Top Movie News for November 24, 2014
Rubber-faced comedian Jim Carrey has had a pretty great career so far and while he might have stumbled more then a few times along the way, I still can’t say no to a movie starring him (one exception). With Dumb and Dumber To now in theaters, let’s have a look at his top 10 most […] Read Box Office: Top 10 Most Successful Jim Carrey Movies on Filmonic.
- Variety: Box Office: ‘Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1′ Scores Year’s Biggest Opening With $123 Million
- Hollywood Reporter: Box Office: 'Mockingjay' Nabs $275M Globally But Hits Franchise Low in U.S.
- Entertainment Weekly: Box office report: ‘The Hunger Games’ wins the weekend (and the year)
- Deadline: ‘Hunger Games’ Sunday Box Office: ‘Mockingjay’ Nests Atop Charts
- Deadline: ‘Mockingjay’, ‘Interstellar’ Fly High At International Box Office: Update
- Moviefone: Weekend Box Office: 'The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 1' Soars to the Top Spot
- Variety: ‘Hunger Games’ Box Office: Why ‘Mockingjay – Part 1′ Fell Short of Expectations
- Long Island Newsday: 'The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 1' tops box office with $123 million
- Variety: ‘Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1′ Snags $152 Million at Foreign Box Office
- We Got This Covered: Box Office Report: Mockingjay Flies, Not Soars, To 2014’s Biggest Opening
- Digital Spy: The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1 wins US box office
- Rotten Tomatoes: News: Box Office Guru Wrapup: Mockingjay Rules, But With Less Fans
- Mania: Mania Box Office Report: Katniss, of Course!
- Hollywood Reporter: Global Box Office: 'Interstellar' Crossing $450M; 'Mockingjay' Mammoth Overseas
- Hollywood Reporter: Specialty Box Office: 'Theory of Everything' Quickly Lands in Top 10
- Cinema Blend: Weekend Box Office: Mockingjay Part 1 Biggest Opening Of The Year, Not Of The Franchise
- Vulture: The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 Sets Box Office Record, But Hits a Franchise Low
- Hollywood Reporter: South Korean Box Office: 'Interstellar' Remains on Top for Third Week
- Variety: Japan Box Office: ‘Interstellar’ Opens on Top
- Hollywood Reporter: China Box Office: 'Gone With the Bullets' Advance Ticket Sales Top 'Transformers 4'
- Moviefone: Box Office: Why Did 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1' Have the Weakest Opening of the Franchise?
- The Wrap: ‘Hunger Games: Mockingjay’ On Pace for $130 Million After Topping Friday Box Office with $55 Million
- Collider: Friday Box Office: MOCKINGJAY PART 1 Claims Highest Debut of 2014 with $55 Million
- HitFix: Box Office: 'Mockingjay' trails previous 'Hunger Games' films with $55 million Friday
- MovieWeb: 'Mockingjay' Earns Biggest Box Office Opening of 2014 with $55M
- Comic Book Movie: BOX OFFICE: HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY - Part 1 Soars With $55M On Friday
- Filmonic: The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 Box Office Update and More
- The Wrap: ‘Hunger Games: Mockingjay’ Conquers Box Office with Year's Best Opening at $123 Million
- HitFix: Box Office: 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay' is no. 1 but can't live up to 'Catching Fire'
- Screen Crush: Weekend Box Office Report: 'The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1' Makes All of the Money and It's Still Not Enough
- Collider: Weekend Box Office: MOCKINGJAY – PART 1 Claims 2014 Record with $123 Million
- Empire Magazine: The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1 Flies High At The US Box Office
- JoBlo: Weekend Box Office Report: November 21-23, 2014
- MovieWeb: BOX OFFICE: 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay' Takes $123 Million
- The Wrap: ‘Interstellar’ Rockets to $450 Million at Worldwide Box Office
- ScreenRant: Weekend Box Office Wrap Up: November 23rd, 2014
Rumors have been flying fast and furious of late, regarding the first trailer for J.J. Abrams’ revival of the Star Wars live-action movie franchise, Star Wars: The Force Awakens. The most recent speculative report on the matter claimed that Walt Disney Pictures and Lucasfilm are planning to have the Force Awakens teaser screen in front of every single movie being shown at 100 theaters across the U.S., beginning over the Thanksgiving holiday weekend. Well, we now have some official information to offer on the matter, and it turns out there’s at least some truth to that rumor.
- The Playlist: 'Star Wars: Episode VII — The Force Awakens' Trailer Hits Theaters This Friday
- Comic Book Movie: First STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS Trailer Debuts In Theaters This Friday
- Collider: STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS Trailer Confirmed to Play This Weekend in Front of All Movies at Select Theaters; Find out Which Ones
- MovieWeb: 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Trailer Debuts in Theaters Friday!
- FirstShowing.net: 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Trailer Hits Theaters on Black Friday
- Digital Spy: Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer to debut in US cinemas on Friday
- SlashFilm: ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Trailer Debut Planned for Thanksgiving Week; First Theaters Revealed [UPDATED]
- Variety: ‘Star Wars’ Trailer to Debut at Regal Theaters on Friday
- ScreenRant: Rumor Patrol: ‘Star Wars 7: The Force Awakens’ Trailer to Debut Next Weekend
- Comic Book Movie: UPDATE: Expect The First Teaser For STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS By Next Week?
- Collider: The STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS Trailer May Arrive Thanksgiving Week
- MTV Movies Blog: Find Out Where You Can See The ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Trailer
- Hollywood Reporter: 'Star Wars' Trailer To Debut In Theaters This Weekend
- Cinema Blend: The Star Wars 7 Trailer WIll Be Shown At These 9 Theaters
- MovieWeb: 'Star Wars 7' Trailer to Premiere Next Weekend in 100 Theaters?
- Screen Crush: UPDATE: 'Star Wars: Episode 7′ Trailer Will Debut in Theaters Thanksgiving Weekend
- Cinema Blend: Star Wars Might Make Your Thanksgiving Weekend Incredible
- Cinema Blend: What Star Wars' Opening Crawl Was Originally Going To Read
- Mania: Star Wars Rebels: Gathering Forces Review
- Rotten Tomatoes: News: Read Star Wars' Original Opening Crawl
- AintItCool: Here It Comes!! Learn Where And When You Can See THE FORCE AWAKENS Trailer…
- Vulture: You Can See the Star Wars: Episode VII Trailer This Weekend If You Live in 1 of 9 Cities
- Badass Digest: The First STAR WARS Spin-Off Could Be Bounty Hunterrific
- Comic Book Movie: Check Out Some New Behind-The-Scenes Pics from The Set Of STAR WARS
- IGN Movies: Star Wars Trailer Confirmed to Debut This Weekend
- Collider: Read the STAR WARS Original Opening Crawl Before It Was Finessed by Brian De Palma
- The Playlist: Listen: 50-Minute Podcast Discussing The $37 Billion Empire Of The 'Star Wars' Franchise
- SlashFilm: Rumor: 2016 Star Wars Spin-Off Movie Plot Revealed
- Collider: Rumor: STAR WARS Spin-Off Plot Is a Heist Film Involving Bounty Hunters and the Death Star
- Comic Book Movie: SPOILER ALERT! Plot Of Gareth Edwards' STAR WARS Spinoff Sounds A Lot Like SUICIDE SQUAD
Universal will debut the first full trailer for 'Jurassic World' on Thanksgiving, and here's everything we're hoping to see.
- Chud: First ‘Jurassic World’ Footage Debuts!
- Shock Till You Drop: Check Out a Teaser for the Jurassic World Trailer!
- Dark Horizons: "Jurassic World" Teaser Gets Teased
- Deadline: ‘Jurassic World’: The Park Is Open In Hot Teaser To Trailer
- Horror-Movies.ca: Official Teaser Trailer for Jurassic World
- Variety: Watch: ‘Jurassic World’ Teaser Takes Look Back at the Original
- Cinema Blend: Jurassic World Prepares Us For The New Trailer With Dinosaurs And A Familiar Tune
- Badass Digest: A First Look At The JURASSIC WORLD Trailer
- Hollywood Reporter: 'Jurassic World' Teaser Welcomes Visitors to the Park
- AintItCool: Want to see 15 seconds of Jurassic World? Sure ya' do!
- Mania: Jurassic World: Teaser of Teaser Trailer
- Dread Central: The Countdown for Jurassic World’s Thanksgiving Trailer Debut Has Begun!
- Vulture: The Jurassic World Teaser Trailer Is Here
- We Got This Covered: First Footage From Jurassic World Is Revealed
- Comic Book Movie: First Footage From JURASSIC WORLD In Trailer Teaser!
- IGN Movies: Check Out the First Jurassic World Footage
- Screen Crush: 'Jurassic World' Teaser Promises to Deliver Our First Trailer on Thanksgiving Day
- SlashFilm: Watch First Official Footage From The ‘Jurassic World’ Trailer
- ScreenRant: ‘Jurassic World’ Preview Footage; Trailer Premiere Date Revealed
- HitFix: 'Jurassic World' trailer for the trailer is here and you're totally gonna watch it
- FirstShowing.net: Teaser for This Week's 'Jurassic World' Trailer Finally Shows Dinos!
- JoBlo: The park is open in this tease of the full trailer for Jurassic World
- MTV Movies Blog: The New ‘Jurassic World’ Teaser Trailer Reveals An Even Bigger Announcement
- MovieWeb: 'Jurassic World' Trailer Preview Reveals First Movie Footage
- Bleeding Cool: NFL Fans Will Get The First Look At The Jurassic World Trailer
- Digital Spy: "The park is open" in Jurassic World's first teaser trailer
It was good news/bad news for The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 1 this weekend as its estimated $123 million opening was the biggest domestic debut of 2014 yet also the lowest opening weekend for the franchise. That opening number is far below industry expectations, which had pegged the film as opening close to $150 million. The second installment, Catching Fire, debuted to $158.1 million, while the first Hunger Games opened to $152.5 million. Mockingjay, Part 1's global total currently stands at $275 million. Here are the weekend estimates via Rentrak: Continue reading…
- The Playlist: Weekend Box-Office: ‘Mockingjay’ Has The Biggest Opening Of 2014, But Well Below ‘Hunger Games’ Standards At Home
- Deadline: ‘Mockingjay’, Similar To Previous ‘Hunger Games’, Relaxes Saturday: Weekend B.O.
- Cinema Blend: Monday Movie Memo: Why The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Just Made Me Furious And Sad
- Hollywood Reporter: Lionsgate Analysts Upbeat After 'The Hunger Games: Mockingjay' Weekend Box-Office Haul
- The Wrap: What the ‘Hunger Games: Mockingjay’ Moviegoers Are Saying: 11 of the Funniest Reactions to the Threequel
- USA Today: Gale's fails: He can't romance Katniss in 'Mockingjay'
- USA Today: 'Mockingjay' triumphs with $123M, but series slips
- Dark Horizons: "Mockingjay" Opening Weekend Underwhelms?
- Badass Digest: Listen To Jennifer Lawrence Sing MOCKINGJAY’s Hanging Tree
- MTV Movies Blog: Why ‘Mockingjay’ Wouldn’t Have Worked Without Effie Trinket
- BoxOfficeMojo: Analysis: Friday Report: 'Mockingjay' Spreads Its Wings with $55 Million
- JoBlo: Exclusive Cool Video: Dinner and a Movie - "Mockingjay" Lamb Stew
- MTV Movies Blog: Could Peeta’s ‘Mockingjay’ Hijacking Really Happen? We Asked A Hypnotist
- MTV Movies Blog: Jennifer Lawrence Did More Than Just Act In ‘Mockingjay’—Listen To Her Musical Contribution
- HitFix: Francis Lawrence: Directing 'Mockingjay' was like 'wrangling puppies'
- BoxOfficeMojo: Analysis: 'Mockingjay' Can't Catch 'Fire'
On Friday the cast and crew of NBC’s Constantine were told that the production will be stopped after the initial 13 episode order that it received. But the series is not cancelled and is in strong contention for a second season. The show has been gaining audiences since its initial airing with it being up 38% with the fifth episode that aired Friday. The problem is that unlike other freshman shows, Constantine didn’t start until late October giving the network only four episodes to make a full season commitment on.
- Deadline: ‘Constantine’ To Stop Production After 13 Episodes, Remains In Contention At NBC
- Vulture: NBC Pumps the Brakes on Constantine, Will Halt Production After 13 Episodes
- Rotten Tomatoes: News: Constantine Will Halt Production After 13 Episodes
- Variety: NBC to End Season One of ‘Constantine’ After 13 Episodes
- Mania: Constantine: Danse Vaudou Review
- Dark Horizons: NBC Halts Production On "Constantine"
- Comic Book Movie: CONSTANTINE Season 1, Episode 7 Stills; "Blessed Are The Damned"
- Bleeding Cool: Constantine – To Hell And Back: Danse Vaudou
- Comic Book Movie: NBC's CONSTANTINE Sees A Rise In Friday Night Ratings!
- Comic Book Movie: CONSTANTINE Will End Season at Episode Thirteen
How did we get to place where a series can't just end? Here's a quick look back.
- Variety: Lionsgate Stock Falls on ‘Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1′ Debut
- Collider: TOP 5: THE HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY – PART 1, PITCH PERFECT 2, Chris Pratt in COWBOY NINJA VIKING, THE STAND Will Be Four Movies, FANTASTIC MR. FOXCATCHER Trailer
- MTV Movies Blog: The One Line Cut From ‘Mockingjay – Part 1′ That Will Be Central To ‘Part 2’
- MTV Movies Blog: ‘The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1′ Did Something That No Other Movie Has Done This Year
- Vulture: Mockingjay Director Francis Lawrence on Reworking Philip Seymour Hoffman’s Part and Getting His Star to Sing
- Cinema Blend: The Mysterious Finnick Scene That Had To Be Cut From The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1
- Vulture: Did The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1 End in the Right Place? and Other Questions
- Filmonic: 7 Things To Know About The New Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1
- ScreenRant: ‘The Hobbit’ Part 3: ‘The Last Goodbye’ Music Video; Behind the Scenes Thorin Image
- HitFix: Best and Worst of 'The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part I'
- Bleeding Cool: Jennifer Lawrence Sings The Hanging Tree From Mockingjay Part I
Every generation has their Batman. Depending on the age of the person you ask, you’ll discover Adam West fans, Michael Keaton fans, Kevin Conroy fans and, if you stare into the darkness long enough, a George Clooney fan. For a certain group of fans, Christian Bale’s take on the Dark Knight always be the definitive interpretation, with his gravelly growl and trademark intensity instantly beating out whatever Ben Affleck brings to the character in ‘Batman vs. Superman.’ Some of these people are going to resent Affleck no matter what.
- We Got This Covered: Christian Bale Confesses He Was Initially Jealous Of Ben Affleck’s Batman
- The Playlist: Christian Bale Admits He Was Initially "Jealous" When Ben Affleck Was Cast As Batman
- Cinema Blend: How Christian Bale Reacted To News That Ben Affleck Had Been Cast As Batman
- Comic Book Movie: Christian Bale Talks Ben Affleck As BATMAN And Whether He Contemplated A Return
- IGN Movies: Bale Admits He's Jealous of Affleck as Batman
- MTV Movies Blog: This Is The Tragic Tale Of Christian Bale Finding Out About Batfleck
- Comic Book Movie: Geek Deals: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, BATMAN, ROBERT DOWNEY JR. And More
- ScreenRant: SR Geek Picks: LEGO Batman vs. Superman, ‘Smallville’-Themed Wedding & More
- Comic Book Movie: VIDEO GAMES: Awesome New BATMAN: ARKHAM KNIGHT Trailer Hits...Hard
Rick seeks a peaceful agreement when rules and morals are tossed aside by new enemies.
- Dread Central: The Walking Dead Video Blowout: Go Inside Ep. 5.07 – Crossed; Sneak Peek of Ep. 5.08 – Coda
- IndieWire: Review: 'The Walking Dead' Season 5, Episode 7, 'Crossed': Fishing With GREATM
- Moviefone: 'The Walking Dead' Season 5, Episode 7 Recap: You're Not Holding it Right
- Shock Till You Drop: The Walking Dead Recap Episode 507 – Crossed
- We Got This Covered: The Walking Dead Review: “Crossed” (Season 5, Episode 7)
- AintItCool: Sunday Brings 2014’s Almost-Last WALKING DEAD!!
- Variety: ‘The Walking Dead’ Recap: Double ‘Crossed’
- Vulture: The Walking Dead Recap: Good Cop, Bad Cop
Director Thomas Vinterberg is an audacious filmmaker, ready to sink his teeth into the heaviest forms of drama. Taking an on adaptation of Thomas Hardy's 'Far From The Madding Crowd' with Carey Mulligan sounds (and looks) just about perfect.http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/in-contention
- Deadline: Carey Mulligan, Matthias Schoenaerts In ‘Far From The Madding Crowd’: Hot Trailer
- IndieWire: Watch: Carey Mulligan Smolders On and Off-Screen in 'Far from the Madding Crowd' Trailer
- Digital Spy: Watch Carey Mulligan in first Far from the Madding Crowd teaser trailer
- The Playlist: Watch: First Trailer For Thomas Vinterberg's 'Far From The Madding Crowd' Starring Carey Mulligan
- Variety: Watch: First Trailer for Thomas Vinterberg’s ‘Far From the Madding Crowd’
- Dark Horizons: First Trailer: "Far from the Madding Crowd"
- FirstShowing.net: Must Watch: Trailer for Vinterberg's 'Far From the Madding Crowd'
- Empire Magazine: Far From The Madding Crowd's First Trailer Online
Over the summer, we learned that Hugh Jackman completely shaved his head in order to play the villainous pirate Blackbeard in Joe Wright's new adaptation of the classic tale of Peter Pan. The new fantasy adventure is simply called Pan, and it definitely offers a new spin on J.M. Barrie's classic characters. This version finds Peter as a young orphan in World War II who never grew up. He ends up getting kidnapped by Blackbeard's pirates and taken away to Neverland. And while this Neverland is still full of pirate ships, this time they also happen to fly.
- SlashFilm: First Look: Hugh Jackman and Levi Miller in Joe Wright’s ‘Pan’
- Collider: First PAN Images Show a Screaming Hugh Jackman as Blackbeard in Joe Wright’s PETER PAN Prequel
- MTV Movies Blog: See Hugh Jackman’s Hardcore Pirate Look From ‘Pan’
- Entertainment Weekly: ‘Pan’ First Look: Hugh Jackman sports a very twirlable mustache as the villainous Blackbeard
- Dark Horizons: First Photos: Hugh Jackman In "Pan"
- Digital Spy: First look at Hugh Jackman, Levi Miller in new Peter Pan movie
- Comic Book Movie: UPDATE: First Official PAN Stills Reveal Hugh Jackman As 'Blackbeard'
- Empire Magazine: Pan Images Fly Online
For fans of R.L. Stine’s classic ‘Goosebumps’ book series, it’s hard to imagine how those diverse books will translate to one movie adaptation. With stories of mummies, evil dummies, various monsters and ghouls—how can they pack all that and Jack Black into one film? We’ve long wondered just how many monsters the film would feature, and now thanks to these new monster portraits, we’ve got an idea. The answer is a whole bunch, including a few that readers will no doubt recognize. Continue reading…
- We Got This Covered: Reader, Beware, You’re In For A Scare With These New Monster Images For Jack Black’s Goosebumps
- Shock Till You Drop: Meet the Monsters of the Goosebumps Movie!
- AintItCool: New Images from the GOOSEBUMPS Movie! Monsters Galore!
- ScreenRant: ‘Goosebumps’ Image Gallery Shows Off Monsters Galore
- SlashFilm: ‘Goosebumps’ Monsters Revealed in New Images
- MovieWeb: 'Goosebumps' Movie Monsters Revealed; Meme Contest Announced
- MTV Movies Blog: Nostalgia Alert: ‘Goosebumps’ Movie Is Filled With Classic Characters
The sudden loss of Mike Nichols last week shook Hollywood. The filmmaker, comic, writer, and producer was not only a hugely influential presence at the movies, on television, and on the stage, he was widely regarded as simply one of the finest people around.
- IndieWire: Broadway Playwright Explains Mike Nichols' Talent For Turning Theater Into Film
- Hollywood Reporter: When Mike Nichols Early Films Hit Theaters for the First Time
- Deadline: Bart & Fleming: On ‘Birdman,’ Sony PR Tsuris, Mike Nichols And Bill Cosby
- Cinema Blend: Angelina Jolie Doesn't Want To Act Anymore
- MTV Movies Blog: Is Angelina Jolie Quitting Acting To Become A Full-Time Director?
- JoBlo: The Good, the Bad & the Badass: Mike Nichols
- Twitch: Twitchvision: Jason Gorber Talks HUNGER GAMES, HOMESMAN, Mike Nichols and Much More!
There's no doubts that with a $40 million domestic gross, THE EXPENDABLES 3 was not the home-run Lionsgate and director Patrick Hughes were swinging for. Despite toting its most robust cast to date, the film underperformed its previous two installments by a pretty wide margin. So what was the fault? The PG-13 rating? The movie leaking online three weeks before the film's theatrical release?... Read More...
- Digital Spy: Sylvester Stallone regrets 'miscalculated' PG-13 rating for Expendables 3
- Collider: Sylvester Stallone Says THE EXPENDABLES 4 Will Be More Violent; Admits The PG-13 Rating For THE EXPENDABLES 3 Was a Mistake
- Rotten Tomatoes: News: Stallone Vows R Rating for Expendables 4
- Badass Digest: Ever The Optimist, Stallone Talks THE EXPENDABLES 4
- ScreenRant: ‘The Expendables 4′ Will Be Rated R
- Dark Horizons: Fourth "Expendables" To Be R-Rated
- Screen Crush: 'Expendables 4′ Will Return to R Rating, Possibly Include Time Travel
One of Hollywood’s favorite buzz phrases at the moment is “shared universe,” which rose to popularity a few years ago when Marvel Studios kicked off its own with The Avengers. The movie, which brought Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, and other heroes together is still one of the highest grossing films of all time. In the years since, other studios have pushed to create their own shared universes (that may not necessarily involve superheroes).
- Comic Book Movie: James Gunn Discusses Shared Universes Saying "The Business Model Is Flawed"
- Screen Crush: 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Director James Gunn Calls Shared Movie Universe Model "Flawed"
- The Playlist: James Gunn Says Shared Universe Model Is "Flawed," Plus Listen To "Awesome Mixtape Volume Zero" For 'Guardians'
- Dark Horizons: "Guardians" Helmer Talks Shared Universes
- Cinema Blend: James Gunn Has A Huge Problem With The Movie Industry
- Comic Book Movie: James Gunn On The Return Of 'Nebula' In GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 2
PLOT: When a wealthy businessman steals their product, Nick, Kurt and Dale once again come up with a wholly illegal way to get revenge. REVIEW: The main problem with HORRIBLE BOSSES 2 is that it's undisciplined; I know that sounds like a silly complaint for a R-rated comedy, but there's a sense that no one - not the actors nor the director nor the editor - is willing to hold back its... Read More...
- USA Today: Who says a 'Bosses' sequel has to be horrible?
- USA Today: 'Horrible Bosses 2' stars reveal worst jobs
- USA Today: Trailer: 'Horrible Bosses 2'
- Cinema Blend: This Rotten Week: Predicting Horrible Bosses 2 And Penguins Of Madagascar Reviews
- Digital Spy: Horrible Bosses 2 review: More polished brass than comedy gold
The word coming from the Daily Mail is that Christoph Waltz will be the villain in Bond 24 and he will in fact be playing Ernst Stavro Blofeld. The Daily Mail said about the casting: Waltz’s involvement in the new film – which has the working title ‘Bond 24’ – will be confirmed at a press conference to be held in the first week of December.
- We Got This Covered: Is Christoph Waltz Playing Ernst Stavro Blofeld In Bond 24?
- IGN Movies: Christoph Waltz Rumored to Play Blofeld in Bond 24
- Hollywood Reporter: James Bond 24 to Shoot Scenes in Rome
- Digital Spy: Bond 24 spoilers: Which classic villain is returning?
- Comic Book Movie: BOND 24 Is Headed To Rome
This week’s Gotham is their Fall Finale… not sure exactly when shows started having fall finales, but they all seem to now.
- AintItCool: Hercules Enjoys Some Of Tonight’s Final GOTHAM Of 2014!!
- Comic Book Movie: "Something Fishy" Featurette For GOTHAM Focuses On 'Penguin' Vs. 'Fish Mooney'
- Comic Book Movie: New GOTHAM Season 1, Episode 10 Promo; "LoveCraft"
- Comic Book Movie: GOTHAM: First Look At Lesley-Ann Brandt As 'Copperhead'
The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies” brings to an epic conclusion the adventures of Bilbo Baggins, Thorin Oakenshield and the Company of Dwarves. Having reclaimed their homeland from the Dragon Smaug, the Company has unwittingly unleashed a deadly force into the world. Enraged, Smaug rains his fiery wrath down upon the defenseless men, women and children of Lake-town.
- Cinema Blend: This Hobbit Music Video Is The Perfect Ending To The Trilogy
- Bleeding Cool: Billy Boyd Sings The Last Goodbye From The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies
- Empire Magazine: First Look At Empire's The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies Cover
- Empire Magazine: First Look At Empire's The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies Covers
- Comic Book Movie: Two Empire Magazine Covers Featuring THE HOBBIT: THERE AND BACK AGAIN Cast
Charlie Higson has cooked up a period takeIf it seems only a few years since someone created a new televised take on Robert Louis Stevenson’s The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll And Mr Hyde, that’s because it was, thanks to Steven Moffat’s Jekyll in 2007. Yet ITV now has Fast Show veteran Charlie Higson plotting his own version for a new series.Higson, who has established himself as a novelist in addition to his TV work, has come up with an idea to follow Robert Jekyll, the grandson of the original doctor, in the 1930s.
With principal photography set to begin next month in Colorado, The Hateful Eight cast has assembled for rehearsals, with Samuel L. Jackson sharing behind-the-scenes photos earlier today.Cast members such as Kurt Russell, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Walton Goggins, Demián Bichir, Tim Roth, Michael Madsen, Bruce Dern and Samuel L. Jackson are seen in the images, alongside writer-director Quentin Tarantino.In The Hateful Eight, set six or eight or twelve years after the Civil War, a stagecoach hurtles through the wintry Wyoming landscape.
- Screen Crush: Check Out the Rehearsals For Quentin Tarantino's 'The Hateful Eight'
- JoBlo: Behind-the-scenes images from Quentin Tarantino's The Hateful Eight
- Collider: Samuel L. Jackson Tweets Behind-the-Scenes Images from Quentin Tarantino’s THE HATEFUL EIGHT
- SlashFilm: POTD: Quentin Tarantino’s ‘Hateful Eight’ Assemble for First Behind-the-Scenes Photos
Mash-ups have become so prevalent on the internet that it’s easy to shrug most of them off these days, but we’ve gotta admit that this one is pretty charming (and well-made, to boot): someone’s gone and re-edited scenes from ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ with the theme song from ‘Friends,’ delivering ‘Friends of the Galaxy,’ a sitcom that we would not mind watching at all. Continue reading…
Rob Marshall's adaptation of Stephen Sondheim's classic enters the Oscar race and Meryl Streep's performance as the Witch steals the show.http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/in-contention
Amy Adams still attached to starAfter helping Matthew McConaughey and Jared Leto to Oscar success with Dallas Buyers Club, director Jean-Marc Vallee is back in gong season with this year’s Wild, starring Reese Witherspoon. And he’s already looking ahead to more potential awards bait, entering negotiations to direct the long-developing Janis Joplin biopic with Amy Adams in the lead.Joplin’s storied life and music career has been a fascination for filmmakers for years: at one point there were competing projects warbling their way through development.
- Empire Magazine: Jean-Marc Vallee In Talks For Janis Joplin Biopic
- Digital Spy: Amy Adams to play Janis Joplin in biopic
- Rotten Tomatoes: News: Amy Adams' Janis Joplin Biopic May Have Its Director
- ScreenRant: ‘Dallas Buyers Club’ Director to Helm Amy Adams’ Janis Joplin Biopic
Emily Blunt was originally cast as Black Widow in IRON MAN 2 before having to drop out due to a scheduling conflict with GULLIVER'S TRAVELS, and she also turned down a part in CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER. Now there have been rumors Marvel may want her to play Captain Marvel in their upcoming film, but has the studio contacted her about playing the character, and is the actress even interested... Read More...
- Cinema Blend: Emily Blunt As Captain Marvel? Here's What She Says
- Screen Crush: Emily Blunt on 'Captain Marvel' Role: "Let's Call Marvel About That Right Now"
- Comic Book Movie: Emily Blunt Seems Interested In Playing CAPTAIN MARVEL
Warner Bros. is returning to the Harry Potter cinematic universe with the upcoming spinoff, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. Harry Potter creator J.K. Rowling revealed she was in the process of “tweaking” her Fantastic Beasts movie script a few months back, around the time that David Yates (director of the last four HP movies) was reported to be in negations to serve as the film’s helmsman.
You won't find Jennifer Aniston and Shailene Woodley at the top of any Oscar prediction polls these days, but you could find the two actresses meeting voters along the awards circuit this week. There's a good reason for that: This year's Best Actress race could have room for dark-horse candidates to slip in if they play their cards right. So Woodley returned from a camping trip in the mountains to meet voters, the press and some of their kids at a “The Fault in Our Stars” lunch at Craft in Century City on Thursday, while Aniston launched a full weekend of promotional wo
We ranked every food eaten in the "Hunger Games" movies, so eat your popcorn and be grateful for what you have.
- Hollywood Reporter: Top 5 'Hunger Games' Controversies
- Thompson on Hollywood: Top Ten Takeaways: Why 'Hunger Games' Dropped & Hurt 'Interstellar' & 'Beyond the Lights'
He'll co-direct the film with Reid CarolinThere was talk a while ago that Channing Tatum might direct the Magic Mike sequel, but that job instead went to Gregory Jacobs. Then came the announcement that Tatum and producing partner Reid Carolin are attached to make an adaptation of Jo Nesbø’s novel The Son.
- Long Island Newsday: Channing Tatum to direct first film
- MTV Movies Blog: Channing Tatum Is Taking On A Completely New Role For His Next Movie
Elf and safetyA couple of weeks ago, the world at large learned of the existence of Strange Magic, an animated adventure based on an idea by George Lucas that had quietly been developing at his Lucasfilm company under the aegis of director Gary Rydstrom. With the movie arriving in the US in a couple of months, the trailer has now appeared. Strange Magic is set in a world where the kingdoms of the magical and the mysterious are linked but never meet.
Jon Stewart, you just might want to keep your “The Daily Show” day job, if the early box office returns are an indicator. The cable TV host made his movie writing and directorial debut on “Rosewater,” a drama starring Gael Garcia Bernal that Stewart also executive produced.
Patrick Stewart is ingrained into our thoughts as a good guy. Whether in his roles as Jean-Luc Picard or Charles Xavier or even in the real life photo montage of he and Ian McKellan being best friends and cooler than everyone. But in the Green Room, Stewart plays the head of a group of Neo-Nazi skinheads.
Cameron Diaz's "Saturday Night Live" hosting stint this week brought with it an inevitable "Annie" spoof, and dare I say it looks better than the actual movie.http://www.hitfix.com
The staff at ACN do one thing, do it well: report the news. Operation Genoa aside, over the past two seasons, Will McAvoy (Jeff Daniels) and his team have worked to attain a certain standard of journalistic integrity. Even if that has resulted in the lowest ratings amongst their competitors, "The Newsroom" staff do adhere to an unwritten rulebook, one that lets them go home at night knowing they've done the best work they could.
Following the EW magazine covers, new photos and official storyboards that were released last month from Terminator Genisys, another photo has surfaced featuring Arnold Schwarzenegger as the T-800.The photo was discovered by Twitter user Clinkenbeard, who claims that the photo was taken by a German tour group at Paramount Pictures.
To say that the work of David Fincher is often eulogized in homemade tribute videos would be an understatement. Since his distinct visual style and framing crosses over into many of his movies, there are myriad opportunities for creative match cuts cleverly linking shots and movements between different Fincher films, some of them almost twenty years apart. Add a layer of pre-Fincher-movie-scoring Trent Reznor into the mix, and you have a winning combination. That’s exactly what Vimeo user Artem Chudinov did.
I mean seriously, why would you even want to go to or worse, live in an abandoned house in the middle of a marsh, evil spirits or not, that’s a very bad idea. Anyway, here’s the trailer for The Woman in Black 2: Angel of Death. Starring Daniel Radcliffe, The Woman in Black was a […] Read There is No Escape from The Woman in Black 2: Angel of Death on Filmonic.
By Dan Celko and Jeremy Konrad The Dedicated Server is a YouTube news show here to keep you informed about gaming, talk about the implications for related fandoms, and tell you what we think about it. Also: many, many detours. Check out our channel and like our Facebook page, we want to hear from you! This week: The Gampocaplyse happened! So many games came out this week, and we chat about those for a bit. Then we get a little jealous of the people who swindled Walmart out of PS4, Wii U, and 3DS earlier in the week. Mewtwo is paid DLC for Smash Bros…except he isn’t?
- We Got This Covered: Turtle Rock Plans To Release All Evolve DLC Maps For Free
Lou Ye's Blind Massage won six prizes at last night's Golden Horse awards in Taipei, including Best Feature Film, Best New Performer and Best Adapted Screenplay. Hong Kong's Ann Hui was named Best Director for The Golden Era, while Chen Jian-bin won the Best Actor prize for A Fool and Chen Shiang Chyi won Best Actress for Exit.Regarded as the most prestigious awards ceremony for Chinese language cinema, the Golden Horse awards are now in their 51st year, and were handed out at a star-studded affair last night in the Taiwanese capital.
- Hollywood Reporter: China's 'Blind Massage' Sweeps Taiwan's Golden Horse Awards
No, it’s not the kind of world domination that you might think, it’s a singing contest, but you probably know that already as this is the trailer to a sequel, Pitch Perfect 2. Full disclosure, I’ve never seen anything from Pitch Perfect, not even a picture. The extent of my Pitch Perfect knowledge starts and […] Read Anna Kendrick Competes for World Domination in Pitch Perfect 2 on Filmonic.
He'll discover if Dead Men Tell No TalesWith Johnny Depp as usual strapped to the mast as Captain Jack Sparrow and not one, but two directors (Kon-Tiki duo Joachim Ronning and Espen Sandberg) recruited, the fifth Pirates Of The Caribbean film, Dead Men Tell No Tales is gathering the rest of its scurvy crew.
- Rotten Tomatoes: News: Brenton Thwaites Joins Pirates of the Caribbean 5
Uproxx has posted the gag reel for Star Trek: The Next Generation Season 7. Here we get to see Patrick Stewart get stepped on and Jonathan Frakes pull off a classic triple-take. Click here to view the embedded video. Star Trek: The Next Generation Gag Reel
Last night there was a screening of The Flash and Arrow crossovers and executive produce Andrew Kreisberg gave a brief interview to the Hollywood Reporter. In it he gave us a good idea of what’s coming up for Laurel Lance (Katie Cassidy) and just when we’d get to see her in all black. “Laurel appears in the Arrow episode. She’s not as present in these episodes, but that is because we’ve been building up to her appearance as the Black Canary. We sort of said that Sara was the Canary, but Laurel is the Black Canary.
It's hard to believe that it has been more than six years since the release of 2008's Wanted. Interest in a sequel has been lukewarm at best. The film seemed to come to a natural conclusion. One of the film's main attractions, Angelina Jolie's 'Fox,' had been killed off. Producer, Marc Platt, told comingsoon.net that the sequel is still coming together. “We have a script that’s getting pretty good,” Platt explained. “To do a sequel when it wasn’t really set up for a sequel–one of our main characters dies in it.
- Digital Spy: Wanted 2 producer offers update: "It's coming along"
The success of the Guardians of the Galaxy movie didn’t just reinvigorate that Marvel franchise. It’s about to resuscitate an underground Marvel character George Lucas all but killed in the Eighties. Marvel Comics has announced it about to start publication of a new Howard the Duck comic book. On March 4, Howard the Duck #1 by Chip Zdarsky and Joe Quinones will be released, with the story following the alien duck on adventures as a private detective in the Marvel Universe.
- Mania: HOWARD THE DUCK #1 is Coming
Tina Fey‘s new show, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, was going to be a mid-season replacement on NBC. That network, of course, is where Fey got her big break on Saturday Night Live; then it became the butt of her jokes on the award-winning sitcom 30 Rock. So it seemed like the perfect fit. However, in what seems to be a happy split, the show – which stars Office-alum Ellie Kemper as a cult dropout trying to make it in New York City- will now debut on Netflix in March 2015. More so, it got an immediate two-season order from the streaming company.
The Last Starfighter has seen a nice little bump in nostalgic recognition over the past few days. The reason? This awesome “Modern Trailer,” which /Film was among the first to post. Many fans have been watch the trailer and wondering the same thing I wondered in the text of the piece. Why hasn’t this fantastic, yet underrated movie, with a premise so perfectly engrained in modern pop culture, been remade yet? Several filmmakers and writers, among them Star Wars stand alone writer Gary Whitta and actor/writer/director Seth Rogen, have been discussing this topic on Twitter.
- Entertainment Weekly: Times Change: ‘Jurassic World’ teases with three homages to Steven Spielberg’s original
- Comic Book Movie: New Promo Art For Upcoming Crossover Between ARROW And THE FLASH