Top Movie News for September 18, 2014
Paranormal Activity 5 has a new title and release date. Paramount has announced that its new name is Paranormal Activity: The Ghost Dimension. The release date has been bumped from its original October 24, 2014, slot to March 23, 2015.
- Dark Horizons: "Paranormal Activity 5" Retitled & Delayed
- Deadline: Paramount Shifts ‘Scouts Vs Zombies’, ‘Paranormal Activity 5′ Release Dates
- Shock Till You Drop: Paranormal Activity 5 Gets a New Title, Shuffles Release Dates with Scouts vs. Zombies
- Variety: ‘Paranormal Activity: The Ghost Dimension’ Moved to 2015
- We Got This Covered: Paranormal Activity 5 Lands A New Title, Release Date Pushed Back
- Vulture: Paranormal Activity 5 Will Be Called Paranormal Activity: The Ghost Dimension
- Hollywood Reporter: 'Paranormal Activity 5' Abandons Halloween Eve Release
- Entertainment Weekly: ‘Paranormal Activity 5′ gets new name, release date
- Rotten Tomatoes: News: Paranormal Activity 5 Bumped to 2015
- AintItCool: The new PARANORMAL ACTIVITY film gets a title and a release date!!
- Dread Central: Paranormal Activity: The Ghost Dimension Dated for March 2015
- Horror Society: ‘Paranormal Activity 5′ Gets Renamed and Dated For March 2015; Scouts vs. Zombies Moved Up!
- Chud: Just like that, there’s a new Paranormal Activity!
- Horror-Movies.ca: Paranormal Activity: The Ghost Dimension Hits March 2015
- Digital Spy: Paranormal Activity 5 gets new title, release date
- Coming Soon: Paranormal Activity 5 Gets a New Title, Shuffles Release Dates with Scouts vs. Zombies
- The Wrap: ‘Paranormal Activity 5' Gets New Title, Release Date
- JoBlo: Paranormal Activity 5 gets a new subtitle and release date
- Screen Crush: 'Paranormal Activity 5′ Titled 'The Ghost Dimension,' Set for March 2015
- SlashFilm: ‘Paranormal Activity 5′ Gets Official Title and 2015 Release Date
- Collider: PARANORMAL ACTIVITY 5 Gets a Title and March 13, 2015 Release Date
- MovieWeb: 'Paranormal Activity 5' Gets a New Title and Release Date
- ScreenRant: ‘Paranormal Activity 5′ Gets an Official Title & New Release Date
- FirstShowing.net: 'Paranormal Activity 5' Gets Title, Flips Dates with 'Scouts vs. Zombies'
- Empire Magazine: Paranormal Activity 5 Pushed To 2015
Matt Smith, who rose to fame as the eleventh Doctor in Doctor Who, is joining the cast of Burr Steers' adaptation of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, according to The Hollywood Reporter. He joins a cast already filled with Lily James (Downtown Abby), Sam Riley (Control), Jack Huston (Boardwalk Empire), Bella Heathcote (Dark Shadows), and Douglas Booth (Jupiter Ascending).The movie is a horror-comedy spin on Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice.
- Hollywood Reporter: 'Doctor Who' Star Matt Smith Joins 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies' (Exclusive)
- Digital Spy: Doctor Who's Matt Smith to star in Pride and Prejudice and Zombies movie
- Coming Soon: Doctor Who Star Matt Smith Joins Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
- MovieWeb: 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies' Casts 'Doctor Who' Matt Smith
- The Playlist: Casting: Former 'Doctor Who' Star Matt Smith Joins 'Pride And Prejudice And Zombies' And More
- Screen Crush: The Wrap Up: Former 'Doctor Who' Matt Smith Boards 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies'
- FirstShowing.net: 'Pride & Prejudice & Zombies' Lands Former 'Doctor Who' Matt Smith
- We Got This Covered: Matt Smith Joins Pride And Prejudice And Zombies
- Entertainment Weekly: Matt Smith joins cast of ‘Pride and Prejudice and Zombies’
- Dark Horizons: Matt Smith Joins "Pride & Prejudice & Zombies"
- Empire Magazine: Matt Smith Set For Pride And Prejudice And Zombies
- IGN Movies: Matt Smith Cast in Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
- Bleeding Cool: Matt Smith Signs Up For Pride And Prejudice And Zombies
- Collider: Liam Neeson Eyes TELL NO ONE; Channing Tatum Boards STRUCK BY GENIUS; Matt Smith Joins PRIDE AND PREJUDICE AND ZOMBIES
- SlashFilm: Former Doctor Who Boards ‘Pride and Prejudice and Zombies’
- ScreenRant: ‘Doctor Who’ Star Joins ‘Pride and Prejudice and Zombies’; Filming Starts Next Week
Following talks about possibilities for a Ghostbusters reboot –– some of which include an all-female cast –– actor Dan Aykroyd has shared his ideas for expanding the franchise beyond just a series of movies. Aykroyd compared Ghostbusters to properties such as Marvel and Star Wars, which have both spawned a plethora of spin-offs, TV shows and a seemingly infinite wealth of source material. "My whole thinking on Ghostbusters now, is it's beyond just a sequel, a prequel, another movie, another TV show," Aykroyd told the Belfast Telegraph.
- Dread Central: Dan Aykroyd Looking to Reboot Ghostbusters Franchise in a Big Way
- We Got This Covered: Dan Aykroyd Wants Ghostbusters 3 To Get A Marvel Universe-Style Facelift
- SlashFilm: A Marvel-Like ‘Ghostbusters’ Universe Is In the Works, According to Dan Aykroyd
- FirstShowing.net: Dan Aykroyd Thinks Future of 'Ghostbusters' Can Apply Marvel Model
- Coming Soon: Dan Aykroyd Talks 'Ambitious Thinking' Behind Ghostbusters Reboot
- ScreenRant: Dan Aykroyd On Building ‘Ghostbusters’ Franchise Universe
- HitFix: Dan Aykroyd: Future 'Ghostbusters' movies will follow the Marvel model
- Digital Spy: Dan Akyroyd: 'I would love Jason Statham in Ghostbusters 3'
- Digital Spy: Colin Firth: 'I want to see Emma Stone in Ghostbusters 3'
- Dark Horizons: "Ghostbusters" Get A Cinematic Universe?
- Cinema Blend: Ghostbusters Wants To Build Its Own, Massive Marvel-Type Universe
- MovieWeb: 'Ghostbusters' Is Planning a Marvel Style Universe
Despite sadness at the great Roger Deakins not returning to reprise his role as cinematographer for Sam Mendes' BOND 24, we will be getting a very talented person behind the lens for 007's next adventure. Reports have Hoyte Van Hoytema taking over director of photography duties on the follow-up to SKYFALL. Most may not recognize the name Hoyte Van Hoytema, but you likely will know his work. The Swiss-born... Read More...
- Digital Spy: Her cinematographer Hoyte van Hoytema joins Sam Mendes on Bond 24
- FirstShowing.net: Cinematographer Hoyte van Hoytema Recruited by MI6 for 'Bond 24'
- Dark Horizons: New Posters: Interstellar, Fury, Wolves
- Rotten Tomatoes: News: Bond 24 Starts Production in December
- Shockya: New Interstellar Poster Finds Matthew McConaughey On Snowy Terrain
- Coming Soon: Matthew McConaughey is Looking to the Stars on the New Interstellar Poster
- The Playlist: Matthew McConaughey Gazes At The Stars In New Poster For Christopher Nolan's 'Interstellar'
- FirstShowing.net: Matthew McConaughey Gazes at the Cosmos on 'Interstellar' Poster
- Total Film: Bond 24 finds replacement for Roger Deakins
- Collider: Matthew McConaughey Looks to the Stars in Another INTERSTELLAR Poster, While Brad Pitt Is Bruised in New FURY Poster
- MovieWeb: 'Interstellar' Poster: Matthew McConaughey Looks to the Stars
We haven't heard much about Magic Mike XXL since the title was confirmed in March, and filmmaker Gregory Jacobs, who served as assistant director and producer on 2012's Magic Mike, signed on to direct the follow-up.
- We Got This Covered: Matthew McConaughey Won’t Flaunt His Abs For Magic Mike XXL
- Entertainment Weekly: Sorry, Matthew McConaughey isn’t returning for ‘Magic Mike XXL’
- Dark Horizons: McConaughey Out Of "Magic Mike XXL"
- Vulture: Matthew McConaughey Won't Be in Magic Mike XXL
- Screen Crush: 'Magic Mike XXL' Will Not Star Matthew McConaughey After All
- The Playlist: Exclusive: Matthew McConaughey Won’t Be Back For ‘Magic Mike XXL,’ Director Says Sequel Will Be “Very Different”
- Empire Magazine: No Matthew McConaughey For Magic Mike XXL
- SlashFilm: ‘Magic Mike XXL’ Won’t Feature Matthew McConaughey, Will Be Quite Different
- JoBlo: Matthew McConaughey won't be back for the very different Magic Mike XXL
- Collider: Matthew McConaughey Will Not Be Back for MAGIC MIKE XXL, Movie is “Very Different”
- ScreenRant: ‘Magic Mike 2′ Will Be ‘Very Different’; McConaughey Not Returning
Word came earlier this week that Matt Damon and director Paul Greengrass would return to the Bourne franchise for Universal, despite the pair’s seemingly definitive departure from the series after 2007’s The Bourne Ultimatum. That report indicated that the new film would supplant the already in development follow-up to the side-quel The Bourne Legacy, which starred Jeremy Renner.
- Digital Spy: Bourne producer: 'New Jeremy Renner movie is still moving forward'
- Dark Horizons: Two "Bourne" Films Still Being Developed
- Entertainment Weekly: Matt Damon and Paul Greengrass are ‘Bourne’ again. Are they Hollywood’s top actor/director pair?
- Cinema Blend: What The Bourne Franchise Will Do With Jeremy Renner When Matt Damon Returns
- The Playlist: Producer Says ‘Legacy’ Sequel With Jeremy Renner Still Moving Forward, But ‘Bourne’ With Matt Damon Could Be Delayed
- ScreenRant: ‘Bourne’ Producer On Matt Damon’s Return & ‘Bourne Legacy’ Sequel
- MovieWeb: 'Bourne 5' Producer Talks Return of Matt Damon and Jeremy Renner
- SlashFilm: Both ‘Bourne’ Movies Still In Development; Matt Damon and Paul Greengrass Not Locked
- FirstShowing.net: Paul Greengrass & Matt Damon's New Bourne May Not Come Quickly
- Collider: Paul Greengrass Could Direct Leonardo DiCaprio/Jonah Hill Project Before BOURNE 5; LEGACY Sequel Still Moving Forward
When visiting the Motor City, be sure to snap your very own shot of the Batmobile in action! That's the hint we're getting today as, following this morning's round of photos, comes Instagram video of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice's take on the iconic vehicle. Check it out in the player below, courtesy of "Shiva_Honey.""
- Coming Soon: New Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Set Photos Reveal the Batmobile in Action!
- Comic Book Movie: Videos: Great View Of Batmobile Car Chase On BATMAN v SUPERMAN Set
- Moviefone: See the Batmobile From 'Batman v Superman' in Action
- MovieWeb: Batmobile Fires Its Guns in 'Batman v Superman' Set Video
- Comic Book Movie: BATMAN v SUPERMAN: Incredible New Set Photos Of The Batmobile Racing Around Detroit
- JoBlo: New video and images of the batmobile in action on Batman v Superman set
- MovieWeb: Best Look Yet at 'Batman v Superman' Batmobile in Action!
- SlashFilm: See Awesome New Photos of the ‘Batman v Superman’ Batmobile on the Streets
- Cinema Blend: No One Has Ever Criticized Superman Returns In Front Of Brandon Routh
- Dark Horizons: Brandon Routh On "Arrow" & Being Superman
- Comic Book Movie: ARROW's Brandon Routh Reflects On SUPERMAN RETURNS; Confirms Costume For 'The Atom'
Judge, feuding and possible executionerWe’ve already had one trailer for The Judge, Robert Downey Jr.’s upcoming trip into dramatic territory, aiming to plough a more earnest furrow while also retaining the trademark charm we’ve come to expect. Check out the new promo below. Directed by Wedding Crashers' David Dobkin, The Judge follows big shot lawyer Hank Palmer (Downey Jr.) who reluctantly returns to his childhood home in small town Indiana when his mother dies.
- Deadline: Hot Trailer: Robert Downey Jr & Robert Duvall In ‘The Judge’
- Thompson on Hollywood: Watch: Robert Downey Jr. Passion Project 'The Judge' Gets New Trailer
- We Got This Covered: Robert Downey Jr. Loses The Iron Suit In Trailer For Father-Son Drama The Judge
- MovieWeb: Second 'The Judge' Trailer Starring Robert Downey Jr.
- The Playlist: Watch: New Trailer For The 'The Judge' With Robert Downey Jr. Steps Into The Great Cathedral Of Justice
- SlashFilm: ‘The Judge’ Trailer Starring Robert Downey Jr. and Robert Duvall
- HitFix: Robert Downey Jr. lays down some big city justice in newest 'Judge' trailer
- Cinema Blend: This Avengers 2 Trailer Only Contains Footage From Robert Downey Jr's Other Movie, The Judge
- FirstShowing.net: One More Trailer for Robert Downey Jr.'s Family Drama 'The Judge'
- Mania: The Judge: Full Trailer
- Empire Magazine: New Trailer For The Judge
Focus Features’ specialty label Focus World has acquired domestic distribution rights to Richard Loncraine's comedy “Ruth & Alex,” which stars Diane Keaton and Morgan Freeman, the company announced Wednesday. Cynthia Nixon co-stars in the film, which was written by Charlie Peters, who adapted Jill Ciment's book “Heroic Measures.” The movie made its world premiere earlier this month at the Toronto International Film Festival. Also read: Morgan Freeman Will Join Cast of ‘Ted 2' “Ruth & Alex” was produced by Lori McCreary and Tra
- Thompson on Hollywood: Focus World Grabs 'Ruth & Alex,' Starring Morgan Freeman & Diane Keaton
- Variety: Morgan Freeman and Diane Keaton’s ‘Ruth & Alex’ Sold to Focus for U.S. Distribution
- Hollywood Reporter: Toronto: Morgan Freeman, Diane Keaton's 'Ruth & Alex' Sells to Focus World
- IndieWire: Morgan Freeman-Diane Keaton Rom-Com 'Ruth & Alex' Picked Up By Focus World
- Deadline: Toronto: ‘Ruth & Alex’ Goes To Focus World
- Coming Soon: Focus World Takes Ruth & Alex
- Shock Till You Drop: New Poster for V/H/S: Viral Lands Ahead of World Premiere
- Cinema Blend: Morgan Freeman and Jack Huston Are Here To Make Ben-Hur Cool Again
Multiple sources report that "Doctor Strange" is in final negotiations to shoot at Pinewood Studios' U.K. facilities, rumored to begin in 2015.http://www.hitfix.com
- Digital Spy: Marvel's Doctor Strange to shoot in UK in 2015, release date confirmed
- Dark Horizons: "Doctor Strange" To Film In UK From May
- Rotten Tomatoes: News: Doctor Strange Dated for July 8, 2016
- AintItCool: Is DOCTOR STRANGE coming to us in July 2016?!!
- Cinema Blend: Doctor Strange Is Officially Happening, Here Are The Details
- FirstShowing.net: Marvel Shoots 'Doctor Strange' in 2015 for Likely Summer 2016 Debut
- Bleeding Cool: Things May Be Heating Up On Doctor Strange Movie
- IGN Movies: Doctor Strange to Reportedly Shoot in the UK
He's circling the Harlan Coben adaptationLiam Neeson has a new mission, to blend his action man successes with slightly deeper dramatic roles in the style of A Walk Among The Tombstones. Accordingly, Tombstones studio Universal is looking to land him as the lead in book adaptation Tell No One.Harlan Coben’s novel follows a doctor whose wife vanishes when they’re out at a lake getting romantic. He tries to find her, but is badly beaten, and when she turns up murdered the hubby becomes the prime suspect. Soon, however, suspicion points instead to a serial killer’s work.
- Digital Spy: Liam Neeson working on movie with U2 star Bono: 'He's a wonderful man'
- Dark Horizons: POTD: The Liam Neeson Kill Map
- Deadline: Liam Neeson Sweet On Harlan Coben’s ‘Tell No One’
- Cinema Blend: 5 Bold Ways Liam Neeson Can Save His Career Again
- Vulture: Bono and Liam Neeson Are Working on a Movie Together
- Dark Horizons: Liam Neeson Wanted For "Tell No One"
- Collider: Check out a Liam Neeson “Kill Map” Charting His Murders across His Movies
- MovieWeb: Liam Neeson Wanted for Mystery Thriller 'Tell No One'
We love blooper reels - those rare opportunities to see how our favorite actors and actresses behave out of character. And we've got our exclusive paws on a great one. If you've seen Two Faces Of January, you'll know it's a pretty serious drama. But if you were to judge on the below four minutes - which features Viggo Mortensen grabbing groins and gurning - you'd assume it was a comedy. Click the video below to see Star Wars star Oscar Isaac, Kirsten Dunst and Viggo having a right old laugh.
- Variety: ‘Star Wars’ Provides Disney with a ‘Huge Opportunity’
- Digital Spy: Anthony Daniels says Star Wars Episode 7's C-3PO won't be CGI
- Thompson on Hollywood: 'Boyhood' Star Patricia Arquette Will Campaign for Supporting Actress Oscar
- Hollywood Reporter: Even C-3PO Will Forgo CGI in 'Star Wars: Episode VII'
- Cinema Blend: Star Wars 7 Just Added The One Thing J.J. Abrams Always Needs
- SlashFilm: Star Wars Bits: Theories on Episode VII X-Wings and Stormtroopers, Star Wars Rebels, C-3PO
- HitFix: Anthony 'C-3PO' Daniels: On 'Star Wars Episode 7,' 'awful' prequel CG and pesky Ewoks
Just in case you thought that JUSTICE LEAGUE wasn’t getting enough attention due to the release of BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE, have no fear, an animated series to hold you over is here! The Zack Snyder directed JUSTICE LEAGUE is set for a release after BATMAN V SUPERMAN hits in 2016, a considerable amount of time to wait some might say. So perhaps in an effort to bring attention to the brand,... Read More...
- We Got This Covered: Justice League: Gods And Monsters Chronicles Animated Series Coming To Machinima In 2015
- Comic Book Movie: Machinima To Launch Three-Part JUSTICE LEAGUE: GODS & MONSTERS Animated Series
- Variety: Machinima Lands Exclusive Animated ‘Justice League’ Series
- Dark Horizons: Animated "Justice League" To Hit Machinima
- IGN Movies: Three-Part Justice League Toon in the Works
- SlashFilm: Page 2: Indiana Jones, Hook, Monsters Inc, Frozen, Star Wars, Last of Us, Doctor Who, ET, LEGO, Neil Patrick Harris
- ScreenRant: 5 Movie Monsters We Hope Are Never Actually Discovered
Boardwalk Empire actor Jack Huston will star in the Ben-Hur remake as the titular character for MGM and Paramount. Huston (Kill Your Darlings, American Hustle) will portray Judah Ben-Hur, according to Deadline. Charlton Heston won an Academy Award playing that same role in the 1959 movie, though reports state this new film will have more in common with the book. Jack Huston as Richard Harrow on Boardwalk Empire.Continue reading…
- Rotten Tomatoes: News: Jack Huston Joins Ben-Hur
- Entertainment Weekly: Casting Net: Jack Huston to star as title role in ‘Ben-Hur’ remake
- FirstShowing.net: 'Boardwalk Empire' Star Jack Huston Takes Lead in 'Ben-Hur' Remake
- ScreenRant: ‘Ben-Hur’ Casts ‘Boardwalk Empire’ Actor Jack Huston as the Lead
- Total Film: Jack Huston will star in Ben-Hur remake
And it's not going to stop, until you wise up. No It's not going to stop until you just give up... the Internet and social media. Jason Reitman's got a new drama and it's called "Men, Women & Children." It's got a terrific ensemble cast, Emma Thompson, Adam Sandler, Jennifer Garner, Judy Greer, Kaitlyn Dever (“Short Term 12,”) Rosemarie DeWitt, Ansel Elgort (“The Fault In Our Stars”) Dean Norris (“Breaking Bad”), J.K. Simmons, Dennis Haysbert and Elena Kampouris (“Labor Day”). But reviews out of Toronto, where the film premiered, were decidedly mixed.
- Coming Soon: The New Trailer for Jason Reitman's Men, Women & Children
- FirstShowing.net: Watch: Second Trailer for Jason Reitman's 'Men, Women & Children'
- Deadline: Hot Trailer: Jason Reitman’s ‘Men, Women & Children’
- SlashFilm: New ‘Men Women and Children’ Trailer: We Just Can’t Connect
- MovieWeb: Second 'Men, Women &amp; Children' Trailer Starring Jennifer Garner
She's up for Ridley Scott's sci-fiRidley Scott is splitting his time between putting the final touches on Exodus: Gods And Kings and preparing to make his next film, sci-fi adaptation The Martian.
- Deadline: Kate Mara Offered Role In Ridley Scott’s ‘The Martian’
- Collider: Kate Mara Offered Role in Ridley Scott’s THE MARTIAN, What Does This New Film Mean for BLADE RUNNER 2 and PROMETHEUS 2?
- MovieWeb: Kate Mara Offered a Role in Ridley Scott's 'The Martian'
- Coming Soon: Kate Mara Sought for Ridley Scott's The Martian
- Digital Spy: Ridley Scott's The Martian casts Mackenzie Davis
In Kevin Smith’s fantasy horror flick TUSK, both Genesis Rodriguez and Haley Joel Osment play girlfriend and best pal to Justin Long’s shock podcaster Wallace. When they discover he is missing somewhere in Canada, they are on the hunt for their AWOL pal. Unfortunately they have no idea what exactly is happening to him and it may be far more macabre than they could ever imagine. Of course Ms.... Read More...
- USA Today: Haley Joel Osmont: Grown up and playing a...Nazi?
- Chud: Review: Tusk
- Shock Till You Drop: The Bloodcast 91: Will the Academy Respect Horror, and, Tusk Talk
- USA Today: Kevin Smith begins a Canuck trilogy with 'Tusk'
- Dread Central: See Tusk Thursday and Get Your Name in the Credits
- JoBlo: New design featurette and poster for Kevin Smith's Tusk
PLOT: When a young man named Thomas is quite literally deposited in a sort of fast moving elevator into the unknown, he finds himself in a strange new world. Terrified, he is taken in by a group of boys who have created their own society that they cannot escape from thanks to the walls of a massive maze which surrounds them. REVIEW: As far as young-adult feature film adaptations, the latest entitled THE MAZE... Read More...
- Variety: Box Office: ‘Maze Runner’ Will Outrace ‘Walk Among the Tombstones’
- Hollywood Reporter: Box-Office Preview: Boys Could Propel 'Maze Runner' to Strong $30 Million-Plus Debut
- Screen Crush: Is 'The Maze Runner' Surprisingly Not Bad? (And 24 Other Urgent Questions)
- The Wrap: ‘Maze Runner’ Should Outmuscle Liam Neeson's ‘Tombstones’ and ‘This Is Where I Leave You’ at Box Office
- JoBlo: Forget 4DX. The Maze Runner to debut on Barco Escape 270 degree screens
- Film School Rejects: The Most Puzzling Thing About ‘The Maze Runner’ and Maybe Movies In General
More Arrow news, this time it’s the release of the seasons promotional poster. You’ll end up seeing this a lot over the next few months and most likely it will be the cover for the DVD / Blu-ray cases this time next year. This image here may be a bit symbolic as we pull further back than we had in the previous two season posters revealing a much bigger world… which may go along with the idea that the series has expanded into a spin-off with The Flash.
- Dark Horizons: "Arrow" Gets A Third Season Poster
- We Got This Covered: Brandon Routh Teases The Atom’s Costume On Arrow, Plus New Images From Season Premiere
- Comic Book Movie: New ARROW Season 3 Promo Art
- Comic Book Movie: Deleted Season 2 ARROW Scenes Featuring Couple With 10x More Heat Than Olicity
On Monday we showed you the great new trailer for THE HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY – PART 1; there’s definitely going to be war folks! Although it might take two moves to see an end to this war, there’s no denying that it’s going to be a great journey to the end of this thing. It looks like it has a more militaristic feel this time around, which you can also see from the... Read More...
- ScreenRant: ‘The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1′ High-Res Image Gallery
- SlashFilm: Katniss Is Ready for Battle in New ‘Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1′ Images
- Coming Soon: The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1 Reveals More Than 20 New Images
- MovieWeb: 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1' Photos Reunite Katniss and Gale
"An ice cold knockout." Easily one of my favorite films of the year, Force Majeure from Swedish director Ruben Östlund is an entertaining dark comedy that everyone has been falling for once they get the chance to see it. Johannes Bah Kuhnke & Lisa Loven Kongsli star as the parents of a family on a skiing vacation in the French alps. When a freak avalanche causes the family to scramble for survival, it screws up the rest of their trip and things only seem to be getting crazier.
- IndieWire: Watch: Cannes Winner 'Force Majeure' Trailer is Beautifully Baffling
- The Playlist: Watch: First U.S. Trailer For Cannes Film Fest Hit ‘Force Majeure’
- HitFix: Trailer for Sweden's Oscar submission, 'Force Majeure,' touts caustic comedy
- MovieWeb: 'Force Majeure' Trailer Unleashes a Deadly Avalanche
This is a reprint of our review from the 2014 Toronto International Film Festival. The proverb/cliché “you can never go home again” is arguably rooted in dysfunction. Hollywood will always contrive to make characters return home and face family melodrama whether they are willing or not, whether it be a reunion, a marriage, or of course, the one obligation almost impossible to escape: a funeral.
- Long Island Newsday: How Tina Fey and 'This Is Where I Leave You' cast bonded while filming on Long Island
- Total Film: Jason Bateman talks character creation
- HitFix: Adam Driver and Corey Stoll on Beating Each Other Up
- We Got This Covered: This Is Where I Leave You Review
Dennis Haysbert has lined up two major projects today as The Wrap reports that the "24" star has signed on for both the Crackle-produced video game adaptation Dead Rising and Seth MacFarlane's Ted 2.
“Where there’s smoke there’s fire” can be an annoying idiom in the world of movie journalism (or fan blogging or whatever you want to call it set photo speculation these days), because it can be the broadest excuse for 2+2=5 logic. But in the case of Susanne Bier’s long-delayed film “Serena” starring Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence, the writing has been scrawled visibly on the wall for more than a year.
- Thompson on Hollywood: What Really Happened to 'Serena,' Starring Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence
- SlashFilm: Magnolia Picks Up Jennifer Lawrence’s ‘Serena’ Because No One Else Will
- Dark Horizons: "Serena" Delayed As No-One Wanted It?
Columbia Pictures has brought online a new poster for writer/director David Ayer's Fury, opening in theaters on October 14. It bears the tagline, "War Never Ends Quietly," which ties back into the film's central theme, which Ayer explains in greater detail right here. Check it out in the gallery viewer below!
Today, Adam Wingard & Simon Barrett's latest thriller The Guest hits limited theaters, and if it's playing nearby, you need to make sure to see it. But if for some reason you're not convinced yet, Hobo with a Shotgun director Jason Eisener was commissioned to cut an alternate trailer that shows off how slick, fun and bad ass this indie thriller really is. Dan Stevens is likely going to be a big star, even if this movie doesn't do the trick, and you can see how charming, dashing and fantastic he is just in this brief trailer.
- AintItCool: Capone visits with THE GUEST star Dan Stevens, director Adam Wingard, and writer Simon Barrett
- Badass Digest: Badass Interview: Welcoming THE GUEST Home - A Q&A With Adam Wingard And Simon Barrett
- AintItCool: Capone credits Dan Stevens' performance as the key to THE GUEST being all kinds of twisted goodness
A Walk Among the Tombstones writer and director Scott Frank talks to ComingSoon.net about bringing Lawrence Block's flawed P.I. Matthew Scudder back to the big screen with Liam Neeson starring.
- We Got This Covered: A Walk Among The Tombstones Review
- IGN Movies: A Walk Among the Tombstones Review
- JoBlo: Exclusive 1:1 Interview: A Walk Among the Tombstones Star Dan Stevens!
When I think of late Eighties/Early nineties comedies, Problem Child is one of those movies that oddly sticks with me. There was just something about seeing a kid who was my age up there on the big screen, raising absolute havoc. The film’ story is about a couple (John Ritter and Amy Yasbeck) who can’t conceive and decide to adopt. They’re then saddled with Junior, the titular character who loves to terrorize everything and everyone around him. It has elements of gross out and wish-fulfillment comedy, and was kind of good for the time.
Marvel Entertainment, “Star Trek” actor George Takei and Los Angeles County Supervisor Zev Yaroslavsky will be honored Nov. 8 at the Los Angeles LGBT Center's 45th Anniversary Gala Vanguard Awards. Also read: Streamy Awards Big Winners Include ‘Video Game High School,’ LGBT Vlogger Tyler Oakley “As we celebrate the 45th anniversary of the world's largest provider of programs and services for LGBT people, we're excited to honor some very deserving Super Heroes in our movement,” said the center's CEO Lorri L.
- Hollywood Reporter: Zachary Quinto Says Third 'Star Trek' Will Be Shooting Within 6 Months
- Dark Horizons: Next "Star Trek" Shoots Early Next Year?
TNT is the official TV home of upcoming Marvel movies. The network announced Wednesday that it has secured the network television premiere rights to five upcoming Marvel Studios feature films, including “Avengers: Age of Ultron” and the third installment of the “Captain America” franchise. Also read: Marvel's ‘Agent Carter’ Casts ‘Jupiter Ascending’ Star James D'Arcy Each of the five films is tentatively scheduled to premiere on TNT a little over two years after its theatrical release.
- We Got This Covered: TNT Buys Rights To 5 Marvel Movies, Including Avengers: Age Of Ultron
- Comic Book Movie: Marvel's Next Five Films To Air On TNT Two Years After Its Official Release
Corniche Pictures As if by magic, music somehow repeatedly allows movies to get away with things that wouldn’t work in any other context. Musicals regularly violate all rules of social behavior, featuring characters suddenly engaged in exquisitely choreographed yet seemingly spontaneous song and dance. Film scores lend scenes emotional weight unmatched by the actors’ performances alone.
Not everybody watches quite as many films as some of us. There are those where getting out to a theatre isn't a weekly (or, in my case, daily) occurrence, where the schlepp of getting there, standing in line, getting a ticket, and spending a few hours in a darkened theatre requires a bit of patience and a lot of conviction. Normally there are event films that draw people in, big spectacles that just can't be replicated at home.
- Entertainment Weekly: Bill Murray looks like a god in the first ‘St. Vincent’ poster
- Hollywood Reporter: Bill Murray Is No Angel in First 'St. Vincent' Poster
"Gone Girl" director David Fincher bemoans the Hollywood mindset that makes movies into Big Macs and scuttled his proposed "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea" remake.http://www.hitfix.com
- FirstShowing.net: David Fincher Chats Up '20,000 Leagues' & More in Playboy Interview
- Hollywood Reporter: David Fincher Cast Ben Affleck in 'Gone Girl' After Googling His Smile
Damn I wish I was eligible for this giveaway. NBC's Hannibal might be the best looking show on network (or cable, for that matter) television. It's so well shot, gory and archly funny that Blu-ray is really the only option (don't forget that even those 1080p iTunes downloads are still compressed). And Halloween: The Complete Collection captures all of the films in that series, from John Carpenter's all-time original on down to Rob Zombie's two interpretations. This also includes a pristine remaster of the long-lost producer's cut of Halloween 6: The Curse of Michael Myers.
What good is a vampire's strength in a fight when he can be bested by a handful of pocket change? That's the question raised by the latest clip from Dracula Untold. Luke Evans' Vlad Tepes, who has recently been cursed by vampirism, is challenged to a sword fight by Mehmed (Dominic Cooper), a warrior who proves to have the upper hand with his stash of hidden cash, revealing that silver is a vamp's biggest weakness.
- Horror Society: New ‘Dracula Untold’ Clip Shows A Castle Under Attack!
- Comic Book Movie: Luke Evans Detests Silver & Sunlight In 2 New DRACULA UNTOLD Clips
Sony has acquired Jason Padgett's memoir “Struck by Genius” and will develop it as a potential starring vehicle for Channing Tatum, an individual with knowledge of the project told TheWrap. Tatum is set to produce with his Free Association partners Reid Carolin and Peter Kiernan, alongside Michael Costigan.
David Hayter, acclaimed writer behind such seminal superhero movies as the original X-Men and director Zack Snyder's Watchmen, makes his own directorial debut with the horror thriller Wolves. Collider has an exclusive look at the poster, which promises to unleash this beast in theaters November 14, after its VOD release on October 16, just in time for Halloween.David Hayter also wrote Wolves, which follows a high school boy who discovers that he is slowly transforming into a werewolf.
- Shock Till You Drop: Jason Momoa-Starring Wolves Is Coming This October
Ant-Man began filming in San Francisco last month, but has now moved to Pinewood Studios in Atlanta, Georgia, where Evangeline Lilly decided to have a little fun, posting an image of herself with her costars, giving us our first look at David Dastmalchian and T.I. (aka Tip Harris). While the grainy black and white photo looks innocent enough, it must contain some sort of hidden clue or possible spoiler that Marvel doesn't want anyone to know about just yet. Shortly after posting the image, Marvel had it removed from Evangeline Lilly's personal Instagram account.
- Cinema Blend: Ant-Man Might Have More Villains Than We Thought
C-3PO actor Anthony Daniels has revealed that he won't just be voicing the lovable (but sometimes irritating) protocol droid in Star Wars: Episode VII, but actually acting as him in a practical suit as well. In an Entertainment Weekly interview, Daniels said that director J.J. Abrams initially asked if he'd be up for just voicing C-3PO. That drew an emphatic no from Daniels. "He knew I’d say that," said Daniels when referring to his negative response about just voicing a CGI Threepio. "There’s no way I would just do the voice. I also said that it can’t be the same suit.
Mandalay Pictures This year brings us the 10th edition of Fantastic Fest, the biggest and boldest genre film festival in the United States and the creation of the minds who brought the world the wonderful Alamo Drafthouse theater chain. As longtime FSR readers will note, we’ve been covering this thing for a number of years. We’ve seen blood spilt, psyches tortured, evils emerge from the depths and heroes triumph. We’ve seen the festival’s founder dress up like Kim Jong-Un and a number of in-person roundhouse kicks from legendary action stars.
- Thompson on Hollywood: Fantastic Fest Preview: 10 Must-See Films
According to a Deadline report, Fox has given a put pilot commitment to Warner Bros TV for Lucifer. Developed by Californication creator Tom Kapinos. A put pilot commitment means that the network has agreed to air the pilot or will owe a substantial monetary penalty to the studio. Lucifer is a DC Comics character that first appeared in a the Vertigo series The Sandman and then got a spinoff series of his own.
- Film School Rejects: ‘Lucifer’ Could Kick Off a New Age For TV Comic Book Adaptations
King Kong origin story Skull Island has secured an A-list name to head up its ensemble, with Tom Hiddleston set to take the lead in the forthcoming prequel. The project has also officially announced the appointment of a director, with The Kings Of Summer helmer Jordan Vogt-Roberts set to step behind the camera. The new film will be scripted by Godzilla’s Max Borenstein and will be set almost entirely upon the titular island, on which Kong and a whole host of other extraordinary creatures will be found.
- Mania: Loki for King Kong Prequel
After taking something of a left turn with his latest, the lighthearted TV miniseries "P'tit Quinquin," Bruno Dumont is moving in yet another interesting, unforeseen direction.
James D’Arcy, who played Anthony Perkins in Hitchock opposite of Anthony Hopkins and also as the villain in the recent comedy Let’s Be Cops, is going to be very busy. Besides being attached to the second season of the BBC’s Broadchurch, he has now signed on to Marvel’s Agent Carter to play Edwin Jarvis. In the comics, Jarvis is Tony Stark’s loyal butler who is loaned out to run Avengers Mansion. In the films it is the name of Stark’s AI assistant voiced by Paul Bettany.
- Total Film: James D’Arcy will play Jarvis in Agent Carter
“Zodiac's” John Carroll Lynch is preparing to play another monster, as he's set to play Jerry Sandusky opposite Al Pacino in Brian De Palma's Joe Paterno movie “Happy Valley,” multiple individuals familiar with the project have told TheWrap. Pacino will star as Penn State football coach Joe Paterno, whose legend took a major hit when it was revealed that he knew former defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky was molesting children and did little to stop it in order to protect the reputation of his prized pigskin program. Sandusky was discovered with a child in
John Leguizamo (Ride Along, Chef), Nick Sandow ("Orange is the New Black") and Merritt Wever have joined the cast of the Bron Studios drama Meadowland opposite the previously announced Olivia Wilde, Luke Wilson, Elisabeth Moss, Giovanni Ribisi, Ty Simpkins, Scott Mescudi (aka Kid Cudi), Mark Feuerstein, Kevin Corrigan and Juno Temple.
By Christopher Helton On the heels of the news that Days of Wonder had been acquired by board game company Asmodee, the company has announced the release of Five Tribes, a new skill-driven board game set in “fabled Sultanate of Naqala.” Featuring a new twist on “worker displacement” mechanics from designer Bruno Cathala (designer of Shadows Over Camelot and other games), Days of Wonder describes the new game as “As befitting a Days of Wonder game, the rules are straightforward and easy to learn.
The first of what is sure to be many The Hobbit: The Battle of The Five Armies character posters has been revealed as this franchise comes to its epic conclusion in December. Check out Lee Pace as Thranduil in the defining chapter of director Peter Jackson's epic fantasy adventure.Thranduil, son of Oropher, was an Elven king who ruled over the Woodland Realm in the Second and Third Ages. Though inherently cautious, he eventually committed his kingdom to fighting Sauron in the War of the Ring.
Relativity Studios has announced release dates for its Halle Berry thriller “Kidnap” and the Kate Beckinsale movie “The Disappointments Room,” both of which will hit theaters next fall. Relativity will release “The Disappointments Room” on Sept. 25, 2015 and “Kidnap” on Oct. 9, 2015. D.J.
Hey fanboys, shame on you for not noticing this earlier. Walter White from Breaking Bad makes a blink-and-you-miss-it cameo in Gareth Edwards' Godzilla! First-spotted by an eagle-eyed /Film reader, Walter White -- the character that Bryan Cranston famously portrayed on Breaking Bad -- appears in the first 50 seconds of the film, when Cranston's name credit shows up on screen. See if you can spot the reference, around the :45-second mark, below: Continue reading…
"I was happy kid. I play game. I play hockey." Sony Classics has unveiled their official US trailer for Gabe Polsky's documentary Red Army, about hockey player Viacheslav "Slava" Fetisov and the monstrous USSR hockey team during the Cold War. The doc has been playing at film festivals–see the first trailer–all summer, from Cannes to Telluride, and will be hitting US theaters in January next year. In the meantime, this trailer has arrived to remind you that this doc is awesome and you will want to see it, even if you're a big hockey nerd and know this story already.
It's been imitated and remade, but never equaled. Tobe Hooper's The Texas Chainsaw Massacre rose from a notorious 1974 sleeper sensation to rank as one of the greatest horror films ever made. Now, to mark the film's 40th anniversary, Dark Sky Films is presenting the digitally re-mastered masterpiece on Blu-ray for the first time in a stunning Limited Deluxe "Black Maria" Collector's Edition box set. And we have an exclusive look at this release, available now.
Following the first clip that debuted last month, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has released the first trailer for The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug Extended Edition, which arrives on Blu-ray 3D and Blu-ray on November 4.
- Comic Book Movie: Trailer For THE HOBBIT: THE DESOLATION OF SMAUG Extended Edition Hits
THE SAFETY OF GOTHAM IS UP IN THE AIR ON AN ALL-NEW “GOTHAM” MONDAY, OCTOBER 6, ON FOX Detectives Gordon and Bullock track down a vigilante who is killing corrupt Gotham citizens by attaching them to weather balloons. Meanwhile, Oswald Cobblepot returns to Gotham and gets a new job close to an influential figure in the underworld in the all-new “The Balloonman” episode of GOTHAM airing Monday, Oct. 6 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.
- Comic Book Movie: AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. S2, E03 Title & Description Released; 'Blizzard' To Return
- Dark Horizons: "Gotham" Showrunner Talks Future Villains
- Comic Book Movie: GOTHAM Showrunner Talks Future Villains; Teases Possible 'Killer Croc' Appearance
- Comic Book Movie: New Promo Pics From GOTHAM S1.02: "Selina Kyle"
- Comic Book Movie: Gordon Pouts & Penguin Goes Clubbing In First GOTHAM Clip
- Comic Book Movie: GOTHAM Viral Site Lets You Be The "Detective"
Warner Bros. is planning “substantial” budget cuts but hasn't settled on a number of layoffs, a company spokesperson told TheWrap on Wednesday. “The plans are still in process,” Dee Dee Myers, Warner Bros.’ EVP of corporate communications said. “We're reducing costs and it will result in reduced overhead, but the plans are not done.” As part of a plan put in place a year ago each division will decide on how to manage cuts to meet an overall budget figure that the company has not disclosed.
Welcome to Screen Rant’s “Geek Picks,” where we collect the finest movie-related geekery from around the Web. Today you’ll find a Harry Potter ring; Law & Order: KFC; 35 jobs that no longer exist; what it would look like if Sims were self-aware; and how you can own your very own pair of Back to the Future 2 shoes.
He is a guest star no more. Gunther, the original and most famous barista from the 1990s, was the star and host as a real, albeit temporary, “Central Perk” from “Friends” opened in NYC's Soho last night. The memorabilia-laden pop-up opened to the public Wednesday. Warner Bros. Television and Consumer Products’ co-promotion will pour free coffee through October 18. Also read: Jimmy Kimmel's ‘Friends’ Reunion Amasses 13 Million-Plus YouTube Views The pilot and series finale scripts signed by the cast, and the inside of Central Perk.
- Comic Book Movie: THE FLASH & ARROW Casts Unite, New Featurette Explores S.T.A.R. Labs CEO
- Comic Book Movie: SUPERHEROSTUFF: 15th Anniversary Sale - Day 9 - Batman's Turn!