Top Movie News for August 29, 2016
Gene Wilder’s final theatrical movie role came in 1991, but the end of his career on the big screen coincided with the start of another project he was passionate about: promoting cancer awareness. No where was his passion for fighting cancer more apparent than in his 1991 guest column for People Magazine, in which he spoke openly and honestly about the death of his third wife, “Saturday Night Live” star Gilda Radner, from ovarian cancer in 1989. In the column, which you can read here, Wilder goes into detail about the pain and suffering Radner went through before and after sh
- Variety: Celebrities React to Gene Wilder’s Death
- Deadline: Gene Wilder: Hollywood Reacts To Legendary Comic Actor’s Death
- Vulture: Celebrities React to the Death of Gene Wilder
- HitFix: Veruca Salt reacts to the death of Gene Wilder
- Variety: Gene Wilder, ‘Willy Wonka’ Star and Comedic Icon, Dies at 83
- Deadline: Gene Wilder Dies: ‘Willy Wonka’, ‘Young Frankenstein’ & ‘Blazing Saddles’ Star Was 83
- Dark Horizons: R.I.P. Gene Wilder
- IndieWire: Gene Wilder, Star of ‘Willy Wonka’ and ‘Young Frankenstein,’ Dies at 83
- Coming Soon: Gene Wilder Has Died at Age 83
- Cinema Blend: Beloved Actor Gene Wilder Is Dead At 83
- Badass Digest: Gene Wilder 1933-2016
- We Got This Covered: Willy Wonka Star And All-Round Comedy Great Gene Wilder Dead At 83
- Deadline: Mel Brooks On Gene Wilder: “One Of The Truly Great Talents Of Our Time”
- IGN Movies: Willy Wonka Star Gene Wilder Dies at 83
- USA Today: Comic icon Gene Wilder, star of 'Willy Wonka,' dies at 83
- USA Today: Photos: Gene Wilder, 1933-2016
- Cinema Blend: How Hollywood Honored Gene Wilder On Social Media
- Vulture: Gene Wilder, the Original Willy Wonka, Dead at 83
- Dread Central: Rest in Peace: Comedic Genius Gene Wilder
- Denver Post: Gene Wilder, star of “Willy Wonka” and Mel Brooks comedies, dies at 83, family says
- Hollywood Reporter: Gene Wilder Remembered: 5 of His Biggest Movie Roles
- Hollywood Reporter: Richard Pryor Adored "Good Man" Gene Wilder, His Daughter Says
- USA Today: Appreciation: Gene Wilder melded heart, humor in a multitude of roles
- Horror Society: Willy Wonka, Young Frankenstein Star Gene Wilder Has Passed Away.
- Variety: POLL: What’s Your Favorite Gene Wilder Movie?
- AintItCool: Rest in Peace Gene Wilder
- USA Today: Gene Wilder was a master of the on-screen freakout
- Vulture: Gene Wilder’s Genius Was in His Simmering Hysteria
- Hollywood Reporter: Gene Wilder Remembered: His Career in Pictures
- Variety: Gene Wilder: 12 Things You Didn’t Know About His Early Career
- Deadline: Gene Wilder: Remembering A Comedy Movie Icon – Photos
- Hollywood Reporter: Carol Kane Remembers Gene Wilder: "He Lived a Quiet Life"
- Deadline: Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The ‘Young Frankenstein’ Scene That Cracked Him Up: “We Had To Do It 14 Times”
- The Wrap: Gene Wilder, ‘Willy Wonka’ and ‘Blazing Saddles’ Star, Dies at 83
- Screen Crush: Gene Wilder, Legendary Actor and 'Willy Wonka' Star, Dead at 83
- SlashFilm: Gene Wilder Dead at 83
- The Wrap: Gene Wilder Remembered by Hollywood as ‘One of the Funniest Humans Ever’
- The Wrap: Mel Brooks Remembers Gene Wilder: ‘One of the Truly Great Talents of Our Time’
- MTV Movies Blog: Gene Wilder, Willy Wonka Star And Comedic Legend, Dead At 83
- The Wrap: Gene Wilder’s 7 Most Memorable Movies, From ‘Willy Wonka’ to ‘Young Frankenstein’ (Photos)
- Fandango Movie Blog: 'Willy Wonka' Star Gene Wilder Is Dead at 83
- ScreenRant: Gene Wilder Passes Away at 83
- Bleeding Cool: Gene Wilder Dead At 83
- JoBlo: Gene Wilder Passes Away at 83
- MovieWeb: Gene Wilder, Star of Willy Wonka, Passes Away at 83
- HitFix: Gene Wilder: Actor dead at 83, Hollywood reacts
- HitFix: Gene Wilder was so much more than his pitch-perfect work as Willy Wonka
- MovieWeb: Gene Wilder Remembered as Hollywood Mourns the Comedy Icon
- The Wrap: Remembering Gene Wilder’s Best Performance: The Delightful, Devilish Willy Wonka
- The Wrap: 11 Iconic Gene Wilder Scenes: ‘Blazing Saddles’ to ‘See No Evil Hear No Evil’ (Videos)
- FirstShowing.net: Legendary Actor / Comedian Gene Wilder Has Passed Away at Age 83
- The Wrap: Why Gene Wilder Doesn’t Have a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame
As any DC Comics fan will tell you, one of the greatest strengths of the “Batman” series is the deep and compelling rogues gallery against which the Dark Knight defends Gotham. Now, for Batman’s first solo entry in the DC Cinematic Universe, we will see Bruce Wayne take on Deathstroke, a hired gun who didn’t start out as Batman’s nemesis, but has become one of DC’s most popular villains. Deathstroke was introduced to the DC universe in 1980 as Slade Wilson, a born fighter who lied about his age to join the Army at age 16.
- Badass Digest: Confirmed: Deathstroke Is The Main Villain In Ben Affleck’s BATMAN Movie
- Dark Horizons: Deathstroke Is The Villain To Affleck’s “Batman”
- We Got This Covered: Deathstroke Reported To Be Main Villain In Ben Affleck’s Solo Batman Movie
- The Wrap: Ben Affleck Gives Fans First Look at ‘The Batman’ Villain Deathstroke (Video)
- The Wrap: Deathstroke Will Be Main Villain in Ben Affleck’s Batman Movie (Exclusive)
- Comic Book Movie: Deathstroke Will Reportedly Be The Main Villain In Ben Affleck's Solo BATMAN Movie
- ScreenRant: Deathstroke is Main Villain of Ben Affleck’s Batman Solo Movie
- MovieWeb: Deathstroke Is the Main Villain in Ben Affleck's Batman Movie
- Vulture: Batman’s Next Movie Villain Revealed
- Cinema Blend: Who Batman Likely Will Fight As The Main Villain Of His Solo DC Movie
- Cinema Blend: 8 Things You Should Know About Deathstroke Before The Batman Solo Movie
- Twitch: Affleck Tweet Teases New BATMAN Villain
- Hollywood Reporter: Deathstroke's Comic Book Journey from 'Teen Titans' to 'Batman' Bad Guy
Deadpool writers Paul Wernick and Rhett Reese will meet with Woody Harrelson as they plan out Zombieland 2.
- ScreenRant: Deadpool Writers Currently Working on Zombieland 2
- JoBlo: Deadpool 2 writers are also working on the Zombieland sequel
- IGN Movies: Original Zombieland Writers Offer Update on Sequel
- Cinema Blend: The Cool Thing Ryan Reynolds Did For The Deadpool Writers During Shooting
- Cinema Blend: How Far Along Zombieland 2 Is, According To The Writers
- ScreenRant: Ryan Reynolds Paid To Have Deadpool Writers On Set
- SlashFilm: Ryan Reynolds Paid to Have ‘Deadpool’ Writers on Set When Fox Wouldn’t
- Dread Central: Find Out Which Star Was Originally Supposed to Cameo in Zombieland!
- MovieWeb: Zombieland Was Supposed to Have Patrick Swayze Instead of Bill Murray
- Latino Review: Paul Wernick And Rhett Reese Confirm Their Involvement on ZOMBIELAND 2
- Latino Review: Ryan Reynolds Personally Paid For DEADPOOL Screenwriters To Be On Set
- Screen Crush: 'Zombieland 2' Is Happening. It Is. Definitely.
TNT has ordered a pilot for a television series based on Let The Right One In. Based on the best-selling novel by Swedish author John Ajvide Lindqvist which spawned an acclaimed Swedish film adaptation directed by Tomas Alfredson and an American film adaptation titled Let Me In by filmmaker Matt Reeves (Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, Cloverfield).
- IndieWire: ‘Let the Right One In’ Pilot Ordered by TNT, In Case You Were Concerned About the Lack of Vampires on TV
- Coming Soon: Let the Right One In TV Series Ordered by TNT
- Dread Central: TNT Orders a Pilot for Let the Right One In TV Series
- Latino Review: LET THE RIGHT ONE IN To Get Pilot For TV Series On TNT
- Deadline: Vampire Drama ‘Let The Right One In’ Gets TNT Pilot Order, Tomorrow Studios EPs
- Variety: TNT Orders ‘Let the Right One In’ Vampire Pilot from ‘Teen Wolf’ Creator
- Vulture: TNT Orders Let the Right One In Pilot, Continuing the Vampire Trend
- Dark Horizons: TNT Plans “Let the Right One In” Series
- Horror-Movies.ca: ‘Let The Right One In’ Secures a Pilot Order with TNT
- We Got This Covered: Let The Right One In Lands Pilot Order At TNT
Want to see Rob Liefeld totally pumped about new Deadpool and Cable action figures? Who is the mysterious female character spotted on the set of Thor: Ragnarok? Which DC’s Legends of Tomorrow star has a desire to play Wolverine after Hugh Jackman is done? Want to see a super strange version of the Justice League sizzle reel? All that and more in this edition of Superhero Bits. Silas Lesnick over at ComingSoon got accepted into Xavier’s School for the Gifted.
- Comic Book Movie: JUSTICE LEAGUE Star Ben Affleck Shares Video Seemingly Offering Up A First Look At Big Screen Deathstroke
- Latino Review: UPDATE: Ben Affleck Reveals Deathstroke Video From The Set Of JUSTICE LEAGUE!!
- ScreenRant: Ben Affleck Reveals Deathstroke on Justice League Set
- MovieWeb: Deathstroke Revealed by Ben Affleck in Justice League Set Video
- ScreenRant: A Very Weird Version of the Justice League Trailer
- ScreenRant: Justice League Fan-Trailer: Unite the Seven
- Hollywood Reporter: John Oliver Mocks 'Deadpool' and 'Suicide Squad' While Pitching His Own Superhero Movie
- IGN Movies: Scarlet Witch Isn't Technically a 'Superhero' in Civil War
- Badass Digest: Finally! A Scorsese-Directed Superhero Movie!
- Bleeding Cool: John Oliver Pitches A Superhero Of His Own
- SlashFilm: LOL: John Oliver Pitches His Own Superhero Movie, ‘Johnny Strong’
Last week, we reported that there were three directors that were potentially up for the directing gig for the upcoming Marvel Studios film, Captain Marvel.
- Dark Horizons: Rebecca Thomas Joins “Captain Marvel” Director List
- Cinema Blend: Captain Marvel Looking At A Fourth Possible Director Candidate, Here's What We Know
- Latino Review: Comic Book News: CIVIL WAR II #5 Pits Iron Man vs. Captain Marvel in All Out Grudge Match!
- Comic Book Movie: Another Potential CAPTAIN MARVEL Director Surfaces
- ScreenRant: Captain Marvel Director Shortlist Gains Another Name
- Screen Crush: 'Captain Marvel' Director Shortlist Adds One More Name
- Cinema Blend: A Spooky Shadows Looms Over Spider-Man In New Video From Marvel’s Homecoming Set
- We Got This Covered: CONTEST: Win The Marvel Cinematic Universe Blu-Ray Collection
- Comic Book Movie: Why You Should Be Excited For The Future Of MARVEL
- JoBlo: The Marvel Minute - Hopkins back for Thor, GOTG vol.2 concept art, & more!
- SlashFilm: ‘Luke Cage’ Clip: Marvel’s New Hero Is Sick of Always Having to Buy New Clothes
The latest Star Wars: Episode VIII rumor claims that Luke Skywalker is going to be confronted with an ugly truth about his father.
- We Got This Covered: A Great Heist Is Afoot In Latest Batch Of Stills For Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- IGN Movies: Out This Week: World of Warcraft: Legion, Star Wars Rebels: Season 2
- IGN Movies: Daily Deals: Star Wars Battlefront, PS4 With $100 Credit, Civ Game for Less Than $1
- Cinema Blend: Jerry Seinfeld Has A Really Funny Idea For A Star Wars Character He Could Play
- HitFix: Natalie Portman won't let her son watch the prequels even though he's a big 'Star Wars' fan
- SlashFilm: Natalie Portman Won’t Show Her Kid the ‘Star Wars’ Prequels (But Not Because They’re Bad)
- We Got This Covered: The Walking Dead’s Michael Cudlitz Seemingly Drops A Big Spoiler
- Comic Book Movie: THE WALKING DEAD's Michael Cudlitz Seems To Have Dropped A Pretty Big Season 7 SPOILER
- Screen Crush: Dan Harmon Might've Leaked a 'Doctor Strange' Spoiler
From this weekend's "Don't Breathe" to the surprise-hit shark flick "The Shallows," this has been a terrific summer for horror movies at the box office. http://www.hitfix.com
- Deadline: Broadway’s Summer Slump Continues With 6.6% Box Office Drop; ‘Paramour’ Gets Therapy
- Deadline: Forget About Summer & Sequelitis: Will Fall’s Crowded Pipeline Cannibalize B.O.? – Box Office
- Cinema Blend: Don't Breathe's Big Twist: Does It Go Too Far?
- Variety: ‘Hamilton’ Still King as Broadway Box Office Plunges 6.6%
- Latino Review: DON'T BREATHE Tops The Box Office
- The Wrap: Specialty Box Office: Obama Love Story ‘Southside With You’ Starts Strong
- ScreenRant: Weekend Box Office Wrap-up: August 28, 2016
- Comic Book Movie: BOX OFFICE: SUICIDE SQUAD Proves It Has Legs, Should Finish With $700M+
- The Wrap: Can Nate Parker’s ‘The Birth of a Nation’ Still Deliver at Box Office Despite Rape Controversy?
Community‘s Alison Brie will return to live-action television by way of the Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Brie has signed on to star in Netflix‘s upcoming series G.L.O.W. from Weeds creator Jenji Kohan. Based on the mid-1980s women’s wrestling league (and syndicated television series), Brie will star as a struggling actress who finds herself joining the league and facing all its spandex, body slams and Aquanet-assisted hairdos. Having watched an appalling amount of television as a child, I have a few memories of G.L.O.W.
- We Got This Covered: Alison Brie Climbs Aboard Netflix’s New Wrestling Comedy Series G.L.O.W.
- IndieWire: Alison Brie Lands Starring Role in Jenji Kohan’s Netflix Wrestling Comedy ‘G.L.O.W.’
- SlashFilm: Alison Brie To Star In Netflix’s Pro Wrestling Series ‘G.L.O.W.’ From ‘Orange Is the New Black’ Creator
- Vulture: Alison Brie Will Star in Netflix’s ’80s Lady-Wrestling Series G.L.O.W.
- Dark Horizons: Alison Brie, Kristen Bell Set New TV Projects
- Coming Soon: Alison Brie to Star in Netflix’s G.L.O.W. Series
- Badass Digest: Alison Brie To Be A Female Wrestler In Netflix’s GLOW
I had my doubts when actor Tom Holland was first hired to take on the role of Peter Parker and Spider-Man. It wasn't that I doubted his ability to act, but I'd only seen him once before that, and in that role, I hadn't seen anything remotely Spider-Man-like. But I, along with many other folks, were happily proven wrong when we saw the actor give a spot-on interpretation of the character in Captain America: Civil War.
- ScreenRant: Spider-Man’s Tom Holland Challenges Thor’s Chris Hemsworth With Stunts
- We Got This Covered: Tom Holland Flaunts His Acrobatic Skills In Spider-Man: Homecoming Set Video
- Screen Crush: Tom Holland Shows Off His Parkour Skills Behind the Scenes of 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- MTV Movies Blog: Spider-Man’s Tom Holland Shows Off His Insane Gymnastic Skills
- HitFix: Holy crap! Tom Holland is literally Spider-Man
- IGN Movies: New Spider-Man: Homecoming Set Videos Revealed
- MovieWeb: Spider-Man: Homecoming Set Video Teases Big Action & an Ominous Villain
IGN has debuted a fun new featurette from The Making Of Captain America: Civil War offering a brief tease of the Team Cap portion of the 45-minute special that will be included on the upcoming Blu-ray, DVD, & Digital HD release of the Marvel blockbuster. It's only about a minute long, but we do get to see some funny moments with Team Cap stars Chris Evans, Elizabeth Olsen, Sebastian Stan, Jeremy Renner, Anthony Mackie, and Paul Rudd.
- Filmonic: Here’s What Thor Was Up To During Captain America: Civil War
- Fandango Movie Blog: Watch: Here's the Hilarious Reason Why Thor Wasn't in 'Captain America: Civil War'
- MovieWeb: What Winter Soldier May Look Like as Captain America in Infinity War
- We Got This Covered: CONTEST: Win Captain America: Blu-Ray Prize Pack
- Comic Book Movie: Fan-Art Finally Puts Sebastian Stan's Winter Soldier In The CAPTAIN AMERICA Costume
- JoBlo: Find out what Thor was doing during Civil War in this hilarious new short
- ScreenRant: What Sebastian Stan Could Look Like as Captain America
- ScreenRant: Civil War Directors in Talks For Major Deal in China
The Transformers franchise has not been shy on exploring the history of the Autobots and Decepticons and their connections to Earth. They have so far been tied to the Hoover Dam, the pyramids, and dinosaurs, but they are looking to explore history even further in Transformers: The Last Knight.
- We Got This Covered: Transformers: The Last Knight Adds Liam Garrigan As King Arthur
- Comic Book Movie: ONCE UPON A TIME's Liam Garrigan Will Play King Arthur In TRANSFORMERS: THE LAST KNIGHT
- JoBlo: Liam Garrigan joins Transformers: The Last Knight as King Arthur
- Coming Soon: Transformers: The Last Knight Adds Liam Garrigan
- Dark Horizons: Garrigan Is King Arthur In Fifth “Transformers”
- Cinema Blend: Transformers 5 Is Introducing King Arthur, Find Out Who May Play Him
- MovieWeb: Transformers 5 Gets Once Upon a Time Star as King Arthur
Production has been shut down on Maze Runner: Death Cure since March, after star Dylan O'Brien suffered a horrific on-set injury.
- Dark Horizons: Final “Maze Runner” Resumes Filming In February
- Deadline: ‘The Maze Runner: The Death Cure’ Will Restart Production In February
- Coming Soon: The Maze Runner: The Death Cure to Resume Production in February
- Screen Crush: 'The Maze Runner: The Death Cure' to Start Production Again in February 2017
- JoBlo: Production on Maze Runner: The Death Cure to resume in February
- IGN Movies: The Maze Runner to Resume Production Early 2017
Actor-director-writer-producer-author Bruce Campbell has had a weird and wonderful career. Fans know him best as Ash Williams in Sam Raimi's The Evil Dead franchise, a wisecracking, Deadite-killing character he's revisiting on the new Starz show Ash vs. Evil Dead. Campbell has also starred in cult films like Bubba Ho-Tep and Maniac Cop, made memorable cameos in films like Raimi's Spider-Man trilogy, authored the best-selling book If Chins Could Kill: Confessions of a B Movie...Read MoreRead Comments
- Coming Soon: Explore Ash vs Evil Dead Season Two with a New Featurette
- Dread Central: Official Ash vs. Evil Dead Season 2 Artwork – GLORY, GORY, HALLELUJAH!
- Latino Review: Evil Has A Funny Way Of Finding ASH In This Sneak Peek Of ASH VS EVIL DEAD Season 2
- JoBlo: STARZ releases new video for Ash vs. Evil Dead Season 2
- SlashFilm: ‘Ash vs. Evil Dead’ Season 2 Featurette & Key Art Teases Ash’s Return to Elk Grove
- Bleeding Cool: It’s Time For War In Ash Vs. Evil Dead Season Two First Look Video
HBO has released a new “mature” trailer for the upcoming Westworld series. In it, an android named Dolores (Evan Rachel Wood) awakens to find herself far from home and questioned by two of her creators. The conversation may have far reaching implications as she learns that she was designed to fulfill the desires of guests to Westworld. Westworld debuts on October 2nd. There Are No Friends In New Westworld Trailer
- Dread Central: New Westworld Trailer Is Very Mature
- Comic Book Movie: Live Without Limits And Check Out This Intense New Trailer For HBO's WESTWORLD
- Latino Review: New WESTWORLD Trailer Released
- SlashFilm: ‘Westworld’ Trailer: There May Be Something Wrong With This World
- JoBlo: The latest trailer for HBO's Westworld is here to set you free
The CW has released a new poster image for the second season of Supergirl. And a slight change to the title treatment as well, with the “P” and “Rs” receiving an additional stylization. While a number of large alterations came with the program switching networks and moving production to Vancouver, I wonder how many more subtle changes we’ll see when the show’s second season debuts on October 10th. The CW Previews Supergirl’s Second Season With New Poster
- Deadline: ‘Supergirl’, ‘Frequency’, ‘No Tomorrow’ Key Art Unveiled By The CW
- Coming Soon: Supergirl Season 2 Poster Welcomes the Hero to The CW
- Variety: Lifetime Names CW Vet Joanna Klein Head of Scripted Development (EXCLUSIVE)
- Comic Book Movie: Melissa Benoist Stands Tall As The Girl Of Steel On This First SUPERGIRL Season 2 Poster
- Latino Review: New SUPERGIRL Season 2 Poster Is Revealed!
DC Films reportedly wants make TV shows for premium cable as a more solid movie slate is ironed out.
- We Got This Covered: Before-And-After VFX Shots For Suicide Squad Take You Behind The Scenes
- Dark Horizons: “Suicide Squad” Shows Legs & New VFX Photos
- ScreenRant: Suicide Squad Projected to Cross $700 Million By End of Run
- Latino Review: SUICIDE SQUAD Projected To Exit Theaters With A Worldwide Gross Of Around $700 Million
- ScreenRant: Suicide Squad Behind-the-Scenes VFX Images Released
"Kiss my cheeks, cherry lips." FilmRise has released a second trailer for the wacky horror film The Greasy Strangler, which premiered at Sundance this year to quite a bit of acclaim. The first teaser trailer for this was pretty messed up, focusing more on the gore and gross side of this film. This new trailer is packed full of sex and nudity, the kind you don't want to see, but that's what this film is all about. The surreal horror stars Michael St. Michaels as Big Ronnie, along with Sky Elobar as Big Brayden, plus Elizabeth De Razzo and Gil Gex.
- JoBlo: New Greasy Strangler trailer is very f*cking weird and very f*cking NSFW
- AintItCool: AICN HORROR looks at the absolutely WTF-able THE GREASY STRANGLER! ENCLOSURE! FEED THE DEVIL! CLOWN
- Badass Digest: There Is A Lot Of Gross Sex In This New Red Band THE GREASY STRANGLER Trailer
- Dread Central: The Greasy Strangler Chokes Out a New Trailer
- MovieWeb: Greasy Strangler Red Band Trailer Wallows in Filth & Depravity
The Academy revealed the 17 winners of its 43rd Student Academy Awards Tuesday, and unlike last year, when California schools accounted for eight of the 11 U.S.
- Deadline: Student Academy Award Winners Unveiled
- Variety: Student Academy Award Winners Announced
- IndieWire: 2016 Student Academy Award Winners Named: ‘Cloud Kumo,’ ‘Where the Woods End’ and More
- Deadline: Emmys: TV Academy Draws Up Juried Winners For Animation
- IndieWire: Television Academy Announces Juried Winners For 68th Emmy Awards In Animation Category
Another television obsession meets a disappointing end.Continue reading on Film School Rejects »
Well, this certainly comes as a bit of a Monday morning surprise, Ben Affleck shared live-action footage via Twitter of what appears to be DC Comics villain Deathstroke. Whether this is a confirmation that the villain is due to make an appearance in Zack Snyder's upcoming JUSTICE LEAGUE or Affleck's own standalone BATMAN film isn't certain, but it's definitely a... Read More...
A few of DC Comics' Rogues are rumored to be the villains in The Flash movie starring Ezra Miller.
- Comic Book Movie: Are Captain Cold And Golden Glider THE FLASH Villains?
- Fandango Movie Blog: News Briefs: See New 'Rogue One' Photos, Plus: Rumored Villains for 'The Flash' Movie
- Comic Book Movie: Another Speedster Who Will Appear In Season 3 Of THE FLASH Has Been Revealed
- Bleeding Cool: The Flash Cast Join Together To Make The Letter Carrier
A new poster arrives for the 3D conversion of James Cameron's sci-fi action classic Terminator 2: Judgment Day.
- SlashFilm: ‘Terminator 2: Judgment Day’ 3D Release is Coming to Theaters Next Year
- Dark Horizons: Terminator 2: Judgement Day” To Get A 3D Re-Release
- AintItCool: Behold the T2 in 3D Poster! Yes, a theatrical release of TERMINATOR 2 in 3D is coming!!!
- Hollywood Reporter: The T-800 Is Back in Poster for 'Terminator 2' 3D Rerelease
It's a good week for Disney fans, especially if they love the live-action remakes of animated classics trend. A few days ago, the hit new version of The Jungle Book became available on home video, and now we get another glimpse at the next effort, Beauty and the Beast. Two new images from the movie, which so far has been kept pretty tightly concealed, are circulating online. The pics come from a brief sneak peek found on the new 25th anniversary video release of the...Read MoreRead Comments
When it comes to talking about Star Trek: Discovery, showrunner Bryan Fuller has a unique habit of saying whole lot while revealing very little. Other producers, writers, and directors should take note: this is how you work people into an excited froth without spoiling your show. Today’s deluge of Discovery-related business is full of intriguing morsels, promising suggestions, and even a nugget or two of potential controversy for a certain corner of Trek fandom.
He’ll be the next solo Batman movie villain, but is that all?Continue reading on Film School Rejects »
The John Steinbeck adaptation debuts at the Venice Film FestivalContinue reading on Film School Rejects »
- Deadline: Focus Features’ ‘A Monster Calls’ Dials Up Christmas Weekend Release
- Coming Soon: A Monster Calls Heads to Award Season
- Dread Central: A Monster Calls Now Set for Christmas Weekend Release
The AVATAR sequels are on the way, and there’s very little out there that anyone can use to make heads or tails regarding what they’ll exactly be about. The only thing we know is that there will be several films and that together they will make up one huge, epic story. Sadly, that is about the extent of the knowledge out there. Luckily, actor Stephen Lang (who will reprise his role as Col. Miles... Read More...
Universal Pictures has released the new trailer for Kevin Hart: What Now?, the follow-up film to Hart's 2013 stand-up concert Let Me Explain, which grossed $32 million domestically and became the third-highest live stand-up comedy movie of all time. Hart takes center stage in this groundbreaking, record-setting, sold-out performance of What Now?—filmed outdoors in front of 50,000 people at Philadelphia’s Lincoln Financial Field—marking the first time a comedian has ever performed to an at-capacity football stadium.Kevin Hart: What Now? will be released in
- Dark Horizons: Red-Band Trailer: “Kevin Hart: What Now?”
- We Got This Covered: Kevin Hart: What Now? Trailer Is A Genre Mash-Up Unlike Any Other
Earlier this Summer it was revealed that Mondo would be teaming up with ACME Archives to produce licensed prints based on the Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises. Today I’m excited to tell you that Mondo has now struck a partnership with Cyclops Print Works, the company behind the amazing Disney prints from the past couple years. And we get to premiere the first collaboration exclusively: In honor of The Jungle Book‘s Blu-Ray release on August 30th, 2016, Cyclops and Mondo have teamed up to release a print by artist Daniel Danger.
- Badass Digest: Daniel Danger Crushed Mondo’s New JUNGLE BOOK Print
- Coming Soon: CS Interview: Neel Sethi Talks The Jungle Book Blu-ray
Any way you slice it, Kurt Russell appearing in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 is amazing news. He’s perfectly cast as the long-lost father of Star-Lord, and the fact that said long-lost dad is actually Ego the Living Planet goes beyond our wildest dreams. (Seriously: I don’t think any of us at /Film could’ve dreamed this up in a hundred years.) So who do we have to thank for this casting coup? Apparently, Star-Lord himself. According to James Gunn, casting Russell was all Chris Pratt‘s idea.
Ghosts and giants, and War Boys, oh my! The company that worked on visual effects for Game of Thrones, Ghostbusters, Mad Max: Fury Road and more have some impressive reels.http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/harpy
By Rob Bradfield Wait a minute – Alejandro thinks he is immune to the zombie virus?! Somebody has to get him to the CDC before the extinction event protocols kick in! Where are Abraham and Rosita when you really need them? Joking aside, a major plot development like this can go two ways: he is either bluffing, or he isn’t. Alejandro has a good reason to bluff. He is the leader of a sizeable survivor colony without the advantages of an imposing physique and/or weapons.
- Bleeding Cool: Hunters And Hunted On The Next Fear The Walking Dead
- Deadline: ‘The Mist’: ‘The Walking Dead’ Helmer David Boyd Boards Spike’s Steven King Adaptation
- SlashFilm: NBC Wanted ‘The Walking Dead’ to Be a Zombie Crime Procedural (or Maybe Even Drop the Zombies Altogether)
- Bleeding Cool: The Mist Gets A Director From The Walking Dead
Although PROMETHEUS didn't quite live up to my expectations, I was able to find more than enough to like to keep my spirits high for Ridley Scott's upcoming sequel. Production on ALIEN: COVENANT wrapped up last month and with a little under a year to go until it arrives in theaters, there's still plenty of time for me to let the hype in my head reach unattainable levels.... Read More...
There has been much discussion lately regarding the first few films in the DC Extended Universe. So far, Man of Steel, Batman V Superman, and Suicide Squad have all been relatively successful at the box office, but have received mixed reviews from critics and fans alike. With the amount of comic book adaptations only growing, DC/Warner Bros. is hoping that the next crop of films in the DCEU, including Wonder Woman and the highly anticipated, Justice League, will not only continue the trend of raking in cash at the box office but find more consistent critical praise as well. Warner Bros.
Sony Pictures’ Sausage Party is one of the biggest surprise hits of the summer, turning a tidy profit almost immediately an earning strong reviews for its unique combination of gross-out Pixar-parody and clever satire of religious and existential arguments. But one group not celebrating is the film’s animators, who allege mistreatment and dishonest practices by upstart Nitrogen Studios. Following several reports of animators being denied overtime, one of the entertainment industry’s most powerful unions has stepped up to offer aid to the aggrieved employees.
In the world of pop culture, there are some actors who are only ever best known for a single role they played in a movie or TV show. No matter how much other work they do, they’ll always be that character in the eyes of the audience.
A little over a week ago we showed you the cover of the new ROGUE ONE-themed issue of Empire—the one with all the heroes standing there looking all cool. Now, it’s only befitting we show you some of the pictures from inside the issue. Aren't we just the nicest? The images (via Making Star Wars) show off some interesting scenes, particularly one where Chirrut (Donnie Yen) appears to be... Read More...
- Badass Digest: Let’s Overanalyze This New Batch Of ROGUE ONE Photos
Harmony Korine‘s The Trap is on pause. Al Pacino, Benicio Del Toro, Idris Elba, Robert Pattinson, and James Franco were set to star in the film, which is about an insane-sounding feud between a musician (Elba) and his old, ex-convict buddy (Del Toro). The project was financed and ready to go, but after Korine had some personal problems with an actor who was initially attached to the project, a delay occurred.
This past summer was pretty disappointing in the sequel and remake department, even if the box office numbers weren’t as underwhelming as they may have seemed. This summer’s blockbusters just felt mostly underwhelming, but thankfully there are plenty of smaller independent films that are worth seeking out.
It looks like poor Jason Vorhees is having some serious mommy issues, and not exactly the kind you'd expect after seeing the movies. According to THR, there was a lawsuit filed last Wednesday that is bringing the rightful owners of the Friday the 13th franchise into question.One of the parties in question is Victor Miller. Miller was one of two writers who came up with the story for the first Friday the 13th film, and was credited as the sole screenwriter of the project.
The Russo brothers are in negotiations to sign a production deal with the China-based Huayi Brothers Media Corporation, an individual with knowledge told TheWrap. Like many other Chinese film companies, Huayi Brothers aims to create English language films that play internationally.
Back before he made fascinating films like Adaptation. and Her, Spike Jonze was best known for directing music videos for the likes of Bjork, the Beastie Boys and Fatboy Slim — the latter is of particular relevance here, as Jonze’s latest project is a wildly entertaining perfume ad evocative of his classic video for “Weapon of Choice.” You might even call it “Weapon of Choice 2.0.” Continue reading…
After news broke that Michael Rowe (Arrow) might be playing a live-action version of Ninjak from Valiant, I was contacted by a source close to the production with some details. They gave me a better idea of what is and isn’t going on. I’m told that this is for a webseries being produced by Valiant and directed by Bat in the Sun, the same Youtube channel that does Super Power Beat Down.
Chuck star Yvonne Strahovski will represent the Gilead establishment in Hulu’s upcoming adaptation of Margaret Atwood‘s The Handmaid’s Tale. Deadline reports Strahovski will play Serena Joy, the wife of Joseph Fiennes‘ Commander Fred Waterford.
Merlin’s beard! A new patent from Universal Parks & Resorts seems to indicate a very exciting, interactive Harry Potter ride could be on the way. Wands at the ready!!http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/harpy
If you’ve had trouble sleeping the past few days, there’s a solid chance someone took you to see Don’t Breathe (or, for the more faint-hearted among us, sent you the trailer). The tension-ridden horror smash just beat out Suicide Squad at the box office, and all that buzz has put Fede Alvarez, the director of Don’t Breathe, in the hot seat. Screen Rant published an interview with Alvarez last week, where the Uruguayan director gave advice to up-and-coming filmmakers.
- Film School Rejects: Don’t Breathe Review: Terror, Tension, and Turkey Basters
The hit Netflix show surpassed the wildest of expectationsContinue reading on Film School Rejects »
- Latino Review: LRM Exclusive Interview: Voice Actor David Kaye For RATCHET & CLANK
- Latino Review: LRM Exlcusive: COMIC UNO'S WEEKLY ROUNDUP Episode 3
- Latino Review: LRM Exclusive Interview: Voice Actor James Arnold Taylor for RATCHET & CLANK
- Latino Review: LRM Exclusive Interview: Director Cedric Nicolas-Troyan for THE HUNTSMAN WINTER’S WAR
1. Don't BreatheGross: $26,115,000Total: $26,115,000
2. Suicide SquadGross: $12,110,000Total: $282,882,627
3. Kubo And The Two StringsGross: $7,909,000Total: $24,920,378
4. Sausage PartyGross: $7,665,000Total: $80,008,510
5. Mechanic: ResurrectionGross: $7,500,000Total: $7,500,000