Top Movie News for July 6, 2015
Entertainment Weekly has the scoop on Disney and Lucasfilm's Comic-Con plans for Star Wars: The Force Awakens, and it's more than a little underwhelming, a word which seems to fairly accurately sum up this year's event so far. The Hall H panel will not include a new trailer or even a clip from the movie; in fact, the trailer isn't expected to debut until this Fall. So, what will happen on Friday? Well, there will be a behind the scenes look at the movie (featuring behind the scenes footage and interviews), while J.J.
- The Playlist: 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Not Showing Any Footage Or Clips At Comic-Con, Next Trailer Not Until The Fall
- Screen Crush: 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Will Not Show a New Trailer or Footage at Comic-Con 2015
- ScreenRant: ‘Star Wars': No New ‘Force Awakens’ Footage at Comic-Con 2015
- Latino Review: SDCC 2015: No New Trailer, No Film Clips for 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' at Comic-Con This Week
- Badass Digest: STAR WARS Is Bringing No New Footage To Comic-Con
- SlashFilm: When Will We See a New ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Trailer? Not at Comic Con 2015
- JoBlo: Star Wars: The Force Awakens will not debut new trailer or clips at SDCC
- Dark Horizons: No "Force Awakens" Footage At Comic Con
- Entertainment Weekly: 'Star Wars' at Comic-Con: What you'll see (J.J. Abrams and Co.) and what you won't (new trailer)
- MovieWeb: No New 'Star Wars 7' Trailer or Footage Planned for Comic Con
- We Got This Covered: Action Star Donnie Yen Joining Star Wars Episode VIII?
- Cinema Blend: Star Wars: Episode 8 Wants To Cast Hong Kong Action Star As A Jedi
- We Got This Covered: DICE Trumpets Replay Value Of Single-Player Missions In Star Wars Battlefront
- AintItCool: Donnie Yen rumored to wield lightsaber in an upcoming Star Wars film!
- Dark Horizons: Donnie Yen Sought For Eighth "Star Wars"?
- Badass Digest: Donnie Yen Might Be Joining The STAR WARS Franchise
- AintItCool: This Week In Star Wars: General Rieekan, Bail Organa and more Ralph McQuarrie!
- Latino Review: 'Star Wars' News: Actor Donnie Yen Signs on to 'Episode VIII' and 'Rogue One' Starts Filming
- SlashFilm: Hong Kong Action Star Donnie Yen Rumored for ‘Star Wars: Episode VIII’ Role
- MovieWeb: 'Star Wars 8' Wants Hong Kong Action Star Donnie Yen?
- Screen Crush: Chinese Badass Donnie Yen May Be Joining a 'Star Wars' Movie
- SlashFilm: Cool Stuff: Fandango’s ‘Indiana Jones’ and ‘Star Wars’ Posters
- ScreenRant: ‘Star Wars’ Rumor: Donnie Yen To Appear In Upcoming Film
- IGN Movies: Donnie Yen Reportedly Cast in Star Wars: Episode 8
- Film School Rejects: The Star Wars 8 Rumor We Hope Is True
With Comic Con hitting this week we’ll learn a lot more about projects that are coming up in the next couple years, especially on the superhero front. But even before the big event begins, we’ve got a couple rumors about possible developments for two films we’ll be talking about over the next couple years. One is Doctor Strange, and the rumor isn’t entirely dismissible.
- AintItCool: Rachel McAdams is in negotiations to join DOCTOR STRANGE, confirmed
- Moviefone: Rumor Alert: Rachel McAdams May Play 'Doctor Strange' Female Lead
- Badass Digest: Rachel McAdams Rumored To Be Offered DOCTOR STRANGE Role
- Cinema Blend: Doctor Strange Might Offer Rachel McAdams A Major Role
- We Got This Covered: Rachel McAdams Offered Key Role In Doctor Strange?
- Dark Horizons: Rachel McAdams Up For "Doctor Strange"
- Screen Crush: Rachel McAdams in Talks to Join Marvel's 'Doctor Strange'
- Comic Book Movie: RUMOR: TRUE DETECTIVE'S Rachel McAdams Offered Female Lead In DOCTOR STRANGE
- The Playlist: Rumor: Marvel Offers 'Doctor Strange' Female Lead To Rachel McAdams
- JoBlo: Rumor: Rachel McAdams has been offered the female lead in Doctor Strange
- MovieWeb: 'Doctor Strange' Wants Rachel McAdams as the Female Lead?
- Total Film: Rachel McAdams rumored for Doctor Strange
- ScreenRant: ‘Doctor Strange’ Rumor: Rachel McAdams Offered Female Lead
- We Got This Covered: Does Fox Want Bryan Singer To Direct Fantastic Four 2?
- Comic Book Movie: Apparently Fox Wants Bryan Singer To Direct FANTASTIC FOUR 2 En Route To X-MEN Crossover
- IndieWire: Watch: Rachel McAdams Wants Jake Gyllenhaal Out of the Ring in 'Southpaw' Clip
- Thompson on Hollywood: Watch: Jake Gyllenhaal and Rachel McAdams Are Actors with a Capital A in 'Southpaw' Clip
- Cinema Blend: Will Bryan Singer Change Superhero Franchises?
- The Playlist: What Was I Watching Before? Bryan Singer Says 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Is "The True Birth Of The X-Men"
- JoBlo: Nothing says Fantastic Four like...Denny's The Thing burger?
- Bleeding Cool: New Fantastic Four TV Spot Continues To Build Buzz
- The Playlist: Josh Trank Promises 'Fantastic Four' Will Be "An Epic, Massive, Huge, Multipower Slugfest"
- MovieWeb: 'Fantastic Four' TV Spot Has a New Look at Doom
If we were able to go back in time a year and change and notify our slightly younger selves that not only has ANT-MAN been receiving positive pre-release buzz but that folks are actually now looking forward to the film, we'd laugh in our own faces. Marvel's conclusion to Phase 2 of their Cinematic Universe has endured more than its fair share of criticism thanks in part to Edgar... Read More...
- Comic Book Movie: Get To Know 'Scott Lang's' ANT-MAN Heist Crew In Latest Featurette
- Comic Book Movie: Find Out How 'Scott Lang' Steals The ANT-MAN Suit In Extended "The Heist" Clip
- Coming Soon: Ant-Man Clip: Scott Lang Breaks Into a Place and Steals Some Stuff
- The Playlist: Why Is Marvel Giving Up The Surprises Of 'Ant-Man'? TV Spot Reveals Cameo Plus New Heist Clip
- USA Today: Clip: Learning the power of the 'Ant-Man' suit
- Vulture: Oops: This New Ant-Man Commercial May Have Spoiled Its Big Avengers Reveal
- Vulture: Ant-Man Works Almost Too Well As a ’50s Horror B-Movie
- USA Today: This 'Ant-Man' commercial has a big spoiler
- We Got This Covered: Final Ant-Man Trailer Looks To The Avengers For Help; Viral Video And Cameo Strengthen Ties With MCU
- USA Today: 'No-nonsense' Lilly blooms with 'Ant-Man'
- USA Today: Paul Rudd and Michael Douglas in Ant-Man.
- Digital Spy: An Avengers superhero surprises Paul Rudd in Marvel's brand new Ant-Man teaser
- Coming Soon: Ant-Man Wasp Spotlight: The History of Janet van Dyne
- Cinema Blend: Why Ant-Man Is Marvel's Most Relatable Superhero, According To Paul Rudd
- Latino Review: Avenger Cameo Featured In This New 'Ant-Man' TV Spot; Plus New UK Trailer
- Screen Crush: New 'Ant-Man' TV Spot Gives Away a Big Marvel Cameo
- SlashFilm: ‘Ant-Man’ TV Spot Teases Avenger Cameo
- JoBlo: New Ant-Man international TV spot spoils Avenger cameo
- Entertainment Weekly: 'Ant-Man': Looks like at least one Avenger is in the movie...
- Fandango Movie Blog: News Briefs: 'Hello Kitty' Movie Coming; Watch 'Ant-Man' Ask for Avengers Assistance in New Trailer
- SlashFilm: Superhero Bits: Agents of SHIELD, Agent Carter, Ant-Man, Daredevil, Batgirl, X-Men, Suicide Squad
- Comic Book Movie: Peyton Reed Teases Microverse In ANT-MAN And Reveals His And Edgar Wright's Contributions
Omar comin’…to the Assassin’s Creed movie. Earlier today we reported on Michael K. Williams’ casting in Paul Feig’s Ghostbusters, but the actor has also lined up another role in a big franchise film. Williams has joined the cast of the upcoming Assassin’s Creed movie from director Justin Kurzel. Continue reading…
- Empire Magazine: Assassin's Creed Adds Michael Kenneth Williams
- MovieWeb: 'Ghostbusters' & 'Assassin's Creed' Get Michael K. Williams
- Variety: Michael K. Williams Lands Key Roles in ‘Assassin’s Creed,’ ‘Ghostbusters’ (EXCLUSIVE)
- Coming Soon: Michael K. Williams Joins Assassin’s Creed
- We Got This Covered: Michael K. Williams Joins Ghostbusters And Assassin’s Creed
- SlashFilm: ‘Ghostbusters’ Adds Michael K. Williams, Andy Garcia, and Matt Walsh
- Screen Crush: Paul Feig's 'Ghostbusters' Adds Andy Garcia, Michael K. Williams, and More
- Entertainment Weekly: 'Ghostbusters' adds Andy Garcia and Michael K. Williams to the cast
- ScreenRant: ‘Assassin’s Creed': Michael K. Williams In Talks For Key Role
- Coming Soon: Ghostbusters Cast: Andy Garcia and Michael K. Williams Join the 2016 Release
- Moviefone: Andy Garcia, Michael K. Williams Join 'Ghostbusters'
- AintItCool: Andy Garcia, Michael K. Williams and Matt Walsh Join the Cast of GHOSTBUSTERS!
- Vulture: Michael K. Williams and Andy Garcia Got the Call for Ghostbusters
- Horror-Movies.ca: Andy Garcia and Michael K. Williams join ‘Ghostbusters’
- The Wrap: ‘Ghostbusters’ Casts Andy Garcia, Cecily Strong, Michael K. Williams in Sony’s Paul Feig Reboot (Exclusive)
- Total Film: Andy Garcia and Michael K. Williams join Ghostbusters
- JoBlo: Andy Garcia, Michael K. Williams, and more join the Ghostbusters reboot
- IGN Movies: The Wire Star Cast in Assassin's Creed, Ghostbusters
- ScreenRant: ‘Ghostbusters’ Reboot Casts Andy Garcia and Michael K. Williams
- Dark Horizons: "Wire" Star Joins "Creed," "Ghostbusters"
Legendary producer was 77Ocean’s Eleven producer Jerry Weintraub, a man almost as well known for his sense of showmanship in life as the movies he made, has died at the age of 77.Born in Brooklyn in 1937, Weintraub was raised in the Bronx and obsessed with cinema. In his teenage years, he’d sneaked in to the local Lowes Paradise Theater so often that the manager offered him a job as an usher. He ditched high school at 17 for the Air Force and then used the G.I. Bill to fund his education at Sanford Meisner’s Neighbourhood Playhouse.
- Hollywood Reporter: Producer Jerry Weintraub Dies at 77
- Deadline: Jerry Weintraub Dies: ‘Karate Kid’ & ‘Ocean’s’ Producer And Multiple Emmy Winner Was 77
- Hollywood Reporter: George Clooney, Ralph Macchio Among Stars Mourning Jerry Weintraub
- Variety: Jerry Weintraub Dies: George Clooney, Don Cheadle, Ralph Macchio React
- Deadline: Hollywood Remembers Super-Producer Jerry Weintraub
- Thompson on Hollywood: RIP Producer Jerry Weintraub: He Navigated Hollywood 'His Way'
- Deadline: The One Movie Jerry Weintraub Couldn’t Get Made: On Him, Elvis Presley & Colonel Tom Parker
- USA Today: 'Karate Kid' producer Jerry Weintraub dies
- Vulture: The Karate Kid and Ocean’s Eleven Producer Jerry Weintraub Has Died
- Digital Spy: Ocean's Eleven and The Karate Kid producer Jerry Weintraub dies, aged 77
- The Wrap: Jerry Weintraub, Famed ‘Karate Kid,’ ‘Ocean’s Eleven’ Producer, Dead at 77 (Updated)
- Screen Crush: Jerry Weintraub, Producer of 'The Karate Kid' and the 'Ocean's 11' Trilogy, Dies at 77
- The Wrap: ‘Karate Kid’ Star Ralph Macchio Remembers Producer Jerry Weintraub: ‘You Were 1 of a Kind’
- The Wrap: George Clooney Remembers ‘Ocean’s Eleven’ Producer Jerry Weintraub
- The Wrap: Jerry Weintraub Appreciation: A Hollywood Mogul Straight Out of Central Casting
- The Wrap: 11 of Jerry Weintraub’s Hollywood Hits: ‘Karate Kid,’ ‘Ocean’s’ Movies (Photos)
- FirstShowing.net: Hollywood Producer Jerry Weintraub Has Passed Away at Age 77
Related stories from TheWrap:Jennifer Lawrence, Liam Hemsworth, Josh Hutcherson in 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay -- Part 2' First Looks (Photos)Netflix, Amazon Reject 'Hannibal': Bryan Fuller 'Still Investigating Possibilities' for Season 411 of Jerry Weintraub's Hollywood Hits: 'Karate Kid,' 'Ocean's' Movies (Photos)See NBA Star Kevin Love, Olympic Swimmer Natalie Coughlin's Naked Covers for ESPN's Body IssueJerry Weintraub Appreciation: A Hollywood Mogul Straight Out of Central Casting
- The Wrap: Jennifer Lawrence, Liam Hemsworth Red and Ready to Rumble in ‘Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2’ (Photos)
- Coming Soon: The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2 Comic-Con Posters
- Moviefone: Here Are 8 Badass New 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2' Posters
- AintItCool: The cast of HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY - PART 2 has got red on them in these eight character posters!
- Entertainment Weekly: 'Mockingjay â Part 2' poster reveal: Liam Hemsworth as Gale
- The Playlist: Get Your Warpaint On: ‘The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2’ Releases “Faces Of The Revolution” Propaganda Posters
- Screen Crush: New 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2' Posters Prepare the Cast For War
- Latino Review: 'Faces of the Revolution' Character Posters for 'The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2'
- Comic Book Movie: The Rebels Prepare For War With 8 THE HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY - PART 2 Posters
- MovieWeb: 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2' Comic Con Posters Usher in a Revolution
- SlashFilm: ‘The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2′ Character Posters: Katniss Gets Her Game Face On
- ScreenRant: ‘The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2′ Comic-Con Posters
- MTV Movies Blog: ‘Hunger Games': Peeta Dons His War Paint In This Exclusive ‘Mockingjay’ Poster
- Dark Horizons: "Mockingjay Part 2" Comic Con Posters
- Vulture: These New Hunger Games Posters Imagine What the Cast Would Look Like As Panem’s Saddest Kiss Cover Band
- Fandango Movie Blog: POSTER DEBUT: Faces of the Revolution -- 'The Hunger Games: Mockingjay--Part 2'
- Fandango Movie Blog: The 5 Coolest Parts of the New 'Hunger Games Exhibition'
- JoBlo: A new series of Mockingjay - Part 2 posters throw on the war paint
MAN OF STEEL may have launched the new DC Cinematic Universe, but at the moment there's no plan for the character to take center stage in another solo Superman film any time soon. The upcoming BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE may have started life as MAN OF STEEL 2, but according to Henry Cavill the new film "is not a Superman sequel, it’s more of an introduction to... Read More...
- Coming Soon: Henry Cavill Has Hope for Solo Superman Movies in the Future
- ScreenRant: ‘Superman': Henry Cavill Says There’s ‘Plenty of Time’ For New Solo Film
- Cinema Blend: The Long-Term Plan For Superman, According To Henry Cavill
- Dark Horizons: Cavill Talks Another Superman Solo Outing?
- Entertainment Weekly: Henry Cavill: âBatman v Superman' a 'Man of Steel' 'expansion'
- Latino Review: Henry Cavill on If We Can Expect More 'Man of Steel' Movies
- MovieWeb: 'Superman' Solo Movie Not Happening Until After 2020?
- AintItCool: Reminder!! THE DEATH OF SUPERMAN LIVES Documentary Is Arriving Online And On Discs This Week!!
- Digital Spy: Unseen footage of Nicolas Cage in costume for Tim Burton's Superman Lives has emerged
- Digital Spy: Matt Bomer almost played Superman: Would he have made a good Man of Steel?
- Screen Crush: What to Expect From the 'Batman vs. Superman' Comic-Con Panel
- Total Film: Watch Nicolas Cage in footage from Tim Burton's Superman Lives
- Entertainment Weekly: Zack Snyder on the Superman villain that almost was
- Latino Review: Watch The First 10 Minutes of 'The Death of Superman Lives: What Happened?'
- SlashFilm: Watch the First Ten Minutes of Documentary ‘The Death of Superman Lives’
- MovieWeb: Watch the First 10 Minutes of 'Death of Superman Lives'
The latest batch of character posters from Crimson Peak echo the first motion poster for Guillermo del Toro’s gothic horror story, which featured Mia Wasikowska bathed in neon blue and red. That vivid coloring contrasted with empty blackness made quite the impression, and the latest characters posters are similarly striking. Continue reading…
- MovieWeb: 4 'Crimson Peak' Comic Con Character Posters
- FirstShowing.net: New Comic-Con Set of Character Posters for del Toro's 'Crimson Peak'
- ScreenRant: ‘Crimson Peak’ Comic-Con Character Posters Include Ominous Symbolism
- Coming Soon: Crimson Peak Comic-Con Exclusive Poster
- Shock Till You Drop: Crimson Peak Poster Exclusive: Charlie Hunnam
- AintItCool: Check Out Four New Posters From GdT’s CRIMSON PEAK!!
- Dark Horizons: "Crimson Peak" Gets New Posters & Pics
- Cinema Blend: Don't Expect Crimson Peak To Tell A Normal Haunted House Story
- ScreenRant: ‘Crimson Peak': Guillermo del Toro On The Film’s Dark Love Story
- The Playlist: New Images And Posters For Guillermo Del Toro's Gothic Horror 'Crimson Peak'
- SlashFilm: Exclusive ‘Crimson Peak’ Poster: Mia Wasikowska in Red and Blue
- JoBlo: Hunnam and Hiddleston evoke angels and demons in these Crimson Peak posters
What used to be prime summer real estate has become a precarious weekend to release movies.
- Variety: Box Office: ‘Inside Out’ Edges ‘Jurassic World’ in Final Fourth of July Figures
- Variety: Broadway Box Office: Few Fireworks for Fourth of July
- MovieWeb: 'Inside Out' Beats 'Jurassic World' in Final July 4th Box Office Tally
- Digital Spy: Asif Kapadia's Amy Winehouse documentary sets UK box office record
- Moviefone: 'Inside Out' Finally Beats 'Jurassic World' at Weekend Box Office
- Hollywood Reporter: China Box Office: Foreign Movies Have Upper Hand
- Hollywood Reporter: Wanda Cinema Line's Box Office Revenue Rises
- Hollywood Reporter: South Korea Box Office: 'Terminator: Genisys' Debuts on Top
- Thompson on Hollywood: Holiday Box Office Totals Are In: Here's What Actually Ruled the Weekend
- Deadline: Ouch! Broadway Box Office Slumps 13% For Holiday Week; 12 Shows Off $100K-Plus
- Filmonic: Box Office: The Year So Far
- The Wrap: ‘Inside Out’ Brings Down ‘Jurassic World’ at Box Office in Final Figures
Alongside Matt Walsh and Michael K. WilliamsAs the cameras continue to roll on Paul Feig’s Ghostbusters, the Spy director is adding more cast members to his ensemble.
- Film School Rejects: Ghostbusters Reboot Adds Andy Garcia and Some HBO Series Favorites
- MovieWeb: Female 'Ghostbusters' Gets Andy Garcia as Mayor of NYC
- Badass Digest: Hey, There Are Going To Be Other People In Paul Feig’s GHOSTBUSTERS, You Know
- SlashFilm: Paul Feig Reveals New ‘Ghostbusters’ Proton Pack Images to Help Cosplayers
- FirstShowing.net: Paul Feig Details the New 'Ghostbusters' Proton Pack for Cosplayers
- Screen Crush: 'Ghostbusters' Director Paul Feig Reveals Detailed Proton Pack Photo
- Dark Horizons: More Photos Of New "Ghostbusters" Props
- Cinema Blend: The Ghostbusters Remake Just Added 4 Great Supporting Stars
- Hollywood Reporter: 'Ghostbusters' Director Reveals New Photos of Iconic Proton Packs
- Digital Spy: Cecily Strong is joining SNL co-stars Kate McKinnon and Leslie Jones in Ghostbusters
For as long as motion pictures have been around, someone has been saying that Hollywood isnât making them like they used to. The latest to repeat the complaint, however, is someone whoâs been around for some high highs of cinema: Dustin Hoffman.Â And he might have a point.Â In an interview withÂ ...
- Variety: Dustin Hoffman: Film Is in Worst State Ever
- Dark Horizons: Dustin Hoffman Says Film In Worst State Ever
- The Wrap: Dustin Hoffman Disses the State of Film: It’s the Worst It’s Been in 50 Years
- Vulture: Ishtar Star Dustin Hoffman Says Movies Are Bad Now
- Deadline: Dustin Hoffman On Today’s Movies: They Stink!
- Cinema Blend: Why Dustin Hoffman Thinks Movies Are Getting Worse
- The Playlist: Dustin Hoffman Says Right Now "It’s The Worst That Film Has Even Been" In 50 Years
- IndieWire: Dustin Hoffman Reflects on the Fall of Cinema in Revealing Interview
With the new Terminator Genisys movie hitting theaters, it makes sense that Cinema Sins would do the Everything Wrong With… treatment on Terminator Salvation. But the fact that they got 19 minutes of material out of it seems to say that there was a LOT wrong with Terminator Salvation and that could be why most people involved with the franchise seem to forget that it exists. Terminator Genisys is in theaters now. Click here to view the embedded video. Everything Wrong With Terminator Salvation... Is 19 Minutes Long
- Cinema Blend: Terminator Genisys Director Doesn't Really Expect You To Understand His Movie
- USA Today: New 'Terminator' has same-old Nikes, made special
- Comic Book Movie: TERMINATOR: GENISYS - Every Easter Egg & Reference
- MovieWeb: 6 Ways 'Terminator Genisys' Changes the Timeline
- Entertainment Weekly: Alan Taylor says there are answers to 'Terminator Genisys' questions -- they're just not in the movie
- Comic Book Movie: DrDoom Reviews: TERMINATOR GENISYS
- MovieWeb: Nerd Alert: The Joker Vs Deadpool & Terminator Genisys Easter Eggs
He's going criminal again with Snowtown co-writer Shaun GrantWriter/director Justin Kurzel and co-writer Shaun Grant broke through in a big way with Australian crime tale Snowtown. And for a new collaboration, they’re digging into more of the country’s criminal history for True History Of The Kelly Gang. Grant is working on an adaptation of Peter Carey’s eponymous novel, which chronicles Ned Kelly’s adventures through the man’s own eyes.
- We Got This Covered: Macbeth’s Justin Kurzel Charting The True History Of The Kelly Gang
- The Playlist: 'Macbeth' Helmer Justin Kurzel To Direct 'True History Of The Kelly Gang'
- SlashFilm: Justin Kurzel Lines Up ‘True History of the Kelly Gang’
- Thompson on Hollywood: Ned Kelly is Heading back to the Big Screen for Director Justin Kurzel's 'True History Of The Kelly Gang'
- Total Film: Justin Kurtzel directing The True History Of The Kelly Gang
- Dark Horizons: Justin Kerzel To Helm "Kelly Gang"
I don’t know about you but I’m relatively excited for the CW’s upcoming and NEW entry into their comic book television universe with Legends of Tomorrow. The show will be different from all of the solo hero late night programs and actually revolve around a team of people joining forces to fight evil and uphold justice (and peace, and the American way yada-yada-yada.)Now the CW’s talented concept artist Phil Klemmer not only released a new piece of art featuring the entire team doing their thing, but also gave his thoughts on the group dynamic, and what they’ll be do
- We Got This Covered: DC’s Legends Of Tomorrow Concept Art Shows A Superhero Squadron
- We Got This Covered: Meet The Menacing Machines In Concept Art For Steven Spielberg’s Postponed Robopocalypse
- SlashFilm: Concept Art: Steven Spielberg’s ‘Robopocalypse’
- Screen Crush: 'Robopocalypse' Concept Art Shows Off Steven Spielberg's Delayed Sci-Fi Feature
- FirstShowing.net: Early Concept Art Glimpse at Spielberg's Postponed 'Robopocalypse'
Acclaimed comics scribe Warren Ellis has been tapped by Dynamite Entertainment to write their new James Bond 007 ongoing series, due to hit shelves in November. Paired with artist Jason Masters, Ellis is launching the first official comic series based on Ian Flemming's seminal spy series in over two decades. "Ian Fleming's James Bond is an icon, and it's a delight to tell visual narratives with the original, brutal, damaged Bond of the books," Ellis said in a statement (via Newsarama). Photo credit: Dynamite EntertainmentContinue reading…
- Digital Spy: Warren Ellis will write a new ongoing James Bond comic series
- Latino Review: Warren Ellis to Write 'James Bond 007' Comic Series
- Dark Horizons: Warren Ellis To Pen James Bond Comic
- Hollywood Reporter: 'James Bond 007' Comic Series Gets Writer
- Cinema Blend: Why Pierce Brosnan Was Never Totally Comfortable Playing James Bond
Amanda Peterson, the actress who played Patrick Dempsey‘s leading lady in the beloved 1987 movie “Can’t Buy Me Love,” was found dead in her Greeley, Colorado home on Sunday, police told TheWrap. She was 43. Peterson starred as Cindy Mancini, a cheerleader paid by Dempsey’s character to pose as his girlfriend so he could climb the social ladder at his Arizona high school. Directed by Steve Rash, the film sits in a canon of ’80s fare alongside John Hughes and other angst masters.
- Hollywood Reporter: 'Can't Buy Me Love' Star Amanda Peterson Dies at 43
- Moviefone: 'Can't Buy Me Love' Star Amanda Peterson Dies at 43
- Variety: Amanda Peterson, ‘Can’t Buy Me Love’ Star, Dies at 43
- Digital Spy: Can't Buy Me Love star Amanda Peterson dies, aged 43
- Denver Post: Actress, Greeley native Amanda Peterson discovered dead in her home
After the cancellation of Hannibal many of us refused to believe that the show was truly dead, surely Amazon or Netflix would save Hannibal for us, but unfortunately the show will have to find another method of resurrection as Hannibal creator Bryan Fuller has stated on Twitter that both Amazon and Netflix have passed on the opportunity to bring the show back for a fourth season. @MikeBarbre... Read More...
- Coming Soon: Hannibal Update: Amazon and Netflix Have Both Passed
- The Playlist: Netflix And Amazon Have Passed On 'Hannibal'
- Variety: Netflix, Amazon Pass on More ‘Hannibal,’ Says Bryan Fuller
- Deadline: No ‘Hannibal’ Home On Amazon, Bryan Fuller Says
- Badass Digest: HANNIBAL Review 3.05 “Contorno”
The Guardians of the Galaxy won’t return to the big screen until 2017, but their cartoon counterparts will hit the small one later this year. Disney XD has just revealed the first GOTG animated series poster, along with the premiere date for the new show. Get it all after the jump. IGN debuted the GOTG animated series poster.
- Coming Soon: New Agents of SHIELD and Animated Guardians of the Galaxy Series Posters
- Comic Book Movie: Poster, Synopsis & Premiere Date For Disney XD's GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Series
- Dark Horizons: Marvel's "Guardians" Anime Series Hits 9/26
- Bleeding Cool: Megalyn Echikunwoke Cast As Vixen For CW Animated Series
It's Comic-Con this week! That means loads of previews from all kinds of different movies. USA Today has revealed the first two actual photos from the upcoming animated short film Sanjay's Super Team, the latest original creation from Pixar Animation Studios that will be attached to the release of The Good Dinosaur, in theaters this November (two new original Pixar movies in one year, plus short films, huzzah!). We've featured a concept art piece for this short before, but these two photos show us the actual finished animation and how it all looks.
- Coming Soon: Sanjay’s Super Team: First Look at the Pixar Short
- AintItCool: A Preview Of Pixar’s SANJAY’S SUPER TEAM Short!!
- SlashFilm: ‘Sanjay’s Super Team’ Images: Gods Become Heroes in New Pixar Short
- Empire Magazine: New Images From Pixar's Next Short
While recent reports suggest Chris Pine will play Steve Trevor in the Wonder Woman movie, the rumor mill claims the Star Trek star is actually up for the role of Hal Jordan in Warner Bros' Green Lantern reboot. "This weekend I talked to someone close to Chris Pine who confirmed that the actor is in fact up for Hal Jordan. And that he had been offered Steve Trevor," Birth Movies Death reports. Continue reading…
- Badass Digest: Now I’m Hearing Chris Pine For GREEN LANTERN Too
- We Got This Covered: Is Chris Pine About To Choose Green Lantern Over Steve Trevor?
- Comic Book Movie: 'Green Lantern' Or 'Steve Trevor'; Which DC Cinematic Universe Role Will Chris Pine Choose?
- Cinema Blend: Chris Pine Is Deciding Between 2 Key Superhero Roles
Over the past few days we’ve seen Deadpool running all over town in a series of still images. Here he is surveying the damage after a fight; there he goes riding around town with his BFF Negasonic Teenage Warhead. Now he’s made it all the way to Entertainment Weekly, where he gets to grace the cover of their Comic-Con Bonus Issue. Check out the Deadpool EW cover after the jump. The EW cover offers a look at the character up close, and his speech bubble is characteristically cheeky and fourth-wall-shattering.
- MovieWeb: 'Deadpool' Poster & EW Comic Con Magazine Cover
- FirstShowing.net: 'Deadpool' Creator Rob Liefeld Hiding Sketches Around Comic-Con
- Dark Horizons: "Deadpool" Gets A New Poster, Pic, Cover
Box office numbers for the holiday weekend are trickling in, and Jurassic WorldÂ has finally fallen to second place. It wasnât someÂ new, action-packed blockbuster that killed the dinosaurs, but rather the kid-friendly (and criticallyÂ adored)Â Inside Out, which claimed the box office...
- Badass Digest: Quick Takes: Hulk Smash JURASSIC WORLD
- Coming Soon: Pixar’s Inside Out Wins 4th of July Weekend over Jurassic World After All!
- Dark Horizons: "Inside Out" Beats "Jurassic" At Box-Office
Most of the time, folks in Hollywood defend their films, even when they are critical and commercial failures. Johnny Depp defended both TRANSCENDENCE and THE LONE RANGER while Taylor Kitsch has defended JOHN CARTER. Sometimes these movies enter and exit the zeitgeist and you don't give them a second thought until someone chimes in with their opinion. Producer Brian Grazer... Read More...
You might be asking yourself, " 'The Crossing 2?' Was there a 'The Crossing 1?'" Yes, there was!
A sports medicine physician weighs in on just how dangerous it is to be a male stripper in "Magic Mike XXL."
Chris Tucker returns to the stage for his first ever stand up comedy special 'Chris Tucker Live', debuting Friday, July 10 on Netflix.
Here are 13 things you never knew about "Scream."
HBO Well, Ray Velcoro is still alive. I’m not convinced that True Detective will be better for it. Don’t get me wrong – I’m a big fan of both Farrell the actor and Velcoro the character, so from that perspective, I’m happy that True Detective will give more more of what I like going forward. What worries me, though, is the power dynamic this reveals. There were times during the first season of True Detective that the show took on the personality of a college freshman, sharing pieces of philosophical theory simply because they sounded good at parties.
- Badass Digest: TRUE DETECTIVE Review: “Maybe Tomorrow”
- IndieWire: 'True Detective': The Do's and Don'ts of Onscreen Death
Oh, Finland, you're just wacky. While their Norwegian neighbors seem to prefer their heavy metal music to be of the dark and serious variety, the Finns like to dress things up a bit. There's Lordi, of course, the Eurovision-winning metal act whose members dress in elaborate demon makeups for their performances. But popular as Lordi may be they may be a bit too extreme for the youngster set and so cue up Heavisaurus, a heavy metal act for the kiddie crowd whose members are all dinosaurs.And now, like Lordi, Heavisaurus have a feature film to call their own. Story?
- Hollywood Reporter: Comic-Con: Heavy Metal Names Brian Witten as President
- Variety: Veteran Hollywood Producer Brian Witten to Head Heavy Metal
Jeff Goldblum celebrated the July 4 holiday by joining Facebook to post sneak peeks of “Independence Day: Resurgence,” the sequel to the 1996 alien-invasion blockbuster movie that also starred Will Smith and Bill Pullman. On this Independence Day, Goldblum posted a 12-second teaser video with an ominous warning: “We thought we wiped them out. The Resurgence is here.
Robert Kirkman has tweeted that folks at SDCC this week will get a chance to see trailers / clips for The Walking Dead season 6, Fear The Walking Dead and Outcast.
We had heard season 2 of Daredevil was scheduled to begin shooting this month, but they've kicked off a little earlier than expected. New York based photographer Shelly Kay was on hand to get a couple of snaps of two of the main cast members (Charlie Cox and Elden Henson) filming a scene in East Harlem. We know that Rosario Dawson will also return as Claire Temple, Deborah Ann Woll will surely be back as Karen Page, and of course we have Jon Bernthal as Frank Castle! The characters of Bullseye and Elektra are also expected to feature, but we've had no casting details for them yet.
- Dark Horizons: "Daredevil" S2 Begins Filming, First Pics
- Latino Review: Marvel’s ‘Daredevil’ Season 2 Begins Filming in East Harlem
Netflix’s upcoming take on Lemony Snicket’s A Series Of Unfortunate Events isn’t set to air until 2016, but the VOD service has already released a rather creepy trailer. The trailer was posted on a new YouTube account for Eleanora Poe, the name of the editor of the local newspaper The Daily Punctilio in the book series. The 13-book series was adapted for the big screen back in 2004 with Jim Carrey in the role of Count Olaf, but no sequel was ever made. [Source: CNet] Click here to view the embedded video. Netflix Teases A Series Of Unfortunate Events
Predator is coming this week to Mortal Kombat X for Kombat Pack holders and next week for those who want to purchase him separately. The iconic horror monster is going to join the fray to take on all manner of mystical fighters and it can’t come sooner. Fans have been clambering for this since it was announced. I’ve shared a few videos over the last week, but here is the official trailer for the monster. I’m sure all of you Kombat fans will be making huge use of this addition to the roster, and his moves here look like a lot of fun to mess around with.
Samuel L. Jackson hopes to break his 'Unbreakable' villain Mr. Glass out of the asylum for a sequel.
Bill Cosby obtained Quaaludes to give them to young women he intended to have sex with, the comedian admitted in a 2005 deposition. During the court proceedings, Cosby testified that he gave the sedative to at least one woman and “other people.” The Associated Press first reported details of the unsealed documents on Monday, after compelling the court to release the legal papers filed in federal court in Pennsylvania on Nov. 21, 2005.
Thanks to Cleveland Cavaliers player LeBron James, Ohio will get a first look atÂ Amy SchumerâsÂ TrainwreckÂ when it premieres in Akron later this week. James appears in the comedy, which was written by (and stars)Â Schumer and directed by Judd Apatow. Schumer confirmed the news Monday with a...
Of all the live-action re-imaginings of classic fairy tale properties in the works over at Disney, this is perhaps the most interesting one based on concept alone. The studio has acquired the screenplay for Prince Charming, a live-action comedy which centers on the love interest of many a Disney princess. Continue reading…
- Hollywood Reporter: Disney Buys Live-Action Prince Charming Project
- Variety: Disney Lands ‘Prince Charming’ Script for Mandeville and Tripp Vinson
Piper has always been the least interesting character on Orange is the New Black — an annoyingly privileged, arguably necessary Trojan Horse who created a strong center to the show only through the acting talent and watchability of Taylor Schilling — but her personality has fundamentally shifted in the third season for the better. She’s quickly becoming Walter White. Jenji Kohan and the show’s other writers clearly recognize this (they even added a swift jab evoking Heisenberg’s name when mocking Piper’s wonky new prison tattoo).
Sun Classic Pictures/Lionsgate Many of Stephen King‘s books have received or are getting a second adaptation. Some that first hit the big screen are redone for the small screen (The Shining; The Dead Zone), sometimes as ongoing series, and some that first hit TV are set to now go to theaters (It; The Stand). It’s not clear how the previously announced remake of Cujo will go, but it doesn’t sound like something that will be hitting the big screen in a big way.
HBO Since the final moments of season five, Game of Thrones fans have been locked inside a cacophony of speculation and fan theories about whether or not Jon Snow is really dead. The driving force behind a lot of this speculation was the fact that book readers have been piecing together various theories since the release of George R.R. Martin’s A Dance with Dragons book in 2011.
Despicable Me has been a go-to birthday theme for years now, but we have a feeling that it’ll become even MORE popular thanks to those adorable and lovable Minions and their starring role in their very own feature film. In honor of your pint-sized Minions fans, host an awesome DIY Minions-themed party with cupcakes, games, favors and more. We scoured the Web and found some of the cutest and coolest Minion crafts to include in your own soiree. Minion Cupcakes Courtesy of Eats...Read MoreRead Comments
Iron Man actor Robert Downey Jr. has made a whole lot of money from his role as the Marvel Comics superhero in 2015, reportedly raking in a whopping $80 million for his work on Marvel's Avengers: Age of Ultron and Captain America: Civil War. According to Forbes, this makes Downey Jr. the eighth highest-paid celebrity of 2015, just behind author James Patterson, who's earned $89 million. Age of Ultron was released earlier this year to much success. Meanwhile, the third Captain America movie isn't slated to hit theaters until May of next year. Continue reading…
Stone Cold Steve Austin is an icon of when wrestling was “cool”. It’s certainly popular now, but the years he was active were when the WWE was edgier and the business was trying new things. That is what 2K are banking on clearly, as they have announced that the legend is going to adorn the box for WWE 2K16. Take a look: Not much more is known about the game, but the press release does say that the game will feature the largest roster in franchise history. That is a little vague, as there have been many games in WWE history.
- We Got This Covered: Stone Cold Brings The Stunner To 2K’s WWE 2K16 Cover
And the Guardians Of The Galaxy cartoon has its own imageThough the Marvel Cinematic Universe itself won’t be represented at this year’s San Diego Comic-Con, the allied TV series will be there. Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. and the new Guardians Of The Galaxy ‘toon are both appearing on panels and Marvel has conjured up some artwork for the shows. Created by artist Jim Cheung and colourist Romulo Fajardo Jr., the S.H.I.E.L.D.
- Bleeding Cool: New Marvel's Agents Of SHIELD Poster For SDCC
'Jurassic World' has shattered box office records â and lifted Hollywood within reach of historic new heights
- MTV Movies Blog: How Did Last Year’s Biggest Comic-Con Surprises Do In 2015?
Ashton Kutcher, Mila Kunis, Billy Joel and Vanessa Williams are among the Hollywood stars who got married secretly over Codependence — sorry, Independence — Day Weekend, marking a trend in covert coupling among the cis-gender celebrity set. Joel waited until his betrothed, Alexis Roderick, turned half his age before sealing the deal, while Williams had to mine the sexy CPA ranks to find a man far enough under the radar to throw anyone who might care off the scent. For more, watch the latest Wrap Trends! Watch more recent Wrap Trends: See video: Bored on the 4th of July - Bizarre In
Age has not tempered Tom Cruise‘s ambitions when he’s making action sequences on film, and it looks like Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation keeps the actor in overdrive. We’ve seen some evidence of his commitment to action in the first trailers for the film, and now a new Rogue Nation clip set highlights a few car and motorcycle chase sequences even more. This batch of footage originally ran on Entertainment Tonight, and it features sections from a couple of the film’s chase scenes.
Opening This Week
Total Likes: --
Today's Likes: --