Top Movie News for September 26, 2016
comScore today announced the official worldwide weekend box office estimates for the weekend of September 25, 2016, as compiled by the company's theatrical measurement services.As the trusted official standard for real-time worldwide box office reporting, comScore provides the only theater-level reporting in the world.
- Coming Soon: The Magnificent Seven Rides to First Place at the Box Office
- USA Today: Box office: 'Magnificent Seven' rides to $35M debut
- MovieWeb: Magnificent Seven Remake Wins Weekend Box Office with $35M
- Variety: Box Office: ‘Magnificent Seven’ Hits Bullseye With $35 Million Debut
- Hollywood Reporter: Weekend Box Office: 'Magnificent Seven' Gallops to No. 1 With $35M
- Moviefone: Box Office: 'Magnificent Seven' Hits Bullseye With $35M Debut
- IGN Movies: Magnificent Seven Shoots Past Storks to Top the Box Office
- Vulture: The Magnificent Seven Performed Magnificently at the Box Office This Weekend
- IndieWire: Box Office Top 10 Takeaways: ‘The Magnificent Seven’ Delivers, ‘Storks’ Doesn’t
- Variety: ‘Bridget Jones’s Baby’ Tops ‘Magnificent Seven’ at Foreign Box Office
- Cinema Blend: Weekend Box Office: Magnificent Seven Shoots Down Storks For Number One Start
- Deadline: ‘Bridget Jones’s Baby’ Tops Overseas Again As ‘Magnificent 7’ Corrals $19.2M & ‘Storks’ Bundles $18.3M – Intl Box Office
- Variety: Korea Box Office: ‘Shadows’ Holds Off ‘Ben Hur,’ ‘Magnificent Seven’
- The Wrap: Box Office: ‘The Magnificent Seven’ to Win Weekend With $35 Million
- The Wrap: ‘The Magnificent Seven’ Tops Weekend Box Office With $35 Million
- ScreenRant: The Magnificent Seven is #1 at the Box Office With $35 Million Debut
- Screen Crush: Weekend Box Office Report: 'The Magnificent Seven' Lives Up to the Adjective in Its Title
- Cinema Blend: Why The Shawshank Redemption Failed At The Box Office, According To Frank Darabont
- Deadline: ‘Best Democracy’ Rules, ‘Queen Of Katwe’ Bows: Specialty Box Office
- Variety: China Box Office: ‘Odyssey’ Clings to Top in Quiet Weekend
- HitFix: Remake This! The Magnificent Seven
- Latino Review: THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN Rides Past STORKS and SULLY And Heading For A $35 Million Debut
- ScreenRant: Weekend Box Office Wrap-up: September 25, 2016
- MTV Movies Blog: The Magnificent Seven Rides Off Into The Sunset After A Huge Opening Weekend
- JoBlo: Weekend Box Office Report: September 23-25, 2016
- The Wrap: Specialty Box Office: Docs ‘Ballot Bandits,’ ‘Generation Startup’ Rise to Top
- Chud: Movie Curiosities: The Magnificent Seven (2016)
- Vulture: Kanye Did a Surprise Set at Chance the Rapper’s Magnificent Coloring Day Festival, But It’s Kanye, So Really, How Surprised Were You?
- Dark Horizons: “Magnificent Seven” Easily Tops The Box-Office
- The Wrap: Evolution of Denzel Washington, From ‘Malcolm X’ To ‘Magnificent Seven’ (Photos)
- BoxOfficeMojo: Analysis: With $35 Million 'Magnificent Seven' Tops Another Lackluster September Weekend
With only her second film as director, Mattie Do takes a big step forward, both for herself as an artist and for Laos as a filmmaking community. Do broke ground with Chantaly, her debut as a filmmaker and also the first horror movie ever produced in the country. As with her first effort, Dearest Sister focuses closely on its characters rather than bloodletting or rollercoaster thrills; the pace is measured and deliberate and even more involving this time around.
- Badass Digest: Fantastic Fest: TONI ERDMANN Revels in the Lonely Comedy of Fatherhood
- Badass Digest: Fantastic Fest: THE AUTOPSY OF JANE DOE Is This Year’s BABADOOK
- Badass Digest: Fantastic Fest: CALL OF HEROES Is Not The Crazy Wuxia Western You’re Looking For
- IndieWire: Dolph Lundgren Helps Set the Record Straight on ‘Rocky IV’ — Fantastic Fest Video
- Badass Digest: Report From Fantastic Fest Day Two!
- AintItCool: Quint wasn't a fan of THE VOID at Fantastic Fest 2016!
- AintItCool: The Diva Del Mar Reviews Dearest Sister at #FantasticFest
- Coming Soon: Fantastic Fest 2016: The Autopsy of Jane Doe Review
- Badass Digest: Fantastic Fest: ALOYS – A Surreal Portrait Of Loneliness
- AintItCool: Fantastic Fest: AMERICAN HONEY makes Annette Kellerman's sweet tooth ache
- Badass Digest: Report From Fantastic Fest Day Three
- AintItCool: Fantastic Fest: Annette Kellerman studies ZOOLOGY with director Ivan I. Tverdovskiy
- Badass Digest: Fantastic Fest: Morgan Spurlock’s RATS Is Delightfully Grotesque
- AintItCool: Augustus Gloop takes us with him for 3 Days of Fantastic Fest awesomery!!!
- Twitch: Fantastic Fest 2016 Review: ZOOLOGY, How Natasha's Tail Set Her Free
- FirstShowing.net: Fantastic Fest Review: Villeneuve's Beautiful, Overwhelming 'Arrival'
- Twitch: Fantastic Fest 2016 Review: A DARK SONG: The Dark, Hard Labour of Forgiveness
- Twitch: Fantastic Fest 2016 Review: THE YOUNG OFFENDERS Elevates a Comic Tale With Fresh Honesty
- Film School Rejects: How You Know You’re At Fantastic Fest
- Twitch: Fantastic Fest 2016 Review: The Unbearable Lightness of TONI ERDMANN
- SlashFilm: ‘The Void’ Is the Best ’80s Horror Throwback in Years [Fantastic Fest Review]
- Twitch: Fantastic Fest 2016 Review: BOYKA: UNDISPUTED Brings the Pain, In and Outside the Ring
- FirstShowing.net: Fantastic Fest Review: Ana Lily-Amirpour's Post-Apocalyptic 'The Bad Batch'
- Twitch: Fantastic Fest 2016 Review: RE: BORN Hails the Bloody Return of Tak Sukiguchi
- Twitch: Fantastic Fest 2016 Review: 24x36: A Movie About Movie Posters
- Twitch: Fantastic Fest 2016 Review: THE INVISIBLE GUEST (CONTRATIEMPO) Locks In Emotional Thrills
- SlashFilm: André Øvredal’s ‘The Autopsy of Jane Doe’ Is Smart, Clever, and Truly Terrifying [Fantastic Fest Review]
- Twitch: Fantastic Fest 2016 Review: FAULTLESS, The Sting of a Woman
- SlashFilm: Remastered in 4K, ‘Phantasm’ is Still Horror’s Weirdest, Wildest, Silliest Crown Jewel [Fantastic Fest Review]
Autobots Bumblebee and Hot Rod are spotted with the Decepticon Barricade on the London set in new photos from Transformers: The Last Knight.
- ScreenRant: Transformers: The Last Knight Set Photos Feature Bumblebee & Hot Rod
- Coming Soon: Transformers: The Last Knight London Set Photos!
- Cinema Blend: The New Transformers Mark Wahlberg Thinks Fans Will Love In The Last Knight
- We Got This Covered: Transformers: The Last Knight Blowout Reveals Mini-Dinobots, Nazis And A Questionable Controversy
- Vulture: Michael Bay’s Next Transformers Film Criticized for Using Nazi Flags at Winston Churchill’s Home
- Dark Horizons: Bay Explains That “Transformers” Nazi Scene
- SlashFilm: ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’ Adds Hitler and Mini-Dinobots To The Mix, Because Why Not?
- ScreenRant: Transformers: The Last Knight Features Mini-Dinobots
- Screen Crush: 'Transformers 5' Used Winston Churchill's Home as a Nazi Headquarters
- Latino Review: TRANSFORMERS: THE LAST KNIGHT: Mini-Dinobots, And (Wait For It) Nazis Headed To The Sequel?
- MovieWeb: Transformers 5 Will Unleash Mini-Dinobots
- MovieWeb: Transformers 5 Brings in Nazis, Is Optimus Prime Fighting Hitler?
- ScreenRant: Michael Bay Defends Nazi Sequences in Transformers: The Last Knight
- Bleeding Cool: Michael Bay Defends Decision To Drape Nazi Flags Across Winston Churchill’s Birth Palace For Transformers: The Last Knight
- HitFix: Michael Bay responds to reports of Nazi imagery in ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’
- Latino Review: TRANSFORMERS 5: Michael Bay Responds To Criticism Against Nazi Sequence At Winston Churchill's Birthplace
- Comic Book Movie: Will We See The Autobots Battling Nazis In TRANSFORMERS: THE LAST KNIGHT?
- Screen Crush: Michael Bay Responds to the 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Nazi Controversy
Chris Hemsworth is a physically fit man. That is no surprise to anyone who has ever seen him. It looks like he may have gotten as big as he has ever been for Thor: Ragnarok though. You can see from this Instagram photo the actor shared, that his arms a looking pretty ludicrous right now. This was posted to celebrate a Western Bulldogs win in the Australian Football League, but gives us our best look at the star who is currently filming. Take a look: Bulldogs yesssssss!!!!!!!!!
- Cinema Blend: Chris Hemsworth Is Looking Huge While Filming Thor: Ragnarok
- ScreenRant: Chris Hemsworth Flexes His Thor: Ragnarok Muscles in New Photo
- Comic Book Movie: THOR Star Chris Hemsworth Shows Off His Impressive Physique In New Instagram Post
- Coming Soon: Sam Neill Reunites with Taika Waititi and Jeff Goldblum in Thor: Ragnarok
- Cinema Blend: Thor: Ragnarok Has Added Another Jurassic Park Star
- Dark Horizons: Sam Neill Joins “Thor: Ragnarok” Cast
- IGN Movies: Jurassic Park Star Sam Neill Joins Thor: Ragnarok
- We Got This Covered: Sam Neill Confirms His Role In Thor: Ragnarok
- Comic Book Movie: Sam Neill Confirms THOR: RAGNAROK Role
- ScreenRant: Jurassic Park’s Sam Neill Confirms He Has a Role in Thor: Ragnarok
- Latino Review: Sam Neill Says He's In MARVEL'S THOR: RAGNAROK
- Bleeding Cool: Sam Neill Is In Thor: Ragnarok But He Can’t Say What As Yet
- Screen Crush: Sam Neill Confirms He Will Appear in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- SlashFilm: ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ Gets a ‘Jurassic Park’ Reunion As Sam Neill Joins The Cast
- HitFix: ‘Jurassic Park’s’ Dr. Grant & Dr. Malcom reunite for ‘Thor: Ragnarok’
- MovieWeb: Thor 3 Reunites Jurassic Park Stars Sam Neill & Jeff Goldblum
Marvel Studios has officially started an awards season campaign for their blockbuster hit Captain America: Civil War.
- We Got This Covered: The Russo Brothers Almost Killed Off Steve Rogers In Captain America: Civil War
- Cinema Blend: Why Captain America: Civil War Didn’t Kill Off Any Avengers, According To The Russos
- HitFix: Kevin Feige and the Russo brothers reveal why no Avenger got killed off in ‘Captain America: Civil War’
- ScreenRant: Why No Avengers Died in Captain America: Civil War
- MovieWeb: Why Didn't Any Avengers Die in Captain America: Civil War?
- ScreenRant: Captain America: Civil War Submitted For Awards Consideration
- Screen Crush: 'Captain America: Civil War' Enters the Award Season Fray
- IGN Movies: Civil War Suit Designer on Returning Spidey to His Roots
- Dark Horizons: The Russos On Marvel “Civil War” Death
- IGN Movies: How They Made Tony Stark Younger in Civil War
- IGN Movies: Feige on Why They Didn't Kill THAT Character in Civil War
- JoBlo: Hugo Weaving looks back on his time as Red Skull in Captain America
- MovieWeb: Avengers: Infinity War Will Continue Marvel's Civil War
- Comic Book Movie: The Russos Reveal They Had Discussions About Killing Cap In CIVIL WAR
- Bleeding Cool: [Spoilers] The Russo Brothers Explain Why All The Avangers Remain At The End Of Civil War
Doctor Strange is barreling down on us pretty fast right, with the November 4th date mere weeks away at this point. Well, just over five to be exact. That is why it’s unsurprsing then that the promotional work is kicking up. Here are a couple of new TV spots that have just been released, showcasing the film in a couple ways. None of it is new by my eye, but there is lot of stuff in here though, and it covers a whole lot of imagery.
- We Got This Covered: Marvel Conjures Up Three New Doctor Strange TV Spots
- Dark Horizons: Four New “Doctor Strange” TV Spots
- ScreenRant: Doctor Strange Featured in New Empire Magazine Covers
- MovieWeb: How Benedict Cumberbatch Almost Lost His Doctor Strange Role
- ScreenRant: Doctor Strange: Benedict Cumberbatch Only Actor ‘Seriously Considered’
- Comic Book Movie: DOCTOR STRANGE Actor Benedict Cumberbatch Was Always Marvel's First Choice
- Screen Crush: Marvel Agreed to Delay Production on 'Doctor Strange' to Snag Benedict Cumberbatch
- ScreenRant: New Doctor Strange TV Spots: Question Your Reality
- Bleeding Cool: Benedict Cumberbatch Was The Only Actor Seriously Considered For Doctor Strange
- Latino Review: New TV Spots For MARVEL'S DOCTOR STRANGE Are HERE!!
- Comic Book Movie: Four New DOCTOR STRANGE TV Spots Released
- HitFix: If Marvel hadn't delayed production we could have had a very different Doctor Strange
Dwayne Johnson announces Ser'Darius Blain, Madison Iseman, Alex Wolff and Morgan Turner have come aboard Jumanji 2 as plot details start to come in.
- We Got This Covered: Sony Finds Its Jumanji Juniors As First Story Details Emerge From The Jungle
- ScreenRant: Jumanji Plot Details Revealed; Adds Alex Wolff, Rhys Darby & More
- SlashFilm: ‘Jumanji’ Sequel’s Video Game-Centric Plot Details Surface As Four New Cast Members Join
- Cinema Blend: Watch Jack Black Hilariously Shut Down Jumanji Production In New On-Location Video
- Dark Horizons: “Jumanji” Gets More Actors & Set Videos
- Screen Crush: 'Jumanji' Set Videos Show the Rock and Kevin Hart Having Some Fun in the Jungle
- HitFix: 'Jumanji' cast has a little fun when production shuts down due to a 'rice' emergency
- Bleeding Cool: This Possible Plot Synopsis For Jumanji Sounds Pretty Weird
- JoBlo: Dwayne Johnson welcomes four "Jumanji Juniors" to the cast of the sequel
- HitFix: The Rock welcomes 'Jumanji' juniors to the cast
Jon Favreau reveals how fun it is to come back as Happy Hogan alongside Robert Downey Jr. in Marvel's Spider-Man: Homecoming.
- ScreenRant: Spider-Man: Homecoming – Jon Favreau On ‘Fun’ Return to MCU
- Bleeding Cool: Jon Favreau Talks About His Pleasure In Returning As Happy Hogan In Spider-Man: Homecoming
- Cinema Blend: How Jon Favreau Feels About Acting In Spider-Man: Homecoming
- ScreenRant: Spider-Man: Homecoming Production Wraps in Atlanta; Heads to New York
- MovieWeb: Spider-Man Homecoming Wraps in Atlanta, Moves to New York
- Dark Horizons: “Spider-Man” Shifts Production To New York
- Deadline: Bill Nunn Dies: ‘Do The Right Thing’ And ‘Spider-Man’ Trilogy Actor Was 62
- The A.V. Club: Newswire: R.I.P. Do The Right Thing and Spider-Man’s Bill Nunn
- ScreenRant: Spider-Man & Do the Right Thing Actor Bill Nunn Passes Away at 62
Rob Zombie‘s version of Halloween certainly has its cult following. While it didn’t land with too many critics, the film’s take on Michael Myers has garnered some love with Horror fans. It seems that the original’s director John Carpenter, isn’t among them though. To be fair, it seems there is a personal dislike there that taints his opinion. Speaking with New York Film Academy Students (via iHorror), Carpenter still holds some animosity over Zombie saying that Carpenter wasn’t supportive of the remake. He said: He lied about me.
- IndieWire: John Carpenter Trashes Rob Zombie’s ‘Halloween’ Remake
- Cinema Blend: John Carpenter’s Blunt Opinion On Rob Zombie’s Version Of Halloween
- Horror Society: Halloween Themed Horror Film THE HARVESTERS Releases First Trailer!
- IGN Movies: Ranking Halloween Horror Nights' Awesome Mazes
- Horror Society: Comic Crypt: GRIMM FAIRY TALES: HALLOWEEN EDITION 2016 Preview
- HitFix: A Guide to Universal's Halloween Horror Nights 2016
Amazon has released the first trailer for their upcoming original television series Good Girls Revolt starring Anna Camp (True Blood, Pitch Perfect) as Jane Hollander, Grace Gummer (Mr. Robot, The Newsroom) as Nora Ephron and Jim Belushi as Wick McFadden.
- IndieWire: ‘Good Girls Revolt’ Trailer: Amazon Series Aspires to Be ‘Mad Men’ but Feminist
- Dark Horizons: First Trailer: Amazon’s “Good Girls Revolt”
- Vulture: The Newsroom Meets Mad Men in the First Trailer for Amazon’s Good Girls Revolt
- Deadline: Amazon’s ‘Good Girls Revolt’ Repaints History With ‘Mad Men’ Brush – Trailer
- Vulture: Masters of Sex Recap: A Good Story
TV fans recognize Danai Gurira as katana-wielding hero Michonne in AMC’s The Walking Dead. Gurira has garnered much praise for her four-seasons-long portrayal of Michonne, whose complex backstory is laden with trauma. We last saw Michonne and other members of Rick’s squad in immediate peril at the hands of the villainous Negan, and are eager to see more from her when the show returns to AMC this fall. Outside of The Walking Dead, though, Gurira is a bit of a Renaissance Woman.
- Comic Book Movie: THE WALKING DEAD's Danai Gurira Discusses The Significance Of Marvel's BLACK PANTHER
- Variety: ‘Fear the Walking Dead’ Recap: ‘Date of Death’
- The A.V. Club: TV Club: Déjà vu and boredom rule tonight’s Fear The Walking Dead
- Vulture: Fear the Walking Dead Recap: Plausible Deniability
- SlashFilm: Superhero Bits: Black Panther’s Ring, Tony Stark’s Parents, Blade v Ghost Rider & More
With news of “Do The Right Thing” actor Bill Nunn’s death at age 62 on Saturday, Nunn’s show-business colleagues rushed to pay tribute to the actor on social media. “Private Practice” actress Audra McDonald, who worked with Nunn on the 2008 film “A Raisin in the Sun,” called the actor “a gem of a man.” “Heartbroken to hear of Bill Nunn’s passing. He was a gem of a man and I loved working with and getting to know him,” McDonald wrote.
- Variety: Bill Nunn, Radio Raheem in Spike Lee’s ‘Do the Right Thing,’ Dies at 62
- Hollywood Reporter: Bill Nunn, Radio Raheem in Spike Lee's 'Do the Right Thing,' Dies at 62
- IndieWire: Bill Nunn, Radio Raheem in ‘Do the Right Thing,’ Dies at 62
- Vulture: Do the Right Thing Actor Bill Nunn Dead at 62
- USA Today: 'Do the Right Thing' actor Bill Nunn dies
If you're anything like me, I know you've long fantasized about a feature-film based on one of the biggest iOS games of all time, and no, I'm not talking about Angry Birds, we've already done that, do try to catch up. After the box-office success of THE ANGRY BIRDS MOVIE, studios have been looking at other properties to adapt which people likely associate with sitting on the... Read More...
- Latino Review: New Line Acquires Rights To FRUIT NINJA Movie
- ScreenRant: Fruit Ninja Movie Picked Up By New Line
- MovieWeb: Fruit Ninja Movie Is Happening at New Line
- Screen Crush: Everybody Relax, We're Finally Getting the 'Fruit Ninja' Movie We've Always Wanted
Gal Gadot and Chris Pine are seen in two leaked photos from the upcoming second trailer for Wonder Woman, which hits theaters next June.
- ScreenRant: Wonder Woman Trailer #2 Leaked Image Shows Diana at War
- Screen Crush: 'Wonder Woman' Goes to War in These Brand New Leaked Photos
- Latino Review: Do These Leaked WONDER WOMAN Photos Hint At An Upcoming Trailer?
- Comic Book Movie: Gal Gadot Brings The Heat In Two New Low-Res Images From WONDER WOMAN
Sam Neill reveals that his iconic character Alan Grant will not come back for Jurassic World 2, because of one simple reason.
- ScreenRant: Sam Neill Explains Why Alan Grant Won’t Be in Jurassic World 2
- Latino Review: JURASSIC WORLD 2: Sam Neill Doesn't Think Alan Grant Will Be Returning Anytime Soon...Or Ever
- Bleeding Cool: Sam Neill Offers Some Interesting Theories As To Where Alan Grant Is In Jurassic World
- Cinema Blend: What’s Happened To Alan Grant In The Jurassic Park Universe, According To Sam Neill
PLOT: A young man (Asa Butterfield) discovers a world of peculiars, children with extraordinary abilities that are watched over by a woman, Miss Peregrine (Eva Green), who protects them from the minions of an evil scientist (Samuel L. Jackson). REVIEW: After taking a break from fantasy to tackle his down-to-earth passion project, BIG EYES, director Tim Burton is back playing on a large fantasy canvas,... Read More...
- Cinema Blend: This Rotten Week: Predicting Deepwater Horizon, Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children, And Masterminds Reviews
- JoBlo: Tim Burton's Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children releases new clip
- Variety: Film Review: Tim Burton’s ‘Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children’
- IndieWire: ‘Miss Peregrine’s Home For Peculiar Children’ Review: X-Men Meets Harry Potter In Tim Burton’s Painfully Clichéd YA Saga
- The Wrap: ‘Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children’ Review: Tim Burton Gums Up the Works
Aye-yi-yi-yi-yi! The new Power Rangers has Zords, Bryan Cranston, Elizabeth Banks, and now Bill Hader as the robot Alpha 5. Continue reading…
Last month, the Los Angeles Times began a six-part story on Kelli Peters, a school volunteer and PTA member in the community of Irvine, California who became the unwitting subject of a bizarre conspiracy to ruin her family’s name. A few days later, Peters’ tell-all book, I’ll Get You! Drugs, Lies, and the Terrorizing of a PTA Mom, hit bookshelves across the country. It wasn’t long before the film rights to the book were shopped around in Hollywood, and now it appears a major star is interested in playing the role of Peters herself. Continue reading…
- The A.V. Club: Newswire: Julia Roberts to play real-life PTA mom who was framed for possessing drugs
- Cinema Blend: Julia Roberts To Play Disgraced PTA Mom In Wild Real Life Tale
- Dark Horizons: Julia Roberts To Play A “Framed” Mom
Netflix has a new ad that is a bit odd and kind of funny. The ad isn’t for a specific show but rather the idea of getting hooked on a show. Netflix continues to push the idea of binge watching programs. The company has yet to show how it measures the success of a series, but it may involve seeing how many viewers watch a show all the way through.
Fox has released a new 360 degree video for their horror series The Exorcist. The video shows the inside of an attic and allows you to pan around the room or up and down while a few odd things happen. Which is cool if you happen to be looking at the part of the room where they thing happens at the time. The series takes the original movie and expands on it. Following Father Thomas Ortega (Alfonso Herrera) as he is called in to deal with the Rance family.
I’m quite jazzed about the the Assassin’s Creed movie. That universe could lend itself to film really well. It’s massive, with a near endless scope of history, and the focus on the Spanish Inquisition for the first film is a great choice. From the sounds of it, a lot of practical work has gone into the movie too, with a stuntman jumping 125 feet for a real Leap of Fate.
- ScreenRant: Assassin’s Creed Photo Features Michael Fassbender in Action
- Coming Soon: Assassin’s Creed Photos: A Look at the Video Game Adaptation
- Dark Horizons: Even More New Photos From “Assassin’s Creed”
The release of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story is just a few months away. But the onslaught of merchandise is much closer with Rogue Friday coming on September 30th next week. A whole slew of new toys, clothes, collectibles and much more will show off plenty of new characters from the first spin-off movie in the Star Wars universe.
Warner Bros. third movie in the DCEU was supposed to be a universal hit that would help calm the fears of weary viewers following Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice. Instead, Suicide Squad was also quite divisive, even while doing well at the box office.
If you’re one of those people who thinks that this past summer proved that movies are dead, may I cheerfully offer you Hunt for the Wilderpeople as Exhibit A in Hollywood’s defense? Not only did Taika Waititi give us one of the year’s best films in his hilarious and moving coming-of-age film, he also reminded audiences that Sam Neill is the kindly uncle we all wish we had in real life.
"We're trapped down here!" IFC Midnight has debuted a short teaser trailer for an indie horror film titled The Autopsy of Jane Doe, a new thriller about morticians who encounter a "Jane Doe" body unlike any other. Emile Hirsch and Brian Cox play father-son coroners who receive a mysterious homicide victim with no apparent cause of death. "Perfectly preserved on the outside, Jane Doe's insides have been scarred, charred and dismembered." As they begin to go to work, they discover "increasingly bizarre clues" that hold the key to her terrifying secrets.
The Internet Movie Database, otherwise known as IMDb, and other entertainment database sites are now legally bound to remove the age of an actor if they request it. Why? It all comes down to discrimination.http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/harpy
After more than a year of buzz and waiting, Chris Pratt and Jennifer Lawrence’s new sci-fi film Passengers premieres in a little under three months. The script, written by Jon Spaihts (Prometheus, Doctor Strange), has been around a lot longer and was even included in 2007’s Black List (a list of Hollywood’s most admired scripts that have yet to be greenlit).
The 42nd season of Saturday Night Live will kick off on October 1st. Just recently we found out the three new names who will be joining the cast following the surprising exits of Jay Pharoah and Taran Killam (and the not-so-surprising exit of featured player Jon Rudnitsky). And now we finally know who will be hosting the season premiere. Margot Robbie has risen to fame rather quickly in a short period of time thanks to her breakthrough turn in The Wolf of Wall Street up through her recent turn as Harley Quinn in Suicide Squad.
Costume Designers Marion Boyce and Margot Wilson discuss their swoon-worthy 1950s creations in Jocelyn Moorhouse’s latest.Continue reading on Film School Rejects »
Virtual Reality (or VR) is a thing now, and that's awesome. While it's in its early stages, the demos that have been shown in the gaming world, as well as concert (and porn) videos, shows that the new technology has potential. We're not able to use a holodeck to shoot Borg with machine guns yet, but it's a start. Hulu is also trying to capitalize on that potential,... Read More...
- Horror Society: THE WINDMILL Official Trailer
Actor Paul Dano is gearing up to make his directorial debut. It was announced over the summer the Swiss Army Man star would direct Wildlife, based on Richard Ford‘s coming-of-age novel. Dano co-wrote the adaptation with actress, partner, and screenwriter Zoe Kazan (Ruby Sparks), but neither of them will star in the film. The stars of Wildlife are Jake Gyllenhaal (Nocturnal Animals) and Carey Mulligan (Inside Llewyn Davis). Below, learn more about Paul Dano’s directorial debut. Variety first reported Gyllenhaal and Mulligan have signed up for Dano’s film.
Good news, Whovians: we now know exactly when Class will be in session. U.K. fans will be able to catch the Doctor Who spinoff starting October 22 on BBC Three. U.S.
Sorry, Jared Leto; you’ll just have to deal with the fact that the world saw you diss Taylor Swift. “Suicide Squad” star Jared Leto has lost a lawsuit he brought against TMZ, over a video the website published featuring Leto saying he didn’t “give a f—” about Swift. Leto sued TMZ for copyright infringement in December, claiming that it had published an “unauthorized or stolen copy” of the video, and that the video was “private and confidential and not meant to be publicly released.” Also Read: Jared Leto Gave His 'Suicide
In a new interview with Entertainment Weekly, Iris West actress Candice Patton confirms to the magazine that a major revelation about Barry Allen's love interest will come to light as a result of the Flashpoint timeline. "All I can tell you is that there’s quite a big reveal when it comes to Iris in the premiere — though that doesn’t mean she’s wildly different in the Flashpoint timeline," says EW. However, Patton was quick to add that Iris won't be radically different from the burgeoning journalist we all know and love.
- We Got This Covered: Expect “A Big Reveal” For Iris West In The Flash Season Premiere
Bad Santa was a novel concept that ran pretty far with the swearing, drinking Santa schtick, and it grew a fanbase into what could arguably be called a ‘cult’ following. The series is making a return this Christmas with Bad Santa 2, and you can get your best look at it here with these two trailers. There is a very sweary, NSFW trailer up first, which seems to really be trying to ram home its crude comedy here. And I mean that. It is pretty vulgar.
In a new sneak peek at Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. season 4, episode 02 - "Meet the New Boss" clip, Daisy (Chloe Bennet) surprises Robbie (Gabriel Luna) at the junkyard where he works and questions him about his seemingly innocent victims and makes a few ambiguous accusations and threats. Of course, that doesn't sit too well with Robbie who knows exactly what kind of people his victims were.
A few months ago, the first featurette for the upcoming DC animated movie Justice League Dark hit the internet. And while the film has yet to receive a release date for home video — or its inevitable “one night only” theatrical showing as part of a Fathom Events promotion — it appears that the first official group shot of the Justice League Dark superheroes has finally found its away online for your viewing pleasure, courtesy of iO9. Continue reading…
According to Entertainment Weekly, Brenda Strong (Desperate Housewives) has joined Supergirl in a recurring role for its upcoming second season.
- Comic Book Movie: Brenda Strong Has A Recurring Role In SUPERGIRL Season 2
Roger Corman Manu Bennett are bringing Death Race 2050 to New York Comic Con this October.
- Horror Society: Comic Crypt: DEATH FORCE #5 Preview
A new action scene from Star Wars 8 has leaked, which will reportedly feature Finn and a lot of First Order troops along with a few space bombs.
We all knew that this whole "there not being Harry Potter" thing wouldn't last for long. Fans had not only grown in love with the characters for what's now almost 20 years, but they'd fallen just as much in love with the world itself. Sure, an actual Harry Potter story on film seemed unlikely -- at least in the immediate future -- but another story set in the Wizarding World seemed very likely. And it was.Then Warner Bros. surprised no one when the revealed they'd be, in fact, be creating a spinoff film series.
In April 2015, it was revealed that Lorenzo di Bonaventura was working on finding a home for Millar and Quitley's limited series, Jupiter's Legacy. While doing press for Deepwater Horizon, he provided an update on the project, revealing that he thinks its actually better suited for television. Talking to THR, Bonventure stated, "I have a project with Mark Millar, who wrote [the comic that became] Kingsman: The Secret Service, that is a superhero project: Jupiter's Legacy.
In the past, superhero films often chose the biggest, buffest guy possible to play the hero — think Shaquille O’Neal as “Steel.” Today’s films choose a great actor first — think Robert Downey Jr. as “Iron Man” — and then get him in incredible shape. That has led to many older onscreen heroes, since an actor may be in his 40s before he has the star power to be a convincing icon.
Park Chan-wook has spent much of his career being compared to the great Alfred Hitchock and The Handmaiden isn’t going to stop that. But there’s something to be said for a modern filmmaker being constantly placed side-by-side with one of the greatest directors of all time and there’s something more to be said when that director was known for his range and his willingness to take risks.
The Simpsons is entering its 28th year, yet I still have new questions every time I see showrunner Al Jean at the Fox Television Critics Association party. Jean has been the show runner for 26 of the 28 years. He took two years to do the short-lived animated series The Critic, and may be the only other person besides myself who has watched every single episode of The Simpsons. This year, Fox made some announcements during their TCA executive session. Amy Schumer is doing a voice role on all of their Sunday night animated shows, and The Simpsons will do their first ever one-hour episode.
The ashes of the late Truman Capote — who wrote the acclaimed novels “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” and “In Cold Blood” — were auctioned off over the weekend for $43,750 by Julien’s Auctions in Los Angeles. The self-proclaimed “auction house to the stars” obtained the late author’s remains from Joanne Carson, ex-wife of the late “Tonight Show” host Johnny Carson.
Set photographer Clay Enos confirms an obscure detail from Batman v Superman that sheds some new light on the story.
Assassin's Creed is a big gamble for 20th Century Fox, especially considering Hollywood's long-documented history with video game films, but, despite that, there's still plenty of reason to be optimistic that this one turns out differently. The film stars 2x Academy Award-nominee Michael Fassbender in the lead as Callum Lynch and as his assassin counterpart Aguilar with a supporting cast featuring Academy Award-winner Marion Cotillard, Primetime Emmy-nominee Michael K.
Mark Millar’s material is highly popular in the pages of comic books and highly sought after for big-budget Hollywood adaptations. Several of his books have made the transition including Wanted, Kick-Ass, Kingsman: The Secret Service (which is getting a sequel), perhaps most famous of all was his work on Marvel’s Civil War series.
Director Peter Berg dives back into the realm of real-life events this week with DEEPWATER HORIZON, based on the 2010 disaster that caused 11 deaths and is now known as the biggest oil spill in U.S. history. Starring Mark Wahlberg, Kurt Russell, Kate Hudson, Gina Rodriguez, John Malkovich, Ethan Suplee, and Dylan O'Brien, the film is a powerful retelling of the human struggle to survive the... Read More...
Though the Marvel Cinematic Universe is constantly expanding, with planned films slated to go on into the 2020s, fans of its many franchises know two things to be true at each movie premiere: the films should not be upheld as direct interpretations of the comics, and Stan Lee is going to show up somewhere.
1. Magnificent Seven, TheGross: $35,000,000Total: $35,000,000
2. StorksGross: $21,805,000Total: $21,805,000
3. SullyGross: $13,830,000Total: $92,393,447
4. Bridget Jones's BabyGross: $4,523,065Total: $16,460,740
5. SnowdenGross: $4,144,989Total: $15,139,215