Top Movie News for May 2, 2016
Director James Wan hints that Aquaman will fit right in with his horror movies and Furious 7 when talking about the movie's tone.
- Cinema Blend: Will Aquaman Be As Dark As Batman V Superman? James Wan Has This To Say
- Cinema Blend: Every Superhero Movie That Has Made More Money Than Batman V Superman
- We Got This Covered: Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice Now Stands As 7th Highest-Grossing Comic Book Movie Ever
- Dark Horizons: "Batman v Superman" Closing Out With $875M
- Screen Crush: This Zack Snyder Interview From 2008 Proves That 'Batman vs. Superman' Is Just Another 'Watchmen'
- Bleeding Cool: Funny Or Die’s Theory On Why Batman Hates Superman
- Latino Review: 'BATMAN V SUPERMAN' Is One Large Disappointment at The Box Office
- Comic Book Movie: Here's Funny Or Die's Take On BATMAN V SUPERMAN
- Comic Book Movie: BOX OFFICE: BATMAN v SUPERMAN Falls Short Of $900 Million, But Is Still 7th Biggest Superhero Movie Ever
- Dark Horizons: Wan Shoots Down "Aquaman" Rumors
- Cinema Blend: 6 Villain-Heavy Batman Stories Ben Affleck Needs To Use For His Solo Batman Movie
- Comic Book Movie: Will 'Batman' Ally 'Alfred Pennyworth' Return In JUSTICE LEAGUE? Jeremy Irons Reveals All!
- SlashFilm: ‘Justice League’ Is Bringing Back Jeremy Irons as Alfred to Help Batman Round Up the Team
- Screen Crush: 'Justice League' Recruits Jeremy Irons' Alfred to Keep Batman in Line
- Comic Book Movie: RUMOR: THE BATMAN Unlikely To Adapt "Under The Red Hood" But We Will See LOTS Of Other Villains
- SlashFilm: Rumor: Ben Affleck’s Batman Movie Will Feature a Ton of Iconic Villains
- MovieWeb: Batman Movie Won't Have Red Hood, Will Have Iconic Villains
- ScreenRant: What Villains Are Going to Appear in Batman’s Solo Movie?
- Latino Review: Ben Affleck and Geoff Johns to Make the Definitive 'BATMAN' Film
- Comic Book Movie: Here's James Wan's Subtle Response To Rumors That He May Be Leaving AQUAMAN
- Bleeding Cool: James Wan Responds To Aquaman Rumors
- Latino Review: Director James Wan Responds To The 'AQUAMAN' Rumors
- Latino Review: Jeremy Irons Will Bring Batman’s Alfred to Zack Snyder's 'JUSTICE LEAGUE: PART ONE'
- Screen Crush: Everyone Remain Calm, James Wan Isn't Leaving 'Aquaman'
- ScreenRant: Aquaman: Director James Wan Refutes Departure Rumors
- JoBlo: James Wan responds to rumors that he may be leaving Aquaman
- Fandango Movie Blog: DC Superhero Movie Buzz: Ben Affleck Wants to Make the Definitive 'Batman' Movie
- Entertainment Weekly: James Wan posts to social media after 'Aquaman' rumors surface
- Comic Book Movie: 10 Iconic Villains Most Likely To Make Cameo Appearances In Ben Affleck's THE BATMAN
- MovieWeb: Aquaman Director James Wan Responds to Exit Rumors
New posts from the WHIH World News Twitter feed reveal that governments around the world are searching for Hulk in Captain America: Civil War.
- Badass Digest: How EMPIRE STRIKES BACK Helped Keep CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR’s Ending
- We Got This Covered: 10 Ways Captain America: Civil War Sets Up Future MCU Movies
- Cinema Blend: 10 Things To Know About Black Panther Before Captain America: Civil War
- ScreenRant: Captain America: Civil War Clip; Chadwick Boseman On Black Panther’s Accent
- Comic Book Movie: SPOILERS: 10 Awesome (And Surprising) Ways CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR Sets Up Marvel's Phase 3 Movies
- Comic Book Movie: BOX OFFICE: CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR Has Already Passed $200 Million Worldwide
- Entertainment Weekly: 'Captain America: Civil War' opens to $200 million internationally
- The Wrap: ‘Captain America: Civil War’ — What Is the Post-Credits Scene?
- The Wrap: ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Muscles to $200.2 Million Overseas
- ScreenRant: Captain America: Civil War Crosses $200 Million At International Box Office
- Comic Book Movie: CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR Directors Tease SPIDER-MAN's Relationship With IRON MAN Moving Forward
- MovieWeb: Captain America: Civil War Grabs $200M in Overseas Box Office Debut
- MovieWeb: Disney Dominates Weekend Box Office with Jungle Book & Captain America: Civil War
- BoxOfficeMojo: Analysis: 'Jungle Book' Dominates Domestically While 'Captain America: Civil War' Explodes in Overseas Opening
- Comic Book Movie: Watch Stan Lee (Sort Of) Reveal His Allegiance In This CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR Promo Video
- Comic Book Movie: Latest CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR TV Spot Features BLACK PANTHER Unmasked
- Latino Review: 'CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR' Off To A Commanding Start Worldwide, and More
- Coming Soon: CS Video: Elizabeth Olsen and Jeremy Renner on Captain America
- Coming Soon: Marvel Announces The Ultimate Captain America Marathon this Thursday!
- Cinema Blend: 6 Times Captain America Proved He's An American Hero
- Screen Crush: 'Spider-Man' Star Tom Holland Wants Captain America to Appear in 'Homecoming'
- Comic Book Movie: Check Out CAPTAIN AMERICA Star Chris Evans' Hilarious Reaction To Being Scared By A Guy Dressed As 'Iron Man'
- JoBlo: Exclusive Video: Pop-Up Movie Facts: Captain America: The Winter Soldier
- MovieWeb: Civil War Directors Talk Spider-Man & Iron Man Relationship
- Fandango Movie Blog: Celebrate 'Captain America' with Mini No-Bake Cheesecakes
- Entertainment Weekly: Watch the trailer for Civil War comedy 'Men Go to Battle'
- Dread Central: Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer Vanquishes Ancient Horrors
- Comic Book Movie: Governments Around The World Are Looking For The HULK
'Space Jam 2' has been confirmed -- MTV News' Adam Fleischer and Gaby Wilson fantasy-cast the sequel.
- Variety: ‘Space Jam’ Sequel Starring LeBron James to Be Directed by Justin Lin
- Coming Soon: Justin Lin to Direct LeBron James in Space Jam 2!
- Deadline: Justin Lin Comes Aboard To Help Develop ‘Space Jam 2’
- IGN Movies: Space Jam 2 Recruits Fast & Furious Director
- Moviefone: Justin Lin to Direct LeBron James in 'Space Jam 2': Report
- IndieWire: 'Space Jam 2': Justin Lin to Take His Chance, Do His Dance With LeBron James in Highly Anticipated Sequel
- AintItCool: Space Jam 2 attracting a Fast & Furious director!
- Cinema Blend: Space Jam 2 Officially Is Happening With LeBron James, Get The Details
- Badass Digest: Justin Lin To Direct Next Episode Of The SPACE JAM Saga
- Vulture: Space Jam 2 Is Happening With LeBron James and Justin Lin
- We Got This Covered: Space Jam 2 Moves Forward With Justin Lin At The Helm, LeBron James Attached
- Dark Horizons: Justin Lin To Helm "Space Jam" Sequel
- The Wrap: Justin Lin in Talks to Direct ‘Space Jam 2’ Starring LeBron James
- Screen Crush: 'Fast and Furious' Director Justin Lin Heads to 'Space Jam 2'
- JoBlo: Space Jam 2 finally happening with LeBron James and Justin Lin
- Entertainment Weekly: 'Space Jam' sequel with LeBron James, Justin Lin in development
- Twitch: Oh Boy, SPACE JAM 2 Coming With Justin Lin At The Helm
- MovieWeb: Space Jam 2 Is Happening with LeBron James & Director Justin Lin
- ScreenRant: Space Jam 2 with LeBron James Moving Forward; Justin Lin May Direct
- Bleeding Cool: Space Jam Sequel In The Works With Justin Lin And LeBron James
- HitFix: Warner wants Justin Lin to sprinkle his franchise magic on 'Space Jam 2' with LeBron James
- Latino Review: Breaking News: LeBron James to Star in 'SPACE JAM' Sequel with Justin Lin Directing
Di Bonaventura Pictures (1408, TRANSFORMERS) and Caliber Media (DARK WAS THE NIGHT, SOME KIND OF HATE) partnered up to option the rights to develop a brand new take on Charles Band’s cult classic horror film franchise PUPPET MASTER. With the intention to produce multiple storylines within this new universe, the producers have set S.
- Deadline: ‘Puppet Master’ Reboot In Works With S. Craig Zahler Penning Script
- Coming Soon: Puppet Master Reboot in the Works from Transformers Producer
- Shock Till You Drop: BONE TOMAHAWK’s S. Craig Zahler to Write Remake of Charles Band’s PUPPET MASTER
- Variety: ‘Puppet Master’ Reboot in Development With ‘Transformers’ Producers
- IndieWire: 'Puppet Master' Reboot: Straight-to-Video Horror Franchise to Return from the Dead With 'The Littlest Reich'
- IGN Movies: Transformers Producer Rebooting Puppet Master
- Badass Digest: The Team Behind BONE TOMAHAWK Is Rebooting The PUPPET MASTER Franchise
- Dread Central: Puppet Master Coming Back in a BIG Way!
- Dark Horizons: 'Tomahawk' Helmer Reboots "Puppet Master"
- AintItCool: Lorenzo Di Bonaventura and Bone Tomahawk's S. Craig Zahler to bring PUPPET MASTER back?!?
- Vulture: The Puppet Master Franchise Is Getting a Reboot, Great News for Murder Puppet Enthusiasts Everywhere
- We Got This Covered: Bone Tomahawk Director To Pull Strings On Puppet Master Reboot
- Chud: Charles Band And Caliber Media Announce Puppet Master Reboot
- ScreenRant: Puppet Master Reboot From Transformers Producer Moving Forward
- JoBlo: Bone Tomahawk's S. Craig Zahler to script Puppet Master reboot
- MovieWeb: Puppet Master Reboot Gets Bone Tomahawk Writer
- HitFix: 'Puppet Master': 'Transformers' producers to breathe new life into horror series
- Entertainment Weekly: 'Bone Tomahawk' director to reboot 'Puppet Master' franchise
- SlashFilm: ‘Puppet Master’ Reboot on the Way From ‘Transformers’ Producer and ‘Bone Tomahawk’ Writer
Will we see more of Martin Freeman in the Marvel cinematic universe after Captain America: Civil War? Want to see what it will be like to ride the new Joker roller coaster in New Jersey? How much did Paul Rudd geek out when he walked on the Civil War set? How do M&M’s help Nightcrawler and Storm pass the time?
- Cinema Blend: New X-Men: Apocalypse Video Takes You On A Deep Tour Of The X-Mansion
- Cinema Blend: Bryan Singer Fires Back At X-Men Critics Who Hated Apocalypse's Look, Here's What He Said
- Cinema Blend: A Major X-Men: Apocalypse Rumor Just Got Shot Down, Here's What We Know
- Cinema Blend: How X-Men Is Drastically Changing Oscar Isaac To Play Apocalypse
- AintItCool: X-MEN APOCALYPSE gets a featurette to explain about Apocalypse, the character!
- Filmonic: Box Office: May Preview – Civil War, X-Men and Alice
- ScreenRant: X-Men Apocalypse TV Spot & X-Mansion Featurettes
- Comic Book Movie: 'Apocalypse' Towers Over The 'X-Men' & His Horsemen In New X-MEN: APOCALYPSE Promo Poster
- Comic Book Movie: 'Apocalypse' Towers Over Everyone In This New X-MEN: APOCALYPSE Promo Poster; Fan Screening Set For Monday
- Bleeding Cool: X-Men: Apocalypse Featurette Focuses On The Ancient Mutant Adversary
- Comic Book Movie: X-MEN Director Bryan Singer Responds To Fan Complaints About 'Apocaylpse' And 'Ivan Ooze' Comparisons
- Latino Review: Excellent 'X-MEN: APOCALYPSE' Featurette And Singer Comments On Villain's Uncanny Voice
- ScreenRant: X-Men: Apocalypse Video – The History of Apocalypse
- The Wrap: Bryan Singer Responds to ‘X-Men: Apocalypse’ Criticism
- MovieWeb: X-Men: Apocalypse Preview Explores the History of en Sabah Nur
- SlashFilm: ‘X-Men: Apocalypse’ Featurette Explains What Apocalypse is All About (and Why He Wants to Kill You)
- ScreenRant: X-Men: Director Bryan Singer Talks Apocalypse Criticisms
- SlashFilm: ‘X-Men: Apocalypse’: Bryan Singer Addresses Backlash Over the Villain’s Voice
Its not a new phenomenon, a lot of movie trailers feature shots from movies that don’t end up on the big screen. This usually takes the form of scenes or moments that hit the cutting room floor in the time between the early marketing and release date.
- Screen Crush: 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Removed This Anakin Skywalker Easter Egg
- ScreenRant: LEGO Star Wars: May 4th Force Awakens Promo & Freemaker Adventures Trailer
- Entertainment Weekly: LOL through 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' as told by emojis
- Variety: ‘Star Wars’ Sequel Should Have Gay Characters, GLAAD Says
- Cinema Blend: 4 Major Star Wars Surprises We Think Could Happen On May The Fourth
- Cinema Blend: GLAAD Wants Gay Characters In Star Wars, Will It Happen?
- Dark Horizons: GLAAD: "Star Wars" Needs Gay Characters
- Cinema Blend: Star Wars 7 As Told By Emojis Is Adorable And Clever, Watch It Now
- Variety: Why Studios Fear Putting Gay Characters in Movies Like ‘Star Wars’ and ‘The Avengers’
- Screen Crush: New 'Star Wars: Episode 8' Set Photos Show Off the Millennium Falcon
- Comic Book Movie: Intriguing STAR WARS EPISODE VIII Set Video Reveal The Millennium Falcon And Jedi Steps
- JoBlo: Millennium Falcon spotted in new Star Wars: Episode VIII set pics
- Latino Review: A Slew Of Set Pics From 'STAR WARS: EPISODE VIII' Are HERE!
- MovieWeb: GLAAD Wants Gay Characters in Star Wars 8, Will It Happen?
No one expected this kind of support behind DREDD, the 2012 cult favorite starring Karl Urban that improved in every way upon what Sylvester Stallone had previously done to the comic book character. At the time of its release, there were those who were ready to criticize it for being too close premise-wise to Gareth Evans' THE RAID: REDEMPTION, and others who saw it as another comic cast-off that... Read More...
- We Got This Covered: Karl Urban Reveals “Conversations Are Happening” Regarding Dredd TV Series
- ScreenRant: Karl Urban on Dredd Return: ‘Conversations Are Happening’
- Latino Review: Karl Urban Says "Conversations Are Happening" Regarding DREDD Sequel
- SlashFilm: Karl Urban Says “Conversations Are Happening” About a ‘Dredd’ TV Series
- Badass Digest: Karl Urban Says A DREDD Series Might Actually Be Happening
- IGN Movies: Karl Urban Says a Dredd TV Series Could Happen
- MovieWeb: Karl Urban May Return in Judge Dredd TV Series
- Dark Horizons: Something IS Happening With "Dredd 2"?
- Dread Central: Dredd Series Captures Attention of Streaming Services!
- Comic Book Movie: It Sounds Like That DREDD Series On Netflix Is Now One Step Closer To Becoming A Reality
Scarlett Johansson and ZoÃ« Kravitz will also star
- Variety: Kate McKinnon, Ilana Glazer, Jillian Bell Join Scarlett Johansson Comedy ‘Rock That Body’
- IndieWire: Ilana Glazer, Kate McKinnon, and Jillian Bell Join Scarlett Johansson In Sony Comedy From 'Broad City' Veterans
- Vulture: Ilana Glazer, Kate McKinnon, and Jillian Bell RSVP for Scarlett Johansson’s Bachelorette Party Comedy
- The Wrap: Kate McKinnon, Ilana Glazer, Jillian Bell Join Scarlett Johansson in Sony Comedy
- Badass Digest: Kate McKinnon (And Several Other Funny Ladies) Join Scarlett Johansson’s ROCK THAT BODY
- Coming Soon: More Stars Join Scarlett Johansson in the Rock That Body Cast
- Entertainment Weekly: The Rock spends the day with a cancer patient on 'Baywatch' set
- We Got This Covered: Grand Prix Rock ‘N Racing Will Race Onto Xbox One This Month
- Cinema Blend: Jack Black Surprised The New School Of Rock Cast, Here's What Happened
- Vulture: Dwayne Johnson Released an Alarm-Clock App and You Better Goddamn Believe It’s Called Rock Clock
- The Wrap: Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson Unveils New ‘Rock Clock’ App
- Entertainment Weekly: Wake up to The Rock with Dwayne Johnson's new app
comScore today announced the official worldwide weekend box office estimates for the weekend of May 1, 2016, as compiled by the company's theatrical measurement services.As the trusted official standard for real-time worldwide box office reporting, comScore provides the only theater-level reporting in the world.
- Screen Crush: Weekend Box Office Report: 'The Jungle Book' Is King of the Box Office Jungle Once Again
- Moviefone: 5 Reasons Why Nothing Can Stop 'Jungle Book' at the Box Office
- Entertainment Weekly: Box office report: 'The Jungle Book' threepeats with $42 million
- JoBlo: Weekend Box Office Report: April 29-May 1, 2016
- ScreenRant: Weekend Box Office Wrap-up: May 1, 2016
- Deadline: ‘Waitress’ Is Looking Hit-like, Dramas Rising At Jumpy Broadway Box Office
- Variety: Broadway Box Office: ‘Wicked’ Hits a Milestone
- Screen Crush: 'The Jungle Book' Images Reveal Astonishing VFX Transformations
In the closing moments of last night's episode of Game of Thrones, the ultimate fate of Jon Snow was finally revealed: the bastard of Winterfell lives again. It took some persuasion from Davos, but Melisandre used some of her sorcery (well, in this case necromancy) to raise the former Lord Commander of the Night's Watch from the dead. Many fans did see something like this coming to be fair, but Kit Harington was still sworn to secrecy, and had to insist Snow was dead whenever he was quizzed about it in interviews.
- IndieWire: Jon Snow Speaks: 'It’s a Massive Season' for the Resurrected 'Game of Thrones' Star
- Badass Digest: Hot Take: Last Night’s GAME OF THRONES Ending Was Good
- Vulture: Last Night’s Game of Thrones Twist Couldn’t Have Been More Disappointing
- Comic Book Movie: New Promo For GAME OF THRONES Season 6 Episode 3: "Oathbreaker"
- JoBlo: TV Review: Game of Thrones, Season 6, Episode 2 "Home"
- Bleeding Cool: Well-Fed Dogs And Other Thoughts On Game Of Thrones Season Six, Episode Two
- Bleeding Cool: A Gift For Ramsay And Daenerys Returns To Vaes Dothrak In A Preview Of Next Week’s Game Of Thrones
- SlashFilm: ‘Game of Thrones’ – The 10 Most Important Moments in ‘Home’
- Dark Horizons: "Thrones" Star On Jon Snow's Ultimate Fate
Directors Joe and Anthony Russo tease that there likely won't be any room for Marvel TV characters in Avengers: Infinity War.
- Cinema Blend: Why Avengers: Infinity War Still Doesn't Plan To Include Any Marvel TV Heroes
- Latino Review: Russo Brothers Comment On Whether Or Not We Will See Netflix Marvel Characters In 'AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR'
- Deadline: ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Review: It’s Chris Evans Vs. Robert Downey Jr As Avengers Take Sides
- USA Today: Catching up with the Avengers before 'Civil War'
- ScreenRant: Captain America: Civil War Directors Discuss Marvel Studios Process
- The Wrap: Every Marvel Post-Credits Scene Leading Up to ‘Captain America: Civil War’ (Videos)
- ScreenRant: Captain America: Civil War’s Martin Freeman Eager For More Marvel Films
- Screen Crush: Marvel Announces Ultimate 'Captain America' Marathon For 'Civil War'
When Star Trek: Enterprise aired its series finale back in 2005, the Star Trek franchise had enjoyed an uninterrupted presence on television since 1987; an impressive achievement to be sure, but looking back on the "franchise fatigue" which many fans felt as the series' went on and on, perhaps a few breaks would have been a good thing. J.J. Abrams' rebooted STAR TREK... Read More...
- Deadline: ‘Star Trek’: CBS Series To Begin Filming This Fall In Toronto
- Variety: ‘Star Trek’ CBS Series to Shoot in Toronto
- Cinema Blend: Star Trek 4 May Already Be In The Works, Here's What We Know
- SlashFilm: ‘Space Jam 2’ Is Really Happening with LeBron James and ‘Star Trek Beyond’ Director Justin Lin
- SlashFilm: Paramount Getting Ready for ‘Star Trek 4’
- Screen Crush: Paramount Is Reportedly Already Planning 'Star Trek 4'
By now, most of us know the story of Mad Max director George Miller and his never-realized Justice League project but did you know there was another famous film he almost went on to direct for Warner Bros.?http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/harpy
- ScreenRant: Jeremy Irons’ Alfred Confirmed For Justice League Movie
- Bleeding Cool: Jeremy Irons To Return As Alfred In Justice League
- MovieWeb: Justice League Brings Back Jeremy Irons as Alfred
- JoBlo: Jeremy Irons will return as Alfred Pennyworth in The Justice League Part One
- The Wrap: Warner Bros, Todd Phillips Sued for Fraud Over ‘War Dogs’ Manuscript
Taika Waititi is a filmmaker people should really start getting comfortable with. A lot of attention will be paid to his next and biggest project to date - THOR: RAGNAROK - because that's what happens when you direct a chapter in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. However, people would stand to benefit from checking out his films which came before the third... Read More...
- IndieWire: 'Hunt for the Wilderpeople' Poster: Nature Is Gangster in New Look at Taika Waititi's Sundance Hit
- Coming Soon: Sam Neill in the Hunt for the Wilderpeople Trailer and Poster
- AintItCool: Check out the awesome trailer for the awesome Kiwi comedy HUNT FOR THE WILDERPEOPLE!
- Badass Digest: HUNT FOR THE WILDERPEOPLE Gets Another Totally Charming Trailer
- SlashFilm: ‘Hunt for the Wilderpeople’ Trailer: A Hilarious Manhunt Through the Woods of New Zealand
After releasing just four films in four decades, Terrence Malick suddenly became much more prolific starting with 2011’s Tree of Life. To the Wonder and Knight of Cups followed in quick succession, and Weightless should be coming along in the not-too-distant future. Even as he’s picked up his pace, though, he’s taken his good sweet time with Voyage of Time, a documentary which aims to the entire story of the universe.
- IndieWire: Will Terrence Malick's 'Voyage of Time' Really Come Out This Fall?
- Dark Horizons: Malick's "Voyage of Time" Sets Release Date
- Screen Crush: Terrence Malick's 30-Years-in-the-Making 'Voyage of Time' Finally Coming in October
- Entertainment Weekly: Terrence Malick doc, 30 years in the making, gets release date
- FirstShowing.net: Malick's IMAX Film 'Voyage of Time' Officially Set to Open This October
The few Hollywood films to represent LGBT characters in 2015 did so in damaging and dangerous ways, according to a new report released Monday by GLAAD. Only 17.5 percent of major movie releases were found inclusive by the media watchdog, and characters drawn in films like “Get Hard” and “Hot Tub Time Machine 2” were labeled stereotypes that won laughs from “gay panic” — or scenarios in which straight characters are distressed by social or sexual situations involving LGBT people. “Leaving LGBT people out of the picture — or including them on
- The Wrap: See Which Major Studios Had No LGBT Characters in 2015 Movies
- USA Today: GLAAD report: Hollywood studios failing LGBT community
- Screen Crush: GLAAD Study Finds LGBT Representation In Hollywood Isn't Getting Any Better
- IndieWire: 'Fire Song' Trailer: LGBT Drama Explores the Aftermath of a Shocking Tragedy
Brad Weston is stepping down as president and CEO of New Regency after nearly five years in the role, TheWrap has learned. A statement issued by both Arnon Milchan, founder of New Regency, and Weston indicated that the decision was mutual and that Weston is moving on to a new challenge. New Regency is coming off of two big Oscar-winning hits with “The Revenent” and “The Big Short.” Past successes include “Birdman,” “12 Years A Slave” and “Gone Girl.” Also Read: Warren Beatty's Howard Hughes Movie Expected This Fall From Fox, New
The holiday themed romantic comedy Mother's Day bombs at the box office despite the star power of Julia Roberts, Jennifer Aniston and Kate Hudson.
Ross Lynch is well onÂ his way to becomingÂ the next Zac Efron. TheÂ Teen Beach MovieÂ star has been cast to lead upÂ Offspring Entertainment and Brightlight Picturesâ upcoming comedy,Â Status Update. Scott Speer (Step Up Revolution) directs from Jason Filardiâs script. The...
Tickled is a documentary about power when one is the 'tickler'. Tickled is a documentary about the sudden whiplash from silly to terror when one is the 'ticklee'. Tickled is David Farrier's investigative reporting magnum opus, a deeply engaging ride-along that is darn near impossible to properly review without spoilers. In fact that last sentence, and the two preceding it are probably spoilers to those sensitive about such things. If you wish to go into Tickled as clean as possible, read on at your own risk. I will attempt to tread lightly.
Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele‘s kitten comedy, “Keanu,” could not claw its way into the hearts of moviegoers, bringing in a weaker-than-expected $9.4 million, as “The Jungle Book” reigned at No. 1 for a third straight weekend with a $42.4 million gross. The Warner Bros.
It turns out the rumors were true! 20th Century Fox has officially announced that an extended edition of Ridley Scott's THE MARTIAN will be released this summer on June 7th. The extended cut, which will be available for purchase on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, Digital HD and DVD, will feature 10 minutes of new footage, and it will also include more than two hours of behind-the-scenes content, such as deleted... Read More...
There's a lot of trepidation about Bryan Singer's X-MEN: APOCALYPSE, and it really all stemmed from the very first picture we saw of the titular villain. Bathed in a purple and pink hue, it brought forth images of Ivan Ooze from the POWER RANGERS movie, and not of an X-Men villain to be feared. Recent pictures and trailers have rectified this, although now his voice seems to be changing in each... Read More...
- Dark Horizons: Bryan Singer Takes On "Apocalypse" Criticism
- Dread Central: The Forces of Heaven and Hell Wage War in Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse
Comingsoon.net has posted a few photos of actor Finn Jones as Danny Rand in Marvel and Netflix‘s upcoming Iron Fist. As this photo illustrates, Danny looks a little unkempt. Or, at least, a little more casual than most of the people we’ve seen on the streets of Marvel’s Manhattan. In the series, Danny returns to New York after a number of years away. He will bring his mastery of martial arts and the Iron Fist to the city’s criminal underworld. Iron Fist will debut on Netflix in 2017. Iron Fist Or The Dude? — The First Photos Of Finn Jones As Iron Fist Emerge
- We Got This Covered: Iron Fist Set Photos Showcase A Student In Training
- Comic Book Movie: New IRON FIST Set Photo Hints At Things To Come
The American Film Institute will award honorary Doctorate of Fine Arts degrees to Quentin Tarantino and Rita Moreno as part of its Class of 2016, the organization announced on Monday. Both Moreno and Tarantino will be recognized for their contributions to the art of the moving image during the AFI Conservatory’s commencement ceremony on June 15, 2016 at the historic TCL Chinese Theatre. Also Read: Quentin Tarantino Plans to Make 'Hateful Eight' Into a Play Past honorary degrees have been given to filmmakers including Robert Altman, Maya Angelou, Kathryn Bigelow, Mel Brooks, A
With only several days to go until the release of CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR, anticipations seem to be sky-high, not only because the film has been receiving praise from just about everyone, but because the film will serve as our first introduction to the brand-new Spider-Man played by Tom Holland. As for how Spider-Man gets involved in the superheroic brouhaha that is CIVIL WAR, it... Read More...
Director Daniel Adams and music producer Michael Flanders have teamed up to launch Spiderworx Media, a $50 million fund created to produce theatrical films and serve as both a music publisher and P&A fund. Flanders, the former head of A&R of Arctic/BMG Australia and an award-winning music producer in both Australia and Nashville, raised the capital for the new company through his previous investors in the music publishing world.
TVLine reports that Arrow has begun a casting search for “James,” an “irrepressibly charming” character to debut in the fifth season of the show. The character breakdown obtained by the site also refers to James as a man driven for revenge and as someone who would “just as easily shake your hand as your best friend or break your neck as your worst enemy.” Besides Maxwell Lord, played by the irresistibly charming Peter Facinelli on Supergirl, it is hard to think of characters that fit the bill.
The pressureÂ on the modern day mother to be perfect can beÂ rather intense. The idea behindÂ Bad Moms âÂ in theaters July 29 and written and directed by Jon Lucas and Scott Moore (who wrote The Hangover) âÂ is what could happen when a handful of moms, played by Mila Kunis, Kathryn...
- Coming Soon: Bad Moms Trailer Debuts with Green and Red Band Versions
- Latino Review: Green and Red Band Trailers for 'BAD MOMS' is HERE!!
Back in December of 2014, the video game company SEGA formed a new company called Stories International that would begin developing some of their popular game titles to adaptations into movies and TV shows. At the time, the titles thrown around for potential adaptation included Altered Beast, Streets of Rage, Rise of Nightmares, Crazy Taxi, Virtua Fighter, Golden Axe and Shinobi.
With the upcoming Warcraft movie due out this summer, Legendary has released a new character video featuring Durotan. Leader of the Frostwolf Clan, Durotan is the mate of Draka and father of Thrall. He has in important role in the Warcraft lore not only for his son but on his own merits as having dinned with the Prophet Velen and his involvement with the Burning Legion and being the first to stand up against Gul’dan. He is the Orc protagonist in the film and will be played by Toby Kebbell (Fantastic Four) as director Duncan Jones tells a story from both Human and Orc points of view.
- We Got This Covered: Warcraft: The Beginning Character Videos Divide Alliance From The Horde
In today’s edition of Sequel Bits: Watch new TV spot for Finding Dory. Fast 8 celebrates the start of production in Cuba. Guillermo del Toro confirms that he’s still writing The Haunted Mansion. Legendary and Warner Bros.
- Dread Central: Kong Faces Lawsuit on Skull Island
We’re gonna be calling a whole new team of Ghostbusters this summer, as Paul Feig‘s reboot has Kristen Wiig, Melissa McCarthy, Kate McKinnon, and Leslie Jones strapping on those proton packs for the very first time. But before we get there, perhaps you’d like to take a minute to look back at the old Ghostbusters team. Fathom Events has announced the original Ghostbusters will be coming back to theaters for a special engagement in June.
- Entertainment Weekly: 'Ghostbusters': The most scrutinized movie of the summer?
Last week, we took a look at the career of director Guy Hamilton. This week's subject is an actress who, at barely thirty, has already made a huge name for herself in a variety of genres... Scarlett Johansson I've been meaning to write up a Good/Bad/Badass on Scarlett Johansson for awhile now, but I kept putting it off in order to time the column to CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR, which... Read More...
Teen sensation Bella Thorne has signed with CAA after recently leaving WME. The rising starlet recently wrapped Tyler Perry‘s “Boo!
- Deadline: Actress Bella Thorne Signs With CAA
Do you plan on seeing Warcraft in theaters this June? Going by comments around these parts, skepticism is starting to turn into apprehensive optimism. The film certainly has a talented cast and director. The marketing appears to be hitting its stride as well, after a few questionable, early trailers. The video game adaptation will face competition at the box office from X-Men: Apocalypse (05/27), Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows (06/03), The Conjuring 2 (06/10), Central Intelligence (06/17) and Finding Dory (06/17).
Today marks the 18th Anniversary of the Battle of Hogwarts, with Harry Potter J.K. Rowling apologizing for killing off a beloved character.
Barack and Michelle Obama's first date gets the big screen treatment in a sneak peek at Southside With You.
It's been a while since we've seen The Kree on Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., but in tomorrow night's episode, "Failed Experiments", the blue-skinned alien warriors return with a vengeance. Check out the clip below, which finds Mack and his team about to enter a world of pain as the Kree make an explosive entrance. “Failed Experiments” - Coulson and his team race to combat Hive’s control over the Inhumans, as their enemy’s deadly plan for the human race is revealed, on “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.,” TUESDAY, MAY
- Latino Review: Comic Book Review: Postal #12
1. Jungle Book, TheGross: $42,439,000Total: $252,095,800
2. Huntsman: Winter's War, TheGross: $9,393,065Total: $33,989,090
3. KeanuGross: $9,350,000Total: $9,350,000
4. Mother's DayGross: $8,302,319Total: $8,302,319
5. Barbershop: The Next CutGross: $6,125,000Total: $44,705,640