Top Movie News for October 25, 2016
Yes, we know Negan dispatched more than one character during The Walking Dead's season 7 premiere, but just in case there's anyone that hasn't managed to see the episode yet we're still operating on SPOILER ALERT mode. AMC has released a couple of "Farewell to The Fallen" featurettes, in which both Steven Yeun (Glenn Rhee) and Michael Cudlitz (Abraham Ford) thank their fans for all of their support over the years. It's sad to see these guys go, but the vids also contain a couple of heart-warming and funny moments as some of the other cast members jump in at the
- Dread Central: The Walking Dead’s Fallen Say Farewell; Get a Sneak Peek of Episode 7.02 – The Well
- Bleeding Cool: The Walking Dead – A Farewell From The Fallen (Spoilers)
- Dark Horizons: “Walking Dead” Brutality Turns Fans Off
- We Got This Covered: Negan’s Victim From The Walking Dead Season 7 Premiere Explains His Final Words
- Vulture: Greg Nicotero Didn’t Mean to Troll You With The Walking Dead’s Premiere
- We Got This Covered: AMC Releases Several New Featurettes For The Walking Dead
- Moviefone: You Weren't Alone in Your 'Walking Dead' Season 7 Premiere Tears
- We Got This Covered: Leaked Video Reveals An Alternate Death Scene From The Walking Dead Season 7 Premiere
- The A.V. Club: Newswire: Alternate death scene to The Walking Dead premiere leaks online
- Variety: ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7 Premiere Ratings: Huge, But Not a Record
- Deadline: ‘Walking Dead’ Ratings Near All-Time High With Season 7 Debut & Thrashes NFL
- IndieWire: ‘The Walking Dead’ Premiere Ratings: Negan Helps Smash Records, with Huge Gains vs. Last Year
- Vulture: Jeffrey Dean Morgan on The Walking Dead Premiere: ‘It Was Just So F***ing Heavy’
- Vulture: The Walking Dead Season-7 Premiere Is Likely the Most-Watched Episode of the Series Ever
- Deadline: AMC Networks’ Shares Come Alive On Big Ratings For ‘Walking Dead’
- Moviefone: 'The Walking Dead' Premiere Beat Everything Else on TV
- Horror Society: The Cliffhanger Worked: Walking Dead Premiere Saw Most Watched Episode Since Season 5!
- Comic Book Movie: Go Behind The Scenes Of Last's Night's Gruesome Premiere Of THE WALKING DEAD With These New Images
- Film School Rejects: The Walking Dead Swings and Misses But Still Manages to Shock
- Twitch: Destroy All Monsters: As THE WALKING DEAD Reminds Us, The Apocalypse Is Going To Be Disappointing Too
- Deadline: Obama $100K A Ticket Fundraiser At Jeffrey Katzenberg’s Gets “Emotional”
While it's likely we'll see Doctor Strange's next full appearance in Avengers: Infinity War, the possibilities are endless when it comes to the future of Marvel's Sorcerer Supreme after his first film releases on November 4th. Director Scott Derrickson confirmed to Den of Geek that he's been thinking about ideas for a sequel, given his love for the character and the source material. "I love the character, I love the visual possibilities, and I know the comics so well - [the first movie is] the tip of an iceberg.
- SlashFilm: Scott Derrickson Would Love to Make a Visceral ‘Doctor Strange’ Sequel in the Vein of ‘The Dark Knight’
- Cinema Blend: Scott Derrickson’s Idea For Doctor Strange 2 Borrows From The Dark Knight
- Latino Review: DOCTOR STRANGE 2: Director Scott Derrickson Calls The First Film “The Tip Of The Iceberg”
- We Got This Covered: Doctor Strange Director Wants To Craft A “Visceral” Sequel In The Vein Of The Dark Knight
- MovieWeb: Doctor Strange Shows Off His Many Powers in 4 New TV Spots
- Bleeding Cool: Jimmy Kimmel Hires Doctor Strange To Be A Magician For Some Real ‘Demons’
- ScreenRant: Doctor Strange Director Teases Villain Story Plans for the Sequel
- Entertainment Weekly: Review: 'Doctor Strange': EW review
- SlashFilm: New ‘Doctor Strange’ TV Spots Pile On More Marvelous Magic and Mysticism
- ScreenRant: Benedict Cumberbatch Says Doctor Strange Will Be An Avenger
- Bleeding Cool: Doctor Strange, The Bleeding Cool Review – Complete With Man-On-Cloak Action
- Bleeding Cool: Doctor Strange Director Says A Sequel Would Allow More Time To Go Deep On A Villain
- MovieWeb: Doctor Strange Will Join the Avengers Says Benedict Cumberbatch
- Bleeding Cool: A Late Night Video Chat After Seeing Doctor Strange
- Latino Review: Cumberbatch Comments On DOCTOR STRANGE Becoming An AVENGER
Adam West is a very important figure in the Batman pantheon, and his contribution to making the character endure can not be understated. It’s why cameos have always been to be a fun idea in film adaptations. Ben Affleck‘s Batman is upcoming too, so Comicbook.com recently asked West, if he had a choice, what would he do with a cameo in the film. West got pretty specific with an answer. He said: You know what I’d love to do?
- MovieWeb: Adam West Wants to Play This DC Character in Affleck's The Batman
- ScreenRant: Adam West Has A Cameo Idea For Ben Affleck’s The Batman
- Cinema Blend: The DC Villain Teresa Palmer Really Wants To Play In Ben Affleck’s Solo Batman Movie
- ScreenRant: Teresa Palmer Wants to Play Talia Al Ghul in Ben Affleck’s Batman
- Dark Horizons: Affleck: You Can’t “Fail Quietly” With Batman
- Cinema Blend: Ben Affleck Updates Fans On The Status Of His Batman Script
- We Got This Covered: Where’s Our Batman: The Telltale Series – Episode 3: New World Order Review?
- We Got This Covered: The LEGO Batman Movie: New Still Delves Into Bruce Wayne’s Crammed Garage
- ScreenRant: Batman V Superman Concept Art: A Closer Look at Batman’s Armor
- Comic Book Movie: Ben Affleck Talks BATMAN vs. Jon Bernthal's Punisher, Working With J.K. Simmons, And Anna Kendrick As Batgirl
- ScreenRant: The Batman: Ben Affleck Says The Movie ‘Can’t Fail Quietly’
- MovieWeb: Ben Affleck Won't Stop Working on The Batman Script Until It's Perfect
- Latino Review: THE BATMAN: Ben Affleck Is In Full-On “Trying To Get It Right Mode”
- JoBlo: Lights Out's Teresa Palmer wants to be Talia al Ghul in Ben Affleck's Batman
- ScreenRant: The LEGO Batman Movie Image: Batman Has Sick Rides
Nick Park rose to fame as the creator of accident-prone pooch Gromit and his faithful human companion Wallace, but that shouldn’t detract from the all-around wonderfulness of his other plaything, Shaun the Sheep. A curious barnyard mute with a taste for hijinks and impromptu adventure, Shaun got his own feature film in 2015, wherein he and his buddies ventured into the city to rescue their beloved farmer after a fit of amnesia convinces him that he’s actually a celebrity hairdresser.
- Vulture: Shaun the Sheep to Fill Up Your Charming Stop-Motion Animal Quota With a Sequel
- Deadline: Aardman, Studiocanal Reunite Flock For ‘Shaun The Sheep Movie 2’ – AFM
- Variety: ‘Shaun the Sheep Movie’ Sequel in the Works at Aardman, Studiocanal
- Dark Horizons: Aardman Announces “Shaun the Sheep 2”
- Coming Soon: Shaun the Sheep Sequel in Development at Aardman
- We Got This Covered: Aardman Rounds Up The Flock For Shaun The Sheep Sequel
- SlashFilm: ‘Shaun the Sheep Movie’ Sequel Announced by Aardman
- Twitch: SHAUN THE SHEEP: Sequel Announced For The Popular Animated Film
- JoBlo: Shaun the Sheep 2 will be flocking to a theater near you
Moana is the next feature-length film by Walt Disney Animation Studios, following the release of the blockbuster hit Zootopia from earlier this year. There are plenty of reasons to get excited about the new musical comedy co-directed by Ron Clements and John Musker (The Little Mermaid, Aladdin) – one of which being that the movie’s songs were co-written by Lin-Manuel Miranda.
- Screen Crush: New 'Moana' Clip Features a Braggadocious Dwayne Johnson Singing a Lin-Manuel Miranda Tune
- The Wrap: Dwayne Johnson Sings Lin-Manuel Miranda’s ‘You’re Welcome’ in New ‘Moana’ Clip (Video)
- SlashFilm: Listen: Dwayne Johnson Sings “You’re Welcome” From ‘Moana’, Written By Lin Manuel Miranda
- Latino Review: MOANA: Dwayne Johnson Sings Song By HAMILTON’S Lin-Manuel Miranda [VIDEO]
- MovieWeb: Dwayne Johnson Sings in a New Clip from Disney's Moana
- JoBlo: Dwayne Johnson sings in this musical clip from Moana
- HitFix: 'You're Welcome:' The Rock sings Lin-Manuel Miranda's 'Moana' music
After spending yet another lengthy amount of time in the world of Middle-Earth with THE HOBBIT trilogy, Peter Jackson is still looking to remain in the realm of fantasy for his next project. Not too long after development began on THE HOBBIT, when it was still to be directed by Guillermo del Toro, Jackson and Fran Walsh began work on adapting Philips Reeve's "Mortal Engines"... Read More...
- The Wrap: Peter Jackson to Adapt ‘Mortal Engines’ for Universal and MRC
- The A.V. Club: Newswire: Peter Jackson to try his hand at dystopian YA films with Mortal Engines
- We Got This Covered: Peter Jackson Sets Mortal Engines Adaptation As Next Project, But He Won’t Direct
- Screen Crush: Peter Jackson Getting His 'Lord of the Rings' Gang Back Together for 'Mortal Engines'
- MovieWeb: Mortal Engines Movie Finally Happening with Producer Peter Jackson
- ScreenRant: Peter Jackson Co-Writing YA Book Adaptation Mortal Engines
- AintItCool: Lord of the Rings creative team to tackle steampunk-y post-apocalyptic tale MORTAL ENGINES!
Andrew Garfield was a pretty decent Spider-Man by most accounts. His Peter Parker was a little Abercrombie and Fitch, but all in all, I think he did a great job and it’s a shame his tenure was cut so short. It seems he has no hard feelings over it though, as he is really looking forward to Tom Holland taking on the character. In fact, he said that he is really excited that Marvel have the property again. Speaking to Fandango, he said: If I am being totally honest, I am so excited Spider-Man is back in the hands of Marvel. I think that’s a really awesome move.
- ScreenRant: Andrew Garfield Excited About Marvel’s New Spider-Man
- Fandango Movie Blog: Why Andrew Garfield Is Happy 'Spider-Man 3' Never Happened
- MovieWeb: Why Andrew Garfield Is Glad Amazing Spider-Man 3 Didn't Happen
- Comic Book Movie: Andrew Garfield Talks THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3's Cancellation And Seeing The Wall-Crawler In The MCU
- Variety: Mel Gibson on Andrew Garfield in ‘Hacksaw Ridge’: He Was a ‘Real Superhero’
- Fandango Movie Blog: Andrew Garfield on Martin Scorsese's 'Silence': "It's Meditative and Brutal Simultaneously"
- Latino Review: Garfield On Why He's Grateful That AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3 Never Happened
John Wick is clearly a culmination of a ton of action influences, that much is clear. It stands on the shoulders of the best there have been, and is all the better for it. There is going to be one very specific influence in the sequel though. Speaking to Empire, Keeanu Reeves talked about a sequence at the end of the film, and released a photo to go with it. It features villains Riccardo Scamarcio and Ruby Rose Check it out: It looks like one of the big scenes in the film will feature a maze of mirrors which is a purposeful homage to Bruce Lee‘s Enter the Dragon.
- SlashFilm: New ‘John Wick: Chapter 2’ Images Pay Homage to Bruce Lee’s ‘Enter the Dragon’
- Dark Horizons: “John Wick 2” New Photos, HK Influence
- ScreenRant: John Wick 2 Director Talks Hong Kong Influence; New Images Arrive
- Latino Review: JOHN WICK: CHAPTER 2 - Director Cites Hong Kong Influence, Plus New Images
- JoBlo: Keanu Reeves talks John Wick 2 plus new images
- MovieWeb: Ruby Rose Vs. Keanu Reeves in New John Wick 2 Photos
It is no exaggeration to say that few comic book movies have achieved the special kind of success that Fox found with Deadpool. This isn’t just because the film grossed record-breaking totals or that it employed a unique and often hilarious promotional campaign in the months and weeks leading up to the movie’s release. Rather, Deadpool brought with it an R-rating and a disposition that refused to take itself too seriously. The end result was a movie that stayed true to the comic book anti-hero that fans know and love.
- Latino Review: DEADPOOL 2: Fan Has Terrible Idea To Lock Down Quentin Tarantino To Direct, Creates Petition
- SlashFilm: ‘Deadpool 2’: James Gunn “Bummed” About Director Tim Miller’s Departure, Fans Petition for Quentin Tarantino
- Screen Crush: Petition Launched for Quentin Tarantino to Direct 'Deadpool 2' After Tim Miller's Exit
- The Wrap: Tim Miller’s ‘Deadpool 2’ Exit Sparks Petition for Quentin Tarantino to Direct Sequel
- MovieWeb: Fans Want Quentin Tarantino to Direct Deadpool 2
- Twitch: Have Your Say: Who Would Be A Good Fit For Directing DEADPOOL 2?
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story could prove to be the first in a long line of Star Wars “Anthology” films that are not part of the franchise’s central storyline (which continues in 2017 with Star Wars: Episode VIII). A second Star Wars spinoff is already moving forward in the form of directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller’s Han Solo movie, featuring Alden Ehrenreich (Hail, Caesar!) and Donald Glover (Atlanta) as a young Han Solo and Lando Calrissian, respectively.
- Comic Book Movie: Jyn Erso, Orson Krennic And K-2SO Feature In These New ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS STORY Images
- Cinema Blend: Why Filming With Darth Vader Led Rogue One To A Funny Interruption
- SlashFilm: ‘Rogue One: A Star Wars Story’ Score Forced Michael Giacchino to Work on His Birthday
- IGN Movies: Star Wars Rebels: New Clip Shows Sabine Cornered!
- SlashFilm: ‘Star Wars Episode 8’ Will Reveal the Truth About Rey’s Parentage
- Comic Book Movie: Daisy Ridley Debunks Fan Theory Regarding Rey's Parentage In STAR WARS: EPISODE VIII
You know what? I feel that George Lucas is paradoxically not given enough credit for his contributions to pop-culture, while at the same time given way too much credit. Thing is, projects like STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES were definitely his babies, and he was a driving force in what makes them so great - from the stories, to the characters, to the tone, to the... Read More...
- Screen Crush: George Lucas Isn't Involved With the 'Indiana Jones 5' Story
- SlashFilm: Thank The Maker! George Lucas Not Involved With ‘Indiana Jones 5’ Story
- ScreenRant: Indiana Jones 5: George Lucas Is Not Involved With Story
- Latino Review: INDIANA JONES 5: Writer David Koepp Says George Lucas Isn’t Involved, Discusses Lessons Learned From CRYSTAL SKULL
- MovieWeb: George Lucas Won't Return for Indiana Jones 5
Justice League costar Jason Momoa proved to be a source of entertainment throughout production on the next Zack Snyder-helmed DC Extended Universe installment; in-between his antics on the movie’s and set during its wrap-up festivities. Everyone will get to properly meet Momoa’s version of Arthur Curry/Aquaman when Justice League arrives next year – though he’s not the only aquatic Meta-Human featured in the film.
- Coming Soon: James Wan Talks Aquaman and Mera’s Relationship in the Solo Film
- Comic Book Movie: James Wan Reveals Some Surprising New Details About AQUAMAN And Mera's Relationship
- IGN Movies: James Wan on Aquaman and Mera's Love-Hate Chemistry
- Cinema Blend: How Aquaman And Mera’s Relationship Will Be Different In The DCEU
- Latino Review: AQUAMAN: Wan Promises An Epic Love Between Arthur And Mera
Machinima has partnered with YOMYOMF, Justin Lin (Star Trek Beyond) and NBC Universal to produce a digital reboot of the 80’s television series Knight Rider. YOMYOMF and Lin will produce the new digital series that is in active development for a potential 2017 launch date. The announcement was made by Machinima CEO Chad Gutstein: Knight Rider is an iconic franchise whose concepts of AI and autonomous vehicles were science fiction in the 1980s and are now science fact.
- Variety: ‘Knight Rider’ Reboot From Justin Lin Set at Machinima
- Deadline: ‘Knight Rider’ To Ride Again As Machinima Digital Series With Justin Lin At The Wheel
- Coming Soon: Justin Lin and Machinima Producing Knight Rider Reboot
- SlashFilm: ‘Knight Rider’ Digital Series Reboot Coming From ‘Fast and Furious’ Director Justin Lin
- Badass Digest: Buckle Up: Justin Lin Is Rebooting KNIGHT RIDER
Prometheus concludes with the Trilobite and the Engineer giving birth to The Deacon. The baby blue-skinned alien hardly ended Sir Ridley Scott‘s film with a bang. Will we ever see that Xenomorph-like creature ever again or was it simply a moment of underwhelming fan service?
- Dark Horizons: New “Alien: Covenant” Xenomorph Details
- The A.V. Club: Newswire: The Xenomorph’s predecessors get a new name in Alien: Covenant
- ScreenRant: Alien: Covenant – New Xenomorph Name & Details Revealed
- MovieWeb: New Alien: Covenant Xenomorph Name & Details Revealed
If you're not on-board with transforming all those beloved animated characters of yesteryear into live-action features, you'd best avoid the theater for the next decade. One of the many, and boy do I mean many, upcoming properties getting the live-action spin is Beatrix Potter's "Peter Rabbit". The character appeared in many of Potter's stories and Sony... Read More...
- Vulture: Margot Robbie Eyes Peter Rabbit As Her Zillionth Upcoming Project
- Cinema Blend: Margot Robbie Joins The Live-Action Peter Rabbit, Here’s Who She’s Playing
- The Wrap: Margot Robbie to Star in Sony’s Live-Action ‘Peter Rabbit’
- Screen Crush: Margot Robbie Currently in Talks to Join the 'Peter Rabbit' Movie
EPISODE 3: WELCOME TO EARTH SYNOPSIS: Kara fears the recently escaped Mon-El is behind an attack on the president, who Supergirl and the DEO have been assigned to protect; at the same time, the hot-button issue of aliens vs. human rights divides National City. REVIEW: It’s official, my friends. This season of Supergirl is rising to the top of my CW Superhero list faster than a... Read More...
- We Got This Covered: TV Talk: Supergirl 2×03 “Welcome To Earth” Review
- Badass Digest: SUPERGIRL Review 2.03 “Welcome To Earth”
- Comic Book Movie: Roulette Forces SUPERGIRL To Fight To The Death In The Promo For Next Week's Episode: "Survivors"
- Comic Book Movie: New Extended Promo For SUPERGIRL Season 2 Episode 4: "Survivors"
There are all kinds of rumors and leaks. Beware, as the Night is Dark and Full of Misdirection.Continue reading on Film School Rejects »
On Saturday night, AT&T agreed to acquire Time Warner for $85.4 billion in the biggest media deal since another one involving Time Warner — its 2000 merger with AOL, which also combined titans of content and distribution — and failed epically. According to the boards of both companies that signed off on the deal, this time it’s different.
- Vulture: Tom Hanks Revisits Zoltar and Wishes to Be Big Again, Which, at This Point, Really Means Small
- Deadline: Tom Hanks Negotiates With ‘Big’s Zoltar To Be Made 30 Again
- Cinema Blend: Tom Hanks Has One More Wish For Zoltar In This Amusing Big Spoof
- The Wrap: Tom Hanks Reunites With Zoltar Machine From ‘Big,’ Gets Another Wish Granted (Video)
What kind of cameo would Adam West like to make in a future Batman movie? Can Tilda Swinton convince Kevin Feige to make a spin-off for The Ancient One? How does Andrew Garfield feel about Tom Holland as the new Spider-Man? Which Avenger does Michael Douglas want to share a scene with at some point? How much longer is the Suicide Squad extended cut than the theatrical cut?
- ScreenRant: Suicide Squad Extended Cut Runtime & Special Features Revealed
- Comic Book Movie: SUICIDE SQUAD Blu-Ray Extended Cut Special Features And Official Runtime Revealed
- Latino Review: SUICIDE SQUAD Extended Cut Runtime Revealed
Hundreds of props and costumes from the "Twilight" film series are being sold in a massive auction.
"The pretty thing you are looking at is me. But it is me that still cannot see any of what is coming." Netflix has debuted the trailer for an indie horror thriller titled I Am The Pretty Thing That Lives In The House, which is actually opening this week in time for Halloween weekend. Best to get it out and available now while people are in the mood for some creepy horror. Ruth Wilson stars as a young nurse who moves into a secluded old house to care for an elderly, reclusive horror novelist who barely even acknowledges her.
- Vulture: Ruth Wilson’s I Am the Pretty Thing That Lives in the House Trailer Seeks to Permanently Ruin Houses for Everyone
- Badass Digest: I Am The Trailer For I AM THE PRETTY THING THAT LIVES IN THE HOUSE
- Screen Crush: Netflix Releases 'I Am the Pretty Thing That Lives in the House' Just in Time for Halloween
20th Century Fox has been developing a remake of ALIEN NATION for over a year now, but according to Jeff Nichols, who signed on to write and direct the project last month, it won't be a remake at all. Nichols chatted with ScreenCrush recently and said that the upcoming film "doesn’t really have anything to do with the original." Apparently the only connection... Read More...
Warner Bros. has filed a lawsuit against Innovative Artists Talent and Literary Agency for allowing pre-released film screeners — meant only for the eyes of a select few — to leak to the public. The studio filed legal documents against the talent agency on Monday, claiming that the company was careless in storing the movies on a Google Drive, which eventually leaked to file-sharing websites. Warner Bros.
David, Devindra and Jeff discuss Neill Blomkamp’s newest short film, and discuss the ethics of buying more reserved seats at the movie theater than you’re going to use. You can always e-mail us at slashfilmcast(AT)gmail(DOT)com, or call and leave a voicemail at 781-583-1993. Also, like us on Facebook! Download or Play Now: Subscribe to the /Filmcast: SHOWNOTES What We’ve Been Watching (02:00) David: The Escape Jeff: Doctor Strange Slashfilmcourt (12:00) Featured Review (29:40) Jack Reacher: Never Go Back Credits Our music sometimes comes from the work of Adam War
The Escape is what happens when a car company puts their best foot forward in creating a unique vision for their advertisements. This BMW-produced short film was an idea that originated back in 2001, placing Clive Owen in the role of a mysterious driver with serious skills behind the wheel. Owen would perform under the direction of several notable directors in various short films that placed him at the steering wheel of a BMW.
David Chen and Joanna Robinson recap the fourth episode of the first season of Westworld, “Dissonance Theory.” Be sure to read how the Man in Black is a bad gamer. Find more episodes of the podcast at decodingwestworld.com. Feel free to email us your theories at decodingwestworld(AT)gmail.com. Play Now in your Browser: Subscribe to Decoding Westworld: The post Decoding Westworld S1E04 – Dissonance Theory appeared first on /Film.
- JoBlo: TV Review: Westworld, Season 1, Episode 4: "Dissonance Theory"
- SlashFilm: ‘Westworld’ Spoiler Review: 10 Questions From “Dissonance Theory”
- SlashFilm: Jonathan Nolan and Jimmi Simpson Comment On That ‘Westworld’ Theory
- SlashFilm: Westworld Episode 5 Trailer Teases An Epic Meeting
- Film School Rejects: Westworld Episode 4 Review: Violence Begets Violence and Puzzle Pieces
- SlashFilm: ‘Westworld’ Bits: Backstories, Gaming, Fan Theories, Vincenzo Natali, and More
During the course of a romantic relationship, plenty of little, adorable gifts are given between lovers. The most typical gifts are usually flowers, candy or in some cases a teddy bear. Most of these little gifts end up being disposable, especially if the relationship goes sour. But what if when the relationship went bad, so did these little gifts? A new short film called Teddy Bears Are For Lovers, crafted in the same vein as Gremlins or Child’s Play, imagines what might happen if the teddy bears given to ex-lovers were just as heartbroken as those who were broken up with.
X2: X-Men United is reedited with the Johnny Cash classic Hurt and retold as Wolverine 3 to possibly become the greatest X-Men trailer ever created.
It’s a classic premise, and for good reason: guy’s wife/girlfriend/daughter vanishes into thin air, guy drives himself halfway to madness in dogged attempts to get her back, guy grows unkempt beard of mourning. It has drama and intrigue wired right into the plot beats, allows for some salacious secrets, and who doesn’t love a good mystery? George Sluizer’s 1988 film The Vanishing may have done it best, but just a couple of years ago, David Fincher gave him a run for his money with Gone Girl.
- We Got This Covered: Aaron Paul Gets Caught Up In A Wild Goose Chase In First Look At Come And Find Me
- FirstShowing.net: First Trailer for Mystery Film 'Come and Find Me' Starring Aaron Paul
Even though Back to the Future Part II predicted 2015 as the year the Chicago Cubs would win the World Series, the team didn’t make it to the Major League Baseball championship game until this year. Over the weekend, the Chicago Cubs won the pennant, and they’re headed to the World Series to face the Cleveland Indians in a Midwest baseball battle for the ages.
About 36 hours after the two companies inked the biggest media deal in 16 years, the CEOs of AT&T and Time Warner explained during a special call with analysts on Monday more about what drove that union — and who’s going to steer the ship. Saturday night, AT&T agreed to buy Time Warner, owner of brands including Warner Bros., HBO, CNN, TNT and Cartoon Network, for $85.4 billion in a half-cash, half-stock deal.
An international (Japanese) trailer is now online for Resident Evil: The Final Chapter, the sixth and final film in the franchise. The film stars Milla Jovovich, Ali Larter, Iain Glen, Shawn Roberts, Ruby Rose, Eoin Macken, William Levy, and James Fraser.Check out the new trailer below, which features new footage from the film.Picking up immediately after the events in Resident Evil: Retribution, humanity is on its last legs after Alice is betrayed by Wesker in Washington D.C.
- We Got This Covered: Latest Resident Evil 7 Teaser Videos Showcase Gunplay And Survival Skills
Donald Glover (Community, Magic Mike XXL) is one of those young actors that fans keep wanting to cast in everything. He's funny, charismatic, handsome, quick witted and has that kind of boy-next-door air to him that Hollywood loves. Most notably there was a huge campaign for him to play Spider-Man, though obviously that ended up not happening (in live action, at least). As soon as Disney officially announced its Star Wars prequel film about a young Han Solo, Glover's name once...Read MoreRead Comments
Zelda Fitzgerald: Jennifer Lawrence (Serena, above) may star as Zelda Fitzgerald in a project that's under development by Ron Howard's production company. Best known for her troubled marriage to famed author F. Scott Fitzgerald (The Great Gatsby), Zelda Fitzgerald was also a writer and in recent years has been reappraised as a unique creative talent. British TV veteran Emma Frost wrote the script. [Deadline] Han Solo: Now that we know Donald Glover will be playing...Read MoreRead Comments
Paramount has acquired the Peter Guralnick book Sam Phillips: The Man Who Invented Rock 'N' Roll for an adaptation starring Leonardo DiCaprio.
We are pleased to present a first look at Quentin Lee's new short film On Halloween, starring Candy Cheung, Jerry Hernandez and Junyi Casper Lee, the latter making his screen debut as ... the baby. Here's a quick description: "An homage to the 1979 classic When a Stranger Calls, On Halloween explores babysitting and child endangerment with modern technology." Lee raised money for the movie via Kickstarter this summer and it's finished just in time for the scariest holiday of the year.
Unless you’re fluent in Russian (and we’re not), you’ll have a hard time figuring out what the story is in this new trailer for an upcoming horror film called The Bride. The subtitles aren’t in English, so we’re definitely missing out on what appears to be some sort of narrative setup, but one thing is for sure: Whatever the hell is going on in this trailer, it’s terrifying. Continue reading…
While we're not quite out of the October woods yet, things are winding down for the month and that means that we have a slew of new films and shows coming to Netflix! One of the more notable releases is that of Jon Favreau's THE JUNGLE BOOK, which is joined by a lot of Netflix originals like The Crown. A lot of cool stuff to look forward to, although you may want to take a look at what's leaving too, as we're... Read More...
A second clip has been released for tonight’s new Supergirl. As Air Force One lands, Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) arrives to see President Olivia Marsdin (Lynda Carter) only to have the president attacked by fire balls, taking out her secret service detail and leaving it up to Supergirl to save her. Supergirl airs Mondays at 8 PM on the CW. Before They Can Even Meet, Supergirl Must Save The President
The release of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them is just a few short weeks away, and anticipation and intrigue are both high; it’s a welcoming return to J.K. Rowling’s Wizarding World for sure, but will Fantastic Beasts live up to its hype? Let’s hope so, because there’s another four movies within the Fantastic Beasts franchise to come.
Although I mostly like Daredevil and I was quite fond of Luke Cage, Jessica Jones remains the crown jewel of the Marvel Netflix shows. The series is a real “Best of Both Worlds” situation, combining Daredevil‘s knack for stylish action with Luke Cage‘s keen attention to location and character. And it does while also being very much its own thing with its own unique perspective that also fits snugly into the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
Oh, those sweeping shots of Florence and Istanbul. Ah, the Renaissance palazzos. And the inevitable anagram hidden in a classic painting, and the frantic quest that elevates perusals of museum stacks into thrilling set pieces. Yes, Dan Brownâs best-selling hero and the worldâs most beleaguered...B
- Coming Soon: CS Video: Enter Inferno with Ben Foster and Omar Sy
Producers Brad Fuller and Andrew Form says fans won't be disappointed by the 'unrelenting' nature of Jason in the new Friday the 13th.
While I've definitely been burned before (over and over again), I can't help myself. I still get excited whenever a new Robert Zemeckis project is announced. While I've been lukewarm to most of his recent efforts (like his "motion-capture" films that made his all-star casts look like Madame Tussauds wax figurines got the NIGHT AT... Read More...
The CW has released a batch of promotional images for the upcoming forth installment of Legends of Tomorrow season 2, and they give is a look at some of the characters dressed in Civil War-era garb. It seems Firestorm, Vixen and White Canary are going to have their hands full dealing with a bunch of Confederate zombies (don't ask me, man, I just work here), while elswhere, The Atom questions his usefulness to the team. Check 'em out below along with a full synopsis for the episode. “Abominations” — (8:00-9:00 p.m.
Michael Douglas reveals that he would love to work on an Avengers movie with Hawkeye himself, Jeremy Renner, at some point in the future.
Earlier pics from the set of Marvel and Netflix's Daredevil spinoff, The Punisher, have mainly featured Jon Bernthal (Frank Castle), but this time we get a first glimpse of a couple of the show's supporting characters. It was previously announced that Amber Rose Revah (House of Saddam, From Paris with Love) would be playing a "highly-trained sophisticated Homeland Security agent" named Dinah Madani, and here we see her alongside The Knick actor Michael Nathanson, who has not yet been officially named as a cast member.
- We Got This Covered: Amber Rose Revah And Michael Nathanson Spotted On The Set of The Punisher
The Get Down is a lavish production and looks like one, but even fans of Baz Luhrmann‘s opulent style may be surprised to learn just how expensive it is. A new report claims the 1970s hip-hop drama costs something like $16 million per episode, meaning the entire 12-episode first season will come out to a total of around $190 million. Making matters worse, viewership estimates indicate The Get Down may be a rare flop for the streaming service. It goes without saying that The Get Down was always meant to be a costly affair.
Posters, soundtracks, and a book of art. It was a great weekend at MondoCon 3.Continue reading on Film School Rejects »
Director Rob Zombie explains why the long-awaited extended edition of House of 1000 Corpses will never be released.
- Horror-Movies.ca: Rob Zombie’s ’31’ Comes Home This December
Universal is all-in with their massive shared universe reboot of classic monster films. Based on the big names set to lead this new wave of monster movies, Universal is banking on audiences following along for the ride. Kicking off the updates will be The Mummy, lead by Tom Cruise; Followed by The Invisible Man with Johnny Depp as the titular character, and The Wolfman, which has no cast just yet. Other monsters making a comeback include Bride of Frankenstein and Dracula, even though the story presented in 2014’s Dracula Untold may not be connected.
Tonight's episode of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. sees Agents Coulson (Clark Gregg) and May (Ming-Na Wen) reunited with Daisy Johnson/Quake (Chloe Bennet) on a mission to infilltrate a high-security prison. It looks like things don't go according to plan, however, as the three end up being hunted by some incarcerated (and very angry) members of the Watchdogs.
This Week: Halloween goodies include Lights Out and the director's cut of Exorcist III, a bloody fine boxed set for Herschell Gordon Lewis, and Emma Roberts takes the dare in Nerve. ► You may not care for LIGHTS OUT, but I truly love the story behind it. David Sandberg made a brilliant little short film with the same name three years ago... Read More...
Phase 3 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe is building up to the ultimate showdown against Thanos in Avengers: Infinity War, but along the way, audiences are going to be introduced to several new characters that could eventually take the torch from the original Phase 1 crew. Among these additions is Black Panther, who made his MCU debut in this summer’s Captain America: Civil War.
- Latino Review: Start Date And Location For BLACK PANTHER Filming Revealed
Are you adventuresome? Do you love horror? Do you like things that are free? Then we've we got a giveaway just for you -- and you -- and you -- thanks to our friends at Music Box Films and Doppelganger Releasing. They specialize in releasing titles that pack a punch. We have three Halloween home video bundles to give away and each includes the following three titles, accompanied by the respective official synopsis:.
That does seem to confirm the supernatural element of the character… no midichlorians here. A Deal With The Devil Can’t Be Undone – Shout Sheet For Next Week’s Agents Of SHIELD
- Coming Soon: Shield of Straw Remake Planned
1. Tyler Perry's Boo! A Madea HalloweenGross: $28,501,448Total: $28,501,448
2. Jack Reacher: Never Go BackGross: $22,872,490Total: $22,872,490
3. Ouija: Origin Of EvilGross: $14,065,500Total: $14,065,500
4. Accountant, TheGross: $13,643,132Total: $47,538,513
5. Girl On The Train, TheGross: $7,166,015Total: $58,798,345