Top Movie News for October 20, 2014
We’re far enough away from some of the big horror moments of the last decade that reboot time is coming around for some. Cabin Fever never really caught on as a franchise — Eli Roth‘s debut film made his career as a filmmaker, but the Cabin Fever films that followed have, er, struggled. (Ti West lobbied to have his name removed from the direct sequel after producers took control of the edit, and the prequel Patient Zero has had a low-key release.) Now there’s a Cabin Fever remake brewing, which we heard about earlier this year.
- MovieWeb: 'Cabin Fever' Remake Will Use Original Eli Roth Script
- Collider: Eli Roth to Executive Produce CABIN FEVER Remake Using Original Film’s Script
- Shock Till You Drop: Eli Roth to Executive Produce Cabin Fever Remake, Will Use Same Script
- Coming Soon: Eli Roth to Executive Produce Cabin Fever Remake, Will Use Same Script
- Deadline: ‘Cabin Fever’ Remake Invites Eli Roth Back Into House – AFM
- Entertainment Weekly: Eli Roth executive producing remake of ‘Cabin Fever’
- Rotten Tomatoes: News: Eli Roth Producing Cabin Fever Remake
- Chud: Eli Roth’s Cabin Fever is being remade… with the same script.
- JoBlo: Eli Roth producing a reboot of Cabin Fever using the original's exact script
- FirstShowing.net: Remake of 'Cabin Fever' Confirmed Using First Film's Original Script
- ScreenRant: ‘Cabin Fever’ Remake in Production; Will Use Same Script as Original
- Variety: Eli Roth Boards ‘Cabin Fever’ Reboot
- Dread Central: Cabin Fever Reboot Now in Production with Eli Roth Producing
- We Got This Covered: Cabin Fever Reboot Speeds Into Production Using ‘Exact Same Script’ As Original
- The Wrap: Eli Roth Returns to Executive Produce ‘Cabin Fever’ Reboot Starring ‘Teen Wolf's’ Gage Golightly
- AintItCool: Production Begins on CABIN FEVER Remake!
- Screen Crush: For Some Reason 'Cabin Fever' is Being Remade With the Exact Same Script
- Cinema Blend: Cabin Fever Is Getting Remade Under These Bizarre Circumstances
A new animated adventure due in 2016Whatever they’re putting in the water at Disney Feature Animation these days, it seems to be working, with the team successfully launching Tangled, Wreck-It Ralph and a little film called Frozen, plus Big Hero 6, which arrives in the UK in January.
- The Wrap: Walt Disney Animation's ‘Moana’ Sets Sail as South Pacific Girl Adventure
- Screen Crush: Disney Setting Sail With 'Moana' From the Directors of 'The Little Mermaid'
- Hollywood Reporter: Disney Slates 'Moana' for 2016, Unveils First-Look Art
- Moviefone: First Look at Disney's 'Moana,' Setting Sail in 2016 (PHOTO)
- Deadline: Disney Animation Unveils ‘Moana’ From ‘Little Mermaid’ Filmmakers For November 2016
- Vulture: Here’s Our First Look at Disney’s Polynesian Princess Movie, Moana
- Rotten Tomatoes: News: Disney Schedules Moana for Late 2016
- SlashFilm: First Look at Disney Animation’s 2016 Release ‘Moana’
- JoBlo: Classic Disney directors of The Little Mermaid & Aladdin return for Moana
- ScreenRant: Disney Animation’s ‘Moana’ Set for 2016 Release
- Mania: Disney's MOANA: FIRST LOOK
- FirstShowing.net: First Look at Disney's New Animated Feature 'Moana' Embarking 2016
- Fandango Movie Blog: First Look: Will Disney's 'Moana' Become the Next 'Frozen'?
Warner Bros might only have just announced Suicide Squad, but the project already has a director, and could be about to add a trio of A-list stars to its cast list. According to Deadline, Will Smith, Tom Hardy and Margot Robbie are in negotiations with the studio, with deals thought to be close for all three actors. It had previously been reported that Ryan Gosling was also on Warner’s hit list, and with the studio seemingly moving very quickly on this one, don’t be surprised to see him joining the fun sooner rather than later.
- Hollywood Reporter: David Ayer: DC's 'Suicide Squad' Is "Dirty Dozen With Supervillains"
- We Got This Covered: Suicide Squad Is “Dirty Dozen With Supervillains,” Says David Ayer
- Coming Soon: David Ayer Calls the Suicide Squad Film 'Dirty Dozen with Supervillains'
- Collider: Director David Ayer Says His SUICIDE SQUAD Movie Is “THE DIRTY DOZEN with Supervillains”
- Fandango Movie Blog: News Briefs: Colin Farrell Considered As 'Doctor Strange'; Tom Hardy Courted for 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
- MovieWeb: 'Suicide Squad' Movie Will Be 'Dirty Dozen' with Supervillains
- Latino Review: David Ayer's 'Suicide Squad' Will Be 'Dirty Dozen With Supervillains'
- ScreenRant: ‘Suicide Squad’ Director Says the Movie Will be ‘Dirty Dozen’ with Supervillains
- MTV Movies Blog: What ‘Fury’ Can Tell Us About ‘Suicide Squad’
- The Playlist: "It’s A 'Dirty Dozen' With Supervillains": David Ayer Talks 'Suicide Squad'
- Screen Crush: 'Suicide Squad' Will be 'Dirty Dozen' with Supervillains, According to Director David Ayer
- HitFix: 'Suicide Squad' director David Ayer: It's ''Dirty Dozen' with supervillains'
We’ve said it so many times, it’s beginning to sound like a broken record. After entering 2014 as one of the biggest box office risks, James Gunn’s Guardians of the Galaxy ended up becoming one of the few breakout smashes of the year.
- Digital Spy: Guardians of the Galaxy becomes third biggest Marvel film
- Cinema Blend: This Hilarious Groot Moment Guardians Of The Galaxy Cut
- Cinema Blend: Guardians Of The Galaxy Is Selling The Most Fitting Merchandise Possible
- Rotten Tomatoes: News: James Gunn Talks Guardians of the Galaxy Sequel
- Screen Crush: 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Soundtrack to Be Released on Cassette Tape in November
- Comic Book Movie: James Gunn Talks GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Deleted Scenes, Sequel Plans, And More
- MTV Movies Blog: Listen To The ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy’ Soundtrack The Way You Were Supposed To
- Collider: James Gunn Talks GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 2, Discusses Possible Additions to the Team
- MovieWeb: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Director Teases New Team Members
- SlashFilm: Superhero Bits: Captain America 3, Guardians of the Galaxy, Batman v Superman, Arrow, Suicide Squad
- Variety: James Gunn Talks ‘Guardians’ Sequel, VFX, Crossovers
- JoBlo: Guardians of the Galaxy's awesome soundtrack to be released on cassette tape
With GLEE coming to an end this season, creator Ryan Murphy looks to expand his anthology series roots even more. In addition to the recently announced spin-off AMERICAN CRIME STORY, FOX has ordered their own horror series from Murphy and AMERICAN HORROR STORY co-producer Brad Falchuk. FOX will air the 15-episode debut season of SCREAM QUEENS this fall. Unlike AMERICAN HORROR STORY, SCREAM QUEENS... Read More...
- Deadline: Ryan Murphy & His ‘Glee’ Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology ‘Scream Queens’
- Moviefone: Fox Greenlights Ryan Murphy Comedy-Horror Anthology Series 'Scream Queens'
- Dread Central: Ryan Murphy Developing Horror-Comedy Series Scream Queens for Fox
- Shock Till You Drop: FOX Greenlights Comedy-Horror Anthology, Scream Queens
- We Got This Covered: Comedy-Horror Anthology Series Scream Queens On The Way From Glee Creators
- Variety: Fox Gives Series Order to ‘Scream Queens’ From ‘Glee’ Creators
- Rotten Tomatoes: News: Fox Wants Ryan Murphy's Scream Queens
- AintItCool: Fox Orders 15 Episodes Of New Series From GLEE Creator Ryan Murphy!!
- Vulture: American Horror Story Creators to Do 2015 Horror-Comedy Anthology Titled Scream Queens
- Badass Digest: GLEE’s Ryan Murphy Thinks He Just Invented Comedy-Horror
- Shock Till You Drop: Scream TV Series Apparently Won’t Have Ghost Face
ScreenCrush wraps up the latest in movies and TV you might have missed. Today, Jason Momoa can finally talk about playing Aquaman, Robert Downey Jr. teases his role in 'Captain America 3,' and that 'Dredd' webseries reveals a first look. Continue reading…
- Hollywood Reporter: Jason Momoa Talks 'Aquaman' Plans, Confirms 'Justice League' Appearance
- Digital Spy: Game of Thrones' Jason Momoa opens up about Aquaman
- Variety: Jason Momoa Talks Aquaman: ‘I Think We’re Going to Be Kicking Some Ass’
- JoBlo: Jason Momoa finally opens up about being Aquaman
- Comic Book Movie: Jason Momoa Talks JUSTICE LEAGUE And Starring In A Solo AQUAMAN Movie
- MovieWeb: Jason Momoa Talks 'Aquaman' Origin Story and 'Batman v Superman'
- Latino Review: Jason Momoa Talks 'Aquaman'
- Empire Magazine: Jason Momoa Opens Up About Aquaman
- SlashFilm: Jason Momoa Finally Admits He’s Aquaman; Talks Solo Movie and Research for the Role
- HitFix: Jason Momoa talks how 'Aquaman' will draw on his Polynesian heritage
- IGN Movies: Momoa Talks Playing Aquaman
Hasbro Studios has hired Joe Ballarini (“Dance of the Dead”) to write a “My Little Pony” movie, TheWrap has learned. Hasbro will produce the animated feature under its Allspark Pictures label, which allows the company to self-finance or co-finance projects.
- Hollywood Reporter: Hasbro Working on 'My Little Pony' Movie
- Variety: Hasbro Studios President Talks the ‘My Little Pony’ Movie, Expanding the Brands
- Collider: Hasbro to Release MY LITTLE PONY Movie in 2017
- Film School Rejects: ‘My Little Pony’ Movie Will Be the Little Black Sheep of Hasbro’s Hollywood
- JoBlo: Hasbro Films bringing a My Little Pony movie to screens in 2017
- Cinema Blend: My Little Pony Is Getting Its Own Movie, Here Are The Details
- Rotten Tomatoes: News: Hasbro's Developing a My Little Pony Movie
- Empire Magazine: My Little Pony Brand Headed To The Big Screen
- FirstShowing.net: Get Ready Bronies: 'My Little Pony' Movie Planned for Release in 2017
- Latino Review: 'My Little Pony' Movie In The Works
- Bleeding Cool: My Little Pony To Get Feature Film
Walt Disney Animation Studios announced Moana today, a long-rumored project now set for a late 2016 debut. The studio calls Moana "a sweeping, CG-animated comedy-adventure about a spirited teenager on an impossible mission to fulfill her ancestors' quest." It's being directed by the Oscar-nominated team of Ron Clements and John Musker. Here's the official plot synopsis, as well as the first official piece of concept art for the movie: "In the ancient South Pacific world of Oceania, Moana, a born navigator, sets sail in search of a fabled island.
- Entertainment Weekly: Disney announces 2016 release for animated feature ‘Moana’
- MovieWeb: Disney Announces Animated Adventure 'Moana' for 2016
- Badass Digest: Walt Disney Animation Announces Their Next Girl-Powered Film
- We Got This Covered: Moana Is Disney’s Animated Maritime Adventure For 2016
- Variety: Disney Sails Into Theaters With Animated ‘Moana’ in 2016
- Cinema Blend: Meet Moana, The Title Character For A Brand New Disney Animated Movie
- Dark Horizons: Disney Animation Announces "Moana" Film
- HitFix: Walt Disney Animation announces South Pacific-set 'Moana' for 2016
- Coming Soon: Walt Disney Animation Studios Announces 2016 Release, Moana
- Collider: Disney Animation Announces New Ocean-Set Adventure Film MOANA for Release in 2016; Concept Art Unveiled
Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele to make first film together for New Line called 'Keanu.'
- Variety: Key and Peele Set Cat Caper ‘Keanu’ at New Line
- Vulture: Key and Peele Are Finally Making a Movie
- AintItCool: Key & Peele & KEANU...only Keanu's a cat!!
- Entertainment Weekly: Key and Peele’s first film together is about a cat
- Rotten Tomatoes: News: Key and Peele Bring Keanu to New Line
- Hollywood Reporter: 'Key & Peele' Stars Set Up First Movie Together For New Line Cinema
- FirstShowing.net: Key & Peele Teaming for Kidnapped Cat Comedy 'Keanu' at New Line
- SlashFilm: First Key and Peele Movie is ‘Keanu,’ About a Stolen Cat
- Screen Crush: Key and Peele Are Making a Movie Called 'Keanu,' but It's Not What You Think
This past week, James Cameron joined Arnold Schwarzenegger for a 30th anniversary screening of the original 1984 Terminator.
- We Got This Covered: James Cameron Has An Explanation For Aging Terminator In Terminator: Genisys
- Badass Digest: James Cameron Reveals Why Arnie’s Terminator Is Old In TERMINATOR: GENISYS
- JoBlo: James Cameron talks about his involvement with Terminator: Genisys
- SlashFilm: James Cameron Told ‘Terminator Genisys’ Producers How To Fit In Arnold Schwarzenegger
- Comic Book Movie: James Cameron Explains How Old-Arnie-Cyborg Can Be In TERMINATOR: GENISYS
- Coming Soon: James Cameron Reveals Advice He Gave Terminator Genisys Producer
- Cinema Blend: Why James Cameron Is Done Caring About Terminator
- Screen Crush: James Cameron Explains Why Arnold Schwarzenegger is Old in 'Terminator 5′
- Cinema Blend: How Terminator: Genisys Will Explain Arnold Schwarzenegger Being Really, Really Old
The push for a sequel to the movie Dredd starring Karl Urban and Olivia Thirlby is still going, but until then, we are getting this: Dredd producer Adi Shankar has put together an animated web series focusing on the Dark Judges story arc. Called Superfiend, the series works as a kind of sequel to the film. The series will debut later this month. [Source: EW] Unofficial Animated Web Series As Sequel To Dredd Movie
- SlashFilm: First Look at Unofficial ‘Dredd’ Spinoff Web Series ‘Superfiend’
- Dark Horizons: "Dredd: Superfiend" Web Series Poster, Pics
- Hollywood Reporter: YouTube Stars Create Web Series to Promote 'The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1'
- MovieWeb: 'Hunger Games: District Voices' Web Series Launches on Youtube
- ScreenRant: ‘Dredd’ Animated Miniseries ‘Superfiend’: First Look Images & Poster
- MTV Movies Blog: Watch This New ‘Hunger Games’ Web Series Or Innocent Panem Workers Will Get It
- The Playlist: This First Look At The 'Dredd' Miniseries Is Probably Not What You Expected
- Empire Magazine: First Images From Judge Dredd: Superfiend
It's been almost a year since FX acquired the syndication rights to all of The Simpsons, marking the biggest off-network deal in television history. Back in August, the network celebrated the animated show's cable debut with a 12-day marathon on FXX, airing all 552 episodes in a row. Since then, FXX has regularly shown The Simpsons several times a day. But the cabler isn't stopping there. In fact, their biggest undertaking has yet to come... Family Guy vs.
- Deadline: ‘Simpsons World’ Debuts Tomorrow
- Vulture: You’ll Be Able to Stream Every Simpsons Episode Ever Starting Tomorrow
- Variety: How ‘Simpsons World’ Went from Deal Point to Immersive App Via FX Networks
- Rotten Tomatoes: News: Simpsons World Set to Start Streaming
- Rotten Tomatoes: News: Sunday Night Football and The Simpsons Lead Sunday
- SlashFilm: ‘The Simpsons’ Parody Stanley Kubrick in ‘A Clockwork Yellow’
- FirstShowing.net: New 'Simpsons' Treehouse of Horror Pays Tribute to Stanley Kubrick
According to executive producer Victoria Alonso, Avengers: Age of Ultron will feature over 3000 visual effects shots, more then any other movie in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Yes, that’s even more then the current Marvel Cinematic Universe VFX champ, Guardians of the Galaxy (something like 2750). I mean let’s be honest here, this should come […] Read Avengers: Age of Ultron is the Most Visual Effects Heavy Entry in the Marvel Cinematic Universe on Filmonic.
- Moviefone: 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Will Have More Visual Effects Than Any Other Marvel Movie
- Cinema Blend: Avengers: Age Of Ultron Setting A New Record At Marvel Studios In This Category
- IGN Movies: Avengers 2 to Have Most Visual Effects of Any Marvel Movie
- Screen Crush: 'Avengers 2′ Will Have More Visual Effects Shots Than Any Other Marvel Movie
- Collider: AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON to Mark Marvel’s Highest VFX Shot Count
- FirstShowing.net: Marvel Gave Robert Downey Jr. the 'A' from Stark Tower in 'Avengers'
- MTV Movies Blog: Robert Downey Jr. Got A 30-Foot Souvenir From The ‘Avengers’ Set
The Fantastic Four had no presence at this year's Comic-Con, and apart from a handful of leaked images (which may or may not be legit), we've seen literally nothing from the Josh Trank helmed reboot. Comments from the actors have received mixed responses from fans, and even a single official still would surely help win a lot of sceptical comic book readers around. Talking to ComicBook.com recently, writer and producer Simon Kinberg had this to say in terms of an explanation for the lack of official material.
- We Got This Covered: Simon Kinberg Has No Idea When We’ll See Any Footage From The Fantastic Four
- SlashFilm: Simon Kinberg Explains the Delay of ‘Fantastic Four’ Promotion
- Total Film: Simon Kinberg talks Fantastic Four reboot
- Collider: Simon Kinberg Explains Why We Haven’t Seen Anything from THE FANTASTIC FOUR
- Latino Review: Simon Kinberg on the 'Fantastic Four' Reboot: "I’ve seen all the footage."
- Badass Digest: Fox Will Show You FANTASTIC FOUR Stuff As Soon As They Figure Out What To Show You
- Cinema Blend: The Reason Fantastic Four Is Refusing To Show Any Footage Yet
Shane Black's (IRON MAN 3, KISS KISS BANG BANG) 1970s LA noir piece, THE NICE GUYS, has found two villains in Keith David (CLOUD ATLAS, THE THING) and Beau Knapp (THE SIGNAL, SUPER 8). Keith David will play a seasoned hitman while Knapp will portray his younger, accident-prone, motormouth partner. The two will go up against a private eye (Ryan Gosling) and a hired leg breaker (Russell... Read More...
- MovieWeb: 'Nice Guys' Casts Keith David and Beau Knapp as the Bad Guys
- Coming Soon: Shane Black's The Nice Guys Gets Some Bad Guys
- Deadline: Oscars: ‘Birdman’ Flew Sky High In Theaters, But How Did It Play With Academy Voters?
- Deadline: Broadway Box Office: ‘Dog’ Barks, Sting Bites, ‘Play’ Wows In $26M Week
- Variety: Broadway Box Office: Street Dips, But ‘Only a Play’ and ‘On the Town’ Hit Highs
- Total Film: Colin Farrell the latest contender to play Doctor Strange?
IFC Films acquired the rights to “Time Out of Mind,” starring Richard Gere and directed by Oren Moverman. The haunting indie drama follows George (Gere), a man who is thrust onto New York City's gritty streets and seeks refuge at an intake center for homeless men at Bellevue and begins to repair the relationship with his estranged daughter.
- Hollywood Reporter: Richard Gere's 'Time Out of Mind' Sells to IFC Films in U.S.
- IndieWire: IFC Films Acquires Richard Gere's 'Time Out of Mind'
- Deadline: Richard Gere Starrer ‘Time Out Of Mind’ Nabbed By IFC Films
- Variety: Richard Gere’s ‘Time Out of Mind’ Bought by IFC for U.S.
- Thompson on Hollywood: Richard Gere Will Wait for Next Year for IFC 'Time Out of Mind' Release
AFI Fest has announced a slew of programming for this year's upcoming event, including a new Centerpiece Gala, a number of Special Screenings and a Conversations series of discussions.http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/in-contention
- Deadline: AFI Fest Adds ‘The Homesman’ Gala And Conversations With Keaton, Norton And Deakins
- Variety: AFI Fest Adds Tommy Lee Jones-Hilary Swank Drama ‘The Homesman’
- Hollywood Reporter: Tommy Lee Jones' 'The Homesman' Joins AFI Fest Lineup
- Thompson on Hollywood: AFI Fest Adds More Must-See Oscar Hopefuls to 2014 Lineup
- IndieWire: AFI Silver Will Host Tim Burton Screening Series Around Halloween
The field of documentary short subject contenders for an Academy Award has been narrowed to a shortlist of eight films, including Lucy Walker‘s “The Lion's Mouth Opens,” Jeff Dupre's “Kehinde Wiley: An Economy of Grace” and Student Academy Award winner Zijian Mu's “One Child,” the Academy announced on Monday. See photos: 18 Must-See Movies at Sundance (Photos) The field is heavy with films about terminal diseases: Two-time nominee Walker's film is an intimate look at a woman waiting to learn if she has inherited Huntington's Disease
- HitFix: Academy reveals eight contenders for 2015 documentary short subject Oscar race
- Hollywood Reporter: Eight Films Make Cut for Best Short Documentary Oscar
- Thompson on Hollywood: Academy Documentary Branch Reveals Short Film Shortlist (VIDEOS)
- Entertainment Weekly: See the Oscar contenders for Best Short Documentary
- The Playlist: Watch: 'Luck, Trust and Ketchup' A 90-Minute Documentary On The Making Of Robert Altman's Epic 'Short Cuts'
Warner Bros. started developing a sequel to The Conjuring before the first movie opened. That bet paid off when The Conjuring grossed over $300 million worldwide. After two weeks, The Conjuring spinoff Annabelle has already reached $166 million worldwide. The studio, who must be thrilled with the new horror franchise, had scheduled The Conjuring 2 for October 23, 2015 with Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga set to return as the paranormal investigators. However, Warner Bros. pumped the brakes a bit, delaying The Conjuring 2 to 2016. In a corresponding move, Warner Bros.
- The Wrap: ‘The Conjuring 2' Pushed to 2016 by Warner Bros.
- Deadline: ‘Conjuring 2′ Moves To 2016; New Line Sets Untitled Horror Film In October 2015 Spot
- Variety: ‘The Conjuring’ Sequel Pushed Back to 2016
- Shock Till You Drop: The Conjuring 2 Moves out of 2015, Mystery Horror Film Fills Slot
- Coming Soon: The Conjuring 2 Moves to 2016
Do you remember when Paramount Pictures decided to create a double feature of Star Trek Into Darkness and World War Z last year? The primary motivation for this double feature was to get World War Z to cross $200 million at the domestic box office, because the films that hit that box office milestone allow studios to ask for more money from cable networks for the rights to air the movie on television.
- Variety: Channing Tatum-Jonah Hill’s ’22 Jump Street’ Returns to Theaters on Oct. 24
- Coming Soon: 22 Jump Street to Return to Theaters on October 24
- MovieWeb: '22 Jump Street' Returns to Theaters on October 24th
- Deadline: ’22 Jump Street’ Being Re-Released Oct. 24th Only Days Before Home Entertainment Launch
With casting rumors for Paul Feig's Ghostbusters reboot already swirling, we can add Lena Dunham and Melissa McCarthy to the list of potential stars.
- SlashFilm: Melissa McCarthy Not Yet Part Of ‘Ghostbusters’ Reboot; Lena Dunham and Ellen DeGeneres Want In
- Cinema Blend: Melissa McCarthy Might Not Be A Guarantee For Ghostbusters
- MovieWeb: Ellen DeGeneres and Lena Dunham Want to Be 'Ghostbusters'
- Digital Spy: Ghostbusters, Friday the 13th for Pop Up Screens Halloween season
Focus Features has released new production photos from Insidious Chapter 3, showing writer-director Leigh Whannell, Dermot Mulroney, Lin Shaye, and Stefanie Scott behind the scenes of the upcoming horror film. Insidious Chapter 3 began production over the summer in Los Angeles.
- Shock Till You Drop: New Behind-the-Scenes Photos from Insidious Chapter 3
- Dread Central: Head Behind the Scenes of Insidious Chapter 3 with Stills Gallery
- Shock Till You Drop: Teaser Trailer Description for Insidious Chapter 3!
- MovieWeb: 'Insidious 3' Photos Go Behind-the-Scenes with Dermot Mulroney
First it was Los Angeles, then it was New York, so where will the Sharknado hit next? Sharkando 3 is in the works for the Summer of 2015 and now we know it’ll take place all up and down “The Feast Coast,” ranging from Washington D.C. to Orlando, Florida. Read more about the Sharknado 3 location below. The Sharknado Twitter feed broke the news of the location, which had been a big debate among Sharknado fans. BREAKING: It's official! From DC to Orlando… #Sharknado3 Takes on the Feast Coast!
- MTV Movies Blog: ‘Sharknado 3′ Is Coming To Destroy The East Coast
- Dread Central: Sharknado 3 Chews Up East Coast
- Moviefone: 'Sharknado 3' to Ravage the 'Feast Coast' Next Summer
- Film School Rejects: Syfy Nurtures Bizarre ‘Sharknado’ Success By Expanding a Threequel to the Entire Eastern Seaboard
Keanu Reeves discusses his career shift of recent years – years in which he’s also been berated with questions about a possible third ‘Speed’ movie. As it turns out, he still hasn’t even seen ‘Speed 2: Cruise Control.’ Reeves explains why that is, what he thinks about the planned ‘Point Break’ remake, and reminisces about making out with Paula Abdul. Continue reading…
- Deadline: ‘John Wick’ Review: Pete Hammond on Keanu Reeves’ Killer Film
- We Got This Covered: Keanu Reeves Says There’s Nothing Real About The Doctor Strange Rumors
- We Got This Covered: A John Wick Sequel Is Definitely Possible
MGM has secured rights to Cop Swap, an original comedy from Hot Tub Time Machine and About Last Night helmer Steve Pink and his writing partner Jeff Morris.
After no shortage of buzz, and concerns about the edit released in North America (we got the version director Bong Joon-ho intended, fyi), "Snowpiercer" finally made its ways to cinemas and VOD earlier this year, where it was a solid success.
Not only did Legendary’s Digital Media division and Crackle announce more casting today for their forthcoming feature Dead Rising: Watchtower, but they've also released a new photo of the cast on the set of the live-action adaptation of the Capcom game. 21 Jump Street's Rob Riggle, Epic Meal Time's Harley Morenstein, Once Upon A Time's Keegan Connor Tracey and This Means War's Aleks Paunovic join previously announced cast members Jesse Metcalfe, Meghan Ory, Virginia Madsen and Dennis Haysbert. The company says "Riggle will join the cast as Frank West, a weathered photo-journalist skilled in su
- Shock Till You Drop: Riggle, Morenstein, Tracey and Paunovich to Lead Dead Rising: Watchtower
- Dread Central: Rob Riggle Gets Infected by Dead Rising: Watchtower
- Coming Soon: Riggle, Morenstein, Tracey and Paunovich to Lead Dead Rising: Watchtower
By Brian Goldberg I was one of the many guests at New York Comic Con who was experiencing some post event blues. My budget was blown and I missed the excitement. I’m already looking forward to the 2015 show where I can spend some time with my fellow geek bretheren. While doing my normal Facebook Friday afternoon “tuning into the online toy collector community” scrolling I came across a post that gave me that con spark. On Saturday 10/18/14 from 12 to 2 PM Toys “R” Us stores and Lego were throwing a special event for fans of the toyline all over the country. Come build a LEGO Batman™ Bat-Sig
- Variety: ‘Arrow’ Casts Vinnie Jones as Comicbook Villain Brick (EXCLUSIVE)
- We Got This Covered: Vinnie Jones Joins Arrow As DC Supervillain Brick
- Comic Book Movie: Vinnie Jones Joins ARROW Cast As Villain Danny “Brick” Brickwell
WME has signed three-time Oscar nominee Michelle Williams in all areas. She was previously represented by CAA. Williams earned Oscar nominations for her work in “My Week With Marilyn,” “Blue Valentine” and “Brokeback Mountain.” Also read: ‘Cabaret’ Theater Review: Michelle Williams Tackles Sally Bowles, Alan Cumming Auditions for ‘Hedwig’ She is currently starring as Sally Bowles in Broadway's “Cabaret,” co-directed by Rob Marshall and Sam Mendes. Williams continues to be repped by Bloom Hergott.
While fans continue to wait for the first footage from Pixar's The Good Dinosaur, Disney has released a brief preview video that shows director Peter Sohn drawing the main character, a dinosaur named Arlo, from scratch.Peter Sohn was originally set as the co-director alongside Bob Peterson, until Peterson was removed from the project in August 2013. This lead the studio to move the release date from May 30, 2014 to November 25, 2015. Our report from August 2013 stated that Pixar was looking to replace Bob Peterson with another filmmaker, while Peter Sohn remained on as the co-director.
Filmmaker Adam McKay (Anchorman, The Other Guys) has opened up about his script work on Marvel's Ant-Man, as he helped contribute to the screenplay after director Edgar Wright left the project. McKay told Collider that he collaborated with Ant-Man star Paul Rudd on the script rewrite for roughly six to eight weeks, after the actor asked for him to join the project once Wright departed the film. After McKay met with Marvel, he thought everything sounded "pretty cool" but decided he couldn't direct because of a full workload. Continue reading…
Gotham - Episode 1.05 - Viper A NEW STREET DRUG STORMS THE STREETS OF GOTHAM ON AN ALL-NEW "GOTHAM" MONDAY, OCTOBER 20, ON FOX Gordon and Bullock search for the source of a new street drug that causes euphoria then death. Meanwhile, Oswald Cobblepot works his way deeper into Maroni's (guest-star David Zayas) inner circle and Fish Mooney continues to plot against Falcone in the all-new "Viper" episode of GOTHAM airing Monday, Oct. 20 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.
I enjoy Marvel’s constant change-ups with fan expectations. Immediately following Captain America: The Winter Soldier, it was looking like Captain America 3 would be driven by the hunt for Bucky. That could still be the case in terms of a baseline or prologue, but what Marvel is really going for is setting up a big plot arc with Civil War (a.k.a “Thanos Who?”), and they managed to nab Robert Downey Jr.
Top Five what? Oh no, that’s the name of the movie and this is the trailer for said movie starring, written and directed by Chris Rock, about a comedian who’s not funny anymore. Chris Rock is no stranger to going behind the camera to direct his own movies, sadly I can’t say his previous two […] Read Chris Rock’s Top Five on Filmonic.
Love it or hate it, DRIVE has one of the best scores of the last decade. Full of pumping instrumental music and a carefully selected soundtrack of songs that accent the emotional, ahem, drive of the film, DRIVE is a movie that is dependent on music. But, what if that music changes? BBC Radio host Zane Lowe has accepted the challenge and has selected a new set of songs from artists like CHVRCHES, Bastille, Foals,... Read More...
During this year's Cannes Film Festival it was annoucned that there will be a sequel to 2010's low-budget sci-fi alien invasion tale "Skyline," which is called "Beyond Skyline". Liam O'Donnell, the writer and producer of the first film is set to direct the sequel.In the sci-fi thriller "Skyline," strange lights descend on the city of Los Angeles, drawing people outside like moths to a flame where an extraterrestrial force threatens to swallow the entire human population off the face of the earth.Over the weekend my source told me that Frank Grillio (Captain America
- We Got This Covered: Frank Grillo Eyeing Up The Lead For Sci-Fi Sequel Beyond Skyline
- Dread Central: Frank Grillo Waits Beyond Skyline
Brad Pitt's World War II tank film Fury opened last Friday and was able to blast Gone Girl out of the number one spot. Gone Girl had been number one at the box office for the two weeks since its release on October 3rd.
Lionsgate is teaming with Google to introduce "District Voices" to promote November 21 release The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1, the two companies announced today.
'At its heart, it’s an adventure movie'Photo: Marco VitturWith his quirky drama Horns just around the corner, Daniel Radcliffe stopped by to chat movie things with Empire. With his Seb Coe movie Gold currently in a holding pattern, the current Rad-slate is dominated by 20th Century Fox’s new take on Mary Shelley’s weird scientist, Victor Frankenstein. Radcliffe, who plays Igor (or Ygor), bills it as “a real adventure at its heart, a fun movie” while stressing that there’s brains to go with the brawn.
- Latino Review: Daniel Radcliffe Talks Playing Igor in 'Frankenstein'
The 'Harry Potter' films are filled with love, hope, and optimism. They are also filled with nightmares. Behold: the scariest moments in the entire 'Potter' pantheon.
We're only a few weeks away from the release of Christopher Nolan's Interstellar, which will be opening four days early in film only (35mm/70mm projection). The announcement caused quite a stir in the cinema community, as the response from some movie theater chains was not unexpected. Many of them got upset, many of them were pissed off that they weren't a part of this deal, the big reason being that they just gave up their 35mm projectors to transform to digital and now they're missing out on some of the best money of the year.
Myths and legends in the West EndSong Of The Sea arrived to a red carpet reception for its European premiere at the BFI London Film Festival on Saturday afternoon. Taking pride of place for the festival's Family Gala, the keenly anticipated second feature from The Secret Of Kells director Tomm Moore was well supported by the creators and voice actors. The film follows the story of a young boy, Conor (voiced by David Rawle) and his quiet little sister Saoirse (Lucy O’Connell), who live by the sea in Ireland with their widowed father (Brendan Gleeson).
STAR WARS: EPISODE VII represents the first film in George Lucas' iconic saga to be financed and created by a major studio. Prior to this film, the six preceding movies were basically the world's biggest independent films with Lucas funding their creation and 20th Century Fox handling distribution. Now that Lucas is out of the movie-making business, he has no problem sharing some harsh words regarding how... Read More...
If playing Mr. Eko on Lost, Heavy Duty in G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra and Kurse in Thor: The Dark World was not enough to solidify actor Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje’s place in geek culture… he has now signed on to play Malko on the HBO hit series Game of Thrones. And if you don’t read the books, don’t feel you are being left out on this one. Malko is not from the novels, he’s an original creation for the series.
One of the highlights of Fantastic Fest 2014 was Drafthouse Films' own anthology horror sequel ABCs of Death 2. The Golden Briefcase hosts Tim and Jeremy had a chance to sit down with two of the filmmakers in the anthology (of the letter 'V') to discuss their segment further during Fantastic Fest. It's a bit late, but here's the interview. Director Jerome Sable + writer/producer Nicholas Musurca are the minds behind 'V is for Vacation' (see our first look).
- Variety: Film Review: ‘ABCs of Death 2’
In the wake of Robert Downey Jr.‘s return to the MCU, Warner Bros.
- FirstShowing.net: Helpful Infographic Lays Out Next Six Years of Comic Book Movies
Watch Jennifer Lawrence heave an ax into a tree in this new clip from "Serena."
Disney Channel mega-star Bella Thorne, last seen in Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day, has joined the voice cast of the animated foosball comedy Underdogs for The Weinstein Company.Hitting theaters in April of 2015, Underdogs is an Argentine-Spanish family film from director Juan José Campanella that follows the adventures of a Foosball table that magically comes to life.
- Deadline: Bella Thorne Joins Animated ‘Underdogs’
Fans will see Eddie Murphy get back into Axel Foley mode soon enough with Beverly Hills Cop 4 on the way. Plus, there's still that Twins sequel in the works that will team him up with Arnold Schwarzenegger and Danny DeVito in the cleverly titled Triplets. But before he makes a couple more comedies, he's going to take some time to get into drama briefly. In what will be his first non-animated, non-comedy role since the 2006 musical Dreamgirls, Empire reports that Murphy is slated to star in Cook, a new project from Driving Miss Daisy director Bruce Beresford, that originally had Samuel L.
- We Got This Covered: Eddie Murphy Mixes Things Up And Joins Bruce Beresford’s New Drama, The Cook
Advertisers have flocked to snatch up commercial space during the upcoming 2015 Oscars telecast on ABC, individuals with knowledge of the situation told TheWrap. ABC is nearly sold out for advertising space during the telecast on Feb. 22, 2015. This year saw a slight increase over last year's Ellen DeGeneres-hosted Oscars from $1.8 million to $1.9 million for a 30-second spot.
Don't miss the special encore showing of #StarWarsRebels: Spark of Rebellion, featuring Darth Vader! 10/26 on ABC. https://t.co/UOaBvXEhcK — Star Wars (@starwars) October 20, 2014 Set between the events of Star Wars Episodes III and IV, the Star Wars Rebels story unfolds during a dark time when the evil Galactic Empire is tightening its grip of power on the galaxy. Imperial forces have occupied a remote planet and are ruining the lives of its people.
- Bleeding Cool: Marvel, Star Wars And Transformers Boost Hasbro’s Profits
THE FLASH BATTLES THE MIST, CAITLIN TELLS BARRY ABOUT RONNIE — As Barry (Grant Gustin) and the team at S.T.A.R. Labs work to capture Kyle Nimbus (guest star Anthony Carrigan), a.k.a. The Mist, a dangerous new meta-human with toxic gas powers, they revisit the painful night the particle accelerator exploded and killed Caitlin’s (Danielle Panabaker) fiancé, Ronnie (guest star Robbie Amell).
While there has been little confirmation in the way of who's acting in Richard Linklater's "sort of" follow-up to Dazed and Confused, what we do know is that they'll be mostly unknowns. The film, carrying the moniker THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT, is currently shooting around Texas in the likes of Austin, San Antonio, San Marcos, Taylor, Elgin and... Read More...
There's no doubt that Gone Girl is a hit, and it's undoubtedly of the most successful films David Fincher has ever directed, and it's likely reached audiences that otherwise might not seek out the filmmaker's work. And if you're like me, then you're hungry to hear Fincher, writer Gillian Flynn and stars Ben Affleck and Rosamund Pike talk about the film itself.
Sean Bean (The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, "Game of Thrones") has taken a role in Ridley Scott's upcoming science fiction feature The Martian. The Hollywood Reporter has the news, bringing word that Bean will play a NASA flight director opposite Matt Damon, Jeff Daniels, Kate Mara, Michael Pena, Kristen Wiig and Jessica Chastain.
- Hollywood Reporter: Sean Bean Joins Matt Damon in 'The Martian' (Exclusive)
Cayden Richards had it all. He was the quarterback of his high school football team. He had a smoking hot girlfriend on his arm. Yep. Senior year was looking pretty good. But there was trouble stirring. Cayden kept having nightmares. On the football field, he let his rage take over and he seriously injured an opposing player. He gets a little grabby with his girlfriend up on make-out point. Then he wakes at home, only to find his parents slaughtered in their bedroom. Cayden hits the road and meets Wild Joe at a bar.
- Horror-Movies.ca: Wolves Movie Review
With all the heart and humor audiences expect from Walt Disney Animation Studios, “Big Hero 6” is an action-packed comedy-adventure about robotics prodigy Hiro Hamada, who learns to harness his genius—thanks to his brilliant brother Tadashi and their like-minded friends: adrenaline junkie Go Go Tamago, neatnik Wasabi, chemistry whiz Honey Lemon and fanboy Fred.
- IGN Movies: Comics History 101: Constantine
- Comic Book Movie: ARROW: 'Nyssa Al Ghul' Returns In First Stills From "The Magician"
- Fandango Movie Blog: Quiz: Find Out Which Horror-Movie Character Best Suits You
- Comic Book Movie: Extended TV Spot For CONSTANTINE Season 1, Episode 1; "Non Est Asylum"
Opening This Week
Total Likes: --
Today's Likes: --