Top Movie News for November 24, 2014
“Star Wars” fans in 18 different states plus two locations in Canada will be the first to see the teaser trailer for “Star Wars: The Force Awakens,” the highly anticipated seventh installment of the iconic sci-fi franchise. Starting Friday morning, 30 movie theaters across the country will play the 88-second teaser ahead of every movie at chains including AMC, Regal, Cinemark and more participating. Also read: 21 Movie Sequels That Took Forever to Hit the Big Screen (Photos) In Los Angeles, the AMC Century City will have the trailer, as will Disney's own El Capitan
- Collider: STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS Trailer Confirmed to Play This Weekend in Front of All Movies at Select Theaters [Updated with Note from Abrams]
- Deadline: UPDATE: ‘Star Wars’ Thanksgiving Teaser To Bring Force To 30 U.S. Theaters
- Entertainment Weekly: (Updated) Find out where to watch the ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ trailer this weekend
- Moviefone: UPDATE: 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Trailer Will Debut This Week -- But Only in These Theaters (PHOTO)
- The Playlist: 'Star Wars: Episode VII — The Force Awakens' Trailer Hits Theaters This Friday
- Comic Book Movie: UPDATE: First STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS Trailer Debuts In Theaters This Friday
- MovieWeb: 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Trailer Debuts in Theaters Friday!
- ScreenRant: ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Trailer Launches Friday in Select Theaters [Re-Updated]
- Bleeding Cool: Star Wars: The Force Awakens Trailer To Debut Friday In Select Theaters
- Collider: Full Theater List Released for STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS Trailer; Will Show in 30 Theaters across North America
- Digital Spy: Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer to debut in US cinemas on Friday
- Badass Digest: The STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS Trailer Debuts Friday… But Where?
- Hollywood Reporter: 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens': Here's Where to See the First Teaser
- Mania: Star Wars The Force Awakens Teaser Trailer Screening Details
- We Got This Covered: Star Wars: The Force Awakens Trailer To Debut Friday In Select Theatres
- Cinema Blend: Full Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens Theater List
- Badass Digest: Will The STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS Trailer Be As Good As The STUNT ROCK Trailer?
- MTV Movies Blog: Find Out Where You Can See The ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Trailer
- Empire Magazine: First Star Wars: The Force Awakens Trailer To Arrive This Week
- SlashFilm: ‘Star Wars The Force Awakens’ Trailer Arrives Friday; Full Theater List Here
- JoBlo: The new Star Wars trailer will be screened in select theaters this weekend!
- HitFix: 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' trailer: J.J. Abrams offers a big reveal
- Variety: ‘Star Wars’ Trailer to Debut at Regal Theaters on Friday
- Cinema Blend: The Star Wars 7 Trailer WIll Be Shown At These 9 Theaters
- Thompson on Hollywood: How to See the First 'Star Wars' Trailer This Weekend
- IGN Movies: List of Theaters for Star Wars Trailer Revealed
- Badass Digest: The First STAR WARS Spin-Off Could Be Bounty Hunterrific
- Dark Horizons: "Star Wars" Trailer Hitting Select Cinemas
- AintItCool: Could This Be The Plot to Gareth Edwards’ STAR WARS Film??
- We Got This Covered: Rumored Plot For Gareth Edwards’ Star Wars Spinoff Points To A Galactic Heist Movie
- Hollywood Reporter: J.J. Abrams Teases 88 Second 'Star Wars: Episode VII' Trailer
- Dark Horizons: "Star Wars" First Spin-Off Plot Rumors
- USA Today: New 'Star Wars' trailer to debut in cinemas Friday
- Variety: Showtime Sets Thanksgiving Weekend Marathons of ‘Homeland,’ ‘The Affair’
- Cinema Blend: The 2016 Star Wars Spinoff Movie Will Probably Be A Heist, Get The Details
- Hollywood Reporter: 'Star Wars' Flashback: What Happened When the 'Phantom Menace' Teaser Debuted
- USA Today: How to get your family to see the 'Star Wars' trailer
- The Playlist: Listen: 50-Minute Podcast Discussing The $37 Billion Empire Of The 'Star Wars' Franchise
- SlashFilm: Rumor: 2016 Star Wars Spin-Off Movie Plot Revealed
- Collider: Rumor: STAR WARS Spin-Off Plot Is a Heist Film Involving Bounty Hunters and the Death Star
- Comic Book Movie: SPOILER ALERT! Plot Of Gareth Edwards' STAR WARS Spinoff Sounds A Lot Like SUICIDE SQUAD
- MovieWeb: 2016 'Star Wars' Spinoff Plot Details Revealed?
- Screen Crush: The 'Star Wars' Spin-Off Plot Has Been Revealed (Possibly, Maybe)
- Latino Review: 'Star Wars' Spin-Off Film Is About Bounty Hunters? CONFIRMED: 'Episode VII' Trailer Hits This Friday!
- ScreenRant: ‘Star Wars’ Rumor: 2016 Spinoff Film Plot Revealed
- Comic Book Movie: J.J. Abrams Confirms STAR WARS EPISODE VII Trailer (And Reveals How Long It Will Be)
- The Wrap: ‘Star Wars’ Actor Oscar Isaac to Play Villain in ‘X-Men: Apocalypse’
- FirstShowing.net: Rumor: First 'Star Wars' Spin-Off to Focus on Death Star Plans Heist
- IGN Movies: Rumor: Star Wars 2016's Plot Revealed
- Screen Crush: 'Star Wars: Episode 7′ Star Oscar Isaac to Play the Title Villain in 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
- Comic Book Movie: STAR WARS EPISODE VII's Oscar Isaac To Play Titular Villain In X-MEN: APOCALYPSE
- JoBlo: Here is the potential plot for Gareth Edwards' standalone Star Wars film
- MovieWeb: J.J. Abrams Confirms 'Star Wars 7' Trailer Premiere and Runtime
- SlashFilm: Page 2: Star Wars, Alien, Harry Potter, SNL, GI Joe, Indiana Jones, Hunger Games, Korra, Jon Stewart, Big Hero 6, Tron
Though Tom Hardy was rumored to be in the running to play the title villain in the next installment of the X-Men franchise, the role has gone to one of the cast members of Star Wars: The Force Awakens (which will unleash a teaser trailer this weekend). Variety reports that 20th Century Fox has signed Oscar Isaac (Inside Llewyn Davis, A Most Violent Year) to play the villain Apocalypse in the aptly titled X-Men: Apocalypse, already slated for release on May 27th, 2016.
- Deadline: Oscar Isaac To Play Villain In ‘X-Men: Apocalypse
- Variety: Oscar Isaac to Play Villain in ‘X-Men: Apocalypse’
- We Got This Covered: Oscar Isaac To Play The Villain In X-Men: Apocalypse
- Entertainment Weekly: Oscar Isaac to play ‘X-Men: Apocalypse’ villain
- Moviefone: Oscar Isaac to Play Titular Villain in 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
- Collider: Oscar Isaac to Play Villain Apocalypse in X-MEN: APOCALYPSE
- MovieWeb: 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Casts Oscar Isaac as the Title Villain
- Hollywood Reporter: Oscar Isaac Nabs Villain Role in 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
- Digital Spy: Oscar Isaac joins X-Men: Apocalypse as main villain
- JoBlo: Oscar Isaac cast as the titular villain in X-Men: Apocalypse
- SlashFilm: Oscar Isaac Joins ‘X-Men: Apocalypse’ as Villain
- The Playlist: Oscar Isaac Lands Villain Role In 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
- ScreenRant: Oscar Isaac Cast As X-Men: Apocalypse’s Main Villain
- Badass Digest: Oscar Isaac Is Apocalypse In X-MEN: APOCALYPSE
- Rotten Tomatoes: News: X-Men: Apocalypse Casts Oscar Isaac As Apocalypse
- Dark Horizons: Oscar Isaac Is Apocalypse In "X-Men"
- Latino Review: Oscar Isaac is 'X-Men: Apocalypse's Villain
- HitFix: Oscar Isaac will end the world as the main bad guy in 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
- IGN Movies: Oscar Isaac Is X-Men’s Apocalypse
- Cinema Blend: X-Men: Apocalypse Just Cast Its Main Villain, Get The Specifics
- Vulture: 5 Things to Know About Apocalypse, the New X-Men Movie Villain
- Empire Magazine: Oscar Isaac Is Apocalypse
- MTV Movies Blog: ‘X-Men’ Sequel Uncancels The Apocalypse And Casts Its Villain
- AintItCool: Seems the X-Men franchise has found its Apocalypse!
- Mania: Apocalypse Cast for X-Men: Apocalypse
- Screen Crush: Comic Strip: Casting Updates for 'Suicide Squad,' 'X-Men: Apocalypse,' and 'Jessica Jones'
- ScreenRant: ‘James Bond 24′: Christoph Waltz to Play Bond Villain Blofeld?
- IGN Movies: Daily Deals: Avengers, X-Men: Days of Future Past, Sonos Sale, Star Trek: TNG, Sunset Overdrive
- SlashFilm: Geek Deals: X-Men: Days of Future Past Blu-ray, The Shield, Person Of Interest and $1.99 DVDs
Warner Bros new take on the Peter Pan story is more of an origin of Peter (Levi Miller) and instead of being chased by Captain Hook, the villain is Blackbeard (Hugh Jackman) who has his own flying pirate ship. Garrett Hedlund plays Hook, except he is not a captain nor does he have a hook yet. EW has these first look images from the movie Pan. First Images Of Hugh Jackman As Blackbeard In Pan
- Moviefone: Here's Your First Look at Hugh Jackman as Blackbeard in 'Pan' (PHOTOS)
- Comic Book Movie: UPDATE: First Official PAN Stills Reveal Hugh Jackman As 'Blackbeard'
- Collider: First PAN Images Show a Screaming Hugh Jackman as Blackbeard in Joe Wright’s PETER PAN Prequel [Updated with New Posters]
- HitFix: Hugh Jackman is Blackbeard in first images from 'Pan'
- Latino Review: First Look at Hugh Jackman As the Villainous Blackbeard in 'Pan'
- MovieWeb: Hugh Jackman Unveiled as Blackbeard in First 'Pan' Photos
- ScreenRant: ‘Pan’ Images & Posters Feature Hugh Jackman’s Blackbeard [Updated]
- Dark Horizons: First Photos: Hugh Jackman In "Pan"
- Digital Spy: First look at Hugh Jackman, Levi Miller in new Peter Pan movie
- SlashFilm: First Look: Hugh Jackman and Levi Miller in Joe Wright’s ‘Pan’
- MTV Movies Blog: See Hugh Jackman’s Hardcore Pirate Look From ‘Pan’
- FirstShowing.net: First Look: Hugh Jackman & Flying Pirate Ships in 'Joe Wright's 'Pan'
- JoBlo: Check out the first pictures of Hugh Jackman in Joe Wright's Pan
- The Playlist: First Look: Images & Poster For Joe Wright's Fairy Tale Prequel 'Pan' Starring Hugh Jackman
- The Wrap: See Hugh Jackman, Rooney Mara, Garrett Hedlund in Eye-Popping ‘Pan’ First Look (Photos)
- Cinema Blend: See Hugh Jackman Rock A Sweet Mustache In Pan's First Images
- Screen Crush: The Wrap Up: 'Pan' Reveals a First Look at Hugh Jackman's as a Weird Pirate
- Comic Book Movie: PAN: 'Blackbeard', 'Tiger Lilly' & 'Hook' Character Posters
- We Got This Covered: First Images For Joe Wright’s Pan Unveil A Novel Rendition Of Neverland
- AintItCool: Some Shots From Joe Wright’s PAN!!
- Mania: First Look: Pan's Blackbeard
- Empire Magazine: Pan Images Fly Online
A few weeks ago we reported that ‘Breaking Bad’ director and producer Michelle MacLaren was in talks to take the helm on WB’s ‘Wonder Woman’ film, which was incredibly exciting news on its own. Today brings word that MacLaren has officially signed on to not only direct, but also formally develop the film, working with the writers to bring the iconic superhero to the big screen in her own solo movie. Continue reading…
- Hollywood Reporter: Michelle MacLaren Signs to Develop and Direct 'Wonder Woman' Movie (Exclusive)
- Variety: Michelle MacLaren Set as Director of ‘Wonder Woman’
- Deadline: Michelle MacLaren Inks ‘Wonder Woman’ Gig
- Badass Digest: Great Hera! Michelle MacLaren Directing WONDER WOMAN
- Entertainment Weekly: Michelle MacLaren signs on to direct ‘Wonder Woman’
- Chud: Michelle MacLaren Will Direct WB’s ‘Wonder Woman’
- We Got This Covered: Michelle MacLaren Confirmed To Direct Wonder Woman
- IndieWire: Who's Michelle MacLaren? TV's Most Bad-Ass Female Director Set for 'Wonder Woman'
- JoBlo: Michelle MacLaren signs on to direct and develop Wonder Woman
- The Wrap: Michelle MacLaren Closes Deal to Develop and Direct ‘Wonder Woman’
- Collider: Michelle MacLaren Will Develop and Direct WONDER WOMAN; Zack Snyder to Produce
- Comic Book Movie: Michelle MacLaren Set To Helm WONDER WOMAN; Zack Snyder Attached As Producer
- HitFix: Praise Hera: 'Wonder Woman' lassos 'Breaking Bad's' Michelle MacLaren to direct
- Bleeding Cool: Michelle MacLaren To Direct Gal Gadot As Wonder Woman
- Empire Magazine: Michelle MacLaren Confirmed As Wonder Woman's Director
- IGN Movies: Breaking Bad Director Set for Wonder Woman
When we first heard the rumor that Christoph Waltz may be up for the villain role in BOND 24, you could say we were a bit excited. The Oscar winning actor has proven to be a great talent on screen, especially as bad guys in INGLOURIOUS BASTERDS and GREEN HORNET amongst others. But, what would you say if that villain role was one of the most iconic Bond bad guys of all time? While The Daily Mail is not exactly the... Read More...
- Mania: Christoph Waltz for BLOFELD?! - Bond Rumor
- Screen Crush: Rumor: Christoph Waltz is Playing Blofeld in 'Bond 24'
- We Got This Covered: Is Christoph Waltz Playing Ernst Stavro Blofeld In Bond 24?
- Cinema Blend: Here's Who Christoph Waltz Will Probably Play In Bond 24
- Comic Book Movie: Christoph Waltz Is Playing 'Blofeld' In BOND 24?
- Collider: Christoph Waltz May Be Playing Blofeld in BOND 24
- MovieWeb: 'James Bond 24': Christoph Waltz Cast as Iconic Villain Blofeld?
- Bleeding Cool: More On Who Christoph Waltz Is Playing In Bond 24
- Dark Horizons: Blofeld Rumors Re-Emerge For "Bond 24"
- Dark Horizons: "Bond 24" To Shoot Around Rome
- Comic Book Movie: BOND 24 Is Headed To Rome
- Latino Review: Bond 24 To Shoot Scenes In Rome
Ahead of the video release, the former "Twilight" star walks us through receiving the bad news.
- Screen Crush: 'Expendables 4′ Will Return to R Rating, Possibly Include Time Travel
- SlashFilm: ‘The Expendables 4′ Will Be R-Rated Says Sylvester Stallone
- Dark Horizons: Fourth "Expendables" To Be R-Rated
- Digital Spy: Sylvester Stallone regrets 'miscalculated' PG-13 rating for Expendables 3
- Cinema Blend: Sylvester Stallone Finally Admits The Expendables Made This Huge Mistake
- We Got This Covered: Sylvester Stallone Says The Expendables 4 Will Be R Rated
- Rotten Tomatoes: News: New on DVD & Blu-Ray: The Expendables 3, The Giver, and The November Man
- Collider: Sylvester Stallone Says THE EXPENDABLES 4 Will Be More Violent; Admits The PG-13 Rating For THE EXPENDABLES 3 Was a Mistake
- JoBlo: Sylvester Stallone is certain Expendables 4 will be rated R
- MovieWeb: 'Expendables 4' Will Be Rated R Promises Sylvester Stallone
- JoBlo: Exclusive "Total Action Package" featurette for The Expendables 3
- FirstShowing.net: Sylvester Stallone Says 'The Expendables 4' Will Surely Be R-Rated
The sudden loss of Mike Nichols last week shook Hollywood. The filmmaker, comic, writer, and producer was not only a hugely influential presence at the movies, on television, and on the stage, he was widely regarded as simply one of the finest people around.
- Thompson on Hollywood: Read Aaron Sorkin's Tribute to Mike Nichols
- Hollywood Reporter: Mike Nichols Remembered: Emma Thompson, Rita Moreno on Working With the Director
- Hollywood Reporter: Tom Stoppard on Mike Nichols: "The Pleasantest Person to Be With"
- Hollywood Reporter: Aaron Sorkin on Mike Nichols: "The Most Talented Person I Have Ever Known"
- Hollywood Reporter: 'Birdcage' Actor Dan Futterman Recalls Mike Nichols Breaking Into Fits of Giggles on Set
- Hollywood Reporter: Morgan Freeman Reveals the Phrase That "Exemplifies" Mike Nichols
- Hollywood Reporter: Glenn Close Reveals Mike Nichols' Final, "Touching" Words to Her
- Hollywood Reporter: How Mikhail Igor Peschkowsky Became Mike Nichols: A Timeline
- Entertainment Weekly: This is what Angelina Jolie does when she’s nervous
- Deadline: How ‘The Lego Movie’ Is Like A ‘Brick Movie’: Phil Lord and Christopher Miller
When the biggest box office opening of the year is seen as underwhelming, you know the bar was set very high. Lionsgate Entertainment stock dipped again Monday to $33.10 per share, after falling five percent on Friday, in the wake of the $121.8 million opening of “The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1.” That's because even though it set a new standard, the third entry in the franchise came in under the projections of the studio and analysts, and well below the $150 million-plus debuts of the previous two films. See photos: 'The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1' Premiere
- Hollywood Reporter: Lionsgate Analysts Upbeat After 'The Hunger Games: Mockingjay' Weekend Box-Office Haul
- Vulture: Did The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1 End in the Right Place? and Other Questions
- Hollywood Reporter: Listen to Jennifer Lawrence Sing "The Hanging Tree" for 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1'
- ScreenRant: ‘Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1′: Mahershala Ali’s Wu-Tang Inspiration for Boggs
- MTV Movies Blog: ‘The Hunger Games’ Power Rankings: Who Was The ‘Mockingjay’ Victor?
- Twitch: Twitchvision: Jason Gorber Talks HUNGER GAMES, HOMESMAN, Mike Nichols and Much More!
- MTV Movies Blog: There Might Be More ‘Hunger Games’ Movies On The Way: Here’s Why
- Vulture: What Is the Origin of Mockingjay’s Haunting Song, ‘The Hanging Tree’?
- USA Today: Jennifer Lawrence's haunting song in 'Mockingjay Part 1'
- Deadline: ‘Mockingjay’ Flies In A Tad Lower In Weekend B.O. Actuals
20th Century Fox just released a brand new Exodus: Gods and Kings featurette in which director Ridley Scott states the obvious, that his latest is epic in scale, but the studio also just unveiled two new clips that offer up a taste of some of the quieter, more intimate moments of the film. The first gives us our first good look at Maria Valverde’s Zipporah as she runs through what makes Moses (Christian Bale) happy – while her bracelets jingle incessantly – and then the second shows what happens when you lie to Ramses (Joel Edgerton). They’re both quality clips, but I also can’t say there’
- The Playlist: Watch: 2 Clips And 2 New Featurettes For Ridley Scott's 'Exodus: Gods and Kings'
- We Got This Covered: Christian Bale Confesses He Was Initially Jealous Of Ben Affleck’s Batman
- Dark Horizons: Christian Bale Jealous Of Affleck's Batman
- Moviefone: Christian Bale Was Bummed When Ben Affleck Was Cast as Batman
- The Playlist: Christian Bale Admits He Was Initially "Jealous" When Ben Affleck Was Cast As Batman
- MTV Movies Blog: This Is The Tragic Tale Of Christian Bale Finding Out About Batfleck
- Screen Crush: Christian Bale Got Super Jealous When He Heard Ben Affleck Was Playing Batman
- Latino Review: Christian Bale Had A Moment When Affleck Was Cast As Batman
- ScreenRant: Christian Bale Is A Little Jealous of Ben Affleck Playing Batman
Do not drink the lemonadeOne trailer for DreamWorks Animation’s new extra-terrestrial comedy adventure Home arrived online back in June. Here’s the new promo, which once again plays up the buddy bonding aspects between the main alien critter and his new human friend. And a cat…Home, adapted from Adam Rex’s book The True Meaning Of Smekday, finds Steve Martin as Captain Smek, the overly confident leader of the Boov. When they arrive and successfully conquer the Earth, all but a handful of humans are relocated.
- Thompson on Hollywood: Streaming Service Acorn TV Scores with Postwar Dramas 'A Place to Call Home,' 'Serangoon Road'
- Dark Horizons: Full Trailer: Dreamworks Animation's "Home"
- Dread Central: At the Devil’s Door and Cam2Cam Head to Home Video
- Latino Review: Sneak Peek DreamWorks 'Home'
- Latino Review: New Trailer for DreamWorks Animation 'Home'
- FirstShowing.net: Jim Parsons Hides on Earth in Second Full Trailer for Animated 'Home'
- MovieWeb: Second 'Home' Trailer Starring Rihanna and Jim Parsons
Several weeks after Colin Farrell and Vince Vaughn were announced as two of the four leads for True Detective Season 2, the other two main cast members have been finally been confirmed. Taylor Kitsch and Rachel McAdams will play detectives Paul Woodrugh and Ani Bezzerides, while Kelly Reilly joins the cast as Jordan, wife of Frank Semyon (Vaughn). Get the latest True Detective Season 2 cast info, including new plot details, after the jump. HBO revealed the True Detective Season 2 cast details in a press release.
- Deadline: ‘True Detective’ Co-Stars Taylor Kitsch, Rachel McAdams, Kelly Reilly Confirmed By HBO For Season 2
- Variety: ‘True Detective’: Rachel McAdams, Taylor Kitsch, Kelly Reilly Confirmed for Season 2
- We Got This Covered: HBO Finally Confirms Rachel McAdams, Taylor Kitsch And Kelly Reilly For True Detective Season 2
- IndieWire: Why Rachel McAdams Needs 'True Detective' (And So Does Taylor Kitsch)
- Moviefone: Rachel McAdams & Taylor Kitsch Officially Confirmed for 'True Detective' Season 2
- JoBlo: Main cast of True Detective season 2 confirmed including Taylor Kitsch
- The Playlist: New Character And Plot Details Emerge For 'True Detective' Season 2 As More Cast Members Confirmed
Alexandre Desplat is admired for his classicist approach, but computers play a major part in his soundtracks. Here, the six-time Academy Award-nominated composer reveals how computers helped generate his 'Imitation Game' score.http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/in-contention
- Variety: ‘The Imitation Game’ To Open Capri-Hollywood Film Fest
- IndieWire: Review: Benedict Cumberbatch Carries Uneven WWII Drama 'The Imitation Game'
- We Got This Covered: Exclusive Interview With Matthew Goode And Allen Leech On The Imitation Game
- Moviefone: Weekend Movies & TV: 'The Imitation Game,' 'Penguins of Madagascar,' & More
- Screen Crush: Matthew Goode on 'The Imitation Game' and Benedict Cumberbatch No Longer Complaining About His Career
- FirstShowing.net: Can You Solve This Puzzle Hidden in the New 'Imitation Game' Trailer?
- Screen Crush: 'The Imitation Game' Is a Movie About a Unique Genius, That is Anything But Unique
We already know that ‘Captain America: Civil War’ will stir some conflict between Iron Man and Captain America, and that Daniel Bruhl has recently been added to the mix as a mysterious villain in the film that will kickstart Marvel’s massive Civil War storyline in the studio’s third phase. And now ‘The Winter Soldier’ star Frank Grillo is teasing his return for the upcoming sequel, seeking to further complicate things for our heroes. Continue reading…
- JoBlo: Frank Grillo teases the return of Crossbones in Captain America: Civil War
- Entertainment Weekly: Frank Grillo talks Crossbones’ return in ‘Captain America: Civil War’
- We Got This Covered: Frank Grillo Speaks On Crossbones’ Return In Captain America: Civil War
- Comic Book Movie: Frank Grillo MAY Make an Appearance in CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR
- MovieWeb: Frank Grillo Will Return as Crossbones in 'Captain America 3'
- IGN Movies: Crossbones May Appear in Captain America: Civil War
The Thomas Hardy novel Far From the Madding Crowd has been adapted into a lush film by Thomas Vinterberg, who gained international notice as part of Lars von Trier’s Dogme 95 crowd and most recently made The Hunt. Carey Mulligan stars as the very independent woman Bathsheba Everdene, while Matthias Schoenaerts, Tom Sturridge, and Michael Sheen play the three very different men who come into her life as suitors.
- Digital Spy: Watch Carey Mulligan in first Far from the Madding Crowd teaser trailer
- Badass Digest: Teaser: FAR FROM THE MADDING CROWD Takes On Thomas Hardy
- Thompson on Hollywood: Watch: Carey Mulligan Is Hardy's Everdeen in First 'Far From the Madding Crowd' Trailer
- HitFix: Carey Mulligan sings a sweet ditty in first 'Far From The Madding Crowd' trailer
- MovieWeb: 'Far from the Madding Crowd' Trailer Starring Carey Mulligan
TWC-Dimension announced today that Grammy award winning recording artists Pharrell Williams and Gwen Stefani have teamed up to co-write and perform the original song 'Shine' for the upcoming family comedy adventure Paddington.  The film will be released in the US and Canada on January 16, 2015, with a qualifying run in December. The response to the film from advance screenings has already been fantastic.Pharrell Williams and Gwen Stefani previously teamed up on songs including 'Hollaback Girl', 'Can I Have it Like That?', and 'Spark the Fire'.
- Variety: Pharrell Williams, Gwen Stefani Teaming on Song for ‘Paddington’
- Digital Spy: Pharrell Williams and Gwen Stefani unite on new song for Paddington
- The Wrap: Pharrell Williams, Gwen Stefani Team Up For ‘Paddington’ Original Song ‘Shine’
- Deadline: Weinstein Collars Pharrell Williams, Gwen Stefani For ‘Paddington’ Tune
- Entertainment Weekly: Pharrell and Gwen Stefani writing and performing song for ‘Paddington’
It's been too long since we saw a new Batman: Arkham Knight trailer, but Warner Bros.
- We Got This Covered: Gotham Has Never Looked Better In Stunning New Gameplay Video For Batman: Arkham Knight
- Mania: New Batman: Arkham Knight Trailer
- Comic Book Movie: VIDEO GAMES: Awesome New BATMAN: ARKHAM KNIGHT Trailer Hits...Hard
- Bleeding Cool: Batman: Arkham Knight Video – Ace Chemicals Infiltration Released
- Dark Horizons: Game Trailer: "Arkham Knight" Infiltration
New images have popped up which give the public its first look at many of the monsters from the upcoming Jack Black-starring movie version of the classic Goosebumps series. Directed by Rob Letterman (Monsters vs. Aliens, Gulliver's Travels), the film stars Black as real-life Goosebumps author R.L. Stine as he must face these creatures as they escape from his books and enter the real world.
- Cinema Blend: 10 Terrifying Monsters That Will Haunt The Goosebumps Movie
- SlashFilm: ‘Goosebumps’ Monsters Revealed in New Images
- MovieWeb: 'Goosebumps' Movie Monsters Revealed; Meme Contest Announced
- We Got This Covered: Reader, Beware, You’re In For A Scare With These New Monster Images For Jack Black’s Goosebumps
- MTV Movies Blog: Nostalgia Alert: ‘Goosebumps’ Movie Is Filled With Classic Characters
With principal photography set to begin next month in Colorado, The Hateful Eight cast has assembled for rehearsals, with Samuel L. Jackson sharing behind-the-scenes photos earlier today.Cast members such as Kurt Russell, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Walton Goggins, Demián Bichir, Tim Roth, Michael Madsen, Bruce Dern and Samuel L. Jackson are seen in the images, alongside writer-director Quentin Tarantino.In The Hateful Eight, set six or eight or twelve years after the Civil War, a stagecoach hurtles through the wintry Wyoming landscape.
- Screen Crush: Check Out the Rehearsals For Quentin Tarantino's 'The Hateful Eight'
- JoBlo: Behind-the-scenes images from Quentin Tarantino's The Hateful Eight
- AintItCool: Ladies and gentlemen, your 2015 HATEFUL EIGHT!
- SlashFilm: POTD: Quentin Tarantino’s ‘Hateful Eight’ Assemble for First Behind-the-Scenes Photos
Disney's "Into The Woods" has started screening for critics, so it's only a matter of time until reviews start rolling in. Until then, the mouse house has been sharing new peeks at the movie, with a generous cut of Meryl Streep singing appearing last week. So what happens when the songs stop? Well, you're about to find out. A new clip from the Stephen Sondheim adaptation has arrived, involving the baker and his wife, played by James Corden and Emily Blunt.
The most recent batch of Terminator: Genisys pics (really, the first official shots representing the movie) were not well received. Neither was the plot description that went with them. There’s a sense that all parties involved have some real damage control to do. Which is why it is odd that a pretty good image of Arnold Schwarzenegger in makeup as the aged T-800 has been half-hidden on the lot at Paramount.
- Dread Central: New Photo Shows Arnold Schwarzenegger in Terminator: Genisys
- Latino Review: New Image of Arnold Schwarzenegger in 'Terminator: Genisys' Surfaces
- We Got This Covered: Arnie Is Back As The T-800 In Leaked Photo From Terminator: Genisys
- MovieWeb: 'Terminator 5' Photo Shows Battle Scarred Arnold Schwarzenegger
While doing press for his upcoming musical Into the Woods, producer Marc Platt offered updates on two of his upcoming projects, the action-packed sequel Wanted 2 and another musical adaptation, Wicked.Just a few days before Wanted hit theaters in 2008, Mark Millar, who wrote the comic book the film is based on, revealed that a sequel was already in the works, although we haven't heard much on the follow-up in the six years that followed that initial announcement. Marc Platt reveals that the script is still being developed, and it isn't quite there yet.
- JoBlo: Wanted producer gives update on sequel; says script is "getting pretty good"
- MovieWeb: 'Fantastic Beasts' Script Finished; David Yates Will Direct
- ScreenRant: ‘Wanted 2′ Script Still Being Developed
- Digital Spy: Wanted 2 producer offers update: "It's coming along"
- Latino Review: What's Up With That 'Wanted' Sequel?
Writers tackling the screenplays of their own film adaptations can be a tricky business. Over the years, they've been hit or miss. After all, the writers who created the world's that these films want to explore are often quite attached to their creations. They've taken the time to create this layered universe of characters, plots, subplots, twists, and turns. Suddenly hiring that same person to condense all of that into a two hour movie can lead to lots of in-fighting within a production.
The teaser trailer from “Jurassic World” gives audiences a taste of dinosaur until they can have their fill when the first full official trailer debuts on Thanksgiving Day. The updated franchise adds to the series originally brought to the screen by director Steven Spielberg. The 20-second teaser finds dinosaurs roaming in an open field as tourists look on. A very business-like Bryce Dallas Howard and a stern looking Chris Pratt make a quick appearance.
- USA Today: Chris Pratt looks sad in 'Jurassic World' teaser
- Moviefone: 'Jurassic World' Teaser Trailer Welcomes Us to the Park (VIDEO)
- MTV Movies Blog: ‘Jurassic World’ Trailer: 5 Things We Want To See
In the real world, those of us with horrible bosses usually have no choice but to endure the misery (while discreetly seeking out new jobs). But movies are about escape, and sitting back to watch a character get even with a sleazy, sadistic or downright evil employer is escapism at its finest. Case in point: The enormous box office success of the 2011 comedy, ‘Horrible Bosses.’ In the spirit of the 2014 sequel ‘Horrible Bosses 2,’ here’s how to settle the...Read MoreRead Comments
Apparently we’re not the only ones who hate the current obsession with Marvel-style universes. Director James Gunn has weighed in with a rant against “Hollywood’s new love of shared universes,” blasting the model as “flawed.” And he should know — he’s involved with the original Marvel-style universe, i.e., the Marvel universe.
Less than one month until The Hobbit trilogy closes out with The Hobbit: The Battle of The Five Armies, Warner Bros. has released three TV spots featuring plenty of new footage. As well, Empire Magazine has debuted their December covers featuring the stars of director Peter Jackson's epic adventure.There will be a total of five collectible covers for Empire's December issue, with the first three revealed below.
- Comic Book Movie: Plenty Of New Footage In 3 More THE HOBBIT: TBOTFA TV Spots
- HitFix: 'Hobbit' Set Visit: Peter Jackson stares down The Battle of the Five Armies
- Fandango Movie Blog: Quiz: How Well Do You Know Your 'Hobbit' Dwarf Trivia?
You’re no doubt familiar with the concept of Black Friday, but did you also know that the sales event includes some great deals at local record stores as well? In celebration of Record Store Day’s Black Friday event on November 28th, Madison Gate Records and Legacy Recording will be releasing new copies of the American Hustle soundtrack on vinyl exclusively in independent record stores, featuring six songs from the movie not included on the CD version. Moreover, the 12” 2LP vinyl also premieres “Stream of Stars”, a rare song from Jeff Lynne of ELO fame. In celebration of the release, we h
- Dread Central: Win a Copy of Dead Snow 2: Red vs. Dead on Blu-ray
- Dark Horizons: Amazon Black Friday Week Deals: Nov. 24th
- FirstShowing.net: 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Trailer Hits Theaters on Black Friday
If you’re a fan of the NBC adaptation of Constantine, you might want to pass along the message to friends and family that it’s in trouble. Unlike other comic adaptations like The Flash and Arrow, Constantine has struggled to maintain a steady audience since its debut; it doesn’t help that it airs on Friday night I’m sure. It’s not officially cancelled at this point but... Read More...
- We Got This Covered: NBC Calls A Production Halt On Constantine
- Dread Central: Constantine Season 1 Will Be Just 13 Episodes; Season 2 in Doubt
- AintItCool: CONSTANTINE To Halt Production After 13th Episode!!
Tina Fey‘s new show, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, was going to be a mid-season replacement on NBC. That network, of course, is where Fey got her big break on Saturday Night Live; then it became the butt of her jokes on the award-winning sitcom 30 Rock. So it seemed like the perfect fit. However, in what seems to be a happy split, the show – which stars Office-alum Ellie Kemper as a cult dropout trying to make it in New York City- will now debut on Netflix in March 2015. More so, it got an immediate two-season order from the streaming company.
Rubber-faced comedian Jim Carrey has had a pretty great career so far and while he might have stumbled more than a few times along the way, I still can’t say no to a movie starring him (one exception). With Dumb and Dumber To now in theaters, let’s have a look at his top 10 most […] Read Box Office: Top 10 Most Successful Jim Carrey Movies on Filmonic.
DC Comics fans will know that Copperhead was originally a male character, but the snake-like assassin was given a female makeover for the Batman: Arkham Origins video game, and Gotham have evidently followed suit. In tonight's epsode, "Lovecraft", Copperhead (real name Larissa Diaz) will be played by Lesley-Ann Brandt, and The Wrap have provided some stills. Selina leads a new friend on a perilous journey through Gotham to evade the assassins on her trail.
- Dark Horizons: Photos Of Copperhead In "Gotham"
- IndieWire: Springboard: 'Gotham' Breakout Robin Lord Taylor on His 'Life-Changing' Role
"You are very different than anyone I have ever met." IFC Films has debuted a brand new trailer for a film called Match, starring Patrick Stewart as an aging ballet instructor in New York City who takes up a job at Julliard. He's interviewed by a woman and her husband about dance in the 1960's, but he soon learns there's much more to her connection to him. Carla Gugino also stars, along with Matthew Lillard and Maduka Steady.
Eddie Marsan has signed on to join Patrick Wilson, Jessica Biel and Haley Bennett in the Untitled Patricia Highsmith Adaptation, which was formerly known as The Blunderer.The plot is based on Patricia Highsmith's novel The Blunderer, centering on a successful man (Patrick Wilson) whose life begins to come apart when his wife (Jessica Biel) is found dead at the bottom of a cliff. He keeps making mistake after mistake as his once-perfect life keeps spiraling out of control.
We've had some time for the hype surrounding The Avengers: Age of Ultron trailer to die down, and now the focus is on this week's first trailers for Jurassic World (watch a teaser for the trailer here) and Star Wars: The Force Awakens (see where you can find it this weekend here). But how about we revisit the trailer for the Marvel superhero assembly sequel, but with a couple twists. First of all, there's a fun sweded version of the trailer that just came online today.
Warren Ellis has written in his newsletter (sign up here) a few details regarding the new adaptation of Global Frequency into a TV series. My graphic novel GLOBAL FREQUENCY is set to be adapted for television again. DC Entertainment bought the option and took it to Jerry Bruckheimer’s house, where I’ve always had friends. Rockne S. O’Bannon is writing the adaptation for KristiAnn Reed and Jonathan Littman at Bruckheimer — you may know him from FARSCAPE.
Charlie Higson has cooked up a period takeIf it seems only a few years since someone created a new televised take on Robert Louis Stevenson’s The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll And Mr Hyde, that’s because it was, thanks to Steven Moffat’s Jekyll in 2007. Yet ITV now has Fast Show veteran Charlie Higson plotting his own version for a new series.Higson, who has established himself as a novelist in addition to his TV work, has come up with an idea to follow Robert Jekyll, the grandson of the original doctor, in the 1930s.
- Dread Central: UK’s ITV Bringing Jekyll & Hyde Back to Life
If you're looking for good, deep belly laughs before the year is out, do yourself a favor and buy a ticket for "Top Five." The latest from Chris Rock — who writes, directs, and stars in the movie — is a genuine gutbuster (read our review), a sharp look at the world of celebrity, that also manages to be a romance. It's a well-executed mix of laughter and heart, and today two clips from the film dip into both sides of the equation. The movie tells the story of Andre Allen, a hugely successful comic actor whose career and life are at a crossroads.
While on the set of "The Giver," Jeff Bridges and Taylor Swift had a little jam sesh.
Zach Galifianakis, Owen Wilson, Kristen Wiig, Ken Marino and Jason Sudeikis are the brains behind Relativity's newly titled “Masterminds.” Previously known as “The Untitled Armored Car Project,” the film will debut in theaters Aug.
Hockey legend Wayne Gretzky returned to IMG's roster on Monday. His wife, actress Janet Gretzky (“The Sound and the Fury”), has signed with the sports and media business's parent company WME. Gretzky is the National Hockey League's highest scoring player to ever put on skates. He won multiple championships with the Edmonton Oilers and was famously traded to the Los Angeles Kings in 1988.
- Variety: Wayne Gretzky Signs With IMG
The Holidays are coming up, and I have compiled /Film’s Ultimate 2014 Film Geek Holiday Gift Guide to help you find gifts for your pop culture-loving friends and loved ones. (Or, maybe even for yourself.) This guide includes a ton of cool gifts, including a wide range of books, graphic novels, toys, collectibles, music, movies, games, art and other fun gifts, the majority of which were released this year. I’ve also tried to include a wide range of prices, from small stocking stuffers to blu-ray box sets to huge expensive collectibles for most of us to drool over.
HitFix sits down with "A Most Violent Year" star Oscar Isaac and director J.C. Chandor to discuss the forging of the film's central character and the choices made along the way.http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/in-contention
- Fandango Movie Blog: 'Penguins of Madagascar': Character Guide
December is just a week away, and soon we will be flooded with lists declaring The Best and Most Important of everything pop-culture related in 2014. But what about the people who were in the spotlight, but did little of value to earn their space in the press, and hardly did anything to change the game in their respective fields? Well, GQ has crunched the numbers and come up with their 30 Least Influential People Of 2014.
Game and movie rental service Redbox has announced that it's raising rental prices for games, DVDs, and Blu-Ray discs in the US. Under the new daily pricing standards, the cost of DVDs will go up by 30 cents to $1.50, Blu-Rays will set you back another 50 cents at $2, and games rental prices will go up a full dollar to $3. Most of the price changes will take effect on December 2 of this year, but the games price hike won't happen until January 6, 2015. Redbox isn't shying away from the fact that overall rental volume will probably fall as a result of higher prices, but the company said that th
Now that we've gotten all the buzz about the teaser trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens out of the way (see where it's playing this weekend right here), it's time to look at a little indie romance on the complete opposite end of the spectrum. "Mad Men" star Vincent Kartheiser and Juno supporting actress Olivia Thirlby star in the film chronicling the rocky relationship of a newly married couple as they take a trip on a research vessel bound for Antarctica.
- We Got This Covered: Vincent Kartheiser And Olivia Thirlby Sail The Seas In Trailer For Red Knot
In a small, tucked-away and unnamed Australian suburb, the already ill-behaved Samuel is getting worse. A seven-year-old with an unchecked imagination, unruly hair and teeth, and an untamed nature, Samuel is running wild. Consequently, his widowed, single, and stressed-out mother Amelia is having a hard time coping with his feral temperament.
- Comic Book Movie: GODZILLA (2014) VFX Breakdown From MPC