Top Movie News for April 28, 2017
Just a month from release, DC fans have been quick to notice that Wonder Woman‘s marketing pales in comparison to her male colleagues Batman and Superman. There will be some who view that as a long-overdue adjustment, given that recent superhero films have seen their marketing budgets bloat to hundreds of millions of dollars. But it’s what fans have been shown to expect studios are willing to spend… so why is Wonder Woman the first to take the hit?
- We Got This Covered: Jungle Cruise: Dwayne Johnson Lobbying For Wonder Woman’s Patty Jenkins To Get Behind The Wheel
- Coming Soon: A New Wonder Woman Spot Arrives!
- AintItCool: WONDER WOMAN TV Spot #5 - TOGETHER... cower you men!
- Cinema Blend: Wonder Woman TV Spot Shows The Origins Of The Heroine's Secret Identity
- We Got This Covered: New Wonder Woman Promos Bring Us Our First Look At Ares
- We Got This Covered: Director Patty Jenkins Would Like To Bring Wonder Woman “A Little Farther Along Into The Future” With A Potential Sequel
- Badass Digest: Please Enjoy Two New Ass-Kicking WONDER WOMAN TV Spots
- Bleeding Cool: See Wonder Woman Once A Day For Entire Theatrical Run With $100 Ultimate Ticket
- HitFix: You Aren’t Imagining It, ‘Wonder Woman’ Really Isn’t Being Well Promoted
- Comic Book Movie: JUSTICE LEAGUE Funko POPs Officially Unveiled: Wonder Woman, The Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg, Batman & SupermanJUSTICE LEAGUE Funko POPs Officially Unveiled: Wonder Woman, The Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg, Batman & Superman
- MovieWeb: See Wonder Woman Every Day with Regal's Ultimate Ticket
- Screen Crush: Dwayne Johnson Wants 'Wonder Woman' Director Patty Jenkins for 'Jungle Cruise'
- ScreenRant: Dwayne Johnson Wants Wonder Woman Director For Jungle Cruise
- Bleeding Cool: Danica Patrick Will Be Racing As Wonder Woman
- JoBlo: Patty Jenkins wants Wonder Woman to come to America in the sequel
- Latino Review: Jungle Cruise: Dwayne Johnson Wants Wonder Woman Helmer Patty Jenkins To Direct Film
- Bleeding Cool: Luke Cage, Justice League, Wonder Woman, Indiana Jones – The Previous Development Hells
- ScreenRant: Wonder Woman Director Shares Sequel Ideas
- Screen Crush: 'Wonder Woman' TV Spot: So That's Why She's Called Diana Prince
- Comic Book Movie: New WONDER WOMAN Promos Features Our First Look At David Thewlis As Sir Patrick Morgan And AresNew WONDER WOMAN Promos Features Our First Look At David Thewlis As Sir Patrick Morgan And Ares
- ScreenRant: Wonder Woman TV Spots: First Look at Ares in Disguise?
- Comic Book Movie: New WONDER WOMAN Promo Features Our First Look At David Thewlis As Sir Patrick MorganNew WONDER WOMAN Promo Features Our First Look At David Thewlis As Sir Patrick Morgan
- Comic Book Movie: SUPERGIRL, THE FLASH And ARROW Upcoming Episode Synopses Tease The Return Of Some Major CharactersSUPERGIRL, THE FLASH And ARROW Upcoming Episode Synopses Tease The Return Of Some Major Characters
- Comic Book Movie: WONDER WOMAN TV Spot Provides Our First Brief Look At The Villainous Ares In Action Against DianaWONDER WOMAN TV Spot Provides Our First Brief Look At The Villainous Ares In Action Against Diana
- Comic Book Movie: WONDER WOMAN Director Patty Jenkins Share Some Ideas For A Possible SequelWONDER WOMAN Director Patty Jenkins Share Some Ideas For A Possible Sequel
- MovieWeb: Jungle Cruise Movie: Dwayne Johnson Wants Wonder Woman Director
- MovieWeb: Wonder Woman TV Spots Reveal How Diana Prince Got Her Name
Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 has officially been certified fresh on Rotten Tomatoes today, with only a few more days left until its released in theaters. By any all standards, this year has more than its fair share of highly anticipated sequels and blockbuster titles set to be released by the time December 31 rolls around, with Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 sitting right near the top of that list.
- Coming Soon: 10 Guardians of the Galaxy Comic Stories You Should Read Before Vol. 2
- Comic Book Movie: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 Giveaway: Win An Awesome Star-Lord Replica Jacket Courtesy Of Fan JacketsGUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 Giveaway: Win An Awesome Star-Lord Replica Jacket Courtesy Of Fan Jackets
- SlashFilm: Keep Your Eyes Peeled: ‘Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2’ Has Another Obscure Easter Egg
- SlashFilm: Video: See The ‘Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2’ IMAX Ratio Difference
- Screen Crush: 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Has Another Tricky Easter Egg You'll Probably Never Find
- Latino Review: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: Feige and Bautista Address The Importance Of Female Characters
- Comic Book Movie: If GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 4 Happens, It Will Feature A Totally Different Team Of A-HolesIf GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 4 Happens, It Will Feature A Totally Different Team Of A-Holes
- Hollywood Reporter: Do the Guardians of the Galaxy Need to Fight the Avengers?
- ScreenRant: Guardians of the Galaxy 4 Would Feature Very Different Team
- MovieWeb: Guardians of the Galaxy 2 Review #2: A-Holes Return with Heart to Spare
- Latino Review: Guardians Of The Galaxy 2 Tracking For $130-$150 Million Opening Weekend!
- Latino Review: Nebula Was Almost Killed Off In The First Guardians Of the Galaxy Film
- ScreenRant: A Look At Guardians of the Galaxy 2’s Expanding IMAX Aspect Ratios
- MovieWeb: James Gunn Planning Guardians of the Galaxy 4 with New Team of Heroes
- Latino Review: Guardians Of The Galaxy 2 Director James Gunn Will Help Shape The Next Decade Of The MCU
- ScreenRant: Guardians of the Galaxy 2: We Haven’t Seen ‘Full-Fledged’ Groot Yet
- Cinema Blend: Watch Chris Pratt Hilariously Highlight His Favorite Props On The Guardians 2 Set
- JoBlo: Sylvester Stallone's Guardians character has a big future in the MCU
- BoxOfficeMojo: Analysis: 'Furious 8' Will Threepeat, 'Baahubali 2' Looks Strong & 'Guardians 2' Debuts Overseas
John Knoll, who created the Rogue One: A Star Wars Story concept, is working on another anthology idea in the Star Wars universe. Lucasfilm’s first foray into anthology films proved to be a massive success. Rogue One debuted to mostly positive reviews and went on to gross well over $1 billion dollars at the box office. Characters such as Donnie Yen’s spiritual warrior Chirrut Imwe and Alan Tudyk’s sarcastic droid K-2SO are beloved by the fans.
- Hollywood Reporter: Kathleen Kennedy Quotes Yoda, Dishes on 'Star Wars' at Archer Film Festival
- IGN Movies: IGN UK Podcast #381: Little Nightmares About Star Wars
- IGN Movies: Rey and Kylo Ren's Star Wars: The Last Jedi Costumes Revealed
- Coming Soon: The Star Wars News Roundup for April 28, 2017
- SlashFilm: Rian Johnson Did Not Write the ‘Star Wars: Episode 9’ Script Treatment
- ScreenRant: Star Wars 9 Isn’t Being Written by Rian Johnson
- Screen Crush: 'Star Wars Battlefront II' Gives Us Our First Look at Rey and Kylo Ren's New 'Last Jedi' Looks
- ScreenRant: Star Wars: Battlefront 2 Image Shows Last Jedi’s Kylo Ren & Rey
- Comic Book Movie: New STAR WARS: BATTLEFRONT II Image Reveals Kylo Ren & Rey's New Outfits From STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDINew STAR WARS: BATTLEFRONT II Image Reveals Kylo Ren & Rey's New Outfits From STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI
- Latino Review: Star Wars Episode 9: Rian Johnson Will NOT Write The Script
- ScreenRant: Han Solo: Emilia Clarke Finds Talking Star Wars ‘Scarier’ Than Game of Thrones
- FirstShowing.net: Watch: Fan-Made Jedi Short Film 'Star Wars: The Force And The Fury'
- Screen Crush: The Guy Who Came Up With 'Rogue One' Already Has Another Spinoff Idea Brewing
- HitFix: ‘Star Wars: Battlefront 2’ Box Art Shows Rey As A Full-Blown Jedi
A new rumor claims that Warner Bros. is eyeing legendary filmmaker Robert Zemeckis to direct their superhero adventure The Flash.
- Badass Digest: Rumor Control: Robert Zemeckis Met With WB About Directing THE FLASH
- Latino Review: The Flash: Robert Zemeckis Reportedly In Talks To Direct The DC Film!
- ScreenRant: Rumor: Robert Zemeckis In Talks For The Flash Movie
- JoBlo: Rumor: Robert Zemeckis took a meeting about directing The Flash movie
- Comic Book Movie: BACK TO THE FUTURE Director Robert Zemeckis Rumored To Be In Negotiations To Helm THE FLASH MovieBACK TO THE FUTURE Director Robert Zemeckis Rumored To Be In Negotiations To Helm THE FLASH Movie
- Dark Horizons: Zemeckis Rumored To Helm “The Flash” Film
- AintItCool: Rumor Du Jour... ZEMECKIS to go faster than 88 mph with THE FLASH?!?!? Run, Barry, Run!
- Comic Book Movie: BACK TO THE FUTURE Director Rober Zemeckis Rumored To Be In Negotiations To Helm THE FLASH MovieBACK TO THE FUTURE Director Rober Zemeckis Rumored To Be In Negotiations To Helm THE FLASH Movie
- Comic Book Movie: THE FLASH: Killer Frost Gets A New Suit In Photos From Season 3, Episode 20: "I Know Who You Are"THE FLASH: Killer Frost Gets A New Suit In Photos From Season 3, Episode 20: "I Know Who You Are"
- Latino Review: The Flash 'The Once And Future Flash' Review
Fox Almost every Marvel movie, whether it’s the R-rated Deadpool with Stan in da club or Spider-Man with him saved from being crushed, has the presence of one Stanley Lieber, better known to comics fans as Stan Lee.
- ScreenRant: Kevin Feige Endorses Stan Lee MCU Cameo Fan Theory
- Comic Book Movie: Kevin Feige Confirms A Long Standing Rumor About Stan Lee In The Marvel Cinematic UniverseKevin Feige Confirms A Long Standing Rumor About Stan Lee In The Marvel Cinematic Universe
- Cinema Blend: Why Marvel Movies Don’t Overlap Like They Used To, According To Kevin Feige
- ScreenRant: Kevin Feige Reveals Why Marvel Movies Don’t Overlap Anymore
- Bleeding Cool: Kevin Feige, Who Has Made Fifteen Straight Movies Without A Female-Led One, Praises Marvel’s Female Characters
- Hollywood Reporter: Marvel Wants Sylvester Stallone for Movies Beyond 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2'
- ScreenRant: Howard The Duck’s MCU Future Teased By Kevin Feige
- ScreenRant: Spider-Man: Homecoming – DJ Khaled Films Scene With Stan Lee
- Screen Crush: 'Guardians Vol. 3' Will 'Plant the Seeds' for a 'Decade' of More Marvel Movies
- Comic Book Movie: 5 Movies Marvel Studios Must Release To Launch The MARVEL COSMIC UNIVERSE5 Movies Marvel Studios Must Release To Launch The MARVEL COSMIC UNIVERSE
Stephen King adaptations are starting to become all the rage again, with THE DARK TOWER and IT both standing as two of this year’s most anticipated releases. Studios are clearly noticing as yet another classic King tale, FIRESTARTER, is getting the modern treatment from Akiva Goldsman and Blumhouse Productions. The news was announced last night at the Overlook Film Festival after a screening of... Read More...
- Deadline: ‘Firestarter’: Stephen King Classic Reignites With Universal, Blumhouse & Akiva Goldsman Directing
- Badass Digest: Blumhouse And Akiva Goldsman Are Remaking FIRESTARTER
- IndieWire: Akiva Goldsman Will Write and Direct a New Version of Stephen King’s ‘Firestarter,’ Produced By Blumhouse
- Dread Central: Akiva Goldsman and Blumhouse Reigniting Stephen King’s Firestarter
- Bleeding Cool: Stephen King’s Firestarter Gets A Remake By Akiva Goldsman And Scott Teems
- AintItCool: Akiva Goldsman continues to dip his dick into the Stephen King Universe with FIRESTARTER!
- ScreenRant: Stephen King’s Firestarter Adaptation Sets Akiva Goldsman as Director
- IndieWire: ‘Stephanie’ Review: Akiva Goldsman Delivers a Solid Creepy Kid Movie — Overlook Film Festival
- Cinema Blend: Stephen King's Firestarter Is Getting A Movie Remake
- Screen Crush: Stephen King's 'Firestarter' to Set the Screen Ablaze Once More With Upcoming Remake
The subject of our hyper-connected, social media-based cultural landscape is a fruitful and relevant one for filmmakers, and one with great potential for mass audience interest, given how pervasive this is in our daily lives.
- MovieWeb: The Circle Review: A Sledgehammer Satire of Social Media
- Hollywood Reporter: Tribeca: 'The Circle' Team on Bill Paxton, Real-Life Inspirations for Tech Thriller
- We Got This Covered: The Circle Review [Tribeca 2017]
- Twitch: Overlook 2017 Review: LIKE ME, or How the Meaninglessness of Social Media and Viral Videos Breeds its Own Madness
- The A.V. Club: Movie Review: Emma Watson fights a losing battle with internet paranoia in The Circle
- Cinema Blend: Emma Watson Had A Mini Harry Potter Reunion At The Circle Premiere
- Denver Post: Tom Hanks, Emma Watson star in dystopian tech nightmare “The Circle”
- Vulture: When It Comes to Tech Thrillers, The Circle Is Pretty Square
- ScreenRant: The Circle Director Remembers ‘Endlessly Generous’ Bill Paxton
- The Wrap: The Evolution of Emma Watson, From ‘Harry Potter’ to ‘The Circle’ (Photos)
Fans clamoring for a reboot of John Hughes seventeenth best movie, 1988’s The Great Outdoors, have finally gotten their wish! Universal has signed Kevin Hart to star in the upcoming film which originally starred Dan Aykroyd and John Candy, according to a report from Deadline. Michael De Luca is producing the remake, which is set to capture all the magic of the original. In a special treat for moviegoers, the man behind the upcoming Scooby Doo reboot, newcomer Randall Green, will write the script.
- AintItCool: Kevin Hart to star in a Great Outdoors remake?!?
- The Wrap: Kevin Hart Joins Universal’s ‘Great Outdoors’ Remake
- ScreenRant: Kevin Hart to Star in The Great Outdoors Reboot
- JoBlo: Kevin Hart joins The Great Outdoors reboot for Universal Pictures
- MovieWeb: The Great Outdoors Is Getting a Remake with Kevin Hart
- The A.V. Club: Newswire: Kevin Hart is remaking The Great Outdoors
- Cinema Blend: The Great Outdoors Is Being Remade With An A-Lister
- Deadline: BET Greenlights New Series From Kevin Hart, Steve Harvey, Wanda Sykes & More – Upfronts
Some projects in Hollywood can never seem to gain any real momentum. Just look at the forever-in-development remake The Crow, which has been the radar for what feels like decades. While Masters of the Universe — a film based on the Mattel franchise — doesn’t have quite the history of The Crow, it is a film that’s faced countless false starts and writer/director changeovers.When last we heard from director McG on the film, he was laser-focused on this being his next project.
- Comic Book Movie: McG No Longer Directing MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE; MAN OF STEEL's David Goyer Penning ScreenplayMcG No Longer Directing MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE; MAN OF STEEL's David Goyer Penning Screenplay
- ScreenRant: Masters of the Universe: McG Not Directing, David S. Goyer Writing
- JoBlo: Masters of the Universe set for December 2019 with McG no longer directing
- SlashFilm: ‘Masters of the Universe’ Release Date Set For 2019, McG No Longer Directing
- MovieWeb: Masters of the Universe Release Date Set; McG Not Directing
- HitFix: He-Man And The Masters Of The Universe Finally Have A Live-Action Return On The Way
- The Wrap: ‘Masters of the Universe’ Gets Release Date, Starts Search for Director
Some lucky visitors to Disneyland caught Jack Sparrow live and in the flesh on the ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’ ride
- Bleeding Cool: Johnny Depp Inflicts Acting Skills On Live Audience At Disneyland’s Pirates Of The Caribbean Ride
- ScreenRant: Johnny Depp Appears as Jack Sparrow at Disneyland’s Pirates Ride
- JoBlo: Johnny Depp surprises guests of Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean ride
- The Wrap: Johnny Depp Dresses Up as Jack Sparrow, Surprises ‘Pirates’ Riders at Disneyland (Videos)
- Coming Soon: New Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales TV Spots!
- Comic Book Movie: Jack Sparrow Runs From The Dead In New TV Spots For PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: DEAD MEN TELL NO TALESJack Sparrow Runs From The Dead In New TV Spots For PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES
New details have surfaced about a new character in Jurassic World 2, who has some intriguing connections to the original Jurassic Park.
- Coming Soon: James Cromwell Reveals His Jurassic World 2 Character Ties Into the Original Film
- ScreenRant: Jurassic World 2: James Cromwell Reveals Jurassic Park Connection
- JoBlo: James Cromwell's role in Jurassic World 2 has a Jurassic Park connection
- Dread Central: Jurassic World 2 – James Cromwell Talks Link to Original Film
- The A.V. Club: Newswire: James Cromwell joins Jurassic World 2 as one of the men who first cloned dinosaurs
- Screen Crush: 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have a Direct Connection to 'Jurassic Park's John Hammond
The narrative films “Keep the Change” and “Son of Sofia” and the documentary “Bobbi Jene” have won the top jury awards at the 2017 Tribeca Film Festival, TFF announced at an awards ceremony in New York City on Thursday night. Rachel Israel’s “Keep the Change,” a romance about two young adults with autism that was made with non-professional actors who are themselves autistic, won the Founders Award for Best Narrative Feature, while Israel won a separate award as Best New Narrative Director. Narrative acting awards went to Alessando Nivola fo
- Variety: Tribeca Film Festival: ‘Keep the Change,’ ‘Bobbi Jene’ Win Top Awards
- IndieWire: 2017 Tribeca Film Festival Awards: ‘Keep the Change,’ ‘Son of Sofia’ and ‘Bobbi Jene’ Take Top Prizes
- Vulture: Keep the Change, Son of Sofia, and Bobbi Jene Top Tribeca Film Festival Awards
- Deadline: Tribeca Film Festival Winners: ‘Keep The Change’, ‘Bobbi Jene’ Tops
- Badass Digest: Tribeca Film Festival: BUSTER’S MAL HEART’s Sarah Adina Smith On Tarot Casting And Questions Of Fate
- Hollywood Reporter: Tribeca: Autism Rom-Com 'Keep the Change' Among Jury Award Winners
J.D. Dillard’s supernatural, genre-bending, coming-of-age thriller
- IGN Movies: Sleight Review
- Variety: Film Review: ‘Sleight’
- Dread Central: Sleight (2017)
- The Wrap: ‘Sleight’ Review: Promising First Feature Combines Street Magic, Crime and Sci-Fi
The Weinstein Company and the Motion Picture Association of America have agreed to give the transgender coming of age drama “3 Generations” a PG-13 rating for “mature thematic content, some sexual references and language.” According to an individual with knowledge, slight edits were made to the language of the film and both sides compromised on the rating. The MPAA previously slapped an R-rating onto the film starring Elle Fanning, Susan Sarandon and Naomi Watts, due to language including sexual references, but the Weinstein Company challenged the rating. Directed by Ga
- Hollywood Reporter: Weinstein Co. Cuts '3 Generations' to Get PG-13 Rating
- The A.V. Club: Newswire: Harvey Weinstein gets the PG-13 rating he wanted for 3 Generations
- USA Today: Weinstein prevails, new teen trans film nabs PG-13 rating
- Coming Soon: Exclusive 3 Generations Clip Featuring Watts and Sarandon
We've seen Lighting McQueen, voiced by Owen Wilson, win his first Piston Cup in the first Cars film, then we saw him race around Europe in the World Gran Prix in Cars 2. Now we have come full circle, as the next generation of racers seem to be imposing their will and winning races. Yesterday, Disney released the third trailer for Cars 3 which is set to be released on June 16th, 2017.Check it out below. Looks like McQueen going to have to deal with the idea of retiring.
- Moviefone: 'Cars 3' Director Brian Fee on Going From Story Artist to Filmmaker
- Cinema Blend: The Bizarre NASCAR Easter Egg You’ll See In Cars 3
- Comic Book Movie: CARS Creative Director Offers A Horrifying Theory For Why Humans Don't Exist In That WorldCARS Creative Director Offers A Horrifying Theory For Why Humans Don't Exist In That World
- Fandango Movie Blog: Watch the Full 'Cars 3' Trailer and Check Out the Buzz on the Pixar Sequel
There are filmmakers who have spent their whole careers trying to nail down a vision of New York. As a result, New York is maybe the most iconicized, rhapsodized, and oversized city on film. But true to his affable reputation, the late Jonathan Demme avoided fixation. Demme was a Long Island kid who named his... Read more »
- The A.V. Club: Great Job, Internet!: The story behind the revolutionary slogan Jonathan Demme hid in his movies
- Variety: Robyn Hitchcock Remembers Jonathan Demme: ‘He Was the Anti-Video-Generation Director’
- Denver Post: Oscar winner Jonathan Demme, who died at 73, was the last of the great journeyman directors
- Latino Review: The Silence Of The Lambs Director Jonathan Demme Passes Away
Emilia Clarke states that Alden Ehrenreich is magnificent and that the Han Solo spin-off is even more secretive than Game of Thrones.
- IGN Movies: Emilia Clarke Says Talking Han Solo Film 'Scarier' Than GoT
- We Got This Covered: Emilia Clarke Is Afraid To Talk About The Han Solo Film
- Moviefone: 'Game of Thrones': 'There Are Huge Spoilers Online,' Says Nikolaj Coster-Waldau
- Moviefone: A 'Game of Thrones' Linguistics Course Will Soon Be Taught UC Berkeley
Mike Myers has hinted that he and director Jay Roach may be reuniting to make the long-awaited Austin Powers 4.
- Cinema Blend: The Austin Powers Joke Mike Myers Is Really Happy Worked
- We Got This Covered: Mike Myers Still Interested In Austin Powers 4
- Screen Crush: Mike Myers Would Definitely Maybe Make Another 'Austin Powers' Movie
- ScreenRant: Mike Myers Still Wants To Do Austin Powers 4
According to Variety The Chronicles of Narnia: The Silver Chair has finally found a director, Captain America: The First Avenger and Jumanji helmer Joe Johnston. Looking at Joe Johnston’s credits he could be a good fit for this, although he has had his ups the downs (looking at you Jurassic Park III). The new movie, […] Read Joe Johnston Will Direct The Chronicles of Narnia: The Silver Chair on Filmonic.
- Latino Review: Joe Johnston To Direct Chronicles Of Narnia Revival The Silver Chair
- AintItCool: General Joe Johnston to takes THE SILVER CHAIR in Narnia!!!
- Screen Crush: 'Captain America' Director Joe Johnston Climbing Onto 'Narnia: The Silver Chair' Revival
- MovieWeb: Chronicles of Narnia: The Silver Chair Gets Captain America Director
"This is all in service of allowing the actors… to enter into the 'universe'." If you haven't realized, Adam Savage is a huge movie geek. Not only has he worked on movies, but he loves to be a part of them and learn about all the behind-the-scenes trickery that makes them so magical. The latest video from his web series Tested goes behind-the-scenes of Ridley Scott's Alien: Covenant. Savage goes on set and examines some of the impressive set pieces, including the Engineer's chair inside the main Dreadnought ship.
As a big fan of THE HOST and SNOWPIERCER, I've been eagerly anticipating Bong Joon Ho's next project OKJA. The film - which will stream on Netflix - released a trailer a while ago, and seems to be about a little girl who befriends a giant monster, and must protect it from an evil corporation led by Tilda Swinton. Now Netflix has released a viral video (in the guise a of a commercial for the... Read More...
So, like it says in the headline, THE BOONDOCK SAINTS are indeed getting their own TV show. We can add that to the list of the growing sub-genre that includes 12 MONKEYS, LETHAL WEAPON, and the recently concluded BATES MOTEL. They even got the original writer director Troy Duffy on board! What's strange, though, is that it's called BOONDOCK SAINTS: ORIGIN, which doesn't make much... Read More...
- Dark Horizons: “Boondock Saints: Origins” TV Series Planned
- We Got This Covered: The Boondock Saints: Origins Coming To Television
- The A.V. Club: Newswire: Who wants to drop $600 on a box set of the Boondock Saints TV show?
World War Z is one troubled franchise. The first film was infamous for its production woes, as well as its completely re-shot ending. The end result wasn’t a bad film — in fact, it turned out as a fairly solid zombie flick — but there was a distinct, disjointed feel to it that was hard to put one’s finger on. Yet despite its issues, the film went on to do solid business at the box office.However, it seems like any issues with the first film have now carried on to World War Z 2 — at leat, up until this point.
Batman. The name alone is likely to immediately conjure up images of the caped and cowled crusader grappling across the rooftops of Gotham City, or feeding criminals knuckle sandwiches in a dark Gotham back alley.
- We Got This Covered: Val Kilmer Would “Love To” Play Batman Again
- Coming Soon: Emma Watson Would Love to Do a Beauty and the Beast Sequel
- JoBlo: Yeah, baby! Mike Myers says he'd love to do another Austin Powers film
Michael Mann is teaming up with author Reed Farrel Coleman to write a prequel for his 1995 action classic Heat.
Before I get into the synopsis for tonight’s episode, I’d like to give props to whomever decided to use this title for the episode. Return To Riverdale was also the alternate title for the made for TV movie/pilot for a show that never came to be that aired in the 90s. Anyway, according to TV Guide this week’s episode is as follows: “Despite Betty being overwhelmed with overseeing Homecoming and Reunion weekend, Alice wants her to help with the Jason Blossom investigation. And Betty is not happy to learn that Veronica and Archie are helping Alice.
It is a horrorific death by picture kind of day here at ScreenAnarchy. Dimension Films’ new horror thriller Polaroid opens in U.S. theaters nation-wide on August 25, 2017. We were given a poster to share with you, a larger version is below. Polaroid is the feature film debut of Norwegian filmmaker Lars Klevberg. It is also the feature length adaptation of his short film from 2015 by the same name.
Eugenio Derbez is a household name in Mexico.And one day, Salma Hayek wanted to work with her good friend on a project. And How to Be a Latin Lover was that project.The film follows a rich woman seducer, who gets dumped for a younger man after twenty-five years of marriage.
- IndieWire: ‘The Circle’ and ‘Latin Lover’ Open to Box Office That’s Already Counting Down to Marvel’s ‘Guardians Vol. 2’
- The A.V. Club: Movie Review: Subtitles can’t dispel the late-Sandler vibe of How To Be A Latin Lover
- Variety: Film Review: ‘How to Be a Latin Lover’
- Latino Review: How To Be A Latin Lover: Raphael Alejandro Says It's All Fun With Everybody In The Film
A storm is coming. The gods are restless. The battle between the past and the future is upon us. The long–anticipated adaptation of Neil Gaiman’s novel American Gods is finally landing on April 30, 2017 on Starz and it’s about damn time. This best-selling fantasy story has been brought to life by series co-creator and showrunner Bryan Fuller, geek royalty who is no stranger to macabre humor and mind-bending visual storytelling (Hannibal and Pushing Daisies, anyone?).
Sony Pictures President of Worldwide Distribution Rory Bruer is resigning his post and moving into a part-time advisory role by the end of 2017, TheWrap has learned. The well-liked veteran — who has spent the whole of his 40-year career on the Sony lot — made the announcement in a memo that was supplemented by Josh Greenstein, Sony Pictures President of Worldwide Marketing and Distribution. Bruer’s position will not be replaced.
The 2017 Cannes Film Festival has added seven more films to its lineup, including Roman Polanski‘s “D’après une histoire vraie” (“Based on a True Story”), Cannes organizers announced on Monday. Other additions include films by Ruben Ostlund, Santiago Mitre and Barbet Schroeder. Polanski’s film stars Eva Green and Emmanuelle Seigner in the story of a writer who becomes involved with an obsessive fan.
WARNING: Spoilers for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 follow – James Gunn is hoping to make Sylvester Stallone an integral part of the MCU’s future. When Marvel ended the first Guardians of the Galaxy film with just the vague promise that the group would go on to do both a little bit of bad and a little bit of good, it wasn’t especially clear what the future of the team actually was. But to his credit, writer and director James Gunn has used this year’s Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.
According to THR, actor and soldier Michael Mantenuto has died from an apparent suicide, just a few weeks before what would have been his 36th birthday. He was found in his car on Monday, April 24 and his death was ruled to be from a self-inflicted gunshot wound. Mantenuto was born May 13, 1981 in Holliston Massachusetts. His mother was a therapist and his father an assistant principal and hockey coach.
"If you knew someone was going to die, would you try and save them?" Chiller Films has debuted the official trailer for a horror film titled Camera Obscura, arriving in theaters this June. The film is about a veteran war photographer who returns from Afghanistan with PTSD. His girlfriend gives him an old camera, which he starts shooting with, only to discover (when he develops the film) that it takes photos of imminent deaths. It's kind of like Final Destination, but with a camera. Christopher Denham stars, with Nadja Bobyleva, Catherine Curtin, Chase Williamson, and Noah Segan.
Going into the weekend The Fate of the Furious is already at $965.6 million worldwide and as early as Friday the film might hit $1 billion. The Fate of the Furious scored $158.1 million in 65 countries last weekend, down from its all-time record breaking $437.2 million opening. Including Wednesday the film is up to […] Read International Box Office: The Fate of the Furious Races Past $950 Million on Filmonic.
- Hollywood Reporter: India Box Office: Will 'Baahubali 2' Set Records?
- The Wrap: Why This Summer’s Box Office Could Break All-Time Record
The pleasingly self-aware and fast-paced “Dabka” begins with narration by journalist Jay Bahadur (Evan Peters) telling us that he hates movies where the main character narrates because that means that the screenwriters haven’t done their job to make the story work on a visual basis.
CinemaSins has targeted J.K. Rowling’s Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them in their latest video, detailing “everything wrong” with the Harry Potter prequel. The YouTube channel has almost 2 billion views and is notorious for delivering cutting analyses of mainstream movies and concluding with tallies of how many “sins” those movies have racked up. Some fare better than others, with last year’s Deadpool receiving a fittingly ironic treatment from the CinemaSins crew, scoring just 90 sins.
- We Got This Covered: Chris Pratt Confirms That Cowboy Ninja Viking Will Still Be “Fantastic”
Getty/Netflix Welcome to Comedy Now, a weekly column cataloging what comedy fans should know about what’s available in the streaming world. Whether it’s a brand new special, an old classic, or the oddball show that defies categorization, we’ll list as many as we can for your enjoyment right here. Who knows? We may even throw in a few non-streamable bits on occasion, like tour announcements from our favorite comics.
Rian Johnson will bring us his entry in the STAR WARS universe this December from a script that’s been lauded by the likes of J.J. Abrams and others who’ve read it. That’s high praise, and Johnson’s work was supposedly continuing into the story treatment of EPISODE IX. Turns out that is no longer the case, as Johnson has confirmed he has done no work for the... Read More...
"We see kids run off like this every day…" Gunpowder & Sky have debuted another official trailer for an Australian horror-thriller titled Hounds of Love. The film is set in Perth, Australia in the 1980s and is actually based on the true story of a crime known as the Moorhouse Murders. We also posted the first US trailer one month ago, but here's another one for those interested. Ashleigh Cummings, Emma Booth, Stephen Curry star, along with Susie Porter, Damian de Montemas and Harrison Gilbertson.
While it’s still more than a year away from releasing to general audiences, James Wan’s upcoming Aquaman movie is shaping up to be just as star-studded as any comic book film in recent memory.
‘Harry Potter’ stars Emma Watson and Bonnie Wright reunited at the Tribeca Film Festival
- Screen Crush: Bonjour, Hot Toys' Emma Watson Belle Figure
Fargo has a history of bleak, black humor and sudden, shocking violence, which is key to its grimdark charm. So, if you thought dropping an air conditioner on a man's head from three stories up was a wee over-the-top, even for this show... welp, this may not be the week to invite grandma and the little ones over for a screening.If last week's episode was pure table setting, this week we get delicious appetizers, as the tension rises and the conflicts are cranked a little tighter, yet very little actually transpires.
Photo Courtesy of the CW. Arrow returns from its hiatus. Will tonight's episode match the level of anticipation from the recently released sizzle reel? Read on to find out the good and the bad from this week's episode:Good: Chase Is Still Missing -- It is a subtle detail, but a good one. As much as I like to see Chase, and Prometheus, having him missing from this episode shows just how advanced he is.
- Bleeding Cool: Can Oliver Save Felicity From Herself? Arrow Returns Strong
"When hate divides, hope remains." Samuel Goldwyn Films has revealed the first trailer for the film titled Gook, which is a derogatory slang word in America used to describe Asians. The film is directed by Korean American filmmaker/actor Justin Chon, and is about two Korean American kids living in Los Angeles in the early 1990s. It's set against the backdrop of the infamous L.A. Riots during 1992. Starring Justin Chon and David So, as well as Simone Baker, Curtiss Cook Jr., Sang Chon, Omono Okojie, Ben Munoz, Cesar Garcia, Isaiah Jarel, and Kirlew Vilbon.
After three straight days of talks, contract negotiations between the Writers Guild of America and the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers may go down to the wire. Individuals with knowledge of the situation have told TheWrap that talks will likely continue through the weekend, and may even go beyond the May 1st deadline should both sides agree they are close to making a deal. Extensions of talks in labor negotiations are common — In 2014 for instance, SAG-AFTRA and Hollywood producers agreed to a 24-hour extension less than an hour before the existing pact ran out in ord
Apparently, Deadpool left a lot of sex scenes on the cutting room floor, and star Morena Baccarin is glad they stayed there. Baccarin, of course, plays Vanessa, an escort Wade (Ryan Reynolds) meets in a bar. The two quickly spark up a relationship, and Wade proposes one year later. In between, their relationship is portrayed through various sex scenes during different holidays: Christmas, Valentine’s Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Chinese New Year, International Women’s Day, Lent, the whole shebang.
- We Got This Covered: Deadpool’s Marathon Sex Scene Was Originally Even Longer
Sony Corp. CEO Kazuo Hirai has been criss-crossing the Pacific in recent months, making frequent visits to its Culver City, California, lot as the venerable film studio searches for a successor to outgoing Sony Entertainment CEO Michael Lynton. And that’s a priority since a weak fourth quarter — and year — from the company’s studio weighed down its most recent earnings report. Late Thursday night Los Angeles time, Sony reported revenue of $17 billion and earnings of 19 cents a share for the three months ended March 31, which the company classifies as its fiscal fourth q
"Did you, by chance, open the book?" XLrator Media has debuted the first official trailer for an interesting genre mashup titled Residue, a neo-noir thriller mixed with supernatural horror. The story follows a private investigator who reads a book of sinister origins owned by seedy crime lord. This (think Evil Dead) puts his daughter and himself in a fight for their lives, and their eternal souls. Starring James Clayton as Luke Harding, as well as Matt Frewer, Michael Matic, Costas Mandylor, Alika Autran, Dan Payne, William B.
- Coming Soon: Residue Exclusive Photo and Poster Premiere
1. Fate Of The Furious, TheGross: $38,408,415Total: $163,304,635
2. Boss Baby, TheGross: $12,712,144Total: $136,954,014
3. Beauty And The BeastGross: $9,662,645Total: $470,787,029
4. Going In StyleGross: $4,910,895Total: $31,671,738
5. Smurfs: The Lost VillageGross: $4,880,377Total: $33,418,362