Top Movie News for August 29, 2015
Star Wars Rebels season 2 will be kicking off in October and Disney has released a clip from the new season. The season premiere episode will be called The Lost Commanders and we see the crew of the Ghost being given the head of an old droid by Ahsoka just before she embarks on tracking down the Sith Lord on her own. Star Wars Rebels returns October 14th to Disney XD The complete season one is available now on Blu-ray, I should have a review of it later in the week. Click here to view the embedded video. Someone You Can Count On – A New Clip From Star Wars Rebels
- SlashFilm: Star Wars Bits: Celebration Europe, Disney Infinity 3.0, Star Wars Rebels, Battlefront, More Force Friday
- IGN Movies: Star Wars Rebels: Season 2 Premiere Date and New Clip
- Comic Book Movie: 'Ahsoka' Sets Out To Find A Sith Lord In New Clip From STAR WARS REBELS Season 2
- Coming Soon: Star Wars News Roundup for August 28, 2015
- We Got This Covered: Star Wars: Rogue One May Shoot Using Panavision 70 For Ultra-Widescreen Experience
- AintItCool: Let's get a little nerdy and talk about the lenses being used on Star Wars: Rogue One.
- Digital Spy: Star Wars: The Force Awakens toys will be revealed live next week
- Cinema Blend: Star Wars: The Force Awakens' New Star Destroyer Has A Terrifying Name
- Digital Spy: The Star Wars Facebook page just shut down this sexist comment
- MovieWeb: 'Big Bang Theory' Is Getting a 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Episode
- Total Film: Tons of Star Wars: The Force Awakens toys to be unveiled next week on 'Force Friday'
- Screen Crush: WookieeLeaks: What Spoilers Can We Extract From the New 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Teaser?
- HitFix: 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Why does Finn have Anakin's lightsaber?
- HitFix: Star Wars shuts down sexist attitude towards 'female' armor on Facebook
- Comic Book Movie: The Three New Leads Take Center Stage In STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS Promo Poster
- SlashFilm: ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Will Feel the Presence of ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’
- MovieWeb: 'Rogue One' to Be First 'Star Wars' Movie Shot in 70MM?
- IGN Movies: Star Wars, Civil War, and Video Game Movie News
- SlashFilm: ‘Star Wars: Rogue One’ May Be an Ultra-Widescreen Spectacle
- Bleeding Cool: Imperial Dispatch: Star Wars Expected Box Office, New Finn With Saber Image
- MovieWeb: Are 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Box Office Predictions Too High?
- Latino Review: STAR WARS: The New Republic Returns!
- IGN Movies: Kojima Hangs out With Star Wars Director J.J. Abrams, BB-8
- IGN Movies: Your Ideal Star Wars Buddy
- Screen Crush: 'Star Wars: Rogue One' May Take a Cue From 'The Hateful Eight' and Go Super Widescreen
- MovieWeb: This 'Star Wars 7' Poster Can Be Yours on Force Friday
- MTV Movies Blog: The ‘Star Wars’ Facebook Page Just Perfectly Shut Down This Sexist Comment
- IGN Movies: Star Wars Battlefront: Twilight Company Cover Art Revealed
- ScreenRant: Star Wars: The Force Awakens Force Friday Poster Revealed
- MovieWeb: 'Star Wars 7' Star Destroyer Gets a Menacing Name
- AintItCool: HERC RADIO!! Kubrick Week 5: DR. STRANGELOVE!! Plus All The MARVEL, DC, WARS & TREK News!!
- MTV Movies Blog: 11 Makeup Jedis Who Turned Themselves Into ‘Star Wars’ Characters
The faith-based drama War Room earned an estimated $3.875 million on Friday, putting it slightly ahead of reigning box-office champ Straight Outta Comptom, which grossed an estimated $3.83 million. Directed by Alex Kendrick, War Room was torn apart by critics (the film...
- Variety: Box Office: ‘Straight Outta Compton,’ Faith-Based ‘War Room’ in Close Race
- The Wrap: Good God! Faith-Based ‘War Room’ Tops ‘Straight Outta Compton’ at Friday Box Office
- HitFix: Box Office: 'War Room' shocks 'Straight Outta Compton' by winning Friday
- Variety: Box Office: Zac Efron Getting Outplayed by Faith-Based ‘War Room,’ ‘Compton’
- Deadline: ‘Straight Outta Compton’ Threepeat; Faith-Based ‘War Room’ Leading Newcomers So Far — Friday Matinees
- Variety: Digital Tracking: There’s ‘No Escape’ From ‘Compton’s’ Box Office Supremacy
- Entertainment Weekly: Four reasons 'Straight Outta Compton' made N.W.A the Boyz of summer
- The Wrap: Watch ‘Straight Outta Compton’ Trailer Recut to Ben Folds’ Cover of Dr. Dre Song (Video)
- Deadline: ‘Minions’ Masters $1B Global Box Office; Universal Sets Yet Another Industry Record
- Variety: ‘Minions’ Hits $1 Billion at Worldwide Box Office
- USA Today: 'Minions' party: Billion at box office
- Coming Soon: Minions Box Office Crosses $1 Billion
- The Wrap: Zac Efron DJ Drama ‘We Are Your Friends’ Debuts Quietly at Thursday Box Office With $175,000
- Comic Book Movie: It Sounds Like TERMINATOR: GENISYS Might Not Be A Box Office Flop After All
- The Wrap: ‘Minions’ Marches Past $1 Billion at Worldwide Box Office, Becomes Third Highest-Grossing Animated Film Ever
- Movies With Butter: Why Is Pixar Making "Cars 3" After The Poorly-Reviewed Second Film Disappointed at the Domestic Box Office?
- Movies With Butter: Friday Matinee Box Office: "We Are Your Friends" Bombs; "No Escape" OK; "War Room" Overperforms
- Entertainment Weekly: 'Minions' clears $1 billion at the worldwide box office
- Filmonic: Box Office: Minions is Now the 3rd Animation to Ever Pass $1 Billion
- BoxOfficeMojo: Analysis: Friday Report: 'Compton' Three-peats
Warner Bros’ Suicide Squad wrapped principle photography this week and director David Ayer commemorated the event by posting this crew photo to his Twitter account: It’s a wrap folks! #SuicideSquad #WarnerBros #DCcomics pic.twitter.com/1Rkvd9t3JX — David Ayer (@DavidAyerMovies) August 28, 2015 Suicide Squad was something of a surprise when first announced; an outlier on Warner Bros’ then-emerging DC Entertainment movie slate. It emerged from development quickly.
- Digital Spy: Director David Ayer reveals huge cast and crew photo as Suicide Squad wraps
- Screen Crush: 'Suicide Squad' Wraps Production With Massive Cast and Crew Photo
- Hollywood Reporter: David Ayer Marks End of 'Suicide Squad' Shoot With Cast and Crew Portrait
- Cinema Blend: Suicide Squad Shares An Epic Photo As Production Finally Wraps
- Variety: ‘Suicide Squad’: David Ayer Tweets Cast and Crew Photo on Final Day of Production
- Comic Book Movie: David Ayer's SUICIDE SQUAD Officially Wraps
- JoBlo: Filming wraps on David Ayer's Suicide Squad
- ScreenRant: Suicide Squad Crew Mark the End of Filming With Photos & Tattoos
- Dark Horizons: Robbie, Davis Talk "Suicide Squad" Roles
- HitFix: There is A LOT going on in this 'Suicide Squad' wrap photo
- MovieWeb: 'Suicide Squad' Wrap Photo Unites Cast, Guess Who's Missing?
- Latino Review: 'Suicide Squad': And That's All, Folks
- Entertainment Weekly: 'Suicide Squad' wrap photo is like a 'Where's Waldo?'
Steve Carell steps in to replace Bruce Willis in director Woody Allen's new untitled comedy, which is currently shooting in Los Angeles.
- Deadline: Steve Carell Replacing Bruce Willis In Woody Allen Movie
- Variety: Steve Carell to Replace Bruce Willis in Woody Allen’s Next Film
- Hollywood Reporter: Steve Carell Replaces Bruce Willis in Woody Allen Movie
- Digital Spy: Steve Carell set to take over Bruce Willis role in new Woody Allen film
- SlashFilm: Steve Carell Takes Bruce Willis Role in Woody Allen’s Latest
- Vulture: Steve Carrel Is Replacing Bruce Willis in Woody Allen’s New Movie
- JoBlo: Steve Carell steps in to replace Bruce Willis in Woody Allen's latest film
- Entertainment Weekly: Steve Carell joins Woody Allen's next movie, replacing Bruce Willis
- Screen Crush: Steve Carell Replaces Bruce Willis in Woody Allen's Next Film, Which Sounds About Right
- Coming Soon: Steve Carell Reunites with Woody Allen for 2016 Film
- Cinema Blend: It Sounds Like Bruce Willis Was Fired By Woody Allen
- Cinema Blend: Woody Allen Already Replaced Bruce Willis With This A-Lister
- SlashFilm: Joe Carnahan Still Directing ‘Five Against a Bullet,’ Bruce Willis No Longer on Board
20th Century Fox’s Hitman: Agent 47 is but the latest addition to a long line of video game-turned films that have disappointed, both critically and commercially.
- The Wrap: ‘Borderlands’ Video Game Adaptation in Development at Lionsgate
- Entertainment Weekly: Lionsgate planning movie based on 'Borderlands' video game
- Screen Crush: Lionsgate to Make a Movie Based on 'Borderlands' Video Game
- Digital Spy: Borderlands the game to become Borderlands the movie
- Dark Horizons: Lionsgate Plans A "Borderlands" Movie
- Dread Central: Borderlands Film Coming From Lionsgate
- IGN Movies: Lionsgate Is Developing a Borderlands Movie
- Latino Review: 'Borderlands' Movie in Development at Lionsgate
- SlashFilm: ‘Borderlands’ Movie in Development at Lionsgate
- JoBlo: Lionsgate to develop a film based on the Borderlands videogame
- Bleeding Cool: Handsome Jack On The Big Screen! Borderlands Movie In The Works
Blood Brothers is the latest vampire film production to see significant attention from a major motion picture studio. Based on the comic book series published by Dark Horse Comics and written by Mike Gagerman and Andrew Waller, the new film was pitched to MGM as a cross between Ghostbusters and Men in Black, with its two vampiric heroes thrown into a crisis of apocalyptic proportions. The film centers on the blood-sucking duo of Nick and Tree, whose thousand-year-old friendship has hit the skids.
- Coming Soon: Michael B. Jordan in Talks for Vampire Comedy Blood Brothers
- AintItCool: Michael B. Jordan to go from superhero to vampire in BLOOD BROTHERS!
- Shock Till You Drop: Michael B. Jordan in Talks for Vampire Comedy Blood Brothers
- The Wrap: Michael B. Jordan in Negotiations to Star in MGM’s Vampire Movie ‘Blood Brothers’
- Screen Crush: Michael B. Jordan in Talks for 'Blood Brothers' Vampire Action-Comedy
- Dread Central: Become Blood Brothers with Michael B. Jordan
- Entertainment Weekly: Michael B. Jordan may bare his fangs in MGM's 'Blood Brothers'
- JoBlo: Michael B. Jordan to vamp it up for Blood Brothers
- Cinema Blend: Michael B. Jordan Will Follow Fantastic Four With Another Comic Book Movie
- SlashFilm: Michael B. Jordan Moves Past ‘Fantastic Four’ Flop With New Comic Book Movie
- Comic Book Movie: FANTASTIC FOUR's Michael B. Jordan Set For Another Comic Book Movie
Ever since Sony and Marvel finally reached an agreement to combine forces for the future good of Spider-Man (thus allowing the web-slinger to crossover into the MCU), the studios have been at the receiving end of a lot of questions from fans. But they’re not the only ones — now that he’s no longer playing Spider-Man, everyone wants to know what Andrew Garfield thinks about all of this. Not only is he thrilled, but as it turns out, he was a big advocate for a Marvel crossover. Continue reading…
- IGN Movies: Andrew Garfield Wanted Spider-Man to Go to Marvel
- Comic Book Movie: Andrew Garfield On Whether He Was Ever Asked By Marvel To Return As SPIDER-MAN
- SlashFilm: Andrew Garfield Pushed for ‘The Amazing Spider-Man’ to Connect with The Avengers
- JoBlo: Andrew Garfield was pushing Sony to bring Spider-Man into Marvel's universe
- MovieWeb: Was Andrew Garfield Asked to Return for Marvel's 'Spider-Man'?
- ScreenRant: Andrew Garfield Was ‘Petitioning’ For Spider-Man to Join The Avengers
- Dark Horizons: Rousey Offered "Captain Marvel" Porn Parody
- Comic Book Movie: Ronda Rousey Offered CAPTAIN MARVEL Role, But Not In The Film You'd Expect...
- Total Film: Borderlands movie gears up with X-Men and Spider-Man producers
- MovieWeb: Will Ronda Rousey Star in 'Captain Marvel' Porn Parody?
- MovieWeb: 'Borderlands' Movie Happening with 'Spider-Man' Producers
AMC recently aired the first episode of Fear The Walking Dead, the official spin-off series to the smash hit The Walking Dead. Despite only having aired the one episode thus far, EW has confirmed that AMC has a new special coming up that ties into the companion series. The special will be a thirty minute episode, taking place on an airliner that is midflight when the Walker outbreak begins. Someone needs to get Samuel L. Jackson involved because, yes, the special is essentially Zombies on a Plane.
- Moviefone: Zombies on a Plane! AMC to Air 'Walking Dead' Special Tied to 'Fear' Season 2
- Variety: ‘The Walking Dead’ Standalone Web Series Will Connect with ‘Fear’
- Dread Central: Fear the Walking Dead Stand-Alone Special to Be a Flight of the Living Dead
- Coming Soon: Fear the Walking Dead to Introduce New Character in Web Series
- Shock Till You Drop: Fear the Walking Dead to Introduce New Character in Web Series
- Dark Horizons: "Walking Dead" To Show In-Flight Outbreak
- Dread Central: New Free-To-Play Game The Walking Dead: Road to Survival Available Now
- Horror Society: TV Recap: “Fear the Walking Dead,” Episode 1
- Latino Review: 'The Walking Dead': Zombies on a Plane Headed to AMC!
- SlashFilm: ‘The Walking Dead’ Web Series Will Put Zombies on a Plane
Now that you've seen it, what did you think? The world is ours. Now playing in theaters everywhere is Max Joseph's We Are Your Friends, starring Zac Efron as a budding DJ in Los Angeles trying to make a name for himself. The fun cast in this dance music movie includes Wes Bentley, Emily Ratajkowski as Sophie, plus Jonny Weston, Shiloh Fernandez, Alex Shaffer and Jon Bernthal. Efron learns that he needs to trust himself to make the most of his creativity. So how is it? Does this actually have something to say? Is it worth seeing?
- IndieWire: How First-Time Director Max Joseph Got Zac Efron to Star in 'We Are Your Friends'
- AintItCool: Capone goes clubbing w/ WE ARE YOUR FRIENDS stars Zac Efron and Emily Ratajkowski a dir. Max Joseph
- Vulture: We Are Your Friends Works. I Can’t Believe It, Either.
- AintItCool: Capone struggles to find the heartbeat of WE ARE YOUR FRIENDS, starring Zac Efron
- Moviefone: What If 'Friends' Was All in Phoebe's Mind? Dark Fanfic Goes Viral
- Deadline: ‘We Are Your Friends’ Review: Zac Efron Takes On Sex, Drugs And Dance Music But Does He Score?
- USA Today: Review: 'Friends' a messy Millennial musical
- Latino Review: Film Review: We Are Your Friends
- The Wrap: ‘We Are Your Friends’ Star Emily Ratajkowski’s Essential Playlist: Fetty Wap, Joni Mitchell, Austra
Spying, civil liberties and the nature of democracy will be at the forefront of the 'Bourne 5' storyline.
- USA Today: Damon: New 'Bourne' is for 'post-Snowden world'
- Digital Spy: Matt Damon explains why he's returned for a "post-Snowden" Bourne 5: 'It feels like the world has changed'
- Screen Crush: Matt Damon Calls 'Bourne 5' a Story of the 'Post-Snowden World'
- Cinema Blend: Matt Damon On How Recent Political Scandals Helped Shape Bourne 5
- Badass Digest: BOURNE 5 Starts Filming Next Week! But What’s It About?
- MTV Movies Blog: Matt Damon Will Finally Become Bourne Again Next Week
- Entertainment Weekly: Matt Damon talks about Snowden's influence on the Bourne franchise
Author R.L. Stine is a master of all things that go bump in the night. His Goosebumps books and television series were a touchstone for kids and young adults alike. And now, the newest example of ’90s nostalgia has Sony bringing those stories to new life in a feature film. The Goosebumps film comes screaming into theaters everywhere this October, and now a new international version of the trailer has hit the web.
- Dread Central: New Goosebumps Trailer Brings the Monster Mash
- Coming Soon: New Goosebumps Trailer is Packed with Monsters!
- Shock Till You Drop: New Goosebumps Trailer is Packed with Monsters!
- Digital Spy: It's the monster mash in the creepy new trailer for Goosebumps
- JoBlo: Monsters a-plenty are released in new Goosebumps international trailer
- SlashFilm: ‘Goosebumps’ International Trailer Is a Mad Monster Party
- Screen Crush: 'Goosebumps' Trailer: R.L. Stine's Books Unleash Monster Mayhem
Bill Clinton made a surprise appearance Friday night at the after-party for a special screening of Barry Levinson‘s “Rock the Kasbah” in East Hampton, New York. And it’s no surprise that press in attendance were eager to get the former president’s thoughts on GOP frontrunner Donald Trump and Vice President Joe Biden. When asked how he thought Trump’s campaign was going, Clinton told Showbiz411: “I think we should let him burn himself out.” Also Read: Jimmy Fallon to Join Caitlyn Jenner, Hillary Clinton on 'Ellen' Premiere Week On Biden potentia
- Deadline: Bill Maher Slams Donald Trump’s “Go Back To Univision” Comment As Racist
- Variety: Website Crashes for Tiny TV Network in Advance of Its Donald Trump Interview
- Variety: Latin Grammys Ask Donald Trump to ‘Discontinue His Affront’ on Latinos
- Variety: Bill Clinton, McCartney and Springsteen Attend Bill Murray’s ‘Rock the Kasbah’ Screening
- Entertainment Weekly: Michael Shannon channels Donald Trump in exclusive '99 Homes' clip
- MTV Movies Blog: Donald Trump Meets ‘Deadpool’ In This NSFW Mash-Up Video
Jurassic World doesn’t arrive on DVD and Blu-ray for another couple of months, but the film is back on IMAX screens this weekend, in case you’re eager to revisit this summer’s biggest blockbuster. And if the re-release isn’t enough for you, Universal has revealed eight behind the scenes featurettes from the upcoming Blu-ray. Continue reading…
- ScreenRant: Jurassic World Blu-ray Featurettes & Details Revealed
- Hollywood Reporter: 'Jurassic World' Actor Bryce Dallas Howard Joins Matthew McConaughey in 'Gold'
- Badass Digest: BMDQ&A: Jake Johnson On JURASSIC WORLD And DIGGING FOR FIRE
- The Wrap: Bryce Dallas Howard Finds ‘Gold’ in First Role After ‘Jurassic World’
- JoBlo: Jurassic World's Bryce Dallas Howard to join Matthew McConaughey in Gold
Guess we now know who the underdogs will be in next year’s Captain America: Civil War, and no, it won’t be the red side. Check out two more pics below. The images first surfaced on Comicbookmovie.com. No Offense to Hawkeye or Sharon Carter, and I’m pretty sure Black Panther could have Falcon for breakfast, but the team […] Read Captain America: Civil War Teams Revealed in Spectacular Promo Art on Filmonic.
- Fandango Movie Blog: New 'Captain America: Civil War' Concept Art Reveals Two Badass Superhero Teams
- Moviefone: New 'Captain America: Civil War' Concept Art Reveals Avengers Taking Sides
- We Got This Covered: Captain America: Civil War D23 Trailer Partially Leaks Onto The Web
- Comic Book Movie: New Look At CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR In LEAKED D23 Trailer Screengrabs & Gifs
Marvel Comics Mads Mikkelsen might be our next Doctor Strange villain. Or he might not be. It depends on which outlet you’re willing to side with. Variety claims Marvel’s about to make an offer to the Danish wonder. Deadline claims the negotiations are still in a “very very preliminary stage” and that Mikkelsen is one of like a hundred guys all lining up for the part. You know what? It doesn’t matter.
- Digital Spy: Mads Mikkelsen tipped to face off against Benedict Cumberbatch in Doctor Strange
- Fandango Movie Blog: News Briefs: 'Doctor Strange' Eyes 'Hannibal' As Villain; Watch the Glory of 'The Iron Giant: Signature Edition' Trailer
- Fandango Movie Blog: News Briefs: 'Doctor Strange' Eyes 'Hannibal' As Villain; 'The Iron Giant' Returns to Theaters
- The Wrap: ‘Meet the Movie Press': ‘Doctor Strange,’ ‘Gambit’ Casting Updates and the Rise of Spoiler Culture (Video)
Diane Nelson, president of DC Entertainment and president and CCO of Warner Bros. Interactive will take the reigns of Warner Bros Consumer Products as well, according to The Hollywood Reporter. “With more and more of our consumer products business being directly driven by DC characters and storylines, a closer alignment of the divisions makes a lot of sense for us,” said Warner chairman and CEO Kevin Tsujihara.
- Hollywood Reporter: DC President Diane Nelson to Head Warner Bros. Consumer Products
- Variety: Diane Nelson Expands Role to Warner Bros. Consumer Products as Brad Globe Steps Down
- Deadline: Brad Globe To Step Down As Head Of Warner Bros. Consumer Products, Diane Nelson Taking Over In Interim
- The Wrap: Diane Nelson Expands Warner Bros. Duties to Include Consumer Products
We have what looks to be the first image of Doctor Kimiyo Hoshi or Doctor Light. The long black leather trench coat with this white trim gives the idea of Doctor Light, but with only seeing it from behind it’s just a guess. The rumor that the female version of Doctor Light was going to be on the series broke a few weeks back but no official casting announcement has been made. The images below were shot by a Canadian photographer who also caught a potential spoiler shot he posted later.
- Coming Soon: New Footage Debuts in International The Flash Promo
- Comic Book Movie: THE FLASH: New Australian Promo Reveals Blue Speedster
- Comic Book Movie: 'Barry Allen''s Powers Get A Makeover In New Promo For Season Two Of THE FLASH
- Latino Review: Brand-New 'The Flash' Season 2 Promo
And Bryce Dallas Howard strikes 'Gold' with Matthew McConaughey
- The Wrap: ‘Argo’ Reunion: Chris Messina to Play Ben Affleck’s Partner in Crime in ‘Live By Night’
- Deadline: Chris Messina In Negotiations To Join Ben Affleck’s ‘Live By Night’
- Vulture: Ben Affleck Casts Chris Messina to Play His Friend (Just Like You’ve Always Wanted to Do)
- We Got This Covered: Chris Messina In Talks To Star Opposite Ben Affleck In Live By Night
After becoming a 1960s Russian spy in The Man from U.N.C.L.E. earlier this year, Armie Hammer joining Nocturnal Animals, a dramatic tale of a story within a story that is the next film from A Single Man director Tom Ford. Focus Features is behind the production based on Austin Wright’s novel Tony and Susan, and Hammer has a key role in the that focuses on a woman (Amy Adams) who receives a book manuscript from her ex-husband, a man whom she left 20 years earlier, asking for her opinion.
- Hollywood Reporter: Armie Hammer Joins Amy Adams in Tom Ford's 'Nocturnal Animals'
- Deadline: Armie Hammer Joins Tom Ford’s ‘Nocturnal Animals’
- Variety: Armie Hammer Joins Tom Ford’s ‘Nocturnal Animals’
- We Got This Covered: Armie Hammer Joins The All-Star Cast Of Nocturnal Animals
'Assassin's Creed' Head of Content Aymar Azaizia reveals new details about the adaptation, confirming it's set in the same universe as the games.
- Dark Horizons: "Assassin's Creed" Film Set In Game Continuity
- IGN Movies: Assassin's Creed Movie Features Shared Universe
- Comic Book Movie: Will ASSASSIN'S CREED Movie Take Place In The Same World As The Video Games?
Z for Zachariah opens today in limited release and to remind you of that here are a few clips from this little post-apocalyptic gem that might otherwise slip unnoticed. Between the next 5 clips there’s a bit over 5 minutes of footage from Z for Zachariah. Obviously if you want to go in knowing as little as […] Read Watch a Few Clips from Z for Zachariah on Filmonic.
- Vulture: Z for Zachariah Takes a Thrilling, Intimate Approach to Dystopia
- We Got This Covered: Z For Zachariah Review
- FirstShowing.net: Check Out Mondo's Poster Art for Craig Zobel's Sci-Fi 'Z for Zachariah'
It’s unclear how Tumblr user luvindowney came into possession of this deleted scene from Avengers: Age of Ultron, but it’s interesting for the interaction between Cobbie Smulders’ Maria Hill and Chris Evans‘ Captain America: Click here to view the embedded video. I also like that little hint of Hawkeye’s wife and how he plays its off toward the end of the scene. ComicBookMovie user Minty suggests it might be setting up Hill’s viewpoint when it comes time to choose a side in Captain American: Civil War.
The film stars Scorsese, Leonardo DiCaprio, Robert De Niro and Brad Pitt
I guess the return of Star Wars means sci-fi is back in vogue. Deadline reports Jon Hamm is in talks to appear in Marjorie Prime. Adapted from the 2015 Pulitzer Prize finalist for drama by Jordan Harrison, it follows “an elderly, arthritic former violinist named Marjorie, staring headlong into the decline of old age as her memories begin to fail her.
HBO and Vice have unveiled the first look at their upcoming special “Fixing the System,” in which President Barack Obama visits the El Reno federal prison in Oklahoma and meets with inmates. The special marks the first time a sitting president has ever visited a federal prison. “There was a strong political incentive, I think, to continually be tough on drugs,” Obama says of the growing civil rights crisis.
A legendary raconteur who’s gift for gab rivals his cinematic output, Peter Bogdanovich is always a treat to watch or listen to. His career had many ups and downs—perhaps evinced in our recent feature, The Essentials: Peter Bogdanovich's 9 Best Films—but he not only earned the approval and friendship of the iconoclastic Orson Welles at a young age, but his early cinematic trifecta (“The Last Picture Show,” “What’s Up Doc?” and “Paper Moon”) is unassailable. Name one filmmaker who had their first three movies become classics?
- Thompson on Hollywood: Welles Whiz Peter Bogdanovich Says 'Other Side of the Wind' Will Start Editing This Fall
- Moviefone: 10 WTF Moments In MTV Video Music Awards History
Tim Hill, who directed 'Hop' and the first 'Alvin and the Chipmunks', is set to co-write and direct the 'Oh! Heavenly Dog' for Fox 2000.
- Hollywood Reporter: Chevy Chase's 'Oh! Heavenly Dog' to Get Remake With 'Hop' Director (Exclusive)
- Coming Soon: Oh Heavenly Dog Gets a Remake at 20th Century Fox
Ryan Downey talks to brothers John Erick and Drew Dowdle about their insane new action movie 'No Escape', which is destined to be a cult classic.
A Richard Pryor biopic has been in development for at least a decade now, with a couple of different actors and stars attached at various points. Pryor himself was involved in developing the film before his passing, but with director Lee Daniels attached the biopic is finally beginning to take shape and move forward, with Mike Epps officially locked down to star as the iconic comedian. Continue reading…
Two women grace the poster for the highly anticipated romance The Danish Girl, which premieres next week at the Venice Film Festival before opening in theaters on Nov. 27. The love story aspect of the film is signaled right up front, with rapidly rising star Alicia Vikander (Ex Machina...
With the festivals looming, we take our first stab at what the Oscar race will look like.
31 year old Alex Ross Perry is in an enviable position for a young filmmaker. After just four films, two of which not many audiences have seen outside of hardcore cineastes, the director has been minted by the critical intelligentsia of cinema.
- Badass Digest: QUEEN OF EARTH Is An Unsettling Study Of Self-Importance
The Empire Strikes Back trailer is recut to resemble The Force Awakens and Harry Potter becomes the villain in today's Nerd Alert.
It’s the kind of rumor that looks really great in a headline. What if a Pacific Rim sequel brought Godzilla, the King of the Monsters, into the fold? What if director Guillermo del Toro’s giant robots battled the legendary creature in the ultimate battle royale? The rumor has been gaining steam and we hate to be the ones to burst anyone’s bubble, but this isn’t going to happen. Continue reading…
- Cinema Blend: Godzilla In Pacific Rim 3? Guillermo Del Toro Wants It
Next week, expect another slew of thinkpieces about faith-based audiences spending big bucks at the multiplex. Why? Well, micro-budget Christian movie "War Room," being distributed Sony's faith-film outlet Affirm Films, is on track to make a sneak attack at the box office this weekend. In fact, it beat Zac Efron's "We Are Your Friends" in receipts on Thursday night. And not wasting a moment, Sony is using the opportunity to promote their next movie for the holy.
- Dark Horizons: First Trailer: Kevin Reynold's "Risen"
Fox Searchlight is on a roll this week.
Epic Pictures Releasing Imagine, if you can, the future. Not just any future, but a post-apocalyptic future with an earth scarred by acid rain and humanity decimated by war. A future where desperate people are forced to fight for survival while those in power do nothing but sit back and grow more powerful. Imagine, if you can, 1997. The Kid (Munro Chambers) wanders the wasteland on his BMX bike scavenging for supplies and materials he can trade.
- Chud: Review: Turbo Kid
Former Guns and Roses guitarist Slash is producing a horror movie written by the guy behind 'Boogeyman 2' and 3.
- Dread Central: Slash Producing 80s Style Throwback Slasher Film
More than forty comic book movies will hit theaters in the next six years alone – and while this past year only saw the release of three mainstream superhero movies, 2015 is the calm before a prolonged storm of origin stories, team-ups, spin-offs and reboots.
Fox has released 14 new character images for the second season of Gotham. The shots include mainstays Jim Gordon (Ben McKenzie), Harvey Bullock (Donal Logue), Oswald Cobblepot (Robin Lord Taylor) and more while also showing some of the newcomers like Theo Galavan (James Frain), Lucius Fox (Chris Chalk) and Nathaniel Barnes (Michael Chiklis). Surprisingly absent from the group is Edward Nigma (Cory Michael Smith) and Jerome (Cameron Monaghan). Gotham returns for its second season starting September 21st on Fox. 14 Character Images For Gotham Season 2
- Comic Book Movie: New GOTHAM Season 2 Promo Takes Us Inside The Would-Be Batcave
This fall, EllenÂ Page will playÂ Stacie Andree in Peter Solletâs Freeheld, the story about a lesbian couple who challenge domestic-partner rights after one of them is diagnosed with lung cancer. Delighted to be bringing Stacie and partner Laurel Hesterâs (played by Julianne Moore) struggle...
Jerzy Skolimowski knows how to rattle an audience. He's the co-writer behind Roman Polanski's "Knife In The Water," his last feature "Essential Killing" cast Vincent Gallo as an Afghan POW, and now he's back on the festival circuit with "11 Minutes." And it looks like one that you can only dare to ignore. Starring Richard Dormer, Wojciech Mecwaldowski, Andrzej Chyra, Dawid Ogrodnik, and Paulina Chapko captures various slices of life in Warsaw all in eleven minute fragments, with everything pulling together for a grand finale.
On the latest episode of Key & Peele, the “dynamic comedy duo” think up their own explanation on how Gremlins 2: The New Batch was created. The video is Uncensored (for some bad language) Key and Peele Get More: Comedy Central,Funny Videos,Funny TV Shows Sound off in the comments but don’t make it too, awkward….
In 2011, French game developer Ubisoft opened a new film division called Ubisoft Motion Pictures. The intention was for the studio to maintain complete creative control over film and television adaptations of their games, a level of control no other studio would be willing to give the company. It came as no surprise that their first film project was going to be based on the developer’s hit franchise Assassin’s Creed.
How a young actor is out to change Hollywood -- by proving that films like "Harry Potter" and "The Fault in Our Stars" are seriously lacking some color.
J.K. Rowing responded to the criticism that the cast of 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' is not diverse enough.
Bill Murray will take you anywhere as long as he has his 20% in the upcoming comedy Rock the Kasbah. Check out the new trailer below. “A down-on-his-luck music manager discovers a teenage girl with an extraordinary voice while on a music tour in Afghanistan and takes her to Kabul to compete on the popular television […] Read The Show Must Go On in the Trailer for Rock the Kasbah on Filmonic.
One of the grittiest, and dare I say best, police dramas ever to grace our television sets will soon be receiving a 4K face-lift setting in motion a Blu-ray release and updated streaming. The Shield, which ran for seven seasons on FX, followed Vic Mackey (Michael Chiklis) and his Strike Team as they used a variety of morally questionable methods to keep the streets clean and their pockets full. Series... Read More...
Amazon will release vinyl soundtracks to 5 classic 80s movies this October, including one for 'The Goonies' 30th Anniversary.
Actor James Woods‘ attempt to sue an anonymous Twitter critic was met with a blistering response from the social media giant on Friday in a court filing much longer than 140 characters. In late July, the “Casino” star filed a defamation suit against a Twitter user by the name “Abe List” for referring to Woods as a “cocaine addict” during a political discussion Woods was engaged in with his followers. Woods and attorneys took their outrage to the Los Angeles Superior Court where the so-called “reckless and malicious behavior” was met with a
“War Room” may have crushed Zac Efron‘s “We Are Your Friends” at the box office on Thursday — the Christian drama grossed $600,000 compared to the meager $175,000 for “Friends” — but critics were decidedly less friendly than audiences. The Sony release garnered a Rotten Tomato score of 18 percent and reviewers called it “a mess,” “anti-feminist” and an “infantile depiction of prayer.” The drama follows a seemingly perfect family looking to fix their problems, so they turn to an older, wiser lady named Mis
- Entertainment Weekly: 'No Escape' reviews: What are the critics saying?
'Itâs a space age music film!' says Demme
- Thompson on Hollywood: Jonathan Demme to Receive Visionary Award in Venice
Ever since the anthology series American Horror Story began in 2011, we’ve gotten a single season each year, composed of 13 episodes (except the first season which only had 12 episodes). But that might change in 2016. In a recent interview, series creator and executive producer Ryan Murphy says that he and the writing team are considering giving American Horror Story two seasons in 2016, but nothing is set in stone just yet. In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Murphy teased: “Next year we might do a fall American Horror Story and a spring.
Gross: $26,364,020Total: $111,087,490
2. Mission: Impossible Rogue NationGross: $11,451,746Total: $157,514,785
3. Sinister 2Gross: $10,542,116Total: $10,542,116
Gross: $8,326,530Total: $8,326,530
Gross: $7,317,374Total: $26,534,214