Top Movie News for May 30, 2015
Earlier this year, a series of reports indicated that a return trip to the Grid was on the cards. While it wasn’t sanctioned by Disney, pre-production on
- Hollywood Reporter: Disney Not Moving Forward With 'Tron 3' (Exclusive)
- Variety: Disney Pulls Plug on ‘Tron 3′
- Deadline: Game Over For Disney’s ‘Tron 3′
- Badass Digest: Disney Derezzes TRON 3
- Digital Spy: Disney has decided not to move ahead with Tron 3
- Chud: ‘Tron 3′ Has Been Deleted By Disney
- Digital Spy: Disney decides not to move ahead with Tron 3
- Dark Horizons: Third "Tron" Cancelled At Disney
- The Wrap: Disney Unplugs ‘Tron 3’ Starring Garrett Hedlund, Olivia Wilde
- SlashFilm: ‘Tron 3′ Dead at Disney
- JoBlo: Tron will no longer fight for the users; Disney pulls plug on Tron 3
- ScreenRant: ‘TRON 3′ Canceled By Disney
- IGN Movies: Disney Cancels Tron 3
- The Playlist: Disney Cancels ‘Tron 3’ Following The Disappointment Of ‘Tomorrowland’
- Entertainment Weekly: 'Tron 3' not moving forward: Disney
- Comic Book Movie: Disney Decides To Pull The Plug On TRON 3
- MTV Movies Blog: Game Over: Disney Has Pulled The Plug On ‘Tron 3’
- Coming Soon: BREAKING: It’s Game Over for TRON 3
- USA Today: Reports: 'Tron 3' gets the kibosh
- Cinema Blend: Tron 3 Just Got Axed
- MovieWeb: 'Tron 3' Is Dead!
- Latino Review: Just Like that, 'Tron 3' is Lost to The Grid
Paramount Pictures Hollywood is listening. They see what you’re complaining about on the blogs and social media and are responding accordingly where they can. They’re not making a found footage Friday the 13th movie because of you. They are making a Deadpool movie because of you. And they’re going to let women have some creative involvement in major franchises because of you, too.
- The Wrap: ‘Transformers’ Spinoffs’ Hiring of 7 White Male Writers Causes Concern in Hollywood
- Cinema Blend: Bumblebee May Get A Spinoff Transformers Movie
- Coming Soon: Sweet Bessie Coleman! 20th Century Fox Plans Lumberjanes Movie
- Shock Till You Drop: Supernatural Summer Camp Comic Lumberjanes Developing as Film
- Cinema Blend: Badass Comic Lumberjanes Is Headed To The Big Screen
- Dark Horizons: "Lumberjanes" Comic Becomes A Film
- The Playlist: Bumblebee Might Get His Own 'Transformers' Movie
- Screen Crush: 'Transformers' May Spin Off Bumblebee Into His Own Solo Movie
- IGN Movies: Transformers Bumblebee Spinoff Reportedly in the Works
- Entertainment Weekly: Bumblebee in 'Transformers' spin-off?
- SlashFilm: Rumor: Bumblebee Spin-Off Is in Paramount’s ‘Transformers’ Plan
- The Wrap: ‘Munchkin’ Writer Will Widger to Adapt ‘Lumberjanes’ Comic for 20th Century Fox (Exclusive)
- Bleeding Cool: The Munchkin's Will Widger To Adapt The Lumberjanes As Movie For Fox
- ScreenRant: Will Bumblebee Get a Solo ‘Transformers’ Spinoff Movie?
- MovieWeb: 'Lumberjanes' Movie Is Happening at 20th Century Fox
- ScreenRant: ‘Lumberjanes’ Live-Action Movie In Development
While William Fichtner doesn't get to receive top billing as often as I'd like, the man can always be counted upon to provide solid and memorable supporting roles. Deadline reports that Fichtner's next role is one that could expand greatly; he's set to join the ever-growing cast of the sequel to INDEPENDENCE DAY in the role of a top general. Welcoming William Fichtner... Read More...
- Dread Central: William Fichtner Beats Off Aliens in Independence Day Sequels
- MovieWeb: 'Independence Day 3' and 4 Planned, William Fichtner Joins
- We Got This Covered: William Fichtner Takes Lead Role In Independence Day 2
- Digital Spy: Independence Day 2 casts William Fichtner as a general
- Horror-Movies.ca: William Fichtner Joins Independence Day 2
- Latino Review: Actor William Fichtner Signs On For 'Independence Day 2'
- FirstShowing.net: William Fichtner Also Cast in Emmerich's 'Independence Day' Sequel
- ScreenRant: William Fichtner Signs For Major Role In Independence Day 2, 3 & 4
- Total Film: Independence Day 2 adds William Fichtner
- Dark Horizons: Fichtner Set For "Independence Day" 2-4
- Cinema Blend: Independence Day 2 Is Adding More Movies And Key Cast Members
- Film School Rejects: Sequel Spotlight: Latest Independence Day 2 and TMNT 2 Additions
- SlashFilm: ‘Independence Day’ Sequel: Everything You Need to Know About the Cast and Story
San Andreas is here, which means I’m bringing you a few clips from the disaster flick, seven this time. Call it a tiny sample of what you can expect from the movie, enjoy. “We’re about to have a major quake” are probably the last words you want to hear when standing on top of a […] Read Watch Some San Andreas Clips on Filmonic.
- AintItCool: Capone says SAN ANDREAS is a greatest hits package of disaster movie death and destruction
- Variety: ‘San Andreas’ Heads for $40 Million-Plus Opening, ‘Aloha’ Eyes $12 Million
- Deadline: ‘San Andreas’ Review: Dwayne Johnson’s Heroics Save Everything But The Script In This Disaster (Movie)
- Variety: Digital Tracking: ‘San Andreas’ to Shake Up Box Office This Weekend
- Variety: ‘San Andreas’ Set to Rock Box Office with $47 Million Debut, ‘Aloha’ Left in the Dust
- Thompson on Hollywood: Friday Box Office: Don't Blame 'San Andreas,' But Totals Fall Again
- MovieWeb: 'San Andreas' Review: The Rock Delivers Big, Dumb Disaster Fun
- The Wrap: The Rock’s ‘San Andreas’ Doubles ‘Gravity’ at Thursday Night Box Office
- MovieWeb: BOX OFFICE PREDICTIONS: Will 'San Andreas' Destroy 'Tomorrowland'?
- FirstShowing.net: Review: 'San Andreas' is a Clear Indication the Disaster Movie is Dead
- Entertainment Weekly: 'San Andreas': How'd it do with critics?
- Film School Rejects: San Andreas Presents a Day In the Life of a Truly Shitty County Employee
- The Wrap: The Rock’s ‘San Andreas’ Rumbles to $18 Million, ‘Aloha’ Anemic at Box Office
Experience 'Mad Max: Fury Road' in a whole different way with a new trailer that shows what the movie would look like in the 1980s.
- The Playlist: Watch: 'Mad Max: Fury Road' Gets Gnarly '80s Trailer Treatment
- Digital Spy: Re-Viewed: Mad Max 2 The Road Warrior - Bigger, Bolder, Bloodier
- ScreenRant: SR Geek Picks: Retro ‘Mad Max’ Trailer, Teens vs. ’90s Sitcoms, YouTube 10th Anniversary & More
- IndieWire: Watch: 'King Fury' Short Will Make Your Brain Explode With '80s Nostalgia
- IndieWire: Watch: 'Kung Fury' Short Will Make Your Brain Explode With '80s Nostalgia
- Badass Digest: KUNG FURY Review: Exaggerated ’80s Nostalgia Done Right
- Vulture: Watch Kung Fury, the Best '80s Action Movie of 2015
- Film School Rejects: Kung Fury is the Most Awesome ’80s Action Movie of 2015
- The Wrap: Watch ‘Kung Fury': A Crowdfunded Ode to Absurd ’80s Action (Video)
- Total Film: Watch crowdfunded ‘80s action parody Kung Fury for free
Starz has released a new teaser trailer for Ash Vs. the Evil Dead. This follow-up to the The Evil Dead film franchise is executive produced by franchise creators Sam Raimi, Rob Tapert and Bruce Campbell. Craig DiGregorio is the showrunner. Ash Vs. The Evil Dead will make its debut this fall on Starz. Click here to view the embedded video. New Teaser Trailer For Ash Vs. The Evil Dead
- Dread Central: New Teaser Released for Ash vs. Evil Dead
- We Got This Covered: New Ash Vs Evil Dead Teaser Has A Chainsaw To Grind
- Dark Horizons: First "Ash vs. Evil Dead" Teaser Trailer
- Vulture: Ash vs. Evil Dead Teaser: 30 Years Later and Ash’s Chainsaw Is Still Very Bloody
- Horror-Movies.ca: The Chainsaw is Back in New ‘Ash vs Evil Dead’ Teaser
- SlashFilm: ‘Ash vs Evil Dead’ Teaser: Break Out the Chainsaw
- Comic Book Movie: Bloody Groovy New ASH VS. EVIL DEAD Promo
- Latino Review: Ash Is Back BABY! New Teaser For 'Ash Vs Evil Dead'
- JoBlo: Chainsaws buzz in the new teaser for Starz series Ash vs Evil Dead
Cameron Crowe's latest film, ALOHA, has not exactly been winning over the critics. Our very own JimmyO was pretty lukewarm on the film (you can read his review here) and audiences as a whole seem to be heading to SAN ANDREAS this weekend rather than Hawaii. Still, Sony is hoping they can still garner some buzz for the picture that stars Bradley Cooper, Emma Stone, Rachel McAdams, Bill Murray, Alec Baldwin, John... Read More...
- AintItCool: Capone sees characters searching for their souls–and a plot–in Cameron Crowe's ALOHA
- Cinema Blend: Watch The Opening Of Cameron Crowe's Aloha And Judge For Yourself
- Thompson on Hollywood: 5 Reasons to See Cameron Crowe's 'Aloha' Despite the Critical Pile-On (Plus Upbeat Reviews)
- Dark Horizons: "Aloha" Opening Online As Film Panned
- USA Today: 'Aloha' enticing you with 8 free minutes
- Moviefone: Emma Stone Facts: 13 Things You (Probably) Don't Know About the 'Aloha' Star
- Entertainment Weekly: Emma Stone explains how Bill Murray helped her on the set of 'Aloha'
- Entertainment Weekly: Emma Stone as an Asian-American in 'Aloha': Who's buying it?
A very Snokey day for some Star Wars, chums.Yes, the Andy Serkis motion capture villain we’d been calling “Uber” until something official was announced has been revealed to have a crazy name and title: Supreme Leader Snoke.This makes all future “Snoke and Kylo Ren” or “Kylo Ren and Snoke” songwriting immediately ridiculous. I mean, Kylo Ren is a weird name that is capable of becoming a cool name once you attach it to a guy in a mask who makes his own cross-guarded lightsaber.
- Coming Soon: The Star Wars News Roundup – 5.29.15
- Cinema Blend: Little Kids Dubbing The Star Wars 7 Trailer Is Too Adorable To Handle
- Variety: The Greatest ‘Star Wars’ Photo on the Internet
- Digital Spy: Everything we know so far about Star Wars Rogue One: The cast, plot and latest spoilers
- Screen Crush: WookieeLeaks: Three Big Questions About 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens'
- IGN Movies: Batman's Wild Ride and Star Wars' Supreme Leader
- Fandango Movie Blog: Here's a First Look at Andy Serkis in 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens'
- MovieWeb: Nerd Alert: 'Daredevil' Easter Eggs, 'Buffy' Reunion, 'Star Wars 7' Kids & More!
New dinosaur footage is revealed in two international TV spots for 'Jurassic World', and you can also watch video from the Paris premiere.
- Entertainment Weekly: 'Jurassic World': Watch Chris Pratt save a worker from three raptors
- JoBlo: Watch Chris Pratt calm his raptors in this new Jurassic World clip
- Dread Central: HBO to Give Fans a First Look at Jurassic World
- Variety: ‘Jurassic Park’ to Air on NBCU Nets Ahead of ‘Jurassic World’ Release
- Hollywood Reporter: Tour The "Completely Safe" 'LEGO Jurassic World' In New Trailer
- Cinema Blend: Watch Chris Pratt Get Goofy Warming Up For Stunts In Jurassic World
- Bleeding Cool: This New Trailer Welcomes You To LEGO Jurassic World
Lets just get this right out of the way, LOVE LETTERS TO THE DEAD is not an erotic zombie film; rather, it's an adaptation of the popular YA novel of the same name which follows a young woman as she writes a variety of letters to dead celebrities as a project for English class. I know, you're all disappointed. The Hollywood Reporter has informed us that someone well... Read More...
- Hollywood Reporter: Catherine Hardwicke in Talks to Direct 'Love Letters to the Dead' (Exclusive)
- Coming Soon: Catherine Hardwicke Plans Love Letters to the Dead
- The Wrap: Catherine Hardwicke in Talks to Direct ‘Love Letters to the Dead’ for Fox 2000
- SlashFilm: Catherine Hardwicke Directing ‘Love Letters to the Dead’
- Film School Rejects: Twilight Director Catherine Hardwicke Is Making Another Hot YA Adaptation
- The Playlist: Hou Hsiao-hsien, Catherine Hardwicke, And Will Gluck Prepping New Films
- Dark Horizons: "Sunset," "Lottery," "Letters" Get Helmers
A lot of films offer some sort of contest which provides the winner with the opportunity to attend a Hollywood premiere; while most of them are pretty run-of-the-mill, some offer something special as well as providing the winner with a great opportunity that goes beyond schmoozing with celebrities on the red carpet. Marvel, Disney, Visa, Dolby Laboratories, and Raspberry Pi have teamed up to bring us... Read More...
- Coming Soon: Evangeline Lilly Introduces Marvel’s Ant-Man Micro-Tech Challenge
- MovieWeb: Evangeline Lilly Introduces 'Ant-Man' Micro-Tech Challenge
- Hollywood Reporter: Marvel, Disney Launch 'Ant-Man Micro-Tech Challenge'
- Comic Book Movie: Evangeline Lilly Talks ANT-MAN's 'Hope Van Dyne' In Featurette For Fan Contest
- Bleeding Cool: Marvel Release A New Ant-Man Poster
- Entertainment Weekly: Marvel contest gives teen girls the chance to attend 'Ant-Man' premiere
- Comic Book Movie: New Australian TV Spot For ANT-MAN Features Snippets Of New Footage
There's nothing like Kung Fury! Get a load of this. There is a crazy throwback 1980's action comedy short film going around the web called Kung Fury, written & directed by David Sandberg, that you just have to see to believe. It's intense and well-made and features nazis, dinosaurs, vikings and cheesy one-liners packed into one 30 minute short. It's actually the kind of breakout cult sensation that we love coming across nowadays, because it's made with such love for all the cheesy 80's movies, but also fits perfectly in today's cinematic marketplace.
- MovieWeb: Full 'Kung Fury' Short Is Online and It's Insane!
- Bleeding Cool: Kung Fury Hits The Web In All Of Its 80's Glory
- AintItCool: KUNG FURY Has Hit the Web and You Must Watch it NOW!!!
- We Got This Covered: A Breakdown Of Why Kung Fury Is So Damn Awesome
- SlashFilm: Watch ‘Kung Fury,’ the Most Insane Half Hour of 2015
- Comic Book Movie: Forget JURRASSIC WORLD, Watch KUNG FURY Now
Matt Fraction and Kelly Sue DeConnick‘s deal with Universal Studios to create television series, will include a show based on The Wicked + The Divine by Kieron Gillen, Jamie McKelvie and Matt Wilson, currently published by Image Comics.One of Bleeding Cool’s favourite current comics, the series about returning gods possessing the bodies of the young, to shine brightly for a very limited time, Deadline reports that Universal Television “has optioned the rights to the property for Matt Fraction and Kelly Sue DeConnick’s Milkfed Criminal Masterminds”Deadline also points ou
- Deadline: ‘The Wicked + The Divine’ Comic To Be Adapted As TV Series By Universal TV
- Coming Soon: The Wicked + The Divine Heads to Television
- Badass Digest: Awesome Comic THE WICKED + THE DIVINE To Become A TV Show
- Dark Horizons: "Wicked + Divine" Comic Becomes TV Series
- SlashFilm: ‘The Wicked + The Divine’ Comic Book Series Comes to TV
- Variety: Bette Midler Proves She’s Still Divine at 69 with Staples Center Show
Digital Spy recently sat down to interview action star Jason Statham about his upcoming comedy film, “Spy”, starring actress Melissa McCarthy and directed by Paul Feig. Statham confirmed to Digital Spy that a sequel to Matthew Vaughn’s “Layer Cake” is in development; the actor said the project is “the most exciting thing on [his] plate.”Author J.J. Connolly wrote a follow-up to “Layer Cake” called ‘Viva La Madness’ in which Statham would replace “James Bond” actor Daniel Craig in the lead role.Statham was quoted about possibly working with Connolly saying:“J.J.
- We Got This Covered: Jason Statham’s Layer Cake Sequel Viva La Madness Shooting Next Year
- Cinema Blend: Jason Statham Still Plans To Star In A Layer Cake Sequel
- JoBlo: Jason Statham confirms Layer Cake sequel is still in the works
- The Playlist: Jason Statham Says 'Layer Cake' Sequel 'Viva La Madness' Will Shoot In 2016
- Dark Horizons: Statham Set For "Layer Cake" Sequel
- Total Film: Layer Cake sequel in the works
“Boardwalk Empire” alum Kelly Macdonald has been cast as one of the female leads in Ricky Gervais‘ Netflix movie “Special Correspondents,” an individual familiar with the project has told TheWrap. Gervais is writing and directing the satirical comedy, which he’ll also produce with Aaron L. Gilbert of Bron Studios and Chris Coen of Unanimous Entertainment as well as Manuel Munz. Eric Bana stars as Frank, an arrogant New York-based radio journalist whose decadent lifestyle has hindered his career.
- Variety: ‘Empire’ Season 2 Premiere Date Announced
- Moviefone: 'Empire' Season 2 Gets Premiere Date, Upped Episode Count
- Vulture: When Empire Is Coming Back
- Coming Soon: Empire Season 2 to Premiere on FOX September 23
- Deadline: ‘Empire’ Season 2 Premiere Date Revealed
- AintItCool: George A. Romero: I’ll Probably Write Most Of EMPIRE OF THE DEAD If It Goes To Series!!
“Every day, a new girl turns 18,” says talent agent Riley in the trailer for “Hot Girls Wanted.” The “talent” Riley scouts are 18-to-21-year-old “teenyboppers,” whom he introduces to the amateur porn industry. The stunning documentary reveals the dark side of the subgenre, detailing how barely-legal women are recruited into uncomfortable and compromising situations.
- Deadline: ‘Hot Girls Wanted’ Trailer: Amateur Porn Doc Debuted Today On Netflix
- The Playlist: Watch: Trailer For Amateur Porn Documentary 'Hot Girls Wanted' Produced By Rashida Jones
- Entertainment Weekly: 'Hot Girls Wanted': Sneak peek at Netflix doc on amateur porn
- Variety: Watch the Disturbing Trailer for Rashida Jones’ Porn Documentary ‘Hot Girls Wanted’
- AintItCool: Netflix’s HOT GIRLS WANTED!! <br>Friday TV Talkback!!
It seems MTV is trying to get Melissa McCarthy into the Fast and Furious movies as they pose the question to her and Jason Statham about the actress playing a Shaw sibling. Then they asked Dwayne Johnson if McCarthy could take Vin Diesel which he totally thinks she could. Seems like MTV is trying to start something here. Click here to view the embedded video. Could Melissa McCarthy Take Vin Diesel? The Rock Thinks So
- JoBlo: Vin Diesel shares unofficial promo poster for Fast & Furious 8
- USA Today: Charlize Theron calls The Rock for air rescue
- Vulture: Emily Blunt, the Rock, & the Post-Furiosa Action Hero
- Deadline: Andrew Lloyd Webber Sets ‘School Of Rock’ Pre-Previews With Invited Audiences
- AintItCool: Joan Jett & Green Day Make The ROCK & ROLL HALL OF FAME!! OUTLANDER Finale!! ORPHAN BLACK 3.6!!
What if your super sleeper agent is now a stoner and he doesn’t activate properly? This is the first trailer for spy comedy American Ultra. So I guess we can add American Ultra to the evergrowing list of secret agent flicks of 2015 (Kingsman, The Man From U.N.C.L.E., Spy and Spectre just to name a […] Read Jesse Eisenberg is a Stoned Cold Killer in American Ultra on Filmonic.
- MovieWeb: 'American Ultra' Trailer: Jesse Eisenberg Is a Sleeper Agent
- The Playlist: Get Baked With New Photos & Green Band Trailer For ‘American Ultra’ Starring Jesse Eisenberg & Kristen Stewart
- MTV Movies Blog: See Jesse Eisenberg And Kristen Stewart As Stoner Lovers In The ‘American Ultra’ Redband Trailer
- Moviefone: Stoner Comedy 'American Ultra' Gets Killer Red Band Trailer
- JoBlo: Witness the frying pan bullet trick in the red-band American Ultra trailer
By their very nature, henchmen fall pretty low on the hierarchy of evil. But that isn’t stopping Henchmen from scaring up an impressive cast. James Marsden and Thomas Middleditch are set to lead the voice cast of the animated supervillain comedy, along with Rosario Dawson, Nathan Fillion, Alfred Molina, and many more. Get up to speed on the Henchman voice cast after the jump. Henchmen is the first animated feature film from Bron Studios. The official synopsis reads as follows: In a world of super-villains, evil schemes and global domination… someone has to take out the Trash.
- We Got This Covered: Animated Superhero Pic Henchmen Enlists James Marsden, Nathan Fillion, Tom Middleditch And More
- The Wrap: James Marsden, Rosario Dawson and ‘Silicon Valley’s’ Thomas Middleditch to Star in Animated Film ‘Henchmen’
- Entertainment Weekly: Casting Net: James Marsden, Rosario Dawson, more lend voices to 'Henchmen'
- Coming Soon: Bron Studios Reveals Henchmen Voice Cast and Short Film!
- MovieWeb: 'Henchmen' Voice Cast Announced, Animated Short Released
Simon Pegg reveals he just turned in his script for 'Star Trek 3', one month before production begins in Vancouver.
- The Playlist: Simon Pegg Says 'Star Trek 3' Starts Shooting In 4 Weeks & The First Draft Of The Script Has Only Just Been Finished
- ScreenRant: ‘Star Trek 3′: Revised Script Finished A Month Before Filming Starts
- Digital Spy: Simon Pegg says his Star Trek 3 script is almost ready, but shooting is in a month
- Cinema Blend: Simon Pegg Shaved At Least 45 Pages Off Of Paramount's Star Trek 3 Script
- ScreenRant: ‘Deadpool’ Star Ryan Reynolds Confirms The Movie Has Finished Production
Filming on David Ayer’s Suicide Squad has been underway in Toronto for the last month and the production has been absolutely shrouded in secrecy. Wait, no, that isn’t it.
- Comic Book Movie: More Awesome Photos Of 'Batman' And 'Harley Quinn' On The Set of SUICIDE SQUAD
- IGN Movies: New Photos Reveal Harley Quinn's Motorcycle Skills
- MovieWeb: 'Suicide Squad' Video Shows Margot Robbie Doing Her Own Stunts
- The Wrap: ‘Suicide Squad’ Batman Leak and ‘Cruel Intentions’ Reunion Spark Frenzy: Wrap Trends (Video)
- SlashFilm: Superhero Bits: Ant-Man, Suicide Squad, Preacher, Deadpool, Fantastic Four, Superman
This weekend marks the opening of San Andreas, in which Dwayne Johnson deals with the largest earthquake ever recorded in history. But if you’d like to enjoy his charm without the specter of catastrophic disaster, you can keep an eye out for next month’s Ballers. Johnson leads the HBO comedy as Spencer, a former football player turned financial advisor. Which might sound like a less exciting career, except that he’s serving as a financial advisor to professional athletes, so he still gets to party it up with the best of them. Watch the latest Ballers trailer after the jump.
Deadpool star Ryan Reynolds has stated that filming for the Merc with a Mouth movie has finished. The 38-year-old actor confirmed the milestone for Deadpool on Twitter. "Deadpool has been a privilege to make," Reynolds wrote. "And we got to make this film because of you. Gonna eat a samich now. #wrapped" This isn't the first time Reynolds has unveiled big news regarding the Deadpool movie. He confirmed the Marvel and 20th Century Fox film would sport an R rating last month and showcased the first look at the antihero's costume in March. Continue reading…
- JoBlo: Ryan Reynolds confirms filming has wrapped on Deadpool
- Entertainment Weekly: Ryan Reynolds thanks fans for support as 'Deadpool' production wraps
- Latino Review: Stop Your Grinnin' and Drop Your Linnin', 'Deadpool' Has Wrapped Production
- MovieWeb: 'Deadpool' Wraps Production
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 is knee-deep into production and like every film that dares shoot on public streets, it has been the victim of set photos. Lots and lots of set photos. The latest batch of images reveal some characters who should be familiar to fans, albeit in newly revised forms. Are you ready for your first clear look at the villainous trio of Shredder, Bebop and Rocksteady? Of course you are. You clicked on this article for a reason. Presumably. Continue reading…
- The Wrap: ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2': All Signs Point to WWE Star Sheamus as Rocksteady
- SlashFilm: ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2′ Adds WWE Star Sheamus as Rocksteady
- Cinema Blend: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 Set Video Shows Stephen Amell Without His Casey Jones Mask
- Digital Spy: Is WWE Superstar Sheamus playing Rocksteady in Ninja Turtles 2?
The world is anxiously waiting for writer/director James Gunn’s Guardians of the Galaxy 2, but Gunn’s taking a brief break from the Marvel universe to go make The Belko Experiment – a movie that Greg McLean (Wolf Creek) is directing, based on Gunn’s screenplay.
- Deadline: ‘Henchman’ Moves Forward With Voice Cast But Minus Gary Sanchez; ‘Belko Experiment’ Staffs Up
- Dread Central: Several More Sign Up for The Belko Experiment
- We Got This Covered: James Gunn Rules Out Two Potential Guardians Of The Galaxy 2 Villains
- SlashFilm: James Gunn Rules Out Two Big Marvel Villains for ‘Guardians of the Galaxy 2′
Milla Jovovich and Pierce Brosnan face off in the new espionage thriller "Survivor". Milla is a newly appointed U.S. foreign service officer assigned to London who quickly becomes wrapped up in a terrorist plot to attack the United States. Brosnan is The Watchmaker, an elusive, very effective assassin who is sent to kill Jovovich's character, as she learns too much about said plot and is attempting to foil it.
Page 2 is a compilation of stories and news tidbits, which for whatever reason, didn’t make the front page of /Film. After the jump we’ve included 36 different items, fun images, videos, casting tidbits, articles of interest and more.
James Ponsoldt is leaving much space for breathing room. His latest film "The End Of The Tour" is fresh off a Sundance premiere and is hitting theaters next month (check out the trailer). And next in line is perhaps his starriest effort yet with the Tom Hanks starring adaptation of Dave Eggers' "The Circle." And now the director has another hot project on his plate. Deadline report the filmmaker will write and direct the F. Scott Fitzgerald tale "West Of Sunset." Just to be clear this is about Fitzgerald, not based on his writing.
Gracie Films Over a year ago our own Kate Erbland asked, Are ‘Say Anything’ Lovebirds Lloyd Dobler and Diane Court Still Together? Kate may actually get an answer to that question. The good news is today a Cameron Crowe movie is opening in theaters, meaning we got a chance to speak with Crowe about his latest project, Aloha. The Hawaii-set film is very much in Crowe’s wheelhouse. It’s about a guy, Brian Gilcrest (Bradley Cooper), at a crossroads, trying to reinvent himself.
Channing Tatum will produce an adaptation of the beloved memoir 'Two Kisses for Maddy' with an eye to star.
- Variety: Channing Tatum and Sony to Make ‘Two Kisses for Maddy’
- Coming Soon: Channing Tatum Plans Two Kisses for Maddy
- Dark Horizons: Tatum To Produce, Star In "Maddy"
Well this is sad. On a recent radio show, special effects and make-up artist legend Rick Baker announced that he was retiring from filmmaking. "The time is right, I am 64 years old, and the business is crazy right now. I like to do things right, and they wanted cheap and fast," Baker said in an interview on 89.3 KPCC (via THR). "That is not what I want to do, so I just decided it is basically time to get out." Baker has been working in the industry for over 40 years, and is now 64, he's had a huge impact on the industry and been a part of movie history for so long.
- Digital Spy: Hollywood effects guru Rick Baker is retiring because of CGI
- IGN Movies: Movie Make-Up Icon Rick Baker Retires
X-Men: Apocalypse: New concept art for Bryan Singer's X-Men: Apocalypse reveals mutant warrior Cyclops battling Storm (in the distance) while trying to protect Jean Grey (crouching under cover). Tye Sheridan, Alexandra Shipp and Sophie Turner, respectively, portray those characters in the movie, which is heading for theatrical release on May 27, 2016. [Empire via Mutant 101] The Lifeboat: Joe Wright, who's best known for his classy literary adaptations Pride...Read MoreRead Comments
While addressing fan questions, Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunn explained on Facebook (via ComicBook.com) that Kang the Conqueror is owned by 20th Century Fox. The time-traveling Kang the Conqueror is a strange case. His first appearance was in a Fantastic Four comic, but that was as King Rama Tut. He wasn't the Kang we know today until a year later when he appeared in an Avengers comic, and then he went on to become a classic Avengers nemesis. His younger self even became Iron Lad, a member of the Young Avengers.
Hailee Steinfeld, Sophie Turner, and Dove Cameron discuss "Barely Lethal" with MTV News.
- Coming Soon: CS Video: Barely Lethal’s Hailee Steinfeld, Sophie Turner and Dove Cameron
- Latino Review: Film Review: Barely Lethal
Having already seen several of his original comics brought to life on the big screen, prolific writer Mark Millar recently revealed that Starlight and Chrononauts will probably be the next two 'Millarworld' properties to get the green light. The Scottish scribe is famously associated with a number of recent R-rated comic book movie hits, including the Kick-Ass films and this year's incredibly popular Kingsman: The Secret Service.
By Nikolai Fomich Last August, I spoke with creator Damion Gonzales about T.A.S.K., an animated series following the adventures of an international superhuman organization tasked with confronting super-powered threats. Currently under development by Damion, Zak Farmer, Sean Izaakse, Conliffe Matthew, and Echo Bridge Studios, T.A.S.K.
A documentary about the late Chris Farley will debutÂ in select theaters and onÂ Spike this summer. Virgil Films acquired distribution rights toÂ I Am Chris Farley, a doc from directorsÂ Brent Hodge and Derik Murray which focuses on Farleyâs life.Â The film includes interviews withÂ Farleyâs...
Chris Chalk, who made a short appearance on Gotham in the first season as Lucius Fox, has been promoted to series regular for season 2. According to TVLine, the Newsroom and Homeland actor will be helping Bruce Wayne out more one the series returns to Fox in the fall. In his only screen time so far, Lucius gave Bruce the pivotal clue that leads to what is most likely going to be the Batcave. Lucius will help Bruce find out more about his parent’s activities and their deaths.
This is a reprint of our review from the 2014 Cannes Film Festival. Even more so than the hotly-tipped, much anticipated big-ticket movies, one of the true delights of a film festival is rolling the dice and seeing something you know nothing about. Going to see a picture that's under the radar, that doesn't yet have buzz, and you don't even know the logline for, and could really be anything. Sure, sometimes you'll end up with a borderline unwatchable, relentlessly grim disaster.
Welcome to Screen Rant’s “Geek Picks,” where we collect the finest movie-related geekery from around the Web.
Matthew Weiner asserted that he’d only do “one talk” dissecting that whole Mad Men finale situation. Although two sentences later, he also asserted that “you know me, I can’t keep my mouth shut.” I’m happy to report that Weiner’s not holding to his word at all. On Wednesday, the Mad Men showrunner (flanked by Mad Men directing regulars Scott Hornbacher, Jennifer Getzinger, Michael Uppendahl and Chris Manley), sat down in LA for an event called “A Farewell to Mad Men.” Led by David O.
We’re used to directors working with the same actors more than once, but it’s much more rare to connect a performer with an author whose work is being adapted to the screen, unless that author is William Shakespeare.
Yesterday, I reported on the news that a new Xbox One controller was in the works. I assumed that it would drop during E3, but if this new leak is to believed, it could be with us in just a few days. Eurogamer (via VG247) found the controller, which is listed as having the 3.5mm headphone jack, on the Austrian site Libro. The listing is now gone, but it stated that the controller will be coming June 8th. Here is a picture of it.
- We Got This Covered: Photos Of New Xbox One Controller Leak
There really isn’t a lot to go on here, but this is defintely newsworthy. Rise of the Tomb Raider is going to get ‘something’ come this Monday. That is according to the Tomb Raider Facebook page, which left an update on that simply stated: Mark your calendars for Monday, June 1. #TombRaider I’m kind of at a loss as to what this could be. Gameplay would be nice, but that’s something I would have expected to be saved for E3.
- We Got This Covered: Pre-E3 Teaser For Rise Of The Tomb Raider Coming June 1
By Jason Henderson, Drew Edwards, Tony Salvaggio, and Julia Guzman Bleeding Cool welcomes back The Castle of Horror Podcast tonight, a weekly internet radio show where professional writers in the comics, games and book industries take a look at horror movies, choosing one movie a week to discuss in depth. They say: This week we wind up our Poltergeist Retrospective with Poltergeist (2015), the brand-new Poltergeist remake!
- Deadline: Penny Johnson Jerald Departs ‘Castle’
"Results" is the new indie dramedy from filmmaker Andrew Bujalski. Bujalski is known to film fans as the writer/director behind such low budget efforts as "Mutual Appreciation", "Funny Ha Ha" and "Computer Chess". This is his first foray into slightly higher budget moviemaking and his first time working with stars, in this case Guy Pearce and Cobie Smulders. He acquits himself well with these new "challenges" and turns out a reasonably successful cinematic work.Pearce and Smulders play Trevor and Kat, personal trainers who live and work in Austin, Texas.
- We Got This Covered: Exclusive Video Interview: Guy Pearce And Cobie Smulders Talk Results
By Octavio Karbank Click here to view the embedded video. Having knights, wielding only swords and bows, go up against one of the deadliest living creatures in the universe, wielding only swords and shields, hardly seems sporting. High tech alien weaponry versus ancient superstition and bows and arrows; I think I know who my money is on. Regardless, I like the idea of Templar Knights being sent into hellish forest after a “demon” that’s been leaving a sizable body count.
- Dread Central: Predator: Dark Ages Fan Film Is Now Available Online
Although Marvel Studios has yet to officially announce that Hayley Atwell will be making her fifth cinematic appearance as Peggy Carter in Captain America: Civil War, the English actress recently took to Twitter to reveal a series of photos with the cast and crew on the set in Atlanta, Georgia. There is already a pretty big spoiler online regarding how the S.H.I.E.L.D.
'Kick-Ass' creator Mark Millar has a great idea for a spinoff 'Hit-Girl' movie, but thinks it might be too crazy for commercial audiences.
ALL THE DEVILS DANCE! SECRET WARS #3 Written by JONATHAN HICKMAN Pencils by ESAD RIBIC Cover by ALEX ROSS