Top Movie News for June 27, 2016
I keep hearing something about hitting a wall but from where I stand I just don’t see it, I mean this is the best trailer released so far for Star Trek Beyond. “The crew of the USS Enterprise, halfway into their five-year mission, are attacked by a seemingly unstoppable wave of unknown aliens forcing them to […] Read The Final Trailer for Star Trek Beyond Hits a Wall on Filmonic.
- Badass Digest: STAR TREK BEYOND’s Final Trailer Is Here!
- Moviefone: Final 'Star Trek Beyond' Trailer Goes Dark With Haunting Rihanna Song
- Cinema Blend: Final Star Trek Beyond Trailer Is Explosive And Exciting, Watch It Now
- Entertainment Weekly: Final 'Star Trek Beyond' trailer features new Rihanna song
- Latino Review: Final Trailer for 'STAR TREK BEYOND' is HERE!
- Screen Crush: 'Star Trek Beyond' Trailer: Shipwrecked on the Final Frontier
- JoBlo: Final trailer for Justin Lin's Star Trek Beyond makes some noise
- Fandango Movie Blog: Watch: A New Rihanna Song Busts Out in the Final Trailer for 'Star Trek Beyond'
- FirstShowing.net: Watch: Final Trailer for 'Star Trek Beyond' Featuring a Rihanna Song
- Cinema Blend: You'll Never Guess Who's Behind Star Trek Beyond's Pop Single
- Coming Soon: New Star Trek Beyond Trailer Debuts Featuring New Rihanna Song
- IndieWire: ‘Star Trek Beyond’ New Trailer: Rihanna’s ‘Sledgehammer’ Debuts Alongside Trippy Footage
- USA Today: Rihanna drops new song 'Sledgehammer' in 'Star Trek Beyond' trailer
- Hollywood Reporter: Rihanna Debuts Ballad "Sledgehammer" in New 'Star Trek Beyond' Trailer
- Hollywood Reporter: 'Star Trek' Oral History: When Captain Kirk Fought Jesus
- Shockya: Star Trek Beyond Gets A New Theatrical Trailer
- Vulture: Rihanna’s ‘Sledgehammer’ Debuts on the Latest Star Trek Beyond Trailer, Because in Space, Everyone Can Hear You Croon
- Dark Horizons: Third Trailer: "Star Trek Beyond"
- We Got This Covered: Bryan Fuller Outlines Star Trek TV Reboot, Talks Casting And Filming Plans
- Comic Book Movie: Full Track List For The STAR TREK BEYOND Original Motion Picture Soundtrack Released
- Comic Book Movie: Apparently Warner Bros. Is Courting STAR TREK BEYOND Director Justin Lin To Helm Their Live-Action AKIRA Movie
- ScreenRant: Star Trek Beyond Soundtrack List & Cover Art Revealed
- Bleeding Cool: Renegades Fan Series Removes Star Trek Elements In The Wake Of New Guidelines
- MovieWeb: Star Trek Beyond Soundtrack Details & Cover Art Unveiled
- SlashFilm: See ‘Star Trek Beyond’ Early as Part of the AMC Theatres Star Trek Marathon
- Comic Book Movie: Check Out The Action-Packed New Trailer For Justin Lin's STAR TREK BEYOND
- SlashFilm: ‘Star Trek Beyond’ Trailer: Rihanna Chimes In With a New Single
- Bleeding Cool: Rihanna Backs New Star Trek Beyond Trailer With New Song
- HitFix: 'Star Trek Beyond's' dramatic trailer debuts Rihanna's new single
- JoBlo: Binge Watchin' TV Review: Star Trek: The Next Generation
Last week, I bought my ticket and settled in for Independence Day: Resurgence with some trepidation. After all, the publicity machine had been silent and there were no really screenings for critics. The belated sequel to director Roland Emmerich‘s 1996 alien invasion film was opening in theaters showcasing all of the telltale signs of stinker. The only thing missing was literal smell lines wafting out of the poster in the lobby. And then the credits began to roll and I was pleasantly surprised. I liked Independence Day: Resurgence! I had a good time with it!
- Deadline: ‘Independence Day Resurgence’ Lands With $102M Overseas Start; ‘Dory’ Nears $400M WW – Intl Box Office Update
- Coming Soon: Finding Dory Wins Second Weekend Against Independence Day: Resurgence
- Variety: ‘Independence Day: Resurgence’ Hits $102 Million Internationally
- IGN Movies: Independence Day: Resurgence Disappoints at Box Office
- IndieWire: Top 10 Box Office Takeaways: Why ‘Finding Dory’ Sequel Drowned ‘Independence Day: Resurgence’
- HitFix: 'Independence Day: Resurgence' Review
- Comic Book Movie: BOX OFFICE: INDEPENDENCE DAY: RESURGENCE Flounders As FINDING DORY Remains On Top This Weekend
- Comic Book Movie: INDEPENDENCE DAY: RESURGENCE Director Roland Emmerich Believes Marvel And DC Movies Are Ripping Him Off
- Entertainment Weekly: Weekend box office: 'Independence Day: Resurgence' debuts at No. 2
- Screen Crush: Weekend Box Office Report: 'Independence Day: Resurgence' Is No Match For 'Finding Dory'
- ScreenRant: Independence Day: Resurgence Opens with $102 Million Internationally
- The Wrap: 5 Reasons Why ‘Independence Day: Resurgence’ Bombed
- Latino Review: 'FINDING DORY' Dominates Domestic Box Office in Its 2nd Weekend, 'INDEPENDENCE DAY: RESURGENCE' Big At International Box Office
- Bleeding Cool: Global Box Office Opens Opportunities For Asian Actors – Talking With Independence Day: Resurgence’s Chin Han
- JoBlo: Attraction Reactions: Independence Day: Resurgence (video)
- FirstShowing.net: Review: 'Independence Day: Resurgence' a Dull Film 20 Years in the Making
- USA Today: 'Dory' sinks 'Independence Day' with $73.2M at weekend box office
- Cinema Blend: Weekend Box Office: Independence Day Implodes, Finding Dory Stays On Top
- Cinema Blend: If Independence Day 3 Is Made, It Will Be About This, According To Its Director
- Horror Society: Weekend Report: Independence Day 2 Underwhelms, The Shallows Rises to the Top…
- Hollywood Reporter: China Box Office: 'Now You See Me 2' Edges Out 'Independence Day' Sequel
- ScreenRant: Roland Emmerich: Independence Day 3 Will Be ‘Intergalactic’
- The Wrap: ‘Finding Dory’ Beats ‘Independence Day’ Sequel at Friday Box Office
- SlashFilm: ‘Independence Day 3’: Roland Emmerich Already Has an “Intergalactic Journey” in Mind
- Screen Crush: Roland Emmerich is Already Talking About 'Independence Day 3'
- MovieWeb: Independence Day 3 Will Go Intergalactic Says Director
- MovieWeb: Finding Dory Beats Independence Day 2 in Its Second Weekend in Theaters
- SlashFilm: Thank & Blame Roland Emmerich’s ‘Independence Day’ for Destruction in Marvel and DC Movies
- MovieWeb: Independence Day 2 Is Going to Flop, Even with $100M International Box Office
- Dark Horizons: "Dory" Beats "Resurgence" At Box-Office
- Dread Central: Weekend Box Office: The Shallows Rises, ID: Resurgence Sinks, and The Neon Demon Fades
And so we’ve reached the end of another season of Game of Thrones, but unlike last year, it definitely feels like real progress has been made. Cersei has taken up her wine cup once more and came out victorious.
- Variety: ‘Game of Thrones’ Finale Answers Major Question and Sets the Stage for War
- Moviefone: 'Game of Thrones' Season 6 Finale Recap: Who Died, Who's New King in 'The Winds of Winter'?
- IndieWire: Review: ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 6 Finale Unleashes Epic, Hardcore Vengeance
- Vulture: Game of Thrones Season Finale Recap: Winter Is Here
- Coming Soon: Game of Thrones Season 6 Finale Recap
- Dark Horizons: "Game of Thrones" S6 Finale Featurettes
- Film School Rejects: 7 Mostly Crazy Predictions for the Game of Thrones Season 6 Finale
- Comic Book Movie: Relive The Epic GAME OF THRONES Season Six Finale With These Featurettes & Photos
- IndieWire: ‘Game of Thrones’ Battle of the Bastards Was Fought with a Rubber Sword
- Coming Soon: Game of Thrones: House Stark’s Remaining Children
- Vulture: Let’s Discuss Tonight’s Episode of Game of Thrones, ‘The Winds of Winter’
- Deadline: ‘Game Of Thrones’: Scores Are Settled And Chaos Reigns In Thrilling Season Ender
- Moviefone: 'Game of Thrones': Lena Headey Names 'Right Person' to Kill Queen Cersei
- Moviefone: 'Game of Thrones' Season 7: Sansa & Jon Relationship 'Will Be Crucial to Watch'
- Vulture: Every Game of Thrones Episode, Ranked From Worst to Best
- We Got This Covered: Microsoft Reveals Limited Edition Game Of Thrones Themed Xbox One
- Vulture: Like You, Natalie Dormer Has Feelings About Margaery’s Fate on Game of Thrones
- Vulture: 43 Game of Thrones Actors, Plain of Clothes
- JoBlo: TV Review: Game of Thrones, Season 6, Episode 10 "The Winds of Winter"
- Film School Rejects: Game of Thrones Explained: The Winds of Winter Bring The Future
X-Men: Apocalypse opened in the United States in May; after five weeks in theaters it’s starting to wind down its domestic theatrical run. (Last weekend it grossed an estimated $2.4 million on about 1600 screens.) But while the movie is slowly vanishing from theaters here, it’s yet to even open in certain international markets, including Japan. Over there, Apocalypse doesn’t debut until August, so the film’s promotional campaign continues in full force on that side of the Pacific.
- Vulture: In a Classic Deadpool Move, Deadpool Crashed the Japanese X-Men: Apocalypse Trailer
- Cinema Blend: Even A Japanese X-Men Apocalypse Trailer Is No Match For Deadpool’s Snark
- Comic Book Movie: DEADPOOL Provides A Unique After-Credits Scene For The X-MEN: APOCALYPSE Japanese Trailer
- Entertainment Weekly: Deadpool invades Japanese 'X-Men: Apocalypse' trailer
- ScreenRant: Deadpool Drops in on Japanese X-Men: Apocalypse Trailer
- The Wrap: Watch Deadpool Crash Japanese ‘X-Men: Apocalypse’ Trailer (Video)
- Bleeding Cool: Deadpool Hijacks Japanese X-Men Apocalypse Trailer
- Comic Book Movie: DEADPOOL Sequel Expected To Start Filming Early Next Year; Fox Happy With X-MEN: APOCALYPSE Box Office
- MovieWeb: New Deadpool Post-Credit Scene Debuts with Japanese X-Men Trailer
- SlashFilm: ‘Deadpool’ Hijacks Japan’s ‘X-Men: Apocalypse’ Trailer to Take Some Shots at Fox
- Dark Horizons: Deadpool Provides "X-Men" Trailer Commentary
- MovieWeb: Deadpool 2 Begins Shooting in Early 2017
- Latino Review: 'THOR: RAGNAROK' Begins Filming on July 4, 'DEADPOOL 2' to Shoot Early Next Year
- MovieWeb: Is an Avengers & X-Men Crossover Movie Happening?
- MovieWeb: X-Men Franchise Future: What We Know
- Entertainment Weekly: 'Deadpool 2' production eyes an early 2017 start
Sunday’s BET Awards airs live from the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles, are shaping up to be an exciting television event. “Black-ish” stars Anthony Anderson and Tracee Ellis Ross return to host. Drake leads the show’s nominees with nine nods.
- IndieWire: BET Awards 2016 Live Stream: Watch The Ceremony Live Online
- Variety: BET Awards Winners: Complete List
- IndieWire: BET Awards 2016: Full BET Awards Winners List
- Variety: Beyonce Opens BET Awards in Surprise Performance With Kendrick Lamar
- Vulture: Beyoncé and Kendrick Lamar Surprise the BET Awards With a Performance of ‘Freedom’
- Vulture: Prince Tribute at the BET Awards: Jennifer Hudson, Stevie Wonder, Janelle Monáe, the Roots, and Others Perform
- Variety: BET Awards: President Debra Lee Thought of Prince Tribute ‘Since the Moment That He Passed Away’
- IndieWire: Watch: Jesse Williams’s Fierce BET Awards Speech is Life-Changing
- Deadline: ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Star Jesse Williams Gives Impassioned Speech On Civil Rights & Police Violence At BET Awards
- Deadline: BET Awards Winners: ‘Straight Outta Compton’, Beyonce, Michael B. Jordan & More
- Vulture: Watch Jesse Williams’s Powerful Speech on Racism and Black Lives Matter at the BET Awards
- Moviefone: Watch Jesse Williams's Powerful Speech at 2016 BET Awards
- Variety: Watch: Jesse Williams Gives Stirring Speech About Racism at BET Awards
In the new trailer for Morgan, Kate Mara plays a woman from corporate sent to investigate a research facility’s artificial life form. The creation, known as Morgan, appears to be a young woman, but she has enhanced abilities thanks to her engineered DNA. She also seems to have impulse control issues, as the trailer demonstrates. Click here to view the embedded video. Morgan opens on September 2nd. Morgan Is Still Evolving In New Trailer
- Coming Soon: Morgan Movie Trailer: Take a New Look at the Sci-Fi Thriller
- IndieWire: New ‘Morgan’ Trailer: Kate Mara & Paul Giamatti Battle Artificial Intelligence In the Ridley Scott-Produced Sci-Fi Thriller
- Badass Digest: Check Out The Creepy Full-Length Trailer For MORGAN
- Shockya: Morgan’s Official Trailer Shows Kate Mara Investigating a Terrifying Accident
- We Got This Covered: Rogue AI Runs Amok In Thrilling New Trailer For Luke Scott Sci-Fi Morgan
- Deadline: ‘Morgan’ Trailer: Kate Mara Stars In Ridley Scott-Produced Sci-Fi Thriller
- Dark Horizons: Full Trailer: Kate Mara In "Morgan"
- Latino Review: New Full Trailer for MORGAN is HERE!
- SlashFilm: ‘Morgan’ Trailer: Scientists Play God, With Predictably Horrifying Results
- FirstShowing.net: Must Watch: Full Trailer for Mysterious New Sci-Fi Thriller 'Morgan'
- Screen Crush: Meet Anya Taylor-Joy's 'Morgan' in New Trailer For the Sci-Fi Thriller
- Entertainment Weekly: Kate Mara takes on bioengineered life gone wrong in 'Morgan' trailer
- JoBlo: Science breeds a horrific being in the new trailer for Morgan
“The Neon Demon” director Nicolas Winding Refn would love to adapt a comic book story for the big screen, and would be particularly interested in directing a Batgirl movie. “God, I would love to make one, it would probably be great fun,” Refn told Business Insider. “I just don’t know when it’s going to happen.
- IndieWire: Arthouse Audit: A24’s ‘Swiss Army Man’ Slices ‘The Neon Demon’
- Chud: The Drew Reviews Podcast — Episode 89: THE NEON DEMON
- Vulture: The Female Cinematographers of Neon Demon, Creed, and Dope Discuss Their Experiences in a Male-Dominated Field
- Dark Horizons: Refn Keen To Do A "Batgirl" Movie
- We Got This Covered: Is The World Ready For A Nicolas Winding Refn-Directed Batgirl Movie?
- Cinema Blend: The Surprising Indie Director Who Wants To Make A Batgirl Movie
- IndieWire: Nicolas Winding Refn Wants to Make a Batgirl Movie and Truly Be ‘Reborn as a 16-Year-Old Girl’
- ScreenRant: Drive Director Nicolas Winding Refn Wants to Make a Batgirl Movie
- MovieWeb: Drive Director Wants to Make a Batgirl Movie
- Latino Review: Nicholas Winding Refn Interested in Directing a BATGIRL Film
- SlashFilm: Nicolas Winding Refn Wants to Make a ‘Batgirl’ Movie
- JoBlo: Nicolas Winding Refn is interested in directing a Batgirl movie
The BFG — or “Big Friendly Giant” — spends his days in Giant Country, collecting dreams from a magical tree and distributing them to the people of the world. He seems like just the sort of character who would appeal to Steven Spielberg, a big friendly giant of the film world whose work has stimulated the imaginations of millions of moviegoers. But Spielberg doesn’t fully communicate that appeal with his film version of The BFG, which contains a fair amount of lovely images but may be the director’s most listless and dramatically inert movie in decades. Continue reading…
- USA Today: Steven Spielberg's 'bittersweet' 'BFG'
- USA Today: New BFFs Spielberg, Rylance team up for 'The BFG' and big things beyond
- ScreenRant: Steven Spielberg’s Ready Player One Casts Killjoys’ Star
- Dark Horizons: "BFG," "Tarzan" Looking To Open Softly
- USA Today: Exclusive scene: 'The BFG' in the Queen's palace
- USA Today: 'BFG' giants talk unflattering suits, flatulence
- Cinema Blend: This Rotten Week: Predicting The BFG, The Legend Of Tarzan And The Purge: Election Year Reviews
- Moviefone: 8 Things You Should Know Before You See Disney's 'The BFG'
- ScreenRant: The BFG Clips Reveal the Wonders & Dangers of Giant Country
- JoBlo: Review: The BFG
- MovieWeb: First BFG Clips Introduce Fleshlumpeater & Phizzwizard
At the start of the year, we brought you word that director McG (TERMINATOR SALVATION, 3 DAYS TO KILL) was in talks to direct Sony's MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE reboot, and it sounds like he has landed the gig, based on a recent tweet by THE LEGEND OF HERCULES and THE EXPENDABLES 3 actor Kellan Lutz. Late last week, Lutz took to his Twitter account to reveal that he has met with the filmmaker and producer Mary... Read More...
- Comic Book Movie: It Sounds Like Kellan Lutz Is Up For A Role In McG's MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE Movie
- IGN Movies: Masters of the Universe: Twilight's Kellan Lutz May Star
- SlashFilm: Kellan Lutz Is in the Running for ‘Masters of the Universe’
- ScreenRant: Masters of the Universe: Kellan Lutz in the Running for He-Man
- MovieWeb: Kellan Lutz Wanted as He-Man in Masters of the Universe?
- Screen Crush: Kellan Lutz Could Be He-Man in McG's 'Masters of the Universe'
- Cinema Blend: The Masters Of The Universe Reboot Might Cast A Twilight Actor As He-Man
- Entertainment Weekly: 'Masters of the Universe': 6 actors who should play the next He-Man
The LEGO Movie was a smash when it came out in 2014. It established a particular tone, look, and set a precedent when it came to its voice cast. That film featured Chris Pratt, Elizabeth Banks, Morgan Freeman, Will Ferrell, Will Arnett, Channing Tatum, and more.
- Vulture: Some Very Funny People Are Lending Their Voices to The Lego Ninjago Movie
- Coming Soon: Voice Cast for The LEGO Ninjago Movie Revealed
- Badass Digest: Meet The Cast Of The Lego NINJAGO Movie
- We Got This Covered: Jackie Chan, Dave Franco Headline Voice Cast For The LEGO Ninjago Movie
- Dark Horizons: "LEGO Ninjago Movie" Cast List Revealed
- SlashFilm: Lego’s ‘Ninjago Movie’ Voice Cast Includes Jackie Chan, Dave Franco and More
- Comic Book Movie: Jackie Chan And ANT-MAN Star Michael Peña Among The All-Star Voice Cast Of THE LEGO NINJAGO Movie
- ScreenRant: LEGO Ninjago Movie Voice Cast Includes Jackie Chan & More
Though fans of the DC Extended Universe are eagerly awaiting the arrival of Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice on home media, many moviegoers have turned their attention to this summer’s Suicide Squad. Placing the spotlight on a collection of the Worst. Heroes. Ever., David Ayer’s franchise installment has steadily been building positive buzz since the first trailer came out a year ago.
- Comic Book Movie: The Bad Guys Assemble On A New SUICIDE SQUAD Theater Standee; Official Runtime Revealed
- IGN Movies: 13 Creepy, Awesome Suicide Squad Cosplay Photos
- Cinema Blend: Suicide Squad Surprises Us With New Footage Snuck Inside This Official Music Video
- We Got This Covered: Report: Suicide Squad Runtime Clocks In At 130 Minutes
- Comic Book Movie: Jared Leto Talks More About Playing The Joker In SUICIDE SQUAD And Teases Comic-Con Appearance
- ScreenRant: Suicide Squad: Jared Leto Says Joker Is ‘Role of a Lifetime’
- Entertainment Weekly: 'Suicide Squad' debuts 'Sucker for Pain' video with Imagine Dragons
- Latino Review: Jared Leto Talks Playing the Joker in 'SUICIDE SQUAD'
- Latino Review: RUMOR: 'SUICIDE SQUAD' Runtime Revealed?
Coming off of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, John Boyega is now a huge Hollywood star. However, you probably remember first seeing him in the Edgar Wright-produced film Attack The Block (we certainly do). It is hard to believe that its been five years since Attack the Block hit theaters. And we’ve been waiting for director Joe Cornish to make a follow-up. And over the weekend on Twitter John Boyega teased that he may be reteaming with Cornish on a new project.
- ScreenRant: John Boyega Teases New Film Project with Attack the Block Director
- Entertainment Weekly: John Boyega teases 'something new' with 'Attack the Block' director
- Screen Crush: John Boyega Teases Reunion With 'Attack the Block' Director
- MovieWeb: John Boyega Teases New Movie with Attack the Block Director
- IndieWire: John Boyega Hints at Upcoming Collaboration with ‘Attack the Block’ Director Joe Cornish
- Badass Digest: John Boyega Says He’s Reuniting With ATTACK THE BLOCK Director Joe Cornish
- Dark Horizons: Boyega & "Block" Director To Re-Team?
Hollywood doesn’t have a good track record when it comes to adapting anime/manga properties for the big screen, as evidenced by the underwhelming box office returns (and at best lukewarm, at worst hostile, critical reactions) for such live-action films as Dragonball: Evolution and Speed Racer, as well as the animated Astro Boy – all three of which hit theaters in the late 2000s, as it were.
- IndieWire: Justin Lin In Talks To Direct ‘Akira’ Live-Action Adaptation — Report
- Badass Digest: Sounds Like Justin Lin May Direct That Live-Action AKIRA Remake
- Comic Book Movie: Is WB Courting Justin Lin To Direct AKIRA?
- SlashFilm: Warner Bros. Wants Justin Lin to Direct the Live-Action ‘Akira’ Adaptation
- Latino Review: Justin Lin Being Eyed to Direct 'AKIRA'
- Fandango Movie Blog: Rumor Patrol: Will 'Fast & Furious' Director Helm 'Akira' Remake?
Blake Lively fights a shark. What have you ever done?Continue reading on Film School Rejects »
- Dark Horizons: Review: The Shallows
- We Got This Covered: Exclusive Interview: Jaume Collet-Serra Talks The Shallows
- Chud: Movie Curiosities: The Shallows
- The Wrap: ‘Finding Dory’ Stays Afloat at No. 1, ‘The Shallows’ Doubles Expectations
- The Wrap: Here’s Why ‘The Shallows’ Caused a Feeding Frenzy at the Box Office
Since HBO canceled their ’70s-et, music-infused series Vinyl, it’s up to Netflix and Moulin Rouge director Baz Luhrmann to bring us back to the decade with their new series The Get Down. A quick new trailer has just arrived featuring new footage, and more importantly, some of the new music from rap artist Nas that we’ll be hearing in the series. Watch The Get Down trailer after the jump. As a huge fan of the kind of fantastical stories Baz Luhrmann tells on the big screen, from William Shakespeare’s Romeo + Juliet to The Great Gatsby, I can’t wait to see what he
- Badass Digest: THE GET DOWN, Baz Luhrmann’s Netflix Series, Gets A New Trailer
- We Got This Covered: Watch New York Spring To Life In First Trailer For Baz Luhrmann’s Netflix Series The Get Down
- IndieWire: ‘Or Die Trying’ Looks to Use Web Series to Advance Women in Film
- Dark Horizons: New Trailer: Baz Luhrmann's "Get Down" Series
- Latino Review: Trailer For Baz Lurhmann's Ambitious Netflix Project 'THE GET DOWN' Is HERE!
A new Spider-Man: Homecoming rumor arrives in an odd place, setting off speculation that a fan-favorite Marvel villain is coming to the big screen.
- Latino Review: 'SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING': Carnage Coming to the Film?
- ScreenRant: Animated Spider-Man Writers Promise ‘Unique Filmgoing Experience’
- Latino Review: Rumors of a 'SPIDER-MAN' Movie Universe Not Dead -- Silver Sable Film in the Works?
- MovieWeb: Silver Sable Movie to Be First Spider-Man Spinoff at Sony?
- Screen Crush: Sony Is Planning A 'Spider-Man' Cinematic Universe (Again)
- Comic Book Movie: 6 Potentially Amazing SPIDER-MAN Spinoff Movies We Actually Want To See From Sony
When Marvel began producing its superhero movies in-house with Iron Man in 2008, with the intention of launching the Marvel Cinematic Universe, the excitement was slightly undercut by the realization that so many key properties were in the possession of separate studios like Sony, 20th Century Fox, and Universal.
- Dark Horizons: Rumors Of A Marvel and Fox Arrangement?
- Cinema Blend: How A Marvel And Fox Deal Could Really Boost The MCU
- Comic Book Movie: 20th Century Fox Reportedly Considering Some Sort Of Team-Up With Marvel Studios
- Screen Crush: Rumor: Fox and Marvel Are Getting Friendly
Another huge weekend for Finding Dory! Pixar's friendly little blue fish was able to tread water at #1 for a second weekend as FINDING DORY prevailed at the box office with an estimated $73.2 million! The sequel to FINDING NEMO dropped only 46% from its opening last week and has reached a 10-day domestic of $286.5 million, which puts it on track to pass the $403 million of CAPTAIN AMERICA:... Read More...
Over the years, much has been made among both fans and Hollywood insiders about just how tightly controlled an operation Marvel Studios runs. It’s no secret that company executives like Kevin Feige are heavily involved in the overall creative climate and progression of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and that those executives have been more than willing to overrule the director of one of their films about what does and doesn’t make the final cut of a given MCU movie.
- Comic Book Movie: THOR: RAGNAROK Director Taika Waititi Discusses Working Relationship With Marvel And Bringing Humor To Asgard
- ScreenRant: Thor: Ragnarok Set Photos Emerge Ahead of the Start of Filming
- Comic Book Movie: First Look At The Set Of THOR: RAGNAROK Seemingly Takes Us Back To Asgard; "Several Spaceships" Being Built
- MovieWeb: First Thor 3 Photos Show Off Ragnarok Set in Australia
- Comic Book Movie: COMICS: The Original THOR Gets A New Look (And Haircut) In Latest Marvel NOW! Teaser Image
âWhat will you do when they catch you? What will you do if they break you?Â If you continue to fight, what will you become?â These are questions Saw Gerrera (Forest Whitaker) asks Jyn Erso (Felicity Jones) in the trailer for Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. They are also questions he likely...
- Cinema Blend: Why Star Wars: Rogue One May Ditch The Opening Crawl
- HitFix: What you need to know about Darth Vader and ‘Rogue One’
- JoBlo: We will see "quite a bit" of Mon Mothma in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- Comic Book Movie: ‘Mon Mothma’ Will Be Utilized In ROGUE ONE Much More Than She Was In RETURN OF THE JEDI
With The Legend of Tarzan opening, let’s look at why Margot Robbie is our latest It girl. Few new actresses have made it in Hollywood with as much impressive force as Margot Robbie. After cutting her teeth on Australian television, she came to Hollywood and almost instantly found herself holding her own alongside some of the biggest actors in the world. As Jane in this week’s The Legend of Tarzan, Tarzan’s woman has the chance for the first time to be just as exciting...Read MoreRead Comments
- Hollywood Reporter: Gwen Hiller, Wife of 'Love Story' Director Arthur Hiller, Dies at 92
- Deadline: ‘Love’ Composer Lyle Workman Talks About Netflix Series’ Eclectic Soundtrack & Jam Session Approach – Awardsline
- Variety: Why I Can’t Love Brian De Palma (Though I’ve Always Wished I Could)
- Screen Crush: Nicolas Winding Refn Would Love to Direct a 'Batgirl' Movie
This week I try to find some diamonds in the rough of Civil War Ii mania! Can Power Man Luke Cage Fly? What happened to Banner after Amadeus became the Hulk? Is Hank Pym really back? All these questions answered and more! Got a book you’ve been thinking about reading but want to know more before picking it up?
In a preview of the next episode of Preacher, Jesse meets with the angels and learns more about the force inside of him. But answers may not help him as everyone appears to be ready for a fight and he dares the angels to take the power from him. Click here to view the embedded video. Preacher airs Sundays on AMC. Jesse Learns The Truth In A Preview Of The Next Preacher
"Trust me, the night is not over." Lionsgate + Hulu have debuted a trailer for the indie comedy Joshy, which first premiered at the Sundance Film Festival. Up-and-coming actor Thomas Middleditch (seen in Being Flynn, The Wolf of Wall Street, The Bronze, The Final Girls) stars in this film as a guy named Josh(y) and it takes place at his would-be bachelor party, after his wedding is cancelled, becoming his chance to reconnect with all of his old friends.
- IndieWire: ‘Joshy’ Trailer: Thomas Middleditch & Jenny Slate Get Weird in the Sundance Comedy
- Entertainment Weekly: Thomas Middleditch throws a bizarre bachelor party in 'Joshy' trailer
- Vulture: Lionsgate and Hulu’s Joshy Follows the Fate of a Bachelor Party That’s Hopefully a Lot Sadder Than Yours Was
Jon Bernthal’s portrayal of Frank Castle / The Punisher in season two of Marvel’s Daredevil was not only one of the highlights of the critically acclaimed series, but encouraged Netflix to expand it’s deal with Marvel to give the character his own series. Bernthal talked with ADTV about Castle, what we’ve seen and what happens next. The Frank Castle you find in this story is not The Punisher. He’s reeling from the loss of his family. He’s driven by rage and is on a singular mission to find these people who took his family from him, and do it as brutally as possible.
- We Got This Covered: Jon Bernthal Reflects On Daredevil Season 2, Teases More To Come From The Punisher
- Deadline: Jon Bernthal On The Punisher’s ‘Daredevil’ Spinoff: “He’s In My Heart. I’m Ready To Keep Going With Him”
- Comic Book Movie: Jon Bernthal Says The Frank Castle Seen In DAREDEVIL Season 2 Wasn't THE PUNISHER
The season finale of The Flash had the Earth-2 Harrison Wells, his daughter Jesse “Quick” Wells and Jay Garrick of Earth-3 heading off back to Earth-2 making it look a lot like they were leaving the show for a while. Turns out, nope.
Daniel Radcliffe recently compared the UK’s vote to leave the European Union to the rise of Donald Trump in the UK, calling both terrifying. In an interview with Vulture, the “Swiss Army Man” star voiced strong negative opinions about both, saying, “It’s the worst kind of nationalism, the worst kind of patriotism, and it’s scary as s—.” Radcliffe, who had previously voiced support for the UK to remain in the EU, currently stars in “Privacy,” a play inspired by Edward Snowden which examines the vulnerability of personal information in
There may be a reasonable explanation for the absence of the original Ghostbusters in Paul Feig's upcoming reboot.
Emmy, Golden Globe, and BAFTA-nominated actor Michael Sheen has never been shy about dipping his toes into many different genres and styles over the course of his decades-long career. Sheen has played roles as varied as werewolf anti-hero Lucian in the Underworld films, a vampire elder in The Twilight Saga, journalist David Frost in Frost/Nixon, and more recently, groundbreaking sex researcher Dr. William Masters on Showtime’s critically acclaimed drama Masters of Sex.
Twenty six weeks into 2016 and Disney's year continues to impress as the studio has the #1 film at the weekend box office for the twelfth time. Finding Dory topped the weekend chart with one of the ten best second weekends of all-time as the animated feature has now grossed over $286 million domestically and nearly $400 million worldwide. As for the weekend's new wide releases, the results weren't quite as pretty as three out of the four struggled in a competitive marketplace. Independence...
On this day, June 27, in pop culture history, "Labyrinth" opened in theaters, Queen performed for the first time under their new name, the 007 Stage burnt to the ground, Disney's "Hercules" premiered, and more.http://www.hitfix.com
We’ve had two pieces of Terrence Malick news in less than a week and there’s three upcoming Malick movies to look forward to. What a time to be alive! Continue reading…
The U.S. theatrical rights to Kim A. Snyder’s documentary “Newtown” have been acquired by Abramorama, the company announced Monday. Produced by IVTS, The Orchard will handle TV (excluding PBS) and all home entertainment in North America. “Newtown” chronicles how the lives of those living in the small Connecticut town were altered forever after the mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School that took the lives of 20 elementary and six educators in 2012. Also Read: 'Newtown' Director Kim A.
The Supreme Court voted Monday to strike down Texas’s abortion regulations, and women in Hollywood are ecstatic. As TheWrap previously reported, the justices voted 5-3 to repeal restrictions that governed how abortion clinics operated. Female stars including Lena Dunham, Mindy Kaling, Olivia Wilde and Elizabeth Banks took to Twitter and Instagram to share their excitement for another step of progress for women’s rights in America. Also Read: Donald Trump Says Abortion Should Carry 'Some Form of Punishment' for Women (Video) See the social media reaction below. Crucia
Image via IGN Author's Note: This article contains spoilers for CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR.While last year's ANT-MAN didn't necessarily set the world on fire, it was a nice palate cleanse following AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON. It took the Marvel films back to a much smaller scale (pun not intended), and managed to make a film surrounding one of the most potentially laughable characters into a fun ride in the theater.
Considering David Yates' impressive track record with the Harry Potter film franchise, there's plenty of reason to be optimistic for his big summer release The Legend of Tarzan, which hits theaters this Friday. Could it be the big sleeper hit of the summer? In one week's time, we'll know. The film stars Alexander Skarsgård (True Blood) as the titular hero, Margot Robbie (Suicide Squad) as his lady love Jane, Samuel L.
The Ultimate Cut of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is released on Thursday, and Batman-News has spotted some cool new artwork for Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Forever, and Batman & Robin. While they obviously use photos from the time the movies were released, you won't actually find any of these covers on your DVD or Blu-ray copies of the Caped Crusader's first four solo outings. We all know that Batman & Robin were terrible, but how do you feel about the rest?
Aaron Sorkin has always been a bit ahead of the game. Back in the days when television was still considered a place for actors to go when their film career had dried up, Sorkin proved himself to be medium agnostic, moving between film (A Few Good Men, The American President) and television (Sports Night, The West Wing) without any drop in quality or prestige. So it shouldn’t be too surprising that Sorkin is once again looking at an emerging format, this time the virtual classroom, to share some of the things he has learned over his career. Continue reading…
The films of the acclaimed Japanese director Naomi Kawase are truly original and like no one else's. Kawase was raised in the ancient rural prefecture of Nara, and was essentially self-taught, since she lived in a place that lacked a local cinema, although she did receive formal art school training.
It's a question that's come up a lot in the last year or so:Will Fox's X-MEN Ever Crossover And Interact With Marvel's AVENGERS?And, while it was once just something a fanboy wet dream, these days it's actually a legitimate consideration.
Ewan McGregor both stars in and makes his directorial debut with American Pastoral, hitting theaters this October.
A new “Austin Powers” trailer makeover proves Mike Myers‘ goofy international man of mystery can be just as dramatic as Daniel Craig‘s James Bond. All he needed was the right music. The fan-made “modern trailer” recuts scenes from the comedic trilogy with a dramatic score, action scenes, and intense dialogue, like the moment Powers confronts his father. Also Read: Mike Myers Signs Overall Deal With HBO The “Austin Powers” films earned $473.2 million at the domestic box office collectively.
- Entertainment Weekly: Austin Powers gets a gritty, modern makeover in parody trailer
Over the past couple of years there has been a rising trend in Hollywood to cull novel narrative material from best-selling toys and video game properties that already have a rabid fan base in place, which has resulted in such blockbuster motion pictures as The LEGO Movie in 2014 and The Angry Birds Movie from last month. Following that trend, the recent announcement from the 2016 Cannes Film Festival that Tetris: The Movie is currently under development, in an exclusive deal between U.S.
1. Finding DoryGross: $73,234,746Total: $286,552,648
2. Independence Day: ResurgenceGross: $41,600,000Total: $41,600,000
3. Central IntelligenceGross: $18,370,000Total: $69,302,458
4. Shallows, TheGross: $16,700,000Total: $16,700,000
5. Free State Of JonesGross: $7,772,000Total: $7,772,000
Opening This Week
ID Forever Part I
Total Likes: --
Today's Likes: --