Top Movie News for September 29, 2016
Slowly but surely, Marvel has introduced many of the Ininity Stones, all of which will play a big role in the upcoming Marvel Studios teamup flick, Avengers: Infinity War.
- Coming Soon: A New Doctor Strange Motion Poster Opens An Eye
- Cinema Blend: Exclusive Doctor Strange Images Show Off The Sorcerer Supreme And Rachel McAdams' Key Character
- Cinema Blend: The Doctor Strange Trailer May Have Confirmed When This Fits Into The MCU Timeline
- IGN Movies: What Doctor Strange Means for Future Marvel Movies
- MovieWeb: Kaecilius, Mordo & the Ancient One Get Doctor Strange Character Posters
- ScreenRant: Star Wars: Final Rogue One Trailer Attached To Doctor Strange
- Screen Crush: The Rest of the 'Doctor Strange' Cast Get Their Character Posters
- Latino Review: More Character Posters For MARVEL'S DOCTOR STRANGE Are Released
- MovieWeb: Final Star Wars: Rogue One Trailer Is Coming with Doctor Strange
- HitFix: When Loki and Doctor Strange interview each other, we all win
- Latino Review: DOCTOR STRANGE: Characters Mordo And Wong Will Be Handled Much Differently In The Film
- Comic Book Movie: Three More Motion Posters For DOCTOR STRANGE Focus On The Sorcerer Supreme's Allies And Nemesis
- Fandango Movie Blog: ‘Doctor Strange’ Set Visit Part 2: The Magical Objects and Mysterious Characters
- Comic Book Movie: The Final Trailer For ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS STORY Will Be Attached To DOCTOR STRANGE
- Latino Review: More Motion Posters Revealed For MARVEL'S DOCTOR STRANGE
- Bleeding Cool: Star Wars: Rogue One Trailer Will Be Attached To Doctor Strange
- Comic Book Movie: Kevin Feige On The Possibility Of DOCTOR STRANGE Opening The Door To THE ULTIMATE UNIVERSE
Person of Interest star Winston Duke has landed the pivotal role of M'Baku, a.k.a. Man-Ape, in Marvel's highly-anticipated Black Panther.
- SlashFilm: ‘Black Panther’ Casts Winston Duke as the Villain Man-Ape
- Dark Horizons: Winston Duke Is M’Baku In “Black Panther”
- The Wrap: ‘Black Panther’ Hires ‘Person of Interest’ Star Winston Duke as Villain
- ScreenRant: Black Panther Adds Person of Interest’s Winston Duke as M’Baku
- JoBlo: Winston Duke joins the cast of Black Panther as M'Baku
- Bleeding Cool: Winston Duke To Play M’Baku In Black Panther
- Comic Book Movie: BLACK PANTHER Casts Man-Ape
- Latino Review: Villain Casting: Marvel's BLACK PANTHER Has Found Its Man-Ape!
- IGN Movies: Black Panther Has Seemingly Cast Another Supervillain
- JoBlo: Cool Videos: Civil War VFX reels brings Black Panther to life
- SlashFilm: ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Visual Effects Reel Shows Off Black Panther’s CG Suit & More
- Screen Crush: 'Black Panther' Adds Another Villain to the Cast
- Screen Crush: See the Making of Black Panther's CG Suit in the 'Captain America: Civil War' Visual Effects Reel
Seems it’s time to break the rules as Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) puts killing on the table again for the Green Arrow and decides to recruit a new team. Which is interesting as he never recruited the first one. Other than John Diggle (David Ramsey), the rest kept showing up. The days of magic an Arrow are over, time to get back to the street level fighting. Arrow season five kicks off October 5th on the CW. Arrow Returns To Killing In New Break The Rules Trailer
- Latino Review: ARROW Season 5 Final Trailer: Oliver Queen Goes Back To Killing, Trains New Team
- Variety: Heist Thriller ‘Silver Arrow’ Draws Phedon Papamichael to Direct
- Coming Soon: Stephen Amell Reveals Special Guests for Arrow’s 100th Episode
- Dark Horizons: Flash, Supergirl & More To Guest In “Arrow”
- Comic Book Movie: Oliver Queen Is Back To His Killer Ways In Action-Packed New Trailer For ARROW Season 5
- SlashFilm: Superhero Bits: John Cena for Superior, Deathstroke Returning to Arrow, Wakandan Accent & More
- Comic Book Movie: Green Arrow And Supergirl Together At Last In Teaser Image For ARROW's 100th Episode
- Comic Book Movie: The Villains Of The ARROW, FLASH, LEGENDS OF TOMORROW And SUPERGIRL Crossover Revealed
If you’ve been fond of grabbing your friends and going to distant lands with Jake the dog and Finn the human over the past six years, we have some bad but inevitable news. Cartoon Network has announced that Adventure Time will be ending after the ninth season of the animated series concludes in 2018. The delightfully weird show has become a favorite among kids and adults alike, and it’s easily one of the best animated series ever made.
- Deadline: Cult Hit Animated Series ‘Adventure Time’ To End In 2018
- IndieWire: Cartoon Network Announces ‘Adventure Time’ Will End After Season 9
- The A.V. Club: Newswire: Adventure Time will end after its ninth season
- Variety: Cartoon Network’s ‘Adventure Time’ to End After Season 9
- Vulture: Adventure Time’s 9th Season Will Be Its Last, Which Is a Real Punch to the Buns
- IndieWire: ‘Adventure Time’ Is Ending, But Its Legacy Is Secure
- Dark Horizons: “Adventure Time” To End With Season 9
- Bleeding Cool: Adventure Time Will Be Finishing In 2018
Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu is quite posibly the hottest dramatic director going in Hollywood right now. He has been a huge part of the Oscar scene the last few years with Birdman and The Revenant respectedly tearing it up with awards. His next project might surprise you though. It has been announced, alongside great cinematographer Emmanuel Lubezki, the director will be taking on VR next. This is for a short film that will make use of the technology to tell its story.
- SlashFilm: Alejandro G. Iñárritu Is Making A VR Movie With ILMxLAB
- Screen Crush: Alejandro Inarritu Is Doing VR, Will Turn Us All into Revenants
- JoBlo: Alejandro Iñárritu & Emmanuel Lubezki are working on a VR short film
- HitFix: Pixar’s next short, the Miyazaki successor making box office history, more animation news
- ScreenRant: The Revenant Director & Cinematographer Reunite for VR Short Film
- Deadline: BBC WW Ups Stake In Lookout Point; Factory 42 Launches With VR ‘Giselle’
- The Wrap: 4 Takeaways From TheGrill 2016: DVDs and VR Headsets Are Out but China Is Everywhere
- HitFix: Here's why it's important that Knott's Scary Farm closed down their 'Fear VR: 5150' attraction
What is Shin Godzilla? Known as Godzilla: Resurgence in Japan, it is the 29th Godzilla movie produced by the legendary production company Toho. It is directed by Hideaki Anno and Shinji Higuchi and no connection whatsoever to Gareth Edwards’ 2014 film or the giant monster universe Warner Bros. is currently building. But that doesn’t really answer the question, because Shin Godzilla isn’t what many viewers think it will be. So, what is Shin Godzilla?
- Variety: Film Review: ‘Shin Godzilla’
- Coming Soon: Fantastic Fest Interview: Nicolas Pesce on The Eyes of My Mother
- Badass Digest: Fantastic Fest Review: ANOTHER WOLFCOP Is Myth-Making And Piss-Taking On A Micro Budget
- Badass Digest: Fantastic Fest: THE AGE OF SHADOWS – A Masterful, Troublesome Thriller
- Badass Digest: Fantastic Fest: Ana Lily Amirpour Talks THE BAD BATCH And Why She Kinda Hated FURY ROAD
- Badass Digest: Report From Fantastic Fest Day 7!
- FirstShowing.net: Fantastic Fest Review: The Mo Brothers' Insane and Badass 'Headshot'
Sometimes, the story of how a classic tale was conceived can be highly interesting, and Hollywood has no shortage of examples that highlight this point. Well-received films such as Finding Neverland and Saving Mr. Banks have explored the origins of Peter Pan and Mary Poppins, providing a fresh spin on something audiences are already familiar with.
- Coming Soon: A. A. Milne Biopic Begins Filming, First Photos
- IndieWire: First Look: Margot Robbie and Domhnall Gleeson Discover ‘Winnie The Pooh’ In Author A.A. Milne Biopic
- Hollywood Reporter: First Look: Domhnall Gleeson, Margot Robbie in Fox Searchlight's A.A. Milne Biopic
- Deadline: Fox Searchlight’s Untitled A.A. Milne Project With Domhnall Gleeson & Margot Robbie: First Look
- Dark Horizons: First Photos: Gleeson, Robbie In AA Milne Biopic
- We Got This Covered: Meet The Milne Family In First Look At Untitled Winnie The Pooh Author Biopic
- Twitch: THE LODGERS: New Film From LET US PREY's Brian O'Malley Begins Production
"You're not like other people, you're an exception." Fox has released the second trailer for Warren Beatty's new film Rules Don't Apply, a romantic drama set in Hollywood in the 50s. Beatty directs and also stars in this as Howard Hughes, who contracts a young actress - played by Lily Collins - to work for him in Los Angeles. She meets her personal driver played by Alden Ehrenreich (who is playing a young Han Solo in the Star Wars spin-off) and falls for him, but can't break the rule of having a relationship with an employee.
- Hollywood Reporter: 'Rules Don't Apply' Trailer Details Alden Ehrenreich and Lily Collins' L.A. Love
- JoBlo: Alden Ehrenreich falls for Lily Collins in the trailer for Rules Don't Apply
- The Wrap: ‘Rules Don’t Apply’ Trailer: Lily Collins Defies Tradition With Alden Ehrenreich (Video)
- Coming Soon: The New Trailer for Warren Beatty’s Rules Don’t Apply
- Dark Horizons: New Trailer: Beatty’s “Rules Don’t Apply”
- Latino Review: Watch The New Trailer For Warren Beatty’s RULES DON'T APPLY
- MovieWeb: Rules Don't Apply Trailer: Warren Beatty Is Howard Hughes
Netflix released the title sequence and the theme song and title sequence for the highly anticipated original series Marvel's Luke Cage, which you can check out below.Marvel's Luke Cage, the third show in the Defenders series to launch on Netflix, will premiere globally tomorrow September 30, 2016 at 12:01am PT. The series follows the launches of Marvel's Daredevil and Marvel's Jessica Jones, and leads up to the future release of Marvel's Iron Fist, and ultimately, Marvel's The Defenders.In this groundbreaking new series, audiences will witness
- Comic Book Movie: Check Out The Unbreakable Title Sequence For LUKE CAGE Ahead Of Tomorrow's Series Debut
- Moviefone: 'Marvel's Luke Cage' Star Mike Colter on Fight Scenes vs. Sex Scenes and Avoiding the Hype
- Comic Book Movie: Mahershala Ali And Alfre Woodard Discuss Their LUKE CAGE Villains And Marvel's Netflix Strategy
- Latino Review: Another LUKE CAGE Star Is Set To Crossover Into Marvel's THE DEFENDERS
- Vulture: How Luke Cage Got Marvel to Say the N-Word
- Variety: ‘Marvel’s Luke Cage’ Star Mike Colter on Why Netflix Show Is ‘Inclusively Black’
- Comic Book Movie: LUKE CAGE Supporting Character Misty Knight Confirmed To Appear In THE DEFENDERS
- SlashFilm: Misty Knight Will Return in ‘The Defenders’, Confirms ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick
According to The Hollywood Reporter, director Justin Lin (Star Trek Beyond) has signed on to direct Hot Wheels for Legendary Pictures. The Hot Wheels film is based on the popular toyline from Mattel.
- The Wrap: ‘Star Trek Beyond’ Director Justin Lin Straps In to ‘Hot Wheels’
- SlashFilm: ‘Hot Wheels’ Movie Coming From Justin Lin
- JoBlo: Fast and Furious director Justin Lin to direct Hot Wheels movie
- ScreenRant: Hot Wheels Movie to Be Directed by Justin Lin
- MovieWeb: Hot Wheels Movie Gets Fast & Furious Director Justin Lin
- Fandango Movie Blog: News Briefs: Mel Gibson to Star in a Spy Movie; 'Fast and Furious' Director Tapped for 'Hot Wheels'
From the director of Napoleon Dynamite, Masterminds plays like a weak SNL sketch that goes on for a very long 90 minutes.
- IndieWire: ‘Masterminds’ Review: Zach Galifianakis, Kristen Wiig and More Can’t Save This Painfully Unfunny Heist Film
- Variety: Film Review: ‘Masterminds’
- We Got This Covered: Masterminds Review
- JoBlo: Review: Masterminds
- The Wrap: ‘Masterminds’ Review: Zach Galifianakis Stars in Silly ‘Hillbilly Heist’ Comedy
- Latino Review: Film Review: MASTERMINDS
Note: This video and post will spoil certain aspects of the film Deepwater Horizon A few months after the catastrophic explosion on the Deepwater Horizon oil rig -- an event that killed 11 people, led to the worst oil spill in U.S. history, and is now the basis for a new movie hitting theaters this week -- one of the survivors, Mike Williams (played by Mark Wahlberg in the film), sat down for an extensive interview with 60 Minutes, walking correspondent Scott Pelley through the events of...Read MoreRead Comments
- Badass Digest: DEEPWATER HORIZON Blows Stuff Up Real Good
- Hollywood Reporter: Box-Office Preview: Can 'Miss Peregrine's Home' Evict 'Deepwater Horizon,' 'Masterminds?'
- USA Today: 'Deepwater Horizon' shows human side of infamous BP oil spill
- USA Today: 'Deepwater Horizon' (finally!) brings Kurt Russell, Kate Hudson together
- Entertainment Weekly: Review: 'Deepwater Horizon': EW review
- Twitch: Review: DEEPWATER HORIZON, Heroes At the Mouth of Hell
In the first Jack Reacher: Never Go Back trailer, Tom Cruise beat up 11 guys. In this new IMAX trailer, which is only 90 seconds long, he beats up eight. That includes a guy on an airplane, a guy he kicks in the face, a guy he jumps on from a great height, a guy he punches through the window of his car, and a guy he strangles with his own telephone cord while talking to him on the phone. He also threatens this man with the line “Maybe I rip your arm off and beat you to death with it.” Oh please oh please oh please Tom Cruise, rip his arm off and beat him to death with it.
- Coming Soon: Jack Reacher: Never Go Back IMAX Trailer Punches Hard
- Dark Horizons: IMAX Trailer: “Jack Reacher: Never Go Back”
- Comic Book Movie: Justice Is Coming In This Badass New IMAX Trailer & Poster For JACK REACHER: NEVER GO BACK
- Latino Review: New IMAX Trailer And Poster For JACK REACHER: NEVER GO BACK Is Here!
- JoBlo: Tom Cruise goes big with the IMAX poster and trailer for Jack Reacher
- SlashFilm: ‘Jack Reacher: Never Go Back’ IMAX Trailer: Tom Cruise Is Excited To Kick Ass Again
If you’re like me, your enjoyment of Alfred Hithcock extends well beyond his classic films. Some of my favorite memories are watching the TV series Alfred Hitchcock Presents, which, not unlike Twilight Zone, was an anthology series. The difference between the two lay in the genre itself. While Twilight Zone was largely science fiction-based, Alfred Hitchcock Presents was standard mystery — oftentimes with elements of other genres interspersed. In true M. Night Shyamalan fashion, however, each episode would end with an ironic little twist.
- SlashFilm: Alfred Hitchcock Anthology TV Series in the Works
- Horror-Movies.ca: Universal Working on New Hitchcock Anthology Series ‘Welcome to Hitchcock’
- Coming Soon: Welcome to Hitchcock Anthology Series Coming from Universal
- JoBlo: Alfred Hitchcock's classic stories to be re-imagined for anthology series
- AintItCool: Herc Endorses Woody Allen’s ‘TV Series’ CRISIS IN SIX SCENES!!
Terence Winter is no stranger to tackling the criminal element after his work on The Sopranos, THE WOLF OF WALL STREET and Boardwalk Empire (which he created), so it should come as no surprise that the writer is now set to board Antoine Fuqua's remake of SCARFACE which will follow a Mexican immigrant fighting for his version of the American Dream in Los Angeles. Per Variety, Winter... Read More...
- ScreenRant: Antoine Fuqua’s Scarface Remake Lands Wolf of Wall Street Writer
- The A.V. Club: Newswire: Wolf Of Wall Street writer to do some lines for the Scarface remake
- SlashFilm: ‘Wolf of Wall Street’ Screenwriter Joins Antoine Fuqua’s ‘Scarface’ Remake
- Latino Review: SCARFACE Remake From Antoine Fuqua Lands WOLF OF WALL STREET Scribe
- Dark Horizons: “Wolf” Scribe To Pen “Scarface” Remake
Netflix released the trailer and poster for the Kevin James starring original film True Memoirs of an International Assassin, premiering on Friday, November 11 to members worldwide.True Memoirs of an International Assassin, starring Kevin James (Pixels), Andy Garcia (Kill the Messenger), and Zulay Henao (Meet the Blacks) is a Netflix original film directed by Jeff Wadlow (Kick Ass 2) The action comedy follows Sam Larson, a mild-mannered would-be author who gets mistaken for a killer-for-hire when his fictional novel about an international assassin is published as a
- Coming Soon: Kevin James in True Memoirs of an International Assassin Trailer
- Deadline: ‘True Memoirs Of An International Assassin’ Trailer: Kevin James Wrote The Book On Faux Killer
- SlashFilm: ‘True Memoirs of an International Assassin’ Trailer: How Is Kevin James Mistaken For a Hitman?
- Dark Horizons: Full Trailer: Kevin James In “International Assassin”
- Bleeding Cool: Kevin James Is An International Assassin
- Moviefone: Keanu Reeves & His Dog Are Back in 'John Wick: Chapter 2' Photos
- JoBlo: Keanu Reeves is asking for trouble in these images from John Wick 2
- MovieWeb: The Dog Lives in First John Wick 2 Photo
- Comic Book Movie: Keanu Reeves & His New Dog Take A Stroll In The First Two Photos From JOHN WICK: CHAPTER TWO
Lady Gaga had sex with Cuba Gooding Jr. on 'American Horror Story: Roanoke,' and the internet was not prepared.
- IndieWire: ‘American Horror Story: My Roanoke Nightmare’ Review: It’s Not Getting Any Better
- The A.V. Club: TV Club: On American Horror Story: Roanoke, you only think you know the story
- Coming Soon: American Horror Story: Roanoke Episode 603 Recap
- Vulture: American Horror Story: Roanoke Recap: Small Medium at Large
While its popularity has ebbed and flowed over the 100-plus years that movies have been a thing, one genre that never seems to go out of style for too long is the historical drama. This makes perfect sense really, as instead of just dryly reading or being told about the straight facts surrounding a important event or period in history, audiences can be entertained by a dramatic re-telling of what happened.
- Deadline: Michael Shannon Joins Benedict Cumberbatch In TWC’s ‘The Current War’
- IndieWire: Michael Shannon Joins Benedict Cumberbatch in Thomas Edison Drama ‘The Current War’
- Dark Horizons: Michael Shannon Joins “The Current War”
- The A.V. Club: Great Job, Internet!: Benedict Cumberbatch joins David Gilmour onstage for “Comfortably Numb”
- ScreenRant: Benedict Cumberbatch Interviews Tom Hiddleston About Marvel & More
J.J. Abrams confirms that an adaptation of the beloved video game Portal is still in development, with writers currently hashing out the story.
- Coming Soon: J.J. Abrams Hoping for a Portal Movie Announcement ‘Soon’
- We Got This Covered: Portal Movie Announcement Right Around The Corner, According To J.J. Abrams
- ScreenRant: J.J. Abrams Teases Portal Movie Announcement Soon
- IndieWire: ‘Portal’ Movie: J. J. Abrams Reveals Cult Video Game Adaptation Announcement is Imminent
If you’re hungry for more footage from Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (and if you’re reading this story, we’re guessing you are), you can look forward to a big fat meal in just a few weeks. Disney reportedly plans to unveil the Rogue One final trailer in October, about two months before the film hits theaters in December. Get all the details below. Star Wars News Net has a report from the Kino Expo International in St. Petersburg.
A photo from the Queens set offers a huge hint about how Tony Stark fits into the Spider-Man: Homecoming story.
Director Eli Roth locks in stand-up comedian Mike Epps for his Death Wish remake starring Bruce Willis.
- Dark Horizons: Mike Epps Joins Eli Roth’s “Death Wish” Remake
- Latino Review: Mike Epps Joins Eli Roth’s DEATH WISH Remake
- The A.V. Club: Newswire: Now that Uncle Buck is dead, Mike Epps has a Death Wish
This weekend brings the first episode of the 42nd season of Saturday Night Live, with Suicide Squad star Margot Robbie hosting. This will be the first season without Taran Killam and Jay Pharoah in years, and it will also have two new head writers in control of the night’s sketches, and three new cast members.
Did you like The Jungle Book? Now imagine The Lion King done in a similar way, that’s basically what director Jon Favreau will be working on next. Now before you start kicking and screaming because Disney shouldn’t touch The Lion King, hear me out and you might just change your stance. Disney is a media empire and […] Read Jon Favreau’s Next Project is a New Version of The Lion King on Filmonic.
Horror legend John Carpenter reveals he has 'buried the hatchet' with Rob Zombie over his Halloween remake.
The holidays may seem a long way away still, but Amazon has already started presales for their Limited Edition Box Set for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, which is sure to be on many gift lists this year when it is released in December. Released in theaters this past March, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is the second movie in DC’s new Extended Universe, following on from 2013’s Man of Steel. The film did phenomenally well at the box office, raking in over $870 million in theaters worldwide.
We all know what the critics thought of David Ayer's Suicide Squad, but audiences around the world have clearly been singing a different tune. According to Box Office Mojo, Suicide Squad has now knocked Marvel's first Iron Man film out of the 50th spot of the ranks of 50 highest grossing domestic movies of all time. So far, Deadshot, Harley Quinn, and the rest of the crew have made $318,584,857 domestically and a whopping $731 million worldwide, recently surpassing Captain America: The Winter Soldier on that front.
- We Got This Covered: Box Office Blitz: Suicide Squad Passes Iron Man To Become 50th Highest Grossing Movie Ever Domestically
- Latino Review: SUICIDE SQUAD Ousts IRON MAN To Become One Of The Top 50 Highest-Grossing Films!
- Cinema Blend: Suicide Squad Just Notched Another Box Office Win Over Rival Marvel Studios
Jay Z has signed a two-year overall TV and film deal with The Weinstein Company (TWC). The company announced Thursday that the deal will allow TWC to have have first-look options with the rapper to produce both scripted and unscripted television projects and film projects. TWC and Jay Z, whose real name is Shawn Carter, already have projects in development that will be formally announced in the coming weeks.
A raunchy, rapturous teenage dream, American Honey is indie cinemaâs latest attempt to capture the quicksilver magic of what it means to be young and restless and radically alive on screen. And for the most part it succeeds, gorgeously â though it will probably make anyone over 30 feel...A-
From Jaws to The Exorcist to Jurassic Park, many of the greatest films in history have been based on books. Up until the last few decades, one of the most prolifically adapted authors out there was British crime novelist Agatha Christie, author of acclaimed stories like And Then There Were None and Endless Night. From 1928’s The Passing of Mr. Quinn onward, nearly 40 feature films have been adapted from Christie’s works.
Viacom and CBS stocks’ share prices are both trading up as of noon ET on Thursday, closing out a morning in which parent company National Amusements, Inc. officially called for the two publicly traded corporations to explore a merger. Sumner and Shari Redstone want Viacom and CBS to rewind to pre-2005 — when they spun off from one another — via an all-stock transaction.
- Deadline: National Amusements Urges CBS And Viacom To Consider An All Stock Merger
- Variety: Sumner Redstone’s National Amusements Proposes All-Stock Viacom, CBS Merger
- The Wrap: National Amusements Officially Asks Viacom, CBS to Re-Merge: Read the Letter Here
- Variety: CBS, Viacom Shares Climb on Merger Proposal
STX Entertainment has revealed the new trailer for The Space Between Us, which stars Gary Oldman, Asa Butterfield, Carla Gugino, Britt Robertson, BD Wong, and Janet Montgomery.In this interplanetary adventure, a space shuttle embarks on the first mission to colonize Mars, only to discover after takeoff that one of the astronauts is pregnant. Shortly after landing, she dies from complications while giving birth to the first human born on the red planet – never revealing who the father is.
- Coming Soon: The New Trailer for The Space Between Us
- Dark Horizons: Final Trailer: “The Space Between Us”
- MovieWeb: Space Between Us Trailer #2 Sends Earth's First Martian Back Home
The trailer for Sky Ladder: The Art of Cai Guo-Qiang, directed by Kevin Macdonald (The Last King of Scotland, Touching the Void, Academy Award®-winner One Day in September), was released by Netflix today. Originally acquired by Netflix at Sundance, Sky Ladder: The Art of Cai Guo-Qiang can be seen in select theaters and on Netflix on October 14, 2016 and will have a European premiere next week on October 6 at the London Film Festival.Check out the trailer below.Acclaimed filmmaker Kevin Macdonald has unfettered access to world-renowned artist, Cai Guo-Qiang, whose
Isla Fisher tries to spy on Gal Gadot at Bloomingdales, but it doesn't work out so well in a new clip from Keeping Up With the Joneses.
Mel Gibson is in early negotiations to star in French filmmaker Benjamin Rocher’s indie action adventure “Every Other Weekend,” TheWrap has learned. The story centers on a father who convinces his son he’s an experienced CIA spy, but in reality works in the agency’s IT department.
- Dark Horizons: Mel Gibson Enjoys “Every Other Weekend”
- The A.V. Club: Newswire: Mel Gibson set to play an old spy in Every Other Weekend
It takes more than just putting “esque” after your last name.Continue reading on Film School Rejects »
Teen Wolf star Michael Johnston is a highschool nerd wrapped up in a world of erotic fan fiction in the first trailer for Slash, in theaters this December.
Warner Bros will be holding a free Global Fan Event to promote Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. The event, which is being called, Fantastic Beasts: A Return to J.K.
- Filmonic: A Case Full of Monsters in Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- Film School Rejects: Fantastic Beasts Looks Pretty Beast
Thrills! Chills! Adventure! Filmed in color! The thumbnail for The Adventures of Indiana Jones by Patrick Schoenmaker promises a lot. And the short delivers. Continue reading…
- Coming Soon: Indiana Jones Animated Fan Film Nails the Character
- FirstShowing.net: Must Watch: Fantastic Animated 'Indiana Jones' Adventure Short Film
The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) pushed back a vote on Thursday over a plan to require cable operators to offer their content on devices other than a cable box. The Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA) and the Directors Guild of America (DGA) have voiced their support for the delayed vote, both raising concerns over the rights of television and film creators. The set-top box proposal was pushed back after federal regulators failed to reach a consensus over the exact details of the plan. Also Read: Nielsen Gets Access to Dish Set-Top Box Data in New Deal The aim of the prop
Duncan Jones‘ Mute was one of those projects I have been writing and thinking about for years, which I cynically never expected to come to fruition. Kind of like Quentin Tarantino’s Inglorious Basterds or Terry Gilliam’s The Man Who Killed Don Quixote. I’m so excited that Mute is finally filming and we’ll be able to see the science fiction noir soon. But where will we be able to see it, and who is fronting the movie? Netflix.
Unfortunately, Blair Witch was not quite the hit sequel that Lionsgate was hoping it would be. The film has only pulled in $16.5 million domestically and another $11.5 million internationally. That’s a bummer, because it’s actually quite the scary sequel that expands the mythology of The Blair Witch Project without ruining anything or revealing too much. Now those of you have seen it may be thinking to yourself that the movie does reveal too much about the legend at the core of the horror franchise, mostly because it appears to reveal the titular spirit/monster/whatever.
Tony Jaa's dance card is steadily filling up. Having been recently attached to the Chinese version of The Expendables called Makeshift Squad yesterday we found out he is joining another project. News from our friends over at Film Combat Syndicate is that Jaa will star in a new thriller called Fate. It gets better. The film will be directed by Wilson Yip (SPL, Flash Point, Ip Man), a director whom I feel guided China/HK through the dark times of post golden era HK cinema.
- Dark Horizons: News Bits: Jay-Z, Silver, Heart, Fate, Warcraft
Warner Bros. Pictures has promoted veteran Jeff Goldstein to president of domestic distribution, the studio announced Wednesday. Goldstein will assume all responsibility for the day-to-day oversight of the studio’s domestic distribution activities and work closely with Sue Kroll, president of worldwide marketing and distribution, on longer term strategies. Goldstein previously served as executive vice president and general sales manager of domestic distribution since 2000.
Max Steel is the superhero movie that nobody was clamoring for or even expected, and yet, here it is, coming to the multiplex this October. Unfortunately, the film isn’t getting the kid-friendly PG rating Open Road was hoping for, and has instead been slapped with a hard PG-13. Continue reading…
'Warcraft' was the most ambitious video game adaptation to date, but it still floundered at the domestic box office. Probably for the reasons outlined by Screen Junkies.http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/harpy
- Cinema Blend: Watch Warcraft Get Torn Apart In New Honest Trailer
The unique vehicle known as the 'Baybuster' does a lot of damage on the Transformers 5: The Last Knight set.
Celebrities are hopping on the #nomakeup trend. Alicia Keys made waves when she decided to go sans makeup and now Gwyneth Paltrow is making headlines for going barefaced in her 44th birthday selfie. TheWrap takes a look at other stars who decided to go makeup free. Alicia Keys “Y’all, me choosing to be makeup free doesn’t mean I’m anti-makeup. Do you!” Gwyneth Paltrow “#nomakeup for my 44th birthday, embracing my past and future.
For the past five years, Mindy Kaling has been writing a pretty good role for herself with The Mindy Project.
Marvel Studios origin films typically begin with a hero rising to take down a villain possessing the same abilities they do. Iron Man took on Iron Monger, Captain America battled Red Skull, Ant-Man tangled with Yellowjacket and the list goes on. But that wasn't a symptom of happenstance, it was strategy, as explained by studio President Kevin Feige. "Clearly we will get to that [non-doppelganger match ups]… You want to have characters that inhabit the same world when introducing a new world, a new mythology for lack of a better term.
I think the Golden Age of Television is a term that will soon not be applied to the current state of TV. What seemed like a bastion for original, unique content is quickly going down a route many say movies have gone down, one plagued by reboots, remakes, and “reimaginings”. Don’t believe me? Well then take this one example: THE EXORCIST, LETHAL WEAPON, S.W.A.T., and BEHIND... Read More...
- We Got This Covered: Paramount Revving Up “Noisy, Sexy” Reboot Of The Italian Job
When looking at the mixed critical and audience reaction to the current slate of DC films it's important to remember how far we've come. Check out the embedded video below of the CBS Justice League Of America TV pilot telemovie and revell in all of the poor creative decisions made. It's pretty incredible. For all the wrong reasons. And be sure to subscribe to Mr Sunday's YouTube channel, youtube.com/mrsundaymovies. If you want. No pressure.
- Dark Horizons: “Worst” Renewed At FXX, “Mary” Cut At ABC
Every child of the 80s will remember going to the video store and trying to find a movie to rent. Back before the days of Blu-ray and On Demand, selecting a movie usually meant finding the flick with the coolest box art. Like modern posters, classic VHS art has been lost but thanks to the Internet there are countless reminders of these cool creations. This column will be dedicated to bringing you reminders of... Read More...
- Hollywood Reporter: Man of Action's 'Solstice' Returns With New Cover, New Colors (Exclusive Art)
Thanks to the folk of Sky Atlantic for this Westworld doubling up. And, yes, I was thinking about giving these away. Until… Unboxing A Westworld Promotion – A Tip of The Hat To Sky Atlantic
Following the theatrical release of this past summer’s Marvel Cinematic Universe tentpole movie event Captain America: Civil War, and with the upcoming superhero standalone feature reboot Spider-Man: Homecoming on the way, fans of the New York web-slinger – now played by Tom Holland (The Impossible) – have a lot to be excited about.
- Latino Review: Daniel Radcliffe Would've Been Up For Playing Spider-Man
1. Magnificent Seven, TheGross: $34,703,397Total: $34,703,397
2. StorksGross: $21,311,407Total: $21,311,407
3. SullyGross: $13,537,270Total: $92,100,717
4. Bridget Jones's BabyGross: $4,656,690Total: $16,594,365
5. SnowdenGross: $4,056,229Total: $15,050,455
Opening This Week
Total Likes: --
Today's Likes: --