Top Movie News for February 13, 2016
It’s kind of a miracle that Deadpool even exists, after its titular character was nearly ruined by X-Men Origins: Wolverine. But this weekend, fans will finally have another chance to check out this Marvel Comics creation in an incarnation that’s much closer to the spirit of the original character. Fox basically cut the budget of this film down to the bone, but despite this, I found the film to be a blast. Did it work for you? Was the plot too thin or just right? Did Deadpool’s schtick wear you out?
- Dark Horizons: "Deadpool" Sets February Box-Office Record
- Chud: The Drew Reviews – ‘Deadpool’ is More Silly Than Super
- IGN Movies: Daily Deals: Deadpool, Loot Crate Sunset Overdrive, 4K TV With $200 Gift Card
- Badass Digest: REVIEW: I Was Wrong About DEADPOOL (And You Might Be, Too)
- We Got This Covered: 10 Actors Who Could Play Cable In The Deadpool Sequel
- Dark Horizons: "Deadpool" Set For A $90-100M Weekend
- Coming Soon: Deadpool Giveaway Sponsored by Sideshow Collectibles
- Cinema Blend: How Many F-Bombs Deadpool Has In It
- Variety: ‘Deadpool’ Blowing Up Box Office With $90 Million Debut
- Vulture: Looking for a Deadpool Deep Dive? Here Are 5 of His Classic Comic-Book Stories
- Vulture: Deadpool is About to Make a Crazy Amount of Money
- USA Today: The Mothership: Does 'Deadpool' work?
- Variety: Digital Tracking: ‘Deadpool’ Is Invincible on Presidents Day Weekend
- We Got This Covered: Deadpool Is On Track To Earn Upwards Of $90 Million In North America This Weekend
- Variety: ‘Deadpool’ Heading to $100 Million Holiday Weekend
- Chud: Movie Curiosities: Deadpool
- The Playlist: "Every Line In The Movie I Wrote Myself": Ryan Reynolds Talks Playing Deadpool In 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine'
- Bleeding Cool: T.J. Miller Wants You To See Deadpool
- The Wrap: ‘Deadpool’ Launches With Record $12.7 Million at Thursday Box Office
- SlashFilm: Interview: Paul Wernick and Rhett Reese Are the Real Heroes of ‘Deadpool’
- Film School Rejects: Deadpool Overload? That’s The Point.
- Comic Book Movie: BOX OFFICE: DEADPOOL Sets Record For Thursday Night Preview
- Total Film: Deadpool is "the best picture of the year" according to… Betty White
- MovieWeb: 'Deadpool' Breaks R Rated Thursday Night Preview Record with $12.7M
- ScreenRant: Deadpool Opening Day Beats X-Men: Days of Future Past Overseas
- MTV Movies Blog: Meet the Characters of Deadpool
- HitFix: Deadpool is the Perfect Date Movie
- JoBlo: Deadpool breaks the record for highest R-rated Thursday night preview
- Entertainment Weekly: 'Deadpool' director Tim Miller talks likes and dislikes and the best advice he got from David Fincher
- Latino Review: DEADPOOL Breaks February Records, Tracking High for Weekend
- The Wrap: ‘Deadpool’ on Track for $90 Million Opening
- Film School Rejects: 10 Questions Left Unanswered by Deadpool
- The Playlist: 'Deadpool' Writer Details Action Scenes That Were Removed When Budget Was Cut By $7 Million
- FirstShowing.net: Review: 'Deadpool' is an Entertaining Switch For Comic Book Movies
- MovieWeb: 'Deadpool' Almost Introduced These 3 Marvel Villains
- SlashFilm: Superhero Bits: Deadpool Banned Again, Thor: Ragnarok Death, Toy Fair Sneak Peeks and More
- MovieWeb: How Many Times Does 'Deadpool' Drop the F Bomb?
- Entertainment Weekly: EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Ryan Reynolds on his acerbic antihero 'Deadpool'
- HitFix: Why did the success of 'The Avengers' almost kill 'Deadpool' as a movie?
We're on the verge of experiencing a flood of TRANSFORMERS films whether we like it or not; last year Paramount and Hasbro put together a TRANSFORMERS writers room in order to chart out the future of the franchise, which would include more sequels, spin-offs, and everything in between. Just this morning Paramount announced release dates for three TRANSFORMERS films which will keep up supplied... Read More...
- IGN Movies: Transformers 5 to Open Against Wonder Woman; Release Dates Set for 6 and 7
- Dark Horizons: Transformer Bumblebee Gets A Spin-Off
- Entertainment Weekly: Three 'Transformers' sequels set release dates
- Comic Book Movie: TRANSFORMERS 6 Is Acutally A Bumblebee Spinoff
- MovieWeb: 'Transformers' Bumblebee Spinoff Movie Is Coming in 2018
- SlashFilm: Bumblebee Is Getting His Own ‘Transformers’ Spinoff in 2018
- ScreenRant: Transformers 6 Will Arrive in 2019; Bumblebee Spinoff Gets 2018 Date
- Cinema Blend: Transformers 6 Plans To Try Something Totally Different
- Screen Crush: New 'Transformers' Movies Coming in 2017, 2018 and 2019
- The Playlist: Paramount Sets Release Dates For 'Transformers 5, 6 & 7,' Picks Up 'Suburbicon' And 'xXx: The Return Of Xander Cage'
- Comic Book Movie: Paramount Sets Release Dates For TRANSFORMERS 5, 6 And 7
- Latino Review: Brace Yourselves For THREE More 'TRANSFORMERS' Movies!
- SlashFilm: Three More ‘Transformers’ Movies Dated Through 2019
- HitFix: Three more 'Transformers' movies are coming in 2017, 2018, and 2019
- ScreenRant: Transformers 5, 6 and 7 Get Official Release Dates [Updated]
- MovieWeb: 'Transformers 5', 6 and & 7 Annual Release Dates Announced
- Bleeding Cool: Transformers Sequels Scheduled By Paramount
- JoBlo: Paramount sets release dates for the next three Transformers films
- The Wrap: ‘Meet the Movie Press': Is ‘Wonder Woman’s’ Release Date in Jeopardy Due to ‘Transformers 5’?
xXx: The Return of Xander Cage has been flying somewhat under the radar, with news related to Vin Diesel vehicles mainly concentrating on the impending wrap-up of the Fast & Furious saga.
- Variety: Donnie Yen Replaces Jet Li in Vin Diesel’s ‘xXx’ Sequel
- AintItCool: Donnie Yen replaces Jet Li as xXx 3's big baddie!
- MovieWeb: Donnie Yen Replaces Jet Li in 'XXX 3'
- IGN Movies: XXX 3: Jet Li Is Out and Donnie Yen Is In
- Latino Review: Jet Li Out of XXX: THE RETURN OF XANDER CAGE, Donnie Yen In
- SlashFilm: ‘XXX: The Return of Xander Cage’ Loses Jet Li and Gains Donnie Yen in Deal of the Year
- Hollywood Reporter: Martial Arts Star Donnie Yen to Play Villain in 'xXx 3'
- Screen Crush: Donnie Yen Will Battle Vin Diesel in 'xXx: The Return of Xander Cage'
- Cinema Blend: Vin Diesel's XXX 3 Just Lost One Of Its Major Villains
- SlashFilm: Sequel Bits: ‘Bad Boys 3’, ‘Finding Dory,’ ‘SLC Punk 2,’ ‘XXX 3: The Return of Xander Cage’
- Fandango Movie Blog: Sizzling Sneak Peeks at Vin Diesel in 'xXx' and the Ecto-2 from 'Ghostbusters'
Nicolas Cage is set to star in Mom and Dad, a horror-thriller that will reunite him with Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance co-director Brian Taylor. Taylor is directing from his own script about a teenage girl and her younger brother who must...
- Variety: Berlin: Nicolas Cage Starring in Horror-Thriller ‘Mom and Dad’
- Deadline: Nicolas Cage Reunites With ‘Ghost Rider’ Helmer On Horror Thriller ‘Mom And Dad’ – Berlin
- Hollywood Reporter: Berlin: Nicolas Cage Joins Horror Thriller 'Mom and Dad'
- Badass Digest: Nicolas Cage To Play Either Crazy Mom Or Crazy Dad In Crazy MOM AND DAD
- AintItCool: Nicolas Cage wants to kill his kids in horror flick MOM & DAD!
- We Got This Covered: Nicolas Cage Will Go “Off The Rails” For Psycho Parents Flick Mom And Dad
- Dread Central: EFM 2016: Nicolas Cage Goes Nuts for Mom and Dad
- The Wrap: Nicolas Cage to Star in Psycho Parents Movie ‘Mom and Dad’
- Screen Crush: Nicolas Cage Will Try to Kill His Own Kids in 'Mom and Dad'
- Thompson on Hollywood: Nicolas Cage Lines Up New Horror Thriller with 'Ghost Rider' Director
- Variety: ‘Sleepy Hollow’ Sneak Peek: Meet Abbie and Jenny’s Dad (VIDEO)
Damon Wayans Sr. has signed on to play Roger Murtaugh, a role originated by Danny Glover, in Fox's 'Lethal Weapon' TV pilot.
- We Got This Covered: Lethal Weapon TV Show Gets Pilot Order At Fox, Damon Wayans Sr. To Play Murtaugh
- Coming Soon: Damon Wayans Sr. Boards Lethal Weapon TV Show
- Vulture: Fox Orders a Lethal Weapon Pilot With Damon Wayans Sr. in a Bet That You’re Not Too Old for This Series
- Badass Digest: Brace Yourself: McG And Damon Wayans Teaming For LETHAL WEAPON TV Show
- Bleeding Cool: Fox Orders Lethal Weapon Pilot With Damon Wayans As Murtaugh
- SlashFilm: ‘Lethal Weapon’ TV Series: Damon Wayans Sr. Isn’t Too Old for This… You Know
- IGN Movies: Damon Wayans to Star in Lethal Weapon TV Pilot
- JoBlo: Damon Wayans isn't getting too old to star in Lethal Weapon pilot for Fox
- Latino Review: Fox Orders LETHAL WEAPON Pilot Starring Damon Wayans
- Dark Horizons: Wayans Is Murtagh In FOX's "Lethal Weapon"
If you weren’t quite sure what to make of The Boss after that green band trailer debuted, then maybe this new red band trailer will give you a better of idea of what Melissa McCarthy & Co. are up to in her latest comedy. Like the underwhelming Tammy before it, The Boss was also written by McCarthy and her husband, Ben Falcone, and while that has us feeling a bit skeptical, there’s something that feels more lively about this film — or maybe it’s just all that profanity. Continue reading…
- Cinema Blend: Melissa McCarthy's The Boss Red-Band Trailer Is Foul-Mouthed And NSFW
- The Playlist: Watch: Foul-Mouthed, NSFW New Trailer For Melissa McCarthy's 'The Boss'
- We Got This Covered: Melissa McCarthy Is The Boss In New Red Band Trailer For Ben Falcone’s Comedy
- Latino Review: Red Band Trailer and Poster for THE BOSS starring Melissa McCarthy is HERE!
- Entertainment Weekly: Watch Melissa McCarthy start a Girl Scout war in NSFW trailer for 'The Boss'
- MovieWeb: 'The Boss' Red Band Trailer Delivers a Foul-Mouthed Melissa McCarthy
- Bleeding Cool: Melissa McCarthy Leads A Foul-Mouthed The Boss Red Band Trailer
- The Wrap: Melissa McCarthy Swears Up a Storm in ‘The Boss’ Red-Band Trailer (Video)
- SlashFilm: ‘The Boss’ Red-Band Trailer: Melissa McCarthy and Peter Dinklage Get Into a Sword Fight
- JoBlo: All Melissa McCarthy does is win in new red-band trailer for The Boss
Once you have gotten to know Gotham City better, get to know the new and improved Metropolis! New images from a secondary Time Out Tourist Guide focuses on the past, present, and future of Metropolis. This Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice tie-in tourist guide dives deep into DCEU and features information about LexCorp, Heroes Park, and the lost city of Atlantis.
- Comic Book Movie: BATMAN V SUPERMAN: New Tourist Guide Introduces You To Gotham City
- Cinema Blend: How Jesse Eisenberg Changed Lex Luthor For Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice
- Cinema Blend: Batman V Superman: Why DC's Movie Universe May Be In Trouble
- IGN Movies: 3 New Batman v Superman Promo Images
- JoBlo: Son of Krypton & Bat of Gotham face off in new Batman V Superman posters
- Latino Review: Jesse Eisenberg Talks Lex Luthor's 'Philosophical Dilemmas' in BATMAN v SUPERMAN
- Screen Crush: 'Batman vs. Superman' Posters Show You Both Sides of the Fight
- ScreenRant: Batman V Superman: Jesse Eisenberg On His ‘Psychologically Realistic’ Lex Luthor
- Comic Book Movie: What's A God To A Nonbeliever In This New Still From BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE
- MovieWeb: 'Batman v Superman' Gives Us a Psychologically Realistic Lex Luthor
- Total Film: Get behind your hero with this pair of Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice posters
- MovieWeb: Is 'Batman v Superman' & the DC Movie Universe in Trouble?
So far, all the new casting additions for Fifty Shades Darker have been women, making it seem as though the sequel does nothing to disprove the idea that this is a crazy-pants world in which everything and everyone revolves around Christian Grey. If you were getting tired of looking at that guy, good news: not only has the Fifty Shades of Grey sequel added a new male cast member, but he’s going to be competing for our attention (and Ana’s too, sure). Continue reading…
- Variety: ‘Fifty Shades Darker’ Adds ‘The Knick’s’ Eric Johnson as Christian Grey’s Rival (EXCLUSIVE)
- Coming Soon: Fifty Shades Darker Casts Eric Johnson as Christian Grey’s Rival
- We Got This Covered: Fifty Shades Darker Ropes In Eric Johnson To Play Christian Grey’s Rival
- Hollywood Reporter: 'Knick' Actor Eric Johnson Joins 'Fifty Shades Darker'
- MTV Movies Blog: Fifty Shades Darker Casts Christian Grey’s Handsome Rival
- Entertainment Weekly: 'The Knick' star Eric Johnson joins 'Fifty Shades' sequel
- MovieWeb: Should Jamie Dornan Go Full Frontal in 'Fifty Shades Darker'?
The CW has just released a new trailer for the rest of The Flash season 2. This shows us many snippets including Earth-2 Barry Allen trying to inspire Barry of Earth-1, Jay Garrick using his speed again, Zoom coming through the wall of Harrison Well’s old secret room and a woman red leather, wearing a red domino mask and carrying a gun… oh, and more King Shark. Looks like things are going to be crazy from here on out. The Flash airs Tuesdays at 8 PM on the CW. https://youtu.be/My9uSscBO8E Zoom Is Coming – New Flash Trailer Teases Rest Of The Season
- Dark Horizons: "Flash" Extended Preview Is Zoom Heavy
- We Got This Covered: Zoom Unmasks In Revealing New Trailer For The Flash Season 2
- Comic Book Movie: 'King Shark' Returns And 'Zoom' Unmasks In New Trailer For THE FLASH Season 2
- Comic Book Movie: Danielle Panabaker On Killer Frost Potentially Turning On Zoom In Next Week's New FLASH Episode
- Bleeding Cool: How The Flash Ran Across Helicopter Blades
- Comic Book Movie: Find Out The VFX Secrets Of THE FLASH In New Video
- Comic Book Movie: Find Out The VFX Secrets Of THE FLASH In New Video
Apparently the Derek Zoolander Center for Kids Who Canât Read Good And Want to Learn to Do Other Stuff Good Too could use a new class on howÂ to make long-awaited sequels. In the vein ofÂ Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues,Â Zoolander 2Â revives a beloved, quotable comedy that built a...
- AintItCool: Capone reviews the star-studded, zero-laughs comedy ZOOLANDER 2
- Cinema Blend: Zoolander 2 Is So Bad, A Famous Film Critic Bailed Mid-Screening
- Vulture: Revisiting Zoolander’s Weird History With 9/11
- Deadline: ‘Zoolander 2’ Review: Ben Stiller’s Misguided Sequel Is A Fashion Disaster
- Film School Rejects: Zoolander 2 Is So 2001
- MTV Movies Blog: 31 Really, Really, Ridiculously Good Questions I Had Watching Zoolander For The First Time
A new report claims that Taron Egerton and Alden Ehrenreich have auditioned multiple times for the 'Star Wars' Han Solo anthology movie.
- ScreenRant: Star Wars: Taron Egerton & Alden Ehrenreich For Young Han Solo?
- Deadline: Will Hollywood’s Flood Of Franchises Beat ‘Star Wars’-Fueled 2015 Toy Sales?
- Denver Post: "Star Wars" icon Carrie Fisher will attend 2016 Denver Comic Con
- Total Film: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story - full cast guide
- MovieWeb: Nerd Alert: Walking Dead Survival Guide, Star Wars Mario Cart & More
- Latino Review: STAR WARS: New Troopers, New Spaceships
- MovieWeb: 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Has A Kick-Ass Weapons Expert
- Bleeding Cool: LEGO Star Wars: The Resistance Rises Premieres With Poe to the Rescue Short
- MovieWeb: Maz Kanata Finally Gets a 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Action Figure
- MovieWeb: 'Force Awakens' Characters Return in 'LEGO Star Wars' TV Show Preview
After some of the Legends are captured and thrown into a Russian gulag during the height of the Cold War of 1986, Snart (Wentworth Miller) leads the team in an elaborate escape plan to free their comrades. However, Rip (Arthur Darvill) gives Sara (Caity Lotz) a secret side mission that could prove not only to be a liability, but fatal to the team. Dermott Downs directed the episode written by Beth Schwartz & Grainne Godfree (#105).
- Badass Digest: LEGENDS OF TOMORROW Review 1.04 “White Knights”
- Vulture: Legends of Tomorrow Recap: Cold War
- We Got This Covered: It’s Time For A Prison Break In First Look Photos From Next Week’s Legends Of Tomorrow
- Bleeding Cool: Six Important Moments From DC’s Legends Of Tomorrow – White Knights
- Film School Rejects: Captain Cold Stole The Show on Last Night’s Legends of Tomorrow
Apple is about to get themselves into the television content game. Currently filming in L.A., VITAL SIGNS would be Apple's first original scripted television series, starring none other than the Beats master himself, Dr. Dre. Dre is starring in and executive producing the series, which is believed to be comprised of six half-hour episodes semi-biographical in nature. Lined up as a dark drama, each episode... Read More...
- Variety: Apple Financing Original Scripted Series Produced By Dr. Dre: Report
- IndieWire: The First Apple Original Series Stars Dr. Dre and Is Already Challenging Emmy Rules
- Moviefone: Apple, Dr. Dre Team Up For Scripted TV Series About His Life
- We Got This Covered: Dr. Dre To Star In Apple’s First Scripted Drama Series Vital Signs
- Vulture: Dr. Dre Is Starring in a Scripted Apple TV Show About Himself, So There’s Your Straight Outta Compton Sequel
Although I am aware of the Baywatch television series and the various tropes it spawned, I've never actually seen so much as a single episode of it. Despite this, there's something about Dwayne Johnson's upcoming feature-film reboot of the show which is keeping my interest; perhaps its Johnson himself, or the surprisingly funny Zac Efron, or it could even be Alexandra Daddario... Read More...
- Variety: Hannibal Buress Joins Dwayne Johnson in ‘Baywatch’ Reboot
- We Got This Covered: Hannibal Buress Will Hit The Beach For Dwayne Johnson’s Baywatch Movie
- Entertainment Weekly: Hannibal Buress joins Dwayne Johnson in 'Baywatch'
- Screen Crush: Dwayne Johnson's 'Baywatch' Movie Adds Hannibal Buress
- Coming Soon: Hannibal Buress Joins the Baywatch Movie
What if the floor you lived on reflected your place in society? High-Rise is a sci-fi thriller about an isolated community living in a very modern luxury high-rise building. “London, 1975. Robert Laing is a young doctor seduced by the lifestyle in a high-rise, an isolated community, cut off from the rest of society in […] Read Tom Hiddleston is Moving Up in the Trailer for High-Rise on Filmonic.
- Coming Soon: Tom Hiddleston Goes Undercover in The Night Manager Trailer
- Variety: Watch: First Look at AMC’s Tom Hiddleston, Hugh Laurie Spy Thriller ‘The Night Manager’
- Vulture: The Night Manager Trailer: Yep, Tom Hiddleston Does Make a Very Sexy Spy, Mmhmm, He Does
- The Playlist: Watch: New Trailer For AMC's 'The Night Manager' Starring Tom Hiddleston
- SlashFilm: ‘The Night Manager’ Trailer: Welcome Tom Hiddleston to The Family
Lesbians. The Burmese. Maybe farmers. With all the minorities, interest groups, nationalities sexualities, and ethnicities that John Michael McDonagh finds time to craft a specially designed slur for, or chuck a throwaway insult at, in his shambolic, shaggy, occasionally very funny "War on Everyone," it becomes a fun game to work out if there's anyone who definitely will not be offended. I don't think Tibetans get a mention, and I'm pretty sure meteorologists and albinos emerge unscathed.
- Variety: Berlin Film Review: ‘War on Everyone’
- Thompson on Hollywood: Berlin Review: Could 'War on Everyone' Be the Best Bad Cop Comedy Ever?
- Hollywood Reporter: 'War on Everyone': Berlin Review
- Hollywood Reporter: Berlin: Why 'Midnight Special' Director Wanted More Michael Shannon, Less Dialogue Onscreen (Q&A)
- The Playlist: Berlin Review: Jeff Nichols' 'Midnight Special' With Michael Shannon, Joel Edgerton, Kirsten Dunst & Adam Driver
Magnet Releasing, the genre arm of Magnolia Pictures, has acquired worldwide rights to Nicolas Pesce’s nightmarish debut “The Eyes of My Mother,” the company announced Friday. The film, which stars newcomer Kika Magalhaes, fuses classic horror ingredients with gothic black-and-white imagery. Magnet is planning a theatrical release later this year. “The Eyes of My Mother” stars Magalhaes as Francisca, a young woman who has been unfazed by death from an early age after her mother, a former surgeon, imbued her with a thorough understanding of the human anatomy.
- Variety: Sundance Horror Film ‘The Eyes of My Mother’ Sells to Magnet Releasing (EXCLUSIVE)
- IndieWire: Unforgettable Sundance Debut 'The Eyes of My Mother' Lands at Magnet Releasing
- Dread Central: Magnet Sees with The Eyes of My Mother
- Hollywood Reporter: Horror Film 'The Eyes of My Mother' Nabbed by Magnolia's Magnet
Cameron Crowe's history with music (once a contributing editor at Rolling Stone magazine) is always going to open the door for it to play a vital role in his creative process and the projects he involves himself with. Already once before, Crowe dove head-on into the world of rock and roll, following the fictional band Stillwater for the purposes of watching 15-year-old William Miller grow... Read More...
- SlashFilm: ‘Roadies’ Trailer: Cameron Crowe Returns to Rock and Roll with New Showtime Series
- The Playlist: Watch: First Trailer For Cameron Crowe’s New Showtime Series 'Roadies' With Luke Wilson, Carla Guigino & Imogen Poots
- Moviefone: Cameron Crowe's 'Roadies' Trailer Takes You Behind the Music
- Bleeding Cool: Oxygen And Family Are Required In Preview Of Showtime’s Roadies
The story of Barack and MichelleÂ ObamaâsÂ first date could be released by two marquee distributors. Miramax is in negotiations with IM Global and WME GlobalÂ to acquire the North American distribution rights forÂ Southside With You, the studio confirmed to EW. If a deal is completed, Miramax...
- Deadline: Barack Obama First-Date Movie ‘Southside With You’ Near Deal With Miramax, Roadside Attractions
- Variety: Obama Movie ‘Southside With You’ Sells to Roadside Attractions and Miramax
- IndieWire: Miramax and Roadside Attractions Team Up for Obama Romance 'Southside With You'
- The Wrap: Obama Romance Movie ‘Southside With You’ Selling to Miramax, Roadside Attractions
Disney’s animated features are so wrapped up in either princesses or talking animals (sometimes both) that one can be forgiven for approaching “Zootopia” — a whole metropolis of anthropomorphized critters! — with a certain wariness. Thankfully the creators of this expansive adventure, a crime-solving saga starring a bunny who wants to be a cop, have a bit more in mind than the usual strains of aww-dorable humor and frenetic action. There’s plenty of that, for sure.
And the reveal of the full cast is coming next week...
This weekend, HBO is getting very rock 'n roll, with the two-hour, Martin Scorsese-directed season premiere of "Vinyl." The show takes viewers into the gritty realm of the 1970s music industry, following a record label honcho who makes his way through the sex and drug-riddled world, searching for the next big sound. The cast for this one is impressive, featuring Bobby Cannavale, Olivia Wilde, Ray Romano, Juno Temple, James Jagger, and many more.
- Deadline: ‘Vinyl’s Terence Winter Talks Mick Jagger, Season 2 Plans, Olivia Wilde & Scorsese
- We Got This Covered: HBO Death Row Series Casts Laura Dern In Lead Role
- Thompson on Hollywood: What's in a Number? From Netflix to HBO Now, Subscriber Data Is an Expectations Game
Today Hasbro and Lionsgate announced that Emily Blunt has agreed to voice a character in the first full-length animated feature film for the My Little Pony brand, effectively named MY LITTLE PONY THE MOVIE. Who that character is at this point is unknown, but Blunt isn't the first recognizable outside name to enter into the world of Twilight Sparkle. Kristin Chenowith had already signed on for a voice role... Read More...
At this point, it’s safe to say “The Simpsons” has changed television forever. The animated series — which, in case you’ve forgotten, premiered way back in 1989, and is now in its 27th season — has seen its fair share of ups and downs, and become a sort of hotbed of critical debate, with some quick to write off every season after thirteen, and others clinging to the endless nostalgia of Homer and company. Granted, certain seasons have wound up unanimously reviled, while certain episodes have becomes staples of the genre.
Oscars producers David Hill and Reginald Hudlin have revealed a third slate of presenters for the 88th Oscars telecast. The Oscars, hosted by Chris Rock, will air live on Sunday, Feb. 28, on ABC. The presenters, including several Oscar winners, are Patricia Arquette, Abraham Attah, Cate Blanchett, Emily Blunt, Louis C.K., Common, Russell Crowe, Chris Evans, Jennifer Garner, Louis Gossett, Jr., Michael B.
- Entertainment Weekly: Oscars 2016: Michael B. Jordan, Daisy Ridley, Cate Blanchett join presenters
- Variety: Michael B. Jordan, Daisy Ridley, Cate Blanchett Join Oscar Presenters
- Thompson on Hollywood: The Academy Updates Diverse Oscar Presenters List
Normally I use the quiz for an actor I really really like, so that would exclude Ryan Reynolds. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate the guy or anything, he just was never something I particularly looked forward to in films.
"Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol. 2" is officially filming. Which means it's time for behind-the-scenes social media photos!http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/harpy
In case you needed another reason to see the reboot, here it is.
With the election cycle in full swing, you'll also have plenty of small screen entertainment to keep the politically charged energy brewing. Netflix drops the new season of "House Of Cards" next month, and later this spring, HBO has a couple of their own projects up their sleeve. First, on April 16th, will be "Confirmation," a dramatization of Anita Hall's battle against Clarence Thomas during his Supreme Court hearings.
Writer-director Tobias Lindholm knows how to keep a human perspective in his storytelling, no matter how outsized the drama or the dilemmas facing his characters. His 2012 film “A Hijacking” hit U.S.
- IndieWire: The Most Powerful Oscar Nominee You Probably Haven't Seen Will Air on PBS for Free
- Entertainment Weekly: Review: 'A War': EW review
Just before they set off on CBS’ $1 million race around the world, TheWrap asked the 11 social media star teams of the next “Amazing Race” to size each other up and decide who has the most Likes. Also Read: 11 'Amazing Race' Teams Ranked by Social Media Presence (Photos) They include Tyler Oakley, who is on President Obama’s White House invite list, “Magic Viner” Zack King, who boasts more followers than the CBS show, and many more with a gift for making online friends — and “Amazing Race” enemies. The video was recorded in November 2015,
Last summer we learned that Joe Carnahan (The Grey, The A-Team) was interested in directing Bad Boys 3, which Sony has scheduled for a 2017 release. He was never officially confirmed for the job, but these new pre-visualization images he shared on Twitter are all the confirmation you need that Carnahan is behind the wheel on the long-developing sequel. Continue reading…
- Latino Review: Joe Carnahan Officially Directing BAD BOYS III?
- Cinema Blend: Bad Boys 3 Teases Its Villain, And A Replacement For Michael Bay
Deadline reports Divergent actress Ashley Judd has joined the cast of the revived Twin Peaks in an undisclosed role. The site reports actor Warren Frost may make a cameo as Dr.
Universal has landed upÂ the rights for the nextÂ Gillian Flynn cinematic adaptation. The studio won a three-party bidding war for Flynnâs short storyÂ The Grownup, EW confirmed. The Gone GirlÂ authorÂ will produce alongside Michael De Luca (The Social Network), with Natalie...
HOUSE OF THE CARDS, the acclaimed Netflix drama, is set to return to the streaming network very soon.
- Shock Till You Drop: Check Out the Bloody Anti-Valentine Short TILL DEATH DO US PART
The first clip from Alex Proyas' GODS OF EGYPT has been released, and if you weren't sold on the film based on the trailers, well, I highly doubt it will change your mind. The clip sees Nikolaj Coster-Waldau's Horus, God of the Sky, confronting Chadwick Boseman's Thoth, God of Knowledge, and has some very cringe-worthy acting and dialogue. Maybe the rest of the movie won't be... Read More...
PLOT: The young widow (Rebecca Hall) of a cult musician begins to fall for an academic (Jason Sudeikis) that she’s hired to collaborate with her on a biography of her late husband. REVIEW: Once the dominant genre of American cinema (rivaled only by the western), romantic comedies have become something Hollywood’s having more and more trouble pulling off nowadays. They tend to be predictable,... Read More...
The Revenant crawled back to the number 1 spot, pushing animated sequel Kung Fu Panda 3 down to 2nd and passing the $300 million mark worldwide. The Revenant brought $24.6 million this past weekend, thanks in part to solid debuts in Spain ($4 million) and Brazil ($2.2 million), as well as strong holdovers across the board. […] Read International Box Office: The Revenant Crawls Back to the Top on Filmonic.
AMC has released the first four minutes of the mid-season premiere of the Walking Dead as we see Darryl Dixon, Sasha Williams, and Abraham Ford confronted by a gang of men under the control of Negan. And for those of you waiting for the return of Fear the Walking Dead... there is a quick teaser for that as well. The Walking Dead returns Sunday February 14th on AMC. Click here to view the embedded video. Click here to view the embedded video. First 4 Minutes Of The Walking Dead Mid-Season Premiere
Mr. Right Trailer: Anna Kendrick stars in Mr. Right as a woman who falls for a wonderful guy (Sam Rockwell). Little does she know that he's a hit man on the run from dangerous criminal cartels. Tim Roth also stars; the movie opens in theaters on April 8. [Movieclips] Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Trailer: A new, NSFW trailer for Whiskey Tango Foxtrot features a bit of salty language as reporter Tina Fey discovers that covering warfare in Afghanistan and Pakistan is far more...Read MoreRead Comments
- Film School Rejects: Watch Anna Kendrick and Sam Rockwell Charm and Kill in Mr. Right Trailer
Netflix has the habit of renewing their shows as fast as possible, announcing new seasons the Monday after a new batch of episodes has dropped. In the case of House of Cards, they renewed their flagship series for a fifth season weeks before season four dropped.
Our friends at Severin Films are approaching the miraculous Blu-ray release of Danish dwarfsploitation classic, The Sinful Dwarf and they've done something special to celebrate. They are selling one of the most amazing/awful movie tie-ins I've ever seen, a Sinful Dwarf plush toy.Disturbing.This plush, which is an actual thing that I must own as soon as possible, is made in the extremely unsettling likeness of Sinful Dwarf star, Torben Bille. The doll sells for the criminally low price of $16.99 and is strictly limited in nature.
- Dread Central: Masturbate with The Sinful Dwarf!
ASSASSIN'S CREED or ASSASSIN'S CREED: THE MOVIE is based on the best-selling video game franchise from Ubisoft, who recently launched a film division called Ubisoft Motion Pictures which will oversee production on film adaptations based on their notable video game franchises such as TOM CLANCY'S SPLINTER CELL, WATCHDOGS, TOM CLANCY'S RAINBOW SIX and RABBIDS all while having creative control.Ubisoft recently wrote a new entry on their official blog about visiting the set of the highly-anticipated ASSASSIN'S CREED film starring Michael Fassbender.
George Clooney‘s “Suburbicon” is heading to Paramount, according to multiple media reports. The star is directing the dramedy, which is written by Joel and Ethan Coen, who also wrote and directed Clooney’s most recent film, “Hail, Caesar!” It is set in the quiet family town of “Suburbicon,” where the best and worst of humanity is hilariously reflected through the deeds of seemingly ordinary people.
Make-a-Wish Australia gave 9-year-old Domenic Pace the day of a lifetime by making him 'Iron Boy', with Robert Downey Jr. making him an honorary Avenger.
It looks like the end-credits scene in Ant-Man, where Falcon and Captain America find Bucky is not the start of Captain America: Civil War. As evidenced by Cap's clothing, that scene looks to pick up in the middle of Civil War, which would indicate that parts of Ant-Man and Civil War are occurring simultaneously. CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR SYNOPSIS Marvel’s Captain America: Civil War finds Steve Rogers leading the newly formed team of Avengers in their continued efforts to safeguard humanity.
Groan and swipe right. Dakota Johnson and Rebel Wilson are wasted here.
Perfect for your V-Day Netflix and Chill sesh.
- Film School Rejects: Romantic Comedies, Still Making Us Stupid After All These Years
The Mission Is In The Memories. Lionsgate has debuted a trailer for an intriguing high-concept sci-fi film called Criminal, that is indeed about a couple of criminals, but also so much more. Ryan Reynolds plays a deceased CIA operative whose memories and thoughts are implanted into the mind of a criminal, played by Kevin Costner, who is recruited by the head of the CIA, played by Gary Oldman, to finish a mission. The cast includes Gal Gadot, Alice Eve, Scott Adkins, Antje Traue, Michael Pitt and Tommy Lee Jones as the Doc.
Nearly a year ago, we found out that Sony was going to take The Smurfs in an all-new direction on the big screen. Instead of continuing the live-action animation hybrid franchise, they opted to have Sony Pictures Animation develop an all-new animated film that would essentially reboot the blue creatures on film. Now the film has a title and more voices to add to its roster. The movie is called Smurfs: The Lost Village, and it will follow Smurfette (Demi Lovato) on a journey to find out what her purpose in life is, and why she’s the only girl in the village.
IFC Midnight Whether or not you’re a fan of Eli Roth‘s 2002 feature, Cabin Fever, there are elements that make it one of the early 21st century’s more memorable horror films. As a debut it marked Roth as an energetic film maker to watch, the practical makeup/gore effectively played up the always-disturbing body-horror angle, and it put a fresh spin on the cabin-in-the-woods scenario by avoiding both slasher killers and the supernatural. It also introduced us, without reason or explanation, to the “pancakes!” kid.
- Dread Central: Today on VOD: Cabin Fever and Nina Forever
Emily Blunt and Charlize Theron play two sisters who go to war over the throne in a new TV spot for 'The Huntsman: Winter's War'.
VAMPIRE HUNTER RAYNA CRUZ (GUEST STAR LESLIE-ANNE HUFF) ARRIVES TO MYSTIC FALLS -- When complications from her supernatural pregnancy leave Caroline’s (Candice King) life hanging in the balance, Stefan (Paul Wesley) and Valerie (guest star Elizabeth Blackmore) take extreme measures to try and save her and the babies. Meanwhile, after uncovering a dark secret about Damon (Ian Somerhalder), Enzo (Michael Malarkey) uses the information to force Damon into helping him track down Rayna Cruz (guest star Leslie-Anne Huff), a ruthless vampire hunter who is on the loose.
Opening This Week
How to Be Single
Total Likes: --
Today's Likes: --