Top Movie News for October 23, 2016
We are so very close to Doctor Strange now. The film is just around the corner, and we are about to see the mystic world being introduced into the MCU. However, as with every Marvel film, there is one eye already to the future. Speaking to Comicbook, Benedict Cumberbatch talked about the character’s role in Phase 4, and how he will become part of the larger MCU. There’s a lot going on [in] this story [Doctor Strange] that will lead you to understand why he’ll play a key role in the next phase.
- Cinema Blend: Benedict Cumberbatch Teases Doctor Strange’s Phase Four Role
- ScreenRant: Benedict Cumberbatch Teases Doctor Strange’s ‘Key Role’ in Phase 4
- Bleeding Cool: Scott Derrickson Talks Doctor Strange, Steve Ditko And Benedict Cumberbatch
- Bleeding Cool: Benedict Cumberbatch Talks Doctor Strange And How The Humor Humanizes The Fantastical
- Comic Book Movie: Another DOCTOR STRANGE Cast Member Has Joined Benedict Cumberbatch In AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR
- The Wrap: ‘Doctor Strange’ Review: Benedict Cumberbatch Brings a Little Magic to the Marvel Universe
- We Got This Covered: Doctor Strange Star Benedict Wong Has A Role In Avengers: Infinity War
- Bleeding Cool: Doctor Strange’s Other Benedict – Benedict Wong Talks About Doing It For The Ancestors
- ScreenRant: Doctor Strange’s Benedict Wong Confirmed for Avengers: Infinity War
- MovieWeb: Avengers: Infinity War Will Bring Back Doctor Strange Star Benedict Wong
- Screen Crush: 'Doctor Strange' Star Benedict Wong Joins 'Avengers: Infinity War'
- Cinema Blend: The Avengers: Infinity War Has Added Another Doctor Strange Star
- Cinema Blend: One Doctor Strange Actor Wants Their Own Spinoff
- Variety: Film Review: ‘Doctor Strange’
- IGN Movies: Doctor Strange Review
- USA Today: Review: 'Doctor Strange' casts marvelous mojo
- IndieWire: ‘Doctor Strange’ Review: Marvel’s Mind-Bending New Superhero Movie Is Their Best Since ‘The Avengers’
- Vulture: Benedict Cumberbatch and Solange Will Combine Forces on SNL November 5
- Variety: Early ‘Doctor Strange’ Reviews: What the Critics Are Saying
- SlashFilm: LOL: Jimmy Kimmel Hires Doctor Strange For a Kid’s Birthday Party
- ScreenRant: Doctor Strange Clip Showcases Inception-Like Magic Martial Arts
- ScreenRant: Mads Mikkelsen Thinks Doctor Strange Villain Is A ‘Hero’
- ScreenRant: Doctor Strange: Tilda Swinton Interested in Ancient One Spinoff
- Bleeding Cool: Kevin Feige Talks About Going Into A New Realm With Doctor Strange
- Bleeding Cool: Doctor Strange’s Wong Will Be In Avengers: Infinity War
- SlashFilm: Another ‘Doctor Strange’ Character Confirmed To Return For ‘Infinity War
- The Wrap: ‘Doctor Strange’ Reaction: One Of Marvel’s Best Origin Movies (Video)
- Screen Crush: 'Doctor Strange' Review: Marvel's Familiar Formula With Some Really Cool Visuals
- Comic Book Movie: First Wave Of Reviews For DOCTOR STRANGE Hit The Web
- ScreenRant: First Doctor Strange Reviews Are Mostly Positive
- Comic Book Movie: REVIEW: DOCTOR STRANGE Is Another Win For Marvel, But It Could've Done With An Extra Dose Of Weirdness
Even if you do live under a rock, you probably still heard the news on Friday that Donald Glover would be joining the Star Wars Han Solo prequel movie as dapper smuggler Lando Calrissian. Since the news broke, fans have speculated as to how the two characters would come together in the story. Would Lucasfilm focus on the earlier days of Han Solo’s smuggling career and the friendship between the two men? Or would it get right to the heart of the matter and show Han Solo winning the Millennium Falcon from his friend? Continue reading…
- Badass Digest: Donald Glover Is Your Lando Calrissian In Han Solo STAR WARS Spinoff
- SlashFilm: ‘Han Solo’: Donald Glover Officially Cast as Lando Calrissian in ‘Star Wars’ Spinoff
- The Wrap: Donald Glover to Play Lando Calrissian in Young Han Solo ‘Star Wars’ Spinoff
- Screen Crush: Donald Glover Is Young Lando Calrissian in Young Han Solo 'Star Wars' Spinoff
- Twitch: Donald Glover to Play Lando Calrissian in Han Solo STAR WARS Film
- MovieWeb: Donald Glover Is Young Lando Calrissian in Star Wars: Han Solo Movie
- Latino Review: Breaking News: Donald Glover Will Be The Young Lando Calrissian In HAN SOLO STAR WARS Stand-Alone Film
- MovieWeb: Is This What the Star Wars: Han Solo Movie Is Actually About?
- SlashFilm: Han Solo’s ‘Star Wars Story’ Will Show Us At Least One Iconic Piece of The Smuggler’s History
- Comic Book Movie: The HAN SOLO Movie Will Apparently Reveal How Lando Calrissian Lost The Millennium Falcon
- Comic Book Movie: OFFICIAL: ATLANTA Star Donald Glover Has Been Cast As Lando Calrissian In HAN SOLO
- Cinema Blend: What The Han Solo Movie Might Be About
- Cinema Blend: Star Wars: When We’ll Learn About Rey’s Parentage, According To Daisy Ridley
- Dark Horizons: Whedon Talks His Next Project, “Star Wars” & More
- We Got This Covered: CONTEST: Win Star Trek Beyond Blu-Ray
- IGN Movies: Star Wars Rebels: "The Last Battle" Review
- The A.V. Club: TV Club: Star Wars Rebels’ throwback to The Clone Wars is bogged down by a terrible middle
- Fandango Movie Blog: 'Rogue One' Made Joss Whedon Want to Direct a 'Star Wars' Movie
- SlashFilm: Theory: Jedha in ‘Rogue One’ Became Starkiller Base in ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’
- ScreenRant: Star Wars: Rey’s Force Vision Originally Included Empire Strikes Back Fight
- ScreenRant: Han Solo Movie Casts Donald Glover As Lando Calrissian
- Bleeding Cool: Donald Glover Has Been Confirmed As Lando Calrissian In The Young Han Solo Movie
- JoBlo: Streets ahead! Donald Glover will be Lando Calrissian in Han Solo spin-off!
- MTV Movies Blog: Donald Glover Is Officially Joining The Star Wars Galaxy
- MovieWeb: Star Wars: Rogue One Runtime Announced, Is It Too Short?
- Filmonic: Donald Glover is the Next Lando Calrissian in the Young Han Solo Movie
- Screen Crush: 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Star on Rey's Parents: 'We Will See in a Year'
- ScreenRant: Star Wars 8: Daisy Ridley Teases the Reveal of Rey’s Parents
Last night, we all found out about Tim Miller leaving Deadpool 2 from what looks to be a creative clash with Ryan Reynolds. It’s certainly not a great thing for the production, and does put the movie into a little limbo. Seeing the director leave is bumming out a few people too. One of those is Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunn. In a tweet, the director showed support for Miller, praising him as integral to the first film. Honestly bummed about Tim Miller leaving Deadpool.
- Cinema Blend: James Gunn Responds To Tim Miller Leaving Deadpool 2
- We Got This Covered: Tim Miller Left Deadpool 2 Over Cable Casting Disagreement
- Cinema Blend: Deadpool 2: Why Tim Miller May Have Left As Director
- Bleeding Cool: Director Tim Miller Has Left Deadpool 2 After Alleged Creative Clashes With Ryan Reynolds
- ScreenRant: James Gunn ‘Bummed’ About Deadpool Director Departure
- Deadline: Director Tim Miller, Ryan Reynolds Part Company On ‘Deadpool 2’
- Variety: ‘Deadpool’ Director Tim Miller Exits Sequel Over Creative Differences
- Dark Horizons: Tim Miller Exits As Director Of “Deadpool 2”
- Coming Soon: Tim Miller Exits Deadpool 2 Director’s Chair
- Badass Digest: No DEADPOOL 2 For Director Tim Miller
- We Got This Covered: Deadpool 2 Loses Director Tim Miller
- The Wrap: ‘Deadpool 2’ Drama: Here’s What Ryan Reynolds and Director Tim Miller Clashed Over (Exclusive)
- SlashFilm: ‘Deadpool 2’ Loses Director Tim Miller
- Screen Crush: 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2'
- Comic Book Movie: Director Tim Miller Departs From DEADPOOL 2 Due To Creative Differences
- Latino Review: UPDATED: DEADPOOL 2 - Director Tim Miller Leaves Project Over Creative Differences With Star Ryan Reynolds
- Cinema Blend: Deadpool 2 Just Took A Major Step Backward
- IndieWire: ‘Deadpool 2’ Director Leaves Film After Creative Differences With Star Ryan Reynolds
- Vulture: Deadpool 2 Loses Its Director Over Creative Differences With Ryan Reynolds
- IGN Movies: Deadpool 2 Just Lost Its Director
- The A.V. Club: Newswire: Deadpool 2 has lost its director
- Dark Horizons: Further Details On The “Deadpool 2” Split
- ScreenRant: Deadpool 2 Director Exits Over Creative Differences with Ryan Reynolds
- MovieWeb: Deadpool 2 Loses Director Over Creative Differences with Ryan Reynolds
- ScreenRant: Report: Deadpool Director & Ryan Reynolds Disagreed on Cable Casting
- MovieWeb: Deadpool 2 Director Disagreed with Ryan Reynolds on Cable Casting
AT & T will soon own Time Warner, which means they control all of that company's subsidiary assets like HBO, TNT, DC Comics, Warner Bros., Cartoon Network, Warner Bros.
- Variety: AT&T Reaches Deal to Buy Time Warner for $86 Billion (Report)
- Variety: AT&T Sets $85.4 Billion Time Warner Deal, CEOs Talk ‘Unique’ Potential of Combination
- Coming Soon: It’s Official: AT&T to Acquire Time Warner for $85.4 Billion
- The Wrap: AT&T Reaches $80 Billion Agreement to Buy Time Warner, WSJ Reports
- ScreenRant: AT&T Purchasing DC-Owner Time Warner in $80 Billion Deal
- The Wrap: AT&T Completes $85 Billion Purchase of Time Warner
- Deadline: Time Warner Sale To AT&T Shows Distribution, Not Content, Is King
- Deadline: Donald Trump Would Nix AT&T’s Acquisition Of Time Warner; Says Such Deals “Destroy Democracy”
- Deadline: Report: AT&T Reaches $80B+ Deal To Acquire Time Warner; Announcement Could Come As Early As Tonight
- IGN Movies: AT&T Buying Time Warner
- Deadline: AT&T And Time Warner Unveil Merger Terms Calling It A “Perfect Match”
- Variety: AT&T, Time Warner Merger Banks on Mobile Video, Multiplatform Growth
- Variety: Time Warner CEO Jeff Bewkes to Exit After AT&T Deal Closes
- Variety: AT&T Q3 Revenue Miss Highlights Urgency Behind Time Warner Deal
- Variety: AT&T Time Warner Merger Could Kill the Skinny Bundle
- The Wrap: Time Warner Stock Spikes on AT&T Takeover Talk
- The Wrap: 3 Biggest Hurdles to AT&T’s Time Warner Acquisition
- The Wrap: Read the Full Statement of AT&T Buying Time Warner
- The Wrap: What AT&T, Time Warner Deal Means for Content Amid a Flood of Distribution
Three of Hollywood’s prettiest faces just landed three new projects in this edition of Casting Bits: Jennifer Lawrence will play a jazz icon Leonardo DiCaprio will help create some of rock’s biggest stars Chris Pine will get lost in time Find out more about these casting updates after the jump. Jennifer Lawrence to play Zelda Fitzgerald After showing us her pipes with a little song in The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part I, The Hollywood Reporter has learned Jennifer Lawrence is about to dive deep into the musical world with Zelda, a new biopic about jazz icon Zelda Fitzgerald.
- Cinema Blend: Chris Pine and Gugu Mbatha-Raw Make An Already Brilliant Wrinkle In Time Cast Even Better
- Coming Soon: Chris Pine Joins A Wrinkle in Time
- We Got This Covered: Chris Pine Locked In For Disney’s A Wrinkle In Time
- The Wrap: Chris Pine Joins Reese Witherspoon, Oprah Winfrey in ‘A Wrinkle in Time’
- Screen Crush: Gugu Mbatha-Raw and Chris Pine Join the Fantastic Cast of Ava DuVernay's 'A Wrinkle in Time'
- ScreenRant: Disney’s A Wrinkle in Time Casts Chris Pine & Gugu Mbatha-Raw
- IndieWire: Leonardo DiCaprio to Star as Music Producer Sam Phillips in Biopic
- Dark Horizons: Jennifer Lawrence Up For Ron Howard’s “Zelda”
- Dark Horizons: Pine, Mbatha-Raw Set For “A Wrinkle In Time”
- Coming Soon: Leonardo DiCaprio Plans Sam Phillips Biopic
- The Wrap: Leonardo DiCaprio to Star in Sam Phillips Biopic for Paramount
- The Wrap: Jennifer Lawrence Teams With Ron Howard on Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Screen Crush: Jennifer Lawrence to Star in Ron Howard's Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Latino Review: Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic In The Works From Director Ron Howard Starring Jennifer Lawrence
- ScreenRant: Jennifer Lawrence Starring in Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Screen Crush: Leonardo DiCaprio Will Play Sam Phillips, Introduce the World to Rock and Roll
- MovieWeb: Jennifer Lawrence & Ron Howard Team for Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- SlashFilm: Rogue One Bits: Running Time Revealed? ‘Catalyst’ Excerpt, Weirdest Interview & More
- ScreenRant: Leonardo DiCaprio to Play Music Pioneer Sam Phillips in New Biopic
Boo! Madea scares off the competition! Tyler Perry once again donned his dress and wig for audience amusement this weekend and put BOO! A MADEA HALLOWEEN on top at the box office with an estimated opening of $27.6 million! The seventh movie in Perry's Madea franchise had a strong start, only surpassed by the $30 million opening of MADEA'S FAMILY REUNION in 2006 and the series high $41... Read More...
- Screen Crush: Weekend Box Office Report: Madea Takes Down Tom Cruise
- Variety: Box Office: ‘A Madea Halloween’ Narrowly Beats ‘Jack Reacher’ in Close Friday
- Deadline: What Happened To ‘The Joneses’ At The Box Office?
- The A.V. Club: AVQ&A: Tell us about your pop-culture weekend: October 21 - 23
- Horror Society: ‘Madea’ to Take Down ‘Ouija’ at the Box Office…
- Variety: Box Office: ‘Madea Halloween’ Edges Out ‘Jack Reacher 2’ With $27.6 Million
- Coming Soon: Tyler Perry’s Madea Beats Tom Cruise at the Box Office
- Moviefone: Box Office: Tyler Perry Crushes 'Jack Reacher 2' With $27.6 Million
- USA Today: Box office: 'Madea' trumps 'Jack Reacher' at No. 1 with $27.6M
- Deadline: ‘Moonlight’ & ‘Michael Moore In TrumpLand’ Top Year’s Theater Averages – Specialty Box Office
- Deadline: ‘Jack Reacher’ Gets Going With $31M Offshore Bow – International Box Office
- The Wrap: ‘Boo! A Madea Halloween’ Delivers Box Office Beatdown With $27.6 Million
- The Wrap: 6 Reasons Why ‘Boo! A Madea Halloween’ Slayed at the Box Office
Jason Momoa bids farewell to his favorite bar during a Justice League wrap party, smashing his Aquaman ice sculpture in the process
- ScreenRant: Justice League: Jason Momoa Demolishes Aquaman Ice Sculpture
- IGN Movies: Justice League Director Reveals New Wonder Woman Photo
- Dark Horizons: “Justice League” Photo, UN Celebrate Wonder Woman
- Screen Crush: Zack Synder Shares a New Photo of Wonder Woman in 'Justice League'
- ScreenRant: Justice League: Wonder Woman Image Revealed by Zack Snyder
- Comic Book Movie: Zack Snyder Shares A Fiery New Image Of Wonder Woman From JUSTICE LEAGUE For #WonderWoman75
- The Wrap: ‘Justice League': New Image of Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman (Photo)
- MovieWeb: Wonder Woman Becomes U.N. Ambassador, New Justice League Photo Arrives
- JoBlo: Zack Snyder shares a new look at Wonder Woman in Justice League
- Bleeding Cool: Zack Snyder Shares Wonder Woman Photo From Justice League Set
- Screen Crush: 'Aquaman' Will Be in the Spirit of 'Romancing the Stone' and 'Raiders of the Lost Ark'
- Fandango Movie Blog: 'Aquaman' to Be Like 'Raiders of the Lost Ark' Meets 'Romancing the Stone,' Says Director
- SlashFilm: ‘Aquaman’ Will Be a Quest Story in the Spirit of ‘Indiana Jones’
Last night Tom Hanks hosted Saturday Night Live for the first time in 10 years, and the energy he brought to the show certainly elevated the writing and cast from their misstep of an episode last weekend with Emily Blunt. Honestly, I thought there was only one truly bad sketch the entire night, and it wasn’t even downright awful.
- The A.V. Club: TV Club: Tom Hanks swoops in to save us on a great Saturday Night Live
- Deadline: Leslie Jones Fires Back At Hackers While Tom Hanks Soothes Troubled Nation On ‘Saturday Night Live’
- IndieWire: ‘Saturday Night Live’ Review: Tom Hanks Gives America The Pep Talk It Needs In Halloween-ish Episode
- Vulture: Saturday Night Live Recap: Welcome Back, Tom Hanks
- IndieWire: ‘Saturday Night Live’: Tom Hanks Takes on Prestige Television in ‘Funny New Comedy’ Sketch — Watch
- Deadline: ‘Saturday Night Live’ Hits Season High Ratings With Tom Hanks, Lady Gaga & More Donald Trump & Hillary Clinton
- Deadline: ‘Saturday Night Live’ Scores Another Bingo With Trump Versus Clinton
- Deadline: ‘Saturday Night Live’s Halloween 2016: One Trick, One Treat
- AintItCool: Tom Hanks Enters The 9-Timers Club On SNL42!! Florence + The Machine On ACL42!!
- The A.V. Club: Newswire: SNL and Tom Hanks introduce your new Halloween hero: David S. Pumpkins
- Vulture: Tom Hanks Fulfills All of Your Hopes and Dreams By Pretending to Be Your Dad for Four Minutes
From a whisper to a roar, the viral marketing behind Logan was turned up to 11 after the teaser trailer and then trailer for Logan were released earlier this week.
- IGN Movies: New Logan Photo Confirms X-23
- Cinema Blend: New Logan Image Focuses On X-23
- Comic Book Movie: Latest Image From LOGAN Introduces Us To Dafne Keen's Laura/X-23
- IGN Movies: Logan Director on Wolverine 3's Place in X-Men Timeline
- IGN Movies: Logan Could Be the Perfect End for Hugh Jackman’s Wolverine
- IGN Movies: Old Man Logan Comparison: From Comics to Movie
- ScreenRant: Logan Director Inspired By ‘Classical Filmmaking’ & Comic Panels
- Comic Book Movie: LOGAN 2017 Trailer - Ten Things You Might Have Missed
- Latino Review: LRM TV PODCAST Episode 20: Which Trailer Excited Us More ROGUE ONE, POWER RANGERS, Or LOGAN
Captain Marvel isn’t the most imminent Marvel movie, but it also isn’t that far away either. The film doesn’t yet have a director either which seems like something we should be getting soon. When speaking to Vulture, Marvel’s Kevin Feige said we could probably expect to hear something soon. He said they expect to have a director nailed down by the end of the year, and also opened the curtain just a little on the process of picking a director for a film. He said: I expect to have a director by the end of the year.
- ScreenRant: Kevin Feige: Captain Marvel ‘Strongest’ Hero, Director News By Year End
- Cinema Blend: When Captain Marvel Will Finally Have Its Director, According To Kevin Feige
- Screen Crush: Kevin Feige Says 'Captain Marvel' Is the MCU's Most Powerful Hero, Director Reveal Coming Soon
- SlashFilm: ‘Captain Marvel’ Will Have a Director by the End of 2016, Will Be Marvel’s “Strongest” Superhero Yet
- JoBlo: Kevin Feige says Captain Marvel will be their strongest hero yet
- MTV Movies Blog: Captain Marvel Will Be ‘The Strongest Character’ Marvel’s Ever Had
- MovieWeb: Captain Marvel Is the Strongest Hero in the MCU Says Kevin Feige
Looks like Dwayne Johnson’s next project is taking him back to his humble origins, and is further proof that either the actor/producer never sleeps, or has cloned himself at some point in the past five years.Variety is reporting that Johnson’s next project comes in the form of a currently-untitled comedy, which has already been nabbed by Fox for a pilot commitment.
- We Got This Covered: Wrestling Comedy Based On The Rock’s Early Career In The Works At Fox, Dwayne Johnson Attached
- SlashFilm: Dwayne Johnson and Will Ferrell Team Up for Wrestling Comedy Series at Fox
- Vulture: The Rock and Will Ferrell are Tag-Teaming a Wrestling Pilot at Fox
- Dark Horizons: FOX Plans The Rock WWE-Inspired Comedy Series
- Deadline: Fox Nabs ‘Bad Sugar’ Comedy From Sharon Horgan, Patty Breen & Aaron Kaplan
- Vulture: Rejoice! Catastrophe Creator Sharon Horgan Has Sold a Fracking Comedy to Fox, and Olivia Colman Will Star
Steve Dillon, best known for Preacher, Hellblazer, Doctor Who and Judge Dredd, has passed away at age 54. Dillon got his start in the comic book industry at the incredibly young age of 16, drawing the Marvel UK Hulk anthology series. In the '90s, Dillon would team with Garth Ennis to form one of the most dynamic and groundbreaking writer/artist teams in the history of comics. There are currently no further details regarding the nature of his passing but we at CBM would like to express our condolences to his friends and family.
- Dread Central: Rest in Peace: Comic Artist Steve Dillon
- Deadline: Steve Dillon Dies: Comic Artist And ‘Preacher’ Co-Creator Was 54
- Vulture: Remembering Preacher's Steve Dillon, a Subtle Titan of Comics Art
- Variety: Steve Dillon, Co-Creator of ‘Preacher’ Comic-Book, Dies at 54
- Vulture: Preacher Co-Creator And Comic Book Great Steve Dillon Has Died
- The A.V. Club: Newswire: R.I.P. Steve Dillon, co-creator of Preacher
It's a hard task to follow up a successful film and after JOHN WICK blew us all away and a sequel was announced, we were left hoping that JOHN WICK: CHAPTER TWO wouldn't wind up falling short. Sequels which are as good, or even better, as their predecessors do exist, but they're definitely a rare breed. JOHN WICK: CHAPTER TWO director Chad Stahelski spoke with Collider... Read More...
- Screen Crush: Director Chad Stahelski on 'John Wick: Chapter 2' and the Curse of the Sequel
- Cinema Blend: How John Wick: Chapter 2 Will Be Like Aliens, According To The Director
- SlashFilm: ‘John Wick: Chapter 2’ Will Take a Page Out of the ‘Aliens’ Playbook
- MovieWeb: John Wick 3 Details Revealed, John Wick 2 Compared to Aliens
- Dark Horizons: More “John Wick” Sequel Details & Third Film Talk
Just yesterday I reported that Michael Dougherty and Zach Shields had been brought on to write the Godzilla sequel. Well, things are apparently moving fast on that. ScreenCrush are reporting that Dougherty is in talks to direct the film too.
- The A.V. Club: Newswire: Krampus’ Michael Dougherty might be directing Godzilla 2
- Screen Crush: Exclusive: 'Godzilla 2' May Be Helmed by 'Krampus' Director Michael Dougherty
- ScreenRant: Godzilla 2 Reportedly Being Directed by Krampus Helmer
- Bleeding Cool: Godzilla 2 Gets Krampus Writers On Board
- Dark Horizons: Dougherty Replacing Edwards On “Godzilla 2”?
- Cinema Blend: Godzilla 2 May Have Found Its New Director
The first season of Jessica Jones was met with widespread critical acclaim, but despite the fact that it featured a female lead and covered sensitive topics like sexual assault, only around a third of the thirteen episodes had a woman behind the camera.
- The A.V. Club: Newswire: Women will direct every episode of Jessica Jones season two
- Variety: ‘Jessica Jones’ Hires All Women Directors for Season 2, Showrunner Says
- IndieWire: ‘Jessica Jones’ Season 2: Female Directors Will Helm Every New Episode
- Badass Digest: Women Will Direct All 13 Episodes Of JESSICA JONES Season 2
- Vulture: Jessica Jones’ Second Season Will Only Feature Female Directors
Following his hard work on The Avengers: Age of Ultron, and some of the harsh words from critics and fans, director Joss Whedon took a much deserved break from putting himself out there. He stepped away from Twitter, only to come back just in time to create the Save the Day voting initiative with a lot of his Avengers stars, and now he’s getting back in the groove of making movies again.
Conjured up out of America's obsession with spiritualism in the 19th century, "Ouija, the Wonderful Talking Board" was created in 1891 by entrepreneur Charles Kennard and attorney Elijah Bond, and made by the Kennard Novelty Company. After Kennard and Bond left the company in the early 1900s, William Fuld, one of the company's first employees, took over and continued making the popular spirit board. By 1920, the game had become such a fixture of American culture that Norman Rockwell featured a couple playing with a Ouija board on the cover of the Saturday Evening Post.
After premiering at the Venice Film Festival and receiving its second prize, and screening at this year’s TIFF, Nocturnal Animals is finally heading to theaters. The film stars Jake Gyllenhaal and Amy Adams as two dangerously stylish divorcees who reconnect after he publishes a violent and upsetting book that is, for some reason, dedicated to her. Continue reading…
- The Wrap: ‘Nocturnal Animals’ Trailer: Jake Gyllenhaal, Amy Adams Deal With Consequences of ‘Brutal’ Breakup (Video)
- SlashFilm: ‘Nocturnal Animals’ Trailer: Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal Look Damn Good in Tom Ford’s Thriller
- FirstShowing.net: Second Trailer for Tom Ford's 'Nocturnal Animals' Lead by Amy Adams
- Deadline: ‘Burn This’ Broadway Revival With Jake Gyllenhaal Postponed Until 2017-2018
Salma Hayek claims that Donald Trump planted a National Enquirer story about her after she denied his date invitation. “When I met that man, I had a boyfriend, and he tried to become his friend to get my home telephone number,” she said in an interview with a nationally syndicated Spanish radio show on Friday, according to BuzzFeed.
- Deadline: Donald Trump’s Comedy Crater Caught By 10.3M Viewers On Cable News Networks
- Variety: Donald Trump: Deals Like AT&T-Time Warner Merger ‘Destroy Democracy’
- Variety: Adult Film Star Jessica Drake Accuses Donald Trump of Sexual Misconduct
- Vulture: Alec Baldwin’s Donald Trump and Kate McKinnon’s Hillary Clinton Return to SNL for One Final Debate
"In this fiction, we all revolve around the protagonist." The Orchard has released an official US trailer for Pablo Larraín's other film this year, titled Neruda, about a Chilean Senator in the 1940s who is chased by a police man. Larraín is a filmmaker everyone should be getting to know, especially with two great films this year - his other one is Jackie starring Natalie Portman (his first English-language feature). We ran the first trailer for Neruda back in May, just before it premiered at the Cannes Film Festival.
- Variety: Gael García Bernal on ‘Neruda,’ Mexico’s ‘Tres Amigos’ Tradition, Filmmaking’s Rewards
- Vulture: Neruda Trailer: Gael García Bernal Goes on a Wild Goose Chase for the Literary Legend
- IndieWire: ‘Neruda’ Trailer: Pablo Larraín’s Other Oscar Hopeful Gets a Rousing New Look — Watch
- Deadline: ‘Neruda’ Trailer: Life On The Run For Chilean Poet & Political Firebrand
Tom Cruise is known for kicking ass and taking names in action films. He prides himself on doing his own insane stunts and his latest film, Jack Reacher: Never Go Back, is no exception. However, this time Cruise is not the only badass on the big screen.
- SlashFilm: Interview: ‘Jack Reacher: Never Go Back’ Director Ed Zwick on Reuniting With Tom Cruise
- IndieWire: Tom Cruise on Persistent ‘Top Gun 2’ Rumors: ‘We’re Trying to Figure It Out’
- Comic Book Movie: Come Watch As Tom Cruise Acts Out His Entire Legendary Film Career With James Corden
- The Wrap: ‘Boo! A Madea Halloween’ to Scare ‘Jack Reacher’ and ‘Ouija’ Sequels Into Submission
Barry Jenkins‘ Moonlight is already being called one of the best movies of the year, and not without reason. It’s a visual feast quaking with beauty and sadness, a hushed poem of pain and romance, and a piece of filmmaking that feels more alive . But most people will also be talking about Moonlight for its actors, and its triads of shattering, magnetic performances. Continue reading…
- The Wrap: Oscar Watch: Inside the LA Premiere of ‘Loving,’ Joel Edgerton, Ruth Negga Civil Rights Love Story
- Thompson on Hollywood: IndieWire’s Movie Podcast: Screen Talk (Episode 120) – Why ‘Moonlight’ Is a Serious Oscar Contender
- IndieWire: Arthouse Audit: ‘Moonlight’ Soars to Near-Record Levels; ‘The Handmaiden’ Beats the Odds
Bill Murray for President? Oh, hell yes. But a run for the Oval Office is not what brought the legendary comedian to the White House on Friday. Murray is in Washington D.C.
Who has the gall to turn down the Boss, you ask? None other than Harry Potter. Bruce Springsteen has revealed he wrote a song for the franchise during its early days. Unfortunately, the Academy Award-winning musician’s personal ballad went unused, but he still hopes we’ll hear it in a theater one day. Below, learn more about the scrapped Bruce Springsteen Harry Potter song. It’s a little tricky to imagine Bruce Springsteen’s distinctly American voice singing a tune during the very British Harry Potter adventures.
By Octavio Karbank A little over a week ago I found myself with the unique opportunity to sit down with writers Max Landis and Arvind Ethan David and talk about Dirk Gently. Not just the comic, mind you, but the upcoming TV show as well. For those who are curious, it debuts tonight. I’ll admit, I wasn’t too familiar with the infamous Dirk Gently and his quirky adventures before the interview. I’d read one or two comics, I knew Dirk Gently was a creation of the legendary Douglas Adams, and for some reason reminded me of the Doctor from Doctor Who, but that was about it. Now back to Mr.
This Blumhouse Production started shooting almost three years ago. For unknown reasons, Brad Peyton‘s horror film Incarnate has been sitting on the shelf for a while. The WWE co-production is also Peyton’s first horror movie. He previously directed San Andreas, Journey 2: The Mysterious Island, and Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore, so this Aaron Eckhart-led exorcism movie is uncharted territory for the director. Now there’s a new Incarnate trailer you can watch below. Dr.
Leonardo DiCaprio has been rather vocal when it comes to fighting for environmental issues. He’s produced several documentaries about climate change, clean energy and more such as The 11th Hour, Catching the Sun and Before the Flood.
- Dark Horizons: Trailer & Poster: DiCaprio Doco “The Ivory Game”
- FirstShowing.net: Official Trailer for Netflix's Important Elephant Doc 'The Ivory Game'
Netflix’s grimy little corner of the Marvel Cinematic Universe has really flourished in the past couple of years, with all the leading heroes now preparing to team up in 2017’s The Defenders. Meanwhile, the big-screen side of the MCU is still chugging along nicely, with all their leading heroes set to come together in 2018’s Avengers: Infinity War. But could the Defenders ever make the leap to the movies? According to Marvel chief Kevin Feige, it’s a matter of “timing.” Collider asked Feige about the possibility of a Marvel movies Netflix crossover.
The Vampire Diaries kicked off its eighth and final season with a bang last night and next week, the madness continues. When Stefan gets a beat on Damon & Enzo's next target, he, Bonnie, & Caroline race to North Carolina, which is coincidentally the residence of his great niece Sarah Salvatore Nelson, to stop the duo before all hell breaks loose. While Bonnie takes desperate measures to save Enzo, Stefan gives Caroline a major surprise.
Just a little under a month to go until we're all taken back into the Wizarding World of Harry Potter with J.K. Rowling's latest magical creation - Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. The film will take us on a journey into the '20s where we'll meet magizoologist Newt Scamander and follow him as he arrives in America and subsequently has his suitcase full of magical beasts break free.
This week saw the television debut of The Justice Society of America. A lesser known part of the DC Universe, JSA debuted in All-Star Comics #3 in 1940. With initial success because of the popularity from World War II JSA survived for ten years but then was cancelled and the focus switched to Justice League. Ever since then JSA has only seen a small amount of success in comics with a majority of its founding members being replaced with more popular known characters. This week’s episode saw the Legends go back in time to save The Justice Society of
- Bleeding Cool: The Justice Society Of America School The Legends
- Comic Book Movie: New Extended Promo For LEGENDS OF TOMORROW Season 2 Episode 3: "Shogun”
Jessica Henwick, best known as the whip-wielding member of Game of Thrones' Sand Snakes was in attendance at the world-premiere of Marvel's Doctor Strange and discussed her role in the upcoming Netflix Iron Fist series as Colleen Wing.
In a Valley of Violence is steeped in classic archetypes, with fantastic performances from Taissa Farmiga and John Travolta.
- IGN Movies: In a Valley of Violence Review
“Jason Bourne” star Matt Damon will become the latest marquee Hollywood name to speak at the Producers Guild of America’s third-annual “Produced By: New York” conference, joining the likes of Chris Rock and Tina Fey at the Oct. 29 event. Damon will participate — by remote video link — in a panel about “Manchester by the Sea,” Amazon Studios’ drama about tragedy in a small New England town that Damon produced. He will join fellow producers Kimberly Steward, Lauren Beck, Chris Moore, and Kevin J.
“America had won the war. The Depression was over.” Thus, within the first minute of “American Pastoral,” the voice of Philip Roth‘s Pulitzer Prize-winning 1997 novel becomes that of an elderly spouse explaining the plot of a movie in a crowded theater.
Wonder Woman celebrates her 75th anniversary today and direct Zack Snyder shared a new photo of Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman in the Justice League movie.Earlier today we reported that Wonder Woman who has long been recognized as the global icon representing justice, peace and equality, was named by the United Nations as an Honorary Ambassador for the Empowerment of Women and Girls. The appointment was announced by the United Nations at a ceremony also attended by Lynda Carter, who played Wonder Woman in the beloved 1970s television series, and Gal Gadot, who will star
Logan goes beyond anything that has happened before in the X-Men movie universe, but is it playing fare with the timeline?
- Comic Book Movie: Hugh Jackman's 8 Appearances As WOLVERINE In The X-MEN Universe - RANKED
Like you guys, I'm a massive fan of all things comic book, fantasy, and sci-fi (why else do you think I do this for a living?).
Agent Jemma Simmons (Elizabeth Henstridge) had quite day in the last episode of Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD. She assisted the fugitive Daisy Johnson (Chloe Bennet), got into a fight with the Watch Dogs and discovered that Leo Fitz (Iain De Caestecker) and Holden Radcliffe (John Hannah) have created an unauthorized artificial intelligence and given it an android body. None of this would be a problem, except Simmons has to take regular lie-detector tests and she really can’t lie. What will the fall out be?
Sir Ridley Scott has quite the talented family. His three children have all directed feature films. The last feature Scott’s eldest son, Jake Scott, directed was Welcome to the Rileys, a compelling drama with memorable performances. The director made his feature filmmaking debut with the little-known Plunkett & Macleane, which, even in Jake Scott’s eyes, is a very rough around the edges first movie.
- Dark Horizons: VOTD: Mads Mikkelsen Is An Assassin In Ford Short
Time Warner CEO Jeff Bewkes is expected to stay on through the close of the company’s acquisition by AT&T and is unlikely to be replaced by former Fox top executive Peter Chernin, the companies made clear on Saturday after news of the mega merger broke. In a conference call with reporters, AT&T Chairman Randall Stephenson said that maintaining continuity of the top talent at Time Warner was a major factor in the desire to acquire the company. Also Read: What AT&T, Time Warner Deal Means for Content Amid a Flood of Distribution “I made it clear to Jeff that the talent
Sometimes I feel sorry for studio executives. You put so much time and money into making sure you run a tight ship — absolutely no leaks, meaning that you get to dictate when and where details about your new film are released to the public — and then one of your corporate partners accidentally posts a key plot point or a character photo on their website earlier than you intended, and all that hard work has been wiped away. It’s tough work keeping Hollywood’s secrets, especially for a movie as big as Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. Continue reading…
With his brother Uriel (Michael Imperioli) coming to town, things are getting even stranger for Lucifer (Tom Ellis) as he helps Detective Chloe Decker (Lauren German) try to solve the murder of his favorite action star. Lucifer airs Mondays at 9 PM on FOX. Welcome To Devil Time – Sneak Peek Of The Next Lucifer
- Badass Digest: IFC Midnight Is Sweet On THE DEVIL’S CANDY
- Screen Crush: New Netflix Instant Releases: November 2016
1. Tyler Perry's Boo! A Madea HalloweenGross: $27,600,000Total: $27,600,000
2. Jack Reacher: Never Go BackGross: $23,000,000Total: $23,000,000
3. Ouija: Origin Of EvilGross: $14,057,130Total: $14,057,130
4. Accountant, TheGross: $14,025,000Total: $47,920,381
5. Girl On The Train, TheGross: $7,269,155Total: $58,901,485