Top Movie News for October 22, 2014
"A wise man's life is based around 'fuck you.'" After some first look photos surfaced earlier this month, we finally get a better look at the last minute awards contender The Gambler from Rise of the Planet of the Apes director Rupert Wyatt. A red band trailer for the film starring Mark Wahlberg has arrived, and it has one hell of a profanity-ridden monologue from John Goodman that gets us really excited to see this flick. Wahlberg plays an English professor and a high-stakes gambler who bets it all when he borrows from a gangster (Michael K. Williams) and offers his own life as collateral.
- Variety: WATCH: Teaser Trailer for Mark Wahlberg’s ‘The Gambler’
- IndieWire: Watch: Mark Wahlberg Gets His Ass Kicked in 'The Gambler' Red Band Trailer
- Entertainment Weekly: Mark Wahlberg, John Goodman face off in red-band teaser for ‘The Gambler’
- We Got This Covered: Mark Wahlberg Doesn’t Know When To Fold Them In First Trailer For The Gambler
- Cinema Blend: The Gambler Trailer Boasts A Skinny Mark Wahlberg And Tons Of John Goodman F-Bombs
- Moviefone: Mark Wahlberg, Jessica Lange, and John Goodman Get Tough in 'The Gambler' Red Band Trailer
- Deadline: ‘The Gambler': Mark Wahlberg In Remake’s First Redband Peek
- AintItCool: Mark Wahlberg and John Goodman Face Off in this Red-Band Trailer for THE GAMBLER!
- Badass Digest: Mark Wahlberg Gets A Lot Of His Ass Kicked In This Red Band THE GAMBLER Trailer
- The Playlist: Watch: First Red Band Trailer For ‘The Gambler’ Starring Mark Wahlberg, Brie Larson, Michael K. William & More
- Coming Soon: Red Band Preview and Poster for The Gambler, Starring Mark Wahlberg
- The Wrap: Mark Wahlberg, John Goodman Say ‘F-ck You’ a Lot in ‘The Gambler’ Trailer (Video)
- SlashFilm: ‘The Gambler’ Red-Band Trailer: Real Talk With John Goodman and Mark Wahlberg
- JoBlo: Mark Wahlberg enters level f-bomb in this red-band trailer for The Gambler
- MovieWeb: 'The Gambler' Red Band Trailer Starring Mark Wahlberg
- HitFix: 'The Gambler' trailer rolls the dice on Mark Wahlberg and f-bombs
- Screen Crush: 'The Gambler' Red Band Trailer: Mark Wahlberg Wants F— You Money
- Hollywood Reporter: Stakes Are High in 'The Gambler' Trailer
- Empire Magazine: Rupert Wyatts The Gambler Trailer Lands Online
- Latino Review: UK Red-Band Trailer and Poster Hit for 'The Gambler'
- MTV Movies Blog: ‘The Gambler’ NSFW Trailer: Let’s Count The ‘F— You’s
After debuting a series of magazine covers this morning, EW is heading back Into the Woods, releasing a dozen new images! A mix of stills and character and set design sketches, you can check them all out in the gallery viewer below!
- Cinema Blend: Into The Woods Is Coming, See What The Fairy Tale Characters Look Like
- Cinema Blend: Into The Woods: A Timeline Of How I Went From Pumped Up To Horrified
- Dark Horizons: "Into the Woods" Covers Reveal Characters
- Badass Digest: Get Your First Look At Johnny Depp Wearing A Dumb Hat In INTO THE WOODS
- AintItCool: First Look at Johnny Depp's Big Bad Wolf in INTO THE WOODS!
- We Got This Covered: Take A First Look At Johnny Depp’s Wolf From Into The Woods
- Comic Book Movie: First Look At Johnny Depp As 'The Wolf' On EW's INTO THE WOODS Covers
- Screen Crush: First Look at Johnny Depp as the Big Bad Wolf in 'Into the Woods'
- Coming Soon: First Full Look at Johnny Depp in Into the Woods
- JoBlo: Johnny Depp's Wolf revealed from Into the Woods
- MovieWeb: Johnny Depp Fully Revealed as the Wolf in 'Into the Woods'
- SlashFilm: First Look at Johnny Depp’s Wolf in ‘Into the Woods’
- Latino Review: A Look at Johnny Depp As The Big Bad Wolf in 'Into the Woods'
- The Playlist: First Look: Johnny Depp As The Dapper Wolf In Rob Marshall's ‘Into The Woods’ With Meryl Streep & More
- ScreenRant: ‘Into the Woods’ Magazine Covers Reveal Johnny Depp as The Wolf
- FirstShowing.net: First Look: Johnny Depp as The Wolf from Disney's 'Into the Woods'
- MTV Movies Blog: Johnny Depp’s ‘Into The Woods’ Costume Raises 7 Important Questions
- The Wrap: Johnny Depp Enchants as Big Bad Wolf in Disney's ‘Into the Woods’ First Look (Photos)
It's obviously pretty small, but you get the idea! Someone obviously has got their hands on the new trailer for Avengers: Age of Ultron, but rather than leak the whole thing, we're probably just going to get it in bits and pieces! What's significant about this gif (discovered by CBM user AFreeMan) is that it not only gives us a very brief look at Tony Stark transformation from Iron Man to Hulkbuster, but also ILM's extremely realistic rendition of the Hulk for The Avengers sequel!
- We Got This Covered: Sneak A Peek At Ultron And Hulkbuster Armour From Avengers: Age Of Ultron Trailer
- Comic Book Movie: First Look At 'Ultron' And Hulkbuster Armor From The AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Trailer
- SlashFilm: Hulkbuster Armor and Ultron Revealed in ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’ Trailer Sneak
- We Got This Covered: Avengers: Age Of Ultron Trailer Will Premiere During Next Week’s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.
- JoBlo: Avengers: Age of Ultron trailer arrives next week!
- HitFix: 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' trailer airs next week on 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'
- Screen Crush: 'Avengers 2′ Trailer Sneak Peek! First Look at Hulkbuster, New Look at Ultron
- JoBlo: Leaked Avengers 2 images give us the first look at Ultron and Hulkbuster
- Collider: Edward Norton Revisits the Decision to Not Play The Hulk in THE AVENGERS
- Cinema Blend: 5 Things Marvel's Infinity Gauntlet Storyline Might Tell Us About Guardians 2, Avengers 3
- IGN Movies: Avengers 2 Trailer to Debut on Next Week's S.H.I.E.L.D.
- ScreenRant: ‘The Avengers 2′ Trailer to Debut Next Week During ‘Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’
- Comic Book Movie: Is An X-MEN Spin-Off Starring QUICKSILVER On The Way?
- Coming Soon: Quicksilver Teased for X-Men: Apocalypse and Maybe Even His Own Solo Film
- MovieWeb: 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Will Include Quicksilver; Spinoff Is Possible
- Screen Crush: Quicksilver Returning for 'X-Men: Apocalypse,' Might Get His Own Solo Movie
- SlashFilm: Quicksilver Is Back In ‘X-Men: Apocalypse;’ Could We See a Solo Movie?
Following the UK trailer earlier today, Relativity Media has now also released the new domestic trailer for The Woman in Black 2: Angel of Death which you can watch below!
- AintItCool: A New UK Trailer For THE WOMAN IN BLACK: ANGEL OF DEATH!!
- Horror-Movies.ca: New Official Trailer for The Woman in Black: Angel of Death
- We Got This Covered: Creepy New Trailer For The Woman In Black: Angel Of Death Never Forgives, Never Forgets
- Digital Spy: Watch the new trailer for The Woman in Black: Angel of Death
- Horror Society: She’s Back…’The Woman in Black 2: Angel of Death’ Official Trailer Debut!
- Dread Central: The Woman in Black: Angel of Death Trailer Consumes Your Soul
- Shock Till You Drop: And Now Here’s the U.S. Trailer for The Woman in Black 2: Angel of Death
- Empire Magazine: The Woman In Black: Angel Of Death Trailer Materialises
- The Playlist: Watch: Return To Eel Marsh House With Trailer For Horror Sequel 'The Woman In Black: Angel Of Death'
- Latino Review: New Full Trailer Hits for 'The Woman in Black: Angel of Death'
- Coming Soon: The New UK Trailer for The Woman in Black: Angel of Death
- SlashFilm: ‘The Woman in Black: Angel of Death’ Trailer Welcomes You Back to Eel Marsh House
- MovieWeb: Full-Length 'Woman in Black 2: Angel of Death' Trailer
- FirstShowing.net: Watch: Back to Eel Marsh House in 'Woman in Black 2' Full UK Trailer
If the epic safety video from The Hobbit: The Battle of The Five Armies wasn't up your alley, then perhaps you'll enjoy a new poster from the final installment of this Middle Earth franchise.Bilbo Baggins (Martin Freeman) is seen brandishing his sword Sting, alongside Thorin Oakenshield (Richard Armitage), Gandalf (Ian McKellen), Bard the Bowman (Luke Evans), Legolas (Orlando Bloom), Tauriel (Evangeline Lilly) and Thranduil (Lee Pace), with the massive dragon Smaug (Benedict Cumberbatch) looming in the background.Peter Jackson directs this final installment of his epic trilogy, which fo
- FirstShowing.net: 'Hobbit' Featurettes Show Benedict Cumberbatch's Smaug Mo-Cap
- The Playlist: Watch: 2 Clips From 'The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug' Extended Edition; The Entire Trilogy Cost $745 Million To Make
- Comic Book Movie: The Gang's All Here On New THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES Poster
- Latino Review: Final Poster for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'
- Cinema Blend: The Hobbit Trilogy Cost An Insane Amount Of Money To Film, Find Out How Much
- Hollywood Reporter: Warner Bros. Unit Hit With Racketeering Lawsuit Over 'The Conjuring,' 'The Hobbit' (Exclusive)
- Hollywood Reporter: 'The Hobbit' Cast Star in 'The Most Epic Safety Video Ever Made'
- SlashFilm: Movie Budgets: How Much Did ‘The Hobbit’ Trilogy Cost To Make?
- IGN Movies: Making The Hobbit Trilogy Reportedly Cost $745 Million
- Coming Soon: Watch Air New Zealand's Epic The Hobbit Safety Video
- Collider: THE HOBBIT Movies Cost $745 Million, But That’s Okay Because They’ve Already Made Nearly $2 Billion
- MovieWeb: 'The Hobbit' Cast Star in Epic Air New Zealand Safety Video
- JoBlo: Guess how much The Hobbit cost to make. Plus the trilogy's final poster
- FirstShowing.net: Air New Zeland Delivers Another Fun 'Hobbit' Centric Air Safety Video
Find out what Keanu Reeves was into as a kid.
- Digital Spy: Keanu Reeves wants more studio attention: "It sucks"
- Digital Spy: Keanu Reeves wanted to play Wolverine and Batman
- Cinema Blend: The Two Superheroes Keanu Reeves Desperately Wants To Play
- Shockya: Keanu Reeves Answers Fan Questions During Live Global IMDB Event
- Hollywood Reporter: Box Office Preview: 'Ouija' Calls on Spirits to Defeat Gun-Toting Keanu Reeves
- Rotten Tomatoes: News: Video: Keanu Reeves Answers Questions as John Wick
- The Wrap: ‘Ouija’ Board Predicts Box Office: Teen Thriller to Beat Brad Pitt, Keanu Reeves, Bill Murray
- FirstShowing.net: TGB Interview: Actor Keanu Reeves from 'John Wick' at Fantastic Fest
- Coming Soon: Keanu Reeves Lights Things Up as John Wick
The release of Christopher Nolan’s sci-fi epic Interstellar is finally within arm’s reach, and as the date looms closer we’re starting to hear much more from Nolan himself and his impressive cast about how the project came together, the experience of making it, and the extent to which Nolan grounded the space-centered film in reality. All of this and more is touched on during a lengthy roundtable interview with Nolan, Matthew McConaughey, Jessica Chastain, and Anne Hathaway in the latest issue of THR, and we’ve taken the liberty of gathering up some of the highlights from the fascinating and
- Hollywood Reporter: 'Interstellar': Would Matthew McConaughey and Christopher Nolan Actually Go Into Space?
- Hollywood Reporter: 'Interstellar's' Christopher Nolan, Stars Gather to Reveal Secrets of the Year's Most Mysterious Film
- Vulture: Anne Hathaway Reads at Least 3 Times Faster Than Matthew McConaughey Does
- Hollywood Reporter: Christopher Nolan's Filmography: 'Interstellar,' 'Dark Knight' and 7 Others
- Digital Spy: Matthew McConaughey defends rom-coms: 'Criticism is completely unfair'
- Variety: ‘Interstellar’ Eyes $50 Million-Plus Launch at Box Office
- Hollywood Reporter: 'Interstellar,' 'Big Hero 6' Lift Off in Tracking for Possible $60M Debut
- Comic Book Movie: Chris Nolan's INTERSTELLAR Expected To Beat BATMAN BEGINS Opening
Lionsgate has released a second TV Spot for he upcoming anticipated sequel The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1.The sequel stars Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, Liam Hemsworth, Woody Harrelson, Elizabeth Banks, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Jeffrey Wright, Julianne Moore, Stanley Tucci, Donald Sutherland, Natalie Dormer, Stef Dawson, Evan Ross, Lily Rabe, Patina Miller, Wes Chatham, Elden Henson, and Robert Knepper.Directed by Francis Lawrence and based on the novel “Mockingjay” by Suzanne Collins, The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Parts 1 & 2
- We Got This Covered: Lorde-Curated The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1 Soundtrack Includes Kanye West And Chemical Brothers
- The Playlist: Watch: Make The Choice With TV Spot For 'The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1' Plus new Pics
- Coming Soon: The New TV Spot for The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1
- Comic Book Movie: All New Footage In Second THE HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY- PART 1 TV Spot
- MovieWeb: 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1' TV Spot: Can Peeta Be Saved?
- Collider: New THE HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY – PART 1 TV Spot Features Teary-Eyed Josh Hutcherson
- The Wrap: Liam Hemsworth's Gale Rips Josh Hutcherson's Peeta in New ‘Hunger Games: Mockingjay’ Preview (Video)
- FirstShowing.net: Watch: Katniss is the Face of Revolution in New 'Mockingjay' TV Spot
Morena Baccarin (Firefly, Homeland) has just signed on to be a recurring role on Fox’s Gotham. She will play Dr. Leslie Thompkins, a friend of the late Thomas and Martha Wayne and an employee at the newly opened Arkham Asylum. She will also find her self drawn closer to James Gordon (Ben McKenzie) and into dangerous situations. The role is said to become a regular in season 2 along with the recently announced Harvey Dent (Nicholas D’Agosto). [Source: Deadline] Morena Baccarin Cast As Dr. Leslie Thompkins
- Variety: ‘Gotham’ Adds Morena Baccarin as Dr. Leslie Thompkins
- Comic Book Movie: FIREFLY Star Morena Baccarin Joins GOTHAM Cast As 'Dr. Leslie Thompkins'
- Deadline: Morena Baccarin Joins ‘Gotham’ Cast
- We Got This Covered: Morena Baccarin Secures Recurring Role On Gotham
- Badass Digest: FIREFLY’S Morena Baccarin Gets A Modest Condo In GOTHAM
- IGN Movies: Morena Baccarin Joins Gotham
- SlashFilm: ‘Firefly’ and ‘Homeland’ Star Morena Baccarin Joins ‘Gotham’ In Crucial Role
A few weeks ago, we got word that the 1988 Tom Hanks classic Big was being adapted for the small screen by Fox. Now ABC is also mining Hanks’ resume for material, and has come up with a TV series based on the 1984 comedy Bachelor Party. If someone options Splash, we can officially call “TV shows based on ’80s comedies starring Tom Hanks” a new hyper-specific trend. Hit the jump for more on the Bachelor Party TV series. Variety reports ABC has given a “put pilot with heavy penalty” to the Bachelor Party TV series.
- Digital Spy: Bachelor Party: ABC to turn 1984 film into TV series
- Rotten Tomatoes: News: ABC Developing Bachelor Party Series
- Deadline: ‘Shark Tank’ Spinoff ‘Beyond The Tank’ Ordered At ABC
- Variety: ABC Launches ‘Shark Tank’ Companion ‘Beyond the Tank’
- Rotten Tomatoes: News: ABC Goes Beyond the Tank
- Deadline: ABC Nabs Fortune Feimster Comedy From Matt Hubbard, Tina Fey & Robert Carlock
Last month, it was revealed that "Game of Thrones" star Aidan Gillen had joined the cast of 20th Century Fox's The Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials. Now, The Hollywood Reporter brings word that Gillen will be joined by another familiar face from Westeros. Nathalie Emmanuel, who plays Missandei on the HBO series, has taken on the role of Harriet, the leader of another group of maze runners.
- Hollywood Reporter: 'Game of Thrones' Actress Joins 'Maze Runner' Sequel 'Scorch Trials' (Exclusive)
- We Got This Covered: Nathalie Emmanuel Boards Maze Runner: Scorch Trials
- MovieWeb: 'Maze Runner 2' Casts 'Game of Thrones' Star Nathalie Emmanuel
- Empire Magazine: Nathalie Emmanuel Heads For Maze Runner Sequel
- Moviefone: 'Game of Thrones' Natalie Dormer to Star in Creepy Thriller 'The Forest'
- Digital Spy: Game of Thrones' Natalie Dormer joins David Goyer's The Forest
With "The Conjuring" earning $318 million worldwide, and the spinoff "Annabelle" up to $167 million and counting, Warner Bros. now realizes they have a viable horror franchise on their hands. While "The Conjuring 2" was originally set for an October 23, 2015 release next year, the studio clearly wants to get it right and has courted James Wan to come back and continue what he started. The director will be behind the camera for the sequel, which now lands sometime in 2016. WB division New Line can barely contain themselves.
- Horror-Movies.ca: James Wan Returns to Direct The Conjuring 2
- Latino Review: James Wan Directing 'The Conjuring 2'
- Deadline: Warner Bros Says “No Merit” To ‘Conjuring’ Producer’s “Money Laundering” Charge Against New Line
- Variety: Producer Claims New Line ‘Racketeering’ in Acquiring ‘Conjuring’ Rights
- HitFix: Will 'Fast and Furious 7's' James Wan direct Dwayne Johnson in ‘Shazam’?
- The Wrap: Warner Bros. Responds to Racketeering Charges in ‘The Conjuring’ Lawsuit: ‘No Merit’
Dark Horse Entertainment is teaming up with Constantin Film for an adaptation of the graphic novel Polar. The news comes just a few days before Dark Horse and Constantin's latest collaboration, the action-thriller John Wick hits theaters. Take a look at the official announcement from Dark Horse below.Constantin Film and Dark Horse Entertainment are joining forces to bring Polar to the big screen.
- Collider: Dark Horse Graphic Novel POLAR: CAME FROM THE COLD Scores Big Screen Adaptation
- Deadline: Constantin, Dark Horse Team For ‘Polar’ Graphic Novel Adaptation
- Hollywood Reporter: Constantin Film and Dark Horse Team Up to Adapt 'Polar'
- Variety: Graphic Novel ‘Polar’ Gets Film Adaptation from Dark Horse, Constantin
- Coming Soon: Dark Horse Graphic Novel Polar to Blast Its Way Onto the Screen
ScreenCrush wraps up the latest in movies and TV you might have missed. Today, the first trailer for 'Halo: Nightfall' arrives, Patrick Stewart signs on to play a villain, and the stuntmen responsible for 'John Wick' talk about their craft. Continue reading…
- IndieWire: Watch: Why Ridley Scott's AMC Miniseries About Jack Parsons Will be Bonkers
- Badass Digest: HALO: NIGHTFALL Gets A Pretty Loaded Trailer
- Coming Soon: Watch the Official Halo: Nightfall Trailer!
- Comic Book Movie: First HALO: NIGHTFALL Trailer Debuts
- SlashFilm: ‘Halo: Nightfall’ Trailer: Finding Hell on a Halo Ring
For the second straight Oct.
- Digital Spy: Matthew McConaughey honoured with 28th American Cinematheque Award
- Thompson on Hollywood: Recipe for a Successful Cinematheque Ball: Matthew McConaughey
- Deadline: Matthew McConaughey Gets A ‘Stellar’ Tribute From American Cinematheque
- HitFix: Christopher Nolan praises Matthew McConaughey's quest for truth
- The Wrap: 13 Things We Didn't Know About Matthew McConaughey Before His American Cinematheque Tribute
Someone at Warner Bros. forgot to tell Ray Fisher he's the star of the standalone Cyborg film. Warner Bros. recently announced their DC movie lineup between now and 2020. Everything was sounding great, Game of Thrones star Jason Momoa is set to play Aquaman, there's a second attempt at a Green Lantern movie, and even Wonder Woman is getting her own feature film. But in Warners' excitement, someone didn't tell Ray Fisher that he'll be needed in the 2020 Cyborg film.
- We Got This Covered: Ray Fisher Admits He Had No Idea About Cyborg Stand-Alone Film
- Dark Horizons: Ray Fisher Talks DC "Cyborg" Film Reveal
- Digital Spy: Ray Fisher "didn't know" about DC's Cyborg film
- FirstShowing.net: Ray Fisher Had No Idea There Would Be a Standalone 'Cyborg' Movie
Comedian Bill Burr has had an eclectic journey to stardom. He first came to our attention with a few roles on Chappelle’s Show. That brought more and more people to his comedy shows, one of which became a legendary viral video in which he eviscerated the people of Philadelphia. A few acting gigs here and there lead to a small but crucial role on Breaking Bad. Now, finally, he’s got his own show. Netflix just greenlit a show created by Burr and Simpsons writer Michael Price called F is for Family.
- Deadline: Netflix Orders Bill Burr Animated Comedy Series From Vince Vaughn & Gaumont TV
- Variety: Netflix Orders ‘F Is for Family’ Animated Comedy Series from Bill Burr
- IndieWire: Will Netflix's Next Animated Winner Be Bill Burr's 'F is for Family'?
- JoBlo: Teaser trailer and images for the Judge Dredd: Superfiend animated series
Charlie Cox has been discussing what we can expect from Marvel’s new Daredevil TV show, telling Heat Vision it is the darkest thing the studio has done so far. “I’ve read comics after comics after comics,” says Cox of his preparation for the role.
- Comic Book Movie: COMICS: MARVEL Tease OLD MAN LOGAN For Summer 2015
- Comic Book Movie: Was Adrianne Palicki Initially Eyeing A Different MARVEL Superheroine?
- Twitch: Destroy All Monsters: Marvel vs. DC Could End The Moviegoing World
- SlashFilm: First Look: Adrianne Palicki as Mockingbird in Marvel’s ‘Agents of SHIELD’
Paul Reubens has been talking about the long-awaited next installment in the Pee-wee Herman series, and says that the new movie will soon be on the way… “There’s going to be a big announcement any minute now,” Reubens told Rolling Stone. “Yes. It’s been months and months of being right on the verge of being announced.” “I thought something was going to go public yesterday, actually, and that you’d be the first person I’d be talking about this with. But I’m thinking there will be something made public very soon.
- Moviefone: Paul Reubens Says a 'Pee-wee Herman' Movie Announcement Is 'Imminent'
- USA Today: Paul Reubens: New Pee-wee movie is 'VERY imminent'
- Rotten Tomatoes: News: Paul Reubens Says a New Pee-Wee Movie Is Coming
- IGN Movies: New Pee-wee Herman Movie Filming in Early 2015
@SirPatStew There’s something inherently calming about Patrick Stewart. The rich Shakespearean importance of his voice. His association with characters like Jean-Luc Picard and Charles Xavier, characters we cherish for their stern, all-knowing wiseness.
- Digital Spy: Patrick Stewart joins crime thriller Green Room
- Coming Soon: Patrick Stewart Joins Cast of Blue Ruin Director's Green Room
- HitFix: Patrick Stewart to play a killer white supremacist in 'Blue Ruin' director’s next
- SlashFilm: Patrick Stewart Playing White Supremacist for ‘Blue Ruin’ Director
The CW has given a full season order to The Flash. The series debut was the network’s most watched premiere ever bringing in 6.1 million viewers (Live +3 data).
- Deadline: World Series Ratings Fall From 2013, ‘Flash’ & ‘Marry Me’ Down, ‘Selfie’ & ‘NCIS: NOLA’ Steady
- Badass Digest: THE FLASH Review 1.03 “Things You Can’t Outrun”
- JoBlo: TV Review: The Flash - Season 1 Episode 3 "Things You Can't Outrun"
- Comic Book Movie: New Extended Promo For THE FLASH Season 1 Episode 4: "Going Rogue"
- Bleeding Cool: What We Learned From DC TV Last Week – Flash’s Three Dads And Ominous Reappearances
Bill Murray has heard of Tinder, but doesn't really need it, which makes total sense, because he's one of the biggest movie stars on the planet. The “St. Vincent” star stopped by “Jimmy Kimmel Live” on Tuesday and talked about the online dating app that he finds “amusing.” Also read: ‘St. Vincent’ Review: Bill Murray Wallows in Feel-Good Clichés “I think it could be amusing, but I can't imagine doing it,” Murray said.
Marvel/ABC Everyone’s talking about a sudden reason to tune in to Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., but they’ve all got it wrong. Yes, next week’s episode promises the attachment of the first trailer or Avengers: Age of Ultron, but who cares? It’ll be online immediately after anyway. You should be watching the show anyway, especially if you care that much about the Avengers movies, because Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is totally awesome so far this season.
Edward Norton, the man who portrayed the Hulk, Bruce Banner in the 2008 Hulk film and was then replaced by Mark Ruffalo in the 2012 Avengers film, talked about how things went when he departed with Marvel in 2010, and told how it was something he wanted to do. Check it out! "My feeling was that I experimented and experienced what I wanted to. I really, really enjoyed it. And yet, I looked at the balance of time in life that one spends not only making those sorts of films but then especially putting them out, and the obligations that rightly come with that.
Disney no longer owns the rights to the John Carter franchise, with Edgar Rice Burroughs Inc. now planning to make more movies. Disney spent many years attempting to bring an adaptation of the sci-fi saga to the big screen, only for the eventual film to fall flat with both critics and punters alike. However, fans of the series will be gladdened to hear that further movie outings are on the agenda, with The Playlist reporting that Edgar Rice Burroughs Inc.
- Entertainment Weekly: Disney loses ‘John Carter’ rights: What’s next for the franchise?
- Rotten Tomatoes: News: John Carter Sequels Possible
- Film School Rejects: Does Anyone Want to Make ‘John Carter 2’? Or Maybe 9 Other Movies?
Stanley Kubrick’s vision of Stephen King’s The Shining has become so iconic, ripping it off is almost cliché. Oh, is that a guy with his head popping through a cracked door? A typewriter with the same phrase over and over? A snowy hedge maze? We get it. That said, somehow a new commercial by IKEA is all kinds of awesome.
People on the internet have been pretty busy noticing that actress Renée Zellweger looks different lately, and despite some nasty criticism, she's happy people noticed, because she's happier than she's been in a long time. “I'm glad folks think I look different! I'm living a different, happy, more fulfilling life, and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows,” the 45-year-old actress told People. “”My friends say that I look peaceful.
Shailene Woodley tells us why 'The Fault in Our Stars' made her swear off teenagers.
Ridley Scott has said that one of the things that intrigued him about Exodus: Gods and Kings was how big it was — the grand scale, the giant story, the massive challenges. And earlier this week, a rumor went around that the film would have an enormous running time to match. The story had an aura of plausibility to it because Exodus: Gods and Kings really is an epic tale, and because Scott has flirted with extra-long runtimes before. His Kingdom of Heaven director’s cut ran well over three hours, and was better for it. But could it really be true in this case?
Last night’s episode of Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD introduced us to Mockingbird / Bobbi Morse played by Adrianne Palicki. Now most comic fans know who the character is and which side she’s on… so last night’s reveal wasn’t a surprise… And if you didn’t watch last night and don’t want spoilers, you shouldn’t be reading this. Below are a picture of Palicki in her tactical suit as well as the concept art used to design in.
Tonight’s episode of Arrow has the team heading off to the lovely island of Corto Maltese to try and bring Thea (Willa Holland) home. There is a lot more going on though as we also get introduced to Mark Shaw / Manhunter and Ted Grant / Wildcat. Here is a clip from tonight’s episode that airs on the CW. Click here to view the embedded video. “What Is With Your Family And Islands…” – Clip From Tonight’s Arrow
The AFI Fest 2014 has completed its programming with the announcement of more than 40 new titles, including six of the Oscar foreign-language entries, documentaries about Orson Welles and Soviet hockey, and a midnight movie by former “Flight of the Conchords” member Jemaine Clement. The new additions, which were announced on Wednesday by the American Film Institute, put the final touches on a festival that will screen 73 features and 45 shorts from 39 countries during an eight-day run that begins on Nov.
Daniel Radcliffe reveals the story behind his visit to the "Star Wars: Episode VII" set.
We’ve got a behind the scenes featurette talking about the new horror movie Ouija based on the old game. In Ouija, a group of friends must confront their most terrifying fears when they awaken the dark powers of an ancient spirit board. Stiles White directs the supernatural thriller that stars Olivia Cooke, Ana Coto, Douglas Smith and Darren Kagasoff. Ouija opens in theaters October 24th. Click here to view the embedded video. Ouija – A Look Inside Featurette
A new US TV sitcomWhile he’s stayed busy in the cinema and on UK TV, Nick Frost hasn’t had as much success cracking the world of US network telly. He’s linked to a pilot for Fox called Sober Companion, which is still in limbo, but he’s also attached to a new show, The Finger.Ben Karlin, who boasts work on The Daily Show, Colbert Report and Modern Family on his C.V., is aboard to co-write the pilot with Frost and oversee the show.
Cult legend Lin Shaye takes the lead, reprising her role as gifted psychic Elise Rainier in the prequel thriller Insidious Chapter 3! The first footage has arrived courtesy of a trailer teaser which promises the full trailer will debut tomorrow, October 23.The growing legacy of the Further continues to expand in this latest chapter of the popular horror franchise, which will mark the directorial debut of co-creator and writer Leigh Whannell.
- We Got This Covered: Insidious: Chapter 3 Preview Teaser Lands Ahead Of Full Trailer Tomorrow
- Dread Central: Teaser Teases Insidious Chapter 3 Teaser Trailer
Billy Bob Thornton has been speaking about forthcoming sequel Bad Santa 2 to THR, and despite looking forward to the project, is refreshingly frank about how it will measure up to the original… “We’re just waiting for a script, ya know?” says Thornton. “We’re never gonna beat the first one, but you got to get as close as you can.
For the past few weeks, the crew for Zack Snyder's Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice has been building a small "shack" in the middle of Orion Oaks County Park. On October 18, a photo from the porch of the shack was put online.... A photo posted by Larry Fong, ASC (@unclewow) on Oct 10, 2014 at 4:32pm PDT Then, just yesterday, we caught a glimpse of the whole structure Many are assuming that this will be the set for yet another anti-superman ralley.
Hmmm. let's just say the animation...could be better. Anyway, the full trailer will be here Thursday, but for now what's the verdict?
One of the most acclaimed films of 2013 was The Act of Killing. Directed by Joshua Oppenheimer, the searing documentary chronicled the Indonesian genocide of the 1960s from the perspective of the killers. Now, for his follow-up The Look of Silence, Oppenheimer is back to cover the same ground, only this time with a focus on the victims. At the center of this new film is Adi Rukun, an optometrist whose brother was slaughtered five decades ago. Oppenheimer follows the man as he confronted those who had a hand in the killing.
Philosophically ambitious, technically innovative and visually stunning, Stanley Kubrick’s sci-fi epic is frequently cited in polls as one of the finest films ever made. Co-written by the director and novelist Arthur C Clarke, the film charts the progress of ‘civilisation’ through the influence of mysterious black monoliths on prehistoric apes developing their skills and, later, on astronauts involved in a secret mission to Jupiter.
- Thompson on Hollywood: Watch: 1966 Making of Stanley Kubrick's '2001: A Space Odyssey'
Despite the absence of Patrick Wilson and Rose Byrne, the INSIDIOUS story continues with CHAPTER 3. Why it's called CHAPTER 3 when it's a completely different story (and a prequel at that) is beyond me, but there ya have it. The newest chapter is written and directed by franchise co-creator Leigh Whannell, as James Wan was too busy getting fast and furious. The prequel, set before... Read More...
- Latino Review: Teaser Trailer Announcement for 'Insidious: Chapter 3'
Obviously this version of Harvey Dent is quite a bit older than Bruce Wayne in the show, so clearly they won't be depicted as being school friends. But, could Dent be this "new friend" that Bruce meets when he returns to school? It's unclear why an assistant DA would be hanging around a school, (my guess is he's visiting Bruce because he knew his parents) but it would serve the purpose of forming a connection between he and Bruce for later down the line at least.
No Halloween season is complete without watching at least one scary movie, but depending on the age of your kids, your level of “scary” might need to vary. From toddlers to teenagers, here’s a movie for every age group. Pooh’s Heffalump Movie. Toddlers definitely can’t watch traditional scary Halloween movies, but what toddler doesn’t like costumes and candy? Help your littlest ones celebrate by watching Winnie the Pooh and the Hundred Acre Wood gang...Read MoreRead Comments
- Dread Central: Movies On Demand Gets Spooky for Halloween
Back in 1997, Russell Crowe and Kim Basinger starred in the fantastic noir thriller L.A. Confidential, and now the same genre will bring them together again 17 years later. THR has word that Basinger (Batman, 8 Mile) has joined the cast of The Nice Guys, the next film from Iron Man 3 and Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang director Shane Black. The film stars Crowe teamed up with Ryan Gosling and follows a private eye (Gosling) and a hired leg breaker (Crowe) who must solve the case of a missing girl and the seemingly unrelated death of a porn star.
The Marvel movies are obviously much more lighter than the WB/DC movies. After all, Avengers had bunch of jokes and funny stuff, while Man of Steel was the movie where Superman broke Zod’s neck. Many people say that the DC movies are so dark gritty, but is that a bad thing? Let’s face it, two of the best and most influential comic-book movies in the last 15 years were Batman Begins and the Dark Knight. Both of these movies changed the game for comic-book movies.
Johannes Bah Kuhnke, the hunky lead in Ruben Östlund's biting Swedish comedy Force Majeure, was in town to promote the film along with his director. I had a chance to chat briefly with the actor who plays a character carrying the burdens of all men.Twitch: I know you are mainly known as a stage actor. How did you get involved in this project?Johannes Bah Kuhnke: Well, a casting agent called me and she wanted to set up a meeting with me and Ruben. So I went in and we started talking and I must've been the last one because we were talking for three hours.
AN ANCIENT SPIRIT TORMENTS A PENNSYLVANIA MINING TOWN -- JAMES LEGROS GUEST STARS -- Deep in the mountains of Western Pennsylvania, John (Matt Ryan) is a small mining community’s only defense against an ancient Welsh spirit. In the course of protecting these isolated innocents, John finds a vital new ally in a mysterious young woman named Zed (Angélica Celaya). Harold Perrineau and Charles Halford also star.
Costume designer Albert Wolsky has won two Oscars and been nominated for five others besides. On Alejandro González Iñárritu's "Birdman," he found a unique opportunity to bridge the worlds of stage and screen as a legend of each.http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/in-contention
- Hollywood Reporter: 'Birdman' Company's Ousted Chief Aims to Launch New Fund Amid Legal War
Some people were duped and disappointed by the faux unveiling of the HUVr Tech hoverboards, which turned out to be completely fake. However, a new endeavor from a company called Hendo Hoverboards has been working on the real thing, and they're claiming to have real hoverboards ready for production by October 21st, 2015. But before you start getting excited about zooming around your town square, you should probably take some time to understand the technology at work, and realize that this won't exactly be like having a hovering skateboard that you ride around town on.
We do love ourselves a good genre mash up here at Twitch and Michael Lukk Litwak's The Life And Death Of Tommy Chaos And Stacey Danger certainly qualifies.
- MTV Movies Blog: See How Much The Death Star Would Cost In Real Life
Richard T. Jones has been cast as former NFL star Andre Waters in Sony's untitled football concussion movie, which is being produced by Ridley Scott. Additionally, Jones has booked a recurring role on Netflix's original series “Narcos,” TheWrap has learned. Will Smith stars as Dr. Bennet Omalu, the forensic neuropathologist who made the first discovery of chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE) in a professional football player and brought awareness to the public.
- Empire Magazine: Exclusive First Look At Eye In The Sky
Opening This Week
Total Likes: --
Today's Likes: --