Top Movie News for July 26, 2016
Director David Ayer clarifies a long-standing rumor about The Jokers true identity in Suicide Squad.
- We Got This Covered: Suicide Squad Director David Ayer Makes It Clear That The Joker Definitely Isn’t Jason Todd
- ScreenRant: Suicide Squad Director Shoots Down Jason Todd/Joker Theory
- Screen Crush: Nope, The Joker in 'Suicide Squad' Isn't Jason Todd
- MTV Movies Blog: Suicide Squad Director Debunks Major Joker Fan Theory
- Comic Book Movie: David Ayer Shoots Down Those "Jason Todd Is The Joker" Rumors
- Bleeding Cool: Suicide Squad Director David Ayer Dimissess Jason Todd Rumor
- Shockya: Suicide Squad Gets A New Character Video Featuring The Joker
- Hollywood Reporter: 'Suicide Squad': No, The Joker Really Isn't A Former Robin Gone Bad
- Comic Book Movie: Hot Toys Officially Reveals Their SUICIDE SQUAD Deadshot, Harley Quinn, And Joker Collectible Figures
- Entertainment Weekly: 'Suicide Squad': Jared Leto shares a suave, unsettling Joker selfie
- Latino Review: The Joker/Jason Todd Rumor Is Dead: SUICIDE SQUAD Director David Ayer Ends Speculation
- We Got This Covered: Jared Leto Is Dressed To Kill In All-New BTS Suicide Squad Snap
- Cinema Blend: David Ayer Just Shot Down A Huge Suicide Squad Rumor
- Cinema Blend: Is The Flash Cameoing In Suicide Squad?
- Comic Book Movie: Jai Courtney Says Playing Captain Boomerang In SUICIDE SQUAD Is Like Playing Himself
- ScreenRant: Suicide Squad: New Harley Quinn Photo Released
- MovieWeb: The Flash Has a Cameo in Suicide Squad?
- MovieWeb: First Look at Harley Quinn's Jester Costume in Suicide Squad
- Latino Review: Will The Flash Have A Cameo In SUICIDE SQUAD?
- ScreenRant: Suicide Squad Director Denies ‘Comedy’ Reshoots: ‘It Doesn’t Work Like That’
- JoBlo: David Ayer shoots down those Jason Todd/Joker theories
- SlashFilm: ‘Suicide Squad’ Clips: Deadshot, Katana, Amanda Waller and Enchantress Do Their Thing
- SlashFilm: Superhero Bits: Comic-Con 2017 Dates, Suicide Squad Single, Captain Marvel Directors & More
- Comic Book Movie: SUPERHEROSTUFF Product Spotlight: SUICIDE SQUAD Vintage Bomb Men's T-Shirt
- Dark Horizons: "Flash" Gets Female Lead, "Squad" Cameo?
The idea of a sequel to Ridley Scott's BLADE RUNNER should sound like a terrible idea, it really should, but damn if I'm not growing more and more excited about the project with each passing day. Taking place decades after the first film, the UNTITLED BLADE RUNNER SEQUEL will bring Harrison Ford back as Rick Deckard and pair him up with Ryan Gosling. Details on the plot are close to... Read More...
- Latino Review: THE WALKING DEAD's Lennie James Joins BLADE RUNNER 2
- Comic Book Movie: Denis Villeneuve's BLADE RUNNER Sequel Rounds Out Its Cast With THE WALKING DEAD's Lennie James
- Variety: ‘Walking Dead’ Actor Lennie James Joins ‘Blade Runner’ Sequel
- Deadline: ‘Walking Dead’s Lennie James Joins ‘Blade Runner’ Sequel
- Coming Soon: Blade Runner Sequel Adds The Walking Dead’s Lennie James
- We Got This Covered: The Walking Dead Stalwart Lennie James Caps Off Blade Runner 2 Cast
- The Wrap: ‘Blade Runner’ Sequel Adds ‘Walking Dead’ Star Lennie James
- Bleeding Cool: The Walking Dead’s Lennie James To Join Blade Runner Sequel
- ScreenRant: The Walking Dead’s Lennie James Joins Blade Runner 2
- SlashFilm: ‘Blade Runner 2’ Adds ‘The Walking Dead’ Star Lennie James
- MovieWeb: Blade Runner 2 Gets Walking Dead Favorite Lennie James
- Dark Horizons: Lennie James Joins The "Blade Runner" Sequel
- Entertainment Weekly: Lennie James joins 'Blade Runner' sequel
- Cinema Blend: Blade Runner 2 Wants To Add A Walking Dead Star In A Key Role
'Jason Bourne' marks the return of Paul Greengrass and Matt Damon to the spy franchise that they turned into one of Universal's biggest series, but do they actually have anything new to add?http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/motion-captured
- Cinema Blend: Jason Bourne Ultimate Franchise Trailer Is The Perfect Crash Course Before The New Movie
- Variety: Box Office: ‘Jason Bourne’ Targets $50 Million Debut, ‘Bad Moms’ Looks Like Sleeper Hit
- IGN Movies: Alicia Vikander Is Ready to Stay In the Bourne Franchise
- Entertainment Weekly: 'Jason Bourne' reviews: Bourne is back in familiar but fun action flick
- Comic Book Movie: First Reviews For JASON BOURNE Say It's "A Bruising And Exhilarating Ride"
- MovieWeb: Jason Bourne Review: Matt Damon Packs a Timely Punch
- MovieWeb: Jason Bourne Goes Gunning for Star Trek Beyond at the Box Office
- JoBlo: Jason Bourne - 8-Bit Trailers (Video)
- JoBlo: Cool Videos: Matt Damon sums up the Jason Bourne story in 90 seconds
- ScreenRant: Jason Bourne Early Reviews: Well-Done Action, Well-Worn Plot
- SlashFilm: ‘Jason Bourne’ Early Buzz: An Unnecessary, Dumbed Down, Yet Thrilling Rehash
- The Wrap: Matt Damon’s ‘Jason Bourne’ Should Punch in at $60 Million
Jason Bateman stars as a branch manager who throws an epic Christmas party to try and save his employees' jobs in Office Christmas Party.
- Screen Crush: 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer: T.J. Miller, Kate McKinnon and Jason Bateman Blow Off Some Steam
- JoBlo: T.J. Miller & Jason Bateman star in the Office Christmas Party trailer
- Moviefone: 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer Turns Up the Holidays
- Hollywood Reporter: 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer: T.J. Miller-Led Holiday Celebration Gets Out of Hand
- Bleeding Cool: Is It Too Early To Think About Christmas In The Office Christmas Party Trailer?
- Latino Review: Celebrate The Holidays - Trailer For OFFICE CHRISTMAS PARTY Is Here!
- FirstShowing.net: One Epic Party Gets Out of Hand in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Entertainment Weekly: Watch the new trailer for 'Office Christmas Party'
- The Wrap: First ‘Office Christmas Party’ Trailer Is Here – And It Looks Like a Crazy Good Time (Video)
- SlashFilm: ‘Office Christmas Party’ Trailer: “Hey Santa, Wanna Party?”
- Dark Horizons: Trailer: Ensemble Comedy "Office Xmas Party"
This past weekend, Marvel Studios brought thunder and lightning to their presentation at San Diego Comic-Con. Marvel is riding a nearly decade-long wave of success, resulting in a lineup of films that has continued to expand their world in some creative and fun ways. Now that their cinematic universe is firmly established, the company is set to tell more stories from different corners of the MCU that have yet to be explored. One of the new faces of Marvel coming to theaters is Black Panther in early 2018.
- We Got This Covered: Michael B. Jordan Levels On Assuming The Villain Role In Black Panther
- Comic Book Movie: Michael B. Jordan Says There's No Ego Involved With His Decision To Play BLACK PANTHER's Villain
- IGN Movies: Black Panther: Lupita Nyong’o Reveals Story, Villain Details
- Hollywood Reporter: 'Black Panther' Plot Details Revealed: He'll Be "Threatened by Two Foes"
- Shockya: Marvel’s Black Panther Gets A New Logo
- Dark Horizons: First Details Of The "Black Panther" Film Story
- Latino Review: Marvel's BLACK PANTHER Movie Will Feature Two Villains, And The C.I.A.?
- ScreenRant: Black Panther: First Plot Details Revealed
- Screen Crush: 'Black Panther' Star Lupita Nyong'o Reveals First Plot Details For the Solo Film
- Entertainment Weekly: Lupita Nyong'o teases 'Black Panther' plot details
- MovieWeb: First Black Panther Story Details Revealed
- HitFix: Lupita Nyong’o spilled ‘Black Panther’ secrets she probably shouldn’t have at Comic-Con
Unfortunately we're still waiting for a film to come along and break the so called video-game movie curse; Duncan Jones' WARCRAFT didn't wind up being the film to do it and now it's up to ASSASSIN'S CREED, the upcoming adaptation of the Ubisoft franchise of the same name starring Michael Fassbender. Ubisoft has been attracting some big talent to their upcoming... Read More...
- Hollywood Reporter: Jessica Chastain in Talks to Join Jake Gyllenhaal in Ubisoft's 'The Division' (Exclusive)
- Variety: Jessica Chastain in Talks to Star With Jake Gyllenhaal in ‘The Division’ Adaptation
- Vulture: Jessica Chastain Is in Talks to Fight in Jake Gyllenhaal’s The Division, and Please, Please Can She Rock Some Aviators Again?
- IndieWire: ‘Tom Clancy’s The Division’: Jessica Chastain May Join Jake Gyllenhaal in Video-Game Adaptation
- Bleeding Cool: Jessica Chastain To Join The Division Alongside Jake Gyllenhaal
- Entertainment Weekly: Jessica Chastain in talks to join Jake Gyllenhaal's 'The Division'
- Coming Soon: Jessica Chastain Eyes Tom Clancy’s The Division
- IGN Movies: The Division: Chastain Up for Role in Ubisoft Movie
- The Wrap: Toronto Film Festival to Showcase Jake Gyllenhaal, Amy Adams, Ryan Gosling Movies
- Deadline: Paramount Film Vet Eben Davidson Moves To TV Division As SVP Development
Donna Dickens and Jill Pantozzi discuss how the SDCC 'Wonder Woman' trailer raised expectations for Diana's solo outing higher than they've ever been.http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/harpy
- Cinema Blend: 6 Things Patty Jenkins' Wonder Woman Needs To Get Right
- Cinema Blend: What We Loved Most About The Wonder Woman Comic-Con Footage
- We Got This Covered: Wonder Woman Action Shot Thrusts Gal Gadot’s Heroine Into Battle
- Comic Book Movie: Gal Gadot's Amazon Warrior Surveys The Carnage Of The Great War In A New WONDER WOMAN Image
- Latino Review: WONDER WOMAN: New Image From The Film Shows Heroine At War
- SlashFilm: ‘Wonder Woman’ Trailer Breakdown: A Frame by Frame Analysis of Gal Gadot Being a Badass
- Screen Crush: New 'Wonder Woman' Photo Sends Diana to the Trenches
- Film School Rejects: How The Wonder Woman Trailer Converted Disinterest into Fierce Anticipation
- ScreenRant: New Wonder Woman Photo: Diana in the Trenches
Paul Feig ain’t afraid of no ghosts, but an epic blizzard may be another story. The filmmaker has signed on to make the intriguingly titled Supermodel Snowpocalypse, about fashionistas caught in a snowstorm in Chile. It’s based on an article by Mickey Rapkin, who is best known for writing the book that inspired Pitch Perfect. THR reports Paramount has scooped up the rights to Rapkin’s 2016 Elle magazine article, titled This Drug-Fueled, Multimillion-Dollar Supermodel Snowpocalypse Has Been Fashion’s Best-Kept Secret Since ’77.
- Variety: Paul Feig Developing ‘Supermodel Snowpocalypse’ at Paramount
- Hollywood Reporter: Paul Feig Brings 'Supermodel Snowpocalypse' to Paramount (Exclusive)
- Badass Digest: Paul Feig Understands That No One Can Resist A Film Called SUPERMODEL SNOWPOCALYPSE
- AintItCool: Paul Feig to make SUPERMODEL SNOWPOCALYPSE (based on a true story!)
- Screen Crush: Paul Feig to Produce Film Based on Insane True Story of 'Supermodel Snowpocalypse'
- JoBlo: Paul Feig is bringing us deep into the Supermodel Snowpocalypse
- Vulture: Paul Feig Is Producing an Insane Film About Supermodels Stranded in a Chilean Snowstorm
- Dark Horizons: Feig To Produce "Supermodel Snowpocalypse"
- The Wrap: Paul Feig Trades Ghosts for Supermodels in New Comedy at Paramount
A recent court hearing calls Star Wars: The Force Awakens Millennium Falcon set a death trap just waiting to kill someone.
- HitFix: Prosecutor: Harrison Ford could have been killed in 'Star Wars' accident
- The Wrap: ‘Star Wars’ Producers Admit Guilt in Harrison Ford On-Set ‘Force Awakens’ Injury
- Entertainment Weekly: 'Star Wars' production company pleads guilty over set accident
- ScreenRant: How The Millennium Falcon Set Almost Killed Harrison Ford
- Bleeding Cool: Star Wars: The Force Awakens Producers Plead Guilty Over Breaking Harrison Ford’s Leg
- Vulture: This Star Wars Cosplay Suit Cost $2,000 and Took a Year to Build
- Cinema Blend: New Star Wars Theory Actually Connects Rey To A Classic Franchise Villain
- HitFix: Comic-Con had more Star Wars cosplay than you can shake a blaster at
Apparently a new cast member has been listed as one of the stars for DOCTOR STRANGE. This comes in the form of Benjamin Bratt being listed among such ones as Benedict Cumberbatch, Tilda Swinton, and Rachel McAdams. Even though the actor is listed in the film, there is no indication or idea about who or what Bratt may be playing. For the most part, a majority of notable roles in the film have been filled.
- ScreenRant: Benjamin Bratt Has A Role in Doctor Strange
- SlashFilm: Benjamin Bratt Is Also Apparently in ‘Doctor Strange’, But Who Does He Play?
- The Wrap: New ‘Doctor Strange’ Poster Reveals Benjamin Bratt Role – But Who Does He Play?
- Screen Crush: 'Doctor Strange' Curiously Adds Benjamin Bratt to the Cast
- Dark Horizons: Bratt Joins & Multiverse Talk Of "Doctor Strange"
- Comic Book Movie: DOCTOR STRANGE Trailer - Ten Things You Missed
- Film School Rejects: Hoping for an Extra Dose of Weird from Doctor Strange
- MovieWeb: Doctor Strange Will Introduce the Marvel Multiverse to the MCU
Actress and director Elizabeth Banks slammed Donald Trump on the Democratic National Convention stage Tuesday night, comparing the Republican presidential nominee to her character from The Hunger Games. âSome of you know me from The Hunger Games,Â in which I play Effie Trinket â a...
- Vulture: DNC Debate: Is Elizabeth Banks Imitating Donald Trump or Is He Impersonating Her Hunger Games Character?
- Deadline: Elizabeth Banks Makes Donald Trump Entrance At DNC, Says He’s Stealing Her ‘Hunger Games’ Act
- The Wrap: Elizabeth Banks Mocks Donald Trump’s RNC Entrance at Democratic Convention (Video)
- Variety: Kerry Washington, Mark Ruffalo, Other Celebrities Join Campaign to Stop Donald Trump
- Variety: Elizabeth Banks on Supporting Hillary Clinton, Choosing Family Over ‘Pitch Perfect 3’
- Variety: Lena Dunham, America Ferrera Slam Donald Trump in DNC Appearance: ‘He’s Making America Hate Again’
- Deadline: Lena Dunham And America Fererra String Up Donald Trump For Receptive DNC Crowd
- Deadline: Madeleine Albright: Donald Trump Already Damaged National Security By Running For President
Admittedly it's been quite a while since I last read Madeleine L'Engle "A Wrinkle in Time" (elementary school), but I recall quite enjoying it. The acclaimed novel "revolves around a young girl whose father, a government scientist, has gone missing after working on a mysterious project called a tesseract, which involves being transported to a fifth... Read More...
- Variety: Oprah Winfrey Joins Ava Duvernay’s ‘A Wrinkle in Time’ Adaptation
- Deadline: Oprah Winfrey To Star In ‘A Wrinkle In Time’, Re-Teaming With ‘Selma’ Helmer Ava DuVernay
- Hollywood Reporter: Oprah Winfrey Reteaming With Ava DuVernay for 'A Wrinkle in Time'
- HitFix: Oprah Winfrey will reteam with Ava DuVernay for ‘Wrinkle in Time’
- Entertainment Weekly: Oprah Winfrey to reunite with Ava DuVernay on 'A Wrinkle in Time'
- Coming Soon: Oprah Winfrey Boards A Wrinkle in Time
- Vulture: Oprah and Ava DuVernay Will Reunite for the Director's Next Film, A Wrinkle in Time
- The Wrap: Oprah Winfrey Cast in Disney’s ‘A Wrinkle in Time’
A first look at Justice League Dark has emerged online. Like previous first look videos in the DC Universe Animated line, it features cast and crew interviews, early animation tests and some completed footage to whet the appetites of those already interested in the range’s next release.
- We Got This Covered: Justice League Dark Featurette Reveals That Matt Ryan Will Return As Constantine
- Badass Digest: Massive JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK Featurette Covers Pretty Much Everything
- Comic Book Movie: Sneak Peek At JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK Leaks
- MovieWeb: Justice League Dark Preview Teases New DC Animated Movie
- Hollywood Reporter: 'Justice League': 5 Key Moments from the Comic-Con Trailer
- Comic Book Movie: JUSTICE LEAGUE Movie Costumes Ranked From Worst To Best
- Comic Book Movie: SDCC '16 Trailer Battle: JUSTICE LEAGUE, DOCTOR STRANGE, WONDER WOMAN - What Won The Weekend?
If a studio pays big money for time in Hall H, you'd best believe that they want to leave the event knowing that the movies they've teased have generated a lot of buzz online. With very few studios outside of Marvel Studios and Warner Bros. making their presence felt this time, it was very much Marvel vs. DC this past weekend, and social media numbers point to there being a clear winner! According to data compiled by ListenFirst Media (via Variety), Suicide Squad came out on top with a 548k score.
- We Got This Covered: The 10 Most Exciting Trailers From San Diego Comic-Con 2016
- Bleeding Cool: The Justice League Trailer Energizes DC Fans At San Diego Comic-Con
- SlashFilm: James Gunn Explains Why ‘Guardians of the Galaxy 2’ Comic-Con Footage Won’t Be Online Soon
- Latino Review: 'San Diego Comic-Con Reactions And More!' -- LOS FANBOYS PODCAST: Episode 23
- Cinema Blend: Why Marvel Won’t Release The Guardians Of The Galaxy 2 Comic-Con Footage Any Time Soon
- Variety: Comic-Con 2016: Data Shows Which Films Got the Biggest Buzz
- Bleeding Cool: History Channel’s Vikings Tries To Take a Bite Out of San Diego Comic Con With Real Snakes in Their Booth
The demand for Batman: The Killing Joke was so high that Warner Bros. decided to give it a limited two day theatrical run, and it seems that's paid off in a big way for them. Box Office Mojo reports that the animated feature earned a solid $3.175 million yesterday, a figure which isn't all that far behind what many wide releases earn during their Thursday night showings.
- Latino Review: Film Review: BATMAN: THE KILLING JOKE
- Variety: Summer Box Office Flops Drag Down Regal Earnings
- USA Today: 'Killing Joke' rehashes controversy with new movie
- Filmonic: Box Office: Star Trek Beyond Soars, Ice Age Crashes
- Film School Rejects: It’s Time For The Killing Joke To Die
- The Wrap: Summer Box Office Slump Hits Regal in Q2 Earnings
Brie Larson sends out a heartfelt message to fans for all the support after she was officially confirmed as Captain Marvel at Comic-Con.
- We Got This Covered: Captain Marvel Star Brie Larson Reaches Out To Fans To Thank Them For Their Support
- Comic Book Movie: Brie Larson Thanks Fans For Their Support After Being Cast As CAPTAIN MARVEL
- Cinema Blend: Why Brie Larson Is The Best Choice For Captain Marvel
- Cinema Blend: Is Marvel Looking At A Flash And Doctor Who Director For Captain Marvel?
- ScreenRant: The Flash & Sherlock Director On Captain Marvel Shortlist
- MovieWeb: Captain Marvel Targeting Once-Banished Tank Girl Director?
- ScreenRant: Captain Marvel Comic Writer Talks Movie Casting & Costume
More than a few of you probably spent your time last weekend binge-watching Netflix’s latest series Stranger Things. Matt and Ross Duffer‘s sci-fi show was embraced so quickly by the streaming service’s customers that a season two is already confirmed. The Duffer Brothers have shared a few details about what to expect from the next season of their hit show. Below, learn more about Stranger Things season two. Executive producers Shawn Levy and Dan Cohen told us season two would follow the same characters and introduce critical new ones.
- Variety: ‘Stranger Things’: Winona Ryder Discusses First Major TV Role in Netflix Featurette
- IndieWire: ‘Stranger Things’ Featurette: Winona Ryder On Her Harrowing, Emotional Performance In Her First Major TV Role
- Dread Central: Stranger Things Featurette Highlights Winona Ryder’s Return to the ’80s
- Variety: Five Reasons ‘Stranger Things’ Worked, and One Big Question
- The Wrap: Evolution of Winona Ryder, From ‘Beetlejuice’ to ‘Stranger Things’ (Photos)
Star Wars: Alden Ehrenreich (above) has been confirmed to star as young Han Solo in an upcoming Star Wars spin-off adventure. Now an unconfirmed rumor claims that Ehrenreich has been signed to a three-picture deal, opening up possibilities for further adventures if the first movie is successful. Of course, it's not unusual nowadays for stars to have multiple-picture deals for prospective franchise entries, but we'll wait to see what happens. The untitled Han Solo movie is set for release...Read MoreRead Comments
- Dark Horizons: Ehrenreich's Han Solo Deal For Multiple Films
- IGN Movies: Disney Reportedly Planning More Han Solo Films
- Cinema Blend: Watch Celebrities Totally Fail Their Young Han Solo Auditions In Hilarious New Video
- ScreenRant: Rumor: Lucasfilm Planning Young Han Solo Trilogy
- Comic Book Movie: RUMOR: Alden Ehrenreich Has Signed A Three Picture Deal To Appear As HAN SOLO; A Trilogy In The Works?
PLOT: A shy teen (Emma Roberts) enters a popular online game, “Nerve”, on a dare. After she’s teemed-up with a mysterious fellow player (Dave Franco) she becomes a virtual prisoner of the game, with the dares she’s asked to fulfill getting more and more dangerous. REVIEW: NERVE continues directors Henry Joost and Ariel Schulman’s obsession with online social... Read More...
- AintItCool: Between the thrills and the chemistry, Capone dares you not to find something to enjoy about NERVE
- AintItCool: Capone works up the courage to chat with NERVE directors Henry Joost and Ariel Schulman
- Deadline: ‘Nerve’ Review: Hey Kids, Don’t Try This At Home
- The Wrap: ‘Nerve’ Review: Emma Roberts-Dave Franco Online Adventure Has More Than a Few Bugs
- Entertainment Weekly: Review: 'Nerve': EW review
If you could get by with the Adam Sandler business model, you'd certainly try. Get paid to make movies with a bunch of your friends on someone else's dime as you travel to the latest vacation destination of your choosing... What the hell is wrong with that if you can get someone to sign off on such a sweet deal? Granted, other people still have expectations for his films or his... Read More...
- Variety: Kevin James, Rob Schneider Join Adam Sandler’s ‘Sandy Wexler’
- Vulture: Kevin James, Rob Schneider, Nick Swardson, and More Board Adam Sandler’s Sandy Wexler
- Hollywood Reporter: Kevin James, Terry Crews, Rob Schneider Join Adam Sandler's 'Sandy Wexler' (Exclusive)
- Dark Horizons: Sandler Enlists Regulars For "Sandy Wexler"
- Coming Soon: Kevin James, Terry Crews, Rob Schneider & More Join Sandy Wexler
The story of thousands of secret bank accounts, a long list of the rich and powerful, and an insane accumulation of wealth hiding in plain sight just beyond the reach of governments gripped the world earlier this year when German investigative journalists Frederik Obermaier and Bastian Obermayer broke the story and led the team that uncovered THE PANAMA PAPERS.Now, Netflix and John Wells Productions (BURNT, AUGUST OSAGE COUNTY, LOVE AND MERCY) are teaming up to tell the definitive story behind THE PANAMA PAPERS and the two journalists who, working through an anonymous s
- The Wrap: Netflix, John Wells Team Up to Adapt ‘The Panama Papers’
- Dark Horizons: Netflix Planning Panama Papers Feature
- Entertainment Weekly: Netflix to tackle the Panama Papers in new movie
SYNOPSIS: Jesse is on the run while those around him face life-altering decisions. The Cowboy returns to Ratwater to exact his revenge. REVIEW: The penultimate episode of Preacher featured the return of The Saint of Killers, as played by Graham McTavish, who has become the most intriguing enigma on the show, even overshadowing the titular character of Jesse Custer. You can take that as good or bad, I... Read More...
- Comic Book Movie: Joseph Gilgun On Playing Cassidy The Vampire On PREACHER; Drops Some Season 2 Plot Details
- Comic Book Movie: Joseph Gilgun Talks Playing Cassidy The Vampire On PREACHER; Hints At Season 2's Plot Direction
- SlashFilm: How ‘Sausage Party’ Helped Seth Rogen Make ‘Preacher’ [Comic-Con 2016]
It's about that time for arguably the world's most exciting film festival; TIFF! The 41st Toronto International Film Festival kicks off on September 8th and you can bet that our own Chris Bumbray will be in attendance, seeing more movies during the event than you can shake a stick at! The powers that be decided to announce their first slate of galas and special presentations, taking special care to... Read More...
- Dark Horizons: "Magnificent Seven" To Open Toronto Film Fest
- USA Today: 'Magnificent Seven' to open Toronto Film Festival
- Entertainment Weekly: 'Magnificent Seven,' 'La La Land' to screen at Toronto Film Festival
Director James Cameron explains how his process of 'overwriting' lead to Avatar 5, while teasing other ways he can expand the franchise.
The Vulture's costume in Spider-Man: Homecoming has definitely been a big talking point since it was revealed this past weekend at Comic-Con, and it's clear that this version of the classic villain will be utilising technology on par with characters like Ant-Man, Iron Man, and The Falcon. Talking to Collider, director Jon Watts shed some light on what led to Marvel deciding to take Vulture in that direction. "It's a very tech based approach to how The Vulture would build a wing suit and how he would fly," the filmmaker explained.
Charlie Hunnam has confirmed that he won't return for the sequel Pacific Rim: Maelstrom.
Go back and read the interviews with director Joss Whedon in the weeks leading up to the release of 2015’s Avengers: Age of Ultron and witness a man who was very happy to be getting out of the superhero movie game. Go back a little further and read the various set visit reports and witness a man who was exhausted and beat to hell by the process of making a $200 million spectacle.
T2: Trainspotting 2 is probably the sequel you thought you were never going to get, definitely not 21 years later. Check out the very short teaser below. Danny Boyle made no secret of wanting to make a sequel to his 1996 classic, the only reason he waited this long was so his original cast would […] Read The Teaser Trailer for Danny Boyle’s T2: Trainspotting 2 on Filmonic.
- Fandango Movie Blog: Watch Teaser Trailers for 'Trainspotting 2' and 'Bad Santa 2'
- Fandango Movie Blog: Sequel Alert: Watch Teaser Trailers for 'Trainspotting 2' and 'Bad Santa 2'
Though at one time everything in Marvel‘s Cinematic Universe was intended to be connected, there are now three major story units: the films, the Netflix series and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. For various political and practical reasons, the three islands of production rarely meet. But for Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. star Clark Gregg, it means meetings between Iron Fist and Agent Coulson are highly unlikely.
Matt Damon might step up to the poker table and play another hand. The star of the 1998Â poker drama Rounders was asked on The Rich Eisen Show if he had discussed a sequel. Damon said the original filmâs writers, Brian Koppelman and David Levien, are sitting on a good hand and...
Still playing catch-up with all these comic-con trailers, today it’s Oliver Stone’s Snowden, which also had its first “secret” screening over there. We’ve seen various teasers and trailers for Snowden for over a year now and after being delayed a few times, the film is almost here. Now I can’t say I’m excited for this, but […] Read A Peak at the Modern Battlefield in the New Trailer for Snowden on Filmonic.
11 Iconic Stanley Kubrick Scenes in Honor of Kubrick Day: ‘Spartacus’ to ‘The Shining’ TheWrap rounds up just a few of the incredible moments from the celebrated director’s career on what would have been his 88th birthday “The Shining” (1980)–All Work and No Play “The Shining” (1980)–“Here’s Johnny!” “Dr. Strangelove: Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb” (1964)–Maj. Kong Rides the Bomb “Dr.
As we wrap up our coverage of Comic Con 2016 (and what coverage it was!), we mustn't forget one of the main reasons folks go to this massive convention to begin with: the art. When you walk the floor at SDCC, you're brought face to face with hundreds of unique pieces of art, some of it exemplary, some of it not so much, but all of it created with love. It's impossible to include everything, or even... Read More...
“Boy” star James Rolleston has been seriously injured in a car crash on New Zealand’s North Island Tuesday night. The 19-year-old had to be cut out of a car after it hit a bridge on State Highway 35, near his hometown of Opotiki in the Bay of Plenty.
- IGN Movies: Phantom Boy Review
- Deadline: Disney Channel Orders Boy With Talking Hand Comedy Pilot ‘Right Hand Guy’
The reviews are in — and Cursed Child is a magical 'triumph.'
At SDCC over the weekend, a group of Ravagers came out on the stage during the Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 presentation that included Michael Rooker in his Yondu make-up and new fin and introduced us to Chris Sullivan as Taserface.
Production for THOR: RAGNAROK is in full swing, and we've been treated to several small bits of behind-the-scenes goodness thanks to Mark Ruffalo's newfound fondness for social media. Now another actor from the production is getting in on the social fun, as Karl Urban has officially arrived to begin filming his work as Skurge, now that he's done promoting STAR TREK BEYOND.Urban arrived in Australia, where THOR: RAGNAROK is filming, on Sunday.
- Cinema Blend: See Karl Urban's New Look For Thor: Ragnarok
The Flash returned to Comic-Con for the third time in anticipation of its third season on The CW. We spoke with producers Todd and Aaron Helbing in a roundtable before their panel. The season premiere is called “Flashpoint,” based on the classic comic book alternate universe story. Like other classic comic book titles, like “Worlds Finest” on Supergirl and “The Brave and the Bold” on Arrow, The Flash will put a new twist on “Flashpoint.” “It’s like any of those iconic moments in Flash,” Todd said. “You want to make sure you do right.
A number of films are making the transition to television shows this upcoming television season, but The Exorcist — which debuted its pilot episode at Comic-Con over the weekend — may be one of the more solid efforts with an appealing set of lead characters and an interesting twist to set off its season-long exorcism. Following a very brief cold open that hearkens back to the original film, the pilot spends a good long time with Father Tomas. He is introduced as a warm and concerned leader of his congregation, but he is also conflicted about the priesthood.
20th Century Fox has done a fine job of keeping the secrets of the recently wrapped Alien: Covenant out of the public eye (for now), but everything that has been publicly revealed have showcased a film that seems to be acting as a direct response to how audiences felt about Prometheus.
A Harry Potter fan weighs in with some healthy skepticism.Continue reading on Film School Rejects »
Walt Disney Animation studio’s latest offering Moana is set for release in just a few months time. From the directors of Aladdin and The Little Mermaid, this new tale follows a brave sixteen year-old wannabe wayfinder on a life-affirming quest across the ocean. Fourteen year old newcomer Auli’i Cravalho has been cast in her debut role as the voice of Moana, acting alongside Dwayne Johnson (Central Intelligence) as her friend and idol, the demigod Maui.
X-Men: Apocalypse, which released earlier this summer, was met with rather divisive reactions from both fans and critics alike, with some claiming that the film itself was the same old story we’ve seen over and over again in director Bryan Singer’s roster of recent X-Men movies.
- Comic Book Movie: X-MEN APOCALYPSE Gets A Hilarious How it Should Have Ended Video
Neil Gaiman's "The Sandman" lost another star attempting to adapt it when Joseph Gordon-Levitt dropped out of the WB film project. At Comic-Con, we checked in with Eric Kripke, who previously tried to make a "Sandman" TV series, about why the comic is so tough to adapt.http://www.hitfix.com
- Dread Central: #SDCC16: Supernatural Super-Fan Proposes During Panel
Even though favorites like “The Pursuit of Happyness” and “The Best Man” are taking a leave of absence, there are plenty of new options to Netflix and chill with. What’s coming: “Louis CK: Live at the Comedy Store” is exactly about what it’s titled: Louis CK’s standup night at the Comedy store in Los Angeles. This gem will be available Aug. 15 What’s coming: “No Country for Old Men” has been on multiple “Best Films of the Decade” lists and now it’ll be available for your streaming pleasure Aug.
As previously announced, Shout! Factory will release Transformers: The Movie on DVD and Blu-ray in September. But the company has updated their release plans with a list of special features to be included on the two-disc set. The marquee bonus feature is ‘Till All Are One, a brand-new, comprehensive documentary looking back at film with cast and crew, including story consultant Flint Dille, cast members Gregg Berger, Neil Ross, Dan Gilvezan, singer/songwriter Stan Bush, composer Vince Dicola and others.
- Horror Society: Shout! Factory TV Presents The Ultraman Marathon
- Fandango Movie Blog: 'Kong: Skull Island' and 'King Arthur' Trailers Both Promise Bold New Reboots
Though Ghost Rider will likely be the main focus of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. season 4, from the sounds of things they're not forgetting about The Inhumans. While being interviewed by io9, producers Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen divulged a few details on what we can expect from this next batch of episodes, and confirmed that because the Inhumans have now been established, they're going to have a bit more freedom when it comes to which characters they can use. “We’ve told a couple of seasons of stories but now we do have some more freedom," explained Whedon.
- We Got This Covered: Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 4 Will Feature Some “Classic” Inhumans
Get your first look at Paul J. Taylor's Pinhead and the new villain known as The Auditor in next year's horror sequel Hellraiser: Judgment.
- Dread Central: Hellraiser: Judgment – See the New Pinhead and The Auditor
After the release of Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice, Warner Bros. made quite a few changes in their managerial department including bringing on DC’s golden-boy Geoff Johns on to assist on all DCEU films. This big move led fans to believe that Johns was being brought in to save the day alongside of Warner Bros. Studios’ Jon Berg.
- Comic Book Movie: James Wan And Geoff Johns Wrote A Treatment For The AQUAMAN Movie
Joshua Marston is directing the Netflix drama
- Latino Review: Comic Book Reviews: Marvel Round-Up Week 07-20-2016
1. Star Trek BeyondGross: $59,253,211Total: $59,253,211
2. Secret Life Of Pets, TheGross: $29,607,210Total: $260,985,955
3. Lights OutGross: $21,688,103Total: $21,688,103
4. Ice Age: Collision CourseGross: $21,373,064Total: $21,373,064
5. GhostbustersGross: $21,009,831Total: $86,266,570