Top Movie News for March 11, 2014
“Fort Tilden,” a movie about hipster girls who take an expedition into “Deep Brooklyn,” won the grand jury award for Best Narrative Feature at the South by Southwest Film Festival Tuesday night.
- Variety: SXSW Film Awards: ‘Fort Tilden,’ ‘The Great Invisible’ Win Top Prizes
- IndieWire: 'Fort Tilden' and 'The Great Invisible' Win Top Awards at 2014 SXSW Film Festival
- Hollywood Reporter: SXSW: 'Fort Tilden,' 'The Great Invisible' Take Top Awards
- Deadline: SXSW Unveils Jury Award Winners
- Entertainment Weekly: SXSW: 2014 Jury and Special Award winners announced
- Thompson on Hollywood: SXSW Wrap and Competition Award Winners
- The Playlist: SXSW Review: 'Doc Of the Dead' Explores How Zombies Rose From The Grave & Strangled Pop Culture
- IndieWire: SXSW: Mike Judge's 'Silicon Valley' Delights with Double Billing as Cast Jokingly Begs HBO For More Seasons
- IndieWire: SXSW: Ethan Hawke on What Makes For Good Sci-Fi and Why Robert Redford Isn't That Great An Actor
- Thompson on Hollywood: SXSW Review: 'Frank,' Starring Michael Fassbender Wearing a Giant Fake Head, Totally Rocks
- IndieWire: SXSW Review: Oscar-Winning Short Film Receives Questionable Feature-Length Upgrade With 'Before I Disappear'
- Deadline: SXSW: Starz Digital Acquires Hawkins Bros’ AFI Winner ‘We Gotta Get Out Of This Place’
- IndieWire: From Teen Welfare Dad to YouTube Icon: Casey Neistat Tells SXSW How He Did It
- Dread Central: SXSW 2014: Take a Pee Break with Humorous New Clip from Housebound
- Variety: SXSW Film Review: ‘Print the Legend’
- IndieWire: 5 Daily Tech Stories that Filmmakers (and Film Fans) Must Read: News from SXSW, VOD Numbers and More
- Deadline: Hot SXSW Clip: ‘Big In Japan’
- Shockya: SXSW 2014: Frank Movie Review
- Dread Central: SXSW 2014: Leigh Whannell Offers Quick Update on Next Saw Film and Insidious 3
- IndieWire: SXSW Review: How 'Print the Legend' Turns the Prospects of 3D Printing Into a Fascinating Corporate Drama
- FearNet: FEARNET Movie Review: 'Home' [SXSW 2014]
- Deadline: Hot SXSW Red Band Trailer: ‘13 Sins’
- FearNet: FEARNET Movie Review: 'Stage Fright' [SXSW 2014]
- Shockya: SXSW 2014 Interview: From Dusk Till Dawn’s Eiza Gonzalez, Wilmer Valderrama, D.J. Cotrona & Zane Holtz
- We Got This Covered: Break Point Review [SXSW 2014]
- We Got This Covered: Stage Fright Review [SXSW 2014]
- Coming Soon: SXSW Interview: Neighbors' Nicholas Stoller and Evan Goldberg
- Twitch: SXSW 2014 Review: OPEN WINDOWS Never Shuts Down Its Thrill Ride
- ScreenRant: SXSW 2014 Interview: Patrick Wilson, Matt Bomer and Jack Plotnick on ‘Space Station 76′
- The Playlist: SXSW Review: ‘Kelly & Cal’ Starring Juliette Lewis & Jonny Weston
- Film School Rejects: SXSW 2014 Review: ‘The Special Need’ is a Sweet and Beautiful Portrait of a 29-Year-Old Virgin
- Twitch: SXSW 2014 Review: LATE PHASES Is A Dollar Short
- Twitch: SXSW 2014 Review: STAGE FRIGHT Sings, Dances, And Slashes Its Way Into Hearts
Captain America: The Winter Soldier directors Anthony Russo and Joe Russo confirmed a report from January that they are coming back to direct the follow-up Captain America 3, which will likely be a part of Marvel's Phase Three, although that is not set in stone yet.While making the press rounds for their Phase Two sequel, arriving in theaters April 4, the directors revealed that they have already started breaking the story with screenwriters Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely, who wrote both Captain America: The First Avenger and Captain America: The Winter Soldier."Well now that Ke
- ScreenRant: Anthony & Joe Russo Will Direct ‘Captain America 3′; Currently Working on Story
- Comic Book Movie: THE WINTER SOLDIER Directors Confirm They Will Return To Helm CAPTAIN AMERICA 3
- Cinema Blend: Captain America Gives Chase In New Winter Soldier Clip
- AintItCool: New Clip from CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER!
- JoBlo: First clip from Captain America: The Winter Soldier has Cap in pursuit!
- The Wrap: ‘Captain America 2' Clip: Chris Evans Gets His First Taste of ‘The Winter Soldier’ (Video)
- SlashFilm: ‘Captain America: The Winter Soldier’ Clip: A Wall-Busting Rooftop Chase
- MovieWeb: The Winter Soldier Is Hunted Down in New 'Captain America 2' Clip
- Filmonic: Watch: Captain America Featurette About Scarlett Johansson’s Black Widow
- Movies With Butter: Early Reviews for 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Appear Twitter
- IGN Movies: Watch Captain America Smash!
- SlashFilm: Reactions to ‘Captain America 2′ Could Guide Direction of ‘Captain America 3′
- JoBlo: Joe and Anthony Russo will return for Captain America 3
- Bleeding Cool: Clip: Captain America And The Winter Soldier Chase, Face-Off
- Comic Book Movie: Did Joss Whedon Helm One Of CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER's Post-Credits Scenes?
- Latino Review: New Clip from ‘Captain America: The Winter Soldier
- MovieWeb: Joss Whedon Directed One of Two Post-Credit Scenes for 'Captain America 2'
- Total Film: New Captain America featurette puts the focus on Black Widow: watch now
- Total Film: Captain America: The Winter Soldier post-credits scenes revealed?
- Total Film: New bruising Captain America: The Winter Soldier clip: online now
- Empire Magazine: First Full Clip From Captain America: The Winter Soldier
No doubt buoyant from the success of Ride Along, star Kevin Hart, director Tim Story and producer Will Packer are lining up another action comedy picture, Black Phantom, From the sounds of things, it’s going to be a tangled mess of double and triple crosses. I’ll give you the simplified, Hollywood Reporter take on the plot premise: a double-crossed mob hitman… enlists the help of the so-called Black Phantom, the same hitman who had been sent to kill him Foxx would play the Black Phantom, I’d expect. That still leaves Kevin Hart as a mob hitman.
- The Wrap: Jamie Foxx, Kevin Hart in Talks to Star in Hitman Movie ‘The Black Phantom’
- Coming Soon: Jamie Foxx and Kevin Hart Team for Hitman Comedy The Black Phantom
- MovieWeb: Jamie Foxx and Kevin Hart Team for Hitman Comedy 'The Black Phantom'
- Variety: Jamie Foxx, Kevin Hart and Tim Story Team Up for ‘Black Phantom’ (EXCLUSIVE)
- Hollywood Reporter: Kevin Hart, Jamie Foxx in Talks to Star in Screen Gems' 'Black Phantom'
- We Got This Covered: Jamie Foxx And Kevin Hart May Team Up For The Black Phantom
- AintItCool: Kevin Hart and Jamie Foxx to team up in the BLACK PHANTOM!
- Moviefone: Kevin Hart and Jamie Foxx Join Forces for 'The Black Phantom'
- Empire Magazine: Jamie Foxx & Kevin Hart Up For Black Phantom
- The Playlist: Jamie Foxx & Kevin Hart Ride Along Together To 'The Black Phantom'
- JoBlo: Jamie Foxx and Kevin Hart to play hit-men in Tim Story's The Black Phantom
- FirstShowing.net: Jamie Foxx & Kevin Hart Team Up for 'Black Phantom' Action Comedy
- SlashFilm: Jamie Foxx and Kevin Hart Team for ‘The Black Phantom’
- Screen Crush: It's No 'Black Panther,' But Jamie Foxx and Kevin Hart in 'The Black Phantom' Will Have to Do
- Latino Review: Jamie Foxx and Kevin Hart Sign up for ‘Black Phantom’
- Vulture: Kevin Hart and Jamie Foxx to Play Movie Hit Men
- Dark Horizons: Foxx, Hart Team On "Black Phantom"
- IGN Movies: Foxx and Hart Riding Along in Black Phantom
Sam Riley, Eddie Redmayne and Toby Kebbell in the runningWith the long slog of casting rumours for the new Fantastic Four themselves now behind us, it feels like we can enjoy the relatively quick sprint of the rest of the cast falling into place.
- FirstShowing.net: Domhnall Gleeson & Three More Up for Dr. Doom in 'Fantastic Four'
- Coming Soon: Four Actors Are in the Running for Fantastic Four's Dr. Doom
- AintItCool: Is one of these guys ready to play Dr. Victor Von Doom in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR?!
- Cinema Blend: The Fantastic Four Dr. Doom Search Narrowed Down To Four Actors
- The Wrap: ‘Fantastic Four': Dr. Doom Short List Down to 4 Actors With Accents (Exclusive)
- Bleeding Cool: Fantastic Four Dr. Doom Shortlist: Four Relatively Unknown Young Actors
- Comic Book Movie: THE FANTASTIC FOUR Sees 'Dr. Doom' In Eddie Redmayne Among Three Other Contenders
- IGN Movies: No Female Dr. Doom for Fantastic Four Reboot
- Screen Crush: 'Fantastic Four' is Close to Finding its Dr. Doom
- JoBlo: Who are the four contenders for Dr. Doom in The Fantastic Four?
- Movies With Butter: 'Fantastic Four' Closing in on Dr. Doom
- Entertainment Weekly: Casting Net: Kevin Hart and Jamie Foxx in talks for ‘Black Phantom’; Plus, Jason Sudeikis, Dr. Doom rumors
- We Got This Covered: Fantastic Four: Fox Reveals Four Actors In Contention For Doctor Doom
- SlashFilm: ‘Fantastic Four’: Four Actors Who Might Be Doctor Doom
- MovieWeb: 'Fantastic Four': Doctor Doom Down to Four Actors
- ScreenRant: ‘Fantastic Four’ Actor Shortlist for Doctor Doom
March 11, 2014 We asked our readers how they thought Spider-Man got his powers. You answered by email, text, blog, and even a brick through the window (please refrain from that in the future). Here’s what you had to say: Lashawn F., Soho "Spider-Guy’s probably suffering from some diseases, I bet, like Arachno Syndrome, or Tarantulitis (my little brother came up with those, he’s mad funny)! He climbs walls, he shoots webs, and he eats bugs. He can never show his face cause he’s probably got fly-eyes or something. You know, you all should leave the poor guy alone!
- Comic Book Movie: Oscorp Cleared In Latest Daily Bugle Viral From THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2
- MovieWeb: 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2': OsCorp Cleared in Daily Bugle Viral
- AintItCool: Check Out Spidey and Electro in the First Clip from THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2!
- Comic Book Movie: Gameloft Announces THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 Mobile Game
- MovieWeb: 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2' Mobile Game Trailer
- IGN Movies: Amazing Director Talks the Spider-Man 3 Curse
- MovieWeb: 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2': Villains Attack in French TV Spot
- SlashFilm: Superhero Bits: Luke Cage, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Amazing Spider-Man 2, Guardians of the Galaxy
- Comic Book Movie: First Official AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 Clip Released
- Coming Soon: Spidey Confronts Electro in a New Clip from The Amazing Spider-Man 2
- Screen Crush: First 'Amazing Spider-Man 2′ Clip: Electro and Spidey Talk
- HitFix: Marc Webb 'confident' 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' won't suffer from villain fatigue
- JoBlo: UPDATED: Electro is under fire in this clip from The Amazing Spider-Man 2
- MovieWeb: Electro Unleashes His Powers in First 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2' Clip
- Comic Book Movie: Peter and Gwen Kiss In The Latest THE AMAZING SPIDERMAN 2 Clip
- Comic Book Movie: Another Official Clip from THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2
- Empire Magazine: New Clip From The Amazing Spider-Man 2
- MovieWeb: Gwen and Peter Kiss in Second Clip from 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2'
Emma Waston's Twitter and Facebook fans got a real treat earlier - seeing the new Noah trailer before anyone else, complete with an exclusive intro from the Harry Potter star. The intro is fun, complete with bloopers and silliness - before tonally shifting when the footage of Aronofsky's passion project kicks in. Check it out below, and then let us know what you think below! Noah is released on 4 April in UK cinemas.
- AintItCool: A New And Nice Clip From Darren Aronofsky’s NOAH!! + Emma Watson Introduces A New Trailer!!
- Coming Soon: Emma Watson Introduces the New Noah Trailer
- FirstShowing.net: Emma Watson Introduces One More Trailer for Aronofsky's Epic 'Noah'
- MovieWeb: Emma Watson Introduces Second 'Noah' Trailer
- The Wrap: Emma Watson Introduces New ‘Noah’ Trailer, Full of Epic Apocalyptic Destruction (Video)
- SlashFilm: ‘Noah’ Trailer: Now With More Emma Watson
- Screen Crush: New 'Noah' Trailer Introduced by a Quirky Emma Watson, Plus First Clip Debuts
- IGN Movies: Emma Watson Intros New Noah Trailer
- JoBlo: Check out the new Emma Watson-centric trailer for Noah
- Deadline: Hot Trailer: ‘Noah’
- Moviefone: The First 'Noah' Reactions Are in, and They're Pretty Positive
- Empire Magazine: Latest Noah Trailer Washes In
The Boov are on their wayHere’s a nice change-up from the usual campaign of picture, poster, brief teaser, trailer etc.: for its new ‘toon, Home, DreamWorks Animation has cooked up a proper short to introduce the alien creatures coveting our world and put it online for your staring use. Home, adapted from Adam Rex’s book The True Meaning Of Smekday, finds Steve Martin as Captain Smek, the overly confident leader of the Boov, an alien race in search of a new planet to call home.
- Coming Soon: 4-Minute 'Almost Home' Short Previews DreamWorks Animation's Home
- MovieWeb: 'Almost Home' Short Introduces the World of DreamWorks Animation's 'Home'
- Dark Horizons: DreamWorks Unveils "Almost Home" Short Film
- FirstShowing.net: Watch: DreamWorks Animation Short Introduces Aliens from 'Home'
- SlashFilm: DreamWorks Animation’s ‘Home’ Short Film Introduces New Animated Characters
- Bleeding Cool: Watch: Instead Of A Trailer, Dreamworks Introduce New Toon, Home, With This Short Film
- AintItCool: Aliens look to Steve Martin to find them a new home planet in this extended teaser for HOME!
- Cinema Blend: This Week In Home Entertainment: Inside Llewyn Davis, The Book Thief And More
It doesn’t feel that long ago that HBO first took us into the magical land of Westeros. But sometime during Game of Thrones‘ upcoming fourth season we’re going to hit the halfway point of the entire series. According to showrunners David Benioff and David Weiss, the current plan is to wrap up the show after “seven or eight” seasons. The pair also revealed they already know how things will end for all of the characters, even if George R.R. Martin hasn’t revealed their fates to the world at large.
- Dark Horizons: "Game of Thrones" Ends At Season 7 Or 8?
- New York Daily News: 'Game of Thrones' producers know how the book series will end
- We Got This Covered: Game Of Thrones To End After Three Or Four More Seasons
- Vulture: A Day-by-Day Catch-up Guide to Game of Thrones
- Moviefone: 'Game of Thrones' Season 4 Preview: What You Need to Know (VIDEO)
- Vulture: Breaking Bad Taught the Game of Thrones Showrunners How to End the Series
- Bleeding Cool: George RR Martin Has Had To Tell The Game Of Thrones Showrunners How The Story Ends Because They’re Out Of Step
- Variety: ‘Thrones’ Star Joins CBS Pilot ‘Scorpion’ Helmed by Justin Lin
Jason Sudeikis is in talks to play the wise-cracking investigative reporter Fletch in Warner Bros.' long-planned action-comedy "Fletch Won."http://www.hitfix.com
- We Got This Covered: Jason Sudeikis Snags Lead Role In Fletch Won
- Moviefone: Can Jason Sudeikis Fill Chevy Chase's Shoes in a 'Fletch' Reboot?
- Digital Spy: Jason Sudeikis in talks for Chevy Chase's Fletch role
- Badass Digest: FLETCH WON Wins Jason Sudeikis
- AintItCool: Jason Sudeikis to star as the Laker lovin', disguise wearin' Irwin "Fletch" Fletcher in FLETCH WON!
- IGN Movies: Jason Sudeikis Up for Fletch Won
- Cinema Blend: Jason Sudeikis Will Play Fletch For A New Generation
- Fandango Movie Blog: Meet the New 'Fletch': Jason Sudeikis?
Comedian Zach Galifianakis has interviewed his fair share of A-list celebrities on Between Two Ferns, his notoriously awkward insult comedy talk show on Funny or Die. But his latest guest to get put in the hot seat is one for the ages: President Barack Obama. Naturally, we could describe to you the hilarity that ensues in this video, but instead we'll just let POTUS and the Hangover star's zingers speak for themselves: Continue reading…
- Moviefone: Barack Obama Goes Toe-to-Toe With Zach Galifianakis in 'Between Two Ferns' (VIDEO)
- Shockya: President Barack Obama Joins Zach Galifianakis on Between Two Ferns
- New York Daily News: Obama on Zach Galifianakis' webseries 'Between Two Ferns' (VIDEO)
- AintItCool: ‘Nobody’s Interested In Your Texts!!' President Barack Obama Takes On Zach Galifianakis!!
- Vulture: Scott Aukerman of ‘Between Two Ferns’ on How They Got President Obama to Play Along
- ScreenRant: SR Geek Picks: Obama ‘Between Two Ferns’, Star Trek Into Winter Soldier and More
- Badass Digest: Zack Galifianakis Chats With Some Guy On New Episode Of “Between Two Ferns”
Doctor Strange is gearing up to be a part of Marvel’s Phase 3 films. Who is directing the flick has been the question for a while now.
- MovieWeb: 'Doctor Strange' Short List Down to Three Directors
- Coming Soon: Doctor Strange Director Short List Down to Three Names?
- AintItCool: Another Talented Filmmaker Joins The DOCTOR STRANGE Directin' Derby!
- Cinema Blend: Marvel's Doctor Strange Director Shortlist Reportedly Loses Two Names, Adds A New One
- Comic Book Movie: New DOCTOR STRANGE Director Candidate; Mark Andrews And Jonathan Levine Still On Shortlist
- Screen Crush: The Wrap Up: 'Doctor Strange' Considers Adding a Truly 'Sinister' Director
- ScreenRant: ‘Doctor Strange’ Director Shortlist Update: ‘Sinister’ Director in the Mix
We've been pretty open about our support of The Raid 2: Berandal (in case you missed it, just check out our glowing five star review). But in case you still needed swaying, then this new behind-the-scenes video should do a pretty good job of converting the unenthused. Not only does it set-up the new storyline, but director Gareth Evans, a smattering of its stars, and martial arts choreographer/star Yayan Ruhian (Prakoso) are on hand to chat through some of its most exciting moments. Sit back, watch the below and start to get very, very excited.
- Dread Central: Spend 10 Minutes With The Raid 2: Berandal
- MovieWeb: 'The Raid 2' Behind-the-Scenes Featurette
- Mania: The Raid 2: NEW Official US Poster
- SlashFilm: ‘The Raid 2′ Featurette: 10 Minutes of Behind The Scenes Footage
- FirstShowing.net: Watch: 10-Minute Featurette Goes Behind the Scenes of 'The Raid 2'
- Twitch: Hey Australia! Win Double Passes To See THE RAID 2 In Cinemas!
- IGN Movies: AU: Win Tickets to an Early Screening of The Raid 2
There are 35,000 deaths due to motor vehicle accidents in the United States each year. Every ten seconds someone is given emergency treatment because of a car crash. According to a report by the CDC the financial impact is close to $100 billion on injury care and lost productivity. I know 'Need For Speed' is just a movie, and movies are entertainment, but it is shocking beyond all reason how much this movie thinks automotive safety is a big joke.
- We Got This Covered: Exclusive Q&A With Aaron Paul and Need for Speed Director Scott Waugh
- Hollywood Reporter: 'Need for Speed' Screening: Aaron Paul Didn't Want to Make 'Another Video-Game Movie'
- Variety: Film Review: ‘Need for Speed’
- Coming Soon: CS Video: The Cast and Crew Behind the Wheel of Need for Speed
- ScreenRant: Box Office Prediction: ‘Need for Speed’ vs. ’300: Rise of an Empire’
- HitFix: Aaron Paul discusses how his own 'Need For Speed' influenced his choice of roles
- The Wrap: ‘Need for Speed’ Review: Aaron Paul Can't Get This Vehicle Off the Lot
Sadly, TRUE DETECTIVE is over. We will no longer share in the mysterious adventures of Rust Cohle and Martin Hart. But alas, there will be a second season with two all new detectives. Everyone has spent their time-- even before the season ended-- coming up with the perfect pair of actors for season two. That said, Ive heard some brilliant choices. My hats off to Mr. Chris Bumbrays recent thread on the topic.... Read More...
- New York Daily News: Jimmy Kimmel, Seth Rogen star in 'True Detective 2' spoof
- Vulture: Yes, Jimmy Kimmel Will Keep Making Those Fake Prank Videos
- New York Daily News: 'True Detective' finale breaks ratings record for HBO
- We Got This Covered: The New Trailer For Devil’s Knot May Help With True Detective Withdrawal
- Deadline: Jimmy Fallon Had Good Week In Fight With Jimmy Kimmel For YouTube Loyalty
- The Playlist: 5 Directors We Want To See Tackle 'True Detective' Season 2
Another shot Grant Gustin in costume for #Flash! (via @GustinNews) Here's that belt… or lack thereof. pic.twitter.com/6ArT6mP8aH— Flash TV News ⚡ (@FlashTVNews) March 12, 2014 Images By canadagraphs.weebly.com ICYMI: photos of @candicekp on set during filming of #TheFlash http://t.co/x7yE3J5KT5 pic.twitter.com/GozvHy5Ri3— Flash Fans (@FlashCWFans) March 12, 2014 Grant Gustin at #TheFlash @grantgust #yvrshoots pic.twitter.com/mmvH860ccp— Ken (@pursuit23) March 12, 2014 And here's Grant Gustin in running motion as #TheFlash!
- Mania: Full Flash Costume Revealed
- We Got This Covered: Check Out The Flash’s Full Costume For Upcoming Series
- Deadline: PHOTO: First Full Look At CW’s ‘The Flash’
- Variety: ‘The Flash’s’ Full Suit Revealed (PHOTO)
- Dark Horizons: Photo: Grant Gustin's Full "Flash" Suit
- New York Daily News: 'The Flash' suit revealed for CW superhero reboot
- Comic Book Movie: THE FLASH Gets Hit By A Taxi In New Behind-The-Scenes Video
While we saw a small portion of the Nebula (Karen Gillan) vs.
- Cinema Blend: Guardians Of The Galaxy's Karen Gillan Teases 'A Big Girlie Fight Sequence' With Zoe Saldana
- Coming Soon: Karen Gillan Talks 'Girlie Fights' in Guardians of the Galaxy
- HitFix: Karen Gillan on her first time: Lead for 'Oculus' and as a villain for 'Guardians'
- Hollywood Reporter: Karen Gillen Talks 'Guardians' Showdown Between Gamora and Nebula
- IGN Movies: New Details For Guardians of the Galaxy
Fox has revealed the logo and official synopsis for its upcoming non-Batman Batman show, Gotham. And several familiar villains have been mentioned in that synopsis -- if in oblique terms -- including the Joker, Two-Face, and the Riddler. First up, here’s the logo: Fox's GothamThe blimps are a nice effect. And here’s the synopsis: Everyone knows the name Commissioner Gordon. He is one of the crime world's greatest foes, a man whose reputation is synonymous with law and order. But what is known of Gordon's story and his rise from rookie detective to Police Commissioner?
- We Got This Covered: Gotham TV Series Gets A Rain-Soaked Logo And Synopsis
- Comic Book Movie: Logo & Synopsis Released For Fox's GOTHAM TV Show
- JoBlo: Here is the official plot synopsis and logo for Fox's Batman series Gotham
- SlashFilm: ‘Gotham’ Synopsis and Logo Revealed For Fox’s Batman Prequel
- Bleeding Cool: Official Website, Logo And Blurb For Fox’s Gotham Series
While doing press for Captain America: The Winter Soldier, a number of the stars and filmmakers have shed new light on the future of the Marvel Universe, with Scarlett Johansson praising the script for Avengers: Age of Ultron and Chris Evans clearing up rumors about his Marvel contract.First up, Scarlett Johansson spoke about her reactions to Joss Whedon's script for Avengers: Age of Ultron, claiming that this story feels like a natural progression from the one set up in Marvel's The Avengers."I was just amazed. Joss is something else, he really is.
- Comic Book Movie: Scarlett Johansson Gushes Over 'Totally Solid' Script For THE AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON
- Digital Spy: Under the Skin review: Scarlett Johansson haunts in mesmerising sci-fi
- Comic Book Movie: Chris Evans Clarifies His THOR: THE DARK WORLD Cameo Didn't Count Towards MARVEL Contract
- Total Film: Chris Hemsworth talks Avengers: Age Of Ultron
- Bleeding Cool: A Whole Slew Of Clips From Marvel’s New Animated Movie, Avengers Confidential: Black Widow And Punisher
The next SAG Awards will air live on TBS and TBT on Jan. 25 at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT, committee chair JoBeth Williams said Tuesday while announcing the key dates for this year's ceremony. Nominating committees will be drawn by random sample on March 14, drawing from actors/performers, singers, dancers or stunt performers who have not served on the same nominating committee in the past eight years and have paid their November 2013 membership dues by Feb. 27. Also read: SAG Awards Ratings Dip 12% From Prior Year Nominations will be announced live Dec. 10 at 6 a.m.
- Deadline: Key Dates Announced For 2015 SAG Awards
- Thompson on Hollywood: Key Dates and Deadlines for the 2015 SAG Awards
- HitFix: It's never too early, as SAG sets next season's awards dates
- Hollywood Reporter: SAG-AFTRA Announces Dates for 2015 Awards
Olivia Wilde is being lured from a very busy film career back to TV, but come on, when it’s HBO and Martin Scorsese and Mick Jagger, how can you resist? Wilde is joining Bobby Cannavale in the untitled drama which begins filming this summer under the direction of Scorsese himself. Cannavale will play a record exec in the 1970s who’s struggling to find the new sound that will save his label, and the show: explores the drug and sex-fueled music business of 1970s New York as punk and disco are on the rise. Wilde will play his former actress/model wife, who finds herself drawn back in
With a record-setting limited release weekend as evidence that hardcore Wes Anderson fans and cinephiles will show up in droves to see the film, Fox Searchlight is working to broaden the appeal of “The Grand Budapest Hotel” ahead of its wide opening. Also read: ‘Grand Budapest Hotel’ On Record-Breaking Box Office Tear — How Wes Anderson Pulled Off a Hit The red band trailer for the film, which features Ralph Fiennes as the concierge of a luxurious and opulent hotel in the mountains of a fictional alpine country, is hardly scandalous.
Last fall, "The Simpsons" lost a key component of the creative magic that has kept them on the air for over two decades: Marcia Wallace, the voice behind Bart's longtime teacher/nemesis Edna Krabappel passed away. And last week, the creators aired their tribute to the actress during a new episode of the show. It features her husband Ned Flanders (man, we have not watched this show in a long time) remembering an evening dancing with his late wife, before recalling how much he'll miss her distinctive laugh.
Harpo Films announced today that it has acquired the film rights to Sue Monk Kidd's The Invention of Wings . The book debuted in January at #1 on the New York Times Bestsellers List and was the latest selection for Oprah's Book Club 2.0.
Chris Carter’s take on the apocalypse is becoming a reality.
From IFC Films and director Liza Johnson comes the romantic dramedy Hateship Loveship starring Kristen Wiig, Guy Pearce and Hailee Steinfeld. Based on the short stories of Alice Munro, the plot follows a young girl who tries to set her nanny up with her father, who just happens to be a recovering drug addict.
In case you missed it at the cinema, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire was a bit of a big deal. The mega-sequel took everything we loved about the original sci-fi epic and turned things up to 11. Which is why we're rather chuffed to have an exclusive deleted scene from the movie to celebrate its release on DVD and Blu-ray. It's a quiet, swift moment, but one which sells Katniss' panic and urgency upon returning from her tour of the Capitol. Watch the clip below and then let us know what you think in the comments below!
Auri Maruri has joined Pantelion Films as director of production and development. The company makes films geared at the Latino market and is a joint venture between Lionsgate and Televisa.
- Hollywood Reporter: Former Lionsgate Exec Auri Maruri Joins Pantelion Films
- Deadline: Pantelion Adds Auri Mauri As Production & Development Director
Kristen Bell is one of the stars of the breakout phenomenon 'Frozen,' and when we spoke to her about her new film 'Veronica Mars,' we couldn't resist asking about the possibility of a sequel to the Disney smash hit.http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/motion-captured
- Badass Digest: Satan Is Using FROZEN To Make Your Kids Gay
- The Playlist: Watch: Honest Trailer 'Frozen' Thaws Out Disney's Oscar Winner
At the age of 61, Liam Neeson is kicking more ass than he ever has in his four decade career. The star of NON-STOP has become an action hero at an age when most actors are fading out of the genre and he doesn't seem to be showing any signs of slowing down. It may seem that he has a career that most would envy, but it was very close to having been even bigger. Neeson was offered the role of James Bond back during the... Read More...
Katherine Heigl has left CAA and signed with WME. The actress’ mother and manager, Nancy Heigl, who is intimately involved with every detail of her daughter's career, played a factor in the split, TheWrap has learned. Heigl broke out on the popular teen show “Roswell” before being launched to stardom when she landed the role of Dr.
300: Rise of an Empire opened strong, in line with expectations, while the latest animation from DreamWorks, Mr. Peabody & Sherman, disappointed in 2nd place. Let’s get something out of the way first, 300: Rise of an Empire was never going to bring in as much as the original 300 did on its opening weekend […]Read Box Office: 300 Sequel Rises to the Top on Filmonic.
Leigh Whannell is the co-creator, co-writer and co-star of the Insidious series, penning the story lines with James Wan and playing the role of Specs, off-kilter ghost hunter. He seems to be writing the third instalment himself, and there’s yet to be a director announced. But some progress is definitely being made, as Whannell just gave an interview to Screen Rant in which he teased a bunch of specifics. For one thing, the new film won’t centre on “a new family” and Rose Byrne and Patrick Wilson won’t be returning.
For fans of the 2004-2007 adolescent gumshoe series, the Veronica Mars movie has been a long time coming.
Linda Hamilton is set to star as a U.S. Navy admiral battling an ancient sea monster in new SyFy original movie “Bermuda Tentacles,” the network announced Tuesday. The “Terminator” films’ original Sarah Connor will play an admiral of a U.S.
We recently had the chance to chat with writer-director Scott Cooper about his gritty crime drama Out of the Furnace -- starring Christian Bale, Woody Harrelson, Casey Affleck, Zoe Saldana, Forest Whitaker and Willem Dafoe -- which comes out on Blu-ray today. Here's what he had to say about the film. IGN Movies: Let's talk about the nature of Russell's character. I said this to Bale at the TV junket, that he reminded me basically of Job, because we were joking about him having done so many biblical things.
While last year's ROOM 237 may have been the documentary about THE SHINING that got all of the publicity, it was not officially sanctioned by Warner Bros or the estate of director Stanley Kubrick. It was also primarily focused on the numerous theories about the meaning of the film rather than about the making of the film itself. If you want that info, you should check out Staircases to Nowhere. Recorded over three... Read More...
With the release of Divergent less than two weeks away, Summit Entertainment has released three new clips from director Neil Burger's adaptation of Veronica Roth's YA novel. The story takes place in a futuristic world where everyone must choose one of five factions to live under for the rest of their lives. The plot follows young Tris Prior (Shailene Woodley), who learns she is a Divergent, someone who doesn't fit within any of these distinct groups.
There have been several attempts to adapt Neil Gaiman's incredible Sandman series into a live-action movie, but in the past the writer has told stories of the various reasons it never came to be -- and didn't sound very confident that it ever would. But recently we learned that Joseph-Gordon Levitt was on board as producer (with a possibility that he'll also star and direct) on Warner Bros.' latest attempt to bring Morpheus and the Endless to the big screen, with scriptwriter Jack Thorne on writing duties.
It’s no surprise that Robert Duvall is a cantankerous (and charming) old coot in his new film, “A Night in Old Mexico,” helmed by the Spanish director and composer Emilio Aragón. The 83-year-old is still in fine and feisty form as Red Bovie, an old cowboy forced off his land by developers turning the area into sad excuses for “ranchettes.” Rather than live out his days in a trailer home, Red takes off for a Mexican border town with Gally (Jeremy Irvine, “War Horse”), the cowboy-wannabe grandson he has only just met due to a 40-year estrangement with his only son.
It’s been quite some time since Robert Rodriguez first announced his plan to make a new Heavy Metal movie under the Quickdraw Animation banner at San Diego Comic Con in 2011, but there hasn’t been much movement on the project since.
Jon Favreau is set to join his "Couples Retreat" co-star in an adaptation of the Image Comics graphic novel.http://www.hitfix.com
- FirstShowing.net: Jon Favreau is Back with 'Swingers' Buddy Vince Vaughn for 'Term Life'
Note: I’ve already posted a spoiler-free overall review of The Clone Wars: Season 6, but for these individual episode reviews, full spoilers are included. While Anakin played a notable part in the Clone Wars: Season 6 premiere, the second episode was truly all about Fives. With Rex taking off early on, the ARC Trooper was left on his own on Kamino with Tup, where he began to realize a much bigger conspiracy was underway. We of course know just how insidious the plans of Darth Sidious (heh) are, but the characters don’t.
Maleficent has released a new poster online, showing off Angelina Jolie in all her sinister glory as the titular antiheroine. The new poster is a simple and straightforward affair, putting Jolie front and centre in her be-horned costume, as she manages to pull off sexy and scary in one fell swoop. Special mention should also go to the Jolie cheekbones, which look sharp enough to draw blood on their own without her taking recourse to those claw-like fingers.
- Comic Book Movie: 9 More Hi-Resolution Stills Hit From Disney's MALEFICENT
Thanks to CBM User @PsychoManiacJacky for the heads up! Marvel's first television special documents the exciting story behind Marvel Studios and the Marvel Cinematic Universe, featuring exclusive interviews and behind-the-scenes footage from all of the Marvel films, the Marvel One-Shots and "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." Viewers will walk a clear path through this amazing and nuanced universe, featuring sneak peeks at the future of "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." on ABC, new footage from Marvel Studios' upcoming theatrical releases, "Captain America: The Winter Solider" and "Guardians of
Note: Full spoilers for the episode follow. Yep, Sif helped! This was a big episode for Agents of SHIELD, as it featured Jaime Alexander reprising her role from the Thor movies as Lady Sif. She may not be a title character or an Avenger, but Sif is a well liked part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe and the first true super hero from the MCU to make their way from the movies to the series. I had high hopes for this episode, and thankfully, they were met. Jaimie Alexander on her SHIELD Guest Role Continue reading…
2011’s The Muppets did exactly what it was intended to do, revitalizing the beloved characters and reintroducing them to new and old fans alike. So now that the Muppets are, once again, considered “a viable franchise”, as the opening song of Muppets Most Wanted humorously notes, where do they go?
- Variety: Film Review: ‘Muppets Most Wanted’