Top Movie News for August 25, 2016
It’s probably fair to say that the Star Wars franchise has had a complicated relationship, over the years, with 3D. The Star Wars: The Clone Wars movie in 2008 was produced and released in 3D. In 2005, Lucasfilm announced plans to convert and re-release all six movies from the original and prequel trilogies in the 3D format, and after years of fits and starts, Star Wars: Episode I — The Phantom Menace was released in 3D in February of 2012. The poor performance of that release led the company to cancel 3D release plans for the other five films.
- Cinema Blend: What Star Wars: Rogue One Would Look Like As A ‘90s Sitcom
- MovieWeb: Terminally Ill Star Wars Fan Gets an Early Rogue One Screening
- ScreenRant: New Star Wars: Rogue One Toys Revealed
- Cinema Blend: New Star Wars Theory May Make You Think Differently About Rey And The Force
- MovieWeb: Star Wars Story Group Executive Talks Connecting a Universe
- SlashFilm: Theme Park Bits: ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’ Coming to ‘Fantasmic,’ Celebration of Harry Potter Returns to Universal, and More ‘Star Wars’ at Disneyland Paris
- Latino Review: STAR WARS: Lucasfilm Exec On How They Keep The Universe Cohesive And Consistent
- HitFix: Is Rey being set up as the villain of ‘Star Wars’?
- ScreenRant: Famous Album Covers Redesigned as Star Wars Art
- AintItCool: Capone interviews MORRIS FROM AMERICA writer-director Chad Hartigan & star Craig Robinson
- Moviefone: 'Breaking Bad' Star Calls for More Disabled Actors on TV
- Vulture: A Star Is Born Is the Ultimate Hollywood Horror Story, and Lady Gaga Might Be Perfect Casting
- Horror Society: Johnny Strong & Lance Henriksen star in Daylight’s End; in select theaters August 26th.
- Variety: Madison Avenue Bets Big on Fox’s ‘Star’ to Lead Freshman TV Shows
- Variety: ‘Southside With You’ Star Tika Sumpter on Malia Obama: ‘Give Her Some Slack’
- HitFix: British Embassy hilariously responded with a ‘Star Trek’ gif to White House History tweet
- ScreenRant: The Jungle Book Star Neel Sethi Wants To Make A Sequel
Yesterday, Variety brought word that Doug Liman is coming on board one of DC's next films, Dark Universe. Yep, the director of 2014's biggest 'Why is no one going to see this movie, it's sooo good?!?' film Edge of Tomorrow is entering a franchise that has to date, created the largest rift between professional movie watchers and critics, and the general public. While plot details are being kept under wraps, the story revolves around a dark Justice League team that consists of John Constantine, Swamp Thing, Deadman, Zatanna and Etri
- HitFix: Director Doug Liman drops 'Gambit' to jump into DC's 'Dark Universe'
- Comic Book Movie: EDGE OF TOMORROW Director Doug Liman Will Helm WB And DC's JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK Movie
- Screen Crush: Doug Liman to Direct Guillermo del Toro's 'Dark Universe' DC Movie
- Bleeding Cool: Doug Liman Drops Out Of Gambit; Joins DC’s Dark Universe
- Filmonic: Doug Liman Will Direct Dark Universe, DC’s Justice League Dark
- Horror-Movies.ca: Doug Liman is Set to Direct ‘Justice League: Dark’
- The Wrap: Doug Liman to Direct ‘Justice League Dark’ for Warner Bros, DC Entertainment
- SlashFilm: Doug Liman Will Direct Justice League Dark Movie; Will No Longer Direct ‘Gambit’
- Latino Review: BREAKING NEWS: Director Doug Liman Ditches GAMBIT Flick For JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK
- ScreenRant: Justice League Dark Movie Adaptation Lands Doug Liman as Director
- JoBlo: Doug Liman drops Gambit to direct Justice League Dark
- MovieWeb: DC's Justice League Dark Movie Gets Edge of Tomorrow Director
- ScreenRant: X-Men Spinoff Gambit Loses Doug Liman as Director
- MovieWeb: X-Men Spinoff Gambit Loses Director Doug Liman to DC
Alita: Battle Angel: Christoph Waltz (The Legend of Tarzan) is in early negotiations to star in Alita: Battle Angel, to be directed by Robert Rodriguez. James Cameron is producing the project, which revolves around a cyborg (Rosa Salazar) who is discovered in a scrapyard and then trained as a bounty hunter. If things work out, Waltz would play a surgeon who becomes the cyborg's mentor. [THR] Doctor Strange: Dan Harmon (TV's Community) has been added as a writer for...Read MoreRead Comments
- Hollywood Reporter: Christoph Waltz in Talks to Star in James Cameron's 'Alita: Battle Angel' (Exclusive)
- Comic Book Movie: James Cameron's ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL Courting SPECTRE Star Christoph Waltz For A Key Role
- Vulture: Christoph Waltz in Talks for Alita: Battle Angel Adaptation from Robert Rodriguez and James Cameron
- The Wrap: Christoph Waltz in Talks for James Cameron’s ‘Alita: Battle Angel’
- ScreenRant: Christoph Waltz May Join James Cameron’s Alita: Battle Angel
- SlashFilm: James Cameron-Produced ‘Alita: Battle Angel’ Eyes Christoph Waltz for Non-Villainous Role
- Coming Soon: Christoph Waltz Targets Dyson Role in Alita: Battle Angel
- IGN Movies: Alita: Battle Angel Courts Christoph Waltz for Mentor Role
- Dark Horizons: Christoph Waltz In Talks For “Alita: Battle Angel”
- We Got This Covered: Christoph Waltz Being Eyed For Alita: Battle Angel
- Bleeding Cool: Christoph Waltz In Talks To Mentor Alita: Battle Angel
- JoBlo: Christoph Waltz in talks to star in Robert Rodriquez's Alita: Battle Angel
- Latino Review: Christoph Waltz in Talks for ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL
- Cinema Blend: Alita: Battle Angel May Have Found Its Male Lead
Bryan Singer‘s X-Men movie universe is about to make its way to television with FX‘s Legion. And according to Singer, who is an executive producer on the series, it will have deep ties to the movie universe. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Singer told an audience at the Edinburgh Television Festival that Legion and a currently untitled X-Men project for FOX will “relate to future X-Men movies.” But he also said the series will be accessible to those who have never watched an X-Men film.
- Coming Soon: Bryan Singer Teases Legion’s Connection to Future X-Men Movies
- Hollywood Reporter: Bryan Singer, Peter Rice Talk FX's 'Legion,' Start of 'X-Men' Movie Franchise
- Comic Book Movie: X-MEN: APOCALYPSE Director Bryan Singer Confirms That FX's LEGION Is Indeed A Part Of The X-Universe
- Dark Horizons: Singer Teases “Legion” X-Men Connection
- Cinema Blend: Could The X-Men Show Up In Avengers: Infinity War? The Director Weighs In
- IGN Movies: X-Men: New Mutants Film World Is "Really Fascinating"
- Comic Book Movie: Marc Guggenheim On The JSA, Legion Of Doom And LEGENDS OF TOMORROW Season 2
- ScreenRant: Avengers Director Plays Down Rumors of X-Men Joining MCU
- MovieWeb: Will the X-Men Join the Fight In Avengers: Infinity War?
- Latino Review: 501ST LEGION Announces Commitment To INTERNATIONAL MAKE-A-WISH Endowment Fund
- Comic Book Movie: AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR Director Dismisses Notion Of A Surprise Team-Up With The X-MEN
Ever since Tom Holland’s Spider-Man made his unforgettable Marvel Cinematic Universe debut in the trailer for Captain America: Civil War, there has been a palpable buzz around this new, more authentic, interpretation of the web-slinger – and fans are itching to see where Marvel will take the character in the upcoming Spider-Man: Homecoming.
- Cinema Blend: Captain America: Civil War Almost Featured A Cool Hulk Character
- We Got This Covered: Iron Spider And Red Hulk Almost Featured In Captain America: Civil War
- Latino Review: Deleted Scene From Marvel's CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR Features The Winter Soldier Using The Shield
- Comic Book Movie: The Russos Nearly Included Iron Spider And Red Hulk In CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR
- MovieWeb: Civil War Deleted Scene Shows Bucky Fighting with Cap's Shield
- SlashFilm: Superhero Bits: Civil War Airport Brawl Deleted Scene, Flashpoint Teaser, Young Justice & More
- Latino Review: CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR: Russos Confirm That Steve Rogers Is No Longer Captain America, Old Giant Man Concept Art Surfaces
- ScreenRant: Iron Spider & Red Hulk Were Considered for Captain America: Civil War
- ScreenRant: Bucky Uses Captain America’s Shield in Civil War Deleted Scene
- Comic Book Movie: Stan Lee Has No Problem With Zendaya Playing Mary Jane Watson In SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING
- MovieWeb: Captain America: Civil War Almost Had Iron Spider & Red Hulk
- JoBlo: New Civil War concept art shows Ant-Man fighting for a different side
There was a time when it might have seemed odd to cast the lead of a movie that was years away before you even hired a director, but it's become an increasingly common practice in a Hollywood system where studios stake out release dates before anyone has even read a script. The (very successful) way Marvel makes its movies has turned this process into a necessity. Characters can pop up in different movies before they get their own, which is precisely what's expected to happen with...Read MoreRead Comments
- Bleeding Cool: Niki Caro, Lesli Linka Glatter and Lorene Scafaria Top List Of Potential Captain Marvel Directors
- Comic Book Movie: Hunt For CAPTAIN MARVEL Director Narrows As New Shortlist Of Names Emerge
- SlashFilm: ‘Captain Marvel’ Director Shortlist Includes Niki Caro, Lesli Linka Glatter, and Lorene Scafaria
- ScreenRant: Captain Marvel Director Shortlist Includes Homeland & McFarland Helmers
- Screen Crush: 'Captain Marvel' Director Shortlist Includes Lesli Linka Glatter, Lorene Scafaria and Niki Caro
- MovieWeb: Captain Marvel Director Shortlist Is Down to These Three Women
- HitFix: Here’s 3 women up for ‘Captain Marvel’s’ director chair
- The Wrap: ‘Captain Marvel’ Director Search: Niki Caro, Lesli Linka Glatter and Lorene Scafaria in the Mix
- JoBlo: Marvel streamlines their Captain Marvel directorial search
- SlashFilm: Steve Rogers Is Officially No Longer Captain America in the Marvel Cinematic Universe
20th Century Fox sat down with real life robots EDI and Face to gauge their reactions to the studio’s upcoming film, Morgan. The results are chilling as EDI vocalizes puzzlement and Face silently observes, but offers some clue to its “thoughts” via slight mechanized changes to its, um, face. But perhaps the most terrifying moment: Face’s dimpled smile when Morgan escapes her captivity. Morgan comes to theaters on September 2nd. The robot uprising will come sometime after that. Real Robot Reactions To Morgan Trailer May Be The Most Chilling Video You See Today
- Coming Soon: Real Robots Watch the Morgan Trailer!
- Hollywood Reporter: 'White Girl' Exclusive Clip: Morgan Saylor's NYC College Girl Gives in to Temptation
- Vulture: The Real Housewives of New York City Finale Recap: Fiesta Forever
- Dark Horizons: Two Robots Watch The “Morgan” Trailer
- FirstShowing.net: Two Creepy Promo Trailers for Sci-Fi 'Morgan' to Get Your Attention
- SlashFilm: ‘Morgan’ Videos: She’s Feeling Much Better Now
- JoBlo: Morgan is feeling much better in latest trailer for the Luke Scott film
- Latino Review: Robots React To The MORGAN Trailer
- MovieWeb: Creepy Real-Life Robots React to the Morgan Trailer
Scott Derrickson may have wrapped principal photography on DOCTOR STRANGE earlier in the year, but when additional scenes were needed recently for Marvel Studios' next film in their Cinematic Universe, Dan Harmon was called upon to do the writing for them. The creator of COMMUNITY and co-creator of Adult Swim's RICK AND MORTY was up to the task (the... Read More...
- Comic Book Movie: Dan Harmon Wrote Additional DOCTOR STRANGE Scenes That Were Filmed In Post
- SlashFilm: ‘Doctor Strange’ Shot New Scenes Written by Dan Harmon After Production Wrapped
- AintItCool: RICK & MORTY Creator Dan Harmon Scripted Reshoots For DOCTOR STRANGE??
- Screen Crush: 'Doctor Strange' Taps 'Rick and Morty' Co-Creator Dan Harmon For Last-Minute Script Work
- MovieWeb: Doctor Strange Reshoots Brought in Community Creator Dan Harmon
- IGN Movies: Community Creator Writing New Doctor Strange Scenes
- ScreenRant: Doctor Strange: Community Creator Did Uncredited Script Work
- JoBlo: Forecasting The Movie: Doctor Strange (video)
- Fandango Movie Blog: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Magnificent Seven' and 'Doctor Strange' Are Most Anticipated Fall Films, Say Moviegoers
The Fast & Furious franchise has developed into one of Hollywood’s most unlikely mega-franchises in part because of a winning chemistry between its recurring main cast that nicely compliments the series’ central themes of family and strength in numbers.
- Cinema Blend: Jason Statham's Take On The Rock And Vin Diesel’s Fast 8 Beef Is Pretty Smart
- Latino Review: RUMOR: Is The Dwayne Johnson/Vin Diesel Feud One Big Publicity Stunt? Actors To Settle Differences At WRESTLEMANIA?
- Cinema Blend: Wait, Is The Rock And Vin Diesel's Fast 8 Feud Just Set-Up For A WWE Stunt?
- Vulture: Delta to Stop Airing Chris Rock’s Kill the Messenger Due to Use of Gay Slur
- Moviefone: The Rock Dethrones Iron Man as World's Highest-Paid Actor 2016
- Vulture: The Rock Is 2016’s Highest-Paid Actor
- Screen Crush: 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Plot Rumor All But Confirmed by Michael Bay's Instagram
The Angry Birds Movie didn’t exactly sound like a solid bet going into this summer. It was a cartoon based on a mobile phone video game – one which peaked in popularity a couple of years ago. Not to mention, the gameplay of the original game – birds slingshotting themselves into pigs, over and over again – didn’t exactly seem conducive to a feature film story. Then The Angry Birds Movie opened to a surprisingly decent response – though not an over-enthused one (read Screen Rant’s review for case in point).
- Variety: ‘Angry Birds’ Bows at No. 1 on Blu-ray Disc, DVD Sales Chart
- Variety: ‘Angry Birds Movie’ Sequel in the Works at Rovio
- Coming Soon: Angry Birds Movie Sequel Being Planned
- Cinema Blend: Angry Birds 2 Is Definitely Happening, Because Money
- IGN Movies: Angry Birds Movie Sequel Happening
- SlashFilm: Rovio Is Planning an ‘Angry Birds Movie’ Sequel
- Latino Review: Rovio Planning A Sequel For THE ANGRY BIRDS MOVIE
David Oyelowo is a king with Rosamund Pike as his queen in the first trailer for “A United Kingdom.” The film is based on the true story of Seretse Khama (Oyelowo), heir to the throne of Botswana, who defied societal norms when he fell in live with a white woman named Ruth Williams in 1940’s England.
- Vulture: A United Kingdom Trailer: David Oyelowo and Rosamund Pike Find Love in a Hopeless Time and Place
- IndieWire: ‘A United Kingdom’ Trailer: David Oyelowo and Rosamund Pike Fight For Love & Country
- FirstShowing.net: David Oyelowo & Rosamund Pike in UK Trailer for 'A United Kingdom'
- We Got This Covered: The First Trailer For A United Kingdom Debuts
- Deadline: Fox Hit With ‘Empire’ Class Action Suit Over Filming At Juvenile Detention Center
- Vulture: Empire Is the Subject of a Class Action Lawsuit About Its Filming at a Juvenile Detention Center
Darlene Gets Dangerous as the FBI Closes in on fSociety.Continue reading on Film School Rejects »
We’ve been keeping an eye on The Disappointments Room ever since it got picked up last year, so we’re thrilled to see Relativity Media release the film’s first official trailer, above. The horror thriller, starring Kate Beckinsale, is slated to premier in mere weeks, on September 9. While The Disappointments Room may suffer from a strange name and banal premise, its team has horror fans hoping that it will breathe new life — or death — into the genre. Disturbia director D. J.
- SlashFilm: ‘The Disappointments Room’ Trailer: Kate Beckinsale Unlocks a Room Full of Horrors
- Badass Digest: Something About This Trailer For THE DISAPPOINTMENTS ROOM Seems Oddly Familiar
- We Got This Covered: New Trailer For The Disappointments Room Arrives
- FirstShowing.net: First Trailer for D.J. Caruso's New Horror 'The Disappointments Room'
- Screen Crush: 'The Disappointments Room' Finally has a Chilling First Trailer
A simple yet horrifying premise lifts the new thriller Don’t Breathe above its slasher/torture porn brethren: three reckless teenagers decide to break into the home of an old man whom they intend to rob…um…blind, only to discover that the old stooge, despite being unable to see, is terrifyingly vicious and dangerous. Once he has them trapped inside the house thanks to a parade of deadbolts and window bars, the owner will stop at nothing to prevent them from escaping.Straightforward plot is a good thing when it comes to modern day horror.
- IGN Movies: Don't Breathe Review
- Hollywood Reporter: Box-Office Preview: 'Don't Breathe' Set to Win Late-Summer Weekend
- IGN Movies: Don't Breathe Cast on What Makes It So Frightening
- MovieWeb: Don't Breathe Review: Tense Horror Without the Cheap Thrills
- Entertainment Weekly: Review: 'Don't Breathe': EW review
"What if you do find home and they're not even there, and you just keep searching…?" "I don't have a choice." The Weinstein Company has finally debuted a trailer for the film Lion, from director Garth Davis, a powerful story of finding your home and your family no matter how hard that is. Dev Patel stars as Saroo Brierley, an Indian boy who was adopted by an Australian family and raised in Australia after he became separated from his real family at a young age. He decides to go back to India to search for his family and reconnect with them.
- Vulture: Here Is the Trailer for Dev Patel’s Family Drama Lion, the Reason You Are Now Sobbing
- Screen Crush: Dev Patel Uses Google Earth to Find His Long-Lost Family in First 'Lion' Trailer
- USA Today: Exclusive trailer premiere: Dev Patel's 'Lion' roars for awards season
- IndieWire: ‘Lion’ Trailer: Inspirational True Story Is The Weinstein Company’s Major Oscar Hopeful
- USA Today: Exclusive trailer: 'Lion'
Way back in 2010, there were reports John Krasinski was the frontrunner to play Captain America. That casting didn’t pan out, obviously; Chris Evans has been the Captain America we know and love for three Cap movies and two Avengers films now. But until now, we never knew quite why. During a recent appearance on Conan, Krasinski playfully blamed Marvel star Chris Hemsworth — or more accurately, the incredibly fit body of Marvel star Chris Hemsworth — for losing him the part. Krasinski confirmed he’d done a screen test to play Captain America.
- We Got This Covered: John Krasinski Reflects On His Failed Captain America: The First Avenger Audition
- Screen Crush: John Krasinski Blames Chris Hemsworth's Bod of Thunder for His Failed Captain America Audition
- Vulture: John Krasinski and James Corden Have Been Hallmarks of Great American Film’s ... Cutting Floors
- Deadline: John Krasinski And James Corden Explain How They Got Cut From All Your Favorite Movies
Much has been said about Suicide Squad since the film hit theaters a few weeks back. Most of the cast and crew who've been asked about the polarizing reception behind the film have largely defended it. Of course, if there is one person who can be considered to have spoken against the film, it would have to be Oscar-winner Jared Leto.Leto himself didn't necessarily disparage the film by any means, but he did express his discontentment over the fact that a large number of scenes that were cut from the film.
- IGN Movies: Suicide Squad Photo Reveals Deleted Joker-Harley Scene
- Cinema Blend: Suicide Squad’s Streak Might Be Smashed This Weekend, And By One Specific Movie
- Dark Horizons: “Suicide Squad” Creator Talks Those Reviews
- Comic Book Movie: BOX OFFICE: David Ayer's SUICIDE SQUAD Could Lose The Top Spot This Weekend
While I don't think we'll be seeing a sequel to TERMINATOR: GENISYS anytime soon, you will be able to get your Arnold Schwarzenegger fix on a weekly basis with the NEW Celebrity Apprentice. That's right! This isn't your granddaddy's Apprentice! Check out the new promo for the upcoming season that totally has nothing to do with TERMINATOR at all! The upcoming season will see sixteen celebrities who... Read More...
- Variety: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton a ‘Bigot’ Who Only Wants Votes
- Vulture: Donald Trump’s Chicago President Update: Seth Meyers Plays Hardball
- Vulture: Donald Trump’s New ‘Make America Grape Again’ Campaign Ad Sure to Win Over All Black Voters
- Deadline: Seth Meyers Downgrades Donald Trump Offer On ‘Chicago President’
Funko has turned any and nearly every kind of character from pop culture into one of the POP! Vinyl figures. Disney, Star Wars, Batman, Ghostbusters, Family Guy, The Avengers, Gremlins, Futurama and tons more movies and TV shows have had their characters turned into the adorable little doe-eyed collectibles. Basically, anything popular gets the Funko treatment, so you would think Stranger Things would be next right? That’s what we’re hoping, and it appears Funko got a head start on their collection by creating a POP!
- Vulture: Ben Schwartz Confirms That Stranger Things' Steve Is Jean-Ralphio's True Daddy
- Vulture: Aaron Paul Wants to Adopt Stranger Things’ Millie Bobby Brown, Despite Brown Already Having a Loving Family
- Variety: ‘Stranger Things’ Ratings: Where Series Ranks Among Netflix’s Most Watched
- HitFix: Did 'Stranger Things' mean to be a metaphor for girls going through puberty? - She Said, She Said
- SlashFilm: LOL: Ben Schwartz “Confirms” Steve From ‘Stranger Things’ Is the Father of Jean-Ralphio From ‘Parks & Rec’
Jon Favreau, director of Iron Man and The Jungle Book, has signed on to direct and executive produce a new hour-long comedic drama created and starring Seth MacFarlane.
- Vulture: Jon Favreau Will Direct and Produce Seth MacFarlane's New Space Dramedy for Fox
- We Got This Covered: Untitled Seth MacFarlane TV Show Gains Jon Favreau As Director
- Dark Horizons: Favreau To Direct Seth MacFarlane Sci-Fi Series
- JoBlo: Jon Favreau to direct pilot for Seth MacFarlane's sci-fi/dramedy series
Adam Ray, the man who voiced Slimer in this summer’s “Ghostbusters” reboot, believes that the hack of Leslie Jones‘ personal website will only “make her stronger.” “This is probably going to give her a strong 20 minutes,” he told TMZ.
- Deadline: Hollywood Rallies In Support Of Leslie Jones Following Hack
- Variety: Leslie Jones Hack Being Investigated by Homeland Security
- Deadline: Leslie Jones Hack Now A Homeland Security Investigation
- The Wrap: Paul Feig Blasts ‘Absolute Outrage’ of Leslie Jones Hack
- The Wrap: Why Leslie Jones Got Targeted for Website Hack
- The Wrap: Leslie Jones Hack Case Being Investigated by Homeland Security
- The Wrap: Hollywood Stands Behind Leslie Jones: Ellen, Katy Perry, Lena Dunham Speak Out After Nude Photo Hack
- Screen Crush: Leslie Jones' Website Hacked, Proving That Maybe the Internet Should Be Deleted
- The Wrap: Leslie Jones: A Timeline of Her Rise to Celebrity
- The Wrap: Leslie Jones’ Hacker Was a Milo Yiannopoulos Fan, Revenge Porn Lawyer Says
A team of unique Russian superheroes comes together to stop a deadly threat in the trailer for Guardians, hitting theaters next year.
- FirstShowing.net: New Trailer for Russian Superhero Movie 'Guardians' or 'Zashchitniki'
- Bleeding Cool: James Gunn Discusses Groot’s Growth Cycle And When Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2 Is Set
- Bleeding Cool: Bear With A Machine Gun… New Trailer For Russian Made Guardians
- Screen Crush: 'Guardians,' the Totally Nutso Russian Superhero Movie, Has a Trailer
The new full-length animated Batman movie starring Adam West and Burt Ward will premiere October 6, with new photos arriving today.
- Coming Soon: Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders to Premiere at New York Comic Con
- Badass Digest: Holy New Trailer For BATMAN: RETURN OF THE CAPED CRUSADERS, Batman!
- Latino Review: Camp, Ortiz, Isherwood, Golden Top Comics Creators To Attend Wizard World Comic Con Richmond, September 9-11
- Latino Review: Comic Books 101: Batman -- Where To Begin Reading (Part 1)
Jeremy Renner is joining a new team as the Avengers actor signs on to voice the lead in the AMBI Group 3D Animated film Arctic Justice: Thunder Squad. Renner joins a cast that already includes Alec Baldwin, James Franco, Anjelica Huston and Omar Sy as a group of inexperienced heroes combining to thwart the evil Doc Walrus, voiced by John Cleese, and save the Arctic. Renner will be a fox named Swifty. The screenplay is written by Cal Brunker and Bob Barlen. [Source: Variety] Jeremy Renner Signs On To Lead A New Team
Get Acquainted With the Newest Marvel Inhuman Ahead of New Series!You’ve heard about his new series. You’ve seen his first appearance in the pages of Uncanny Inhumans. Before he explodes onto the scene in his new ongoing series, read the FREE 10 page MOSAIC PRELUDE – available right now via the Marvel Comics App and the Marvel Digital Comics Store!
- Dark Horizons: Wheatley’s Peckinpah-Esque “Free Fire” Now Hits 2017
- Badass Digest: We Regret To Inform You That Ben Wheatley’s FREE FIRE Is Now A 2017 Release
- We Got This Covered: Grab Rayman Origins For Free As Part Of Ubisoft’s 30th Anniversary Celebrations
It’s become something of a welcome tradition for blockbuster movies as of late, but no matter how much it happens, it’s hard to feel bitter about celebrities visiting sick kids in character.
In ‘Planetarium’ Natalie Portman goes from talking to the dead to acting in French films. Continue reading…
While promoting her upcoming film Morgan, the folks over at iGN had a chance to talk to Kate Mara and was asked about the possibility of her returning to a Fantastic Four sequel where she played Sue Storm.Mara said:"Oh yeah I would love to be a part of a Fantastic Four sequel or whatever they may or may not have in store for us. And I know that all the guys feel the same way. We loved working with each other and we would love to actually play these characters in another way somehow in the future. I have no idea if that’s actually true, if that will happen.
'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child' star Alex Price explains what makes the play so special and important.
This weekend sees the opening of the Mechanic: Resurrection, the sequel to the 2011 film that starred Jason Statham. The action star returns to the role of Arthur Bishop and is joined by Jessica Alba, Michelle Yeoh and Tommy Lee Jones.
In a quick preview of the new season of Arrow, Ollie faces new challenges and the spotlight of public office. But while he assembles a new Team Arrow and Michael falls off the salmon ladder, Thea is certain he can handle himself. Even if he’s being tortured again at a remote facility. Arrow returns October 5th on The CW. Oliver Can Take Care Of Himself In Arrow Season Five Preview
- We Got This Covered: Season 5 Teaser For Arrow Unveils Black Canary Monument
- Comic Book Movie: The Black Canary Gets Memorialized In A New Promo For ARROW Season 5
Jack Ryan is a property studios have already taken a shot at on the film front several times: with actors Alec Baldwin, Harrison Ford, Ben Affleck, and Chris Pine all filling in for the role of the titular character. Most recently, Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit, which was directed by Kenneth Branagh, hit theaters. A good number of viewers who went to see it generally enjoyed it, but at the end of the day it was definitely a by-the-numbers thriller that didn't do much to go above and beyond. The film didn't set the box office on fire either.
There's a lot of elements that helped to make BLADE RUNNER the classic it's considered today, and one of the most notable of those was the score from Vangelis. While most electronic scores from yesteryear generally date the film, Vangelis was able to create a sonic landscape that felt new, yet familiar. It goes hand in hand with the fantastic imagery, so I think we can all agree the music for... Read More...
MANCHESTER BY THE SEA follows a man (Casey Affleck) who returns to his hometown following the death of his brother (Kyle Chandler) to take care of his teen-aged nephew (Lucas Hedges). Amazon Studios paid $10 million to acquire the rights for this flick, so you're probably not going to see too much promotion for its limited theatrical release, but here's a trailer that delivers some serious... Read More...
Roberto DurÃ¡n was one of those boxers whose fame is hard to separate from his infamy. The proud Panamanian brawler rose from poverty to become a national hero when he beat Sugar Ray Leonard in the summer of 1980 â and then saw his reputation sullied and dragged through the mud just five months...C+
The North American rights to the Nicolas Cage, Willem Dafoe action thriller “Dog Eat Dog” have been acquired by RLJ Entertainment, the company announced Wednesday. Based on the novel by Edward Bunker, “Dog Eat Dog” was written by Matthew Wilder and was directed by Paul Schrader. Also starring Christopher Matthew Cook, the film first premiered at Cannes Film Festival and will make its North American premiere at the 2016 Toronto Film Festival next month. See Video: Nicolas Cage Caught Screaming at Vince Neil in Las Vegas The film tells the story of three ex-cons who mes
Our critic picks the ten best movies of summer.Continue reading on Film School Rejects »
- Screen Crush: The Under-the-Radar Movies You Should Have Watched This Summer
- SlashFilm: By The Numbers: Was 2016 The Worst Summer For Movies?
- Film School Rejects: How To Fix Summer Movies
- HitFix: Claustrophobes, avoid this 'Blair Witch' trailer at all costs
- Latino Review: New BLAIR WITCH Trailer Is Here!
You don't have to be a movie expert to know that comic book flicks are a huge deal nowadays.
- We Got This Covered: Lionsgate Summons An Adaptation Of The Monolith
If you never got an invitation from Prince to drop by his pad in Minnesota, you’ll have your chance to pay a visit soon enough. The late singer’s famous Paisley Park estate will open for public tours in October, Bremer Trust, the special administrator of the musician’s estate, said Wednesday. According to the late “Purple Rain” musician’s sister, Tyka Nelson, Prince was actually making plans to open the estate up to the public before his death in April at age 57. Also Read: Prince Property Sale Gets Go-Ahead From Judge “Opening Paisley Park is
Get a closer look at Scarlet Johansson's character in full costume, along with several of her co-stars in Ghost in the Shell.
Itâs become sort of presidential rite of passage for all but the dullest Commanders-in-Chief to be immortalized in celluloid. (Hang in there, Millard Fillmore!) But the versions we see on screen tend to exist solely in the rarefied context of their office â how these men behave, or donât, when the...B
Open Road Films has released a new film clip from director Oliver Stone’s International thriller, Snowden which is based on Luke Harding's recent book, "The Snowden Files: The Inside Story of the World's Most Wanted Man" and "Time of the Octopus" by Anatoly Kucherena.Academy Award®-winning director Oliver Stone, who brought Platoon, Born On The Fourth Of July, Wall Street and JFK to the big screen, tackles the most important and fascinating true story of the 21st century.
A new trailer and a one sheet for Thomas Dekker's sophomore effort Jack Goes Home dropped recently.
Starz has gone patriotic with the first poster for Ash vs Evil Dead season 2. The new image features Bruce Campbell, Lucy Lawless, Dana DeLorenzo and Ray Santiago. The new season kicks off on October 2nd. The image was originally share via the series Twitter account. The official #AshvsEvilDead Season 2 poster is here. You’re welcome, America pic.twitter.com/tkBkpME3mq — Ash vs Evil Dead (@AshvsEvilDead) August 23, 2016 Ash Vs Evil Dead Gets Patriotic In Season 2 Poster
- Coming Soon: Exclusive Ash vs Evil Dead Blu-ray Clip
"There is a savage beast in every man," wrote George R.R. Martin in A Storm of Swords, and American teenager John Wayne Cleaver has taken those words to heart. John (Max Records) lives in a small, cold town in the U.S. His mother April (Laura Fraser) is a morgue technician, and so John has grown up with a pragmatic view of the human body, which only feeds his fascination with bodily functions. Based in part on his clinical detachment from sights that would send many teens fleeing, John has decided that he is a sociopath and, potentially, a serial killer in waiting.
George Clooney is set to host “Hollywood’s Night Under the Stars,” a 95th birthday party fundraiser for the Motion Picture & Television Fund, the entertainment industry’s philanthropy announced this morning. The Oct. 1 event at the MPTF’s Wasserman Campus in Woodland Hills, California, is notable because the general public can purchase tickets to rub shoulders with confirmed guests including Matt Bomer, Yvette Nicole Brown, Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones, Jane Lynch and Hugh Jackman amongst others.
Get ready for a reimagining of old school #squadgoals.Continue reading on Film School Rejects »
Big surprises, big disappointments, and everything in between.Continue reading on Film School Rejects »
Not every film released under the Disney banner in 2016 has been a hit (see: Alice Through the Looking Glass, The BFG), but the Mouse House has still had one of the strongest years at the box office in history. This past May, they set a new record for fastest to $1 billion at the domestic box office, and that was just one day into Captain America: Civil War‘s dominant run and a month prior to Finding Dory becoming the highest-grossing movie of the year in the U.S.
- The Wrap: Disney Set to Break Market-Share Record
Epix is putting together a new 10-episode adaptation of Elmore Leonard’s novel Get Shorty. Most people know the property from the 1995 film with John Travolta, Gene Hackman, Rene Russo and Danny DeVito. The new take changes a couple of name. Chilli Palmer (Travolta) is now Miles Daly and will be played by Chris O’Dowd.
- Latino Review: 10-Episode GET SHORTY TV Series In The Works For Epix
FX Networks has just launched an American Horror Story ?6 sweepstakes where they challenge their fans to guess the theme of this years season.The plan is to keep the theme a secret until the premiere episode on September 14th. “The new AHS teaser campaign has fans anxiously awaiting the premiere and the reveal of this season’s theme,” says Kenya Hardaway, VP of Integrated Promotions.
1. Suicide SquadGross: $20,855,401Total: $262,428,736
2. Sausage PartyGross: $15,485,577Total: $65,486,596
3. War DogsGross: $14,685,305Total: $14,685,305
4. Kubo And The Two StringsGross: $12,608,372Total: $12,608,372
5. Pete's DragonGross: $11,349,938Total: $42,911,207