Top Movie News for May 29, 2015
Two months ago, we got our first tease of Starz' upcoming Ash vs Evil Dead series. Based on THE EVIL DEAD franchise, the new series will herald the return of Bruce Campbell as Ash, last seen in Sam Raimi's ARMY OF DARKNESS (not counting his cameo in 2013's EVIL DEAD). The series is currently in production in New Zealand and is set to debut this Fall on the premium cable network. Billed as a sequel to the original... Read More...
- Variety: Watch: Starz Teases ‘Evil Dead’ Sequel ‘Ash vs Evil Dead’
- Coming Soon: Starz Releases New Ash vs Evil Dead Teaser
- Shock Till You Drop: Ash is Back – The New Teaser for Ash vs. Evil Dead Revs Up
- IndieWire: Watch: Bruce Campbell is Back in Bloody New 'Ash vs. Evil Dead' Teaser
- Deadline: ‘Ash Vs Evil Dead’ Teaser: Ash Is Back With Chainsaw In Hand
- Dread Central: New Teaser Released for Ash vs. Evil Dead
- We Got This Covered: New Ash Vs Evil Dead Teaser Has A Chainsaw To Grind
- Dark Horizons: First "Ash vs. Evil Dead" Teaser Trailer
- Vulture: Ash vs. Evil Dead Teaser: 30 Years Later and Ash’s Chainsaw Is Still Very Bloody
- Horror-Movies.ca: The Chainsaw is Back in New ‘Ash vs Evil Dead’ Teaser
- SlashFilm: ‘Ash vs Evil Dead’ Teaser: Break Out the Chainsaw
- Comic Book Movie: Bloody Groovy New ASH VS. EVIL DEAD Promo
- Latino Review: Ash Is Back BABY! New Teaser For 'Ash Vs Evil Dead'
- AintItCool: ‘Ash Is Back Back. Baby!!’ Bruce Campbell’s Bloody Chainsaw Hand In Teaser For Sam Raimi’s Starz Se
- AintItCool: George A. Romero: I’ll Probably Write Most Of EMPIRE OF THE DEAD If It Goes To Series!!
- Dread Central: Mezco Announces Living Dead Dolls Series 30
Paramount Pictures Hollywood is listening. They see what you’re complaining about on the blogs and social media and are responding accordingly where they can. They’re not making a found footage Friday the 13th movie because of you. They are making a Deadpool movie because of you. And they’re going to let women have some creative involvement in major franchises because of you, too.
- The Wrap: ‘Transformers’ Spinoffs’ Hiring of 7 White Male Writers Causes Concern in Hollywood
- Cinema Blend: Bumblebee May Get A Spinoff Transformers Movie
- Coming Soon: Sweet Bessie Coleman! 20th Century Fox Plans Lumberjanes Movie
- Shock Till You Drop: Supernatural Summer Camp Comic Lumberjanes Developing as Film
- Cinema Blend: Badass Comic Lumberjanes Is Headed To The Big Screen
- Total Film: Hasbro CEO hints at Bumblebee Transformers spin-off
- The Playlist: Bumblebee Might Get His Own 'Transformers' Movie
- Screen Crush: 'Transformers' May Spin Off Bumblebee Into His Own Solo Movie
- IGN Movies: Transformers Bumblebee Spinoff Reportedly in the Works
- Entertainment Weekly: Bumblebee in 'Transformers' spin-off?
- SlashFilm: Rumor: Bumblebee Spin-Off Is in Paramount’s ‘Transformers’ Plan
- The Wrap: ‘Munchkin’ Writer Will Widger to Adapt ‘Lumberjanes’ Comic for 20th Century Fox (Exclusive)
- Bleeding Cool: The Munchkin's Will Widger To Adapt The Lumberjanes As Movie For Fox
- ScreenRant: Will Bumblebee Get a Solo ‘Transformers’ Spinoff Movie?
- MovieWeb: 'Lumberjanes' Movie Is Happening at 20th Century Fox
- ScreenRant: ‘Lumberjanes’ Live-Action Movie In Development
While William Fichtner doesn't get to receive top billing as often as I'd like, the man can always be counted upon to provide solid and memorable supporting roles. Deadline reports that Fichtner's next role is one that could expand greatly; he's set to join the ever-growing cast of the sequel to INDEPENDENCE DAY in the role of a top general. Welcoming William Fichtner... Read More...
- Coming Soon: William Fichtner Joins Independence Day 2, Two More Films Being Planned
- Dread Central: William Fichtner Beats Off Aliens in Independence Day Sequels
- MovieWeb: 'Independence Day 3' and 4 Planned, William Fichtner Joins
- Deadline: William Fichtner Gets Rank Of General In ‘Independence Day’ Sequel
- We Got This Covered: William Fichtner Takes Lead Role In Independence Day 2
- Digital Spy: Independence Day 2 casts William Fichtner as a general
- Horror-Movies.ca: William Fichtner Joins Independence Day 2
- Latino Review: Actor William Fichtner Signs On For 'Independence Day 2'
- FirstShowing.net: William Fichtner Also Cast in Emmerich's 'Independence Day' Sequel
- ScreenRant: William Fichtner Signs For Major Role In Independence Day 2, 3 & 4
- Total Film: Independence Day 2 adds William Fichtner
- Dark Horizons: Fichtner Set For "Independence Day" 2-4
- Cinema Blend: Independence Day 2 Is Adding More Movies And Key Cast Members
- Film School Rejects: Sequel Spotlight: Latest Independence Day 2 and TMNT 2 Additions
- SlashFilm: ‘Independence Day’ Sequel: Everything You Need to Know About the Cast and Story
New dinosaur footage is revealed in two international TV spots for 'Jurassic World', and you can also watch video from the Paris premiere.
- Entertainment Weekly: 'Jurassic World': Watch Chris Pratt save a worker from three raptors
- JoBlo: Watch Chris Pratt calm his raptors in this new Jurassic World clip
- We Got This Covered: LEGO Jurassic World Reveals New Trailer And Pre-Order Bonuses
- Shockya: Jurassic World Gets A New Behind-The-Scenes Featurette
- Digital Spy: New LEGO Jurassic World trailer takes fans on VIP tour of the park
- Dread Central: HBO to Give Fans a First Look at Jurassic World
- Variety: ‘Jurassic Park’ to Air on NBCU Nets Ahead of ‘Jurassic World’ Release
- Hollywood Reporter: Tour The "Completely Safe" 'LEGO Jurassic World' In New Trailer
- Cinema Blend: Watch Chris Pratt Get Goofy Warming Up For Stunts In Jurassic World
- Comic Book Movie: Watch The Paris Premiere For JURASSIC WORLD; Plus 2 New TV Spots & Collectible 3D Glasses
- The Playlist: Watch: 2 Clips And TV Spot From 'Jurassic World' Deal With A Deadly Dinosaur
- Bleeding Cool: This New Trailer Welcomes You To LEGO Jurassic World
BREAKING: Just like that, Disney has pulled the plug on the upcoming "Tron 3". Originally it was going to be the third film in the Tron series, being a follow-up to the 2010 film "Tron: Legacy". It would have seen the return of the main stars such as Olivia Wilde and Garrett Hedlund, and the return of ‘Legacy’ director Joseph Kosinski. There were even talks of Jared Leto, now working on David Ayer’s "Suicide Squad", joining the cast. But it appears as if those endeavors fell through.The film would’ve began production this fall in Vancouver.
- Hollywood Reporter: Disney Not Moving Forward With 'Tron 3' (Exclusive)
- Variety: Disney Pulls Plug on ‘Tron 3′
- Deadline: Game Over For Disney’s ‘Tron 3′
- Coming Soon: BREAKING: It’s Game Over for TRON 3
- USA Today: Reports: 'Tron 3' gets the kibosh
- Cinema Blend: Tron 3 Just Got Axed
- Badass Digest: Disney Derezzes TRON 3
- The Wrap: Disney Unplugs ‘Tron 3’ Starring Garrett Hedlund, Olivia Wilde
- SlashFilm: ‘Tron 3′ Dead at Disney
- JoBlo: Tron will no longer fight for the users; Disney pulls plug on Tron 3
- MovieWeb: 'Tron 3' Is Dead!
- ScreenRant: ‘TRON 3′ Canceled By Disney
Experience 'Mad Max: Fury Road' in a whole different way with a new trailer that shows what the movie would look like in the 1980s.
- The Playlist: Watch: 'Mad Max: Fury Road' Gets Gnarly '80s Trailer Treatment
- Digital Spy: Re-Viewed: Mad Max 2 The Road Warrior - Bigger, Bolder, Bloodier
- ScreenRant: SR Geek Picks: Retro ‘Mad Max’ Trailer, Teens vs. ’90s Sitcoms, YouTube 10th Anniversary & More
- IndieWire: Watch: 'King Fury' Short Will Make Your Brain Explode With '80s Nostalgia
- IndieWire: Watch: 'Kung Fury' Short Will Make Your Brain Explode With '80s Nostalgia
- Badass Digest: KUNG FURY Review: Exaggerated ’80s Nostalgia Done Right
- SlashFilm: VOTD: POV Shots Make the ‘Mad Max’ Franchise Intense
- Entertainment Weekly: 'Kung Fury' is the most insane, over-the-top '80s action movie you never saw
- Film School Rejects: Kung Fury is the Most Awesome ’80s Action Movie of 2015
- The Wrap: Watch ‘Kung Fury': A Crowdfunded Ode to Absurd ’80s Action (Video)
- Total Film: Watch crowdfunded ‘80s action parody Kung Fury for free
San Andreas is here, which means I’m bringing you a few clips from the disaster flick, seven this time. Call it a tiny sample of what you can expect from the movie, enjoy. “We’re about to have a major quake” are probably the last words you want to hear when standing on top of a […] Read Watch Some San Andreas Clips on Filmonic.
- AintItCool: Capone says SAN ANDREAS is a greatest hits package of disaster movie death and destruction
- Variety: ‘San Andreas’ Heads for $40 Million-Plus Opening, ‘Aloha’ Eyes $12 Million
- Deadline: ‘San Andreas’ Review: Dwayne Johnson’s Heroics Save Everything But The Script In This Disaster (Movie)
- Variety: Digital Tracking: ‘San Andreas’ to Shake Up Box Office This Weekend
- Latino Review: Video Film Review: San Andreas
- MovieWeb: 'San Andreas' Review: The Rock Delivers Big, Dumb Disaster Fun
- The Wrap: The Rock’s ‘San Andreas’ Doubles ‘Gravity’ at Thursday Night Box Office
- MovieWeb: BOX OFFICE PREDICTIONS: Will 'San Andreas' Destroy 'Tomorrowland'?
- FirstShowing.net: Review: 'San Andreas' is a Clear Indication the Disaster Movie is Dead
- Entertainment Weekly: 'San Andreas': What did the critics say?
- Film School Rejects: San Andreas Presents a Day In the Life of a Truly Shitty County Employee
Cameron Crowe's latest film, ALOHA, has not exactly been winning over the critics. Our very own JimmyO was pretty lukewarm on the film (you can read his review here) and audiences as a whole seem to be heading to SAN ANDREAS this weekend rather than Hawaii. Still, Sony is hoping they can still garner some buzz for the picture that stars Bradley Cooper, Emma Stone, Rachel McAdams, Bill Murray, Alec Baldwin, John... Read More...
- Screen Crush: Watch the First Eight Minutes of Cameron Crowe's 'Aloha'
- AintItCool: Capone sees characters searching for their souls–and a plot–in Cameron Crowe's ALOHA
- Cinema Blend: Watch The Opening Of Cameron Crowe's Aloha And Judge For Yourself
- Thompson on Hollywood: 5 Reasons to See Cameron Crowe's 'Aloha' Despite the Critical Pile-On (Plus Upbeat Reviews)
- Dark Horizons: "Aloha" Opening Online As Film Panned
- USA Today: 'Aloha' enticing you with 8 free minutes
- Moviefone: Emma Stone Facts: 13 Things You (Probably) Don't Know About the 'Aloha' Star
- Entertainment Weekly: 9 most scathing reviews of 'Aloha'
- Entertainment Weekly: Emma Stone explains how Bill Murray helped her on the set of 'Aloha'
- Entertainment Weekly: I'm not buying Emma Stone as an Asian-American in 'Aloha'
Did Memorial Day weekend throw you off enough that you missed some of the bigger entertainment stories this week? Well, don’t fret, because it’s time to take a look at the Best Stories of the Week. This week we’ve got updates on Gambit with Channing Tatum, Marvel’s developing Doctor Strange, an interview with Pete Docter about Pixar’s Inside Out, a new director for Jonny Quest, trailers for The End of the Tour and the remake of Point Break, and much more. Hit the jump to find get caught up on a week’s worth of the biggest stories. #26.
- Fandango Movie Blog: Here's a First Look at Andy Serkis in 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens'
- Coming Soon: The Star Wars News Roundup – 5.29.15
- Cinema Blend: Little Kids Dubbing The Star Wars 7 Trailer Is Too Adorable To Handle
- Total Film: New Point Break featurette brings the extreme
- The Wrap: ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2': All Signs Point to WWE Star Sheamus as Rocksteady
- Screen Crush: WookieeLeaks: Three Big Questions About 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens'
- IGN Movies: Batman's Wild Ride and Star Wars' Supreme Leader
- Fandango Movie Blog: Watch This Week's Hottest Trailers: 'Black Mass,' 'Point Break,' 'Cop Car' and More
- Latino Review: STAR WARS: Snoke Isn't Cool, First Toys Leak
There's nothing like Kung Fury! Get a load of this. There is a crazy throwback 1980's action comedy short film going around the web called Kung Fury, written & directed by David Sandberg, that you just have to see to believe. It's intense and well-made and features nazis, dinosaurs, vikings and cheesy one-liners packed into one 30 minute short. It's actually the kind of breakout cult sensation that we love coming across nowadays, because it's made with such love for all the cheesy 80's movies, but also fits perfectly in today's cinematic marketplace.
- MovieWeb: Full 'Kung Fury' Short Is Online and It's Insane!
- Coming Soon: Watch the Insane Viral Short Film Kung Fury!
- Bleeding Cool: Kung Fury Hits The Web In All Of Its 80's Glory
- AintItCool: KUNG FURY Has Hit the Web and You Must Watch it NOW!!!
- Latino Review: Film Review: 'Kung Fury'
- SlashFilm: Watch ‘Kung Fury,’ the Most Insane Half Hour of 2015
- Comic Book Movie: Forget JURRASSIC WORLD, Watch KUNG FURY Now
Lets just get this right out of the way, LOVE LETTERS TO THE DEAD is not an erotic zombie film; rather, it's an adaptation of the popular YA novel of the same name which follows a young woman as she writes a variety of letters to dead celebrities as a project for English class. I know, you're all disappointed. The Hollywood Reporter has informed us that someone well... Read More...
- Hollywood Reporter: Catherine Hardwicke in Talks to Direct 'Love Letters to the Dead' (Exclusive)
- Coming Soon: Catherine Hardwicke Plans Love Letters to the Dead
- The Wrap: Catherine Hardwicke in Talks to Direct ‘Love Letters to the Dead’ for Fox 2000
- SlashFilm: Catherine Hardwicke Directing ‘Love Letters to the Dead’
- Film School Rejects: Twilight Director Catherine Hardwicke Is Making Another Hot YA Adaptation
- The Playlist: Hou Hsiao-hsien, Catherine Hardwicke, And Will Gluck Prepping New Films
- Dark Horizons: "Sunset," "Lottery," "Letters" Get Helmers
A lot of films offer some sort of contest which provides the winner with the opportunity to attend a Hollywood premiere; while most of them are pretty run-of-the-mill, some offer something special as well as providing the winner with a great opportunity that goes beyond schmoozing with celebrities on the red carpet. Marvel, Disney, Visa, Dolby Laboratories, and Raspberry Pi have teamed up to bring us... Read More...
- Coming Soon: Evangeline Lilly Introduces Marvel’s Ant-Man Micro-Tech Challenge
- MovieWeb: Evangeline Lilly Introduces 'Ant-Man' Micro-Tech Challenge
- Hollywood Reporter: Marvel, Disney Launch 'Ant-Man Micro-Tech Challenge'
- Comic Book Movie: Evangeline Lilly Talks ANT-MAN's 'Hope Van Dyne' In Featurette For Fan Contest
- Bleeding Cool: Marvel Release A New Ant-Man Poster
- SlashFilm: Superhero Bits: Ant-Man, Suicide Squad, Preacher, Deadpool, Fantastic Four, Superman
- Entertainment Weekly: Marvel contest gives teen girls the chance to attend 'Ant-Man' premiere
This weekend marks the opening of San Andreas, in which Dwayne Johnson deals with the largest earthquake ever recorded in history. But if you’d like to enjoy his charm without the specter of catastrophic disaster, you can keep an eye out for next month’s Ballers. Johnson leads the HBO comedy as Spencer, a former football player turned financial advisor. Which might sound like a less exciting career, except that he’s serving as a financial advisor to professional athletes, so he still gets to party it up with the best of them. Watch the latest Ballers trailer after the jump.
- Deadline: Greg Kinnear To Play Joe Biden In HBO’s ‘Confirmation’, Jennifer Hudson Also Cast
- Variety: HBO Picks Up Duplass Brothers Animated Series ‘Animals’
- Deadline: HBO Gives 2-Season Order To ‘Animals’ Animated Comedy From Duplass Brothers
- Variety: Greg Kinnear, Jennifer Hudson Join HBO’s ‘Confirmation’
- IndieWire: HBO Orders Two Seasons of Duplass Brothers' Animated Series 'Animals' Following Sundance Debut
- Dark Horizons: TV News: Empire, HBO, Animals, Gotham
Deadpool star Ryan Reynolds has stated that filming for the Merc with a Mouth movie has finished. The 38-year-old actor confirmed the milestone for Deadpool on Twitter. "Deadpool has been a privilege to make," Reynolds wrote. "And we got to make this film because of you. Gonna eat a samich now. #wrapped" This isn't the first time Reynolds has unveiled big news regarding the Deadpool movie. He confirmed the Marvel and 20th Century Fox film would sport an R rating last month and showcased the first look at the antihero's costume in March. Continue reading…
- Comic Book Movie: Looks Like DEADPOOL Has Wrapped! Ryan Reynolds Thanks Fans For Their Support
- JoBlo: Ryan Reynolds confirms filming has wrapped on Deadpool
- Entertainment Weekly: Ryan Reynolds thanks fans for support as 'Deadpool' production wraps
- Dark Horizons: Production Wraps On "Deadpool" Movie
- Latino Review: Stop Your Grinnin' and Drop Your Linnin', 'Deadpool' Has Wrapped Production
- MovieWeb: 'Deadpool' Wraps Production
The main cast of Gotham's second season is getting rather large, isn't it? Chris Chalk is the latest guest star to be promoted to series regular status on the FOX show, having made a small but memorable guest appearance as 'Lucius Fox' in the late stages of Season 1. This news, revealed first by TVLine, should not come as any surprise though, as Chalk was apparently brought onto the series with an explicit 'option to return' during the sophomore season. When we last saw Mr. Fox, he had a few things to say to young Bruce about the state of Wayne Enterprises.
- Deadline: Colin Donnell Joins ‘Chicago Med’ As New Series Regular
- Coming Soon: Empire Season 2 to Premiere on FOX September 23
- Deadline: ‘The Greg Gutfeld Show’ Debuts Sunday On Fox News Channel
- Deadline: ‘Boom!’ Trailer: First Look At Fox’s Bomb-Defusing Game Show
- Variety: Bill O’Reilly Announces Second Season of Fox News’ ‘Legends and Lies’
- Deadline: James Frey Sci-Fi Book Proposal Has Fox 2000 & Publishers In Launch Mode
“Every day, a new girl turns 18,” says talent agent Riley in the trailer for “Hot Girls Wanted.” The “talent” Riley scouts are 18-to-21-year-old “teenyboppers,” whom he introduces to the amateur porn industry. The stunning documentary reveals the dark side of the subgenre, detailing how barely-legal women are recruited into uncomfortable and compromising situations.
- Deadline: ‘Hot Girls Wanted’ Trailer: Amateur Porn Doc Debuted Today On Netflix
- The Playlist: Watch: Trailer For Amateur Porn Documentary 'Hot Girls Wanted' Produced By Rashida Jones
- Entertainment Weekly: 'Hot Girls Wanted': Sneak peek at Netflix doc on amateur porn
- Variety: Watch the Disturbing Trailer for Rashida Jones’ Porn Documentary ‘Hot Girls Wanted’
- AintItCool: Netflix’s HOT GIRLS WANTED!! <br>Friday TV Talkback!!
What if your super sleeper agent is now a stoner and he doesn’t activate properly? This is the first trailer for spy comedy American Ultra. So I guess we can add American Ultra to the evergrowing list of secret agent flicks of 2015 (Kingsman, The Man From U.N.C.L.E., Spy and Spectre just to name a […] Read Jesse Eisenberg is a Stoned Cold Killer in American Ultra on Filmonic.
- MovieWeb: 'American Ultra' Trailer: Jesse Eisenberg Is a Sleeper Agent
- The Playlist: Get Baked With New Photos & Green Band Trailer For ‘American Ultra’ Starring Jesse Eisenberg & Kristen Stewart
- MTV Movies Blog: See Jesse Eisenberg And Kristen Stewart As Stoner Lovers In The ‘American Ultra’ Redband Trailer
- Moviefone: Stoner Comedy 'American Ultra' Gets Killer Red Band Trailer
- JoBlo: Witness the frying pan bullet trick in the red-band American Ultra trailer
By their very nature, henchmen fall pretty low on the hierarchy of evil. But that isn’t stopping Henchmen from scaring up an impressive cast. James Marsden and Thomas Middleditch are set to lead the voice cast of the animated supervillain comedy, along with Rosario Dawson, Nathan Fillion, Alfred Molina, and many more. Get up to speed on the Henchman voice cast after the jump. Henchmen is the first animated feature film from Bron Studios. The official synopsis reads as follows: In a world of super-villains, evil schemes and global domination… someone has to take out the Trash.
- We Got This Covered: Animated Superhero Pic Henchmen Enlists James Marsden, Nathan Fillion, Tom Middleditch And More
- The Wrap: James Marsden, Rosario Dawson and ‘Silicon Valley’s’ Thomas Middleditch to Star in Animated Film ‘Henchmen’
- Entertainment Weekly: Casting Net: James Marsden, Rosario Dawson, more lend voices to 'Henchmen'
- Coming Soon: Bron Studios Reveals Henchmen Voice Cast and Short Film!
- MovieWeb: 'Henchmen' Voice Cast Announced, Animated Short Released
Simon Pegg reveals he just turned in his script for 'Star Trek 3', one month before production begins in Vancouver.
- The Playlist: Simon Pegg Says 'Star Trek 3' Starts Shooting In 4 Weeks & The First Draft Of The Script Has Only Just Been Finished
- ScreenRant: ‘Star Trek 3′: Revised Script Finished A Month Before Filming Starts
- Digital Spy: Simon Pegg says his Star Trek 3 script is almost ready, but shooting is in a month
- Cinema Blend: Simon Pegg Shaved At Least 45 Pages Off Of Paramount's Star Trek 3 Script
- ScreenRant: ‘Deadpool’ Star Ryan Reynolds Confirms The Movie Has Finished Production
Matt Fraction and Kelly Sue DeConnick‘s deal with Universal Studios to create television series, will include a show based on The Wicked + The Divine by Kieron Gillen, Jamie McKelvie and Matt Wilson, currently published by Image Comics.One of Bleeding Cool’s favourite current comics, the series about returning gods possessing the bodies of the young, to shine brightly for a very limited time, Deadline reports that Universal Television “has optioned the rights to the property for Matt Fraction and Kelly Sue DeConnick’s Milkfed Criminal Masterminds”Deadline also points ou
- Deadline: ‘The Wicked + The Divine’ Comic To Be Adapted As TV Series By Universal TV
- Coming Soon: The Wicked + The Divine Heads to Television
- Badass Digest: Awesome Comic THE WICKED + THE DIVINE To Become A TV Show
- SlashFilm: ‘The Wicked + The Divine’ Comic Book Series Comes to TV
- Variety: Bette Midler Proves She’s Still Divine at 69 with Staples Center Show
Currently working the press circuit in support of his forthcoming comedy Spy, Jason Statham offered a few crumbs of info concerning the sequel to Layer
- JoBlo: Jason Statham confirms Layer Cake sequel is still in the works
- Dark Horizons: Statham Set For "Layer Cake" Sequel
- We Got This Covered: Jason Statham’s Layer Cake Sequel Viva La Madness Shooting Next Year
- The Playlist: Jason Statham Says 'Layer Cake' Sequel 'Viva La Madness' Will Shoot In 2016
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 is knee-deep into production and like every film that dares shoot on public streets, it has been the victim of set photos. Lots and lots of set photos. The latest batch of images reveal some characters who should be familiar to fans, albeit in newly revised forms. Are you ready for your first clear look at the villainous trio of Shredder, Bebop and Rocksteady? Of course you are. You clicked on this article for a reason. Presumably. Continue reading…
- SlashFilm: ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2′ Adds WWE Star Sheamus as Rocksteady
- Cinema Blend: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 Set Video Shows Stephen Amell Without His Casey Jones Mask
- Digital Spy: Is WWE Superstar Sheamus playing Rocksteady in Ninja Turtles 2?
- JoBlo: First look at pre-mutation Bebop & Rocksteady from TMNT 2
Well this is sad. On a recent radio show, special effects and make-up artist legend Rick Baker announced that he was retiring from filmmaking. "The time is right, I am 64 years old, and the business is crazy right now. I like to do things right, and they wanted cheap and fast," Baker said in an interview on 89.3 KPCC (via THR). "That is not what I want to do, so I just decided it is basically time to get out." Baker has been working in the industry for over 40 years, and is now 64, he's had a huge impact on the industry and been a part of movie history for so long.
- Digital Spy: Hollywood effects guru Rick Baker is retiring because of CGI
- Empire Magazine: Rick Baker Retires
- IGN Movies: Movie Make-Up Icon Rick Baker Retires
Margot Robbie is seen doing her own motorcycle stunts as Harley Quinn in the latest video and photos from the Toronto set of 'Suicide Squad'.
- Comic Book Movie: Margot Robbie's 'Harleen Quinzel' Does Motorbike Stunt In SUICIDE SQUAD Set Photos And Video
- The Wrap: ‘Suicide Squad’ Batman Leak and ‘Cruel Intentions’ Reunion Spark Frenzy: Wrap Trends (Video)
- Comic Book Movie: More Awesome Photos Of 'Batman' And 'Harley Quinn' On The Set of SUICIDE SQUAD
Director James Gunn reveals that he is unable to use two long-suspected Marvel villains in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2'.
James Ponsoldt is leaving much space for breathing room. His latest film "The End Of The Tour" is fresh off a Sundance premiere and is hitting theaters next month (check out the trailer). And next in line is perhaps his starriest effort yet with the Tom Hanks starring adaptation of Dave Eggers' "The Circle." And now the director has another hot project on his plate. Deadline report the filmmaker will write and direct the F. Scott Fitzgerald tale "West Of Sunset." Just to be clear this is about Fitzgerald, not based on his writing.
Gracie Films Over a year ago our own Kate Erbland asked, Are ‘Say Anything’ Lovebirds Lloyd Dobler and Diane Court Still Together? Kate may actually get an answer to that question. The good news is today a Cameron Crowe movie is opening in theaters, meaning we got a chance to speak with Crowe about his latest project, Aloha. The Hawaii-set film is very much in Crowe’s wheelhouse. It’s about a guy, Brian Gilcrest (Bradley Cooper), at a crossroads, trying to reinvent himself.
Joining forces with Key & Peele and Method ManThat acclaimed dramatic turn in Nebraska clearly wasn't enough to make Will Forte stray from the comedy path.
- Dark Horizons: Will Forte Joins Key & Peele's "Keanu"
- Cinema Blend: Will Forte Playing A Pot Dealer In Key And Peele's Keanu
It's 22 years since FIFA first landed and finally it's representing the football world as a whole, by including female players.
Sarah Michelle Gellar, Selma Blair, and Reese Witherspoon enjoyed a girls' night out at "Cruel Intentions: The Musical."
- Hollywood Reporter: 'Cruel Intentions' Reunion: Sarah Michelle Gellar and Selma Blair Recreate Iconic Kiss
- Entertainment Weekly: Reese, Sarah, Selma in 'Cruel Intentions' reunion
Filming for Simon West's STRATTON starring Henry Cavill was set to begin next week, and Cavill created a production company (Promethean Productions) with his brother to bring the character from Duncan Falconer's book series of the same name to the big screen, however Screen Daily has learned the actor has left the planned movie. GFM Films was selling STRATTON at Cannes last week, and co-founder... Read More...
- Cinema Blend: Why Henry Cavill Bailed On His New Movie Right Before Shooting
- Latino Review: The Man of Steel Departs 'Stratton'
Remember Johnny English? I know, it was terrible. I expected to feel the same way about Spy. I also expected fat jokes (there were only five, I counted), and to sit through this two hour film without laughing once. That's harsh, but after Melissa McCarthy's last few starring roles, I don't think that's unreasonable. Paul Feig wrote and directed this movie, so I went in assuming it would be a comedy for women, but hoped enough of the humor translated to men.
Welcome to Screen Rant’s “Geek Picks,” where we collect the finest movie-related geekery from around the Web.
- Thompson on Hollywood: Jessica Chastain and Amy Schumer to Costar in Weinstein Comedy? Yes, Please
- Vulture: Bill Cosby Loses Appeal to Dismiss Accuser’s Lawsuit
Milla Jovovich and Pierce Brosnan face off in the new espionage thriller "Survivor". Milla is a newly appointed U.S. foreign service officer assigned to London who quickly becomes wrapped up in a terrorist plot to attack the United States. Brosnan is The Watchmaker, an elusive, very effective assassin who is sent to kill Jovovich's character, as she learns too much about said plot and is attempting to foil it.
It seems MTV is trying to get Melissa McCarthy into the Fast and Furious movies as they pose the question to her and Jason Statham about the actress playing a Shaw sibling. Then they asked Dwayne Johnson if McCarthy could take Vin Diesel which he totally thinks she could. Seems like MTV is trying to start something here. Click here to view the embedded video. Could Melissa McCarthy Take Vin Diesel? The Rock Thinks So
Page 2 is a compilation of stories and news tidbits, which for whatever reason, didn’t make the front page of /Film. After the jump we’ve included 36 different items, fun images, videos, casting tidbits, articles of interest and more.
Hailee Steinfeld, Sophie Turner, and Dove Cameron discuss "Barely Lethal" with MTV News.
- Coming Soon: CS Video: Barely Lethal’s Hailee Steinfeld, Sophie Turner and Dove Cameron
- Latino Review: Film Review: Barely Lethal
Recently, the so-called demise of the romantic comedy has been well-documented.
- Empire Magazine: Podcast #163: Simon Pegg
Taking the Audience Award at the Austin Film Festival, and the Grand Jury Prize at the Dances With Films Festival, "The Suicide Theory" is a success that has caught the eye of Freestyle Releasing.
This is a reprint of our review from the 2014 Cannes Film Festival. Even more so than the hotly-tipped, much anticipated big-ticket movies, one of the true delights of a film festival is rolling the dice and seeing something you know nothing about. Going to see a picture that's under the radar, that doesn't yet have buzz, and you don't even know the logline for, and could really be anything. Sure, sometimes you'll end up with a borderline unwatchable, relentlessly grim disaster.
Matthew Weiner asserted that he’d only do “one talk” dissecting that whole Mad Men finale situation. Although two sentences later, he also asserted that “you know me, I can’t keep my mouth shut.” I’m happy to report that Weiner’s not holding to his word at all. On Wednesday, the Mad Men showrunner (flanked by Mad Men directing regulars Scott Hornbacher, Jennifer Getzinger, Michael Uppendahl and Chris Manley), sat down in LA for an event called “A Farewell to Mad Men.” Led by David O.
We’re used to directors working with the same actors more than once, but it’s much more rare to connect a performer with an author whose work is being adapted to the screen, unless that author is William Shakespeare.
Amy Poehler's Joy explains how Riley's important memories are sorted in a new clip from Pixar's 'Inside Out', in theaters June 19.
- Coming Soon: New Inside Out Clip Takes a Trip Down Memory Lane
X-Men: Apocalypse: New concept art for Bryan Singer's X-Men: Apocalypse reveals mutant warrior Cyclops battling Storm (in the distance) while trying to protect Jean Grey (crouching under cover). Tye Sheridan, Alexandra Shipp and Sophie Turner, respectively, portray those characters in the movie, which is heading for theatrical release on May 27, 2016. [Empire via Mutant 101] The Lifeboat: Joe Wright, who's best known for his classy literary adaptations Pride...Read MoreRead Comments
Yesterday, I reported on the news that a new Xbox One controller was in the works. I assumed that it would drop during E3, but if this new leak is to believed, it could be with us in just a few days. Eurogamer (via VG247) found the controller, which is listed as having the 3.5mm headphone jack, on the Austrian site Libro. The listing is now gone, but it stated that the controller will be coming June 8th. Here is a picture of it.
- We Got This Covered: Photos Of New Xbox One Controller Leak
"If there are mountains, let's climb them. If there are buildings, let's jump off them." One of the most inspiring documentaries I've seen recently is Sunshine Superman, which premiered at TIFF and the New York Film Festival last year. It's an exhilarating and amusing and nostalgic story of Carl Boenish, one of the founders of BASE jumping, a man full of so much joy. Sunshine Superman is directed by Marah Strauch, a young filmmaker making her feature debut, but she made her mark and is definitely going places.
There really isn’t a lot to go on here, but this is defintely newsworthy. Rise of the Tomb Raider is going to get ‘something’ come this Monday. That is according to the Tomb Raider Facebook page, which left an update on that simply stated: Mark your calendars for Monday, June 1. #TombRaider I’m kind of at a loss as to what this could be. Gameplay would be nice, but that’s something I would have expected to be saved for E3.
- We Got This Covered: Pre-E3 Teaser For Rise Of The Tomb Raider Coming June 1
The Ripley character created by Patricia Highsmith has been the center of many films. The best-known now is probably The Talented Mr. Ripley, directed by Anthony Minghella with Matt Damon (above) in the lead role. And Rene Clement’s Purple Noon is a standout that should be better known. There are actually five films all told, with five different actors in the lead. (Which is kind of appropriate in its own way.) Now producers plan to mine Highsmith’s novels once more, this time for a Talented Mr. Ripley TV series.
- Film School Rejects: The Dexter-like Potential of a Talented Mr. Ripley TV Show
By Jason Henderson, Drew Edwards, Tony Salvaggio, and Julia Guzman Bleeding Cool welcomes back The Castle of Horror Podcast tonight, a weekly internet radio show where professional writers in the comics, games and book industries take a look at horror movies, choosing one movie a week to discuss in depth. They say: This week we wind up our Poltergeist Retrospective with Poltergeist (2015), the brand-new Poltergeist remake!
- Deadline: Penny Johnson Jerald Departs ‘Castle’
"Results" is the new indie dramedy from filmmaker Andrew Bujalski. Bujalski is known to film fans as the writer/director behind such low budget efforts as "Mutual Appreciation", "Funny Ha Ha" and "Computer Chess". This is his first foray into slightly higher budget moviemaking and his first time working with stars, in this case Guy Pearce and Cobie Smulders. He acquits himself well with these new "challenges" and turns out a reasonably successful cinematic work.Pearce and Smulders play Trevor and Kat, personal trainers who live and work in Austin, Texas.
- We Got This Covered: Exclusive Video Interview: Guy Pearce And Cobie Smulders Talk Results