Top Movie News for March 25, 2017
There’s a SUPER sized hole in this one.If you haven’t heard Warner Bros and DC are moving ahead with their Justice League adaptation with director Zack Synder at the helm. This is despite dismal reviews of Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice and Suicide Squad. It wouldn’t be fair to Justice League to put those same expectations on it though, even if it is from the same creative team, because it could be good. Right?The marketing thus far for Justice League has done an excellent job of reminding you Superman is dead.
- Coming Soon: The Justice League Unite for One More Poster!
- We Got This Covered: Stunning New Justice League Poster Unites The Titular Heroes
- AintItCool: More Superhero Movie Posters and glimpses... Justice League, Spidey, Guardians...
- The A.V. Club: Coming Distractions: Cyborg joins his Justice League pals in new promos
- Hollywood Reporter: 'Justice League': Why Is Superman Missing From the New Promos?
- We Got This Covered: Check Out All Five Justice League Teasers In One Awesome Video
- We Got This Covered: Justice League Trailer Teaser Parody Reveals What Superman’s Been Up To
- Coming Soon: The New Justice League Trailer is Here!
- Cinema Blend: The New Justice League Trailer Is Explosive And Action-Packed
- We Got This Covered: New Justice League Trailer Unites The Squad
- Variety: New ‘Justice League’ Trailer Brings the Superhero Team Together (Watch)
- Dark Horizons: First Trailer: Zack Snyder’s “Justice League”
- IndieWire: ‘Justice League’ Trailer: Zack Snyder Gets Another Chance to Save the DCEU, And It Looks Crazy Epic
- Deadline: ‘Justice League’ Official Trailer Is Here, Minus A Red Cape
- Shockya: Justice League Gets A New Movie Trailer and it’s DOPE!! #JusticeLeague #DCEU
- Vulture: It’s a Superhero Extravaganza in the New Trailer for Justice League
- Hollywood Reporter: 'Justice League' Trailer Unites the DC Superheroes
- USA Today: 'Justice League' trailer unites Zack Snyder's supergroup
- The A.V. Club: Coming Distractions: Aquaman is funny (and Batman’s rich) in the first full Justice League trailer
- Cinema Blend: 6 Huge Surprises The Justice League Trailer Included
- AintItCool: The Justice League has come together in their first trailer!!!
- We Got This Covered: Justice League Will See Batman Evolve Into A More “Complete Hero”
- Cinema Blend: 12 Coolest Moments From The Justice League Trailer
- Badass Digest: The JUSTICE LEAGUE Trailer Is About What You’d Expect
- We Got This Covered: Why The Justice League Trailer Is Good News For The DCEU
- Hollywood Reporter: 'Justice League' Trailer: The Moments That Deserve a Closer Look
- Coming Soon: Nearly 100 Justice League Trailer Screenshots and Zack Snyder on the Characters
- We Got This Covered: 10 Awesome Moments From The New Justice League Trailer
- USA Today: Trailer: 'Justice League'
- Latino Review: Justice League: We Finally See Cyborg In Action With New Teaser & Poster
- JoBlo: Cyborg powers up in the latest Justice League trailer tease
- Comic Book Movie: CYBORG Unleashes Some Powerful Weaponry In Another JUSTICE LEAGUE Poster And Trailer PreviewCYBORG Unleashes Some Powerful Weaponry In Another JUSTICE LEAGUE Poster And Trailer Preview
- HitFix: Cyborg Makes His Debut In A ‘Justice League’ Teaser
- Bleeding Cool: The Final Piece Of The Justice League – Cyborg Gets A Poster And Teaser
- ScreenRant: Justice League Teaser: Meet Cyborg’s Sonic Cannon
- ScreenRant: Every Justice League Teaser Trailer Released So Far
- MovieWeb: Cyborg Fires His Sonic Canon in New Justice League Sneak Peek
- SlashFilm: Here Are All of Those ‘Justice League’ Teasers and Posters
- Bleeding Cool: Bringing Them All Together – The Justice League Unit Poster
- Comic Book Movie: Batman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Aquaman, & Cyborg Unite On A Brand New Poster For JUSTICE LEAGUEBatman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Aquaman, & Cyborg Unite On A Brand New Poster For JUSTICE LEAGUE
- JoBlo: The Justice League finally unite in a single poster
- ScreenRant: Justice League: DC Heroes Unite in New Poster
- Latino Review: Justice League: New Poster, Plus Every Teaser & Poster Released So Far!
- Fandango Movie Blog: 'Justice League' Teases Its Coming Trailer With New Footage and Posters
- ScreenRant: Justice League Parody Teaser Reveals Superman’s Role
- HitFix: The Trailer For ‘Justice League’ Aims To Bring An Edgier Team Together To Thwart Evil
- JoBlo: The heroes unite in new trailer for Zack Snyder's Justice League!
- SlashFilm: ‘Justice League’ Trailer: The Age of Heroes Has Come Again
- Bleeding Cool: A New Trailer For ‘Justice League’ Drops
- Comic Book Movie: JUSTICE LEAGUE: The Age Of Heroes Has Arrived In The First Epic Teaser TrailerJUSTICE LEAGUE: The Age Of Heroes Has Arrived In The First Epic Teaser Trailer
- The Wrap: ‘Justice League’ First Trailer Shows DC Heroes ‘Come Together’ (Video)
- ScreenRant: Justice League Official Trailer – Batman Unites The Team
- MovieWeb: Justice League Trailer Has Arrived
- Screen Crush: Watch the 'Justice League' Come Together in the First Theatrical Trailer
- MTV Movies Blog: The Justice League Comes Together In Its First Intense Trailer
- Fandango Movie Blog: The New Explosive 'Justice League' Trailer Shows the Team In Action
- Comic Book Movie: JUSTICE LEAGUE Director Zack Snyder Breaks Down The Team And Teases Superman's ReturnJUSTICE LEAGUE Director Zack Snyder Breaks Down The Team And Teases Superman's Return
- FirstShowing.net: Must Watch: First Full Trailer for Zack Snyder's 'Justice League' Movie
- MovieWeb: Justice League Poster Ushers in the Age of Heroes
- Twitch: New JUSTICE LEAGUE Trailer Aims For Laughs, Looks Drab
- ScreenRant: Justice League Makes Batman A ‘Complete Hero’; Snyder Teases Superman Return
- The Wrap: 12 Worst Parts of New ‘Justice League’ Trailer (Photos)
- Comic Book Movie: JUSTICE LEAGUE: 8 Biggest Reveals And Awesome Moments In The New TrailerJUSTICE LEAGUE: 8 Biggest Reveals And Awesome Moments In The New Trailer
- MovieWeb: Zack Snyder Teases Superman's Return in Justice League
- Latino Review: Justice League Trailer 1: The Age Of Heroes Is Here
- Cinema Blend: Justice League's Trailer Is Great, But Where The Hell Is Superman?
Deadpool is generating plenty of buzz these days, even though the highly anticipated Deadpool 2 isn’t due out until 2018. Ryan Reynold’s foul-mouthed vigilante recently popped up in a surprise teaser attached to Logan, and next year’s sequel continues to draw attention surrounding the casting of the role of Cable.
- Moviefone: Peter Parker Chills Out in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Posters
- We Got This Covered: Another New Spider-Man: Homecoming Poster Features A Familiar Tower
- Coming Soon: The Third Spider-Man: Homecoming Poster!
- Dark Horizons: A Third “Spider-Man: Homecoming” Poster
- Variety: ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’: Three New Posters Revealed
- Cinema Blend: Another Spider-Man: Homecoming Poster Is Here, And It’s Just As Charming As The Last
- Badass Digest: You Didn’t Think SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING Was Done Dropping Posters, Did You?
- Deadline: ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ Posters: Tom Holland Slings Through New York
- The A.V. Club: Newswire: These new Spider-Man: Homecoming posters explore the laid-back side of superhero life
- We Got This Covered: Yet Another New Spider-Man: Homecoming Poster Swings Online
- Screen Crush: It's TGIF For Spidey in New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Poster
- Comic Book Movie: Spidey Enjoys The New York Skyline On The First Official Teaser Poster For SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMINGSpidey Enjoys The New York Skyline On The First Official Teaser Poster For SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING
- Bleeding Cool: Spider-Man And His Sick Beats – New Spider-Man Homecoming Poster Is Awesome
- The Wrap: ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ Poster Nods to Original Comics With Blissed-Out Peter Parker
- ScreenRant: Spider-Man: Homecoming Posters – It’s Not Easy Being Peter [UPDATED]
- MovieWeb: Spider-Man: Homecoming Poster Takes Peter Parker Back to School
- Comic Book Movie: The Wall-Crawler Hangs Around Avengers Tower On UK Poster For SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMINGThe Wall-Crawler Hangs Around Avengers Tower On UK Poster For SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING
- SlashFilm: Spidey Takes a Load Off in ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ Posters; Get a Look at His Homemade Suit in New Toy Pics
- Latino Review: Spider-Man: Homecoming - Check Out The First Two Teaser Posters Now!
- Comic Book Movie: Peter Parker Looks For The Quickest Way Home In Spectacular New SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING PosterPeter Parker Looks For The Quickest Way Home In Spectacular New SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING Poster
- ScreenRant: New Spider-Man: Homecoming Poster; Tom Holland Teases More Reveals Soon
- MovieWeb: Spider-Man Visits Avengers Tower in 2 New Homecoming Posters
- HitFix: Spider-Man Reps New York Hard In This Batch Of ‘Homecoming’ Posters
- Bleeding Cool: Spider-Man Is Thumbs Out On The Interstate In This New ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ Poster
- AintItCool: How Spider-Man beats the Justice League - just laying down....
- IGN Movies: Every Spider-Man Movie Poster Ever
John Carpenter offers his responce to the news that Robert Rodrigues is directing the long awaited remake of Escape From New York.
- Badass Digest: ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK Threat Level Upgraded To Imminent As Robert Rodriguez Takes Directing Duties
- HitFix: Robert Rodriguez Could Be The Latest To Try And Fill John Carpenter’s Shoes With A Remake Of ‘Escape From New York’
- Deadline: Robert Rodriguez To Direct ‘Escape From New York’
- Variety: Robert Rodriguez in Talks to Direct ‘Escape From New York’ Remake
- The A.V. Club: Newswire: Robert Rodriguez to direct the Escape From New York remake
- Coming Soon: Robert Rodriguez Frontrunner to Direct Escape From New York Remake
- AintItCool: The Escape From New York remake nabs Robert Rodriguez as director!
- Dread Central: Robert Rodriguez to Direct Escape from New York
- Hollywood Reporter: Robert Rodriguez in Talks to Direct 'Escape From New York' Remake
- IGN Movies: Escape From New York: Robert Rodriguez in Talks to Direct
- We Got This Covered: Robert Rodriguez May Get Behind The Camera For Escape From New York Remake
- Vulture: Robert Rodriguez Being Considered to Direct The Escape From New York Reboot
- IndieWire: Robert Rodriguez Will Direct ‘Escape From New York’
- JoBlo: Robert Rodriguez reportedly in talks to direct Escape from New York
- The Wrap: Robert Rodriguez to Direct ‘Escape From New York’ Remake
- SlashFilm: ‘Escape From New York’ Remake Sets Its Sights on Robert Rodriguez
- Screen Crush: Robert Rodriguez in Talks to Direct Fox's 'Escape from New York' Remake
- ScreenRant: Escape From New York Remake Eyes Robert Rodriguez to Direct
- MovieWeb: Escape from New York Remake Gets Director Robert Rodriguez
- Cinema Blend: The Escape From New York Remake Has Found Its Director, And It’s A Surprising Choice
- Dark Horizons: Rodriguez Up For “Escape from NY” Remake
Either that or he thinks it’s the second coming. It couldn’t possibly be somewhere in between. Chris Pratt and James Gunn are both active on social media and they both appear to love trolling fans. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 has started to pre-sell tickets so Pratt took to facebook to sing the praises of the movie while Gunn took a screenshot and posted it to instagram. That we're gonna win a gold medal for that skiing with the gun is a bit of a push, but other than that @prattprattpratt is right on target here. Get your tickets now – link in my bio.
- Coming Soon: Chris Pratt and Kurt Russell are Adorable in New Guardians Instagram Post
- AintItCool: Someone admits to having Famously Huge Turds in GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Vol 2 or is that #2?
- Shockya: Get Your Movie Tickets For Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 NOW!!! #Marvel #GotG2 #MCU
- We Got This Covered: Kurt Russell Teases The Mantis/Ego Dynamic In Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2
- We Got This Covered: Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2’s Kurt Russell And Sylvester Stallone Likely To Return In Future Marvel Movies
- IGN Movies: Explaining Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2's Villain
- Cinema Blend: Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2 Features A Fun Easter Egg In Its First Few Shots
- SlashFilm: ‘Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2’ TV Spot Reminds You That Tickets Are on Sale Today
- Comic Book Movie: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2: Come Get A New Look At Kurt Russell's Ego; Plus An Awesome Extended TV SpotGUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2: Come Get A New Look At Kurt Russell's Ego; Plus An Awesome Extended TV Spot
- Screen Crush: Explosive New 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Teaser Gets the Band Back Together
- HitFix: Groot Is The Cutest ‘Angry Little Tree’ In This Short ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2’ Trailer
- ScreenRant: Guardians 2: Chris Pratt Fanboys Over Kurt Russell In New Video
- Comic Book Movie: New GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Vol. 2 International Banner And Character Posters ReleasedNew GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Vol. 2 International Banner And Character Posters Released
- MovieWeb: Watch Chris Pratt Geek Out Over Kurt Russell on Guardians 2 Set
- Comic Book Movie: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 Gets Another Awesome Poster As Double Feature Screenings Are AnnouncedGUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 Gets Another Awesome Poster As Double Feature Screenings Are Announced
- Cinema Blend: Why You Won’t Want To Miss Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’s Opening Scene, According To James Gunn
- ScreenRant: Guardians of the Galaxy 2 TV Trailer: Tickets Now on Sale
- MovieWeb: Guardians of the Galaxy 2 TV Trailer Debuts as Tickets Go on Sale
- ScreenRant: Guardians of the Galaxy 2 International Posters Go Back To The 1970s
Written by John Gatins, Saban’s Power Rangers is already making waves following its debut earlier this week, matching Kong: Skull Island with its Thursday opening and looking set to rake in more than $40 million across the weekend.
- Coming Soon: Power Rangers Review
- IGN Movies: Power Rangers Team Teases Future of Movie Franchise
- Horror Society: Power Rangers Flash Sale from Shout Factory
- Variety: ‘Power Rangers’ Review Roundup: What the Critics Are Saying
- Hollywood Reporter: 'Power Rangers' Cast Lobbying for a Female Green Ranger in Sequel
- We Got This Covered: 10 Easter Eggs You Might Have Missed In Power Rangers
- Cinema Blend: The Surprising Amount Of Power Rangers Movies That Might Be Headed To Theaters
- Cinema Blend: Why The Power Rangers Movie Didn’t Put The Heroes In Their Suits Sooner
- The Wrap: Russia Slaps Adult Rating on ‘Power Rangers’ Reboot With LGBT Heroine
- Latino Review: Power Rangers Makes $3.6 Million In Thursday Sales, Takes On The Beast
- Latino Review: Power Rangers Review - Go, Go Mixed Bag! Aye, Yai, Yai, Yai, Yai!
- ScreenRant: Power Rangers Matches Kong: Skull Island’s Thursday Opening
- MTV Movies Blog: Power Rangers And The Right Kind Of Nostalgia
- The Wrap: Who Is the Saban Behind ‘Saban’s Power Rangers?’ A Short Explainer
- JoBlo: Awesome Art We've Found Around The Net: Akira, Power Rangers, Westworld
- ScreenRant: Beauty and the Beast Beats Power Rangers At Friday Box Office
- Comic Book Movie: POWER RANGERS Exceeding Expectations At The Box Office, Now On Track For $40M Million+ WeekendPOWER RANGERS Exceeding Expectations At The Box Office, Now On Track For $40M Million+ Weekend
- Comic Book Movie: POWER RANGERS Exceeding Expectations At The Box Office, Now On Track For $40 Million+ WeekendPOWER RANGERS Exceeding Expectations At The Box Office, Now On Track For $40 Million+ Weekend
Getty Image The iconic mother-daughter pair of Debbie Reynolds and Carrie Fisher were honored and celebrated in a heartfelt public ceremony in Los Angeles on Saturday. Today send them off with the light..this is gonna be a tuff 1..@carrieffisher @DebbieReynolds1 in our ❤❤s & souls 4ever This is how I see it pic.twitter.com/Vp2aE6T7BA — Joely Fisher (@MsJoelyFisher) March 25, 2017 Family, friends and fans were in attendance for the event which paid tribute to the cinema icons that also touched lives with their work in history preservation and mental health awareness.
- USA Today: What to expect at the Carrie Fisher, Debbie Reynolds public memorial
- Variety: How to Watch Carrie Fisher & Debbie Reynolds’ Public Memorial Online
- Deadline: Watch Public Memorial For Debbie Reynolds & Carrie Fisher Livestreamed Here – Update
- The A.V. Club: Newswire: Here’s where you can livestream today’s public memorial for Debbie Reynolds and Carrie Fisher
- IndieWire: Debbie Reynolds and Carrie Fisher Memorial Service — Watch Live
- Hollywood Reporter: Debbie Reynolds, Carrie Fisher Celebrated With Dance, 'Star Wars' Tributes at Jubilant Memorial
- USA Today: All the details from Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' memorial service
- Variety: Friends, Family and Fans Pay Tribute to Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds at Hollywood Memorial Service
- The Wrap: How to Watch Carrie Fisher, Debbie Reynolds Memorial Service
- Vulture: Here’s How You Can Watch Debbie Reynolds’ and Carrie Fisher’s Public Memorial Service
- USA Today: Fans say goodbye to Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds
- The Wrap: Carrie Fisher, Debbie Reynolds Funeral Features Dancing, Droids and a Standing Ovation
- USA Today: Carrie Fisher memorial: Where were daughter Billie Lourd and dog Gary?
- Deadline: Dan Aykroyd, Griffin Dunne Remember Carrie & Debbie, “Beloved Showboats”
For years now, Hollywood has been attempting to tap into one of the last great sources of media to adapt: anime and manga. Recent years have seen the trend finally kick in, as Ghost in the Shell and Death Note movies are on their way. Of course, both of these films have come with plenty of controversy attached, as white stars are often substituted for the traditionally Japanese characters.
- Latino Review: Akira Rumor: Life Director Daniel Espinosa Is Frontrunner To Helm Manga Adaptation?
- Vulture: Life Isn’t a Venom Prequel — But Wouldn’t It Be Better If It Was?
- Hollywood Reporter: Can 'Life' Overcome That Too-Familiar Feeling?
- AintItCool: Capone says LIFE reminds us that in space, everyone can hear you borrow from other movies
- IGN Movies: Life Writers Tease How the Ending Could Lead to a Sequel
- AintItCool: Harry finds thrills but little meaning to LIFE other than watching beautiful people messed up!
- Hollywood Reporter: 'Life' Director on the Ending He Insisted Couldn't Be Changed
- IGN Movies: Bringing Realism to Sci-Fi/Horror with Life
- Cinema Blend: Life Stars Ryan Reynolds And Jake Gyllenhaal Tell Us Why They’d Never Go To Space, And They Are Hysterically Correct
- SlashFilm: ‘Life’ Review: An Old Fashioned B-Movie Dressed Up Like a Blockbuster
- Comic Book Movie: WB Reportedly Eyeing Two Directors For Their Live-Action AKIRA RemakeWB Reportedly Eyeing Two Directors For Their Live-Action AKIRA Remake
- Screen Crush: 'Life' Director Daniel Espinosa Explains His Film's Shocking Ending
Last week brought the tiniest of updates regarding the Star Wars spin-off film that will focus on Alden Ehrenreich as a young Han Solo. Not only did we learn the name of the character that Woody Harrelson will be playing (which didn’t really tell us anything), but Disney CEO Bob Iger revealed some vague details about what we’ll see unfold in the movie.
- Variety: ‘Sing Street’ Star Ian Kenny Joins Han Solo Movie (EXCLUSIVE)
- Coming Soon: Han Solo Movie Casts Sing Street Star Ian Kenny
- ScreenRant: Han Solo Movie Casts Sing Street’s Ian Kenny
- Comic Book Movie: SING STREET Breakout Star Ian Kenny Joins HAN SOLO MovieSING STREET Breakout Star Ian Kenny Joins HAN SOLO Movie
- MovieWeb: Han Solo Movie Gets Sing Street Star Ian Kenny
- JoBlo: Sing Street's Ian Kenny joins the cast of the Han Solo movie
- Hollywood Reporter: Han Solo Spinoff Movie Lands 'Sing Street' Actor
- Cinema Blend: The Han Solo Movie Adds A Sing Street Star
- The Wrap: Han Solo Movie Casts ‘Sing Street’ Star
- ScreenRant: Han Solo Potential Actor Was ‘Afraid’ of Being Cast
- Film School Rejects: Review — No Bad Deed Goes Unpunished at the ‘House on Willow Street’
There was just one thing that kept Admiral Ackbar from returning in Rogue One.
- We Got This Covered: This Fan Edit Of The End Of Rogue One And The Start Of A New Hope Is Amazing
- IGN Movies: Rogue One Writer Wasn't Fond of This Star Wars Cameo
- Cinema Blend: Another Fan Favorite Star Wars Characters Was Almost In Rogue One, Here’s What We Know
- We Got This Covered: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story Writer Weighs In On Some Of The Movie’s Scrapped Cameos
- Vulture: A Starbucks Order Mangling Gave a Rogue One Planet Its Name
- The Wrap: ‘Rogue One’ Should Have Been the Dark Rebellion Movie We Need (Commentary)
- SlashFilm: Watch Riz Ahmed’s ‘Rogue One’ Audition and Learn Which Planet Was Cut From the Movie
- Screen Crush: Gareth Edwards Had to Tell Riz Ahmed to Stop Sending 'Rogue One' Audition Tapes
- HitFix: Darth Vader’s Memorable ‘Rogue One’ Scene Wasn’t Part Of The Film Until The Very Last Moment
- ScreenRant: Star Wars: Rogue One Writer Wanted Fewer Cameos
Colin Farrell is in talks to play a widowed father of two, alongside Eva Green and Danny DeVito in Disney's Dumbo remake.
- IndieWire: Colin Farrell in Talks to Join Tim Burton’s Live Action Take on Disney’s ‘Dumbo’
- The A.V. Club: Newswire: Colin Farrell might be the one to believe in Disney’s live-action Dumbo remake
- Coming Soon: Disney This Week: Colin Farrell in Dumbo, Guardians 2 & More!
- The Wrap: Colin Farrell in Talks to Star in Tim Burton’s ‘Dumbo’
- Screen Crush: Colin Farrell in Talks to Join Eva Green in What Is Apparently a Very Sexy 'Dumbo' Movie
- JoBlo: Colin Farrell in talks to join Eva Green in Tim Burton's Dumbo
- ScreenRant: Disney’s Live-Action Dumbo: Colin Farrell in Talks for Leading Role
Last February, it was announced that Universal Pictures had won a bidding war for an untitled R-rated musical comedy written by Joseph Gordon-Levitt and the screenwriter behind 21 Jump Street. While little was known about the film at the time, Variety reported that Godon-Levitt had also enlisted Channing Tatum — noted dancer and Professional Handsome Man — to co-star with him in the film. Since that announcement, things were pretty quiet about the project until just this past week, where suddenly a flurry of updates were released by Universal Pictures. Continue reading…
- Vulture: Gird Your Loins: Joseph Gordon-Levitt Might Also Direct That R-rated Musical Comedy He’s Starring in With Channing Tatum
- HitFix: Channing Tatum And Joseph Gordon-Levitt Are Teaming Up To Bring Us The R-Rated Musical We Deserve
- ScreenRant: Joseph Gordon-Levitt & Channing Tatum Team for R-rated Musical
- Variety: Joseph Gordon-Levitt in Talks to Direct, Star in Musical Comedy With Channing Tatum (EXCLUSIVE)
- The A.V. Club: Newswire: Channing Tatum and Joseph Gordon-Levitt launch charm offensive in new musical
- Coming Soon: Wingmen: Joseph Gordon-Levitt to Direct R-Rated Musical
- IndieWire: Joseph Gordon-Levitt Nears Deal to Direct, Star in Channing Tatum Musical
Disney’s “Beauty and the Beast” will easily hold on to the No.
- Variety: Box Office: ‘Beauty and the Beast’ Repeats No. 1 on Friday
- The A.V. Club: Film Club: Right, because more backstory is really what Beauty And The Beast needed
- We Got This Covered: Beauty Or Beast: Is There Any Value In Disney’s Live-Action Remakes?
- IndieWire: ‘Beauty and the Beast’ Claymation Origins Story: Watch the Disney-Approved Short Created by a 12-Year-Old
- JoBlo: Pop-Up Movie Facts: Beauty and the Beast (1991) (Video)
- Bleeding Cool: Beauty And The Beast Parody With Deadpool… Not As The Beast
Disney and LucasFilm are planning at least 12 more movies throughout the next decade and a half.
- AintItCool: Disney Now Hammering Out Plot For STAR WARS Movie Due In 2032??
- ScreenRant: Disney Has Star Wars Plans Into The 2030s
- IGN Movies: Star Wars Rebels: Season 3 Finale Review
- The A.V. Club: TV Club: Star Wars Rebels’ season finale is the most “Star Wars-sian” the show has ever been
- Screen Crush: 'Sing Street's Ian Kenny Joins 'Star Wars' Han Solo Spinoff
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales will set sail this May, hoping to recapture some of the critical success that the Disney franchise enjoyed from its first outing, The Curse of the Black Pearl.
- MovieWeb: Pirates of the Caribbean 5 TV Trailer Goes Hunting for Jack Sparrow
- HitFix: Jack Sparrow Runs From Ghosts And Flips Out At Monkeys In the Latest ‘Pirates Of The Caribbean 5’ Trailer
- Variety: Keira Knightley Presumed ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’ Would Be a ‘Disaster,’ ‘Love Actually’ Director Says
- Dark Horizons: More “League,” “Furious” 8, “Pirates” 5 Posters
- SlashFilm: ‘Archer & Armstrong’ Tracks Down ‘Zombieland’ and ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’ Veterans
- ScreenRant: Pirates of the Caribbean 5 Poster: A Swashbuckling Staring Contest
Things are heating up in the negotiations between the Writers Guild of America and film and television producers. According to a report from Deadline, negotiations have broken down, with the Alliance of Motion Picture & Television Producers claiming the guild “broke off” negotiations yesterday and WGA sending a letter to its members calling for authorization to strike. The two groups have until May 1 to make a deal, but if a strike goes forward, it could be trouble for the film industry.
- IndieWire: Writers’ Guild Negotiations Stall, as Leaders Call for Strike Authorization Vote
- Variety: WGA Negotiators Call for Strike Authorization
- Deadline: WGA “Broke Off Negotiations,” Producers Claim As Strike Vote Looms
- Bleeding Cool: X-Men: The Last Stand Director Brett Ratner Indicts Rotten Tomatoes, Middle America In Defense Of Batman v. Superman
- Comic Book Movie: CAPTAIN AMERICA Star Chris Evans Open To Continuing On As The Sentinel Of Liberty Post-AVENGERS 4CAPTAIN AMERICA Star Chris Evans Open To Continuing On As The Sentinel Of Liberty Post-AVENGERS 4
Diving in front of the bullet once again, Netflix has re-upped its deal with Adam Sandler to produce four more feature films for the streaming service, which will tie the actor up for years and likely prevent him from taking major roles in any live action films with theatrical releases. Sandler has already produced two films so far, The Ridiculous 6 and The Do-Over, which you may remember from seeing them at the top of Netflix’s homepage for a few weeks in 2015 and 2016 respectfully before promptly scrolling down and watching something that isn’t a new Adam Sandler movie.
Fear The Walking Dead will be going into its third season later this year and at the helm is writer Dave Erickson. But, if the series continues after that it will be without their showrunner. Erickson has announced that he will be stepping down at the end of the season and that he has signed a multi-year overall deal with AMC, the network behind The Walking Dead franchise.
- Variety: ‘Fear the Walking Dead’ Showrunner Dave Erickson Steps Down, Inks AMC Overall Deal
- Deadline: Dave Erickson To Step Down As ‘Fear The Walking Dead’ Showrunner, Inks Overall Deal With AMC
- The A.V. Club: Newswire: Fear The Walking Dead showrunner departs for greener, less zombie-filled pastures
- Dread Central: Fear the Walking Dead Showrunner Shakeup: Dave Erickson Leaving After Season 3
"Pirates had infected the seas for generation, so I vowed to eliminate them all. Jack Sparrow cursed me. I will have my revenge." Disney has launched a new 60-second trailer preview for the new Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales, the fifth Pirates movie so far. This new trailer focuses primarily on Javier Bardem as Captain Salazar, telling us a bit more of his story about how he was "cursed" by Jack Sparrow, and has come back from the dead to get his revenge. Johnny Depp is back as Captain Jack, along with Geoffrey Rush as Barbossa.
- Comic Book Movie: Jack Sparrow Faces Salazar On A New International Poster For PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: DEAD MEN TELL NO TALESJack Sparrow Faces Salazar On A New International Poster For PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES
- Coming Soon: It’s Piratey Profiles on the German Dead Men Tell No Tales Poster
- Coming Soon: New Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales Preview
- Comic Book Movie: Jack Sparrow Is A Wanted Man In A Fun New Trailer For PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: DEAD MEN TELL NO TALESJack Sparrow Is A Wanted Man In A Fun New Trailer For PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES
The negotiating committee for the Writers Guild of America voted unanimously on Friday to recommend that the unions’ leadership conduct a strike authorization vote, TheWrap has learned. Members of WGA West and WGA East have been in the midst of an initial two-week bargaining period with the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers (AMPTP) over a new contract for film and TV writers.
The Fast & Furious franchise has evolved from a semi-serious 2001 B-movie about underground auto-racing to something like a multicultural superhero franchise – where a strategically diverse surrogate family of car fanciers engage in ever more unlikely action-adventure scenarios (most recently, becoming friendly allies of a covert government agency who conscripts them to tackle a surprisingly large number of car-based super criminals).
If you prefer your executive branch of government loaded with fat cats from the comics, entertainment, and pro wrestling industry, than WWE Hall of Famer Donald Trump is the president for you. Advising Trump on veterans’ healthcare is Marvel Chairman Ike Perlmutter, who has donated millions of dollars to Trump’s campaign. Linda McMahon, former CEO of pro wrestling company WWE is the head of Trump’s Small Business Administration, and also a campaign donor and longtime associate.
- Vulture: Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin Wants You to See Lego Batman, Because He’ll Make Money if You Do
- The Wrap: Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin Pulls a Kellyanne Conway, Plugs His Own ‘Lego Batman Movie’
- The A.V. Club: Newswire: U.S. Treasury Secretary criticized for telling Americans to see movie he produced
Hugh Grant trades in his 'Love, Actually' dance moves for Drake's 'Hotline Bling' in the 'Love, Actually' reunion special.
Edwards James Olmos will play a character associated with the military in Shane Black's The Predator.
Lucasfilm Harrison Ford said his bumpy landing at a Southern California airport in February was due to being distracted by turbulence from another aircraft, according to ABC News. February’s incident is currently being investigated by the FAA, but details were scarce in the wake of his mishap. Now, Ford admitted landing on a parallel taxiway where an American Airlines flight was about to take off from was a mistake.
Netflix will bring subscribers Godzilla: Monster Planet sometime later this year, which will first open in Japan this November. The animated movie is the 30th Toho-produced Godzilla picture. Kobun Shizuno (Detective Conan) and Hiroyuki Seshita (Ajin) co-directed the picture, which is set 20,000 years in the future when Godzilla and monsters rule the Earth. Below, learn more about the Godzilla animated movie. Godzilla: Monster Planet is the first official animated addition to the franchise.
Werner Herzog’s Queen of the Desert will finally make its way to North America in 2017 and (naturally) there’s a new trailer trumpeting the historical drama’s arrival. The film, released in Germany way back yonder in the simpler days of 2015, features Nicole Kidman as British traveler/writer/archaeologist/spy/explorer/political officer Gertrude Bell. Here’s the bluffer’s guide to what the motion picture offers: Gertrude Bell (Kidman) chafes against the stifling rigidity of life in turn-of-the-century England, leaving it behind for a chance to travel to Tehran.
While Marvel Studios was able to build its MCU on the back of more famous heroes like Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk, and Thor, another big focus of the enterprise so far has been establishing some of the company’s lesser-known characters with the masses at large that don’t generally read comics.
- Comic Book Movie: BOX OFFICE: MARVEL'S DOCTOR STRANGE Ends Domestic Run At $232 MillionBOX OFFICE: MARVEL'S DOCTOR STRANGE Ends Domestic Run At $232 Million
- Deadline: No. 11 ‘Doctor Strange’ Box Office Profits – 2016 Most Valuable Movie Blockbuster Tournament
- Horror Society: Sci-Fi thriller Rupture to be Release in THEATRICAL, VOD AND DIGITAL HD
Jurassic World rebooted the Jurassic Park franchise without feeling the need to bring back any of the main actors from the first three movies (only relatively minor player B.D. Wong was asked to make a return appearance). This made zero difference at the box office, as Jurassic World brought in $1.67 billion worldwide. Evidently, as long as you have dinosaurs and Chris Pratt, you have the formula for massive profits. That same basic formula will be employed when the currently-filming sequel Jurassic World 2 hits theaters in 2018, with B.D.
DC. Marvel. Industry giants, yet not the only names in comics. Not by a long shot.Valiant is one such company that has been around for quite a while, founded in 1989 by former Marvel Comics editor-in-chief Jim Shooter and Steven Massarsky. Like the two industry leaders, we have the Valiant Universe including such titles as X-O Manowar, Harbinger, and Shadowman.
Animals is one of the strangest shows to hit the small screen in the past few years. It imagines what the creatures in and around New York City would do if they had recognizable human problems – insecurity, parenting issues, dealing with bullying, marital struggles, experimenting with drugs…the works.
As someone who loves Kurt Russell more than I love my own wife (don’t tell her), nothing could have made me more excited for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 than the addition of Russell. Not only is Russell’s love of dim-witted characters a perfect match for the universe that director James Gunn has created, the film will also hopefully — and I cannot believe I’m saying this — introduce the actor to a generation of movie fans who have never seen iconic films like Escape From New York and, more importantly, Big Trouble in Little China. Continue reading…
Kong: Skull Island is proving to be a huge hit for Legendary Pictures. The second entry in their shared MonsterVerse is performing strong all around the world thanks to its blend of action and comedy, all wrapped in period trappings. Plus, there’s all those exciting monsters. Though it takes place in the ’70s, the film still ties into 2014’s Godzilla, and helps to set up the sequel King of Monsters. After that, the two giants will be duking it out in 2020 with Kong vs.
Ciarán Foy (Sinister 2) is moving on with horror thriller, Eli, directing for Broad Green Pictures. The news comes two years since the film landed on the Black List in 2015 from scribe David Chirchirillo and now has Ian Goldberg and Richard Naing onboard for rewrites with Intrepid Pictures's Trevor Macy and Bellevue Productions's John Zaozirny producing. Intrepid's Melinda Nishioka will co-produce with Gabriel and Daniel Hammond executive producing for Broad Green.
- Dread Central: Ciaran Foy Visits Eli in a Haunted Prison
The doctor is out, and The Knick is no more. The Steven Soderbergh-helmed period medical drama has officially been canceled by Cinemax after two critically acclaimed seasons. The news comes more than a year after the Season 2 finale, which seemed pretty — erm — final for one particular main character. Spoilers ahead, of course, as we linger on this show’s demise. It seems like the death of Clive Owen’s Dr. John Thackery’ in the season 2 finale of The Knick spelled doom for the Cinemax show.
Review 0 0 Reviewer 0 Users (0 votes) BC Rating Summary It's been twenty years since the events of the first film, and life has gone on for Mark after running away from his fiends and past. Now he returns, to make amends and to see if there is a home to go back to.
In one week, Ichabod Crane faces his greatest challenge yet as he and his team attempt to bring an end to Dreyfuss's evil reign. Check out a new promo and 5 hi-res stills from the season finale now!
Dan Stevens may have first gained fame as Matthew Crawley on Downton Abbey (and broken many hearts by leaving the show early), but the actor has long-since moved on from that popular role to forge a reputation as a performer who can do a lot more than wear a suit, talk posh and look handsome.
- Bleeding Cool: First Look At Legion’s Dan Stevens As Charles Dickens
"All this anger, man… It just begets greater anger." Fox Searchlight has revealed an official trailer for the new dark comedy from filmmaker Martin McDonagh, of the movies In Bruges and Seven Psychopaths previously. The title is Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri, which is quite an impressive title for a film, but I like it because it is so unique.
Tobin Bell taunts fans with an ominous photo of Billy hanging out near a rollercoaster as Saw Legacy continues post-production.
- We Got This Covered: Captain Boomerang Actor Teases Return To Arrow And The DC TV Universe
Jean Rouverol Butler, an actress turned screenwriter who was blacklisted by Sen. Joseph McCarthy in the 1950s and fled to Mexico with her husband, died Friday at the age of 100, according to a funeral notice posted by her family. Rouverol Butler’s introduction to showbiz came at an early age. Her mother, playwright Aurania (Ellerbeck) Rouverol, was the creator of Andy Hardy and many films for MGM. At 17, the young Rouverol was discovered in true Hollywood style while in a high school production. Her first professional acting role was as W.C.
- Hollywood Reporter: Jean Rouverol, Blacklisted Screenwriter, Dies at 100
1. Beauty And The BeastGross: $174,750,616Total: $174,750,616
2. Kong: Skull IslandGross: $27,832,142Total: $109,107,436
3. LoganGross: $17,815,677Total: $184,342,562
4. Get OutGross: $13,437,220Total: $133,305,365
5. Shack, TheGross: $6,005,739Total: $42,490,369