Top Movie News for May 4, 2016
These were the droids EW staffers were looking for
- We Got This Covered: May The 4th Be With This LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens New Adventures Trailer
- Moviefone: Star Wars Day: Should Fans Thank Margaret Thatcher for May 4 Holiday?
- Coming Soon: Titanfall Developer Working on New Star Wars Video Game
- Cinema Blend: Will Rogue One Feature Classic Star Wars Characters? Here's What We Know
- Cinema Blend: So That's Why Boba Fett Died So Early In Star Wars: The Return of the Jedi
- We Got This Covered: Titanfall Dev Respawn Announces New Third Person Star Wars Game
- Dark Horizons: "Titanfall" Developer Plans "Star Wars" Game
- IGN Movies: 11 Star Wars Videos You Should Watch on May the 4th
- USA Today: 4 Awesome Star Wars Apps
- USA Today: Watch: How 'Hamilton' does Star Wars Day
- Badass Digest: The Force Was With Us: Mark Hamill Confirms Old STAR WARS Scoop
- Dark Horizons: "Star Wars" Day Brings Several Announcements
- IGN Movies: Daily Deals: Everything Star Wars, Xbox One With $100 Credit, $10 Off PS Plus
- USA Today: Trailer: New adventures in 'LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens'
- USA Today: 'Star Wars Celebration' touches down in Orlando in 2017
- Cinema Blend: How Star Wars: The Force Awakens Was Going to Open, According To Mark Hamill
- Cinema Blend: The Han Solo Movie Shares A Familiar Image On Star Wars Day
- Cinema Blend: Star Wars: Episode VIII Rumor Makes Luke Sound Like A Badass
- IndieWire: 'Star Wars' Day Celebrations: How 'The Walking Dead,' 'Orphan Black' and More Spread the Force
- IGN Movies: Star Wars Celebration 2017 Location Revealed
- We Got This Covered: You Can Get 4,444 Credits In Star Wars Battlefront Just By Logging In Today
- Moviefone: Watch Lin-Manuel Miranda and J.J. Abrams Sing 'Star Wars' Cantina Song
- IGN Movies: Star Wars' Daisy Ridley Joins New Hamlet Film
- MovieWeb: Watch a Star Wars Day Greeting from Daisy Ridley & Some Alien Friends
- Entertainment Weekly: Daisy Ridley celebrates 'Star Wars' Day
- Comic Book Movie: VIDEO GAMES: Awesome New Trailer For LEGO STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS Released
- MovieWeb: Star Wars 8 Has 3 Rumored Titles, Which One Is Better?
- The Wrap: May the Fourth Be With You: 9 Hilarious Memes in Honor of ‘Star Wars’ Day (Photos)
- Entertainment Weekly: Han Solo spinoff director Chris shares blaster for 'Star Wars' Day
- MovieWeb: Star Wars Celebration 2017 Finds It's Official Home in Orlando
- HitFix: Happy Star Wars Day. Love, Lin-Manuel Miranda and J.J. Abrams
- HitFix: Hannibal Doesn’t Fear Lucasfilm, Won't Stop Spilling Star Wars Spoilers
- MovieWeb: New Lego The Force Awakens Trailer Celebrates Star Wars Day
- The Wrap: The Best Books From the Defunct ‘Star Wars’ Expanded Universe (Photos)
- The Wrap: Top 13 Best ‘Star Wars’ Video Games Ever (Photos)
- The Wrap: Han Solo ‘Star Wars’ Movie Director Teases Standalone Film (Photo)
- The Wrap: 11 Of The Best ‘Star Wars’ Fan Films Ever Made (Videos)
- Fandango Movie Blog: EXCLUSIVE ARTWORK: 'Star Wars' Cinco de Mayo
- SlashFilm: ‘LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Trailer: Hear Harrison Ford Actually Say “Wookiee Cookies”
- SlashFilm: Star Wars Bits: Han Solo’s Blaster, a Special Message From Daisy Ridley, and Tons of Star Wars Day Art
- ScreenRant: What Star Wars: The Force Awakens VHS Would Look Like
- MovieWeb: Han Solo Blaster from Next Star Wars Story Revealed
- The Wrap: Top 15 Best Stories Ever Told in the ‘Star Wars’ Universe (Photos)
- ScreenRant: Daisy Ridley Wishes Fans Happy Star Wars Day In Force for Change Video
- Bleeding Cool: Lin-Manuel Miranda And J.J. Abrams Perform Star Wars: The Force Awakens Cantina Song For May The Fourth
- Comic Book Movie: Christopher Miller Teases HAN SOLO STAR WARS Anthology Film
- Entertainment Weekly: Jacob Tremblay bids for 'Star Wars: Episode IX' role on Twitter
- MTV Movies Blog: Daisy Ridley And John Boyega Definitely Won Star Wars Day
As shared universe movies come of age, filmmakers and studios increasingly face the decision of how and when to cater to new audiences — those who may never have seen any of the previous movies in long-running franchises.
- We Got This Covered: Captain America: Civil War Writers Tackle Marvel’s Villain Problem; New Spot Features Hawkeye
- Latino Review: Who 'CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR' Writers Want to See on Screen in a Marvel Flick
- We Got This Covered: Captain America: Civil War And Marvel’s Strength In Numbers
- ScreenRant: Captain America: Civil War Writers Want Namor in the MCU
- Coming Soon: Captain America: Civil War Review
- We Got This Covered: Captain America: Civil War Review
- Comic Book Movie: New CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR Featurette Explores Cap's Loyalty To Bucky; Plus A Ton Of New TV Spots
- JoBlo: Awesome Art We've Found Around The Net: Captain America: Civil War Special
- ScreenRant: Captain America: Civil War Featurette Looks at the Film’s Official Story
- JoBlo: Civil War writers want to bring Namor & Marvel Zombies to the big screen
- JoBlo: Review: Captain America: Civil War
- Film School Rejects: Captain America: Civil War Review
- SlashFilm: ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Featurette Breaks Down the Avenger-on-Avenger Conflict
- Comic Book Movie: 'Hawkeye' Returns Just In The Nick Of Time For #TeamCap In New CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR Clip
- Comic Book Movie: SPOILERS: 10 Frustrating Questions You'll Be Left Asking After Watching CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR
- Comic Book Movie: CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR Screenwriters On Marvel's Villain Problem
- ScreenRant: Marvel’s Civil War II: Original Hulk Bruce Banner to Return
- JoBlo: Exclusive: Civil War screenwriters talk Thanos & the Marvel villain problem
- Cinema Blend: The Reason Marvel Villains Are Disappointing, According To Civil War's Writer
- Film School Rejects: How Chris Evans’ Captain America Vanquished Cynicism
- JoBlo: JoBlo Movie Trivia Quiz: Captain America
- JoBlo: Awfully Good: 1979's Captain America and Captain America II (Video)
- SlashFilm: ‘Men Go to Battle’ Trailer: An Off-Kilter Look at the American Civil War
- Latino Review: MARVELOUS DA7E: Captain Marvel Exists, Avengers 3 & 4 Transform
At one time, it was believed that Dracula Untold would mark the beginning of a Universal movie monster universe, inspired by all the classic monsters like Dracula, Frankenstein, The Invisible Man, The Wolfman and more. However, since that movie tanked at the box office, I’m willing to bet it won’t be mentioned in Universal’s new efforts to make the monster cinematic universe happen. Instead, Universal is looking to kick off this new shared universe with The Mummy, debuting in the summer of 2017.
- Coming Soon: Russell Crowe in Early Talks for Universal’s The Mummy Reboot
- We Got This Covered: Russell Crowe Opens Talks To Join Universal’s Reboot Of The Mummy
- AintItCool: Russell Crowe in talks to take a monster role in the Tom Cruise MUMMY flick!
- Variety: Russell Crowe in Talks to Join Tom Cruise in ‘The Mummy’ Reboot
- Deadline: Russell Crowe Joining Tom Cruise In ‘The Mummy’
- Badass Digest: Russell Crowe May Be Playing Dr. Jekyll And Mr. Hyde In Tom Cruise’s THE MUMMY
- Dread Central: Russell Crowe Joins The Mummy
- IGN Movies: Russell Crowe in Talks for The Mummy Reboot
- Vulture: Russell Crowe Is in Talks to Play a ‘Dr. Jekyll-Type Role’ in Tom Cruise’s Mummy Remake
- Latino Review: Universal Dates Untitled Monster Movie from 'THE MUMMY' Director Alex Kurtzman
- The Wrap: Russell Crowe in Talks to Star in ‘The Mummy’ Opposite Tom Cruise
- Screen Crush: Russell Crowe in Talks to Play Dr. Jekyll in Tom Cruise's 'Mummy' Reboot
- Entertainment Weekly: Russell Crowe in talks for Dr. Jekyll-type turn in 'The Mummy'
- Latino Review: Russell Crowe Might Join Tom Cruise In 'THE MUMMY' and Play A Dr. Jekyll Type of Character
- JoBlo: Russell Crowe in talks to bring Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde into The Mummy reboot
- We Got This Covered: Third Universal Monster Movie Dated For 2019
- Bleeding Cool: Russell Crowe In Talks To Become Jekyll And Hyde
- Variety: Jodie Foster on Her Walk of Fame Honor, Casting ‘Money Monster’
- USA Today: 'Outlander' star Caitriona Balfe takes on 'Monster' role
- IndieWire: 'Star Wars' VFX Master Phil Tippett Launches Kickstarter For New VR Game 'HoloGrid: Monster Battle'
- MTV Movies Blog: Here’s What Alex O’Connell From The Mummy Returns Looks Like Now
The next Avengers sequel was announced last year as part of Marvel’s Phase 3, with Avengers: Infinity War – Part 1 set to arrive in 2018 followed by Avengers: Infinity War – Part 2 in 2019. And with Inhumans off the table, it looks like the second half of Infinity War will now close out the third phase of the MCU. But it’s probably getting a new title pretty soon. Continue reading…
- Dark Horizons: "Avengers: Infinity War" To Change Titles
- IGN Movies: Avengers: Infinity War 1 and 2 Will Get New Titles
- Latino Review: 'AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR' Movies Will Be Retitled
- Entertainment Weekly: 'Avengers: Infinity War' titles could change: Russo brothers
- JoBlo: Marvel's two-part Avengers: Infinity War will be getting new titles
- MovieWeb: Avengers: Infinity War Part 1 & 2 Will Get New Titles
- ScreenRant: Avengers: Infinity War Movies Will Be Retitled
- Coming Soon: Both Avengers: Infinity War Films Will be Retitled
- Badass Digest: AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR 1 & 2 Won’t Be Called INFINITY WAR 1 & 2
- AintItCool: The Russos say Avengers: Infinity War Parts 1 and 2 will get a title change and here's why...
- We Got This Covered: Avengers: Infinity War Subtitles Likely To Change, According To Russo Brothers
- Bleeding Cool: Avengers: Infinity War Films To Be Retitled
- Fandango Movie Blog: Why the Two-Part 'Avengers: Infinity War' Won't Be Like 'Harry Potter' or 'The Hunger Games'
- SlashFilm: ‘Avengers: Infinity War – Part 1’ and ‘Part 2’ Won’t Be Called ‘Avengers: Infinity War – Part 1’ and ‘Part 2’
- Comic Book Movie: The Russo Brothers Confirm That AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR - PART 1 & 2 Will Eventually Be Retitled
- Cinema Blend: Marvel Is Definitely Making One Key Change To Infinity War Part 1 And 2
- HitFix: The Russos confirm a title change for 'Avengers: Infinity Wars' double-feature
Blake Lively battles a shark in the new trailer for "The Shallows," which looks like her version of "The Revenant."
- Moviefone: Blake Lively Outsmarts a Shark in Bloody Intense 'The Shallows' Trailer
- AintItCool: The Shallows (aka Blake Lively Vs A Shark) gets a new trailer!
- SlashFilm: ‘The Shallows’ Trailer #2: Blake Lively Tries to Outwit a Shark
- Entertainment Weekly: Blake Lively fights a shark in new 'The Shallows' trailer
- Screen Crush: It's Blake Lively vs. A Shark in New Trailer for 'The Shallows'
- FirstShowing.net: Watch: Revealing Full Trailer for 'The Shallows' Starring Blake Lively
- JoBlo: Blake Lively lives out everyone's shark nightmare in The Shallows trailer
- MovieWeb: The Shallows Trailer #2 Sends a Killer Shark After Blake Lively
- We Got This Covered: New Trailer For Maritime Thriller The Shallows Bubbles To The Surface
- Dark Horizons: Full Trailer: "The Shallows"
- Horror-Movies.ca: New Official Trailer for ‘The Shallows’
- Dread Central: A Second Trailer Swims In for The Shallows
- Latino Review: New Trailer for 'THE SHALLOWS' is HERE!
20th Century Fox are taking a big gamble with X-Men: Apocalypse. The last movie exceeded expectations at the box office, but if Bryan Singer's attempt to balance epic action with the introduction of a major new villain, several younger versions of familiar characters, and those who are returning from the First Class era fails, this movie could very well end up being more like The Last Stand than Days of Future Past!
- Cinema Blend: New X-Men: Apocalypse Videos Highlight The Horesmen's Awesome Powers
- We Got This Covered: Latest X-Men: Apocalypse Featurette Spotlights Ben Hardy’s Winged Angel Of Death
- Coming Soon: X-Men: Apocalypse IMAX Poster Embiggens the Mutant Roster
- Latino Review: 'X-MEN: APOCALYPSE' New Retro Posters and Storm-Focused Clip!
- Bleeding Cool: X-Men: Apocalypse Movie Site Recreates 80s Video Games
- Comic Book Movie: Olivia Munn On Why She Turned Down A Role In DEADPOOL To Play 'Psylocke' In X-MEN: APOCALYPSE
- ScreenRant: X-Men: Apocalypse Photos & Videos You May Have Missed
- Comic Book Movie: He's Coming For The Strongest Of Them All In This New TV Spot For X-MEN: APOCALYPSE
- MovieWeb: X-Men: Apocalypse Preview Introduces Ben Hardy as Angel
- Fandango Movie Blog: The '80s Live! Play Free Games at the 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Retro X: Arcade
- The Wrap: Why Olivia Munn Chose ‘X-Men: Apocalypse’ and Not ‘Deadpool’
- Latino Review: New TV Spot For X-MEN: APOCALYPSE asks "Who Is He?"
- Latino Review: New 'X-MEN: APOCALYPSE' IMAX Poster Revealed
Despite being more well known in the public eye for his various roles as action-hero heavy-men from the 1980s, actor and former bodybuilder Arnold Schwarzenegger is no stranger to humor.
- JoBlo: Arnold Schwarzenegger set to star in action/comedy Why We're Killing Gunther
- We Got This Covered: Action Comedy Why We’re Killing Gunther Recruits Arnold Schwarzenegger
- IndieWire: Arnold Schwarzenegger To Star In Taran Killam’s Hitman Comedy 'Why We’re Killing Gunther'
- SlashFilm: Arnold Schwarzenegger Joins Action-Comedy ‘Why We’re Killing Gunther’, From ‘SNL’ Star Taran Killam
- Latino Review: Arnold Schwarzenegger to Star in 'WHY WE'RE KILLING GUNTHER'
- Fandango Movie Blog: News Briefs: Arnold Schwarzenegger to Star in 'Why We're Killing Gunther'
- Dark Horizons: Schwarzenegger Will Be "Killing Gunther"
- Entertainment Weekly: Arnold Schwarzenegger to star in Taran Killam-directed action comedy
Before she reprises her role in Colin Trevorrow‘s “Star Wars: Episode IX,” Daisy Ridley will shoot an indie movie titled “Ophelia” that reimagines William Shakespeare‘s classic play “Hamlet,” it was announced Wednesday. Set in the 14th century but spoken in a contemporary voice, the film explores the untold story of Ophelia (Ridley) and her tragic romance with Hamlet, as well as her relationship with his mother, Queen Gertrude, who will be played by two-time Oscar nominee Naomi Watts.
- HitFix: Daisy Ridley will play Hamlet’s girlfriend in Shakespeare re-imagining ‘Ophelia’
- Deadline: Daisy Ridley & Naomi Watts In Final Talks To Star In ‘Ophelia’; Covert Media Aboard New Take On ‘Hamlet’ – Cannes
- Variety: Daisy Ridley, Naomi Watts to Star in ‘Hamlet’ Re-Imagining ‘Ophelia’
- Coming Soon: Daisy Ridley and Naomi Watts to Co-Star in Hamlet Reimagining Ophelia
- Vulture: Daisy Ridley and Naomi Watts to Star in Ophelia and Finally Answer the Question: What Does She See in Hamlet Anyway?
- Bleeding Cool: Daisy Ridley Offers May The Fourth Tidings In Latest Force For Change Video
- Latino Review: Daisy Ridley Wishes You a Happy May the Fourth!
- Entertainment Weekly: Naomi Watts, Daisy Ridley to star in 'Hamlet' adaptation 'Ophelia'
Last night's episode of The Flash ended with a real shock as Barry Allen was disintergrated from Harry's attempt to recreate the accident which gave the Scarlet Speedster his powers. Rather than leaving us all thinking he's dead for the next week, The CW has revealed that Barry is instead trapped in some sort of alternate dimension, one which many believe could be the Speed Force.
- We Got This Covered: Extended Promo For The Flash Episode Directed By Kevin Smith
- Coming Soon: Kevin Smith Directs The Flash in The Runaway Dinosaur Photos
- JoBlo: TV Review: The Flash - Season 2 Episode 20 "Rupture"
- Comic Book Movie: New Extended Promo For THE FLASH Season 2 Episode 21: "The Runaway Dinosaur"
- Bleeding Cool: Barry Attempts To Get Home In A Preview Of Next Week’s Flash
- Badass Digest: THE FLASH Review 2.20 “Rupture”
- Vulture: The Flash Recap: Vanishing Act
- Moviefone: 'The Flash' Star Tom Cavanagh Talks Taking on Multiple Versions of Harrison Wells
- Bleeding Cool: My Three Dads – Hitting The Highlights Of The Flash: Rupture
A new photo of The Joker has been unveiled, along with the release date and special features for Batman: The Killing Joke.
- Comic Book Movie: New BATMAN THE KILLING JOKE Details, Plus New Joker Image
- ScreenRant: Batman: The Killing Joke Blu-ray Details & Release Date Revealed
- We Got This Covered: Batman: The Killing Joke Cover Art, Release Date And Special Features Revealed
- Comic Book Movie: BATMAN: THE KILLING JOKE Release Date Revealed
- Entertainment Weekly: 'Batman: The Killing Joke' gets an official Blu-ray release date
- The Wrap: ‘Batman: The Killing Joke’ Gets Release Date
- Latino Review: Are You Ready For A 'THE KILLING JOKE' And 'SUICIDE SQUAD' Joker Double Feature?
- We Got This Covered: Report: Slender Man Movie Takes Up Residence At Screen Gems
- Dark Horizons: A "Slender Man" Film Is In The Works
- Dread Central: Screen Gems Intent on Making Slender Man a Horror Movie Icon
- SlashFilm: Rumor: Slender Man Movie in the Works at Screen Gems?
- ScreenRant: Slender Man Movie Being Developed By Screen Gems
- Latino Review: Is 'SLENDER MAN' Coming To Haunt A Movie Theater Near You?
A quick preview of the next Game of Thrones episode, complete with photos and some Maester-like speculation work.Continue reading on Film School Rejects »
- IndieWire: 'Game of Thrones': First Photos From Sunday's Episode 'Oathbreaker'
- Coming Soon: Photos from Game of Thrones Episode 6.03, Oathbreaker
- We Got This Covered: Game Of Thrones Episode 6.03 Photos Showcase A Wayward Mother Of Dragons
- Moviefone: 'Game of Thrones': Does Ramsay Get This Long-Absent Character as a 'Gift'?
- Vulture: This Is the Absurdly Long Time It Takes to Create a Single Dragon on Game of Thrones
Josh Boone is set to direct 'The New Mutants' for Fox, and today, he's been using his Instagram account to drop some hints for fans about which characters they'll see in the X-Men spin-off.http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/motion-captured
- JoBlo: Could this be the team lineup for Josh Boone's New Mutants movie?
- We Got This Covered: Possible New Mutants Lineup Teased By Director Josh Boone
- Bleeding Cool: Has Josh Boone Revealed The New Mutants Lineup?
- Comic Book Movie: Has Josh Boone Revealed The Team He'll Be Putting Together For His NEW MUTANTS Movie?
- Deadline: Natalie Morales Heading West To Host ‘Access Hollywood’ & Anchor West Coast ‘Today’
Kevin Kwan wrote the 2013 novel
- Variety: Jon M. Chu in Talks to Direct ‘Crazy Rich Asians’ Adaptation
- Dark Horizons: Jon M. Chu To Helm "Crazy Rich Asians"
- Vulture: Time to Burn Some Money! Jon M. Chu Is in Talks to Direct Crazy Rich Asians
- The Wrap: ‘Now You See Me 2’ Director Jon M Chu in Talks to Helm ‘Crazy Rich Asians’
- SlashFilm: ‘Now You See Me 2’ Director Jon M. Chu Takes on ‘Crazy Rich Asians’
If the unwritten rule for sequels is “Do it again, only different,” then “Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising” fulfills its obligation, figuring out a way to retell its own story with just a bit of a twist.
- Variety: Seth Rogen: Some Jokes in ‘Superbad’ Were ‘Blatantly Homophobic’
- IndieWire: Seth Rogen Regrets That Some 'Superbad' Jokes Were 'Blatantly Homophobic'
- Vulture: Seth Rogen Discusses ‘Glamorizing’ Homophobic Language in Superbad, Seems to Be Super Sorry
- Entertainment Weekly: Seth Rogen on 'Superbad': Some jokes were 'blatantly homophobic'
- The Wrap: Seth Rogen Regrets ‘Blatantly Homophobic’ Jokes in ‘Superbad’
Killer Croc is a Batman villain that fans have been waiting a long time to see on the silver screen. Now, after numerous appearances in comics, television shows, and video games, Waylon Jones will be making his first live-action appearance in Suicide Squad this August. Actor Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, who plays Croc, gave some insight into where we find the character upon his introduction. "At the time you meet him in this film, he’s a fully-fledged criminal. He’s really one of the baddest criminals known to be roaming in Gotham, hence his lockup in Arkham.
- Comic Book Movie: Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Talks Preparing For 'Killer Croc' In SUICIDE SQUAD
- Latino Review: 'SUICIDE SQUAD': Actor Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Talks Killer Croc
- ScreenRant: Suicide Squad: Killer Croc Actor on Batman: The Animated Series Homework
- Dark Horizons: Killer Croc Actor Talks "Squad" Role
- Coming Soon: El Diablo: Jay Hernandez on Expanding the Big Screen DCU in Suicide Squad
Back in March we learned that Guillermo del Toro is planning on directing a supernatural Cold War drama that has "an otherworldly love story at the center of it," and now thanks to The Tracking Board, we might know a little bit more about the film, including its title. The site is claiming that the movie is titled THE SHAPE OF WATER, and that the 1963-set fairytale centers around Elisa,... Read More...
- ScreenRant: Guillermo del Toro’s Cold War Fantasy Film Title & Details Revealed
- Dread Central: Guillermo del Toro’s Extraordinary Art Collection to be Showcased in Museums
- We Got This Covered: Richard Jenkins In Talks To Join Next Guillermo Del Toro Film
- Dread Central: Guillermo del Toro and Richard Jenkins Discover The Shape of Water
Olivia Munn will cut a swath through this monthâsÂ X-Men: ApocalypseÂ asÂ the psychic swordfighter Psylocke, but, at one point, sheÂ had the chance to be in another of this yearâs superhero movies. Munn toldÂ American WayÂ that she was initially offered Morena Baccarinâs roleÂ in ...
- Variety: ‘Deadpool,’ ‘People v. O.J. Simpson’ Help Fox Beat Quarterly Revenue, Earnings Expectations
- Deadline: Fox Tops March Quarter Expectations Helped By News And ‘Deadpool’
- SlashFilm: More Modern VHS Cover Art for ‘The Force Awakens’, ‘Deadpool’ and More
- The Wrap: ‘Deadpool,’ ‘People v OJ Simpson’ Help Fox Top Q3 Revenue Mark
Following the release last summer of the third made-for-television film in the eponymously titled disaster franchise developed by the SyFy channel, Sharknado: The 4th Awakens is already gearing up to be another major basic cable event.
- IndieWire: 'Sharknado: The 4th Awakens': SyFy Reveals 'Star Wars'-Inspired Poster Plus Partial List Of Cameos
- Dread Central: Syfy Reveals Official Sharknado: The 4th Awakens Poster and Cameos
- Entertainment Weekly: 'Sharknado: The 4th Awakens' announces celebrity cameos
- Horror-Movies.ca: Official Poster for ‘Sharknado: The 4th Awakens’
As popular as comic book movies are right now, there are plenty of challenges when it comes to adapting them – not least because many comic book characters were created half a century ago or more, and certain elements of their original stories are no longer considered politically correct.
- IndieWire: 'Doctor Strange' Director Scott Derrickson Responds To Whitewashing Outcry
- Bleeding Cool: Dr. Strange Director Scott Derrickson Responds To Whitewashing Accusation
- The Wrap: ‘Doctor Strange’ Director Scott Derrickson Responds to Casting Outrage: ‘I Am Listening’
- Latino Review: Scott Derrickson Won't Make The Same Mistake He Made with The Ancient One in DOCTOR STRANGE
The director and stars from the original film talk to EW about its impact and missing Will Smith
- Variety: Roland Emmerich Planning Battle of the Midway Movie
- We Got This Covered: Roland Emmerich Hatches Plans For Battle Of Midway Movie
- Fandango Movie Blog: 'Independence Day' News Video Recaps What's Happened Since the Aliens Invaded in 1996
- Entertainment Weekly: Roland Emmerich announces plans for Battle of Midway movie
- HitFix: Vivica Fox reveals the pervy truth behind her 'Independence Day' co-star Boomer
Sean Penn and Lee Daniels have reached a settlement in Penn’s defamation lawsuit against Daniels. In exchange for Penn dropping the lawsuit, Daniels has apologized to the actor. Daniels has also made a charitable donation to Penn’s J/P Haitian Relief Organization. “I am so sorry that I have hurt you, Sean, and I apologize and retract my reckless statements about you. How thoughtless of me. You are someone I consider a friend, a brilliant actor and true Hollywood legend and humanitarian,” Daniels’ apology reads.
You know those celebrity death hoaxes that periodically pop up on Twitter? Woody Allen experienced kind of the opposite of that on Wednesday: Twitter users acknowledged Allen’s continued existence, but wished they didn’t have to. On Wednesday, as Allen began to trend on social media, the Twitterati’s interest was collectively piqued.
Original producer Douglas Wick confirms that The Craft remake is actually a sequel set in modern day.
In a preview of next week’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Coulson and Talbot get ready to face Hive. But with Daisy and other Inhumans on his side, it will take extraordinary measure to deal with the threat he represents. Click here to view the embedded video. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. airs Tuesdays on ABC. Coulson and Talbot Get Ready To Face Hive In A Preview Of Next Week’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
While his blockbuster sequel, INDEPENDENCE DAY: RESURGENCE, centers on the 20th anniversary of the fictitious "War of 1996," Roland Emmerich would like to turn his sights next towards a real life war story. On June 4, it'll be exactly 74 years since "The Battle of Midway" began- where the United States Navy obliterated an attacking Japanese fleet.
- Dark Horizons: Emmerich Plans Battle of Midway Film
- IGN Movies: ID4 Director Emmerich Plans Battle of Midway Movie
There are two pieces of big news here. First: Hulu has acquired The Beatles: Eight Days a Week, a new documentary about the greatest musical group in human history (sorry, everyone else) directed by Academy Award winner Ron Howard. Second: this purchase has signaled the launch of Hulu Documentary Films, a new arm for the streaming service that will, as its name implies, will focus on building a library of non-fiction movies. Let’s start with that first bit.
Earlier this year, it was announced that MGM had hired BIG BAD WOLVES directors Aharon Keshales and Navot Papushado to helm their DEATH WISH remake starring Bruce Willis. Given that Willis has already signed off on the script, MGM had a projected release date in mind that didn't given the directors much breathing room. As it happened, they decided to leave the project over creative differences. The... Read More...
- We Got This Covered: Bruce Willis’ Death Wish Remake Loses Directors Aharon Keshales And Navot Papushado
- Latino Review: Bruce Willis 'DEATH WISH' Remake Loses Directors
Fox Searchlight’s new film, A Bigger Splash — opening in limited release today and wide May 13th — concerns itself with rockstars, failed relationships and gorgeous island vistas, but its greatest asset is Ralph Fiennes. The actor, known for repressed and aloof roles, comes alive and unhinged as record producer Harry Hawkes. He drinks, seems to know everyone he encounters and embraces life with a terrifying and sometimes tiring intensity.
Mike Birbigliaâs film about an improv comedy troupe is laughing its way into theaters this summer. Donât Think Twice, which was had a breakout debut at this yearâs South by Southwest Film Festival, will premiere in New York on July 22 followed by a nationwide release, the filmâs...
When it came time to writing a cantina song for STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS, John Williams bowed out (been there, done that) and left the writing duties up to J.J. Abrams. As it happens, Abrams had just seen Lin-Manuel Miranda's Hamilton, and hit up the artist to see if he would like to collaborate on the song you'd hear during the visit to Maz Kanata's castle. They did just that, and now... Read More...
Universal has assigned release dates to four untitled horror movies from Jason Blum‘s company Blumhouse. Universal will release Blumhouse films on Feb. 24, 2017; April 28, 2017; Jan. 5, 2018; and Oct. 19, 2018. Blumhouse will take on Paramount and Bad Robot’s sci-fi movie “God Particle” on Feb. 24, 2017 and Warner Bros.’ new “Jungle Book: Origins” movie from director Andy Serkis on Oct.
- Deadline: Blumhouse Stakes Out Dates On Universal 2017 & 2018 Schedule
- Dread Central: Blumhouse Sets Dates for New Horrors!
As a banner year looms thanks to Martin Scorsese‘s “Silence” and Mel Gibson‘s “Hacksaw Ridge,” Andrew Garfield has signed on to star in “Under the Silver Lake,” a modern day noir crime thriller set in Los Angeles that hails from “It Follows” writer-director David Robert Mitchell, it was announced Wednesday. Michael De Luca will produce under his eponymous production company along with Chris Bender, Jake Weiner and Adele Romanski.
Lessons in filmmaking from the directors of Captain America: Civil War.Continue reading on Film School Rejects »
- We Got This Covered: Russo Brothers Label Black Widow Solo Movie A “No-Brainer”
- Comic Book Movie: The Russo Brothers Want WOLVERINE In The MCU; Seem Confident That A BLACK WIDOW Movie Will Happen
Director Paul Feig has maintained that his new Ghostbusters movie isn’t a sequel or a remake, but a reboot. Basically, it ignores the fictional events and characters depicted in Ivan Reitman’s classic 1984 film — which makes the first trailer for Feig’s movie a bit confusing. If you count yourself among those who were baffled by the trailer, then you can rest easy with the knowledge that someone who is actually in the movie is also confused. Unfortunately, she doesn’t have any answers for you. Continue reading…
The actor appeared on the first episode of 'Speechless With Carly Fleischmann'
Key & Peele Make a Feature-Length SketchContinue reading on Medium »
- Badass Digest: Two Feral Cats Discuss KEANU
The Huntsman: Winter’s War and Mother’s Day prove Hollywood is not done with some damaging tropes.Continue reading on Film School Rejects »
This article originally appeared on PEOPLE.com A new Twitter campaign calling on Frozen producers to make Elsa a lesbian in the upcoming sequel has gone viral.Â Twitter user Alexis Isabel Moncada was the first to bring up the idea on Saturday, tweeting, âI hope Disney makes Elsa a...
Paramount Pictures has entered a multi-picture deal with Elisabeth Murdoch‘s Locksmith Animation, the companies jointly announced Wednesday. Under the agreement, Paramount and Locksmith will co-develop and co-produce a series of animated projects for the studio and are progressing three current properties which Locksmith has been developing since 2014.
I rolled my eyes harder than anyone when it was revealed that MTV was making a new television series based on the Scream movies. However, a few trusted friends and colleagues have told me that my negativity was misplaced. I have yet to actually eat my words, but enough serious horror fans have informed me that my decision to not watch the first season of this show was a poor one and that the negative early reviews were off-base.
- Horror Society: (Trailer) “Scream: The TV Series” – Season 2
Remember when “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” opened on March 25 to huge fanfare and a huge $166 million domestic box office haul? Seems so long ago. After six weeks in theaters, Warner Bros.’ DC Comics action epic starring Ben Affleck and Henry Cavill has stalled well short of the $1 billion mark, earning $863.2 million worldwide. That’s an impressive achievement, but it’s significantly less than the $1.5 billion that Marvel’s own superhero-mashup “The Avengers” grossed worldwide in 2012.
This charming man â or Joe Manganiello, as heâs formally known â is officiallyÂ set to star in an upcoming movie heavily featuringÂ The Smithsâ music, a rep confirmed to EW.Â The movie, titledÂ Shoplifters of the WorldÂ after The Smithsâ single âShoplifters of the World Unite,â follows a metal...
- Badass Digest: Joe Manganiello Is Making A Smiths Movie
Netflix may rule the streaming scene with an iron fist at the moment, but you’ve got to hand it to the competition – they’re doing everything in their power to level the playing field.
- Moviefone: Hulu Renews 'The Mindy Project' For Season 5
Director Josh Boone reveals which iconic Marvel characters will be featured in his New Mutants movie adaptation.
1. Jungle Book, TheGross: $43,714,706Total: $253,371,506
2. Huntsman: Winter's War, TheGross: $9,619,300Total: $34,215,325
3. KeanuGross: $9,453,224Total: $9,453,224
4. Mother's DayGross: $8,369,184Total: $8,369,184
5. Barbershop: The Next CutGross: $6,080,496Total: $44,661,136
Opening This Week
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
Total Likes: --
Today's Likes: --