Top Movie News for April 27, 2015
Avengers: Age of Ultron has already grossed over $200 million in international release and will likely add at least that much to its grand total when it opens this weekend in the United States. Since the first film in 2012, fans have been patiently waiting for more Avengers action and that’s exactly what Joss Whedon delivers with the sequel. Now, it seems like we might not have to wait until the third Avengers for more Avengers. Amazon.co.uk sent an e-mail to their users offering a pre-order of the Age of Ultron Blu-ray.
- We Got This Covered: Avengers: Age Of Ultron Blu-Ray To Boast Extended Cut And Alternate Ending
- IGN Movies: Extended Avengers: Age of Ultron Cut is Coming
- Moviefone: U.S. Box Office Twiddles Its Thumbs, Waits for 'Avengers: Age of Ultron'
- Long Island Newsday: Big summer movies of 2015: 'Avengers: Age of Ultron,' 'Pitch Perfect 2,' more
- Coming Soon: CS Video: The Avengers: Age of Ultron Stars Discuss the MCU
- Moviefone: Mark Ruffalo on 'Avengers: Age of Ultron,' Forbidden Love, and Embracing the Hulk (EXCLUSIVE)
- Latino Review: 'Furious 7' Number 1 Again In Domestic Box Office While 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Opens to $201 Million Overseas
- SlashFilm: LOL: Cookie Monster Is Always Hungry in ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’ Sesame Street Parody
- MTV Movies Blog: Here’s Why ‘Avengers: Age Of Ultron’ Will Make You Ship Hulk And Black Widow
- The Wrap: ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’ Gets ‘Sesame Street’ Parody Promoting Healthy Eating (Video)
- Fandango Movie Blog: Exclusive Artwork: The Avengers: Age of Ultron
- The Playlist: Watch: 2 New Clips And Lots Of New Pics From 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron'; German Indie Cinemas Ban The Blockbuster
- Bleeding Cool: Sesame Street Parodies Avengers: Age Of Ultron
- FirstShowing.net: Watch: 'Sesame Street' Adds Veggies to 'The Avengers: Age of Ultron'
- JoBlo: Cool Videos: Avengers: Age of Ultron gets a Sesame Street parody
- HitFix: 9 things we learned from the cast of 'Avengers: Age of Ultron'
- Moviefone: Watch Sesame Street's Delicious 'Avengers' Parody, 'Age of Bon Bon'
- Digital Spy: Sesame Street meets The Avengers in brilliant Age of Bon Bon parody
- The Playlist: Joss Whedon Says 'Black Hawk Down' An Inspiration For The 'Avengers' Movies, Talks Marvel "Friction" Making 'Ultron'
- HitFix: Joss Whedon was left speechless by Paul Bettany's Vision in 'Age Of Ultron'
- Cinema Blend: Sesame Street's Avengers Parody Is Adorable, Of Course
- Rotten Tomatoes: News: Avengers: Infinity War to Film in 2016
- Cinema Blend: Avengers 3: Everything We Know About Infinity War
- Coming Soon: Chris Evans Reveals Shooting Plans for Avengers: Infinity War
- We Got This Covered: Avengers: Infinity War To Shoot Back-To-Back, Chris Evans Guesstimates Filming Could Take Up To 9 Months
- Variety: ‘Avengers’ Assemble at Hot Topic with Her Universe Fashion Line
- Cinema Blend: Marvel Will Shoot Both Avengers: Infinity War Movies Together
- Entertainment Weekly: 'Avengers' boycott by German cinemas
- Entertainment Weekly: 'Sesame Street' releases 'Avengers' parody
- Screen Crush: 'Sesame Street' Parodies 'Avengers 2' With 'The Aveggies'
- Comic Book Movie: AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR To Film For 9 Months, Starting Late 2016
- Screen Crush: Post Credits: 'Avengers 2' Video Review Goes In-Depth on Marvel's Latest Movie
- Fandango Movie Blog: EXCLUSIVE ARTWORK: Anatomy of the Avengers
- MTV Movies Blog: 12 Things The Avengers Can Teach You About Teamwork
- MTV Movies Blog: Are The Hulk And Black Widow A Match Made In ‘Avengers’ Heaven? We Asked A Couples Counselor
- IGN Movies: Spider-Man Reboot Might Use Avengers Name
- Screen Crush: Compare the 'Avengers 2' Characters to Their First Comic Book Appearance
- ScreenRant: ‘Avengers: Infinity War – Part 1 & 2′ Will Film Back to Back Over 9 Months
- SlashFilm: ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ Part 1 and 2 to Shoot Back to Back Over Almost a Year
- Screen Crush: 'Avengers: Infinity War' Will Shoot Both Parts Back to Back in 2016
If there's one thing the newest batch of "X-Men" movies are doing super right, it's meticulous decade-specific costuming.
- We Got This Covered: Catch A Fleeting Glimpse Of Kodi Smit-McPhee As Nightcrawler In X-Men: Apocalypse
- Vulture: X-Men: Apocalypse: This Is What Nightcrawler Will Look Like
- Coming Soon: New X-Men: Apocalypse Concept Art Spans Centuries
- Cinema Blend: See Young Cyclops, Jean Grey, Jubilee And More In X-Men: Apocalypse Set Photos
- Comic Book Movie: UPDATE: First Official Look At Kodi Smit-McPhee As 'Nightcrawler' In X-MEN: APOCALYPSE
- Screen Crush: Get Your First Look at Nightcrawler in 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
- The Playlist: First Look: Kodi Smit-McPhee As Nightcrawler In 'X-Men: Apocalypse'; Oscar Isaac Talks The Four Horsemen
- Latino Review: Bryan Singer Debuts First Look At Nightcrawler From 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
- SlashFilm: ‘X-Men: Apocalypse’ First Look: See Kodi Smit-McPhee as the New Nightcrawler
- The Wrap: ‘X-Men: Apocalypse': First Look at Kodi Smit-Mcphee as Nightcrawler (Photo)
- FirstShowing.net: First Look: Kodi Smit-McPhee as Nightcrawler in 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
- JoBlo: First look at Kodi Smit-McPhee's Nightcrawler from X-Men: Apocalypse
- ScreenRant: ‘X-Men: Apocalypse’ Begins Production; First Official Look at Kodi Smit-McPhee as Nightcrawler
- HitFix: First Look: Nightcrawler BAMFS his way into 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
- Bleeding Cool: First Look At Nightcrawler From X-Men: Apocalypse
- Comic Book Movie: X-MEN: APOCALYPSE Concept Art Reveals Cerebro, Ancient Egypt, The New Blackbird, And More
- Fandango Movie Blog: See Kodi Smit-McPhee as Nightcrawler in 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
- Comic Book Movie: BTS Snaps From X-MEN: APOCALYPSE Reveal First Look At 'Cyclops,' 'Jean Grey' & More
- Digital Spy: First look at X-Men Apocalypse's new Nightcrawler Kodi Smit-McPhee
- MTV Movies Blog: ‘X-Men’ Fans, Get Your First Look At The New Nightcrawler
- Empire Magazine: First Look At Kodi Smit-McPhee As X-Men Apocalypse's Nightcrawler
- Entertainment Weekly: Kodi Smit-McPhee as Nightcrawler: 'X-Men' First Look
Ted was a surprise hit back in 2012, earning $549.4 million worldwide to become the 2nd highest grossing R-rated comedy of all time. Now the foul mouthed bear is back for another round in Ted 2. Wow, they are not holding back in this one, not one bit. Hey, at least they don’t seem to […] Read The Red Band Trailer for Ted 2 on Filmonic.
- Shockya: Ted 2 Gets A New Red-Band Trailer
- Cinema Blend: Ted 2's Restricted Trailer Packs In Drugs, Sex And Tom Brady
- Hollywood Reporter: New 'Ted 2' Red Band Trailer: "There's So Much Porn!"
- Moviefone: The 'Ted 2' Red Band Trailer Features Tom Brady & Lots of Profanity
- We Got This Covered: The Thunder Buddies Are Up To No Good In New Trailer For Ted 2
- Digital Spy: Seth MacFarlane and Mark Wahlberg create lyrics for Law & Order theme in Ted 2 trailer
- Empire Magazine: New Ted 2 'Restricted Trailer' Arrives Online
- MTV Movies Blog: ‘Ted 2′ Debuts Its Raunchiest Trailer Yet
- The Playlist: Watch: Mark Wahlberg’s Teddy Bear Delivers More Dick, Fart & Jizz Jokes In The New Trailer For ‘Ted 2’
- Entertainment Weekly: Tom Brady cameos in the 'Ted 2' red-band trailer
- Screen Crush: The 'Ted 2' Red Band Trailer Is Exactly What You'd Expect
- SlashFilm: ‘Ted 2′ Red Band Trailer and Poster: Porn, Drugs and Tom Brady
- HitFix: Morgan Freeman collects his latest paycheck in this new trailer for 'Ted 2'
- Latino Review: New Red-Trailer and One-Sheet for 'Ted 2'
- FirstShowing.net: 'Ted 2' Red Band Trailer Gives the 'Law & Order' Theme Some Lyrics
- The Wrap: ‘Ted 2’ Red Band Trailer Features Tom Brady, ‘So Much Porn’
You can’t have a Mad Max movie without some seriously awesome vehicles, many of which we’ve spotted in the trailers involved in intensely explosive action sequences. If you’ve been wanting to get a better look at those vehicles, we’ve got a gallery of new images from Fury Road that let you appreciate these truly twisted machines — take a good look because pretty soon you’ll be watching them all get destroyed. Continue reading…
- We Got This Covered: Hells Angels: Bevy Of Screenshots Showcase The Vehicles Behind The Mayhem In Mad Max: Fury Road
- The Playlist: From Interceptor To War Rig, Take A Look At Vehicles Bringing Mayhem To 'Mad Max: Fury Road'
- Vulture: Mad Men Fashion Recap: Moving On Up?
- Cinema Blend: These Are The Adam Sandler Jokes That Some Native Americans Are Mad About
- Vulture: Mad Men Recap: ‘I Thought We Were Safe’
- Thompson on Hollywood: 'Mad Men' to Go Out in Style at Special Los Angeles Tribute
- Vulture: Peggy and Pete, Together Again on Mad Men
- Variety: ‘Mad Men’ Director Jared Harris on Peggy’s Reveal and Playing Drunk
- USA Today: Carey Mulligan is 'Mad' for her man
- Film School Rejects: Mad Men Recap: “Time & Life” Predicts a Very Bleak Finale
Actor Daniel Bruhl has confirmed that he will be playing the hooded villain Baron Zemo in Captain America: Civil War. (Well, hooded in the comics anyway.) Known for his roles in Inglorious Basterds and Rush, Bruhl told British newspaper The Independent he would be playing Captain America's antagonist when the film begins shooting toward the end of this month. Word had leaked earlier this year that the actor might be playing the character. Continue reading…
- Cinema Blend: Captain America: Civil War Finally Admitted Who Its Villain Will Be
- Screen Crush: 'Captain America: Civil War' Star Daniel Bruhl Reveals Which Marvel Villain He's Playing in the Film
- We Got This Covered: Captain America: Civil War Will Have Daniel Bruhl Play The Villainous Helmut Zemo
- Digital Spy: Daniel Brühl confirms his villainous role in Captain America: Civil War
- Comic Book Movie: Frank Grillo Teases His Transformation Into 'Crossbones' For CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR
- SlashFilm: Daniel Brühl Confirms ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Character
- MTV Movies Blog: Iron Man Ain’t The Only Bad Guy In ‘Captain America: Civil War’
- FirstShowing.net: Daniel Bruhl Confirmed as Baron Zemo in 'Captain America: Civil War'
- Latino Review: Daniel Brühl Confirms He's Playing Baron Zemo in 'Captain America: Civil War'
- Entertainment Weekly: Daniel Bruhl as Marvel 'Civil War' villain
Today in outrage, a video has been released of a group of Native American actors who walked off the set of the Adam Sandler Netflix movie "The Ridiculous Six" arguing with producers.http://www.hitfix.com
- Entertainment Weekly: 'Ridiculous Six' Native American actors threaten to walk off in video
- The Wrap: Adam Sandler’s ‘Ridiculous Six’ Producer Tells Native American Actors to Leave Set ‘If You Are Overly Sensitive’ (Video)
- The Playlist: "They're Just Making A Funny Movie": Vanilla Ice Defends 'Ridiculous 6,' Plus Video Of Native Actors Confronting Producer
- Vulture: Which Foreign Actors Do the Best American Accents?
- Rotten Tomatoes: News: Vanilla Ice Defends Adam Sandler's Ridiculous Six
- USA Today: Vanilla Ice defends 'Ridiculous Six'
Hailee Steinfeld is attached to star in supernatural romantic thriller “Break My Heart 1,000 Times,” based on the novel by Daniel Waters. Gold Circle is behind the adaptation, which was written by Jason Fuchs and will be directed by Scott Speer. Described as “The Fault in Our Stars” meets “The Sixth Sense,” the film is set after a cataclysmic event that has torn apart the barrier between our world and the next, leaving “Remnants,” ghost-like essences of the deceased as part of everyday life. Also Read: 42 Summer Movies on Our Radar: From 'Avenger
- Hollywood Reporter: Cannes: Hailee Steinfeld to Star in YA Adaptation 'Break My Heart 1,000 Times'
- Variety: Hailee Steinfeld to Star in Thriller ‘Break My Heart 1,000 Times’
- Deadline: Hailee Steinfeld To Star In ‘Break My Heart 1,000 Times’
- Dread Central: Cas Get Backup in this Clip from Supernatural Episode 10.20 – Angel Heart
- Variety: Sharon Draper’s ‘Out of My Mind’ YA Novel Set for Movie Adaptation (EXCLUSIVE)
- Rotten Tomatoes: News: YA Bestseller Out of My Mind to Get the Movie Treatment
THR is reporting that Adam Wingard, director of festival favorites You're Next and The Guest, is now attached to the English language version of Death Note for Warner Bros. No word if longtime partner Simon Barrett is coming on board to do anything about the script to date.The original Japanese manga spawned two successful live action films, starring Matsuyma Kenichi and Fujiwara Tasuya, in 2006, both directed by Kaneko Shusuke.
- Coming Soon: The Guest’s Adam Wingard to Direct the Death Note Movie
- Hollywood Reporter: 'Guest' Director Adam Wingard Signs On for 'Death Note' (Exclusive)
- Shock Till You Drop: The Guest’s Adam Wingard to direct Death Note
- Comic Book Movie: Hollywood's Live-Action DEATH NOTE Film Revived With Adam Wingard
- Dread Central: American Death Note Redux Gets a Killer Director
- Screen Crush: 'Death Note' Live-Action Film Coming From the Team That Brought You 'The Guest'
Maika Monroe (It Follows, The Guest) has officially joined the star-studded cast of Roland Emmerich's Independence Day sequel. The director confirmed the news via Twitter, writing: "I have another addition to announce. The beautiful & talented Maika Monroe is officially signed on 2 the Independence Day Sequel!" Monroe joins new Independence Day cast members Liam Hemsworth, Jessie Usher, Charlotte Gainsbourg, and Travis Tope, as well as Jeff Goldblum, Bill Pullman, Vivica A. Fox, Judd Hirsch, and Brent Spiner, who all starred in the original film. Continue reading…
- Coming Soon: It Follows’ Maika Monroe Joins Independence Day 2
- Variety: ‘It Follows’ Star Maika Monroe Joins ‘Independence Day 2′
- The Wrap: ‘It Follows’ Star Maika Monroe Joins Liam Hemsworth in ‘Independence Day 2’
- JoBlo: Maika Monroe lands the female lead in Independence Day 2
- AintItCool: INDEPENDENCE DAY 2 will follow IT FOLLOWS on Maika Monroe's filmography!
- Hollywood Reporter: 'It Follows' Star Joins 'Independence Day 2' as Female Lead
We were a little confused by the lack of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles’ most notorious villain last year’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles reboot, but have no fear: the upcoming sequel is finally adding Shredder to the mix…along with BeBop, Rocksteady and Baxter Stockman. That’s a whole lot of villains, but there’s none more iconic or imposing than Shredder, who will be played by Brian Tee, one of Hugh Jackman’s co-stars in The Wolverine. Continue reading…
- Variety: ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2′ Casts Brian Tee as Shredder
- Coming Soon: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 Casts a New Shredder in Brian Tee
- JoBlo: Michael Bay reveals first look at Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 vehicles
- Latino Review: Bay Shows Off Some Sweet Rides From 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2'
- Fandango Movie Blog: News Briefs: First 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2' Photos; New 'Barely Lethal' Trailer
- SlashFilm: Sequel Bits: Ninja Turtles 2, Frozen 2, Mallrats 2, Zoolander 2, Super Troopers 2, Bill & Ted 3
While Vin Diesel and co. are crushing the box office with "Furious 7," thanks to the franchise's increasing series of improbable mega-stunts, nothing beats the real thing. In an unlikely part of the world, an even unlikelier group of drivers are making waves with their skills behind the wheel.
Lifetime announced Monday that they are developing a made-for-TV movie about the classic sitcom “Full House.” “The Unauthorized Full House Story” will tell the behind-the-scenes tale of the ABC show that ran from 1987 to 1995. The show centered around Danny Tanner (Bob Saget), a San Francisco sportscaster who tries to raise his three daughters with the help of his brother-in-law (John Stamos) and his best friend (Dave Coulier). The show also starred Candace Cameron Bure, Jodie Sweetin, and was an early starring role for the Olsen twins, who jointly played Michelle Tanne
- Deadline: ‘Unauthorized Full House’ Movie In The Works At Lifetime
- Moviefone: Lifetime Is Making 'The Unauthorized Full House Story' Movie
- Vulture: Lifetime Is Making an ‘Unauthorized’ Full House Movie, Too
- Variety: ‘Full House’ TV Movie Coming to Lifetime
- Moviefone: The Cast of 'Full House': Then and Now
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment Who better to write a movie based on a classic sitcom about an African-American family than the creator of a new sitcom about an African-American family? Deadline reports that Good Times is heading to the big screen with a script by Kenya Barris, the guy behind the hit new show Black-ish. He also co-created America’s Next Top Model, but that’s of less relevance. Not that Black-ish and Good Times have a lot in common themselves besides the fact that they’re both about African-American households.
- Long Island Newsday: 'Good Times' movie to be written by 'Black-ish' creator Kenya Barris
- Deadline: ‘Black-Ish’ Creator Kenya Barris To Script ‘Good Times’ Film
- Entertainment Weekly: 'Black-ish' creator writing 'Good Times' movie
- Rotten Tomatoes: News: Kenya Barris Hired to Write Good Times
- JoBlo: Dyn-o-mite! TV classic Good Times is heading to the big screen
Oscar-nominated screenwriter Don Mankiewicz has died at the age of 93, according to multiple media reports. The writer of 1931’s “I Want to Live!” died of congestive heart failure at his home in Monrovia, California, on Saturday according to his son, producer John Makiewicz, who counts “House M.D.” and “House of Cards” among his credits. The younger Mankiewicz confirmed his father’s death to The LA Times. Also Read: Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2015 (Photos) Part of a legendary family, Mankiewicz’s father was Herman J.
- Deadline: Don M. Mankiewicz Dies: Oscar-Nominated Screenwriter, Novelist Was 93
- Hollywood Reporter: Don Mankiewicz, Oscar-Nominated Screenwriter for 'I Want to Live!,' Dies at 93
- Variety: Don Mankiewicz Dies at 93; Screenwriter Wrote ‘I Want to Live!,’ ‘Star Trek’ Episode
- USA Today: Acclaimed screenwriter Don Mankiewicz dies
In our discussion of “High Sparrow,” this week’s episode of Game of Thrones, we are going to explore the battles that will be waged in season 5. Because as we found out this week, many battle lines have been drawn. The setup appears to be winding down and in its wake will come the bloody battles that will define the show’s fifth year. This discussion includes spoilers for season 5, episode 3 and while it is informed by some book knowledge, there will be no book spoilers. This is a column for people who love reading in between the lines of the show.
- Vulture: In Praise of Sansa Marrying Ramsay on Game of Thrones
- Vulture: What You Need to Know About That Black-and-White House on Game of Thrones
- Bleeding Cool: Game Of Thrones - How Cersei, Arya, Maergery And Jon Snow Have Transformed
- IndieWire: Did Pete Campbell Murder Robb Stark? An Unexpected 'Game of Thrones'/'Mad Men' Crossover
From Obvious Child's Gillian RobespierreObvious Child was one of our favourite movies last year, so we’re pleased to see the team reuniting on a new project.
- Variety: Jenny Slate, Ari Graynor Starring in Road Comedy Pilot for FX
- Deadline: Jenny Slate & Ari Graynor To Topline FX Comedy Pilot From ‘Obvious Child’ Duo
- Vulture: Your Imaginary Best Friend Jenny Slate Reunites With Obvious Child Team for FX Pilot About Female Friendship
- IndieWire: Jenny Slate and 'Obvious Child' Director Making Female-Focused Road Trip Comedy for FX
French-Argentinean filmmaker Gaspar Noe is no stranger to controversy. Having made several films that had crossed lines of decency and art such as I STAND ALONE, ENTER THE VOID, and IRREVERSIBLE, Noe is a lightning rod for films that get people talking. His latest film, LOVE, is set to screen at the 2015 Cannes Film Festival and looks to be on the verge of the same kind of buzz like Lars Von Trier's... Read More...
- Digital Spy: Gaspar Noé's Love has the most NSFW poster you've ever seen
- The Playlist: Plot Details And Opening Sequence Revealed For Gaspar Noe's 3D Cannes Midnight Movie 'Love'
- Variety: ‘Burning Love’ Duo Announces Multiplatform Fox Slate Including ‘Filthy Sexy Teen$’
- Twitch: Love And Robots In Finland With LOVEMILLA
Earlier this month, Zac Efron and Adam DeVine landed quite the spectacular companion for their forthcoming comedy Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates set up at 20th Century Fox. Pitch Perfect star Anna Kendrick took the role of one of the wedding dates that the titular dudes find after placing an ad online. But since there's two hard-partying, immature brothers in the title, they need two dates.
- Variety: Aubrey Plaza Joins Zac Efron in Fox’s ‘Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates’ (EXCLUSIVE)
- Coming Soon: Aubrey Plaza Boards Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates
- Rotten Tomatoes: News: Aubrey Plaza Joins Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates
- Empire Magazine: Aubrey Plaza Joins Mike And Dave Need Wedding Dates
I'm sure you watched The Avengers film and saw that Agent Coulson was killed by Loki. Then, a few months later Agent Coulson was resurrected and a new television series was created titled, Marvel's Agents of SHIELD. Avengers: Age of Ultron Director Joss Whedon already revealed that he disliked that decision, but now while talking with IGN, he revealed that as far as the movies go, Agent Phil Coulson is indeed, dead and the TV series does not tie-in to the movies. “Yeah he’s dead. The entire television series is just a fever dream.
- Digital Spy: Discover the science of zombies in Shaun of the Dead with new sci-fi series
- IGN Movies: Why the Marvel Movie Guys Are Annoyed With Joss Whedon
- The Playlist: Joss Whedon Talks Batman, Wonder Woman, Spider-Man And His Spec Script 'Suspension' Resurfacing With Liam Neeson
- Screen Crush: Joss Whedon Says Marvel Studios Was Pissed When 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Was Announced
HitFix talks to "Fantastic Four" reboot stars Jamie Bell, Michael B. Jordan, Miles Teller and Kate Mara at CinemaCon 2015.http://www.hitfix.com
- Badass Digest: The New FANTASTIC FOUR Movie Changes Mr. Fantastic’s Powers
- Variety: Molly Shannon, Paul Reiser Join Drama-Comedy ‘Miles’
- AintItCool: Reed Richards To Stretch Differently In Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR
- Fandango Movie Blog: Watch This Week’s Hottest Trailers: ‘Fantastic Four,’ ‘Jurassic World’ and ‘Black Mass’
- HitFix: 'Fantastic Four' chickens out, makes Reed less fantastic
- HitFix: Simon Kinberg clarifies on 'Fantastic Four' and Reed Richards: 'He stretches'
“Furious 7” will be the second record-breaking American movie blockbuster to make more at the box office in China than it will in North America. Universal’s action sequel, which has taken in more than $1.32 billion globally, over the weekend became the highest-grossing film ever in China, with $326 million in 15 days of release.
The recent image posted of Jared Leto as the Joker has caused quite a stir on the internet… some folks aren’t happy with the tattooed up version of Batman’s arch-nemesis. Well, you can take a breath and relax. Word has come out saying this isn’t how he will look in the Suicide Squad film. Moviepilot.com is using a tweet from Hollywood insider Gabriel Gray along with some on the set photos to show that the Hot Topic version of Mr. J isn’t what we will end up with. Looking at the photos, no tattoos that can be seen.
- Cinema Blend: Will The Joker Actually Have Tattoos In Suicide Squad?
- We Got This Covered: The Good And The Bad About Jared Leto’s Joker In Suicide Squad
- Latino Review: Is This A New Pic of Actor Jared Leto as the Joker In 'Suicide Squad'?
- Fandango Movie Blog: See Jared Leto's Joker In First Crazy Image from 'Suicide Squad'
In the comics, he’s been “Amazing,” “Spectacular,” “Ultimate” and more. Now, rumor has it for his next big screen incarnation, Spider-Man will be an Avenger. A new rumor from former Latino Review scooper El Mayimbe says Sony and Marvel are currently toying with Spider-Man: The New Avenger as the title for the July 28, 2017 film, likely to be directed by Drew Goddard. The title – if true – makes a lot of sense.
If you're one of those action fans who has been waiting for a sequel to Face/Off or another installment in the Rush Hour franchise, what if we told you that it was possible to kill those two birds with one stone? Sean Combs (aka Diddy, P. Diddy, Puff Daddy, Honey Combs) and Byung-Hun Lee (RED 2, Terminator: Genisys) have teamed up for the ultimate blockbuster sequel: Rush Hour 4: Face/Off 2. If you've been in Los Angeles, you might have seen a billboard for this project around town, and now it's finally arrived. This is such a weird idea, and I honestly can't believe it even exists.
James Mangold is feeling the pain of what happens when you have two high profile productions set to film right after each other. The director of THE WOLVERINE has been prepping the sequel to the Hugh Jackman-led superhero movie while also diving into the adaptation of mystery novel THE DEEP BLUE GOOD-BY with Christian Bale. Mangold was set to complete the Bale led film, eyed as a potential franchise by the... Read More...
- We Got This Covered: James Mangold’s The Deep Blue Good-By In Troubled Waters Following Christian Bale Injury
- The Playlist: Christian Bale's 'The Deep Blue Goodbye' Sinks Due To Knee Injury
- FirstShowing.net: Christian Bale Injury Forces Fox to Drown 'The Deep Blue Goodbye'
Two-time Oscar winner Hilary Swank and Oscar-nominated “Selma” star Tom Wilkinson are attached to star in the fact-based courtroom drama “Denial,” which follows a libel case involving a Holocaust denier. Mick Jackson (“The Bodyguard”) will direct from a screenplay by David Hare, who adapted the book “History on Trial: My Day in Court with a Holocaust Denier” by Deborah E. Lipstadt.
"Star Wars Battlefront" will release the Battle of Jakku DLC in the lead up to "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" but what do these crossed lightsabers mean?http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/harpy
- Screen Crush: Some 'Star Wars' Genius Sent an Actual X-Wing Model Into Space
- Latino Review: A Closer Look At Daisy Ridley In 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens'
- Entertainment Weekly: A round-up of EW's exclusive 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' reports
- HitFix: Chris Columbus: The 'Gremlins' reboot will take a page from JJ Abrams' 'Star Wars'
Jayne Meadows, actress and former wife of Steve Allen, died Sunday at her Encino, California, home, the New York Times reports.
Missed an episode? Check out all prior reviews of Marvel's Daredevil here. EPISODE 12: "The Ones We Leave Behind" SYNOPSIS: Fisk seeks revenge while Karen is haunted by recent events. Daredevil makes a startling discovery about Fisk's financing. BREAKDOWN: (The following column contains MAJOR SPOILERS, so I don't recommend reading this if... Read More...
Last year, Maleficent gave us the untold story of one of Disney’s most iconic villains. This year, Descendants offers the untold story of Maleficent’s bratty teenage daughter Mal — as well as the kids of Jafar, the Evil Queen, and Cruella de Vil. In the Disney Channel original movie, Mal (Dove Cameron), Jafar’s son Jay (Booboo Stewart), Cruella de Vil’s son Carlos (Cameron Boyce), and the Evil Queen’s daughter Evie (Sofia Carson) are sent to prep school to mingle with the children of other, less villainous Disney characters.
'It's not gonna happen and that breaks my greasy heart'If you were eagerly anticipating Silent Hills, the new chapter of the Konami game series Silent Hill that would have combined the talents of writer/producer/director Guillermo del Toro, Metal Gear man Hideo Kojima and The Walking Dead’s Norman Reedus, we have some bad news: it’s no longer happening.Announced last year through a playable teaser on the PS4, the game has been in development, but there has since been some tension between Kojima’s company and Konami.
Veteran producer Joel Silver has partnered with Canadian entrepreneur Daryl Katz to create Silver Pictures Entertainment, a new company that will develop, produce and provide or arrange financing for its own slate of feature films, television and digital projects, both independent of and within the traditional studio system. Long-time media finance and packaging executive Hal Sadoff will serve as CEO of the new company. Sadoff has played an integral role in more than 450 film productions and financings totaling over $3.5 billion.
The Tony Awards Administration Committee announced Monday that John Cameron Mitchell will receive a special Tony Award at the upcoming 69th annual presentation of stage honors.http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/in-contention
"The Trap" - Barry (Grant Gustin), Caitlin (Danielle Panabaker), Cisco (Carlos Valdes) and Joe (Jesse L. Martin) set a trap for Wells (Tom Cavanagh). Cisco uses himself as prey which puts him in grave danger. Meanwhile, Eddie (Rick Cosnett) makes a decision regarding Iris (Candice Patton), which leaves Joe a bit unsettled. Steve Shill directed the episode written by Alison Schapker & Brooke Eikmeier.
- Coming Soon: Endgame Promo for the Final Episodes of The Flash Released
- We Got This Covered: Gorilla Grodd Revealed In New Photos And Promo For The Flash
And we are done here. Over the last few days, we’ve been covering the story about the supposed cancellation of Konami’s Silent Hills. First, Guillermo Del Toro said it wasn’t happening. Then Norman Reedus said much the same. And even if you were the most hopeful of fans, it’s now time to call the time of death. Publisher Konami have stopped playing coy and have come out to say the game has been officially cancelled.
Imagine if you will a story that might be set somewhere between Harry Potter and The Prestige — a wild tale of rival magicians set in an alternate version of early 1800s England, featuring the influence of faerie and real-world history alike. That’s one way to describe Susanna Clark’s epic novel Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell, and if that makes the novel seem like a daunting piece of work to adapt for television, it is. BBC One will soon air a Jonathan Strange & Mr.
James Mangold may now direct it nextAlthough it looked like director James Mangold would focus his attention on book adaptation The Deep Blue Good-By before heading back into comic-book territory for another Wolverine film, events have conspired to take that previous project out of contention for now. So it appears he’ll be fully turning his attention to Hugh Jackman’s Logan, and will definitely need a script for the film.
- We Got This Covered: Next Wolverine Movie Taps Blade Runner 2 Scribe Michael Green
If you were to ask anyone around The Playlist watercooler what their most anticipated film at the Cannes Film Festival is, you'd likely hear Denis Villeneuve's "Sicario" crop up more than once. "Prisoners" and "Enemy" were very well admired around these parts (and of course, elsewhere too) and the director himself is feeling very confident about his latest work. “It’s my best film yet,” he said at a press conference earlier this month, following the announcement his film had made it into Cannes (via The Montreal Gazette).
Greetings Once-ers! It’s time for this week’s re-cap of Once Upon a Time (OUAT) Season 4, Episode 20: “Lily” on ABC with the episode’s Top 5 Moments. [***Warning: this is not a spoiler free re-cap, so if you haven’t seen the episode yet, hold off on reading until then.] 1. “A Place Called Minnesota”: Maleficent shows up to the diner to talk to Emma. She asks her to help her find her daughter Lillith, who lives in “a place called Minnesota.” Emma is suddenly overwhelmed by hearing her name, because it turns out she was friends with her while she was in foster care.
The family of late singer Amy Winehouse is no longer supporting documentary “Amy,” which is set to debut at the Cannes Film Festival next month.
Creative Artists Agency (CAA) announced Monday that it has promoted 20 trainees to agent or executive.
Warner Bros. On September 21 of this year, Martin Scorsese’s Goodfellas will turn twenty-five years old.
- Fandango Movie Blog: 'Goodfellas' Turns 25: Here Are the Five Best Moments from the Anniversary Screening
Welcome to Screen Rant’s “Geek Picks,” where we collect the finest movie-related geekery from around the Web. Today you’ll find 7 things you didn’t know about The Flash; Cecily Strong’s White House Correspondents’ Dinner; and 5 movies they made because they had to.
- We Got This Covered: Mortal Kombat X Wins Second Fight In The UK Games Chart
At a later point in Helen Hunt‘s “Ride,” when her hard-charging New Yorker is getting surf lessons from Californian Luke Wilson, Wilson pauses to explain the mechanics of waves for the benefit of the novice surfer: The crests and breaks you see on the top are one thing, but what truly shapes the wave is the changes in the ocean floor and seabed, far below the shimmering surface and hidden in the darkness. It’s good surfing advice; it’s also not a bad metaphor for Hunt’s film, where she’s writer, director and lead actor, telling a story whose early broa
- Hollywood Reporter: 'Ride': Film Review
âI think I can tell you that without being thrown into Marvel prisonâ¦â
Steven Spielberg returns to executive produce the long-awaited next installment of his groundbreaking Jurassic Park series, Jurassic World. Colin Trevorrow directs the epic action-adventure based on the novel "Jurassic Park" by Michael Crichton.
- Comic Book Movie: The Indominus Rex Tears Through Empire's JURASSIC WORLD Covers
- Empire Magazine: Empire's Jurassic World Covers Unveiled
While we're going to have to wait until December for Ron Howard's epic whale tale, IN THE HEART OF THE SEA, production has already begun on the third film in the Robert Langdon mystery series, INFERNO. The story finds Langdon (Tom Hanks) waking up in a hospital room in Florence, Italy, with no memory of what has occurred for the last few days. With the help of Sienna Brooks (Felicity Jones), a... Read More...
THE LEAGUE OF ASSASSINS SETS THEIR SIGHTS ON NYSSA - Oliver (Stephen Amell) goes through a rigorous transformation. The League of Assassins sets their sights on Nyssa (guest star Katrina Law), who is back in Starling City training Laurel (Katie Cassidy). When Nyssa realizes they are coming, she arms up to face them alone but Laurel asks Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) and Diggle (David Ramsey) to help protect her new friend. Thor Freudenthal directed the episode with story by Beth Schwartz and teleplay by Brian Ford Sullivan & Emilio Ortega Aldrich.
Sometimes films that make the rounds on the film festival circuit just don't make it to theaters for one reason or another. There may not be appeal to a distributor to bring it to theaters, or maybe it just doesn't drum up enough buzz. In the case of Cub, we're not sure what the issue is, but the Belgian horror film from Jonas Govaerts played TIFF last year, and has already hit theaters in plenty of overseas markets. The film follows a group of young campers who end up terrorized in the woods.
- Dread Central: Boy Scouts Get Massacred in New Cub Trailer
“Mr. Selfridge” actress Jessica Madsen will join Sam Strike and James Bloor in “Leatherface,” the “Texas Chainsaw Massacre” prequel gearing up for production at Millennium Films, TheWrap has learned. Julien Maury and Alexandre Bustillo, the French filmmakers behind cult hit “Inside,” are directing the horror movie, which was written by Seth M.
- Dread Central: New Leatherface Candidate Revealed
Suit up! The team is back together in this sneak of tomorrow's "The Dirty Half Dozen" on Marvel's #AgentsofSHIELD. https://t.co/Ri3jfjtMXi — Agents of SHIELD (@AgentsofSHIELD) April 27, 2015 "The Dirty Half Dozen" - Gonzales and Coulson must find a way to put their differences aside and work together against Hydra, even if it means teaming up with someone they don't trust, on Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Tuesday, April 28th on ABC.
The debate surrounding female representation in AAA titles has been a hot topic as long as I’ve been writing. And I’ve been writing for a while. This is an interesting new development in that discussion. Treyarch have announced that the game’s single player campaign will have customizable characters, including female options. This means that the game will be designed twice, both with a man and woman animation and performance. When talking to Engadget (via VG247), studio head Mark Lamia explained: It’s not just a female head on a male body.
TNT'S previously announced 'Titans' may be getting a new name according to a report from SeasonZero.com. The show, which will feature a team of young adult heroes led by Nightwing (Dick Grayson), will now be titled 'Blackbirds.' Apart from Nightwing, the other previously reported characters are Barbara Gordon (who will not operate under the 'Oracle' codename), Raven/ Rachel Roth, Starfire/Koriand'r, and Hank Hall and Dawn Granger as Hawk and Dove respectively. 'Blackbirds' may refer to the many bird themed/ named characters in t
- We Got This Covered: Teen Titans TV Series Now Titled Blackbirds, Begins Filming This Spring
A bunch of astronauts had movie night over the weekend with Oscar-winning sci-fi blockbuster "Gravity." And now I'm bummed I'm just a civilian WHO CAN'T DO THAT, TOO.http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/in-contention
- USA Today: Scary! Astronauts screen 'Gravity' in space
GRODD RETURNS! - Barry (Grant Gustin) must deal with the Reverse Flash's (Tom Cavanagh) latest threat to a member of the group. To make matter worse, Dr. Wells unleashes Grodd on the city in order to distract Barry and the team. Joe (Jesse L. Martin), Barry and Cisco (Carlos Valdes) head down into the sewers to catch Grodd but the gorilla quickly gets the upper hand after he kidnaps Joe. Iris (Candice Patton) and Barry have a heart to heart talk. Dermott Downs directed the episode written by Grainne Godfree & Kai Yu Wu (#121).