Top Movie News for June 30, 2015
The latest installment in the “Terminator” franchise, director Alan Taylor‘s “Terminator Genisys” has been taking a beating from critics. The latest attempt to revive the franchise starring Arnold Schwarzenegger, which began in 1984 with James Cameron‘s “The Terminator” has been billed as obvious setup for more movies down the line. “The least inspiring thing about ‘Terminator Genisys’ is how it’s a fifth film that doesn’t improve or expand on the prior four so much as it’s meant to clearly set up Part Six, Par
- Coming Soon: The Weekend Warrior: Terminator Genisys, Magic Mike XXL
- Digital Spy: Terminator Genisys director Alan Taylor laments spoilerific trailers
- We Got This Covered: Terminator Genisys Director Laments Spoiler-Heavy Marketing Trailer
- Shockya: Terminator: Genisys Gets A New Clip Featuring War of the Machines
- Coming Soon: Jai Courtney and Jason Clarke on Terminator Genisys
- Hollywood Reporter: 'Terminator: Genisys' Director on Trailer Spoilers: "I Had a Few Unpleasant Conversations"
- Shockya: Terminator Genisys’ Cast and Crew Band Together in Los Angeles Premiere Photos
- Cinema Blend: Why Terminator Genisys Doesn't Have A Digitally De-Aged Bill Paxton
- The Playlist: Review: ‘Terminator: Genisys’ Starring Arnold Schwarzenegger, Emilia Clarke, Jai Courtney & Jason Clarke
- HitFix: Who decided to ruin the big ‘Terminator Genisys’ twist? Not the director.
- Empire Magazine: Five Minutes Of M:I-5 To Screen Before Terminator Genisys
- Comic Book Movie: The Battle Against Skynet Rages On In Epic New Clip From TERMINATOR GENISYS
- MovieWeb: 'Terminator Genisys' Review: Arnold's Back, But Does It Matter?
- HitFix: Review: 'Terminator: Genisys' squeezes the last bit of life from the franchise
- JoBlo: Review: Terminator: Genisys
- ScreenRant: ‘Terminator Genisys’ Director Didn’t Approve of Trailer Spoilers
- Total Film: Terminator Genisys review
- The Wrap: ‘Terminator Genisys’ Director Calls His Marvel Experience ‘Particularly Wrenching’
- USA Today: Watch: How to walk like a Terminator
- USA Today: Walk like a Terminator: We get a lesson
- Coming Soon: Check Out the New Hot Toys Terminator Guardian Figure
- Dark Horizons: Why "Genisys" Gave Away Its Spoilers
- USA Today: Review: 'Terminator' is time-traveling bust
- MTV Movies Blog: 14 Questions I Had Watching ‘Terminator’ For The First Time
- MTV Movies Blog: Ranking Arnold Schwarzenegger’s Movies, From ‘Hercules’ Through ‘Terminator’
- MovieWeb: Nerd Alert: Drunk Terminator & Game of Thrones Extended Finale
If there is anyone that Marvel fans trust now more than James Gunn, I don't know who it is. Joss Whedon used to be that guy, but with AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON not meeting many expectations and his departure from the studio ranks, Gunn seems to be the guy everyone looks to for confirmation. Gunn is very outspoken on social media and does not mince words with what he thinks about everything Marvel and otherwise.... Read More...
- Cinema Blend: The Marvel Team James Gunn Would Love To See Get Their Own Film
- We Got This Covered: James Gunn Raves About Ant-Man, Calls It A “Complete Blast”
- Entertainment Weekly: James Gunn absolutely loved 'Ant-Man'
- The Playlist: 'Ant-Man' Is James Gunn's Fave Marvel Movie Since 'Iron Man,' Says Edgar Wright's "Spirit Is Felt" Throughout
- Digital Spy: Marvel movies will feature an LGBT character within the decade... probably
- Variety: Marvel’s ‘Ant-Man’ Premiere: Director Peyton Reed Ready for a Sequel
- Dark Horizons: Marvel Sets Filming Dates, Talks "Ant-Man 2"
- The Playlist: Watch: 'Ant-Man' Has A Trial By Water In First Clip From The Marvel Movie
- AintItCool: Here’s A Big Clip Of ANT-MAN Turning Little!!
- Digital Spy: Evangeline Lilly reveals she's expecting her second child at Ant-Man premiere
- Cinema Blend: When We May See Ant-Man 2, According To Kevin Feige
- Moviefone: Paul Rudd Faces a Trial By Water in This Cool 'Ant-Man' Clip
- We Got This Covered: Ant-Man’s First Adventure Is A Total Wash In New Clip
- Total Film: First Ant-Man clip gets wet and wild
- MTV Movies Blog: Everyone Looked Like A Hero At The ‘Ant-Man’ Premiere
- SlashFilm: ‘Ant-Man’ Clip: Paul Rudd Tries Out the Whole Shrinking Thing
- Latino Review: Watch 'Ant-Man' Test Out The Suit In This Extended Film Clip
- Fandango Movie Blog: News Briefs: Daniel Radcliffe and Paul Dano Team for 'Swiss Army Man'; Watch 'Ant-Man' Shrink in First Clip
- SlashFilm: Peyton Reed Would “Love” to Do ‘Ant-Man 2′
- Bleeding Cool: Trial By Fire... Or Rather Water In First Clip From Ant-Man
- Comic Book Movie: UPDATE: 'Hope Van Dyne' Shows 'Scott Lang' How To Punch In Another New ANT-MAN Clip
- Screen Crush: 'Ant-Man' Shrinks in New Clip, Director Peyton Reed Says He'd Love to Make a Sequel
Joseph Gordon-Levitt is Edward Snowden, the man who leaked thousands of classified NSA documents to the press in 2013. This is the teaser trailer for Oliver Stone’s next film, Snowden. Well that was disappointing, I guess it’s my fault for expecting some actual footage from a teaser trailer. All we get are a few lines […] Read Joseph Gordon-Levitt is the Most Wanted Man in the World in Snowden on Filmonic.
- Digital Spy: Joseph Gordon-Levitt is the world's Most Wanted man in teaser for Oliver Stone's Snowden
- Vulture: The Trailer for Joseph Gordon-Levitt’s Edward Snowden Movie Is Basically Just Snowden’s LinkedIn Profile
- Coming Soon: Teaser Trailer for Oliver Stone’s Snowden, Starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt
- Variety: Watch: Joseph Gordon-Levitt’s ‘Snowden’ Gets Footage-Free Trailer
- The Playlist: Watch: First Trailer For Oliver Stone’s ‘Snowden’ Starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Shailene Woodley & Nicolas Cage
- Entertainment Weekly: 'Snowden' teaser trailer highlights âthe most wanted man in the worldâ
- The Wrap: Watch First Teaser for Joseph Gordon-Levitt’s Edward Snowden Biopic (Video)
- MovieWeb: Oliver Stone's 'Snowden' Trailer Starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt
- SlashFilm: Joseph Gordon-Levitt Explains Why ‘Sandman’ Is Better as a Movie Than a Show
- IndieWire: Watch: Oliver Stone Warns America in Menacing 'Snowden' Teaser
- We Got This Covered: Haunting Teaser For Snowden Shines A Light
- Thompson on Hollywood: Watch: Dramatic Trailer for Oliver Stone's 'Snowden' Is Cloaked in Mystery
- Deadline: ‘Snowden’ Teaser Trailer: Oliver Stone Pic Flying Its Flag
- AintItCool: A Teaser For Oliver Stone’s SNOWDEN!!
- Hollywood Reporter: Oliver Stone's 'Snowden' Teaser: "One Nation, Under Surveillance, for Liberty and Justice for All"
- Dark Horizons: Teaser Trailer: "Snowden"
- JoBlo: Oliver Stone sets the tone for his Snowden biopic with this teaser trailer
- Screen Crush: 'Snowden' Trailer: The Government Is Probably Keeping Tabs on Everyone Who Watches This
- SlashFilm: ‘Snowden’ Teaser Trailer: Oliver Stone Revisits the Not-Too-Distant Past
- Latino Review: Teaser Trailer For Oliver Stone’s 'Snowden' Is HERE!
- Film School Rejects: Snowden Teaser Trailer: Oliver Stone’s Birthday Present to America
- FirstShowing.net: Teaser Trailer for Oliver Stone's 'Snowden' is Missing the Footage
Secret in Their Eyes is based on the acclaimed, Oscar-winning Argentinian film The Secret in Their Eyes (differentiated by the titular “The”), and the new English remake looks like it may very well be gunning for an Oscar, too. Julia Roberts, Nicole Kidman and Chiwetel Ejiofor star in the upcoming dramatic thriller, which centers on a brutal murder and the pursuit of justice that follows. Continue reading…
- IndieWire: Watch: Julia Roberts, Chiwetel Ejiofor and Nicole Kidman Seek Revenge in Intense 'Secret In Their Eyes' Trailer
- Vulture: Julia Roberts, Nicole Kidman, and Chiwetel Ejiofor Get Their Murder-Mystery On in The Secret in Their Eyes Trailer
- Variety: Watch: Julia Roberts, Chiwetel Ejiofor in ‘Secret in Their Eyes’ First Trailer
- The Playlist: Watch: First Trailer For ‘Secret In Their Eyes’ With Chiwetel Ejiofor, Nicole Kidman & Julia Roberts
- Latino Review: Trailer Hits for 'Secret In Their Eyes' Starring Chiwetel Ejiofor, Nicole Kidman, and Julia Roberts
- Hollywood Reporter: 'Secret in Their Eyes' Trailer: Julia Roberts' FBI Investigator Searches for Daughter's Killer
- Digital Spy: Julia Roberts will stop at nothing to catch her daughter's killer in Secret in Their Eyes trailer
- The Wrap: Julia Roberts Hunts Her Daughter’s Killer in First ‘Secret in Their Eyes’ Trailer (Video)
- Cinema Blend: Julia Roberts Goes To Dark, Disturbing Places In First Secret In Their Eyes Trailer
- We Got This Covered: Julia Roberts Hunts Her Daughter’s Murderer In Taut Trailer For Secret In Their Eyes
- SlashFilm: ‘Secret in Their Eyes’ Trailer: Chiwetel Ejiofor Cracks an Old Case
- FirstShowing.net: Ejiofor, Roberts & Kidman in Billy Ray's 'Secret in Their Eyes' Trailer
- Entertainment Weekly: Julia Roberts seeks justice for an unspeakable murder in 'Secret in Their Eyes'
- MovieWeb: 'Secret in Their Eyes' Trailer Starring Nicole Kidman & Julia Roberts
- Total Film: Julia Roberts stars in first trailer for Secrets In Their Eyes remake
- HitFix: Julia Roberts is out for justice and Oscar in new 'Secrets in Their Eyes' trailer
- Deadline: ‘Secret In Their Eyes’ Trailer: First Look At A-List Cast Taking On Redo Of Oscar Winner
- Dark Horizons: First Trailer: "Secret in Their Eyes"
- USA Today: Roberts is out for revenge in 'Secret' trailer
- Film School Rejects: Secret In Their Eyes Trailer: An Unnecessary Remake Made Necessary
- Empire Magazine: First Trailer For Secret In Their Eyes
- JoBlo: The trailer for The Secret in Their Eyes proves some movies can be remade
Magic Mike was a movie about strippers trying to make ends meet in the midst of the Great Recession, the difficulty of modern romance, and the dangers of drug use. Magic Mike XXL is a movie about strippers stripping. And not a whole lot else. Continue reading…
- IndieWire: 'Magic Mike XXL' Director Gregory Jacobs Steps Out of Steven Soderbergh's Shadow
- Variety: Male Strippers Review ‘Magic Mike XXL': ‘It Was Very Much Like a Documentary’
- Badass Digest: MAGIC MIKE XXL Review: A Sexy Triumph That Cares About You
- IndieWire: Watch: 'Magic Mike XXL' Remixed As A Sultry '70s X-Rated Flick
- Cinema Blend: How Many Air Humps You're Going To See in Magic Mike XXL
- Variety: ‘Magic Mike XXL’ Hawks Girls’ Night Out With Strippers, Themed Cocktails
- Variety: ‘Max’ Tops ‘Ted 2′ and ‘Magic Mike XXL’ in TV Ad Spending
- Thompson on Hollywood: Why 'Magic Mike XXL' Is Still a Soderbergh Movie: Review and Roundup
- MTV Movies Blog: We Counted Every Nipple And Butt In ‘Magic Mike XXL’ So You Don’t Have To
- Entertainment Weekly: Review: 'Magic Mike XXL' review: Beefcake, but not very meaty
- Entertainment Weekly: See the 'Magic Mike XXL' trailer... as performed by hot dogs
- USA Today: Bomer strips, sings 'sexiest song' in 'Magic Mike'
- Moviefone: 'Magic Mike' Gets Stripped Down to Nothing in This Honest Trailer
- Cinema Blend: Magic Mike Gets Ripped To Pieces In Latest Honest Trailer
- Fandango Movie Blog: The Best of 'Magic Mike' -- in Gifs
- The Playlist: Watch: Honest Trailer For 'Magic Mike' Humps Your Face With A Thongs To Riches Story
- SlashFilm: ‘Magic Mike’ Honest Trailer: A Movie Too Self-Aware to Be Savaged
- Entertainment Weekly: Honest Trailers takes on the "way less fun than advertised' original 'Magic Mike'
When busting ghosts, a lady must always carry a Proton Pack. Especially one of the new ones Ghostbusters director Paul Feig revealed via Twitter today with the hashtag #whatyougonnashoot. #whatyougonnashoot pic.twitter.com/sGsYSgS1Io — Paul Feig (@paulfeig) June 30, 2015 This is one of several teases and reveals from the set of the all-female Ghostbusters film currently in production. Several photos of the four starring women in costume were recently leaked from the set, suggesting some of the traits of their characters.
- Digital Spy: Don't cross the streams! Ghostbusters director Paul Feig reveals new proton pack
- Horror-Movies.ca: Check Out the New Proton Pack for ‘Ghostbusters’
- Entertainment Weekly: Paul Feig shares first look at new 'Ghostbusters' proton pack
- ScreenRant: ‘Ghostbusters': Paul Feig Reveals New Proton Pack Design
- MovieWeb: Female 'Ghostbusters' Proton Pack Unveiled
- We Got This Covered: Ghostbusters Costumes And Proton Packs Revealed
- Badass Digest: And Now A Look At The New GHOSTBUSTERS’ Proton Packs
- Latino Review: Paul Feig Reveals New 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Uniforms
- The Wrap: ‘Ghostbusters’ Director Paul Feig Gives Fans First Look at New Proton Packs (Photo)
- SlashFilm: Paul Feig Shares Another ‘Ghostbusters’ Image: See the New Proton Packs
- Film School Rejects: Ghostbusters Reboot Stays True to Original Iconography
- JoBlo: Check out the new proton packs from Paul Feig's Ghostbusters
- Cinema Blend: The New Ghostbusters Will Bust Ghosts With These Weapons
- USA Today: Photo: 'Ghostbusters' gear goes old school
Back to the Future director Robert Zemeckis is adamant that his classic film trilogy will never have a remake in his lifetime. “Oh, God no,” he told the Telegraph when asked about the possibility. “I mean, to me, that’s outrageous. Especially since it’s a good movie. It’s like saying ‘Let’s remake Citizen Kane. Who are we going to get to play Kane?’ What folly, what insanity is that? Why would anyone do that?” Co-writer and co-rights holder Bob Gale agrees with Zemeckis, and both claim they'll never sign off on a remake as long as they live.
- USA Today: Zemeckis: No 'Back to the Future' remake
- Moviefone: Sorry, a 'Back to the Future' Remake Isn't Going to Happen
- FirstShowing.net: Robert Zemeckis Will Not Let Anyone Remake 'Back to the Future'
- Entertainment Weekly: A 'Back to the Future' remake? Over Robert Zemeckis's dead body.
- Fandango Movie Blog: Great Scott! Why You May Never See a 'Back to the Future' Remake
- Screen Crush: A 'Back to the Future' Remake Will Never Happen While Director Robert Zemeckis Is Still Alive
- Total Film: Robert Zemeckis shoots down Back To The Future remake
- The Playlist: "That's Outrageous": Robert Zemeckis Says He'll Block Any Attempts To Remake 'Back To The Future'
- Digital Spy: Back to the Future director Robert Zemeckis won't allow any remakes: "Oh God no"
- Digital Spy: Back to the Future in 88 seconds: Power of Love, pizza hydration, Jaws sequels
- Cinema Blend: Why Back To The Future Will Never Be Remade
Lego has unveiled its first product tied to 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice', the new Batmobile which will be on display at Comic-Con.
- Coming Soon: Funko Reveals Comic-Con Exclusives, Including Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
- IGN Movies: Batman v Superman LEGO and Funko Toys Revealed
- Coming Soon: LEGO Batmobile from Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Revealed
- Hollywood Reporter: Comic-Con: ‘Batman v Superman’ Lego Batmobile Unveiled
- Screen Crush: LEGO Reveals New 'Batman vs. Superman' Batmobile Set You Can't Buy Until January
- Comic Book Movie: 'Batman' And The Batmobile Comic-Con Exclusive BATMAN v SUPERMAN LEGO Revealed
- SlashFilm: Comic Con Wristbands Return: Everything You Need To Know About Lining Up For Hall H
- SlashFilm: Superhero Bits: Ant-Man, Batman v Superman, X-Men Rogue Cut, Heroes Reborn, Thor, Supergirl, The Flash
- IGN Movies: Daily Deals: Batman $47, Mortal Kombat $41, $342 PS4, Big Xbox One Bundle
- MTV Movies Blog: Watch Zayn Become Bane When Batman Villains Take On One Direction
Attention Latino-Review readers who are attending San Diego Comic-Con this year!Latino-Review review is hosting a giveaway to 10 of our lucky readers with a guest to receive guaranteed VIP access wristbands to watch a fan screening of the Rogue Cut’s “X-Men: Days of Future Past.”The screening will take place at Reading Cinema in San Diego’s Gaslamp District, 701 Fifth Avenue in Downtown San Diego on Saturday, July 11th at 8 p.m.
- SlashFilm: See a Scene From the ‘X-Men: Days of Future Past’ Rogue Cut
- The Playlist: Watch: Beast And Mystique Get Romantic In 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past — Rogue Cut'
- MovieWeb: 'X-Men' Rogue Cut Preview Shows 'Days of Future Past' Deleted Scenes
- Cinema Blend: X-Men: Rogue Cut Will Also Give Us More Of Several Mutants
- Coming Soon: Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Make Out in New Rogue Cut Scene
- Badass Digest: Headed To SDCC? Check Out “The Bold Voice Of Contemporary Horror Film” Panel
- Bleeding Cool: Rapunzel Is Coming To SDCC With Her Frying Pan And A Red Pascal
- Bleeding Cool: Warner Archive Collections Pays Tribute To Christopher Lee And Atom Ant At SDCC
Star Trek 3 director Justin Lin tweeted out an image yesterday of a Starfleet shoulder patch to be used in the upcoming film. He also gave us the title of the new film… Star Trek Beyond. Lin, from the Fast And Furious franchise, came over to direct the film after Robert Orci and Paramount parted ways. The first two films in the rebooted franchise were directed by J.J. Abrams who left to do Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens. Both Abrams and Orci are still attached to Star Trek Beyond as producers. Let the next Starfleet voyage begin!
- Moviefone: First Look at 'Star Trek 3,' Plus Director Justin Lin Confirms Title
- Digital Spy: Justin Lin confirms that the title of Star Trek 3 will be Star Trek Beyond
- Twitch: STAR TREK 3 Will Go BEYOND, Director Justin Lin Reveals Title And Uniform Pic
- Latino Review: 'Star Trek Beyond' Is The Title For 'Star Trek 3' Confirms Justin Lin Plus First On-Set Photo
- Variety: ‘Star Trek 3′ Gets Title, Michael Bay Benghazi Thriller Sets Release Date
- Badass Digest: A Sneaky Look At The STAR TREK BEYOND Costumes
- Filmonic: Star Trek Beyond is the Name of the Next Star Trek Adventure
- Fandango Movie Blog: 'Guardians of the Galaxy' and 'Star Trek' Sequels Get Official Titles, Plus: First 'Ghostbusters' Costumes
The new face of Spider-Man was announced just last week and Tom Holland already has one big supporter in his corner; Stan Lee, who created the hero with Steve Ditko back in 1962, spoke with Entertainment Tonight at the premiere of ANT-MAN where he was asked what he thought of Tom Holland stepping into the role he helped create. He’s good to me! I can’t see anything wrong with... Read More...
- Comic Book Movie: Kevin Feige On Casting "Amazing" Tom Holland As SPIDER-MAN, Deciding On The Villain And More
- Entertainment Weekly: Stan Lee gives a thumbs-up to new Spider-Man: 'He's good to me!'
- The Playlist: Stan Lee Wants Cinematic Spider-Man To "Stay As He Is"
- Coming Soon: Short Film Has Stan Lee Making a Call to Heroes
- MTV Movies Blog: Marvel, Your New ‘Spider-Man’ Villain Already Exists, And His Name Is Kingpin
- Comic Book Movie: FAN-ART: The Fight For 'Spider-Man' Begins In CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR Poster
- Comic Book Movie: COMICS: New Looks For AMAZING SPIDER-MAN & SPIDER-MAN 2099; Plus More Cover Reveals
- Comic Book Movie: COMICS: Details And Closer Look At New AMAZING SPIDER-MAN Suit And Spider-Mobile
Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner are ending their marriage of 10 years. But why? We're pretty sure we know. http://www.hitfix.com
- Hollywood Reporter: Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner: We're Getting Divorced
- Moviefone: Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Are Getting Divorced
- Variety: Ben Affleck, Jennifer Garner Divorcing After 10 Years of Marriage
- USA Today: Ben Affleck, Jennifer Garner announce divorce
- Vulture: Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Are Splitting Up
- MTV Movies Blog: Love Is Dead: Ben Affleck And Jennifer Garner Are Divorcing
- The Wrap: Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Announce Divorce Plans After 10 Years of Marriage
Even if you didn’t love Chris Farley‘s movies or follow him enough during his time on Saturday Night Live, you have to recognize the tragedy of his death. As for the extent of why it’s awful that he hasn’t been with us now for nearly 18 years, the new documentary I Am Chris Farley should prove his talent as a comedian and worth as a human being. As you may have learned from another documentary out this year, Misery Loves Comedy, the sad and funny go hand in hand (and as we learned from Inside Out, sadness and joy are a perfect team).
- IndieWire: Watch: A Comedy Legend Is Brought Back to Hilarious, Heartbreaking Life in 'I Am Chris Farley' Trailer
- Deadline: ‘I Am Chris Farley’ Trailer: Reminder That We Miss Matt Foley But The Man Behind Him More
- Variety: Watch: Comedians Get Emotional in ‘I Am Chris Farley’ Doc Trailer
- FirstShowing.net: Brent Hodge & Derik Murray's 'I Am Chris Farley' Doc Official Trailer
- The Playlist: Watch: Celebrities Celebrate A Comedy Legend In Trailer For Documentary 'I Am Chris Farley'
- JoBlo: Go behind the legend with the trailer for the documentary I Am Chris Farley
There is something intensely macabre about the process of watching the shattering new documentary on British singer/songwriter sensation Amy Winehouse, who died of alcohol-related heart failure at the age of 27 in July 2011. It's a gripping and thoroughly effective, perhaps even brilliant piece of biographical documentary filmmaking, as one would expect from the director who brought us award-winning biodoc "Senna" in 2010.
- Digital Spy: Watch a 14-year-old Amy Winehouse sing 'Happy Birthday' to her friend Lauren
- Vulture: Future Amy Schumer Wants to Warn Present Amy Schumer About That Bathroom Blow Job
- We Got This Covered: Amy Schumer And Bill Hader Star As The Unlikely Couple In New Screens For Judd Apatow’s Trainwreck
- Cinema Blend: Why Amy Schumer Owes Her Movie Career To Howard Stern
- HitFix: Amy Schumer's emotional 'Howard Stern' moment: 'Trainwreck' happened because of you
June is National LGBT Pride Month, plus gay marriage was made legal in the United States last week, so we are celebrating by listing off our favorite LGBT characters from movies, television, comics, and video games. Take a look at our list, then let us know your favorites in the comments. Why It Matters if a Fictional Character Is Gay Continue reading…
- Variety: Reality TV Proves a Quiet Groundbreaker for LGBT Voices
- Variety: Point/Counterpoint: Has the Entertainment Industry Helped or Hindered LGBT Representation?
- Variety: Rob Reiner on the ‘Long, Long Process’ to Widespread LGBT Acceptance
- Variety: LGBT Struggle Echoes Black Civil Rights Movement
A few weeks ago, a rumor surfaced that had THOR director Kenneth Branagh potentially returning to helm THOR: RAGNAROK. The reception was mostly positive even if it seemed like a long shot. Now, we have confirmed that this will not be happening. Speaking with Collider, Marvel's Kevin Feige has said there is no truth to the rumor of Branagh's return. In fact, Feige doesn't know... Read More...
- Digital Spy: Kevin Feige outlines Black Panther's key role in Captain America: Civil War
- Cinema Blend: Whether Major Marvel TV And Movie Characters Will Start Crossing Over, According To Kevin Feige
- Latino Review: 'Thor: Ragnarok' News: Don’t Expect This Man To Direct
- Bleeding Cool: Kevin Feige Quote Round Up
Michael Bay has shot his Benghazi movie, based on the Mitchell Zuckoff‘s book about the dual 2012 attacks on American compounds in Libya that took four American lives and created a political firestorm that continues to burn even after official inquiries have been handed down. The film, formerly called simply 13 Hours, now has a longer title. It also has a release date, as Paramount will get the film into theaters in January 2016. THR reports the film’s new title, which is 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi.
- The Wrap: Michael Bay’s Benghazi Movie ’13 Hours’ to Battle ‘Ride Along 2,’ ‘The 5th Wave’
- JoBlo: Michael Bay's Benghazi film, 13 Hours, lands an early 2016 release
- Hollywood Reporter: Michael Bay's Benghazi Drama Gets Release Date, Expanded Title
- We Got This Covered: Michael Bay’s 13 Hours Dated For January, Opposite The 5th Wave
Focus Features is in discussions to acquire domestic distribution rights to “Book of Henry,” which is expected to be the next film from “Jurassic World” director Colin Trevorrow, an individual familiar with the project told TheWrap. “Book of Henry” is an original screenplay written by best-selling novelist Gregg Hurwitz (“You’re Next”). The plot is being kept under wraps, and production will start this fall in New York. Sidney Kimmel Entertainment will finance and co-produce the film with Double Nickel Entertainment.
- Variety: Focus Circles ‘Jurassic World’ Director Colin Trevorrow’s ‘Book of Henry’ (EXCLUSIVE)
- Thompson on Hollywood: Focus Chases 'Jurassic World' Director Colin Trevorrow's Hush-Hush 'Book of Henry'
- Thompson on Hollywood: PBS Masterpieces Find a New Home at Amazon Prime
- SlashFilm: Sequel Bits: ‘Jurassic World,’ ‘Fear the Walking Dead,’ ‘Hocus Pocus 2′
He's in talks to make his directorial debutWriter Jason Hall already has a connection to Steven Spielberg: the director was attached for a while to make his American Sniper script before passing on the job to Clint Eastwood. Now Hall’s latest military-themed screenplay, Thank You For Your Service, has become available after Spielberg flirted with the idea but moved on to other things.
- Variety: ‘American Sniper’ Writer Jason Hall in Talks to Direct ‘Thank You for Your Service’
- Hollywood Reporter: 'American Sniper' Writer to Direct PTSD Drama 'Thank You For Your Service' for DreamWorks
- The Playlist: 'American Sniper' Writer To Make Directorial Debut With Former Steven Spielberg Gig 'Thank You For Your Service'
- The Wrap: ‘American Sniper’ Writer Takes Reins of DreamWorks’ PTSD Drama From Steven Spielberg
Soon dancer/actor/producer/Sexiest Man Alive Channing Tatum will swagger back into theaters with Magic Mike XXL this week. To toast his return as well as his rise over the past decade, we're taking a look back at his many looks, from humble supporting player, to drool-inducing love interest, and devastatingly charismatic leading man. 10. Coach Carter (2005) The Look: Playing a baller from a bad neighborhood, Tatum sported a shaved head with his school colors and oversized...Read MoreRead Comments
The Netflix series BoJack Horseman has a goofy comic concept: Will Arnett voices a drunk, washed-up actor who is also a horse. And while the show’s first season was often pretty goofy, it also turned out to be a brutally funny and frequently very dark evisceration of celebrity culture, media, and many other aspects of modern life. It also works well as a full season of interconnected stories — the show isn’t just a string of jokes, but a character piece that builds some involving arcs. Now there’s a trailer for the second season.
Terminator GenisysÂ isnât winning over filmÂ critics just yet, but its Emmy-winning director, Alan Taylorâa stalwart TV veteran whose credits include Game of Thrones, Mad Men, and The Sopranosâgets points for speaking his mind about his previous blockbuster...
Don Harris, president of domestic distribution at Paramount Pictures, will not renew his contract with the studio when it expires later this summer. “We are very grateful for his dedication and leadership during his many years with the studio,” said Megan Colligan, president of worldwide distribution and marketing, in an internal memo announcing the move on Monday. Harris is “among the most respected executives in his field, and has led Paramount to a tremendously successful run during his time here,” she said. Harris became domestic distribution chief in 2001, replacin
New Easter eggs are spotted on the set of 'TMNT 2' hinting at the presence of a few fan favorite characters.
'Suicide Squad' star Jai Courtney reveals that the rat Jared Leto gave to Margot Robbie now resides with a prominent filmmaker.
Casting twins is always tricky; is it better to use two similar actors, or actual twins, or one actor to play both roles? We’ve seen it done via all these methods, and while it was once very difficult to have one actor convincingly play twins (see all the effort put into Jeremy Irons’ performance for Dead Ringers), digital effects make it a lot easier, on the technical side at least, for one actor to do the job. The Minority Report TV series originally cast one actor, Stark Sands (above, right), to play precog twins Dash and Arthur.
Over the course of his film career as a blockbuster action star, Arnold Schwarzenegger has amassed a pretty hefty body count. Check out the infographic below for a more in-depth look at some of the high points - and high caliber weapons - from some of Arnold's biggest hits. Arnold adds to his body count when Terminator Genisys blasts into theaters July 1.Read MoreRead Comments
As a fan of Saturday Night Live, I’ve always wanted to see the sketches that end up getting cut for time. Since SNL is a live show, some sketches end up getting cut if the show runs long. But those cut sketches are usually recorded in the two-hour dress rehearsal that happens before the show airs live at 11:30 Eastern time. Since SNL has found new life online with sketches that go viral with every new episode, there’s finally a place for cut sketches to see the light of day.
- Moviefone: Chris Pratt Doing His Best Jason Statham Will Make Your Day
- IGN Movies: Pratt Is Statham in Cut SNL Sketch
The headlining trio of Paul Dano, Daniel Radcliffe and Mary Elizabeth Winstead is all the sales pitch I really need to be interested in a new film, but the plot of their new project Swiss Army Man sounds particularly odd. The three actors have all signed on for the film which will be directed by the team of Daniel Kwan & Daniel Scheinert — if you don’t know those two names, you may know the name Daniels, under which they’ve directed many music videos and short films.
Can't wait for "The Hunger Games: The Exibition" to premiere on July 1st? We got the chance at a sneak peak
A fresh installment in the Tomb Raider video game series, Rise of the Tomb Raider, is visible on the horizon, but it’s not clear just how far away the developing Tomb Raider movie franchise reboot is, by comparison.
Whether you like it or not, there’s a new Power Rangers movie coming from Lionsgate, with the studio hoping to ignite a successful new franchise as The Hunger Games comes to an end this fall. We’d heard that the new movie would somehow keep the mythology of the original Power Rangers series intact, and now we have details on just how that will happen. The beginning of the movie has been uncovered, with details including a reveal of the original Power Rangers, how we meet the new team, and what our new heroes have to do in order to save the planet.
Christine McCarthy has been named senior executive vice president and chief financial officer of The Walt Disney Company, while Kevin Mayer has been named senior executive vice president and chief strategy officer effective immediately, the company announced Tuesday. As CFO, McCarthy will now oversee investor relations, corporate planning and control, tax, corporate treasury, corporate real estate, facilities, integrated supply chain management and corporate citizenship.
The latest Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials trailer doesn’t have any new footage. In fact, it doesn’t really have any footage at all. Or at least not from the film. 20th Century Fox has released a Minecraft-ized version of the Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials trailer, showing us what Thomas, WCKD, and the Scorch would look like as colorful, pixelated blocks. Watch it after the jump. Fox unveiled the Maze Runner The Scorch Trials Minecraft trailer on YouTube.
Insiders tell THR that Guillermo del Toro has exited the planned JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK movie. The site doesn't have any details on why he left, just that he's is no longer attached to direct. JLD is one of the DC Vertigo properties staying at Warner Bros., so the film isn't dead, however del Toro leaving is obviously a huge blow to the project. For those not in the know, Justice League Dark... Read More...
- Digital Spy: Guillermo del Toro exits Justice League Dark project
It looks like NBC are taking some inspiration from Netflix's Daredevil, releasing two new visually impressive motion posters to promote the arrival of Heroes Reborn in the fall. Putting the spotlight on two new characters, the one sheets give us a great look at Ryan Guzman as 'Carlos' and Francesca Eastwood as 'Molly'. You can check them out below (courtesy of Yahoo! TV): According to NBC, Carlos is a ex-soldier discovering his powers for the first time, and represents "a different type of hero" to the other characters.
- Coming Soon: HRG Returns for New Heroes Reborn Character Poster
Cannon Film Distributors (Screenshot) We bring Junkfood Summer School to a close with this graduate course on one of the weirdest teen “comedies” of the 1980s. Dressed up as nothing more than a run-of-the-mill boner jam, The Last American Virgin breaks a lot of conventions that were still being established and ends with a seriously brutal kick to the emotional groin. If you haven’t seen this Cannon Films oddity, we’re about to punch your V-Card! You should follow Brian (@Briguysalisbury), Cargill (@Massawyrm), and the show (@Junkfoodcinema). Download Episode #62 Direct
Is there a movie star more universally beloved right now than Dwayne Johnson? The guy is so powerfully charismatic, he’s been dubbed “franchise Viagra.” He can rock the hell out of a Taylor Swift anthem and make a gritty Bambi reboot seem like a good idea.
Arnold Schwarzenegger has you fooled. He’s convinced you he’s nothing more than a catchphrase generator. A bodybuilder, not a brainiac. A nostalgia act trapped in the past. Continue reading…
A watery death is coming to the fjords of Norway courtesy of Cold Prey director Roar Uthaug. Uthaug has taken the actual events of 1934 when a landslide into a fjord triggered a tsunami that essentially wiped the community of Talfjord off the map and used it as the basis for his upcoming disaster epic The Wave (Bolgen). Uthaug is a long time favorite here at Twitch, one of the most technically proficient directors in the world, and so we've been keeping an eye on this one for quite some time.
- Entertainment Weekly: Paul Rudd tests 'Ant-Man's shrinking powers against a bathtub tidal wave
Jeremy Renner can kick your ass. OrÂ as he says in a wide-ranging interview with Playboy, he can âchoke [you] out.â But Renner can also outsmart you, with a self-proclaimed I.Q. of 175 and a background in fixing up and flipping million-dollar homes. Here are some of the highlights from the...
Last month, I featured 15 titles that made the cut for film to see in June, and July is no different. It’s a packed summer schedule, and It’s completely understandable if you’re still trying to catch up with films that came out last month. This is simply the reality of the moviegoing cycle this time of year, where titles feel “old” after a week in release and most of us are ready for the new bright and shiny thing.
MARVEL v DC: DAWN of the FANBOYS: Justice has nothing to do with what goes on in a courtroom; Justice is about what comes out of a courtroom. Your honor, may I approach the bench? Marvel Studios, the plaintiff, claims the appelant 'DC cinematic universe' poses no real threat to their reign over the filmmaking industry, and says that being a fan of the DCCU is like being a fan of the spacestation on Mars, that it technically doesn't even exist yet beyond a concept.
It feels I am still dealing with the fallout of E3, and already it is time to turn my attention to GamesCom. The event is just over a month away meaning it is time to get back on that convention wagon. Sony are going to be missing the show this year, which means Microsoft have a full run of the convention to do what they want. A few details have been outlined now too about the company’s annual [pess conference.
PlayStation has always dominated Europe. I’m not exactly certain why, perhaps Europe prefer establish brands. The Xbox 360 certainly made up ground on the previous generation, but it seems the PlayStation 4 has reclaimed that lost ground in a big way. According to SCEE president Jim Ryan, speaking to VG247, the number of PlayStation 4s sold in Europe is incredibly strong compared to other competitors. Well, we have market leadership in every country in Europe, and have very significant market leadership in continental Europe. Extremely significant.
- We Got This Covered: PlayStation 4 Holds “70-90%” Of Market Share In Continental Europe
He'll star alongside Bryan CranstonSelma brought Civil Rights activist Martin Luther King back to UK screens in February, with David Oyelowo in the role. Now Anthony Mackie will be portraying the historical icon, signing on to star opposite Bryan Cranston in play adaptation All The Way.Jay Roach is directing the TV movie for HBO, working from playwright Robert Schenkkan’s own adaptation. Cranston, who won a Tony for his performance on stage, is playing 36th US President Lyndon B. Johnson through a turbulent time in his career. When the assassination of John F.