Top Movie News for March 30, 2017
Although the next three installments in the DC Extended Universe are firmly in place at this point (see Wonder Woman, Justice League and next year’s Aquaman), there are several in-development movies that could follow thereafter.
- IndieWire: Joss Whedon Set to Write and Direct ‘Batgirl’ Standalone Feature for Warner Bros.
- Hollywood Reporter: Joss Whedon in Talks to Write, Direct 'Batgirl' Movie for Warner Bros.
- Cinema Blend: Joss Whedon May Direct DC's Batgirl Movie
- Badass Digest: Joss Whedon Will Direct BATGIRL
- Variety: ‘Batgirl’ Movie: Joss Whedon to Direct Standalone Film (EXCLUSIVE)
- Deadline: Joss Whedon Eyes Batgirl Movie At Warner Bros
- Coming Soon: BREAKING: Joss Whedon to Direct Batgirl Movie!
- We Got This Covered: Joss Whedon Directing Batgirl For Warner Bros.
- The A.V. Club: Newswire: Holy shit, Joss Whedon is making a Batgirl movie
- Vulture: Joss Whedon to Direct Solo Batgirl Movie, Meaning Yes, He’s Leaving Marvel for DC
- Comic Book Movie: BATGIRL Movie Announced With THE AVENGERS Director Joss Whedon At The HelmBATGIRL Movie Announced With THE AVENGERS Director Joss Whedon At The Helm
- HitFix: Joss Whedon Is Writing And Directing A ‘Batgirl’ Movie For DC
- JoBlo: Holy guano, Batman! Joss Whedon is poised to direct a Batgirl Solo Film!
- The Wrap: Joss Whedon to Direct ‘Batgirl’ Standalone Movie for Warner Bros
- Screen Crush: Joss Whedon to Direct Solo 'Batgirl' Movie for Warner Bros.
- SlashFilm: ‘Batgirl’ Movie Coming From ‘The Avengers’ Director Joss Whedon
- HitFix: Can Joss Whedon And Batgirl Save The DCEU From Itself?
- Bleeding Cool: Joss Wheadon To Bring Batgirl To Life On Big Screen
- IGN Movies: Avengers Director Will Reportedly Helm Batgirl Movie
Following the massive success of Jordan Peele's directorial debut Get Out, Warner Bros. is courting him for the long-awaited Akira live-action movie.
- Dread Central: After Get Out Success Jordan Peele May Direct Akira Live-Action Adaptation
- IGN Movies: Jordan Peele Reportedly In Talks to Direct Live-Action Akira
- Badass Digest: Dear God, Please Don’t Make Jordan Peele Direct AKIRA
- Coming Soon: Get Out Director Jordan Peele Could Make Akira Movie
- The A.V. Club: Newswire: It’s Rumor Time: Is Jordan Peele in talks to direct Akira?
- IndieWire: ‘Akira’: Warner Bros. Eyeing ‘Get Out’ Helmer Jordan Peele to Direct Long-Planned Remake — Report
- We Got This Covered: Get Out Helmer Jordan Peele Reportedly Eyed For Live-Action Akira
- ScreenRant: Akira: Get Out’s Jordan Peele Being Courted to Direct
- SlashFilm: Jordan Peele in Talks to Direct ‘Akira’ for Warner Bros.
- Screen Crush: Jordan Peele in the Running to Direct Warner Bros.' Live-Action 'Akira'
- JoBlo: Jordan Peele reportedly being sought to direct Akira
- Comic Book Movie: GET OUT Director Jordan Peele Reportedly In The Mix To Helm The Live-Action AKIRA Movie For Warner Bros.GET OUT Director Jordan Peele Reportedly In The Mix To Helm The Live-Action AKIRA Movie For Warner Bros.
- The Wrap: ‘Get Out’ Director Jordan Peele Eyed for ‘Akira’ Remake by Warner Bros
- Hollywood Reporter: Jordan Peele on What 'Get Out' Teaches Hollywood
- Vulture: Sorry, Key & Peele Fans: Jordan Peele Confirms He’s Done With Sketch Comedy
- ScreenRant: Get Out Director Jordan Peele Taking His Time Deciding on Next Film
Ghost in the Shell is so engrossing on a visual level that the lame narrative may not be a deal breaker.
- SlashFilm: ‘Ghost in the Shell’ Early Buzz: A Visually Appealing, Often Familiar Piece of Science-Fiction
- AintItCool: Harry thinks the new GHOST IN THE SHELL is a helluva thing to ponder and watch a lot!
- IndieWire: ‘The Boss Baby’ and ‘Ghost in the Shell’ Fight for Second Behind the Unstoppable ‘Beauty and the Beast’
- USA Today: Scarlett Johansson, more break out at 'Ghost in the Shell' premiere
- We Got This Covered: The Early Word On Paramount’s Ghost In The Shell Movie Is Here
- USA Today: Review: 'Ghost in the Shell' revamp is in need of a better upgrade
- Vulture: Ghost in the Shell Has the Look of the Original, But Not Its Brain
- We Got This Covered: Ghost In The Shell Review
- Coming Soon: Ghost in the Shell Characters Guide
- JoBlo: Review: Ghost in the Shell
- Latino Review: Ghost In The Shell Review: An Admirable, Yet Flawed Adaptation
- USA Today: Scarlett Johansson shows her sexy style and sleek hair on 'Ghost' red carpet
- Bleeding Cool: A24 Releases A Poster And Trailer For ‘A Ghost Story’
Jurassic World director Colin Trevorrow takes on the tale of a single mother raising a boy genius in The Book of Henry trailer and posters.
- IndieWire: ‘The Book of Henry’ Trailer: Colin Trevorrow Returns to Indie Filmmaking Between ‘Jurassic World’ and ‘Star Wars’
- The Wrap: ‘Jurassic World’ Director Colin Trevorrow Compares His Latest ‘Book of Henry’ to Dinosaur Epic
- The Wrap: ‘The Book of Henry’ Trailer: ‘Jurassic World’ Director Goes Small-Scale (Video)
- Twitch: THE BOOK OF HENRY First Trailer: Neighborhood Justice, JURASSIC WORLD-Style
- Coming Soon: The Book of Henry Trailer is Here from Director Colin Trevorrow
- Badass Digest: Regarding The BOOK OF HENRY Trailer
- Dark Horizons: New Trailer: “The Book of Henry”
- The A.V. Club: Coming Distractions: The Book Of Henry trailer takes a seriously unexpected turn
- SlashFilm: ‘The Book of Henry’ Trailer: Colin Trevorrow’s New Film is a Quirky Thriller
- Screen Crush: Naomi Watts Aims a Sniper Rifle at a Child Abuser in First 'The Book of Henry' Trailer
- FirstShowing.net: Jaeden Lieberher in First Trailer for Trevorrow's 'The Book of Henry'
- MTV Movies Blog: Maddie Ziegler Battles Inner Demons In The First Book Of Henry Trailer
- Fandango Movie Blog: 'The Book of Henry' Trailer: Quirky Kids, Mysterious Neighbors and a, uh, Sniper Rifle?
Zack Snyder’s “Justice League” is not 170 minutes long, an individual with close knowledge of the project told TheWrap, despite several reports that got CinemaCon and fanboys buzzing. The film isn’t done yet, the insider said.
- Dark Horizons: “Justice League” Is NOT 170 Mins Long
- The A.V. Club: Newswire: It’s Rumor Time: Justice League may have an absurdly long running time
- MovieWeb: Justice League Runtime Revealed, Is It Too Long?
- USA Today: Ben Affleck out to promote 'Justice League' after rehab news, but let new clip do the talking
- IGN Movies: Justice League: Report Disputes Massive Runtime Rumor
- Moviefone: Don't Believe the Rumors About 'Justice League' Running Time
- ScreenRant: Justice League & Wonder Woman Concept Art Revealed
- ScreenRant: Justice League Movie Runtime is Longer than BVS [UPDATED]
- Comic Book Movie: Superman Joins His Teammates In This New JUSTICE LEAGUE And WONDER WOMAN Concept ArtSuperman Joins His Teammates In This New JUSTICE LEAGUE And WONDER WOMAN Concept Art
- The Wrap: Ben Affleck Joins Other ‘Justice League’ Stars in Vegas But Zack Snyder Does All the Talking
- ScreenRant: Justice League CinemaCon Extended Trailer Includes More Flash
- SlashFilm: CinemaCon Reactions: ‘Aquaman’, ‘Wonder Woman’, ‘Justice League’ & ‘Blade Runner 2049’
- JoBlo: CinemaCon 2017: DCEU presentation - Justice League, Aquaman, Wonder Woman
We’ve reached the point of the year when Game of Thrones is supposed to be returning. Our bodies are ready, our minds sharp, our notebooks for keeping track of character names primed. But due to production delay necessary to film in colder weather (because winter has come and all), we still have a few months to wait.
- Moviefone: Should 'Game of Thrones' Fans Worry About New 'Peaky Blinders' Casting?
- Variety: ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 7 Teaser Trailer Is Here (Watch)
- IndieWire: ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 7 Promo: The Iron Throne Is in Everyone’s Sights — Watch
- Deadline: ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 7 Teaser Trailer: First Look At What’s Next
- Coming Soon: Game of Thrones Season 7 Teaser Has Its Eye on You
- The A.V. Club: Coming Distractions: Daenerys Targaryen comes home in the Game Of Thrones season 7 teaser
- Vulture: Game of Thrones Season 7 Teaser: It Looks Like Dany Made It To Dragonstone
- We Got This Covered: The Power Players Of Westeros Begin The Long Walk In New Promo For Game Of Thrones Season 7
- Moviefone: New 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 Promo Sends Kings & Queens on a 'Long Walk'
- Comic Book Movie: GAME OF THRONES Season 7 Gets A New Teaser Trailer - Sit Down Next To The Warring Kings Of WesterosGAME OF THRONES Season 7 Gets A New Teaser Trailer - Sit Down Next To The Warring Kings Of Westeros
- Bleeding Cool: Cersei, Jon And Daaenerys Go Walking For Game Of Thrones Promo
Getty Image Last week Jenny Slate gave a candid, raw interview with Vulture in which she opened up about her divorce from his ex-husband, editor-director Dean Fleischer-Camp, and recent breakup with her Gifted costar Chris Evans, whom she dated for nine months.
- Vulture: Chris Evans Has Only Nice, Beautiful Things to Say About Jenny Slate
- Moviefone: Chris Evans: Jenny Slate Is 'My Favorite Human, She's the Best'
- IndieWire: ‘Gifted’ Review: Chris Evans Delivers, But Marc Webb’s Return to Emotional Indies Doesn’t Add Up
- The Wrap: ‘Gifted’ Review: Chris Evans Plays a Devoted Father Figure in No-Frills Drama
- IndieWire: ‘November’ Exclusive Trailer: Estonian Black Magic Thriller Takes Unrequited Love In Unexpected Directions — Watch
- Vulture: For The Love of God’s Voice, Morgan Freeman Doesn’t Want to Record Your Voicemail Message
- IndieWire: Judd Apatow TV: How ‘Girls,’ ‘Crashing’ and ‘Love’ Mix His Comedy DNA with Other People’s Stories
- Variety: ‘Mystery Science Theater 3000’ Season 11: Behind the Scenes of the ‘Satellite of Love’
- The A.V. Club: Great Job, Internet!: Just like you, these dogs and cats love being high
- SlashFilm: Johnny Depp Will Play ‘King of the Jungle’ For ‘I Love You Phillip, Morris’ Duo
Brad Pitt has always been at his best when he abandons all pretense of being a “movie star” and embraces his inner-character actor. So there’s plenty of fun to be had in the War Machine trailer from watching one of the most famous men in the world vanish under a grey head of hair and a grizzled accent. Pitt seems to be putting his energies into a film that feels designed to ruffle feathers. While the new film from Animal Kingdom director David Michôd is based on the non-fiction book The Operators, his execution looks almost purely comedic.
- Coming Soon: War Machine Trailer: Brad Pitt Has a Bad Time in Afghanistan
- Deadline: ‘War Machine’ Trailer: Netflix Pic Tracks General Brad Pitt’s Fast Rise & Faster Fall
- Badass Digest: Brad Pitt Goes Full Brad Pitt In The First Trailer For Netflix’s WAR MACHINE
- IndieWire: ‘War Machine’ Trailer: Brad Pitt Explains the Difference Between Helping People and Killing Them — Watch
- FirstShowing.net: Brad Pitt Goes to War in Full Trailer for David Michôd's 'War Machine'
- Cinema Blend: Netflix's War Machine Trailer: Brad Pitt's New Movie Looks Entertaining And Political
- Screen Crush: 'War Machine' Trailer: Brad Pitt's Here to Clean Up This Mess (Well, Maybe)
- ScreenRant: Deadpool 2: Brad Pitt No Longer in the Running to Play Cable
- Comic Book Movie: DEADPOOL 2 Director David Leitch Reveals Why Brad Pitt Isn't Playing Cable And Michael Shannon's InvolvementDEADPOOL 2 Director David Leitch Reveals Why Brad Pitt Isn't Playing Cable And Michael Shannon's Involvement
Episode 18: "Disbanded" Synopsis: Diggle and Felicity are shocked by Oliver's decision to call on the Bratva to help take down Prometheus. Concerned the Bratva may overstep, Diggle has a hard conversation with Oliver about what happens if things go south. Meanwhile, Felicity learns something shocking at Helix.... Read More...
- Badass Digest: ARROW Review 5.18 “Disbanded”
- Comic Book Movie: ARROW: Felicity Takes On Prometheus In This New Promo For Season 5, Episode 19: "Dangerous Liaisons"ARROW: Felicity Takes On Prometheus In This New Promo For Season 5, Episode 19: "Dangerous Liaisons"
- Latino Review: Arrow: Four Reasons "Disbanded" Was A Dud
- The A.V. Club: TV Club: Arrow is great once more, with a little help from his friends
- Cinema Blend: Why DC Should Hire Aaron Sorkin For A Green Arrow Movie Right Now
- Coming Soon: The Dangerous Liaisons Trailer for Arrow, Premiering April 26
- We Got This Covered: DC TV Roundup: Green Arrow Slowly Gets His Groove Back, Legends Lose Grip On Reality
- We Got This Covered: Apparently, There Are Two Lines That’ll Never Be Crossed On Arrow
‘Deadpool 2’ director David Leitch addresses those Michael Shannon casting rumors, says Cable will ‘wreak havoc and fun’ in ‘Deadpool’ sequel
- Cinema Blend: How Deadpool 2’s Creative Team Is Balancing The Action And Comedy
- Cinema Blend: Will Deadpool 2’s New Director Create A Whole New Style? Here’s What David Leitch Says
- We Got This Covered: Director David Leitch Vows To Respect The DNA Of Deadpool Ahead Of Upcoming Sequel
- Latino Review: Deadpool 2: The Vanessa Conundrum — Where Can Morena Baccarin’s Character Go In The Sequel?
- ScreenRant: Deadpool 2: Morena Baccarin Teases Vanessa’s ‘Evolution’
- Bleeding Cool: Deadpool: The Musical Is A Lot Better Than It Has Any Right To Be
- JoBlo: Movie Advice From A 4 Year Old: Deadpool
- ScreenRant: Deadpool 2 Won’t Change ‘The DNA of Deadpool’
After a mind-bending first season, Legion brings it all to a close tonight when David Haller faces his greatest challenge yet. FX has released eight stills from tonight's finale, come take a look!
- The A.V. Club: Newswire: Legion’s creator and star hope you watched the season finale up to the very end
- Coming Soon: Legion Season Finale Recap
- Comic Book Movie: The LEGENDS OF TOMORROW & Legion Of Doom Battle Over The Spear In New Photos From The Season 2 Finale: "Aruba"The LEGENDS OF TOMORROW & Legion Of Doom Battle Over The Spear In New Photos From The Season 2 Finale: "Aruba"
- The A.V. Club: TV Club: Legion’s surprising conclusion reminds us enemies are heroes of their own story
- Vulture: Legion Creator Noah Hawley Talks Dance Sequences, Mental Illness, and David’s Parentage
- Vulture: Legion Tackled Mental Illness With Wisdom and Subtlety
- Vulture: Legion Season-Finale Recap: Dark Side of the Mutant
There are plenty of reasons for Star Wars fans to be excited in 2017. For starters, this December sees the release of the hotly-anticipated The Last Jedi, which continues the Skywalker family saga. Additionally, the franchise as a whole is celebrating its 40th anniversary, giving everyone a chance to reflect on the enduring legacy of the galaxy far, far away as they look ahead to what Lucasfilm has in store for the future. Unfortunately, these occasions have a bittersweet tone to them, as a key part of Star Wars isn’t here to celebrate with everyone else.
- JoBlo: Mark Hamill to join Battlefront 2 and the upcoming Star Wars Celebration
- MovieWeb: Mark Hamill Is Coming to Star Wars Celebration 2017
- Dark Horizons: Justin Theroux Joins “Star Wars: The Last Jedi”?
- Hollywood Reporter: 'Star Wars' Producer Kathleen Kennedy to Keynote L.A. Girls School's Film Festival
- ScreenRant: Star Wars 8: Force for Change Logo & Merchandise Arrive
- MTV Movies Blog: Star Wars: Episode IX Will Be The Death Of Director Colin Trevorrow
- Comic Book Movie: STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI Promotional Art Features Finn, Poe, BB-8 And A Lightsaber-Wielding ReySTAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI Promotional Art Features Finn, Poe, BB-8 And A Lightsaber-Wielding Rey
Christoper Nolan’s Dunkirk is a dramatization of one of the most pivotal moments in World War II. With over 400,000 troops seemingly trapped on the beach of the French port at the mercy of German forces, a massive evacuation took place which was bloody, brutal, and dangerous. The mission resulted in a huge loss of life, but ultimately, 330,00 soldiers were saved. Nolan will bring all of this to life on the big screen, with an all-star cast that includes Tom Hardy, Kenneth Branagh, Mark Rylance, James D’Arcy, and Harry Styles.
- USA Today: Christopher Nolan's 'Dunkirk' footage explodes at CinemaCon
- We Got This Covered: CinemaCon Screening Of Dunkirk Sheds New Light On Christopher Nolan’s Wartime Epic
- ScreenRant: The Mummy CinemaCon Footage Details: Ahmanet is a Princess Wronged
- The Wrap: Christopher Nolan Introduces Gripping ‘Dunkirk’ WWII Footage Featuring Tom Hardy
- Thompson on Hollywood: ‘Dunkirk’ and ‘Wonder Woman’ Sneaks Inspire CinemaCon, But Warner Bros.’ Plea For Change Does Not
- ScreenRant: Wonder Woman CinemaCon Footage Description
- ScreenRant: Blade Runner 2049 CinemaCon Footage Features Jared Leto
- Comic Book Movie: JUSTICE LEAGUE, WONDER WOMAN, & AQUAMAN CinemaCon Footage Descriptions Tease Plenty For FansJUSTICE LEAGUE, WONDER WOMAN, & AQUAMAN CinemaCon Footage Descriptions Tease Plenty For Fans
- USA Today: Christopher Nolan's 'Dunkirk'
Even though Mission: Impossible 6 will feature Tom Cruise tackling a stunt that tops anything else he’s done in the franchise before, he’ll have to pull it off without one of this newer teammates helping him out. Jeremy Renner has co-starred in both Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol and Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation as a member of Ethan Hunt’s Impossible Mission Force.
- Badass Digest: The MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE Series Finally Sloughs Its Jeremy Renner
- IGN Movies: Mission: Impossible 6 Won't Star Jeremy Renner
- Comic Book Movie: Jeremy Renner Rumored To Appear As Hawkeye In ANT-MAN AND THE WASP; Unlikely For MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE 6Jeremy Renner Rumored To Appear As Hawkeye In ANT-MAN AND THE WASP; Unlikely For MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE 6
- ScreenRant: Mission: Impossible 6 – Jeremy Renner Not Returning
- MovieWeb: Jeremy Renner Is Not Returning in Mission: Impossible 6
- Latino Review: Ant-Man 2: Jeremy Renner’s Hawkeye Rumored To Appear
Beauty and the Beast has crossed a worldwide box office milestone after being in theaters for less than two weeks.
- Deadline: ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Clocks $400M+ Overseas; Global Box Office At $751M
- Hollywood Reporter: Box-Office Preview: 'Baby' Muscles In on 'Beauty and the Beast'
- Dread Central: Horror Box Office – OPENING THIS WEEK: March 31, 2017
- Variety: Politics Heat Up the Box Office at D.C. Theaters
- Thompson on Hollywood: Why China’s Box Office May Not Save the Film Industry After All — CinemaCon 2017
There are good celebrity profiles, and then there are the ones that merit their own movies. In 2012, former antivirus software magnate John McAfee took Wired reporter Joshua Davis on a weird, darkly hilarious trip around his Belize compound while he was a person of interest in the Belizean investigation of an American expatriate’s murder. Who else could play him in a movie but certified weirdo Johnny Depp? Continue reading…
- We Got This Covered: Johnny Depp Will Be King Of The Jungle In John McAfee Biopic
- SlashFilm: ‘The Fate of the Furious’ Early Buzz: The Eighth Movie is as Crazy (and as Fun) as You’d Expect [Updated]
- The Wrap: ‘Fate of the Furious’ Praised as ‘Ridiculous’ and ‘Crazy’ After Surprise Screening
- MovieWeb: Fate of the Furious Early Reactions Call It a Crazy Action Masterpiece
- Comic Book Movie: LEGION Showrunner Noah Hawley Talks Season 2, Professor X, & That Crazy Post-Credits CliffhangerLEGION Showrunner Noah Hawley Talks Season 2, Professor X, & That Crazy Post-Credits Cliffhanger
While he’s best known for Supernatural these days, one of Misha Collins‘ most infamous roles was as Alexis Drazen in the series 24 in 2012, in which that character had a little problem with the U.S. Senate. One Senator in particular, anyway.
- Vulture: Donald Trump And Paul Ryan Bring Their Best Thelma & Louise Cliff Dive to Samantha Bee’s Breakdown of the Trumpcare Fail
- Deadline: Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Motivates Women
- Deadline: Trevor Noah Explains Why Donald Trump Declined To Throw Out First Pitch On Opening Day
- Deadline: Donald Trump Again Threatens Libel Law Change To Squash Press Coverage Of Administration
- Deadline: Paul Ryan: Donald Trump Said He Was Clueless About Judge Jeanine’s Opening Salvo
Despite Vin Diesel and Dwayne Johnson reportedly making amends, The Fate of the Furious stars are being kept apart during the press tour.
- Bleeding Cool: Report: In Better Booking Than WWE, Fate Of The Furious Producers Keep The Rock And Vin Diesel Apart On Press Tour
- Cinema Blend: The Fate Of The Furious Is The The Best Movie You Have Ever Seen, According To Vin Diesel
- The A.V. Club: Great Job, Internet!: Behold: A ham and cheese sandwich that looks like Vin Diesel
- ScreenRant: Fate of the Furious: Vin Diesel Teases New Trilogy Characters
- Screen Crush: Vin Diesel Says 'The Fate of the Furious' Is Going to Launch a New Trilogy
The DCEU’s Justice League may have been the one dominating social media last week, thanks to the full-length trailer that was just released, but Wonder Woman is still to come before the whole team get together. Hitting theaters in just over two months, this will be the first solo movie for the DC Extended Universe since 2013’s Man Of Steel, and fans are looking forward to seeing Wonder Woman’s backstory told on the big screen.
- Moviefone: Chris Pine Is Disappointed You Won't See His 'Hard Work' in 'Wonder Woman'
- Cinema Blend: Chris Pine Talks To Us About Wonder Woman, But We're Still Getting Used To His Shaved Head
- We Got This Covered: DC Reveals Wonder Woman Day Books
- SlashFilm: Superhero Bits: Gwyneth Paltrow Back in the MCU, Wonder Woman: Commemorative Edition & More
- The Wrap: ‘Wonder Woman’ Footage Teases Villain Ares, Shows Gal Gadot and Chris Pine Getting Close
While DC Comics properties are struggling on the big screen, there is no doubt that they have found their groove on the small screen. Since the debut of Arrow in 2012, he as been joined by The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow and Supergirl and have been successful enough to be picked up for yet another season. Thanks to these shows we have been able to see a a huge variety of characters that would have never made it to the big screen.
- Dark Horizons: First Photo: Cress Williams Is “Black Lightning”
- Comic Book Movie: Cress Williams Suits Up As BLACK LIGHTNING In First Official Image From The CW SeriesCress Williams Suits Up As BLACK LIGHTNING In First Official Image From The CW Series
- Bleeding Cool: Cress Williams Puts On The Black Lightning Costume
- JoBlo: Get your first look at Cress Williams as Black Lightning
- AintItCool: Learn What The CW/Belanti Version Of DC Comics’ BLACK LIGHTNING Looks Like!!
James Wan’s throwback supernatural horror film The Conjuring has spawned an unlikely franchise, including a successful sequel and the spinoff Annabelle series. All three films proved to be hugely profitable for Warner Bros. and New Line Cinema, grossing nearly $900 million worldwide. The upcoming sequel to Annabelle is directed by David F. Sandberg (Lights Out) and written by Annabelle scribe Gary Dauberman. Annabelle 2 will focus more on the doll’s maker, who invites a nun and a group of young girls into his home after they are forced to leave an orphanage.
- Screen Crush: The 'Annabelle' Sequel's Official New Title Is 'Annabelle: Creation'
- The A.V. Club: Newswire: Annabelle 2 gets new title, possible origin story
- IGN Movies: Annabelle 2 Has a New Title
- Dark Horizons: “Annabelle” Sequel Gets A New Title
- The Wrap: ‘Annabelle’ Horror Sequel Scores New Title
The first teaser poster for the upcoming Kingsman: The Golden Circle was released at Cinema Con this weekend and while it doesn’t give us many hints about the upcoming movie it does continue to hint that Harry Hart (Colin Firth) isn’t as dead as we thought from that shot in the head. #Kingsman: The Golden Circle. Coming Soon. pic.twitter.com/DOPUGiyrRl — Kingsman (@KingsmanMovie) March 30, 2017 Kingsman: The Golden Circle will be released September 29, 2017. ‘Kingsman: The Golden Circle’ Gets Another Teaser Poster
- Coming Soon: The New Poster for Kingsman: The Golden Circle
- We Got This Covered: Fox Debuts New Poster For Kingsman: The Golden Circle
- Dark Horizons: First “Kingsman: The Golden Circle” Poster
- Comic Book Movie: First Teaser Poster And Synopsis For Matthew Vaughn's KINGSMAN: THE GOLDEN CIRCLE ReleasedFirst Teaser Poster And Synopsis For Matthew Vaughn's KINGSMAN: THE GOLDEN CIRCLE Released
- Screen Crush: Cheerio, the New 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle' Poster Officially Confirms Colin Firth's Return
Frozen was a phenomenon. It is the highest grossing animated movie ever made, the ninth highest grossing film ever made, the highest grossing of 2013, and the best selling Blu-ray ever in the United States. It also won numerous awards, including two Oscars – Best Animated Film and Best Original Song (“Let it Go”). Disney followed it up quickly with a short film – Frozen Fever – while both a full-length sequel and a Broadway musical adaption are in the works. And it was almost a very different movie.
All the current buzz surrounding the DC Extended Universe might currently revolve around Wonder Woman, which comes out in just a few months, and Justice League, which just dropped a big trailer, but after that comes Aquaman, and based on the reactions to Jason Momoa in the Justice League trailer, Aquaman’s stock has risen significantly in just a few days. The timing of this increased interest in Aquaman couldn’t be more fortuitous, as it happened to come just a few days before Warner Bros.’ panel at CinemaCon, where they covered Wonder Woman, Justice League, and gave a the
- We Got This Covered: Wonder Woman And Aquaman Make A Splash At CinemaCon 2016
- The Wrap: James Wan Offers ‘Aquaman’ Sneak Peek at CinemaCon 2017
- IGN Movies: Aquaman Designs Suggest Lord of the Rings Underwater
- Cinema Blend: Apparently Aquaman Will Feature Humans Riding Sharks Into Battle
Two writers credited their comedy script to Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg and got it read by many big stars and execs.
A new report claims that Jeremy Renner will return as Hawkeye in Ant-Man and the Wasp, which means he can't return for Mission: Impossible 6.
- Dark Horizons: Hawkeye To Appear In “Ant-Man” Sequel?
- ScreenRant: Ant-Man and The Wasp: Hawkeye Rumored to Appear
- Comic Book Movie: ANT-MAN AND THE WASP: The First Logo For The Marvel Sequel Was Unveiled At CinemaCon Last NightANT-MAN AND THE WASP: The First Logo For The Marvel Sequel Was Unveiled At CinemaCon Last Night
Director Steven Spielberg lavished praise on departing film Academy president Cheryl Boone Isaacs on Wednesday, at the top of a CinemaCon presentation in her honor. Of the 31 presidents in the Academy’s history, Spielberg said the office’s job is to “take the blame for a lot of things they’re not responsible for, and rarely get credit for the things that they are.” Spielberg continued, “none may have faced what Cheryl has faced in her years.” Also Read: How Could Oscars Have Screwed Up 'Moonlight' Best Picture Moment? The director appeared
- Deadline: Academy President Cheryl Boone Isaacs Urges Diversity & Inclusion In Pioneer Of The Year Speech – CinemaCon
- IndieWire: As the Academy Scandal Recedes, President Cheryl Boone Isaacs Accepts CinemaCon’s Pioneer Award
- Variety: CinemaCon: Cheryl Boone Isaacs Receives Pioneer Award, Stresses Diversity
So I was at Starbucks this morning getting a coffee when the cashier, noticing my Spider-Man jacket, started talking about the new trailer. His big takeaway from the trailer was how ironic it was that Michael Keaton was playing The Vulture, a character similar to the Birdman character from the film of the same name. In my mind I thought "Screw you, he's Batman." The new Spider-Man: Homecoming trailer is out and there is a lot to talk about. You get a little peek into what the film is about.
- IGN Movies: Spider-Man May Leave MCU After Homecoming Sequel
- Cinema Blend: Is Venom Connected To Spider-Man: Homecoming? Here's What The Director Says
- Comic Book Movie: SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING Producer Suggests Spidey's Future In the MCU Could Be Uncertain Following The SequelSPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING Producer Suggests Spidey's Future In the MCU Could Be Uncertain Following The Sequel
- Latino Review: Spider-Man: Homecoming - Is Gwyneth Paltrow Reprising Her Role As Pepper Potts?
In the latest roster reveal for NetherRealm and WB Games' Injustice 2, new additions Captain Cold & Scarecrow team up with Grodd and Bane. Hit the jump to see some awesome gameplay footage...
- We Got This Covered: Latest Injustice 2 Trailer Shows Gorilla Grodd, Bane, Scarecrow And Captain Cold In Action
- Dark Horizons: Scarecrow, Captain Cold “Injustice 2” Promo
- Coming Soon: It’s Good to be Bad in the New Injustice 2 Trailer
Now that JOHN WICK 2 has made the Keanu Reeves-led series a bona fide franchise by doubling the money of the original AND getting superior reception, it’s now time to pay thanks to whatever lives in the sky and controls everything down here like a kid playing with Legos. That, or we could just pay actual money on June 13, which is the official release date for the Blu-ray version of the movie! This... Read More...
- ScreenRant: John Wick: Chapter 2 Blu-ray Release Date & Features
- Badass Digest: LEGION 1.08 “Chapter 8”
- JoBlo: TV Review: Legion - Season 1, Episode 8 - "Chapter 8"
- SlashFilm: ‘Legion’ Spoiler Review: Thoughts on ”Chapter 8”
Operation Finale: Oscar Isaac (Star Wars: The Force Awakens, above) is in final negotiations to star in and produce Operation Finale. It's based on a true story about Israeli spies who hunted for Nazi general Adolf Eichmann in Argentina in the 1960s so that he could stand trial for his heinous crimes against humanity. Matthew Orton wrote the script; Chris Weitz, who cowrote Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, is set to direct. [Deadline] Cloverfield: Producer J.J. Abrams'...Read MoreRead Comments
- ScreenRant: Oscar Isaac Starring in Nazi Hunt Thriller Operation Finale
- Screen Crush: Oscar Isaac to Hunt Down Nazis in WWII Thriller 'Operation Finale'
- JoBlo: Oscar Isaac to hunt Nazis for Chris Weitz in Operation Finale
- Fandango Movie Blog: News Briefs: New 'Jumanji' Title and Plot Details Revealed
Just last month, Moonlight rocked the cinematic world when it upset favorite La La Land (in a very direct way) to win the Academy Award for Best Picture. Since, the film has seen a much wider release all across America — an incredible achievement in itself, as the movie depicts a gay love story between two black men. The film shattered several representational milestones as the first movie with an all-black cast to win Best Picture and the first Best Picture winner to center on LGBT themes.
The Zookeeper's Wife explores the remarkable true story behind a Polish couple's courage during World War II.
We usually have to wait until the newest Pixar film hits theaters to enjoy the latest Pixar short, but fans of the beloved animated studio won’t have to wait until this fall to see Dante’s Lunch… A Short Tail. Pixar has released their new short online a full eight months ahead of its theatrical debut, giving fans another sneak peek at the colorful world of Coco via the life of his endearing dog, Dante. Continue reading…
Are you ready for seconds? Netflix has officially renewed its zombie mom series Santa Clarita Diet for a second season, and they have an announcement teaser full of body parts to prove it.Stars Drew Barrymore and Timothy Olyphant will be back to reprise their roles.
- Horror-Movies.ca: Netflix Announces Season Two of ‘Santa Clarita Diet’
- Bleeding Cool: Netflix Serves Up A Second Helping Of ‘Santa Clarita Diet’ In 2018
Now that he’s finished with Transformers, Michael Bay is in search of his next project, which may come in the form of a movie about elusive drug kingpin El Chapo. Sony Pictures has finally obtained the film rights to the book Hunting El Chapo: The Thrilling Inside Story of the American lawman Who Captured the World’s Most-Wanted Drug Lord, and Michael Bay is on their potential list of directors. Continue reading…
For a movie franchise that began as Point Break with cars, Fast & Furious has come a long way. Whether it was drifting through Tokyo, robbing banks, jumping out of planes or through buildings, the franchise has become more of an event with each passing installment in the action-heavy franchise. Throughout the series’ evolution, it has managed to maintain a core theme of family. As with any franchise that lasts this long, at a certain point audiences begin to question when it will fall off and whether or not it can successfully incorporate new elements into he familiar formula.
We could be looking at the best King adaptation since ‘The Mist.’If you’re like me, well first off congratulations, but more relevantly, the announcement of a feature film adaptation of Stephen King’s epic horror novel, IT, probably left you feeling conflicted. On the one hand, more King adaptations and horror films in general are undeniably good things. On the other though, that’s a lot of book to cram into a feature film, and we already have a fairly competent mini-series adaptation as well.Plus — and I may be alone on this one — I don’t love the novel.
"This is the price of our rage. Embrace it, don't fear it." IFC Films has released another new official US trailer for the indie horror thriller film A Dark Song, from Irish/Welsh filmmaker Liam Gavin. This horror story follows a determined young woman grieving over the loss of her young son, who reaches out to an occultist with experience in an ancient invocation ritual that she believes might allow her to make contact with her deceased child. Catherine Walker stars as Sophia, with a full cast including Mark Huberman, Susan Loughnane and Steve Oram.
Anytime Paul Thomas Anderson releases a new movie is cause for celebration, but this year doubly so.Via Jeff Sneider, EIC of The Tracking Board, it was announced yesterday at the Focus Features presentation during Cinema Con that the writer-director’s next film, the yet-to-be-officially-titled collaboration with Daniel Day Lewis about a royal dressmaker in the 1950s, will be released here in the US on Christmas Day 2017.No footage was shown and that pesky working title — Phantom Thread — was neither confirmed nor denied, but by all accounts production is going swimmingly and an end-date is in
The first independent film Alicia Malone discusses this week tackles an important story that you've probably never heard of. In The Zookeeper's Wife, Jessica Chastain stars as the Polish zookeeper Antonina Zabinski, who with her husband helped turn their zoo into not only a haven for animals but also a safe harbor for Jews during the German invasion of World War II. It's an incredible but true story of one woman's heroism that Chastain told us she hopes won't be her last....Read MoreRead Comments
At least visually Luc Besson seems to bring his A-game with Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets, now let’s hope the movie is more The Fifth Element and less Jupiter Ascending. “A dark force threatens Alpha, a vast metropolis and home to species from a thousand planets. Special operatives Valerian and Laureline must […] Read The New Stunning Trailer for Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets on Filmonic.
A few years back, the character of Spider-Man was on the ropes. Audiences had grown sick of his backstory, and were craving something a little less same-y. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 was the straw that broke the camel’s back on that one, and was proof that not everyone could nail a shared universe as well as Marvel Studios.
A.D. Miles is stepping down as “Tonight Show” head writer, TheWrap has learned. The comedian is returning to Los Angeles with his family to pursue acting and also sitcom and film writing, we’ve been told. Miles, who will still scribe skits for Jimmy Fallon over the next few weeks, will continue to work with his longtime boss as he and the “Tonight Show” host are doing an animated feature together. NBC’s 11:30 p.m. viewers may best know Miles as the dorky Camp Winnipesaukee counselor that constantly cracked friends Fallon and Justin Timberlake up.
Warner Bros. Chairman and CEO Kevin Tsujihara was absent from the studio’s CinemaCon presentation in Las Vegas, Nevada, for the first time in three years. The presentation, titled “The Big Picture,” kicked off with Warner Bros. President of Worldwide Marketing Sue Kroll, who introduced TV host Maria Menounos as the evening’s emcee. Warner Bros. Pictures President and Chief Content Officer Toby Emmerich, who replaced Greg Silverman just months ago, was also absent from the presentation.
Rowan Atkinson is at his slapstick best in the ’90s British comedy show Mr Bean, where he spends his time pulling funny faces and showing the world how physical comedy should be done. The show is all about Mr Bean’s ridiculous adventures as he tries to navigate the world in his little red mini with his teddy at his side, and it’s simply good old fashioned fun for the whole family.
The Tobolowsky Files is back, and will be releasing weekly episodes for the next few months! In this episode: The most surprising thing about the future can be the past. The Tobolowsky Files is a podcast from the people who brought you the /Filmcast, featuring a series of stories about life, love, and the entertainment industry, as told by legendary character actor Stephen Tobolowsky. You can e-mail Stephen at stephentobolowsky(AT)gmail(DOT)com.
BAYWATCH - At this point you pretty much know whether or not you're going to see BAYWATCH and I'd wager that most of you are. Dwayne Johnson, Zac Efron, Alexandra Daddario, Kelly Rohrbach, Priyanka Chopra and Ilfenesh Hadera lead the cast and the trailers thus far have done enough to either sell you a ticket or grab hold of your wallet. For my money, I'm all in, as this just looks like a big, dumb, raunchy... Read More...
The Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences has had its share of troubles over the last decade, as the televised ceremony continues to struggle with ratings and viewer numbers continue to erode.
CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT ALL OF OUR EPISODE REVIEWS OF MARVEL'S IRON FIST EPISODE 12: "Bar The Big Boss" SYNOPSIS: Ward receives an offer with strings attached. Davos advocates for an extreme solution and a deadly duel gets personal. REVIEW: The penultimate episode of every television series has the difficult duty of tying up... Read More...
- The A.V. Club: Movie Review: The Boss Baby is too big for its britches
In a new interview, Lauren Cohan (Maggie) gives fans an idea of what to expect from this Sunday's season 7 finale of The Walking Dead. We also have some lovely photos from her shoot with Bazaar.
Death is a grisly business. It comes to all of us. Even if you happen to be the King of France, who's been reigning for 72 years. All the documented evidence indicates Louis XIV died of gangrene on his leg caused by diabetes.
Kobe Bryant is working through some stuff everybody. The 5-time NBA champion has appeared in videos for ESPN with a puppet named Little Momba (get it?) to tell all of us what it means to have what he refers to as his “Musecage”. What is a Musecage you ask? Here, I will let him explain first. Umm…what?
Meet Ferdinand. He’s the most kind and gentle bull you’ll ever meet.From the brilliant mind of Brazilian director Carlos Saldanha (Rio, Ice Age), Ferdinand is based off a lovable children’s book by Munro Leaf.The film is about a bull, with a big heart, is mistaken for a ferocious dangerous beast.
A couple years ago, director Matthew Vaughn released a film called Kingsman: The Secret Service. It was based on a comic by Mark Millar, but to the general public, it seemed like another generic spy movie take. To those who didn’t realize the genius of Matthew Vaughn, it may have even been overlooked as another YA teen flick — at least based on the advertising.
Five Nights at Freddy’s is a point-and-click survival horror video game about a night time security guard at a Chuck E. Cheese’s-like pizza joint, who finds himself being attacked by a group of deranged animatronic characters.
NEON Anne Hathaway has had to deal with an unusual amount of internet scorn – certainly more than average for someone in her position. In my brief encounters with her during interview situations, she’s always been funny, gracious (in that it’s obvious she’s putting a lot of thought into her answers as opposed to just giving canned answers) and shockingly self-aware. In 2014, she bluntly told me, “My impression is that people needed a break from me,” and I was completely unprepared to respond to that and didn’t really say much back and I’ve regretted that.
Goldie Hawn’s anticipated return to movies comes this year in the Amy Schumer comedy “Snatched” — and 20th Century Fox used that momentum to open their Thursday CinemaCon presentation. Hawn and Schumer woke up the convention of American theater exhibitors on its last day with some solid mother-daughter shtick. Schumer, clad in a high-necked blouse with a black dress layered on top, immediately asked Hawn, “do I look like a little fat girl on my way to Temple?
Say goodbye to the Mockingjay, and hello to the killer ballerina “Red Sparrow.” Jennifer Lawrence’s upcoming Fox spy thriller finally surfaced in the form of a CinemaCon trailer on Thursday — and Lawrence is in deep Brian De Palma mode. Oscar-winner Lawrence plays Dominika Egorova, a Russian prima ballerina seemingly sabotaged with an injury by another in her dance company. Not wanting to let her able body and dramatic versatility go to waste, Charlotte Rampling recruits her as a spy for the Russian Government.
1. Beauty And The BeastGross: $90,426,717Total: $319,032,604
2. Power RangersGross: $40,300,288Total: $40,300,288
3. Kong: Skull IslandGross: $14,670,653Total: $133,747,891
4. LifeGross: $12,501,936Total: $12,501,936
5. LoganGross: $10,334,390Total: $201,644,986