Top Movie News for November 28, 2014
Fox has given the green light to the long-awaited sequel to Independence Day. It has been set to start production in May and the studio is now working on a deal with director Roland Emmerich. They are looking at a potential June 24th, 2016 release. The would set the release of the sequel 20 years after the original. Casting is said to begin once the deal with Emmerich is done. Word is that Will Smith will not be returning.
- Digital Spy: Independence Day sequel for 2016 cinema release
- Deadline: Fox Green Light Starts ‘Independence Day’ Sequel Countdown
- Dread Central: Fox Greenlights Independence Day Sequel
- We Got This Covered: Independence Day Sequel Gets Official Greenlight And Release Date From Fox
- Entertainment Weekly: Fox greenlights ‘Independence Day’ sequel: report
- Hollywood Reporter: 'Independence Day' Sequel Gets 20th Century Fox Greenlight
- AintItCool: Rejoice! INDEPENDENCE DAY 2 is officially happening!
- Cinema Blend: Independence Day 2 Is Happening, Here Are The Details
- Horror-Movies.ca: Independence Day Sequel Gets Official Green Light
- Dark Horizons: Fox Greenlights "Independence Day" Sequel
- JoBlo: Independence Day 2 officially beginning production May 2015
- Screen Crush: Fox Gives a Green Light to 'Independence Day 2'
- Comic Book Movie: Fox Gives INDEPENDENCE DAY 2 Green Light; Filming Begins In May
- MovieWeb: 'Independence Day 2' Officially Happening; Shooting Starts in May
- SlashFilm: ‘Independence Day’ Sequel Greenlit, Will Smith Unlikely to Return
- Empire Magazine: The Independence Day Sequel Is Greenlit
- Collider: Fox Greenlights the INDEPENDENCE DAY Sequel
- ScreenRant: ‘Independence Day 2′ Gets an Official Greenlight; Production to Start May 2015
- FirstShowing.net: 'Independence Day 2' Gets a Greenlight, Nothing Else Has Changed
- Latino Review: 'Independence Day 2' Is Officially Happening
It's almost Friday (is Friday for some of us actually), and that means the very first teaser trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens is right around the corner.
- HitFix: Will the 'Star Wars: Episode VII' teaser live up to the franchise's previous trailers?
- Cinema Blend: Eddie Redmayne Auditioned For Star Wars 7, It Did Not Go Well
- Variety: ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Teaser to Hit iTunes on Friday
- Cinema Blend: Star Wars Might Have a Crazy Marketing Scheme Up Its Sleeve
- We Got This Covered: Star Wars: The Force Awakens Trailer Will Land Online This Friday
- AintItCool: Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer gets an iTunes release this Friday!
- Mania: Star Wars The Force Awakens arrives on iTunes Black Friday
- Digital Spy: Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer to debut online on Friday
- Dark Horizons: "Star Wars" Trailer Goes Online Friday
- Digital Spy: Star Wars, 2001, Blade Runner: What's your favourite sci-fi movie?
- MTV Movies Blog: How To See The ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Trailer The Right Way
- SlashFilm: ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Trailer Will Be Online Friday
- JoBlo: The Star Wars Episode VII teaser will also be online on Black Friday
- Comic Book Movie: STAR WARS EPISODE VII: THE FORCE AWAKENS Trailer To Premiere Online This Friday
- MovieWeb: 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Trailer Goes Online This Friday!
- The Wrap: ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Teaser Trailer to Release Online Friday
- ScreenRant: ‘Star Wars 7′ Trailer Will Release Online Friday
- Collider: STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS Trailer Will Also Be Released Online on Friday
- Latino Review: New 'Star Wars' Teaser Arrives Online Friday
- Comic Book Movie: COMICS: More STAR WARS #1 Variants By Greg Land, Bob McLeod, And Sara Pichelli
- SlashFilm: Why The ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Trailer Is So Special
- Comic Book Movie: Will We See A New Jedi Order In STAR WARS EPISODE VII: THE FORCE AWAKENS?
The official Jurassic World website is up and running! Head on over to JurassicWorld.com (click here) to check out all the cool new content that is now available. Some sections are locked, like Tickets, Plan Your Visit, Park Cam, and Creation Lab. The viewable sections are Safety First, Masrani, News Feed, The Movie, Park Map, Our Founder, Dinosaurs and Raptor Pass. I enjoyed the section listing all of the dinosaurs that are at the park. At the moment, only three of the dinosaurs (tyrannosaurus rex, triceratops, apatosaurus) have profiles that can be viewed.
- USA Today: Jurassic World trailer reveals a terrifying hybrid dinosaur
- We Got This Covered: Colin Trevorrow Offers Up New Details On Jurassic World
- Dark Horizons: Director Talks The "Jurassic World" Trailer
- FirstShowing.net: There's More Going On Than We Know - Insights on 'Jurassic World'
- Screen Crush: The Wrap Up: Director Colin Trevorrow Addresses the CGI in 'Jurassic World'
- MovieWeb: 'Jurassic World' Will Have a Real Park Gate in Finished Movie
- Collider: Colin Trevorrow Addresses the CG Gate in the JURASSIC WORLD Trailer
- Empire Magazine: Exclusive: Colin Trevorrow Talks Jurassic World Trailer
- MovieWeb: 9 Ways the 'Jurassic World' Trailer Recalls the Original Movie
- Comic Book Movie: Colin Trevorrow Reveals New JURASSIC WORLD Details On Theme Park, Raptors, D-Rex And More
- MovieWeb: 'Jurassic World' Trailer Breakdown; Director Reveals Plot Details
- Comic Book Movie: Leaked JURASSIC WORLD Image Of D-Rex (Hybrid Dinosaur)
- Cinema Blend: Ranking The 10 Most Iconic Moments From The Jurassic Park Franchise
- Variety: Digital Audience Ratings: A ‘Cinderella’ Story, ‘Jurassic’ Franchise Is Far From Extinct
- Hollywood Reporter: 'Star Wars' vs. 'Jurassic Park': Who Wins?
- Digital Spy: Star Wars, Jurassic Park, more: 9 original trailers for classic movies
Avatar director James Cameron says his planned trilogy of sequels will have a very, um, specific effect on the viewer. "They’re gonna be bitchin’. You will s**t yourself with your mouth wide open,” the Oscar-winning filmmaker told Empire. Cameron also said that he has decided against shooting the film in the 60 frames-per-second frame rate, opting to shoot it at 48 fps instead. He also revealed the curious process of working with four screenwriters Rick Jaffa, Amanda Silver, Josh Friedman and Shane Salerno on writing Avatar 2, Avatar 3 and Avatar 4. Continue reading…
- Digital Spy: James Cameron says Avatar sequels are "bitchin'": 'You'll s**t yourself'
- SlashFilm: James Cameron Says ‘Avatar’ Sequels Will Make You ‘S**t Yourself;’ Plus Frame Rate Update
- Variety: James Cameron on ‘Avatar’ Sequels: ‘You Will S— Yourself’
- Deadline: James Cameron On ‘Avatar’ Sequels: ‘You Will Sh*t Yourself With Your Mouth Wide Open’
- USA Today: James Cameron: The 'Avatar' sequels are going to be awesome
- Comic Book Movie: James Cameron Says AVATAR Sequels Will Be Shot At 48 Frames-Per-Second
- MovieWeb: James Cameron Updates on 'Avatar' Sequels and Shooting in 48 FPS
- Latino Review: James Cameron Offers New Details on 'Avatar' Sequels
- MTV Movies Blog: James Cameron Says The ‘Avatar’ Sequels Will Make You ‘Sh-t Yourself’
- ScreenRant: James Cameron on ‘Avatar’ Sequel Scripts & Shooting in 48 FPS
Danny Boyle is looking to bolster his castThe latest attempt to make a biopic of former Apple boss Steve Jobs has seen some ups and downs recently. Despite a proven creative team that includes Aaron Sorkin scripting and Danny Boyle directing, the film has struggled to lock in a leading man and was even put into turnaround by its original studio, Sony. Now, with the backing of Universal, it appears to be back on track and Natalie Portman has entered talks for a role.Nothing is known about which character she might play, though Deadline reports it’s a major role.
- Hollywood Reporter: Natalie Portman In Early Talks to Join Steve Jobs Movie
- Digital Spy: Natalie Portman in talks for Danny Boyle's Steve Jobs biopic
- IGN Movies: Natalie Portman in Talks to Join Steve Jobs Movie
- ScreenRant: Natalie Portman in Talks for Danny Boyle’s Steve Jobs Biopic
- JoBlo: Natalie Portman may join Danny Boyle's Steve Jobs film
- MovieWeb: Natalie Portman in Talks for 'Steve Jobs' Biopic
- FirstShowing.net: Natalie Portman Now in Talks to Join Danny Boyle's Steve Jobs Biopic
- SlashFilm: Natalie Portman in Talks for Aaron Sorkin/Danny Boyle Steve Jobs Movie
- Variety: Natalie Portman Eyed for Female Lead in ‘Jobs’
- Latino Review: Is 'Steve Jobs' About To Land Another Big Star?
Watch a hilarious and dubbed rendition of the Hunger Games.
- Comic Book Movie: Hilarious! Bad Lip Reading Of THE HUNGER GAMES: CATCHING FIRE
- Digital Spy: The Hunger Games films could continue past Suzanne Collins novels
- Variety: ‘Hunger Games’ Dominating Early Thanksgiving Box Office
- Badass Digest: Getting Thanksgiving Full On THE HUNGER GAMES 3.1 And STRETCH
- Variety: Box Office: ‘Hunger Games’ Off to Healthy Holiday Start With $14.6 Million
- Movies With Butter: EOB Weekend Box Office Podcast 11/24/2014: "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part I" Lower Than Expected
- Collider: THE COLLISION: Episode 113 – THE HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY – PART 1
- The Wrap: ‘Hunger Games: Mockingjay’ Gobbles $14.5 Million Appetizer at Pre-Thanksgiving Box Office
- ScreenRant: SR Geek Picks: Ken Burns’ The First Black Friday, The Hunger Games: Bad Lip Reading & More
Vince Vaughn debuted the first trailer for his new comedy Unfinished Business last night on Jimmy Kimmel Live and you can watch it below. You know, Vince Vaughn can still be entertaining when he isn’t phoning it in and Unfinished Business doesn’t look bad, at least based on this first trailer. After quitting his old […] Read Vince Vaughn has Some Unfinished Business on Filmonic.
- We Got This Covered: Vince Vaughn Embarks On A Eurotrip In Red Band Trailer For Unfinished Business
- The Wrap: Vince Vaughn, Dave Franco Take Raunchy ‘Unfinished Business’ to Europe in Red Band Trailer (Video)
- MovieWeb: 'Unfinished Business' Trailer Starring Vince Vaughn
- SlashFilm: ‘Unfinished Business’ Trailers: Work Becomes War for Vince Vaughn
- Screen Crush: 'Unfinished Business' Trailers: The New Vince Vaughn Comedy Offers Red and Green Band Trailers for the Holiday Season
- Latino Review: Red and Green Band Trailers plus Posters Hit for 'Unfinished Business'
- Empire Magazine: First Trailers For Unfinished Business
With families across the country gathering tomorrow for the Thanksgiving holiday, Universal Pictures and Focus Features are showcasing the members of Christian Grey's family in the hotly-anticipated adaptation Fifty Shades of Grey. While we don't get another look at Christian (Jamie Dornan) himself, E! Online has debuted three photos showcasing his adoptive family, sister Mia Grey (Rita Ora), mother Grace Trevelyan Grey (Marcia Gay Harden) and father Carrick Grey (Andrew Airlie).
- Entertainment Weekly: Meet Christian Grey’s family in new ‘Fifty Shades’ photos
- We Got This Covered: New Stills For Fifty Shades Of Grey Show Off Family Members And Rita Ora
- Hollywood Reporter: 'Fifty Shades of Grey': Meet the Most Important People in Christian Grey's World
- MTV Movies Blog: ‘Fifty Shades Of Grey’ Gets The Ellen DeGeneres Treatment: Watch
- USA Today: See first pic of Rita Ora in 'Fifty Shades'
- Digital Spy: 50 Shades of Grey unveils posters: See Rita Ora as Christian Grey's sister
Perhaps the best thing about this interview is how easy it is to see Stephen Amell's passion for the role and the universe that Arrow and The Flash have created. There are some interesting details in here about what we should expect from the upcoming crossover and beyond (will Reverse-Flash's presence be felt in Starling City?), so be sure to check it out above! You can also see the trailer for the epic looking two-parter "Flash vs. Arrow" and "The Brave and the Bold" by clicking here.
- Bleeding Cool: The Flash And Arrow Casts Talk The Crossover Plus Trailer
- Comic Book Movie: Robbie Amell Teases 'Firestorm' Transformation In New Photo From THE FLASH Set
- Badass Digest: THE FLASH Review 1.07 “Power Outage”
- We Got This Covered: Morena Baccarin Has Joined The Cast Of The Flash
- Mania: The Flash: Power Outage Review
- Comic Book Movie: FIREFLY And GOTHAM Star Morena Baccarin Joins The Cast Of THE FLASH
- JoBlo: The Supergirl series might enter the worlds of The Flash and Arrow
- Comic Book Movie: THE FLASH: New "Chasing Lightning" Featurette Focuses On Jesse L. Martin's 'Joe West'
- Comic Book Movie: New Promo For THE FLASH VS. ARROW Features More Footage And...A Shirtless Felicity?
- Collider: Black Friday Deals: Music, Movies, TVs, Video Games, Flash Memory, Toys, and More
- Comic Book Movie: Another Promo For ARROW VS. THE FLASH Focuses On The Epic Looking Fight
From a British nation that has had its fair share of scientific geniuses, it's perhaps no surprise that the life and work of Alan Turing has spawned its fair share of dramatic works. There have been TV versions, drama/docs, and even a musical with the score by The Pet Shop Boys. Now, with The Imitation Game, the attempt is being made to make a definitive drama about the man's struggles, both scientifically and personally, within the context of an accessible period film. The casting choice seems well in keeping with the intentions here.
- Deadline: ‘The Imitation Game’ Review: Pete Hammond On Cumberbatch’s Enigma
- Variety: ‘Imitation Game’ Writer Graham Moore: ‘Things Are Very Surreal’
- Hollywood Reporter: Oscars: How 'Imitation Game' Team Re-Created the Turing Machine
- Thompson on Hollywood: 'The Imitation Game': from Black List to Crowdpleasing Oscar Contender
- USA Today: Knightley knows 'Imitation Game' is inaccurate
- The Playlist: Review: Entertaining And Well-Crafted 'The Imitation Game' Starring Benedict Cumberbatch & Keira Knightley
Machinima's "Super Power Beat Down" series knows its audience. They pit popular fictional characters against each other in fights to the death (like Superman vs. Thor or Captain America vs. Master Chief) and let viewers vote on the outcome. Then the SPBD team writes, choreographs, and films the fight scene with solid production values. The latest fight is Batman vs.
- USA Today: Watch: Epic battle between Batman, Darth Vader
- ScreenRant: SR Geek Picks: Batman vs. Darth Vader, Neil deGrasse Tyson Explains ‘Interstellar’ & More
- Comic Book Movie: COMICS: It's 'Darth Vader' Vs. 'Doctor Doom' In This Epic Artwork From Alex Ross
- Digital Spy: The Prestige author slams Christopher Nolan's "embarrassing" Batman films
- SlashFilm: Superhero Bits: Rocket and Groot, Supergirl, The Flash, Daredevil, Batman v Superman, Civil War
- Comic Book Movie: Author Of THE PRESTIGE Knocks Christopher Nolan's BATMAN Films
Well, Ridley Scott gave folks something to talk about over the Thanksgiving table this holiday with his recents comments on the controversial casting of his upcoming "Exodus: Gods And Kings." “I can’t mount a film of this budget, where I have to rely on tax rebates in Spain, and say that my lead actor is Mohammad so-and-so from such-and-such,” the director said. “I’m just not going to get it financed.
- We Got This Covered: Ridley Scott Explains Why There Are Mostly White People In Exodus: Gods And Kings
- JoBlo: Ridley Scott addresses the casting choices in Exodus: Gods and Kings
- SlashFilm: Ridley Scott Says Whitewashing Was the Only Way to Finance ‘Exodus: Gods and Kings’
- ScreenRant: Ridley Scott on ‘Exodus: Gods and Kings’ Whitewashing Controversy
- MovieWeb: Ridley Scott Addresses 'Exodus: Gods and Kings' Race Controversy
- Dark Horizons: Ridley Scott Talks "Exodus" Whitewashing
- The Playlist: Ridley Scott Says 'Exodus' Would Never Get Financed Starring "Mohammad So-and-So From Such-And-Such”
Looking forward to Thanksgiving tomorrow? Excited for shopping on Friday? If you're like me and many of the other contributors on the site, braving the crowds on Black Friday may be your own personal kryptonite. Fear not brave crusader, we've got you covered with 10 of the top items this year to pick up for the comic or movie fan on your list! Best of all, all of the items can be found online so that you need only travel to your computer...
- Dread Central: New Friday the 13th to Be Holiday Horror Comedy Titled Jason Goes to Mall: The Final Black Friday
- Horror Society: ToeTag Announces Black Friday Specials
- IndieWire: Life After Ferguson: Why Ryan Coogler and Ava DuVernay Support Blackout, the Black Friday Boycott
- Dark Horizons: Amazon Black Friday Week Deals: Nov. 27th
- Horror-Movies.ca: Got A Black Friday Horror Story? Tell Me About It!
Comedy sequels are not easy to pull off. Unlike the horror, action and sci-fi genres, it's seemingly more difficult to improve upon what made the original film so enjoyable to begin with. While all of those genres are able to up the ante with bigger setpieces, explosions, scares and whantot, a comedy can usually only be funnier than its predecessor (or at least as funny) in order to appease audiences. Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues and Dumb & Dumber To fell short this year, but 22 Jump Street stepped up to the challenge magnificently.
- AintItCool: Capone feels the lovable losers of HORRIBLE BOSSES 2 have lost what made them funny and charming
- Deadline: ‘Mockingjay’, ‘Penguins’ & ‘Horrible Bosses 2′ Cook Up T-Giving Box Office
- Entertainment Weekly: Box office preview: ‘Mockingjay’ to top ‘Penguins of Madagascar’ and ‘Horrible Bosses 2′
- Latino Review: Film Review: Horrible Bosses 2
- BoxOfficeMojo: Analysis: Katniss to Fend Off 'Penguins,' 'Bosses' Over Thanksgiving
Long before Guardians of the Galaxy hit theaters, earlier versions of the screenplay featured the popular Marvel character Richard Rider, a.k.a. Nova, with Nathan Fillion rumored to play him at one point. Although he never ended up in the movie, concept art illustrations released in August showed us what Nova may have looked like on the big screen. Now that Guardians of the Galaxy is a huge hit, with Guardians of the Galaxy 2 already in the works, director James Gunn was asked on his Facebook page over the weekend if Nova may be popping up in the sequel.
- Comic Book Movie: James Gunn Seemingly Says No To 'NOVA' Appearing In GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 2
- ScreenRant: Guardians of the Galaxy 2: James Gunn Doesn’t Want To Use Nova ‘Right Now’
- Cinema Blend: Everyone Has Missed A Huge Guardians Of The Galaxy Easter Egg
- Cinema Blend: This Ugly Guardians Of The Galaxy Sweater Will Improve Your Christmas By 12%
- Cinema Blend: Guardians Of The Galaxy 2 Will Not Feature This Character
In celebration of Charles Schulz’s (the creator of Peanuts) birthday, 20th Century Fox has announced the voice cast of the upcoming animated film. Take a look below for the name of the actor and what character is he or she playing:Noah Schnapp voices the role of Good ol’ Charlie Brown, the lovable loser who never gives up. The young actor recently filmed a role opposite Tom Hanks in director Steven Spielberg’s untitled Cold War thriller.
- Dark Horizons: "Peanuts" Film Cast Members Announced
- HitFix: Ranking 'Peanuts' Characters from Least to Most Insufferable
- Collider: New Posters for THE PEANUTS MOVIE, PADDINGTON, and THE SPONGEBOB MOVIE: SPONGE OUT OF WATER
- Collider: THE PEANUTS MOVIE Voice Cast Revealed
- MovieWeb: 'The Peanuts Movie' Voice Cast Announced
USA Today has released the first photos from DreamWorks Animation's upcoming sequel Hotel Transylvania 2. They also reveal that comedy legend Mel Brooks has joined the voice cast as Vlad, the father of Adam Sandler's Dracula. His animated alter ego can be seen in the sneak peak images below, alongside other returning characters.The original Hotel Transylvania, which took in $254 million worldwide in 2012, followed Dracula and the relationship with his daughter Mavis (Selena Gomez), who doesn't like being cooped up in this hotel strictly for monsters.
- Digital Spy: Mel Brooks to voice vampire in Hotel Transylvania 2
- We Got This Covered: Mel Brooks Will Bite Into Hotel Transylvania 2 Voice Role
- Cinema Blend: Adam Sandler's Hotel Transylvania 2 Just Booked A Comedy Legend, See His Character Now
- ScreenRant: ‘Hotel Transylvania 2′ First Look Images & Plot Details Revealed
The wait is over, Penguins of Madagascar is out today and if there’s something we can never have enough of, it’s penguins, so I bring more Penguins of Madagascar videos, rejoice. We’ve heard many crazy stories about how far certain actors (or actresses) have gone to get into character, but what if you’re supposed to […] Read Getting Into Character for Penguins of Madagascar on Filmonic.
- AintItCool: Capone says THE PENGUINS OF MADAGASCAR spinoff is for MADAGASCAR diehards only
- Film School Rejects: ‘Penguins of Madagascar’ Review: Turns Out These Birds Can Fly On Their Own
- Variety: Digital Tracking: ‘Penguins’ to Lead Funny Business Over Holiday Weekend
- FirstShowing.net: Our 2014 Thanksgiving Week Movie Guide - 'Rosewater' to 'Penguins'
While we’re still not entirely sure who Andy Serkis is actually playing on screen in ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron,’ we do know that the actor returned to once again provide some of his excellent motion capture work in the sequel. And though he’s keeping his lips sealed about the role he’ll play in ‘Age of Ultron,’ he has spoken out about some of the motion capture support that went into re-teaming with Marvel’s Avengers. Continue reading…
- JoBlo: Andy Serkis talks about his motion capture work on Avengers: Age of Ultron
- Latino Review: Andy Serkis Offers New Details About 'Avengers: Age of Ultron'
- MovieWeb: 'Avengers 2': Andy Serkis Helped Create Ultron And A Better Hulk
- Comic Book Movie: COMICS: A New Team of Avengers Assemble for AVENGERS: ULTRON FOREVER
Warner Bros. has released three new The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies images online. The film concludes the Hobbit saga as five armies descend upon the Lonely Mountain in order to claim its now unguarded treasure, and it also acts as as prelude to Jackson’s other J.R.R.
- We Got This Covered: Smaug Lays Siege To Lake-Town In New Images For The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies
- Empire Magazine: Lake-town's Burning In Three New The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies Stills
- Comic Book Movie: International TV Spot For Peter Jackson's THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES
- Comic Book Movie: 'Smaug' Lays Waste To Laketown In New THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES Stills
Ready Player One is finally coming to the big screen, with Zak Penn writing the screenplay based on Ernest Cline's fan favorite novel. Giving an update on the movie, the screenwriter confirms that he has turned in the script into Warner Bros., who acquired the rights back in 2010. He also reveals that he has Cline's full blessing, though it may be tough to get in all of the classic 80s movie, video game, and TV references.
- SlashFilm: ‘Ready Player One’ Movie Update: New Script Complete, Licensing May Be An Issue
- Collider: Screenwriter Zak Penn Says READY PLAYER ONE Script Is Finished; Project Might Get Stuck on Licensing Issues
- We Got This Covered: Script For Ready Player One Is Complete But Licensing Issues May Stall Development
- We Got This Covered: Guillermo Del Toro’s Justice League Dark Script Is Finished
Paranormal Activity: The Ghost Dimension is going where no other Paranormal Activity movie has gone before: Into the Third Dimension. Yes, it has been confirmed that Paramount Pictures is planning to release the fifth chapter in their popular horror franchise in 3D. This will be the first Paranormal Activity movie released in 3D. It also holds the distinction of being one of the first found footage movies shot in the immersive format.Can a Paranormal Activity IMAX release be far behind?
- ScreenRant: ‘Paranormal Activity 5′ Reportedly Getting a 3D Release
- Dread Central: Paranormal Activity 5: The Ghost Dimension to be Seen in the Third Dimension
- Horror-Movies.ca: Paranormal Activity 5: The Ghost Dimension to be In 3D?
- Screen Crush: 'Paranormal Activity 5′ Will Be Presented in Terrifying 3D
Take a trip down memory lane with this Legacy trailer that goes through 13 years of Middle-earth, starting with Fellowship of the Ring and finishing at The Battle of the Five Armies. Warner Bros. are definitely playing the “last trip to Middle-earth” card on The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies, as they should […] Read The Hobbit Legacy Trailer on Filmonic.
- Comic Book Movie: THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES "Legacy" Trailer
- JoBlo: Revisit Peter Jackson's Middle-Earth films in The Hobbit Legacy trailer
- Hollywood Reporter: Berlin: Wim Wenders Homage to Trace Director's Legacy
- MovieWeb: Smaug Attacks in 'The Hobbit 3' Photos and TV Spot
You loved them in Despicable Me. Now, the Minions are getting their own spinoff movie this summer. And they want to sing their little hearts out about it. They also come bearing gifts of free popcorn in an offer from AMC theaters.That's right! AMC and the Minions are teaming up to celebrate this Holiday season with a Black Friday special that you can learn more about in their new caroling video. The Minions are making their way back onto theater screens across the country for their very own adventure this summer.
So Cake is a drama starring Jennifer Aniston and Anna Kendrick and I don’t even know where to start, maybe with the trailer and then we can try and comprehend what’s what. Claire, who’s played by Jennifer Aniston, is part of a suicide support group. Nina, Anna Kendrick, was part of that same group, then […] Read Jennifer Aniston is in a Lot of Pain in Cake on Filmonic.
For Greg McLean's new survival thrillerNo, Kevin Bacon hasn’t reached the point in his career where he’ll go on I’m A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here! and eat bugs.
- Hollywood Reporter: Kevin Bacon to Star in Greg McLean’s Survival Thriller 'Jungle'
- Dread Central: Kevin Bacon Heads into Greg McLean’s Jungle
- We Got This Covered: Footloose Star Kevin Bacon To Topline Amazon Survival Film Jungle
Marvel’s massive Phase Three will officially start in 2016 with Captain America: Civil War and aside from the titular hero, it’ll also feature Marvel’s most iconic character, Iron Man in what it seems it’s going to be a battle of epic proportions. Robert Downey Jr. is set to reprise his role as multimillionaire Tony Stark but he may not be the only Iron Man alumn to make an appearance in the film.
Remember Home, cause it seems DreamWorks Animation don’t with five months between the last trailer and this one. On the bright side it still looks good. The Boov are an alien race on the run from a very dangerous enemy. To hide from them, the Boov invade Earth and make it their new home. Unfortunately […] Read Don’t Eat the Blue Mint in Home on Filmonic.
- Variety: Suarez, Moreno Team For ‘Ocean Blue’
- MTV Movies Blog: We Hope Taylor Swift Isn’t Too ‘Blue’ About Not Getting This Film Role
We’ve got months to go before Game of Thrones returns for its fifth season, but HBO is getting the promo started early. A new video has dropped that uses mostly (and possibly entirely) old footage. But it links Arya to the three-eyed raven, and ends with a shot that seems to promise something more. Watch the early Game of Thrones season 5 teaser below. The official Game of Thrones Twitter account sent out this video: Follow the Three Eyed Raven.
When Sin was first introduced in Arrow, it was as a close ally of Sara Lance, a.k.a. The Canary. She had a recurring role throughout season two, but has been absent for quite some time now, and we've heard nothing of her since Sara was taken out by an unknown foe. However, TV Line have confirmed that Bex Taylor-Klaus is indeed set to return to The CW series after the show's upcoming winter break. "She’s actually in Episode 12, titled ‘Uprising,'" showrunner Andrew Kreisberg revealed in a recent interview with the site.
Nightcrawler man working on the script for Antoine FuquaAfter spending years as a writer, working on the likes of 2006’s The Fall and The Bourne Legacy, Dan Gilroy has launched himself as a director with the searing Nightcrawler.
Subtlety is a privilege often dishonored in moviemaking. When pictures go out of their way to be bombastic instead of opting for the quieter, more gracious, approach, they tend to reveal a substratum of insecurity. Of course, one hardly faults blockbusters for having too much action (though, with a few in mind, there is such a thing as too too much action) and if a subtle technique goes against your core themes (like this year's examples "Whiplash," "Birdman" and “Interstellar”) then you have immunity.
In honor of the one year anniversary of "Frozen," here's every scene - and song - in the movie, ranked.
Australian writer-director Jennifer Kent makes a promising debut with The Babadook, a dramatic horror film that plays havoc with the ideals of family life and the love of a mother for her child. Amelia has not had it easy. Once happily married, she lost her husband in a vehicle accident nearly seven years ago. Worse, the accident occurred while he was driving her to the hospital to give birth to their son, Samuel. And so what should have been one of the happiest days of Amelia's life became one of the worst, her child becoming a living reminder of what she has lost.
The first Paddington story was published in 1958 and the character has since appeared in more than 20 books which have sold more than 30m copies worldwide.
Though the latest Disney animated film, Big Hero 6, was only based on a Marvel comic, they were able to keep one Marvel movie tradition alive… the Stan Lee cameo. In this video Lee talks about getting a chance to be animated into a Disney film. Stan Lee Talks About His Cameo In Big Hero 6
- Comic Book Movie: Stan Lee Discusses His BIG HERO 6 Cameo In New Video!
- Screen Crush: Watch Stan Lee's Animated Cameo in 'Big Hero 6'
It's that time of the year again when families get together, eat too much food, spend too much money and enjoy an extended weekend that is truly American. This year the usual craziness has been amplified for sci-fi fans as the teaser trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens hits limited theaters this weekend.
With the secrecy surrounding Fox's 2015 reboot of the Fantastic Four movies based on the Marvel Comics superhero family of the same name, fans have yet to see their first look at director Josh Trank and writer Simon Kinberg's take until a trailer drops.
In this new series we take a look at the Oscar nominations of years past, examining the flicks that were nominated, as well as the pic we feel got snubbed among all the other candidates. Love 'em or hate 'em, the Oscars usually highlight the best films from each year (although there are plenty that get overlooked) and it's always fun to look back and see what was popular for any given year and to contemplate their... Read More...
The following images was posted yesterday by Sue Vertue, executive producer of Sherlock. She says this is how Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman will appear as Sherlock Holmes and John Watson in next year’s special. She also added the hastags: #221back #Sherlock #notkidding. Now for a lot of people that just looks like the two are dressed up in what they would wear if the series was set in the original time period Arthur Conan Doyle had written the source material.
This visual effects breakdown proves that Godzilla really is the king of the monsters.
- FirstShowing.net: Watch: Visual Effects Reel Shows Off the Magic of the New 'Godzilla'
Much of the film world was rocked last week by the sudden death of legendary director Mike Nichols. One of them was Al Pacino, who worked with the filmmaker on the 2003 miniseries "Angels in America."http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/in-contention
We here at JoBlo.com have been reviewing both DC Comics series THE FLASH and ARROW this season and have been pretty positive on both. While ARROW has dipped a bit compared to the first two seasons, THE FLASH has been a hell of a fun ride so far. Now, both heroes will face off in the anticipated crossover episodes airing next week on The CW. Starting with "Flash vs. Arrow" on Tuesday and... Read More...
- We Got This Covered: Supergirl Producer Teases Arrow/Flash Crossover Potential
Get More: Music News Talking to MTV News recently, Rosario Dawson was quizzed about her role in upcoming Marvel/Netflix series Daredevil. Unfortunately, she obviously couldn't reveal much, but did have this to say. "Can’t talk about it though. Not even a little bit. I can tell you that you will find strange people lurking in dark corners of your house if you keep persisting. Marvel is a beast.
Ridley Scott has been talking about a sequel to his groundbreaking film 'Blade Runner' for a while now, and it appears that they are close to having a finished script. Scott will not direct the film, he announced, but he did give some hints as to what the story might entail.http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/motion-captured
HitFix takes a deep dive into the 10 finalists for the 2015 Best Documentary Short Subject Oscar.http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/in-contention
Not only is Richard Linklater’s Boyhood a fantastic film, but it’s also quite the cinematic achievement. Just in case you don’t know, Linklater completed the film over the span of 12 years and did so with the same cast and crew. The movie begins with five-year-old Mason Jr. and sticks with him until he turns 18 with Ellar Coltrane portraying the character all the way through. Mondo just announced that Boyhood will be Mondo x SteelBook #002. If you're in Canada, you'll have two versions to choose from, a standard edition and a hand-numbered variant with a 16-page booklet.
- Hollywood Reporter: Throwback Thursday: In 1985, Ethan Hawke Began His Own Film Boyhood
The cast and crew of A Most Violent Year examine the American dream in a new featurette for this upcoming drama from A24 Films, arriving in theaters December 31. This searing crime drama is set in New York City during the winter of 1981, statistically the most dangerous year in the city's history.
By Gareth Spriggs Welcome to the first installment of a multi-part series of articles chronicling the many ways developers and marketers used alternate mediums to break out video games in to a wider general awareness.
- Horror Society: Be A Part of the Remastering of Zombi Holocaust!
One of the many reasons we’re thankful for Thanksgiving is that it cuts the work week short, giving us twice as much weekend time to spend at the movies. And there’s no shortage of titles right now to spend that time on. The only question is where to start. To help you answer that, we’ve put together a helpful guide that (we hope) covers every base. Hit the jump for our list of 25 movies to watch this Thanksgiving. Index Our selection of 25 movies to watch this Thanksgiving is broken up into five sections: Family, Oscar, Indie, Miscellaneous, and VOD.
- Comic Book Movie: BOX OFFICE: THE HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY Set To Win Thanksgiving Weekend
Hollywood is fighting back this Black Friday, with celebrities including Ryan Coogler (“Fruitvale Station”) and Jesse Williams (“Grey's Anatomy”) urging a mass boycott of retailers in protest against the decision in Ferguson, Missouri not to indict police officer Darren Wilson for the shooting death of 18-year-old Michael Brown. Using the hashtag #BlackOutBlackFriday, celebrities including Williams, actor Michael B. Jordan, ”Vampire Diaries” star Kat Graham, hiphop legend Russell Simmons, musician Tom Morello, and filmmaker Ryan Coogler are urging consu