Top Movie News for April 16, 2014
We already got the final trailer and two featurettes for X-Men: Days of Future Past this week and now 20th Century Fox has released three more featurettes, which you can view below!
- Cinema Blend: X-Men: Days Of Future Past Featurettes Take You Behind The Scenes Of The Summer Blockbuster
- MovieWeb: 'X-Men: Days of Future Past': Magneto's Helmet and Wardrobe Featurettes
- ScreenRant: ‘X-Men: Days of Future Past’ Costume Featurettes Reveal New Footage; Rogue Cameo Confirmed
- JoBlo: Two new featurettes for X-Men: Days of Future Past; plus more X-men cameos
- Latino Review: Two New ‘X-Men: Days of Future Past’ Featurettes
- Bleeding Cool: Two New X-Men: Days Of Future Past Featurettes
- Comic Book Movie: Three More X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST Featurettes
- AintItCool: Re-Revised X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST Casting Re-Adds A Mutant!!
- Cinema Blend: Anna Paquin's Rogue Will Appear In X-Men: Days Of Future Past, Other Cameos Planned
- Moviefone: The Final 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' Trailer Is Jam-Packed With Mutants (VIDEO)
- Cinema Blend: Amazing Spider-Man 2 To Have An X-Men: Days Of Future Past Post-Credits Sequence
- Moviefone: 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Post-Credits Clip Teases 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'
- Variety: Anna Paquin to ‘Cameo’ in ‘X-Men: Days of Future Past’
- We Got This Covered: Anna Paquin Will Be Back For X-Men: Days Of Future Past After All
- SlashFilm: ‘Amazing Spider-Man 2′ Features ‘X-Men: Days of Future Past’ After-Credits Clip
- FirstShowing.net: Anna Paquin Will Show Up in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' After All
- The Playlist: Anna Paquin Back In 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past,' 3 Still-Unrevealed Mutant Cameos To Come
- Movies With Butter: 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' Trailer: Everyone Gets Punched in the Face
- MovieWeb: Anna Paquin's Rogue Not Cut from 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'
- MovieWeb: 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Features 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' Post-Credits Scene
- FirstShowing.net: 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' Has a Clip After 'Amazing Spider-Man 2'
- Comic Book Movie: THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 Post Credits Scene Is A Clip From X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST
- ScreenRant: ‘Amazing Spider-Man 2′ Features Post-Credits ‘X-Men: Days of Future Past’ Scene
- Empire Magazine: See An X-Men: Days Of Future Past Sting On Amazing Spider-Man 2
- The Wrap: ‘Amazing Spider-Man 2' End Credits to Feature ‘X-Men: Days of Future Past’ Scene
- IGN Movies: X-Men: Days of Future Past Scene During Amazing Spider-Man 2
- SlashFilm: ‘X-Men: Days of Future Past’: Rogue Still In After All
- HitFix: Will Anna Paquin be showing up in ‘X-Men: Days of Future Past’ after all?
- Filmonic: Here’s the Third and Supposedly Final Trailer for X-Men: Days of Future Past
- Bleeding Cool: Rogue Is In X-Men: Days Of Future Past After All, And Her “Cameo” Is Actually Crucial
- Dark Horizons: Featurettes: Marvel's "Guardians," "X-Men: DOFP"
- IGN Movies: Paquin's Rogue NOT Cut from Days of Future Past
- Latino Review: Marvelous Da7e #41: Come With Me To Our Future Women Days
- Badass Digest: AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 Has X-MEN Post-Credits Teaser
- Variety: The Secret Deal Behind ‘Spider-Man 2’ Plugging the ‘X-Men’ (EXCLUSIVE)
- Vulture: Why an X-Men Clip Will Play After Spider-Man 2’s Credits
- Digital Spy: Amazing Spider-Man 2's X-Men post-credits scene: Fox, Sony in 'secret deal'
- Hollywood Reporter: 'Spider-Man 2' Post-Credit 'X-Men' Cameo Explained
- Mania: X-Men Clip with Amazing Spider-Man 2?
- Screen Crush: 'Amazing Spider-Man 2′ Has a New Post-Credits Scene That Includes…the X-Men?!
- JoBlo: The X-Men to appear in a scene during The Amazing Spider-man 2 credits
- IGN Movies: Spider-Man’s X-Men Scene
- Comic Book Movie: Why An X-MEN: DOFP Stinger With TASM 2? The Answer Will Disappoint Crossover Fans
- MovieWeb: Secret Deal Behind 'Spider-Man' / 'X-Men' Post-Credits Revealed
Eli Roth's latest offering of globe-trotting terror takes us deep into the Peruvian rain forests, where a group of good-time-lovin' student activists soon find themselves abandoned and at the mercy of a savage, flesh-craving tribe of indigenous cannibals. Roth again joins forces with Aftershock director Nicolas Lopez, with the Chilean filmmaker this time providing Producer and Co-Writer duties while Roth directs.
- IndieWire: Watch: Fear Will Consume You in First Trailer for Eli Roth's Cannibal Horror 'The Green Inferno'
- JoBlo: Eli Roth's cannibal horror movie The Green Inferno gets a teaser trailer
- FirstShowing.net: First Trailer for Eli Roth's Cannibal Horror Thriller 'The Green Inferno'
- The Playlist: Watch: Chilling First Trailer For Eli Roth's 'The Green Inferno'
- AintItCool: This cool teaser for Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO hints at some freaky stuff going on in the Amazon!
- FearNet: Eli Roth's 'The Green Inferno' Gets A Trailer
- Coming Soon: The Trailer for Eli Roth's The Green Inferno is Here
- Screen Crush: 'The Green Inferno' Trailer: Eli Roth Resurrects the Cannibal Film
- MovieWeb: Watch Eli Roth's 'The Green Inferno' Trailer!
- The Wrap: ‘Green Inferno’ Trailer: Eli Roth's First Appetizer for a Cannibalistic Main Course (Video)
- Bleeding Cool: First Trailer For Eli Roth’s Cannibal Picture, The Green Inferno
- Shock Till You Drop: The Trailer for Eli Roth’s The Green Inferno Has Arrived!
- Badass Digest: Eli Roth’s Gory Good THE GREEN INFERNO Gets A Trailer
- Deadline: Hot Trailer: Eli Roth’s ‘The Green Inferno’
- Variety: Watch: Trailer for Eli Roth’s ‘Green Inferno’ Teases Horror in the Amazon
- Digital Spy: Eli Roth brings horror to the Amazon in first The Green Inferno trailer
- Latino Review: Trailer Hits for Eli Roth’s ‘The Green Inferno’
- Moviefone: Here's the 'Green Inferno' Trailer You've Been Waiting For (EXCLUSIVE)
- Dark Horizons: First Trailer: "The Green Inferno"
- Dread Central: The Green Inferno Trailer Now Available for Mass Consumption
- We Got This Covered: First Trailer For The Green Inferno Takes You Deep Into The Jungle
- Horror-Movies.ca: First Trailer for ‘The Green Inferno’
- Chud: Trailer for The Green Inferno Looks Delicious
- Mania: New THE GREEN INFERNO Trailer
- SlashFilm: ‘The Green Inferno’ Trailer: The Jungle Will Eat You
- Movies With Butter: 'The Green Inferno' Teaser: 'Hostel' in Peru
After a star turning role in Dead Poet’s Society in 1989, Robin Williams had a quick succession of popular, hit comedies: Hook, Aladdin, Jumanji, The Birdcage, and so on. But it was his role as divorced actor Daniel Hillard – not to mention Daniel’s alter ego, Euphegenia Doubtfire – in Mrs. Doubtfire (1993) that brought Williams both popular acclaim and a Golden Globe for Best Actor. In that film, Daniel lost a custody battle for his children with his ex-wife (Sally Field).
- Deadline: Fox 2000 Developing ‘Mrs. Doubtfire’ Sequel With ‘Elf’ Scribe Attached To Write
- AintItCool: Robin Williams May Return As Mrs. Doubtfire!
- Digital Spy: Mrs Doubtfire sequel with Robin Williams, Chris Columbus in the works
- Coming Soon: Robin Williams to Return for Mrs. Doubtfire Sequel
- The Wrap: ‘Mrs. Doubtfire’ Sequel in the Works With Robin Williams, Chris Columbus Returning
- HitFix: Today in 1993: A 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel is in the works with Robin Williams
- FirstShowing.net: Robin Williams to Look Like a Lady Again in 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel
- Screen Crush: 'Mrs. Doubtfire 2′ is in the Works With Robin Williams Set to Return
- MovieWeb: Robin Williams Is Returning for 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel
- Hollywood Reporter: 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- Variety: ‘Mrs. Doubtfire’ Sequel in the Works
- Entertainment Weekly: ‘Mrs. Doubtfire’ sequel in the works
- Cinema Blend: Mrs. Doubtfire 2 Is In The Works
- Vulture: A Mrs. Doubtfire Sequel Is in the Works
- JoBlo: The sequel to Mrs. Doubtfire is finally happening
- Movies With Butter: 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel Starts Up Again
- Film School Rejects: There’s Only One Way We Might Be Interested in the Just-Announced ‘Mrs. Doubtfire’ Sequel
Could it become Into The Fire?The film has been known as There And Back Again since 2012 at least, but today a rumour surfaced from usually reliable fan site TheOneRing.net that the third Hobbit adventure could conceivably be called Into The Fire.While the site is at pains to point out that its sources are simply pointing to New Line registering the title as a way of protecting copyright, it wouldn’t be the first time the film has been floated under a different name – there was the thought it may end up being called The Battle Of Five Armies when the plan to split the story into a
- We Got This Covered: The Hobbit: There And Back Again Might Get A Title Change
- Dark Horizons: Final "The Hobbit" Gets A Title Change?
- Badass Digest: Rumor: THE HOBBIT 3 Is Getting A New Title
- Cinema Blend: The Hobbit: There And Back Again May Be Getting A New Title
- Comic Book Movie: 3rd HOBBIT Movie May Get A New Fiery Title
- JoBlo: New Line has registered a new potential title for the third Hobbit film
- Screen Crush: 'The Hobbit 3′ May Undergo a Title Change
- FirstShowing.net: 'The Hobbit: There and Back Again' May Be Getting a Different Title
- HitFix: Is New Line planning to change the title of the final 'Hobbit' film?
- Bleeding Cool: The Third Hobbit Film May Get A Title Change, Become The Hobbit: Into The Fire
- Variety: ‘The Hobbit’ Knocks ‘Frozen’ Off Top of Home Video Sales Chart
- MovieWeb: The Hobbit: Is 'There and Back Again' Getting Renamed 'Into the Fire'?
- SlashFilm: Rumor: Third Hobbit Chapter Retitled ‘The Hobbit: Into the Fire’
- Latino Review: Third ‘Hobbit’ Getting A Name Change?
- IGN Movies: The Third Hobbit Movie Might be Getting a Name Change
Two weeks ahead of its U.S. debut, The Amazing Spider-Man 2 begins its international roll-out this weekend. It opens in 15 markets, including major territories like Australia, Germany, Mexico, Spain and the U.K.The sequel arrives less than two years after The Amazing Spider-Man, a franchise reboot that earned over $750 million worldwide. While that's an impressive tally, it marked a new low for the Spider-Man character. That drop can be attributed in large part to declining interest in the...
- Cinema Blend: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Cast Opens Up About 2016's Part Three
- We Got This Covered: The Mutants Will Show Up In The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Post-Credit Scene
- AintItCool: There's some cross-promotion (and misdirection) going on in the credits of AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2!
- Comic Book Movie: Harry's on a Sinister Mission in New Still from THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2
- MovieWeb: 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2' IMAX Featurette
- Bleeding Cool: When Bleeding Cool Met The Producers Of The Amazing Spider-Man 2
- Comic Book Movie: THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 Review; "It's The BATMAN & ROBIN Of The Spider-Man Franchise"
- Comic Book Movie: Spider Slayers and Black Cat Lined Up For Future AMAZING SPIDER-MAN Films
- Comic Book Movie: B-Roll Footage From THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2
- ScreenRant: ‘Amazing Spider-Man 2′ Producer Hints at Female Sinister Six Member – Is it Black Cat?
- Bleeding Cool: Win An Amazing Spider-Man 2 Poster In This Super Easy Contest
- Comic Book Movie: VIDEO GAMES: New Electro-Proof Suit Announced For THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2
- MovieWeb: Spider Slayers and Black Cat Set for 'Amazing Spider-Man' Sequels
- MovieWeb: 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Music Video with Alicia Keys and Kendrick Lamar
Michael C. Hall‘s days as a serial killer may be behind him, but his days as a more ordinary, accidental kind of killer are not. In the first Cold in July trailer, the former Dexter star shoots down a burglar in self-defense. This act sets off a whole series of events, starting with the dead guy’s father’s quest for revenge. Jim Mickle (We Are What We Are) directed and Sam Shepard and Don Johnson also star. Watch the Cold in July trailer after the jump. Cold in July debuted at Sundance this year to solid, not ecstatic, reviews.
- FirstShowing.net: Michael C. Hall Kills Again in First Trailer for Indie Drama 'Cold in July'
- Entertainment Weekly: ‘Cold in July’ trailer: Michael C. Hall’s in trouble — VIDEO
- AintItCool: Michael C. Hall, Sam Shepard, and Don Johnson do the noir thing in this trailer for COLD IN JULY!
- FearNet: 'Cold In July' Starring Michael C. Hall Has Trailer
- IndieWire: Watch: Michael C. Hall Gets In Over His Head in Gritty 'Cold in July' Trailer
- We Got This Covered: First Trailer Released For Cold In July, Starring Michael C. Hall
- The Playlist: Watch: First Trailer For Jim Mickle's Noir 'Cold In July' Starring Michael C. Hall, Sam Shepard & Don Johnson
- MovieWeb: 'Cold in July' Trailer with 'Dexter' Star Michael C. Hall
- Badass Digest: COLD IN JULY Trailer Looks Decent In April
- Dread Central: New Cold in July One-Sheet and Trailer Turn Up the Heat
The National, an English-language daily newspaper that reports out of Abu Dhabi, have what they are claiming to be the first set photos from Star Wars: Episode VII as production gears up in the desert. The photos reveal a large round object, presumed to be a prop, being wheeled out of a tent against the sandy landscape. After the photo made its way online, many began to speculate that this was the foot of an AT-AT, the All Terrain Armored Transport vehicle made famous in Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back as it stormed the icy rebel base on Hoth.
- SlashFilm: Possible AT-AT Spotted on Tatooine Set of ‘Star Wars Episode VII’
- Badass Digest: STAR WARS EPISODE VII Set Pics Reveal Something Round Will Be In The Film
- Latino Review: ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’ Pics From Abu Dhabi Set Appear Online!
- Screen Crush: 'Star Wars: Episode 7′ Set Photos: AT-ATs on Tatooine!
- Bleeding Cool: First Images From The Abu Dhabi Set Of Star Wars: Episode VII
- AintItCool: Set photos from the set of STAR WARS EPISODE VII in Abu Dhabi?! What exactly is that big round disc?
- Comic Book Movie: RUMOUR: First (Low-Res) Set Photo From STAR WARS 7?
- SlashFilm: Page 2: Indiana Jones, Fifth Element, Matrix, Frozen, Star Wars, Muppets, Jurassic Park
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes takes place ten years after Rise of the Planet of the Apes which suggests the former’s stars won’t appear in the sequel. However, when Peter visited the set of the film, filmmakers said there would be some closure for characters played by James Franco and Freida Pinto. It turns out, Franco does have a cameo. The twist is, Franco didn’t know about it. When asked about the cameo, the actor said he wasn’t aware he appeared in the film, and that the filmmakers didn’t ask his permission.
- The Wrap: James Franco Didn't Know He Has a Cameo in ‘Dawn of the Planet of the Apes’
- Variety: WATCH: Liam Neeson, James Franco, Mila Kunis Lead Intertwining Lives in ‘Third Person’ Trailer
- Thompson on Hollywood: Hollywood Stars Michelle Williams, James Franco and Zach Braff Walk the Broadway Boards (VIDEOS)
- Variety: Broadway Review: ‘Of Mice and Men’ Starring James Franco, Chris O’Dowd
- Vulture: Theater Review: The James Franco Project Continues, With Of Mice and Men
- Variety: James Franco Opens ‘Of Mice and Men’ on Broadway: ‘They Are On Our Asses About Everything!’
- The Wrap: James Franco Is a Dad, Mila Kunis Is Crazy and Liam Neeson Is Unfaithful in ‘Third Person’ Trailer (Video)
Aw jeez. FX's quirky, bone-chilling crime series Fargo premiered last night to impressive-for-FX numbers, with 2.65 million total viewers and 1.02 million among adults 18-49. Plus, from its three airings throughout the night, Fargo scored 4.15 million in total viewers with 1.79 million adults 18-49. Fargo: Series Premiere Review “We are incredibly proud of the towering creative achievement by Noah Hawley and everyone involved with Fargo,” said John Landgraf, CEO of FX Networks and FX Productions. “The performances by Billy Bob Thornton, Martin Freeman, Allison Tolman, Colin Hanks, and the ent
- Variety: ‘Fargo’ Opens to Modest Ratings Tuesday for FX
- Vulture: Ratings: Fargo Gets Decent Sampling for FX
- IndieWire: Sure, 'Fargo' is Off to a Solid Start. But How Do the Ratings Compare to the Film's Box Office?
- New York Daily News: FX’s ‘Fargo’ premiere debuts with 4.15M total viewers
- Deadline: FX’s ‘Fargo’ Debuts With 2.65M Total Viewers
- Film School Rejects: The ‘Fargo’ TV Series Positions the Coen Brothers As Modern Day Shakespeares in Love With Themselves
It would appear Chloë Grace Moretz can do more than just be the “bad ass chick” in the movie, or the telepathic psycho, or the vampire. Her new film, If I Stay, is a straight up romantic drama. It now has a trailer, and there are some major forces that want you to see this movie. The film is produced by Warner Bros, MGM, and New Line. Official Plot Description: Mia Hall thought the hardest decision she would ever face would be whether to pursue her musical dreams at Juilliard or follow a different path to be with the love of her life, Adam.
- AintItCool: Trailer for IF I STAY, Starring Chloe Grace Moretz!
- SlashFilm: ‘If I Stay’ Trailer: Chloë Grace Moretz Will Make You Cry
- Film School Rejects: ‘If I Stay’ Trailer Introduces Chloe Grace Moretz’s Talent to Tragedy
- HitFix: Chloe Moretz leaves her body behind in 'If I Stay' trailer
- Movies With Butter: 'If I Stay' Trailer Breaks Your YA-Lovin' Heart
- Empire Magazine: If I Stay Trailer Online
A (very) brief new featurette wants to reassure you that -- although there's more comedy and space-set action this time around -- "Guardians of the Galaxy" is still part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. And famous people like Vin Diesel and Bradley Cooper are in it. Or at least their voices are. http://www.hitfix.com
- We Got This Covered: New Featurette Promises That Guardians Of The Galaxy Is Like Nothing You’ve Seen Before
- Hollywood Reporter: 'Guardians of the Galaxy': 'Not A Typical Super Hero Movie' (Video)
- SlashFilm: ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ Featurette: Marvel Goes to Space
- FirstShowing.net: Watch: New Footage in a Quick 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Featurette
- IGN Movies: New Behind the Scenes Footage for Guardians
Denzel Washington walks the lineSo far, all that the world at large has seen of the new film version of classic ‘80s show The Equalizer is a couple of pictures featuring Denzel Washington looking grumpy in character as Robert McCall. We got a look at a scene last month at CinemaCon, and the poster is now online, which makes us think the trailer can’t be far behind.
- AintItCool: Denzel Washington Walks In The Middle Of The Street In THE EQUALIZER Teaser Poster!
- Cinema Blend: The Equalizer Poster Puts Denzel Washington In The Shadows
- Coming Soon: Denzel Washington Walks the Line on The Equalizer Poster
- FirstShowing.net: Denzel Washington Hits the Road on First Poster for 'The Equalizer'
- MovieWeb: Denzel Washington Walks Towards Justice in 'The Equalizer' Poster
- New York Daily News: ‘Transcendence,’ with Johnny Depp, reviewed
- Moviefone: Move Over Johnny Depp, Here Are 11 Movie Stars Who Already Own the Internet
- Thompson on Hollywood: Talking Tech and 'Transcendence' with Johnny Depp and Wally Pfister (VIDEO)
- Cinema Blend: Transcendence's Johnny Depp Shares A Weird Story About Chinese Quadruplets And 3 Other Gems
- The Wrap: Can Johnny Depp Shake Box-Office Slump With ‘Transcendence'?
In his interview with Rotten Tomatoes' Grae Drake for Million Dollar Arm, Jon Hamm gives away a possible ending for Mad Men.
- Vulture: Jon Hamm on Those Rumors About Mad Men’s Megan
- Vulture: The Best of This Week’s Mad Men Season 7 Premiere Recaps
- Badass Digest: The Annotated MAD MEN: LOST HORIZON And The Myth Of Shangri-La
- The Playlist: The 10 Best Episodes Of 'Mad Men'
Transcendence is an ambitious film; both visually and thematically. It seeks to address one of the fundamental issues of our time – the potential cost of explosive technological advances – with a quintessentially human story as the backdrop. Mistakes are made by those fighting both for and against the tide of change in this tale.
- Thompson on Hollywood: 'Transcendence' Review Roundup: Mind-Blowing, or Just Brain-Dead?
- IndieWire: Wally Pfister Turns to Directing With 'Transcendence.' Here Are 15 Other Cinematographers Turned Directors.
- Denver Post: Review: 'Transcendence' like a clunky TED talk
- We Got This Covered: Press Conference Interview With The Cast, Writer And Director Of Transcendence
Production is underway now on Guillermo Del Toro’s ghost story, Crimson Peak. This one is most definitely going to be worth your anticipation. Mia Wasikowska stars as Edith Cushing, a young woman who has seen ghosts since she was a child. Tom Hiddleston is Sir Thomas Sharpe and Charlie Hunnam is Dr. Alan Michael.
- Screen Crush: 'Crimson Peak' Set Photos: First Look at Guillermo del Toro's Horror Story
- JoBlo: New teasers for upcoming premieres of FX series The Strain and Louie
- The Playlist: Watch: 30 Minute Talk With Director Richard Ayoade About Making 'The Double,' Working Avi Korine & More
- Comic Book Movie: Eye Catching New Promo For FX's THE STRAIN
Warner Bros. has hired former White House Press Secretary Dee Dee Myers as its new Executive Vice President of Corporate Communications and Public Affairs. She replaces Sue Fleishman, who will leave the company after serving in that position for nine years. Myers, who worked for President Bill Clinton during his first term, will oversee all external communications and strategy for the studio, reporting to Warner Bros. CEO Kevin Tsujihara. She will manage relations with the media, between her own executives, philanthropy and other corporate responsibilities. She begins Sept.
Following the international trailer that debuted yesterday, Sony Pictures Classics has released the domestic trailer, poster and photos for Third Person. Paul Haggis (Crash) writes and directs this drama which follows three separate couples in New York, Paris and Rome and shows how they are all connected in ways they do not realize yet.
- Cinema Blend: Liam Neeson Loses His Heart And Mind In The Third Person Trailer
- Thompson on Hollywood: WATCH: Stars Collide in First Trailer for Paul Haggis's 'Third Person'
- FirstShowing.net: First Poster for Paul Haggis' Drama 'Third Person' Blows in the Wind
Tribeca Film Festival Hey, look, it’s film festival time again! (It’s always film festival time, much like it’s always awards season time.) This time around, the films are unfurling at New York City’s own Tribeca Film Festival, and two of our very own NYC-based scribblers are on the ground to cover the best of what the festival has to offer.
The very second people fell in love with Gareth Evans‘ 2011 Indonesian martial arts film, The Raid, two things became inevitable: a sequel and a remake. That’s just the way the business works. While The Raid 2 is now in theaters (and even better than the original), The Raid remake is still a bit of a mystery. What we do know is Patrick Hughes, the director of this year’s forthcoming Expendables 3, is at the helm and in a new interview he revealed a bunch of new details. Among them is the fact the remake will follow a special DEA task force.
While Sony are said to be hoping for an eventual $1 billion haul for The Amazing Spider-Man 2, the comic book movie which is currently dominating theatres across the world is Captain America: The Winter Soldier. The sequel has today passed the $500 million mark at the worldwide box office with a grand total of $502.2 million. With over $167 million in North America and $335.2 million internationally, it's having no trouble beating 2011's Captain America: The First Avenger. That was far from a flop, but only a moderate success for Marvel Studios.
A Tupac Shakur biopic has been in the works for a long, long time — so long, in fact, that it was starting to look like the film would never actually happen. But now it’s finally coming together for real, with a distributor and everything. Open Road Films has just picked up the U.S. rights to Tupac. John Singleton is set to direct. What’s still missing is a star who can capture the late rapper’s indelible spirit. More details on the film after the jump. Deadline got the news.
R&B singer John Legend is joining forces with Step Up All In writer John Swetnam for a found footage dance movie entitled Breaking Through.John Swetnam is writing the script and he will make his directorial debut with this project, described as a, "documentary-style dance drama for the YouTube generation." Casting is scheduled to start in the near future, with the filmmaker trying to discover new talent like the Step Up franchise has done in the past.John Legend's Get Lifted Films is backing the film, with his Get Lifted partner Mike Jackson producing alongside BB Films' Uri Singer,
If you know anything about Harvey Comics then you know Casper the Friendly Ghost and Wendy the Good Little Witch. Most of us know Casper, but if youre like me then these comics were enjoyed before you were ever brought into this world. One I didnt know much about was Hot Stuff The Little Devil. He was a creation of Warren Kremer debuting in 1957 in Hot Stuff #1. My knowledge of this cute little devil guy was... Read More...
To stop multiversal armageddon the Illuminati, a secret cabal of the Marvel Universe’s greatest minds, had to do the unthinkable. To save a universe, Iron Man, Dr. Strange, Mr. Fantastic, the Black Panther, Namor, The Beast and Black Bolt were forced to assemble the most terrifying weapon in the known universe – the INFINITY GAUNTLET! To protect their secret, they tampered with the memories of Captain America – erasing his knowledge of their terrible acts. But no secret stays buried forever.
According to the Facebook page for Sin City: A Dame to Kill For (as pointed out by Collider) the following are storyboard images from the film. According to my eyes, they’re more likely to be comic book panels. Do any of you recognise them as exactly images from the original pages? I think it might be a bit of a joke. They’re saying that the comics were their storyboards, like. Hmm. Anyway, I’ll be fascinated to see what this stuff looks like in live action 3D. Roll on August. So-Called Storyboard Images From Sin City: A Dame To Kill For
Bloomberg got a chance to sit down with Jerry Bruckheimer and asked him about three projects the producer has in development - another Beverly Hills Cop sequel, the Top Gun sequel, and the fifth "Pirates" film, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales .
Allegations that “X-Men” director Bryan Singer sexually abused an underaged boy are “completely without merit,” his attorney Martin Singer told TheWrap on Wednesday. Singer said he learned of the lawsuit through a Wrap news alert, and had not otherwise been advised of the action against his client. Also read:‘X-Men’ Director Bryan Singer Accused of Sexually Assaulting Underage Boy “We are very confident that Bryan will be vindicated in this absurd and defamatory lawsuit,” he said.
- Variety: ‘X-Men’ Director Bryan Singer Accused of Sexually Abusing Teenage Boy
- Hollywood Reporter: Director Bryan Singer Accused of Sexually Abusing 17-Year-Old Boy in 1999
- The Wrap: ‘X-Men’ Director Bryan Singer Accused of Sexually Assaulting Underage Boy
- Comic Book Movie: UPDATE: X-MEN Director Bryan Singer Accused Of Sexually Abusing Teenage Boy
HBO can cross Fox News off their invitation list for the “Entourage” premiere. The panelists of Fox News's “Red Eye With Greg Gutfeld” responded to the news of the “Entourage” movie wrapping filming by ripping on the stupidity of the show. “The idea of an ‘Entourage’ movie — can we get anymore evil?” Gutfeld riffed. “I feel like every actor would think that is the dream show,” actress Joanne Nosuchinsky argued.
So far rising star Jaden Smith, son of box office superstar Will Smith, has only taken on big studio films like After Earth and the remake of The Karate Kid (with a sequel still on the way). Now Deadline reports he's going to really test his acting chops with a lower profile, powerful period drama called The Good Lord Bird, based on the book of the same name by James McBride.
- Cinema Blend: Jaden Smith And Liev Schreiber To Headline Slavery Drama The Good Lord Bird
- New York Daily News: Jaden Smith, Liev Schreiber cast in 'The Good Lord Bird'
Universal Pictures Rising starlet (or, in this case, “starlette” might be more appropriate – like a little tiny star, just beginning to shine) Chloe Grace Moretz hasn’t always made the most traditional of choices in her film career, though that’s not to say they’ve been bad choices.
- Dread Central: Chloe Grace Moretz Will Beat Off The 5th Wave
- Moviefone: Chloe Grace Moretz Officially Joins 'The 5th Wave'
"Nature, red in tooth and claw." - Alfred, Lord Tennyson "It's like a freakin' Country Bear Jambaroo around here!" - Homer J. Simpson Disneynature, the French production arm that's probably something of a tax write-off for the gigundo Walt Disney Corporation, is back with another top-shelf family-friendly naturalist film. 'Bears' is their fifth Earth Day-timed title released to theaters (two others went straight to DVD) and it yet again affords us 80 minutes of sitting in a theater muttering "how the hell did they get that shot?" Continue reading…
SPOILERS AHEAD. Ding dong, the witch king is dead. Last Sunday's episode of "Game Of Thrones" (recap here) turned everything on its head by killing off Joffrey, one of the most shocking moments the show has seen since, well, The Red Wedding. It was so surprising in fact, that HBO waited until mid-week to drop their usual array of behind-the-scenes material for the episode. They don't disappoint. The one you'll want to start with is the 10-minute "Inside The Episode,"whose title should be self-explanatory. After that, the "Anatomy Of The Scene" goes behind-the-scenes of the wedding itself.
Seth Rogen went balls out for a disgusting selfie earlier this month, and now he's getting an Aaron Rodgers ball to the face in a new ESPN promo for “Neighbors.” The actor confuses the Green Bay Packers quarterback for “the State Farm guy” in the new ad, one that “Neighbors” co-star Zac Efron is totally embarrassed to appear in because he plays a frat guy in the Universal comedy — and frat guys know sports. See video: Zac Efron ‘Looks Like Something a Gay Guy Designed’ in New ‘Neighbors’ Trailer Since Super Bowl champ Rodger
Witness Scorsese break out every Scorsese-ism in the book. Clearly 'Honest Trailers' was on Team Leo when it came to Oscar season.http://www.hitfix.com
There are few movies this year where you'll see a man get the stars and stripes of the American flag tattooed on the head of his penis. But then again, there are few documentaries like "The Final Member," a warm look at a quirky subject that gets to the human story behind it. Meet Sigurdur Hjartarson, the founder and curator of the Icelandic Phallogical Museum, the only museum in the world dedicated to the penis.
Godzilla is just one month away, and as we gear up for this anticipated release, movie merchandise is starting to hit the shelves in toy stores across America and other parts of the world. With this giant outpouring of plastic comes our first look at the winged Muto monster, which Godzilla will fight in the streets as humanity stares on in horror and awe. This is just one of the many Kaiju that the iconic lizard will battle in the movie, with the rest of the beasts being saved for the release date.
A drama set in classic HollywoodMegan Ellison’s Annapurna Pictures has earned a reputation for helping fund films other companies weren’t willing to take a risk on, like Spike Jonze’s Her, Paul Thomas Anderson’s The Master and Kathryn Bigelow’s Zero Dark Thirty.
The post Party Report in Pictures: Jay Z Gets Political, Robert De Niro Opens Tribeca Film Fest (Photos) appeared first on TheWrap. Related stories from TheWrap:Vice President Joe Biden Joins Instagram in the Most Boss Way Possible'Game of Thrones' Kills the Right Guy, for a Change
Following a behind-the-scenes image from earlier today, New Line Cinema and Village Roadshow Pictures have officially announced that principal photography begins Tuesday, April 22, on location in Australia for San Andreas , starring Dwayne Johnson. The action thriller reunites Johnson with director Brad Peyton and producer Beau Flynn, following their collaboration on the global hit Journey 2: The Mysterious Island .
A few days ago, Kevin Feige sat down with IGN Movies for a lengthy interview about the future of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Near the end of the interview, Feige was asked about the rights for Kingpin, who most fans want to appear in the upcoming Daredevil Netflix show.
"A horror icon is reborn." That might be a little too liberal use of the word "icon." Yes, there's been plenty of Leprechaun films in the past, but they've all been B-movie level horror movies (some even worse), many never even hitting the big screen and going straight-to-DVD. But the tiny little bastard is making a comeback with Leprechaun: Origins, and now Lionsgate and WWE Films have released the golden teaser poster for the horror reboot starring wrestler Dylan "Hornswoggle" Postl in the role originated by Warwick Davis.
- Badass Digest: WWE’s LEPRECHAUN: ORIGINS Gets A Teaser Poster
MarVista Entertainment is on a shopping spree. TheWrap has learned that the production and distribution company has partnered with Canada's EVOS Media to develop V.C.
The season two finale of Bates Motel is quickly approaching. Norman and Norma's unconventional mother-son relationship continues, but Norma's pull on her son is slowly loosening and she can't protect him much longer from himself. Check out the trailer for a preview of the final three episodes of the season.
- Comic Book Movie: BATES MOTEL "Meltdown" HD Video Teaser
'We take Puss to a completely different land...'While its attempts to set up new franchises, with the likes of Turbo and Mr. Peabody & Sherman haven’t all worked out, DreamWorks Animation hasn’t been all that quick to push out another entry in the Shrek spin-off Puss In Boots series. Despite the 2011 film’s success at the box office, little has been heard of any sequel, but Collider spoke to Antonio Banderas, who revealed that the wheels are well in motion.“We started the new one four days ago.
- We Got This Covered: Work On Puss In Boots 2 Is Already Underway, Says Antonio Banderas
Josh Fortune Why Watch? As a potential upside, we could be uploading our consciousness into a computer to dominate our reality like Johnny Depp (or Ray Kurzweil). As a potential downside, we could be robo-slaves kept pliant by our addiction to an alternative version of reality.
Are you a huge fan of Captain America: The Winter Soldier? Can’t wait to see Amazing Spider-Man 2 on the big screen? Do you have a large empty space in your house and money burning a hole in your wallet? I might be able to help you out. Section 9 has two life sized statues for sale here. The first based on Cap’s costume in the latest film while the other is Spidey from the movie opening on May 4th.
- New York Daily News: Hayden Panettiere not asked to be in 'Heroes' reboot
Zac Efron's importance can't be underestimated or underlicked. http://www.hitfix.com
Toni Collette is captured on a Polaroid image in the first one-sheet for Lucky Them, following the trailer that debuted earlier this month. The actress stars as music journalist Ellie Klug, who teams up with a first-time documentary filmmaker (Thomas Haden Church) to find out what happened to Matthew Smith, a rock legend and Ellie's ex-boyfriend who went missing 10 years ago.
- Coming Soon: IFC Films' Lucky Them Debuts a Poster
- FirstShowing.net: Vote to Make This Awesome 'Ghostbusters' Stay Puft LEGO Set Real!
- Comic Book Movie: New Stills For ARROW Season 2 Episode 20: "Seeing Red"