Top Movie News for September 23, 2014
Star Trek 3 could see the return of William Shatner to the role of James Tiberius Kirk, with the star having reportedly been written into the latest script. According to Badass Digest, Roberto Orci has been desperate to reunite Shatner with the franchise, and has added a scene in which Shatner and Leonard Nimoy appear together as Kirk and Spock. If true, it would be a failry momentous moment, marking the first time the pair have appeared together in a canon Star Trek outing since Star Trek IV back in 1991.
- Coming Soon: Star Trek 3 Could See the Return of William Shatner
- Dark Horizons: William Shatner To Appear In "Star Trek 3"?
- Moviefone: William Shatner Might Be in the Next 'Star Trek' Movie
- Digital Spy: William Shatner to reprise Captain Kirk role in Star Trek 3?
- SlashFilm: Roberto Orci Wants To Reunite William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy In Star Trek 3
- Collider: STAR TREK 3 Might Include William Shatner… If He Decides to Show Up
- FirstShowing.net: William Shatner Has a Cameo in 'Star Trek 3' But He Has to Accept It
- Comic Book Movie: William Shatner Could Make Cameo In STAR TREK 3
- JoBlo: Roberto Orci wants William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy reunited in Star Trek 3
- MovieWeb: 'Star Trek 3' to Reunite William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy?
- Screen Crush: 'Star Trek 3′ Director Wants to Reunite William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy
- IGN Movies: Shatner and Nimoy Back for Star Trek 3?
- Bleeding Cool: Robert Orci Steps Away From Power Rangers For Star Trek
- SlashFilm: Page 2: LotR, BTTF, Doctor Who, Star Wars, Walking Dead, Blacklist, Frozen, Star Trek, Boxtrolls
- ScreenRant: Rumor: ‘Star Trek 3′ Script Features ‘Integral’ Appearance by Old Kirk
Note to filmmakers: If you capture the legendary Alejandro Jodorowsky in conversation with another filmmaker and he turns to the camera to ask you a question, be sure to lead with that. Wisely, that's what first-time filmmaker Liv Corfixen does with her new documentary, My Life Directed By Nicolas Winding Refn. Jodorowsky is speaking with Nicolas Winding Refn, who appears to be seeking the older man's counsel. The veteran director dispenses a nub of wisdom, and then turns his attention to Corfixen, blithely ignoring conventionality.
- IndieWire: Review: 'My Life Directed by Nicolas Winding Refn' Reveals the Sad Story Behind 'Only God Forgives'
- AintItCool: Quint talks about Fantastic Fest shoot-em-ups JOHN WICK and EVERLY!
- AintItCool: Annette Kellerman From Fantastic Fest 2014: JOHN WICK!!
- IndieWire: Isao Takahata's 'The Tale of Princess Kaguya' Takes Top Prize at Fantastic Fest
- Shock Till You Drop: It Follows, Alleluia, The Babadook & Others Score Fantastic Fest Awards
- Deadline: Fantastic Fest: Dark Sky Acquires Irish Horror ‘Let Us Prey’
- Badass Digest: Fantastic Fest Review: DEAD SNOW 2: RED VS DEAD Is The Same, But Different
- Thompson on Hollywood: Watch: Trailer for Studio Ghibli's Fantastic Fest Winner 'Tale of Princess Kaguya'
- Badass Digest: Fantastic Fest Review: CUB Gleefully Slaughters Innocence And It’s Awesome
- Variety: Paul Schrader, Nicolas Refn, Producers Talk ‘Light’ Troubles (Exclusive)
- Badass Digest: Fantastic Fest Review: TOKYO TRIBE Will Never Ever Die
- Twitch: Fantastic Fest 2014 Review: REDEEMER Delivers Awesome MMA-Inspired Action
- SlashFilm: ‘Toyko Tribe’ Review and Trailer: The Best Hip-Hop Gang Musical Ever Made [Fantastic Fest 2014]
- Twitch: Fantastic Fest 2014: Awards Go To IT FOLLOWS, THE TALE OF PRINCESS KAGUYA, ALLELUIA, And More
- The Playlist: Foreign Horror 'Alleluia' & 'The Babadook' Win Big At Fantastic Fest
- Twitch: Fantastic Fest 2014 Review: WASTELANDER PANDA: EXILE Takes Its Anthropomorphic Oddity Very Seriously
- The Playlist: Fantastic Fest: The 5 Best Segments of 'The ABCs of Death 2'
Bryan Singer has been officially confirmed to direct X-Men: Apocalypse, the fourth time he has stepped behind the camera for the popular mutant franchise. It had long been assumed that Singer would be occupying the director’s chair, although nothing had been set in stone until this point. However, the deal has now been locked, and the appointment is official. With X-Men: Days Of Future Past raking in some $700 million worldwide, it should come as little surprise that Fox are keen to repeat the trick, with the next instalment of the series set to land in under two years time.
- Vulture: Bryan Singer Will Direct X-Men: Apocalypse
- Collider: Bryan Singer Officially Directing X-MEN: APOCALYPSE
- Digital Spy: Bryan Singer closes deal to direct X-Men: Apocalypse, Cyclops to appear
- SlashFilm: Bryan Singer Confirmed for ‘X-Men: Apocalypse’, Simon Kinberg Teases Character Details
- ScreenRant: Bryan Singer Confirmed To Direct ‘X-Men: Apocalypse’
- HitFix: Bryan Singer closes deal to direct 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
- Coming Soon: Bryan Singer Confirmed to Direct X-Men: Apocalypse
- JoBlo: Bryan Singer confirmed to direct X-Men: Apocalypse plus returning characters
- MovieWeb: Bryan Singer Confirmed to Direct 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
- FirstShowing.net: Bryan Singer to Direct 'X-Men: Apocalypse,' But with Which Mutants?
- IGN Movies: Bryan Singer Back for X-Men: Apocalypse
- Bleeding Cool: Bryan Singer Signs On For X-Men: Apocalypse
- MovieWeb: 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Will Recast Storm, Jean Grey and Cyclops
- IGN Movies: X-Men: Apocalypse May Recast Storm, Jean, Cyclops
Detectives Gordon and Bullock investigate a child trafficking ring preying on Gotham's street kids, including Selina Kyle (Camren Bicondova). Meanwhile, Penguin (Robin Lord Taylor) resurfaces in the countryside and begins to make his way back to GOTHAM, leaving victims in his wake in the all-new "Selina Kyle" episode of GOTHAM airing Monday, Sept. 29 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. Based upon characters published by DC Entertainment and produced by Warner Bros.
- Dark Horizons: Producer Talks Potential "Gotham" Crossovers
- AintItCool: AICN COMICS PODCAST reviews DEADPOOL! George Perez’s SIRENS! GOTHAM CENTRAL! & More!
- We Got This Covered: Gotham Series Premiere Review: “Pilot” (Season 1, Episode 1)
- Vulture: Gotham Recap: Holy Prequels, Batman!
- Variety: CBS’ ‘Scorpion,’ Fox’s ‘Gotham’ Shine on Busy Opening Night of TV Season
- Rotten Tomatoes: News: Watch: Teaser for Next Week's Gotham
- Vulture: Here’s Your Gotham Drinking Game: Donal Logue Edition
- Rotten Tomatoes: News: Review Roundup: Gotham, Scorpion, Madam Secretary
- Comic Book Movie: POLL: How Would You Rate The Series Premiere Of GOTHAM?
- Film School Rejects: ‘Gotham’ Recap: Just Who Is Harvey Bullock, Anyway?
- Comic Book Movie: Who Needs BATMAN? GOTHAM Debuts With Strong Ratings
- Comic Book Movie: REVIEW: GOTHAM Episode 1: "Pilot"
- SlashFilm: Fox’s Batman Prequel ‘Gotham’ Has a Serious Case of Prequel-itis [TV Review]
Will be released in theaters February 13, 2015 THE SECRET SERVICE - Based upon the acclaimed comic book and directed by Matthew Vaughn (Kick Ass, X-Men First Class), Kingsman: The Secret Service tells the story of a super-secret spy organization that recruits an unrefined but promising street kid into the agency’s ultra-competitive training program just as a global threat emerges from a twisted tech genius.
- Deadline: ‘Kingsman: The Secret Service': Hot Trailer
- AintItCool: "Manners maketh the man." More asskickery in this 2nd KINGSMAN: THE SECRET SERVICE trailer!
- Mania: Kingsman: The Secret Service Trailer #2
- We Got This Covered: New Trailer For Kingsman: The Secret Service
- FirstShowing.net: Second Trailer for Matthew Vaughn's 'Kingsman: The Secret Service'
- Coming Soon: Kingsman: The Secret Service Debuts a New Trailer!
- Empire Magazine: New Trailer For Kingsman: The Secret Service
- SlashFilm: ‘Kingsman: The Secret Service’ Trailer: The Most Dangerous Job Interview in the World
- Screen Crush: 'Kingsman: The Secret Service' Trailer: Never Forget That "Manners Maketh Man"
- Bleeding Cool: Kingsman: Secret Service Trailer Hits The Web
Christopher Nolan's hotly anticipated sci-fi adventure Interstellar has landed on the cover of the November issue of Empire, giving us an up-close and personal look at Matthew McConaughey's space pilot Cooper. Check it out below!
- The Playlist: Chilly New Banner For Christopher Nolan's 'Interstellar' Explores A Cold New World
- Comic Book Movie: Yet Another Poster For Christopher Nolan's INTERSTELLAR
- MovieWeb: McConaughey Suits Up for 'Interstellar' Empire Magazine Cover
- Empire Magazine: Empire's Interstellar Cover Has Arrived
- Comic Book Movie: INTERSTELLAR: Get Up Close With Matthew McConaughey On Empire's Newsstand Cover
- Collider: INTERSTELLAR Empire Covers Featuring Matthew McConaughey
- We Got This Covered: Frosty Banner Poster For Interstellar Goes Where No Man Has Gone Before
- MovieWeb: 'Interstellar' Poster Takes McConaughey to a Frozen Planet
HBO The Thicket is the adaptation of a crime thriller by the same name from Joe Lansdale, and while it is infinitely badass that Peter Dinklage has, per The Hollywood Reporter, signed on to star as a bounty hunter in the film, it’s just a bit too expected that he’ll be portraying a character named Shorty. Stay close to the source material, of course. But is it possible to take a noted and respected and at times terrifying actor (in the greats of ways) and not condescend to his height. Shorty?
- Vulture: Peter Dinklage Will Play a Bounty Hunter
- Deadline: Peter Dinklage Set For ‘The Thicket'; John Magaro Joins ‘The Finest Hours'; Celebrity Death Pool Pic Adds 6 To Cast
- Digital Spy: Game of Thrones' Peter Dinklage signs on to star in The Thicket
- Dread Central: Peter Dinklage to Star in and Produce The Thicket
- MovieWeb: 'Game of Thrones' Star Peter Dinklage Joins 'The Thicket'
- JoBlo: Peter Dinklage will lead violent western The Thicket
- Twitch: Peter Dinklage To Star In Adaptation Of Joe R Lansdale's THE THICKET
- FirstShowing.net: 'Game of Thrones' Star Peter Dinklage Set to Lead Thriller 'The Thicket'
If you've seen Liam Neeson kicking asses in Taken and the sequel Taken 2, then you can probably already guess what he looks like in the forthcoming Taken 3. Regardless, we have a few first look photos from the latest installment of the surprise hit action franchise. However, it sounds like the plot has steered away from what the title actually means as this time it's Neeson's character Mills who is on the run after he's framed for the murder of someone close to him. But these first look photos don't show much ass-kicking or even gun-wielding.
- Coming Soon: The First Photos from Taken 3, Starring Liam Neeson
- JoBlo: First Taken 3 images featuring Liam Neeson & others, plus plot details
- The Playlist: First Look: Liam Neeson In 'Taken 3,' Says "This Is The End" Of The Series
- ScreenRant: ‘Taken 3′ Images & Plot Details: Liam Neeson Must Clear His Name
- Screen Crush: 'Taken 3′ First Look: "This Time, No More Traveling," Says Liam Neeson
- MovieWeb: 'Taken 3' Photos and Plot Details: Liam Neeson Goes on the Run
- SlashFilm: First Look: Liam Neeson Goes On the Run in ‘Taken 3′ AKA ‘Tak3n’
Director Steven Soderbergh (OCEAN'S 11, TRAFFIC) has stepped down from directing feature-films for theaters, but the man stays as busy as ever while overseeing The Knick on Cinemax, as well as handling cinematography duties on MAGIC MIKE XXL. For those unaware, he also contributes to a blog entitled Extension 765. Chock full of interesting insight and information, Soderbergh recently took to his... Read More...
- IndieWire: Watch: What Retirement? Steven Soderbergh Remixes 'Raiders of the Lost Ark'
- FirstShowing.net: Steven Soderbergh Cut Silent, B&W Version of 'Raiders of the Lost Ark'
- SlashFilm: Watch Steven Soderbergh’s Silent B&W Version of ‘Raiders of the Lost Ark’
- Entertainment Weekly: Film School 101: Prof. Soderbergh examines ‘Raiders of the Lost Ark’
- Thompson on Hollywood: Review: 'The Knick,' Steven Soderbergh's Master Class in Historical Fiction
- Vulture: Steven Soderbergh Took the Sound and Color Out of Indiana Jones
- Deadline: Riley Keough To Topline Steven Soderbergh’s ‘The Girlfriend Experience’ On Starz
Breaking Bad star Bryan Cranston is in early talks to join the cast of Legendary East's The Great Wall, just two days after we reported that Matt Damon is also circling the project.The movie has been in the works for several years, with Edward Zwick once set to direct and Henry Cavill and Benjamin Walker set to star. The project fell apart after Edward Zwick dropped out in September 2012, but it was revitalized once again in March when Chinese filmmaker Yimou Zhang signed on to direct.No details have been given for Matt Damon and Bryan Cranston's characters.
- Coming Soon: Bryan Cranston Targets The Great Wall Opposite Matt Damon
- IGN Movies: Matt Damon, Bryan Cranston May Scale Great Wall
- The Wrap: Bryan Cranston, Matt Damon in Early Talks to Star in China-Set Movie ‘The Great Wall’
- SlashFilm: Matt Damon and Bryan Cranston May Join Legendary Pictures’ ‘The Great Wall’
- Digital Spy: Breaking Bad's Bryan Cranston enters The Great Wall talks
- Empire Magazine: Bryan Cranston In Early Talks For The Great Wall
'Tale of Princess Kaguya' wowed Japanese audiences and at festivals across the globe. Now it's arriving to American shores with a recognizable voice cast.http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/in-contention
- Entertainment Weekly: ‘Princess Kaguya’ trailer shows off impressionistic art style from Studio Ghibli
- SlashFilm: ‘The Tale of Princess Kaguya’ U.S. Trailer: Studio Ghibli Spins a Gorgeous Fairy Tale
- The Playlist: Watch: New Trailer For Studio Ghibli's 'The Tale Of Princess Kaguya' Featuring The Voice Of Chloe Grace Moretz
- Digital Spy: Chloë Moretz speaks in Ghibli's The Tale of Princess Kaguya trailer
- Badass Digest: Get Weepy Over This THE TALE OF PRINCESS KAGUYA Trailer
- FirstShowing.net: English-Dubbed Release of 'The Tale of Princess Kaguya' Full Trailer
He's on for the supernatural thrillerAaron Paul hasn’t exactly enjoyed the greatest cinematic year, what with the double disappointment of Need For Speed and A Long Way Down. But he has plenty of interesting projects coming up and has just signed on for supernatural thriller The 9th Life Of Louis Drax.Adapted by Max Minghella from Liz Jensen’s novel, the story starts on the titular lad’s ninth birthday, when, following a lifetime of strange accidents, he suffers a fall that nearly ends his life.
- Variety: Aaron Paul Joins Jamie Dornan in Miramax’s ‘The 9th Life of Louis Drax’
- Deadline: Aaron Paul Joins ‘The 9th Life Of Louis Drax’
- Hollywood Reporter: Aaron Paul to Co-Star in Miramax's Supernatural Thriller '9th Life of Louis Drax'
- The Wrap: Aaron Paul Joins Jamie Dornan in Miramax's ‘The 9th Life of Louis Drax’
- Coming Soon: Aaron Paul Boards The 9th Life of Louis Drax
- Shock Till You Drop: Aaron Paul to Star in Alex Aja’s Next Film & Another Actor Heads into ‘The Cellar’
The latest trailer has arrived online for Kingsman: The Secret Service, in which Colin Firth stars as a super-spy who sees potential in Taron Edgerton’s teen tearaway. Recruiting him into the titular Kingsman programme, Firth teaches our young hero a thing or two about badassery, training him up to counter the threat posed by a techno terrorist. Best thing about the new trailer? An extended sequence in which Firth uses his armoury of gadgets to clean house in a gritty London pub.
- Hollywood Reporter: Colin Firth Knocks Out People's Teeth in New 'Kingsman: The Secret Service' Trailer
- Digital Spy: Colin Firth teaches manners in new Kingsman: The Secret Service trailer
- Moviefone: Colin Firth Teaches a Lesson in New 'Kingsman: The Secret Service' Trailer
- The Playlist: Watch: New Trailer For ‘Kingsman: Secret Service’ Starring Colin Firth, Samuel L. Jackson & Taron Egerton Star
- The Wrap: Colin Firth Trains Future Super-Spies in New ‘Kingsman: The Secret Service’ Trailer
- MovieWeb: Second 'Kingsman: The Secret Service' Trailer with Colin Firth
While it was thought that the cast of Quentin Tarantino's upcoming Western The Hateful Eight will be made up of those actors who participated in his live stage reading of the screenplay, more actors have since been rumored for the movie. Earlier this summer, it was reported that the acclaimed director was targeting Oscar winner Jennifer Lawrence for an unknown role.
- JoBlo: Is Viggo Mortensen up for a role in Quentin Tarantino's The Hateful Eight?
- FirstShowing.net: Viggo Mortensen Rumored for Role in Tarantino's 'The Hateful Eight'
- The Playlist: Rumor: Quentin Tarantino Wants Viggo Mortensen For Role In 'The Hateful Eight'
- ScreenRant: Rumor: Quentin Tarantino Eyes Viggo Mortensen for ‘Hateful Eight’
- We Got This Covered: Is Viggo Mortensen In The Mix For The Hateful Eight?
'Mad Men' is almost over, but Elisabeth Moss is just getting started. Next up: A 'Rathergate' drama with two major Hollywood players.http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/in-contention
- MovieWeb: 'Mad Men' Star Elisabeth Moss Joins Robert Redford in 'Truth'
- Deadline: Elisabeth Moss Joins Cast Of ‘Truth’, Pic Based On Rathergate Scandal
- Variety: How ‘Scandal’ Paved the Way for ABC’s Twitter-Based ‘#TGIT’ Marketing Strategy
- Vulture: The 50 Craziest Moments on Scandal So Far
- The Wrap: ‘Scandal’ Star Scott Foley's Directorial Debut Acquired by Tribeca, Well Go USA
With the first day of Autumn upon us, director Colin Trevorrow took to Twitter to share a picture of the oncoming season. Closer inspection, however, reveals a sign buried under some leaves that may look a little familiar to hardcore JP fans. Autumn. pic.twitter.com/rbWVJHDtmy Colin Trevorrow (@colintrevorrow) September 22, 2014 Undoubtedly, this would be the sign that did Dennis Nedry zero favors... Read More...
- Dread Central: Jurassic World – Colin Trevorrow Follows the Signs
- SlashFilm: Jurassic World Photo Teases East Dock Road Sign From Jurassic Park
- FirstShowing.net: Familiar 'Jurassic Park' Location Teased in 'Jurassic World' Set Photo
- MovieWeb: 'Jurassic World' Photo Revisits Iconic 'Jurassic Park' Scene
Hulu will produce a show based on the time travel taleHe is rather busy making the new entry in the Star Wars franchise, but if J.J. Abrams has proved anything, it’s that he knows how to multi-task. With the help of his Bad Robot team, he’ll be shepherding a series based on Stephen King’s time-travelling, JFK-focused novel 11/22/64 to the online streaming channel Hulu.King’s book, which hit shelves in 2011, follows 35 year-old high school English teacher Jake Epping, who becomes obsessed with John F.
- JoBlo: J.J. Abrams to produce Stephen King's 11/22/63 as a Hulu series
- Badass Digest: Stephen King And JJ Abrams Are Making 11/22/63 A Mini-Series
- The Playlist: TV Dial: Hulu Orders J.J. Abrams' '11/22/63' Event Series, Jim Sheridan's 'In America' Becomes HBO Show And More
- Deadline: J.J. Abrams To Receive VES Society’s Visionary Award
First off, I enjoyed Maze Runner the movie quite a bit. It’s got a great pace, stunning visuals and strong performances all-around, but there are some significant differences between the book and the film and, simply put, the book does it better.
- The Wrap: With ‘Maze Runner’ Score, Fox Blows Up Movie Release Calendar
- Bleeding Cool: Maze Runner Opens With $32.5 Million And Gets Sequel
- Film School Rejects: 10 Questions From ‘The Maze Runner’ That Need to Be Answered in ‘The Scorch Trials’
- Collider: THE COLLISION: Episode 104 – THE MAZE RUNNER
- HitFix: 'Maze Runner' sequel, 'The Scorch Trials,' due out September 2015
Since his great turn in Inside Llewyn Davis, Oscar Isaac has seen his Hollywood profile raised considerably. He's received critical acclaim for his work in the likes of the Two Faces of January and the upcoming A Most Violent Year, but the role everyone is most excited about is whoever the heck he'll be playing in J.J. Abrams' currently shooting Star Wars flick.
- SlashFilm: Oscar Isaac Talks Star Wars Episode 7 Stormtroopers, Cast, Leaks and Energy
- Entertainment Weekly: Oscar Isaac talks Patricia Highsmith thriller and ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’
- ScreenRant: ‘Star Wars: Episode 7′: More Set Photos; Ice Planet Confirmed?
- ScreenRant: SR Geek Picks: Yin-Yang ‘Star Wars,’ Danny Elfman Reads ‘Nightmare Before Christmas,’ & More!
The butt of many jokes at the beginning of 2013, "Hansel And Gretel: Witch Hunters" had the last laugh, earning over $225 million worldwide (thank you, international audiences) and spawning development on a sequel. And writer/director Tommy Wirkola (whose "Dead Snow 2: Red Vs. Dead" just took home a couple of awards at Fantastic Fest) has just provided a update on the status of that sequel. “I’ve written the script for it. I’ve given it to Paramount and it’s up to them now," he told Shock Til You Drop. "But I don’t know what’s going to happen.
- Shock Till You Drop: Jeremy Renner Responds to Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters 2 News
- Coming Soon: Jeremy Renner Responds to Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters 2 News
- MovieWeb: Jeremy Renner Talks 'Hansel &amp; Gretel 2' Return; Will It Happen?
- Dark Horizons: Renner On "Hansel" Sequel Chances
Vin Diesel has revealed a pair of new images from The Last Witch Hunter, showcasing a strikingly hirsute new look for the normally shaven-headed star. The new shots show Diesel sporting a hugely bushy beard, while also rocking a sort-of-mohawk atop his usually shiny bonce. Strong, strong look… The new film will see Diesel star as Kaulder, a centuries-old witch hunter charged with stopping a modern-day coven from unleashing a terrible plague upon humanity.
- Digital Spy: Vin Diesel reveals Last Witch Hunter beard
- We Got This Covered: Vin Diesel Sports A Terrifying Beard In The Last Witch Hunter Pics
- Comic Book Movie: Vin Diesel's Grootesque Beard In New Images From THE LAST WITCH HUNTER Set
- Coming Soon: Vin Diesel Shares New Fast & Furious 7 Images
Just one day after Colin Farrell confirmed his casting, HBO has gone and made it official while revealing the first details on the hotly anticipated second season of "True Detective." Joining Farrell will be the long rumored Vince Vaughn, with the official logline revealing the basic outline of the story: Three police officers and a career criminal must navigate a web of conspiracy in the aftermath of a murder. As for the characters they'll be playing, Farrell will take the role of Ray Velcoro, a compromised detective whose allegiances are torn between his masters in a co
- IndieWire: Vince Vaughn Confirmed for 'True Detective' Season 2; Justin Lin to Direct Two Episodes
- Deadline: ‘True Detective': Colin Farrell, Vince Vaughn Confirmed As Season 2 Stars & Justin Lin As Director By HBO
- Variety: ‘True Detective': HBO Confirms Colin Farrell, Vince Vaughn to Star in Season 2
- Moviefone: Vince Vaughn and Colin Farrell Confirmed for 'True Detective' Season 2
Following the success of their sequel Sharknado 2: The Second One this summer, Syfy has announced their next original movie, entitled Lavalantula, which will bring together original Police Academy stars Steve Guttenberg, Leslie Easterbrook and Michael Winslow.
- Dark Horizons: "Police Academy" Stars To Fight "Lavalantula"
- Shock Till You Drop: Big Ass Spider Director to Now Unleash the Lavalantula
- Horror-Movies.ca: Brace Yourselves for the Lavalantula!
For some, appearing on the cover of Rolling Stone is a career pinnacle, a childhood fantasy attained.
Black Panther has been in development for quite some time at Marvel, and while casting hasn't officially started yet, a number of actors have expressed interest in the title role recently, including John Boyega, Chadwick Boseman and Djimon Hounsou. Now another actor has thrown his hat in the ring for the role, Boardwalk Empire's Michael K. Williams.While doing press for Kill the Messenger, the actor revealed he hopes to join the Marvel family, although he hasn't had any discussions with the studio yet."No not yet. And I'm saying 'yet' with a lot of emphasis.
It would not be an overstatement that Sir Ben Kingsley is one of the greatest actors working today. The Academy Award winning thespian has given legendary performances in such work as GANDHI, SCHINDLER’S LIST and SEXY BEAST to name a few. He even caused quite a stir with his performance in IRON MAN 3. This shockingly talented fellow works constantly and always surprises audiences with many of his... Read More...
The Boardwalk Empire star will play SSR Chief Roger DooleyHe’s spent the last few years interspersing film roles with a regular role on Boardwalk Empire. But though the prohibition-era HBO drama is wrapping up its final season, Shea Whigham won’t be without a TV home for too long. He’s signed on for a lead role on Marvel’s Agent Carter.With Hayley Atwell returning as Peggy Carter herself, Agent Carter will track the character as she deals with post-war America in 1946.
- Dark Horizons: Shea Whigham Is "Agent Carter" Boss
- Comic Book Movie: Shea Whigham Lands Male Lead In Marvel's AGENT CARTER
- IGN Movies: Boardwalk Empire Star Joins Marvel's Agent Carter
Thanks to MTV News, we have a glimpse inside the second volume of The Walking Dead: The Poster Collection. More can be found by clicking on the link below to visit the site, but for now, check out the few we have here below along with the synopsis for the upcoming fifth season. Season Four of The Walking Dead ended with Rick and the group outgunned, outnumbered, and trapped in a train car awaiting a grim fate. Season Five picks up shortly thereafter.
Broad Green Pictures has acquired North American distribution rights to director Mia Hansen-Løve's “Eden,” which recently made its world premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival, the company announced Tuesday. BGP plans to release the film in Spring 2015.
ICHABOD AND ABBIE TRY TO GET A "HEAD" OF THE COMPETITION ON AN ALL-NEW "SLEEPY HOLLOW" MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 29, ON FOX Ichabod Crane and Lt. Abbie Mills concoct a daring plan to try to rescue Ichabod's wife, Katrina, from the Headless Horseman by resurrecting a Frankenstein-like monster created by Benjamin Franklin.
John Travolta, Kate Bosworth and Devon Sawa have signed on to star in the Marro Films and Elite Film Productions' Life on the Line.The plot centers on a crew of electrical lineman, who work high above the ground to fix the electrical grid and struggle to maintain their relationships with the women they love. Their lives are put in immediate danger when a storm tears through the area.David Hackl (Saw V) is directing from a screenplay by Primo Brown, Dylan Scott and Peter Horton.
The season 2 premiere for Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., entitled "Shadows", finds Coulson and his team as wanted fugitives with limited resources, but that's not stopping them from keeping the world safe from powerful and unseen threats everywhere. However, with new members they hardly know, will S.H.I.E.L.D. ever be trusted again? Watch Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. at its new time, TONIGHT (Tuesday, September 23) from 9:00-10:00 p.m. ET on the ABC Television Network. Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
When The Wire first aired, basically everyone on it was a fresh face. Fast forward a decade and watching it is like watching an All Star Game. Several actors from the classic David Simon TV show broke out to become house hold names: Michael B. Jordan, Idris Elba, Lance Reddick and more. Michael K. Williams has also continued to break out.
In this age of binge-ready TV series, where hardcore fans can easily finish a season in 12 hours and then share details via social media before the rest of the world gets out of bed, the question of spoiler etiquette is pertinent. Is there even a place for spoiler etiquette in today’s world? Should the burden be on the spoilee to sensorily deprive themselves if it means that much to them? Has TV gotten so good that spoilers are oftentimes beside the point? Apparently, Netflix has been mulling this perplex over, and has surveyed viewers as such.
The common phrase of "15 minutes of fame" has become increasingly less relevant as the dawn of the internet and reality television has made the window for celebrity idolatry even smaller. One such actor whose time in the spotlight came and went was Pauly Shore. After hitting it big in the 90s with comedies like Encino Man, Son-in-Law, In the Army Now and more, Shore lost all that fame and glory. But Shore is still a stand-up comic at heart, growing up around icons like Sam Kinison and sharing the fame of The Comedy Store, founded by his mother Mitzi Shore.
Following the director's franchise-launching Divergent earlier this year, Deadline is reporting that Neil Burger has targeted a big screen adaptation of All the Old Knives, the upcoming thriller by Olen Steinhauer. Set for publication in 2015, the novel is officially described as follows:
Whiplash director takes one small step towards Neil Armstrong biopicWith his directorial debut, jazz drumming drama Whiplash scoring critical and festival kudos, Damien Chazelle is currently mulling his follow-up project. He’s already developing a musical film called La La Land for Whiplash’s Miles Teller and Emma Watson, but is also considering a very different pic, entering talks to direct First Man for Universal.The biopic, which Josh Singer is looking to adapt, is based on the book First Man: The Life Of Neil A. Armstrong by James Hansen.
Tommy Pallotta and Femke Wolting’s Last Hijack is due to screen at the New York Film Festival on Sunday, September 28th and it’s bound to be a very unique piece of cinema.
If you were there, you'll knowThough it has been covered well in documentaries and books, there hasn’t been a film that specifically targeted the musical movement of Northern Soul that swept the north of England in the 1970s. Elaine Constantine’s film aims to change that, and the trailer is now online.Northern Soul follows John Clarke (Elliot James Langridge) and his friends, who dream of cornering the market for this exploding musical style in their small town.
Following the big announcement last week that Deadpool has finally been taken out of development hell and given a February 12, 2016, release date, the latest buzz surrounding the Merc with a Mouth adaptation has questioned whether or not director Tim Miller will be constrained by a PG-13 rating like all the X-Men movies. This sort of thing is usually determined when actual footage exists, but a report surfaced recently suggesting that Fox is indeed giving the Ryan Reynolds-starrer a PG-13 rating, as opposed to the much-desired R.
- MovieWeb: 'Deadpool' Rating Not Yet Determined
- Comic Book Movie: COMICS: Come See DEADPOOL Invade Classic Marvel Covers
- Comic Book Movie: COMICS: Is No One Safe? Marvel Continue To Tease Plans To Kill Off DEADPOOL
Dean O'Gorman, who stars in The Hobbit trilogy as the dwarf Fili, has signed on to portray legendary Hollywood actor Kirk Douglas in the upcoming biopic Trumbo.Bryan Cranston is starring as Dalton Trumbo, who was one of the highest-paid screenwriters in town during the 1940s and early 1950s.
- Dark Horizons: Dean O'Gorman Is Kirk Douglas In "Trumbo"
Because of his Star Trek 3 obligations, Roberto Orci has removed himself from Lionsgate's Power Rangers reboot and will no longer exec produce the movie, according to Deadline. Even without Orci's involvement, the new Power Rangers pic is still moving forward toward its July 22, 2016 release. read more
This week: The summer's much-needed Neighbors, sci-fi mind games with The Signal, and three separate horror franchises all release complete sets. ► What makes NEIGHBORS this year’s best comedy? Seth Rogan’s on his game, certainly. Zac Efron basically saves his career. Even the ‘other’ Franco, Dave,... Read More...
ComingSoon.net talks with actress Imogen Poots (Need for Speed) about her role as Linda Keith, who was pivotal in the discovery of legendary rock guitarist Jimi Hendrix, in John Ridley's new film Jimi: All Is By My Side, which is released in select cities and on VOD on Friday, September 26.
"Powers," an edgy dramatic series from Sony Pictures Television and inspired by the graphic novel series of the same name, follows the lives of two homicide detectives, Christian Walker (Copley) and Deena Pilgrim (Heyward), who are assigned to investigate cases involving people with extraordinary abilities, referred to as “Powers.” Set amidst today’s paparazzi culture, Powers asks the questions, what if the world was full of superheroes who aren’t actually heroic at all?
- Dark Horizons: Sony Unveils New "Powers" Photos
Amazon’s Gold Box Deal of the Week is the John Wayne: The Epic Collection on DVD which comes with an Amazon Exclusive “Duke” Belt Buckle.
- We Got This Covered: Watch The Trailer For John Woo’s Epic Romance The Crossing
FX has released 11 new images from American Horror Story: Freak Show featuring most of the main cast members, including Angela Bassett as Desiree "The Three-Breasted Woman" Dupree (I know that one got your attention), Evan Peters as Jimmy "Lobster Boy" Darling, Michael Chiklis as strongman Dell Toledo, and Sarah Paulson as conjoined sisters Bette and Dot. There's... Read More...
- Dark Horizons: "Freak Show" Artwork, Clown Is "Too Scary"?
Marvel's Agents of SHIELD returns for its second season this Tuesday, September 23rd, with the action-packed episode, "Shadows" - which features Lucy Lawless guest starring as SHIELD field operative Isabelle "Izzy" Hartley. Agents of SHIELD: Why We're Excited for Season 2 But after everything that happened to Coulson's team, and SHIELD in general, last season, can she be trusted? I had the chance to talk to Lawless about her role, her character's loyalties, and why it means so much to her to officially join the Marvel universe. Continue reading…
To mark the 15th anniversary of her Oscar-winning performance in “Boys Don't Cry,” Outfest will honor Hilary Swank with another accolade.
Toei Company It’s always exciting when Takashi Miike releases a new movie — something that happens approximately 19 times per year. The guy is a workhorse who steps up to the plate often and strikes out a lot, but when he connects the impact sends you flying past the parking lot.
- Dread Central: Over Your Dead Body (2014)
We've seen college course offerings focus on the 'Harry Potter' universe, comic books, and even one specifically for 'The Walking Dead,' but now it's Marvel's turn to educate younglings about the intricacies of their Cinematic Universe. Continue reading…
The Flash has gotten an additional three script order from the CW two weeks before it’s debut. Originally given a 13 episode order, the network bumped it up another three which is similar to what it did last year with their three new series: Reign, The Tomorrow People and The Originals. All three of those series got the final nine order later on to make the usual 22 episode season.
- Comic Book Movie: The CW Orders More Scripts For THE FLASH Ahead Of Series Premiere
Cinedigm has today revealed a new clip from Nacho Vigalondos latest thriller, Open Windows, starring Elijah Wood and Sasha Grey. Check it out in the player below to witness the film's unique approach to visual storytelling!
If there has been one consistently brilliant part of David Fincher's recent films, it is the musical contributions of Academy Award winning composers Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross. Between THE SOCIAL NETWORK and THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO, Reznor and Ross have created some of the most ethereal and haunting musical scores in recent memory, scores vastly different than anything else in studio films. We will be... Read More...
Conservative author and filmmaker Dinesh D'Souza was sentenced on Tuesday to eight months in a community confinement center during five years of probation after pleading guilty to a campaign finance law violation. The defendant, whose documentary ”2016: Obama's America” was a breakout box-office hit in 2012, was sentenced by U.S. District Judge Richard Berman in Manhattan.
The Better Angels is a “young Abraham Lincoln” story seen through the eye of director Terrence Malick. Or, in actuality, seen through the eye of Malick’s associate A.J. Edwards, here making his directorial debut with a feature that employs Malick’s visual hallmarks. Braydon Denney plays young Abe, while Brit Marling, Jason Clarke, Diane Kruger and Wes Bentley round out the cast to explore the story of the President’s formative years. See the new The Better Angels trailer below. The Better Angels opens on November 7.
- FirstShowing.net: Watch: Abraham Lincoln's Younger Years in 'The Better Angels' Trailer
The wheels are beginning to turn on Oliver Stone’s forthcoming biopic of NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden, with Joseph Gordon-Levitt apparently in the frame for the lead role. According to Variety, Stone has earmarked Gordon-Levitt as the perfect candidate to play Snowden, and has gone as far as to officially offer him the part. The report goes on to stress that the offer has not been accepted at this stage, but does say that Gordon-Levitt has entered negotiations to join the film, entitled The Snowden Files.
Gross: $32,512,804Total: $32,512,804
Gross: $12,758,780Total: $12,758,780
Gross: $11,558,149Total: $11,558,149
4. No Good DeedGross: $9,794,188Total: $39,702,240
Gross: $8,868,076Total: $26,932,970