karl Urban has been added to the cast of THOR: RAGNAROK as Skurge the Executioner, and while speaking with IGN, the actor explained why he was interested in taking on the movie. Urban then went on to say that his character will have a great arc in the threequel. I read a fantastic script that was action-packed and full of great characters. When I heard who was involved -- and the... Read More...
- Fandango Movie Blog: Mark Ruffalo Promises Hulk Will Be "Hulk-ier" in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
Thirty years into Shane Blackâs Hollywood career, first as a screenwriter and then full-on auteur, it is clear that he loves three things: buddy badinage, labyrinthine crime plots, and Christmas. Lethal Weapon. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. Iron Man 3. All feature the holiday...
- Film School Rejects: The Nice Guys Review
Joss Whedon has always been seen as someone who writes great female characters, and who has long championed strong female protagonists for his stories. From projects like BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER to ALIEN: RESURRECTION, from FIRELY to DOLLHOUSE, and within his two AVENGERS movies for Marvel, Whedon has a history of showcasing kickass women kicking serious ass and not being treated as damsels or mere eye candy.
The 'Ghostbusters' cast reveals their odd, pre-ghostbusting jobs
As historian Benjamin Franklin Gates, Nicolas Cage unraveled numerous mysteries in the two National TreasureÂ films â and raked in some serious Benjamins at the box office. But one conundrum the Oscar-winning actor canât solve is when we will see another movie in the series. âI...
I love horror films that are set in the past, before mobile phones, internet, even before cars; the more isolated, the better, without the distraction of modern life interrupting what makes us truly afraid. When all you have is other humans and nature and the thin line that separates you from violence and insanity. Such seems to be the case with The Lighthouse, a new feature film directed by Chris Crow (Devil's Bridge, Panic Button) and produced by David Lloyd (Devil's Bridge).
- Horror-Movies.ca: Official Trailer for Edgar Allan Poe’s ‘Lighthouse Keeper’
Shia Labeouf is hitting the road for his latest artistic endeavor. The actor and his two collaborators, Nastja Säde Rönkkö and Luke Turner, are hitchhiking across the country in a project they are calling #TAKEMEANYWHERE. The three started off in Boulder, Colorado, on May 23 and will stay on the road until June 23. They will tweet their coordinates after every ride and the first person to pick them up can take them wherever the person chooses.
Director David Yates' take on The Legend of Tarzan will put a new spin on the classic Greystoke tale, beginning the story with a settled John Clayton being forced to return to his wild ways to come to the aid of his wife, Jane. This latest poster for the movie features the two leads surrounded by some jungle pals, who will no doubt come in very handy during the inevitable battle to come. It has been years since the man once known as Tarzan (Skarsgård) left the jungles of Africa behind for a gentrified life as John Clayton, Lord Greystoke, with his beloved wife, Jane (Robbie) a
- We Got This Covered: Latest Poster For The Legend Of Tarzan Divides Human From Nature
'I donât want to have any "men" or "women" signs in the building,' says Alamo Drafthouse CEO
A perfect documentary for an election cycle internet.Continue reading on Film School Rejects »
Eli Roth is open to horror in all its forms — so much so that a one-sentence pitch can become his next scream-inducing project. Roth’s Crypt TV hosted a “One Sentence Scare” contest for global genre fans with partner MoviePilot.com, a digital entertainment magazine. The winning concept will become a short film produced by the “Hostel” director himself. Solon Papageorgio, an 18-year-old from Greece, came out on top.
My personal jury is still out on director Mickey Keating, but one thing has become increasingly clear over the past two years or so: he’s here to stay. His new film, Carnage Park, rode a wave of generally positive buzz at Sundance and SXSW this year and the first trailer makes this look like the film that could break him out of his current niche. That is, if he even wants to break out of his current niche. Keating’s work certainly suggests that he is perfectly happy making films directly for already-entrenched horror fans and trash cinema aficionados.
- FirstShowing.net: Watch: First Trailer for Mickey Keating's Indie Thriller 'Carnage Park'
Before they finalized the title, 20th Century Fox and Lucasfilm released trailers for 'Revenge Of The Jedi,' and a long-lost version of the trailer has surfaced from the UK.http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/motion-captured
A year ago we learned that The Rock would be starring in a big screen remake of Big Trouble In Little China, but we haven’t heard much about it since then. Sometimes when you don’t hear about a film project for a long time you just assume that it could have fallen into development heck. I thought this might be the case with The Rock’s Big Trouble remake, especially since the action star keeps getting attached to so many new projects, like the Jumanji remake and the Robert Ludlum cinematic universe.
Funko seems to have the rights to just about everything you love whether it’s modern day superheroes and sci-fi or 80s classics. Now they’ve gone and transformed characters from Jim Henson and Frank Oz’s The Dark Crystal.http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/harpy
- Film School Rejects: 38 Things We Learned from The Witch Commentary
Johnny Depp and Amber Heard are on the express train to Splitsville. Heard has filed for divorce from “Pirates of the Caribbean” star Depp, after just over one year of marriage, according to court documents obtained by TheWrap. The pair married in February 2015 after meeting on the set of 2011’s “The Rum Diary,” which was an adaptation of a Hunter S.
If you've somehow forgotten that X-MEN: APOCALYPSE takes place in the 1980's, Twentieth Century Fox's marketing for the film has definitely been doing everything they can to remind you of that fact by taking advantage of its 80's roots. We've already seen an enrollment video for Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters, and the latest piece of 80's heavy marketing... Read More...
1. Angry Birds Movie, TheGross: $38,155,177Total: $38,155,177
2. Captain America: Civil WarGross: $32,939,739Total: $347,215,892
3. Neighbors 2: Sorority RisingGross: $21,760,405Total: $21,760,405
4. Nice Guys, TheGross: $11,203,270Total: $11,203,270
5. Jungle Book, TheGross: $10,944,350Total: $327,424,915