Top Movie News for October 30, 2014
Jessica Chastain also up for Danny Boyle's Steve Jobs filmCould Seth Rogen be following Jonah Hill into high-profile dramas?
- Variety: Seth Rogen to Play Apple Co-Founder Wozniak in Steve Jobs Biopic
- Hollywood Reporter: Steve Jobs Biopic Eyes Seth Rogen to Play Apple Co-Founder Steve Wozniak
- Entertainment Weekly: Seth Rogen in talks to play Steve Wozniak in Steve Jobs biopic
- AintItCool: Seth Rogen to play Steve Wozniak opposite Christian Bale in Sony's Steve Jobs biopic!!
- Badass Digest: Seth Rogen Likely To Play Steve Wozniak In That Christian Bale Steve Jobs Movie
- Vulture: Seth Rogen Will Play Steve Wozniak in Jobs
- Rotten Tomatoes: News: Seth Rogen Is Steve Wozniak
- Digital Spy: Seth Rogen to play Steve Wozniak in Danny Boyle's Steve Jobs biopic?
- USA Today: Seth Rogen eyed for Wozniak role in Steve Jobs film
- Coming Soon: Seth Rogen to Play Steve Wozniak Opposite Christian Bale's Steve Jobs
- The Wrap: Seth Rogen Eyed to Play Apple's Steve Wozniak in Christian Bale's Steve Jobs Movie (Exclusive)
- Collider: Seth Rogen Eyed to Play Steve Wozniak Opposite Christian Bale’s Steve Jobs; Jessic Chastain Sought for Role
- SlashFilm: Seth Rogen Is Steve Wozniak To Christian Bale’s Steve Jobs
- HitFix: Seth Rogen may play Steve Wozniak in the Boyle/Sorkin Steve Jobs movie
- MovieWeb: Seth Rogen Is Steve Wozniak in 'Steve Jobs' Biopic
- FirstShowing.net: Seth Rogen to Play Steve Wozniak in Danny Boyle's Steve Jobs Biopic
- Moviefone: Seth Rogen & Jessica Chastain May Join Steve Jobs Biopic
- We Got This Covered: Seth Rogen And Jessica Chastain Wanted For Danny Boyle’s Steve Jobs Biopic
- Cinema Blend: Seth Rogen Might Join The Steve Jobs Biopic To Play This Legend
- Dark Horizons: Seth Rogen Joins Steve Jobs Film
- Screen Crush: Seth Rogen in Talks to Join Christian Bale in Steve Jobs Biopic
- ScreenRant: Seth Rogen Cast in Steve Jobs Biopic; Jessica Chastain Eyed For a Role
- IGN Movies: Rogen Cast as Steve Wozniak in Jobs Biopic
- Hollywood Reporter: Legendary and Universal's 'Krampus' Avoids Showdown with Seth Rogen Christmas Movie
- The Playlist: Jessica Chastain And Seth Rogen Eyed From Roles In Danny Boyle's 'Jobs' With Christian Bale
- JoBlo: Seth Rogen and Jessica Chastain eyed for roles in Danny Boyle's Jobs
This time last year a lot of people were wondering if the Hollywood comic book movie craze was ever going to produce a female superhero movie, and now we’ve seen two announced in fairly quick succession. Marvel Studios is bringing Captain Marvel to the big screen in 2018, and Warner Bros.
- SlashFilm: Rumor: Wonder Woman Solo Movie Is a Prequel Set in the 1920s
- Bleeding Cool: The First Wonder Woman Movie To Be Set In The 1920s, And Its Sequel During World War II
- JoBlo: Gal Gadot passes on Ben-Hur plus rumor sets Wonder Woman movie in the 1920s
- MovieWeb: Is the 'Wonder Woman' Movie a Prequel Set in the 1920s?
- AintItCool: WONDER WOMAN to be set in the 1920's!?!
- We Got This Covered: Is WB Planning A Wonder Woman Trilogy Beginning In The 1920s?
- Comic Book Movie: 1920s Setting Rumored For WONDER WOMAN Movie
- Collider: Rumor: WONDER WOMAN Is a 1920s-Set Prequel That Kicks Off a Trilogy
- ScreenRant: Rumor Patrol: ‘Spider-Man’ Female Superhero Teamup Movie in the Works
- Cinema Blend: The Wonder Woman Movie Will Go In A Different Direction Than We Thought
- Collider: Rumor: Sony Developing All-Female SPIDER-MAN Team-Up Movie GLASS CEILING
- JoBlo: Rumor: Does LL Cool J have a role in an upcoming Marvel movie?
- Comic Book Movie: RUMOR: Sony Planning An All-Female SPIDER-MAN Spinoff Called GLASS CEILING
- Screen Crush: 'Wonder Woman' Solo Film Takes Place Before 'Justice League,' Trilogy Plans Revealed
- SlashFilm: Rumor: Sony Mulling Team-Up Film Starring Female Spider-Man Characters
- MovieWeb: 'Ben-Hur' Loses Gal Gadot Due to 'Wonder Woman' Movie Commitments
If the photos and story details released today from Terminator Genisys weren't enough, then you'll surely enjoy five new storyboard images which tease an intense battle sequence between man and machine.While these early designs may not be as refined as the new images from earlier, they do tease some intriguing details about the long-standing war between Skynet's machines and the human resistance, lead by John Connor (Jason Clarke).
- SlashFilm: ‘Terminator: Genisys’ Storyboards Tease a Big Battle
- We Got This Covered: Storyboards And New Images From Terminator Genisys Hint At Future War
- Badass Digest: Here Are More Bad Pics, Details From TERMINATOR: GENISYS
- USA Today: 'Terminator: Genisys' is already annoying fans
- Cinema Blend: The Theme Of These Terminator: Genisys Pictures Is Apparently O-Face
- HitFix: How did this mistake make it into the first 'Terminator: Genisys' image?
- MovieWeb: Arnold Schwarzenegger Revealed as T-800 in 'Terminator Genisys'
- Comic Book Movie: UPDATE: First Look At Arnold Schwarzenneger As The 'T-800' In TERMINATOR: GENISYS
- Collider: New TERMINATOR: GENISYS Images Featuring Emilia Clarke and Arnold Schwarzenegger; Plus Additional Plot Details
- SlashFilm: So Is ‘Terminator: Genisys’ a Reboot or What?
- FirstShowing.net: Get a First Look at Arnold Schwarzenegger in 'Terminator: Genisys'
- ScreenRant: ‘Terminator: Genisys’ Images & Details; Crew on the Film’s Visual Effects
- Total Film: New plot details emerge from Terminator: Genisys
- MovieWeb: 'Terminator Genisys' Official Story and Villain Details Revealed
- Fandango Movie Blog: Come with Us if You Want to See the First 'Terminator: Genisys' Images (Updated w/New Pics)
- HitFix: More 'Terminator: Genisys' images and details pile on the awkward for Paramount
It's been just over a week since the teaser trailer for The Avengers: Age of Ultron leaked online early, prompting Marvel to smartly officially release the trailer ahead of schedule, and then unveil a fun teaser scene with all of the superheroes trying to pick up Thor's hammer Mjolnir. The buzz has been insane for next summer's sequel to the unprecedented superhero assembly of 2012, and with Marvel just announcing all of their plans for Phase Three, fans are losing their minds.
- USA Today: Who is that mystery woman in the 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' trailer?
- Cinema Blend: Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaked Clip Illustrates Problems Between Iron Man And Cap
- Cinema Blend: Marvel Told Us Who That Mystery Woman Is In Avengers 2: Age Of Ultron
- Screen Crush: Pee-wee Herman Re-Records the Voiceover For the 'Avengers 2′ Trailer
- Total Film: Joss Whedon talks global feel of Avengers: Age Of Ultron
- JoBlo: New Avengers: Age of Ultron clip hinting at Civil War leaks online
- Comic Book Movie: HISHE Takes On the AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Trailer
- SlashFilm: Superhero Bits: Batman v Superman, Avengers Age of Ultron, Fantastic Four, Civil War, Joss Whedon
- Comic Book Movie: Robert Downey Jr. Talks IRON MAN 3 Fallout And AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON
- Cinema Blend: Pee-wee Herman Impersonating Ultron Is The Best Thing You'll See All Day
- MTV Movies Blog: Lumberjack Captain America Is Our First Official ‘Age Of Ultron’ Meme
- JoBlo: Cool Videos: Pee Wee dubs over the Age of Ultron trailer
A new horror with Sam Raimi and the Evil Dead teamThey helped Sam Raimi resurrect the Evil Dead franchise for a new outing, and now writer/director Fede Alvarez and co-writer Rodo Sayagues are back in cahoots with him for some more horror. They’ll all developing A Man In The Dark alongside Raimi’s Ghost House partner Rob Tapert.A Man In The Dark appears to blend The Bling Ring with a horror concept as three teens are on a winning streak of perfectly executed home robberies.
- Variety: AFM: Sam Raimi Gearing Up ‘A Man in the Dark’ with ‘Evil Dead’ Director Fede Alvarez
- Shock Till You Drop: Fede Alvarez Teams Up With Ghost House Again for ‘A Man in the Dark’
- Dread Central: A Man in the Dark Found by Ghost House Pictures and Fede Alvarez
- Coming Soon: Evil Dead's Fede Alvarez to Direct A Man in the Dark
- Collider: Sam Raimi and Rob Tapert Re-Team with EVIL DEAD Director Fede Alvarez for A MAN IN THE DARK
- The Wrap: Sam Raimi Reteams With ‘Evil Dead's’ Fede Alvarez for ‘A Man in the Dark’
- Hollywood Reporter: AFM: Sam Raimi, 'Evil Dead' Remake Director Reteam for Thriller 'A Man in the Dark'
- Rotten Tomatoes: News: Sam Raimi Sees A Man in the Dark
- MovieWeb: 'Evil Dead' Remake Team Reunite for 'A Man in the Dark'
- SlashFilm: ‘Evil Dead’ Remake Team Reunites for ‘A Man in the Dark’
- Chud: Dark Side Cinema: Witchy Watching
- Dark Horizons: "Evil Dead" Team Head Into "The Dark"
Jake Gyllenhaal reveals how he lost 20 pounds to turn into a "coyote" for Dan Gilroy's uniquely Los Angeleno thriller "Nightcrawler."http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/in-contention
- Entertainment Weekly: Box office preview: Jake Gyllenhaal’s ‘Nightcrawler’ creeps into theaters
- The Wrap: ‘Nightcrawler’ Review: Jake Gyllenhaal Astonishes in Extraordinary Thriller
- Latino Review: Exclusive Interview with Jake Gyllenhaal and Rene Russo for ‘Nightcrawler’
- The Playlist: Interview: Jake Gyllenhaal Talks ‘Nightcrawler,’ Robert Elswit As One Of The Movie's Stars & Rooting For Unlikable Characters
- Deadline: ‘Nightcrawler’, ‘Ouija’ To Pick Over Slim Halloween Pickings: Box Office Preview
- Shockya: Interview: Rene Russo on ‘Nightcrawler’ & Her Acting Break
- Rotten Tomatoes: News: Critics Consensus: Nightcrawler is Certified Fresh
- USA Today: Screening Room: 'Nightcrawler'
- MTV Movies Blog: 7 Things ‘Nightcrawler’ Is Not About
- BoxOfficeMojo: Analysis: 'Nightcrawler' to Race in to First Over Halloween Weekend
Switchblade sistersUntil recently, the adaptation of Seth Graeme-Smith’s Jane Austen-meets-horror genre-mash book Pride And Prejudice And Zombies has existed primarily as a project lingering in development limbo. But thanks to finally locking in a script and a director (Burr Steers) and a rash of casting, it’s in production and Entertainment Weekly has grabbed a first look image.
- Entertainment Weekly: Get an exclusive first look at ‘Pride and Prejudice and Zombies’
- Dread Central: Pride and Prejudice and Zombies – First Look at Cast
- Shock Till You Drop: First Photo from Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
- Horror-Movies.ca: First Look at ‘Pride and Prejudice and Zombies’
- SlashFilm: First Look: The Bennet Sisters Get a Horror Makeover in ‘Pride and Prejudice and Zombies’
- FirstShowing.net: First Look: Bennett Sisters Armed in 'Pride & Prejudice & Zombies'
- Coming Soon: The Bennet Sisters Assemble in the First Still from Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
- JoBlo: First look photo from the movie version of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
- The Playlist: First Look At 'Pride And Prejudice And Zombies' Is Big On Bonnets & Swords
- MovieWeb: First Look at 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies'!
We're definitely excited for 'Skull Island,' the upcoming King Kong prequel film from Legendary, the studio behind this year's 'Godzilla.' The film already had a script in place and is being directed by 'Kings of Summer' helmer Jordan Vogt-Roberts, but now it's getting a hand from screenwriter John Gatins, who was nominated for an Academy Award for the 2012 film 'Flight.' Continue reading…
- Deadline: King Kong Tale ‘Skull Island’ Gets Rewrite From ‘Flight’ Scribe John Gatins
- We Got This Covered: King Kong Prequel Skull Island Getting A Rewrite By John Gatins
- Rotten Tomatoes: News: Skull Island Getting a Rewrite
- Coming Soon: Legendary's Skull Island Gets a Rewrite from Academy Award Nominee John Gatins
- ScreenRant: ‘Skull Island’ Getting a Rewrite by ‘Flight’ Scribe John Gatins
- Badass Digest: Poor Max Borenstein Gets Rewritten Again On SKULL ISLAND
- Dark Horizons: "Skull Island," "Wicked" Get New Writers
- Comic Book Movie: KING KONG Origin Movie SKULL ISLAND Gets A New Writer
- MovieWeb: 'Skull Island' Brings on 'Need for Speed' Writer John Gatins
Paramount Pictures and Nickelodeon Movies have released the second trailer along with a new poster for "SpongeBob: Sponge Out of Water" starring Antonio Banderas, Tom Kenny, Clancy Brown, Rodger Bumpass, Bill Fagerbakke, Carolyn Lawrence, and Douglas Lawrence.SpongeBob SquarePants, the world’s favorite sea dwelling invertebrate, comes ashore to our world for his most super-heroic adventure yet.Have a look at the new trailer and poster below."SpongeBob: Sponge Out of Water" hits theaters on February 6, 2015.
- Digital Spy: Watch the new trailer for The SpongeBob Movie: A Sponge Out of Water
- FirstShowing.net: 'SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water' Gets New Trailer & Poster
- Coming Soon: New Trailer and Poster for The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water
- MovieWeb: Second 'Spongebob Movie: Sponge Out of Water' Trailer
- HitFix: SpongeBob Squarepants returns in new 'Out of Water' trailer and poster
- USA Today: Are ya ready kids? The new 'SpongeBob' live-action movie trailer has arrived
- Empire Magazine: New Poster And Trailer For The SpongeBob Movie
- JoBlo: Things get crazy in the international trailer for the new Spongebob movie
Jennifer Lawrence's "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1" set a record for advance ticket sales this year on both Fandango and MovieTickets.com, topping both "Divergent" and Marvel's "Guardians of the Galaxy."http://www.hitfix.com
- The Wrap: ‘Hunger Games: Mockingjay’ Advance Ticket Sales Explode
- USA Today: 'Mockingjay' rocks advance ticket sales
- Shockya: The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part One Gets Its Final Trailer
- We Got This Covered: The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1 Set To Burn Bright With $130-$150 Million Debut
- Comic Book Movie: THE HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY - Part 1 Will Have 2014's Biggest Opening
- Collider: THE HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY – PART 1 Tracking to Open at $130 – $150 Million
- MTV Movies Blog: These 11 ‘Hunger Games’ Tattoos Pay Tribute To Panem
UPDATE: She's no longer in talksUPDATE: Looks like her Wonder Woman gig has proved too conflicting for Ben-Hur. Scheduling issues means she's dropped out of talks for the Biblical epic. Though her Justice League duties – including the long-awaited solo Wonder Woman film that has just been confirmed – will keep her busy in the coming years, Gal Gadot isn’t just relying on superhero work to push her career along.
- We Got This Covered: Gal Gadot Declines Ben-Hur In Favour Of Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice
- Digital Spy: Gal Gadot drops out of Ben-Hur remake because of scheduling problems
- Dark Horizons: Gal Gadot Drops Out Of "Ben-Hur"
- The Wrap: ‘Batman v Superman’ Shoot Forces Gal Gadot to Pass on ‘Ben-Hur’ (Exclusive)
- Coming Soon: Gal Gadot Passes on Ben-Hur Due to DC Comics Comittments
- ScreenRant: ‘Justice League’ Movie Universe Forces Gal Gadot Out of ‘Ben-Hur’
- Hollywood Reporter: 'Batman v Superman' Schedule Forces Gal Gadot to Pass On 'Ben Hur'
Apparently "Before I Go to Sleep," a disastrous amnesia thriller starring Colin Firth and Nicole Kidman, was based on an internationally best-selling novel. It has been translated into 40 languages and racked up blockbuster numbers in France, Canada, Bulgaria, the Netherlands, and the United States. (And this was writer S.J.
- Rotten Tomatoes: News: Video: Nicole Kidman Loves Horror Movies and Kissing Colin Firth
- Long Island Newsday: 'Before I Go to Sleep' and four more films about amnesia
- Rotten Tomatoes: News: RT Podcast: Ep. 071 - New Movies & TV plus Jake Gyllenhaal & Nicole Kidman
- Collider: Hugh Jackman, Nicole Kidman and Dev Patel Set to Lead LION for The Weinstein Company
- The Playlist: Casting: Nicole Kidman Is A 'Lion,' Naomi Watts, Susan Sarandon & Elle Fanning Span 'Three Generations' & More
- Dread Central: Exclusive: Rowan Joffe Talks Before I Go to Sleep
- BoxOfficeMojo: Analysis: Forecast (cont.): 'Saw' Re-Release, 'Before I Go to Sleep'
He's part of a new horror anthologyHorror and, to a lesser extent, romance, have brought omnibus films back from the dead in recent years, with the likes of V/H/S and The ABCs Of Death proving successful (if not always reliably great).
- Deadline: Trick Or Treat? ‘Tales Of Halloween’ Horror Anthology Taps Neil Marshall, Darren Bousman & More – AFM
- We Got This Covered: Horror Anthology Tales Of Halloween Lands Neil Marshall, Darren Bousman And More
- Horror-Movies.ca: Horror Anthology ‘Tales of Halloween’ Taps Neil Marshall and More
- SlashFilm: ‘Tales of Halloween’ Horror Anthology Coming From Neil Marshall, Darren Bousman and More
- FirstShowing.net: Darren Bousman, Neil Marshall & More to Tell 'Tales of Halloween'
- Dread Central: Tales of Halloween Getting Set to Start Haunting!
A24 Alex Garland is an excellent writer. The screenwriter behind Never Let Me Go, 28 Days Later, Sunshine and Dredd has tremendous range, and the fact that he can go from breaking your heart with a tragic Kazuo Ishiguro adaptation to writing a ridiculously good action movie shows he has discovered few limits so far. Some may argue he has a problem landing third acts, but those final 30 minutes of Sunshine are completely built up to and valid. Seriously. Garland tackles high-concepts with real humanity, and his characters are generally as fascinating as his big ideas.
- Digital Spy: Domhnall Gleeson and Oscar Isaac star in first Ex Machina trailer
- The Wrap: Oscar Isaac Is Erasing the Line Between Man and Machine in First ‘Ex Machina’ Trailer (Video)
- MovieWeb: 'Ex Machina' Trailer Starring Oscar Isaac and Alicia Vikander
- MovieWeb: 'Most Violent Year' Poster with Jessica Chastain and Oscar Isaac
- Bleeding Cool: Ex Machina Trailer Released On-Line (UPDATE)
This year the Bible is going blockbuster, with two renowned directors taking up better-known stories of the holy book and elaborating on them to create big budget epics for the big screen.
- Fandango Movie Blog: News Briefs: Michael Bay Ready to Go to War; First, Spectacular 'Exodus: Gods and Kings' TV Spots
- USA Today: Trailer: 'Exodus: Gods and Kings'
- The Playlist: Watch: 2 Epic TV Spots For 'Exodus: Gods And Kings' Plus Interviews With Ridley Scott, Christian Bale & Joel Edgerton
- FirstShowing.net: Two 'Exodus: Gods & Kings' TV Spots Arrive with a Couple Interviews
- MovieWeb: 'Exodus: Gods and Kings' Ridley Scott Featurette and TV Spots
Abigail Spencer, Michael Irby and Leven Rambin also setThe cast for the second season of True Detective is several steps closer to completion.
- Deadline: ‘True Detective': Kelly Reilly, Michael Irby, Abigail Spencer, Leven Rambin Eye Roles
- We Got This Covered: Kelly Reilly, Abigail Spencer And Leven Ramblin Circling True Detective Season 2
- Moviefone: 'True Detective' Season 2 Adds Kelly Reilly, Abigail Spencer, Leven Rambin
- The Playlist: Kelly Reilly, Abigail Spencer, And Leven Rambin Headed To ‘True Detective’ Season 2
- Dark Horizons: Four More Join "True Detective" S2
Suit up and unleash the raw power of the advanced soldier in the live action trailer for Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare. Directed by Peter Berg and starring Taylor Kitsch and Emily Ratajkowski, fight your way through a series of enemy forces and discover new movements, capabilities and weaponry along the way in this heart-racing journey through 2059 Lagos. .
- FirstShowing.net: See Taylor Kitsch in Peter Berg's 'Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare' Ad
- We Got This Covered: Gone Girl’s Emily Ratajkowski Stars In New Live-Action Trailer For Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- MovieWeb: 'Call of Duty' Live Action Trailer Starring Taylor Kitsch
- Comic Book Movie: VIDEO GAMES: New HOTLINE MIAMI 2 Live-Action Short Asks "Do You Like To Hurt People?"
- Total Film: Jennifer Lawrence stars in final trailer for The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1: watch now
- IGN Movies: Check Out This Live Action Call of Duty Short
Elsa Mars’ act is bringing in some very interesting people. Neil Patrick Harris and husband David Burtka (HIMYM fans may know him as Scooter) have just signed on for guest roles on American Horror Story: Freak Show, while Lily Rabe is set to reprise the role of Sister Mary Eunice McKee from American Horror Story: Asylum. Hit the jump for details on the Neil Patrick Harris American Horror Story appearance and more. All three guest stars will appear near the end of the season. As reported by EW and TV Line, Rabe will show up in Episode 10, the winter cliffhanger.
- Dread Central: Lily Rabe Reprising Sister Mary Eunice for American Horror Story: Freak Show; See a Preview of Episode 4.05 – Pink Cupcakes
- Badass Digest: AMERICAN HORROR STORY: FREAK SHOW Review 1.04 “Edward Mordrake Part 2”
- Vulture: The Weirdest, Sexiest Costumes on American Horror Story: Freak Show
- Variety: Dean Norris to Guest Star on ‘American Dad’
Fans will greet Stephen Merchant‘s “Hello Ladies” once again on HBO, this time as “Hello Ladies: The Movie.” The canceled series will wrap up its loose ends when it debuts on the premium cable channel on Nov. 22. The film picks picks up at a point when Stuart (Merchant) learns that his British ex-girlfriend is planning to visit Los Angeles with her husband.
- The Playlist: Stephen Merchant's 'Hello Ladies' Returns To Wrap Things Up With 'Hello Ladies: The Movie' On HBO In November
- Moviefone: HBO Gave (Most of) the 'Game of Thrones' Cast a Huge Raise
- We Got This Covered: HBO Secures Game Of Thrones Stars For A Seventh Season
- Bleeding Cool: HBO Locks Up Game Of Thrones Principal Actors For Seventh Season
Christopher Nolan's latest is just a little over a week away, and there's some new videos online to help you wrap your mind around what's being presented in the movie. First up is a clip that sets the tone of the politics of the film. As we know, the Earth is absolutely ravaged and will no longer be able to sustain life. Ironically enough, our Government adopts the ridiculous notion that... Read More...
- Latino Review: First Clip from Nolan's 'Interstellar' Has Touched Down On The Web
- The Wrap: ‘Interstellar’ Clip: Matthew McConaughey Baffled Teachers Consider Spaceships ‘Useless Machines’ (Video)
- HitFix: Contender Countdown: The 'Interstellar' Best Picture quandary
- Screen Crush: The Wrap Up: Watch the First Clip From 'Interstellar'
The family of “Midnight Rider” camera assistant Sarah Jones, who was killed during filming, has dismissed Gregg Allman, executive producer Michael Lehman and Open Road Films as defendants in a wrongful death lawsuit. “The legal process is working and questions are being answered,” said Jones’ father, Richard Jones, in a statement Thursday.
While we have known since July that Star Wars: Episode VII director J.J. Abrams used IMAX cameras on the set, the filmmaker revealed to Variety that he only used the IMAX cameras for one action sequence. Here's what the director had to say in a brief statement about filming in IMAX."The benefits outweigh the headache of shooting on IMAX cameras. The opportunity to have an action sequence for this movie done in IMAX's natural format was too delicious an idea to pass up.
- SlashFilm: ‘Star Wars Episode VII’ Has One Action Scene Shot in IMAX
- Collider: J.J. Abrams Shot One Sequence in STAR WARS: EPISODE VII in IMAX
- FirstShowing.net: 'Star Wars: Episode VII' Has Just One Action Sequence Shot on IMAX
- JoBlo: J.J. Abrams' Star Wars: Episode VII has just one sequence shot in IMAX
There was a hot 20 minutes the other day before Marvel announced it's complete Phase 3 line-up that people were thinking it was going to be a big return home for Spider-Man, currently looking pretty broke and exhausted over in Sony Pictures land. I do no think that is possible. If you're Sony, why give away all that potential superhero franchise money to the people who OBVIOUSLY do not need their once-banner property back?
- Screen Crush: All-Female 'Spider-Man' Team Movie 'Glass Ceiling' in Development?
- We Got This Covered: Sony Rumoured To Be Developing All-Female Spider-Man Pic Glass Ceiling
- Hollywood Reporter: Stan Lee Media Precluded From Asserting 'Spider-Man' Ownership
- MovieWeb: Is an All-Female 'Spider-Man' Team-Up Movie Being Planned?
Daniel Radcliffe returns to movie theaters this weekend in Horns, in a movie that is certainly unlike any other you’ll find at the multiplex. In this adaptation of the novel by Joe Hill, Radcliffe stars as Ignatius "Ig" Perrish, a young man wrongly accused of murdering his girlfriend, Merrin (Juno Temple). Overwhelmed by his feelings of loss and anger, Ig wakes up one day and, without any explanation, he’s grown horns – and with them, gained powerful abilities that include seeing people’s transgressions and sins and even influencing their actions.
- The Wrap: ‘Horns’ Review: Daniel Radcliffe Embarks on a Devilish Pursuit of Justice
- Moviefone: 'Horns' Review: 10 Things You Should Know About Daniel Radcliffe's Devilish New Movie
- Deadline: Daniel Radcliffe Sports ‘Horns'; Jean-Luc Godard In 3D: Specialty Box Office Preview
- Screen Crush: Daniel Radcliffe On His 'Tonight Show' Rap: "One of the Coolest Things I've Ever Done"
Although we don't know for sure that Game Of Thrones will be renewed for a seventh season, given the show's immense popularity it seems pretty much a certainty. Taking that into account, THR report that the main cast members have renegotiated their contracts and signed on for the next season with a lot of extra coin in their pickets. In fact, according to the site this new deal would make them the highest paid actors on cable TV.
Warner Bros. Rumors of a third Pee-wee Herman movie — a trilogy-completer! — have persisted for years, but now it seems as if we might be mere days away from getting an announcement of the official variety. Pee-wee himself (Paul Reubens, if you’re feeling formal) hit The Tonight Show last night where, with a minimum of goading, he fessed up to host Jimmy Fallon that, yes, there’s a new Pee-wee movie (officially) in the works, and yes, he and producer Judd Apatow definitely have a director on board. Well, who is it, you little be-bow-tied man?
- Moviefone: Pee-Wee Herman Will Return to the Big Screen in Judd Apatow-Produced Flick (VIDEO)
- Long Island Newsday: Paul Reubens confirms 3rd Pee-wee Herman movie
- Digital Spy: Pee-wee Herman movie coming from Judd Apatow in 2015
Jon Bernthal, Catalina Sandino Moreno, Oscar Jaenada and Mehdi Dehbi will join Catherine Zeta-Jones in “The Godmother,” which Sierra/Affinity will be selling to international buyers at the American Film Market next month. Eva Sørhaug will direct from a screenplay by Frank Baldwin, and production will begin next spring. Oscar winner Zeta-Jones stars as the notorious Colombian drug queenpin Griselda Blanco, also known as “The Godmother of Cocaine.” Sierra/Affinity holds Blanco's life rights. Also read: ‘Furby’ Mashes Brad Pitt's ‘Fury’ With
The Supergirl TV show which recently landed at CBS is beginning to take shape. The high-profile DC Comics adaptation comes from the minds of Arrow executive producer Greg Berlanti and No Ordinary Family alum Ali Adler; a new casting breakdown reveals what their vision of Supergirl will look like if we get to watch it beyond a pilot episode. TV Line reports there are two lead roles that they’re... Read More...
- SlashFilm: CBS’ ‘Supergirl’ Casting Breakdown Reveals Plot Details and a New Character
- We Got This Covered: Supergirl TV Series Details Confirm New Origin Story
- Bleeding Cool: Casting For Supergirl Begins – What They Are Looking For
According to The Hollywood Reporter, AMC has successfully outbid other networks to partner with the BBC on "The Night Manager," which will either be a six- or eight-part miniseries based on the 1993 John le Carre novel starring Hugh Laurie and Tom Hiddleston
- Moviefone: Tom Hiddleston to Star in AMC Miniseries With Hugh Laurie
- We Got This Covered: AMC Wins Bidding War For The Night Manager
"Are you horny?" asks Juno Temple of Daniel Radcliffe in one of the more tranquil moments in this goofy yet sincere adaptation of Joe Hill's (by all accounts) quite good novel, Horns. Two lovers, Iggy and Merrin, lay like Yin and Yang across a spread blanket in the leafy Washington State forest, their own little eden. They kiss while the camera looks on from heaven only to have it then quickly drill down into the ground to look up from Hell as we learn that, shortly after their playful kiss, Merrin is murdered and Iggy is kind of the chief suspect.
The Oscar nominated director of JUNO and UP IN THE AIR, Jason Reitman, will now lend his skills to the small screen in a new series entitled Casual for the Hulu network. Casual will be a ten episode, single-camera, half-hour comedy series that will follow the story of a dysfunctional family consisting of a bachelor brother and his newly divorced sister. Together, they will coach each other... Read More...
- The Playlist: Jason Reitman Will Produce & Direct TV Series ‘Casual’ At Hulu
- USA Today: Reitman has 'Casual' affair set for Hulu
A Most Violent Year, the latest from writer/director J.C. Chandor (Margin Call, All is Lost) has just released its final poster and you can check out the new design in the gallery viewer below.
Earlier this year it was announced that Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter and Dark Shadows scribe Seth Grahame-Smith has plans to make his directorial debut with a new big screen adaptation of Ray Bradbury's novel, Something Wicked This Way Comes. The Hollywood Reporter today brings word that Wrath of the Titans screenwriter David Leslie Johnson is now set to draft the project for Walt Disney Pictures.
It might be advisable for Eddie Redmayne and Felicity Jones to stock up on a dozen or suits and dresses, because the way things are going with "The Theory of Everything," they're going to have a lot of awards season dinners and parties to attend. Today we have some good peeks at the movie that will be making a serious run at the Oscars. Directed by James Marsh ("Man On Wire"), the biopic tells the story of renowned astrophysicist Stephen Hawking, and his deep romance with fellow Cambridge student Jane Wilde.
- Thompson on Hollywood: Watch: Eddie Redmayne & Felicity Jones Reveal Terrors Filming 'Theory of Everything' (Exclusive Video)
- USA Today: Trailer: 'The Theory of Everything'
This is a reprint of our review from the 2014 Venice Film Festival. "Olive Kitteridge" debuts on HBO on November 2nd. So that’s that then—the best film at the Venice Film Festival, in terms of providing a great central female role (which have been in shocking short supply, at least in the selection we’ve seen so far), is not a film at all.
An English language remake of Takeshi Furusawa's 2006 horror thriller Ghost Train is on the way. All Nippon Entertainment Works today announced that they have partnered with Depth of Field Productions and Shochiku for the story of a mysterious force that invades an underground commuter train and terrifies its passengers.
- Shock Till You Drop: Writers Come Aboard Ghost Train Remake, Produced By American Pie Team
- Dread Central: Ghost Train Travels to the West
Fans of Arrested Development who wished for a little something more when it came to Season 4 might be in luck. I would like to emphasize the word ‘might’ though and you’ll soon know why. Season 4 of AD seemed like a very different show for many viewers and understandably so considering the longer runtime made for some unnecessary scenes. Not to mention a lot of the filming was done around the... Read More...
How much would you sacrifice for stardom? The night before Halloween brings the trailer for the indie horror flick 'Starry Eyes,' which has made quite the impression on the festival circuit this year, playing at fests like SXSW and Fantasia. Starring newcomer Alexandra Essoe, the film follows a young, aspiring actress starving for fame, whose life changes in startling and horrifying ways when she lands the lead in a horror film that demands a bit much from her. Continue reading…
Just like that, Halloween is upon us. This year, you'll have an entire weekend to get into the ghoulish spirit of things. And among the festivities you have planned, you might want to add "ABCs Of Death 2" to your movie marathon of scare flicks, because the omnibus film, featuring 26 horror shorts, will likely have more than a few segments that will send a chill down your spine. And today, we have an exclusive preview of one of the highlights. "R For Roulette" comes from "Blood Glacier" director Marvin Kren, and it stands out in a few ways.
Disney has released hi-res versions of previously released Into the Woods images along with a couple new stills as well. The Disney production stars James Corden (Begin Again) and Emily Blunt as a Baker and his wife who venture into the woods to confront the witch (Meryl Streep) responsible for putting a curse on the childless couple. Along the way, they run into a number of familiar fairy tale characters including Cinderella (Anna Kendrick), her Prince (Chris Pine), Red Riding Hood (Lilla Crawford), Rapunzel (Mackenzie Mauzy), and the Wolf (Johnny Depp). I really liked the extended feature
- USA Today: Trailer: 'Into the Woods'
When we offered you our Captain Marvel primer, we left out one important and obvious question: Who should play Captain Marvel? It’s something we’ll be asking ourselves until Marvel officially confirms a lead. Considering Captain Marvel doesn’t arrive until 2018, that may not be for some time yet.
No, just because Michael Bay has been at the helm of every single overlong explosion-laden film in the Transformers franchise, that doesn't mean he's making a 13-hour movie. Instead, THR reports 13 Hours is surprisingly a political drama focusing on the September 11th, 2012 terrorist attack against the U.S. State Department Special Mission Compound in Benghazi.
- Rotten Tomatoes: News: Michael Bay Mulling Benghazi Movie
Earlier this week, Marvel Studios announced that the third Captain America movie will adapt the 2006 crossover limited series, "Civil War" by writer Mark Millar and artist Steve McNiven. In "Civil War," Captain America and Iron Man infamously found themselves on opposite sides of the Superhuman Registration Act as the superhero community rallied behind both men and events pit them and their respective followers against each other.
A human trafficking dramaShe’s more usually found tracking down criminals as Joan Watson on US TV’s Sherlock Holmes show Elementary these days, but for a new indie drama, she’ll be stepping to the other side of the law, albeit for desperate reasons, in Snakehead.Evan Jackson Leong is set to direct the film based on his script, which follows a Chinese immigrant who arrives on the streets of New York without a cent to her name, she’s desperate to reunite with her daughter.
Moviegoers will have to stow their camera-toting wearables in theaters or risk being asked to leave. The Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA) and the National Association of Theatre Owners (NATO) announced a “zero-tolerance” ban against wearable devices such as Google Glass, according to the NATO blog.
- FirstShowing.net: Google Glass Now Officially Banned by MPAA in All US Movie Theaters
On the latest episode of Smodcast, writer/director Kevin Smith offered up a significant Clerks III update. One bit of news was that Smith’s podcast guest, Jeff Anderson, will return to play Randal in the film. The pair also discussed the entire trilogy. Anderson talked about his thoughts upon reading the script, Smith discussed the eventual tone of the film, and he revealed the first ten minutes will be shot in black and white.
SyFy has released the first trailer for their new series 12 Monkeys based on the Bruce Willis film from 1995. The new series follows Cole (Aaron Stanford) as he is sent back in time from 2043 to find and stop the source of a plague that will annihilate the human race. The Series also stars Amanda Schull,Kirk Acevedo, Barbara Sukowa and Noah Bean. 12 Monkeys airs January 16th. SyFy Releases Trailer For New 12 Monkeys Series
- Dread Central: Syfy Releases an Extended Trailer for 12 Monkeys
There is plenty to be excited for as we begin the quick march out of 2014. Marvel and DC have both released timelines for their future superhero movies and it looks like they have managed to fill up the next five years of our lives with great content! Download the image here. Which movie(s) are you most excited for? Tell us in the comments below. Ryan Palmer is IGN's Community Developer. He enjoys doodling, video games, and anything dinosaurs. You can also follow his randomness on Twitter.Continue reading…
- Comic Book Movie: POLL: Marvel v DC; Who Has The Better Upcoming Comic Book Movie Slate?
When Marvel Studios revealed the Phase 3 plans for their growing cinematic universe, it took the world by surprise. Fans had long expected more fantastical (Doctor Strange) and diverse (Black Panther, Captain Marvel) movies to be on the docket – but few saw something as big as a two-part MCU crossover event coming. However, that’s just what we’re getting with Avengers: Infinity War in summers 2018 and 2019, respectively. As always, these Marvel Studios movies carry a lot of comic book backstory with them.
- Hollywood Reporter: Marvel Comics Changes Credits in Wake of Jack Kirby Settlement
There's nothing too reveaing in this interview (the next time you speak to the director of one of the most highly anticipated comic book movies of all-time, it might be nice to slip in just one or two questions about the movie itself) with Zack Snyder, but his comments on Detroit and how he feels about the fans trying to spoil Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice with set photos and spoilers are still very interesting.
While it may seem like everyone in the world has sexy, bacchanalian plans for Halloween, not everyone's been invited to a Super Spooktacular HellaRave hosted by Tupac's Hologram (thank you for that one, NBC's Marry Me). No, some folks actually like spending time indoors, lights out, scaring the wits out of themselves with horror flicks. And while we here at IGN already listed all the new October movies on both Netflix and Amazon Prime, there's a fairly sweet back catalogue of horror available for streaming other than the films that were released this month. Continue reading…
These days part of the fun of watching a movie in theaters or at home with the ability to freeze frames, is finding the hidden Easter eggs hidden within. For the history buffs out there, the origin of the cinematic Easter egg dates back to THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW. Supposedly one day on the set, the cast decided to have a traditional Easter egg hunt, as you do, but some of the eggs were never found... Read More...
- Comic Book Movie: THE FLASH Season 1, Episode 6 Synopsis; "The Flash is Born"
- Comic Book Movie: ARROW Season 3, Episode 7 Synopsis; "Draw Back Your Bow"