Top Movie News for July 26, 2014
Benedict Cumberbatch and Tom Hardy were once rumored to be in the running to play the lead role in Marvel's Doctor Strange, but now, all signs seem to be pointing at Joaquin Phoenix. read more
- The Wrap: ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ Trailer Reaches Almost 7 Million Views in First 24 Hours
- Filmonic: The First Trailer for Fifty Shades of Grey
- Variety: ‘Fifty Shades’ Trailer Tops All Films on Social Media This Year
- Dark Horizons: Joaquin Phoenix Favored For "Doctor Strange"
- AintItCool: Has Marvel's DOCTOR STRANGE Casting Search Gone To Phoenix?
- Cinema Blend: Joaquin Phoenix May Be The Frontrunner To Play Doctor Strange
- Digital Spy: Benedict Cumberbatch at Comic-Con: 'Doctor Strange wouldn't work out'
- We Got This Covered: Joaquin Phoenix Eyed For Doctor Strange
- Moviefone: Joaquin Phoenix Is Reportedly in Talks For 'Doctor Strange': Here's Why That's a Good Thing
- Digital Spy: Joaquin Phoenix in talks to play lead in Marvel's Doctor Strange
- Dread Central: #SDCC14: Joaquin Phoenix in Talks for Doctor Strange
- IGN Movies: Joaquin Phoenix May Play Doctor Strange
- The Wrap: Joaquin Phoenix Eyed to Star in Marvel's ‘Doctor Strange’ (Exclusive)
- Film School Rejects: A Fetish Porn Performer Reviews the ’50 Shades of Grey’ Trailer
- Screen Crush: Joaquin Phoenix in Talks to Star in Marvel's 'Doctor Strange'
- Screen Crush: Who Is Doctor Strange? Everything to Know About Marvel's Sorcerer Supreme
- SlashFilm: Joaquin Phoenix in Talks for ‘Doctor Strange’ [Updated]
- ScreenRant: Joaquin Phoenix Might Play Marvel’s ‘Doctor Strange’
- FirstShowing.net: Joaquin Phoenix in Consideration to Lead Marvel's 'Doctor Strange'
- The Playlist: Joaquin Phoenix Considered For Marvel's 'Doctor Strange'
- Movies With Butter: Joaquin Phoenix in Talks for 'Doctor Strange'
- Comic Book Movie: UPDATE: Joaquin Phoenix In Talks To Play DOCTOR STRANGE For Marvel And Scott Derrickson
- IGN Movies: Joaquin Phoenix May Play Marvel Studios' Doctor Strange - IGN News
- Deadline: Comic-Con: Major Cast Exits On ‘Ant-Man’ Include Patrick Wilson
- AintItCool: Patrick Wilson drops out of ANT-MAN!!
- We Got This Covered: Patrick Wilson And Two Others Drop Out Of Ant-Man
- Hollywood Reporter: Comic-Con: Patrick Wilson the Latest to Leave Marvel's 'Ant-Man'
- Dark Horizons: Patrick Wilson Drops Out Of "Ant-Man"
- Cinema Blend: Ant-Man Loses Patrick Wilson, Two More
- Digital Spy: Patrick Wilson and Matt Gerald exit Marvel's Ant-Man
- Digital Spy: Edgar Wright moves on from Ant-Man to direct Grasshopper Jungle
- Film School Rejects: Dwayne Johnson Continues to Tease a ‘Shazam’ Reveal
- Screen Crush: Comic-Con 2014: 'Ant-Man' Loses Patrick Wilson and More From Cast
- SlashFilm: Patrick Wilson Exits ‘Ant-Man’
- The Playlist: Patrick Wilson Exits Marvel's 'Ant-Man'
- Bleeding Cool: More Turmoil For Marvel’s Ant-Man Film: Three Cast Members Drop Out
- Comic Book Movie: Patrick Wilson And A Number Of Other Actors Depart Marvel's ANT-MAN
- HitFix: Patrick Wilson and two other cast members exit 'Ant-Man' on the eve of Comic Con panel
- Empire Magazine: Patrick Wilson Departs Ant-Man
- MovieWeb: Patrick Wilson Exits Marvel's 'Ant-Man'
- The Wrap: ‘Ant-Man’ Delay Forces Patrick Wilson and Others to Exit
- ScreenRant: ‘Ant-Man’ Cast Loses Patrick Wilson
- FirstShowing.net: Edgar Wright Ditches 'Ant-Man' for Young Adult 'Grasshopper Jungle'
- Movies With Butter: Patrick Wilson Exits 'Ant-Man'
- IGN Movies: 3 Actors Exit Marvel's Ant-Man
It’s tough being an Ant Man fan, sometimes. He’s a great character with a rich history in the Marvel Universe, done by an array of distinguished creators, seemingly right on the cusp of mainstream movie glory as part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, directed by the highly-regarded Edgar Wright. And then… it all seemed to start to go sideways. First came word that Edgar Wright was leaving the project due to creative differences. Then Adam McKay was on it for like 30 seconds, and then he wasn’t.
- Deadline: Comic-Con: Edgar Wright Still In Insect Mode On Sony’s ‘Grasshopper Jungle’
- Mania: MORE Avengers: Age of Ultron Comic Con Posters
- Variety: Edgar Wright to Direct Sci-Fi ‘Grasshopper Jungle’ for Sony
- Hollywood Reporter: Edgar Wright to Direct YA Adaptation 'Grasshopper Jungle'
- Dark Horizons: Edgar Wright To Direct "Grasshopper Jungle"
- AintItCool: Edgar Wright to direct GRASSHOPPER JUNGLE, described as "STAND BY ME meets ATTACK THE BLOCK"!!
- We Got This Covered: Edgar Wright Will Venture Into Grasshopper Jungle
- Mania: Arrow Season 3 - Comic Con Trailer
- Mania: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 2 - Comic Con Trailer
- Dread Central: Edgar Wright Enters the Grasshopper Jungle
- SlashFilm: New ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’ Image Features Black Widow With Captain America’s Shield [Comic Con 2014]
- SlashFilm: ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Trailer; Premiere Set For October 12 [Comic Con 2014]
- SlashFilm: Loki’s Staff Mysteriously Appears The Day Before Marvel’s 2014 Comic Con Presentation
- Bleeding Cool: What’s Happened To Loki’s Staff At Comic Con And What Does It Mean For Marvel’s Hall H Announcements?
- Empire Magazine: Edgar Wright Heads For Grasshopper Jungle
- JoBlo: Edgar Wright tackles insects again directing Grasshopper Jungle
- JoBlo: Comic Con: Walking Dead panel with cast and crew
- MovieWeb: Edgar Wright Will Direct 'Grasshopper Jungle'
- IGN Movies: Daniel Radcliffe Talks Horns and Tarantulas - Comic Con 2014
- IGN Movies: Kingsman: The Secret Service - Samuel L. Jackson & Sofia Boutella Interview - Comic Con 2014
- The Wrap: Edgar Wright to Direct Young Adult Adaptation ‘Grasshopper Jungle’ for Sony
- Screen Crush: Edgar Wright to Direct 'Grasshopper Jungle' Adaptation
- SlashFilm: Three Join Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD Season 2 Cast, Find Out Their Comic Book History [Comic Con 2014]
- SlashFilm: ‘Horns’ Trailer: Daniel Radcliffe Breaks Bad In Alexandre Aja’s Latest [Comic Con 2014]
- SlashFilm: Edgar Wright to Direct ‘Grasshopper Jungle’ at Sony
- SlashFilm: The Maze Runner Sequel The Scorch Trials Concept Art Revealed [Comic Con 2014]
- The Playlist: Edgar Wright To Direct Adaptation Of YA Novel 'Grasshopper Jungle'
- Bleeding Cool: The Agents of SHIELD Gag Reel They Just Showed At Comic Con. Also, Mockingbird
- Bleeding Cool: The Agents Of SHIELD Season 2 Comic Con Teaser Trailer: “Mockingbird’s In”
- Bleeding Cool: Live From The Vikings: Blood Legacy Panel At San Diego Comic Con With Cast – ‘The Bottom Line Is This Is Real’
- Bleeding Cool: Watch Jordan Peele As Stan Lee In The Key & Peele Season 4 Comic Con Teaser
- JoBlo: Comic Con: Horns panel with Daniel Radcliffe, Joe Hill and Alexandre Aja!
- IGN Movies: Colin Firth Talks Kingsman: The Secret Service - Comic Con 2014
Collider managed to catch up with Agent Carter producers Stephen McFeely and Christopher Markus at this weekend's San Diego Comic-Con to quiz them about how much the series will tie into the larger Marvel Cinematic Universe. "What’s great is that we have the same bonus with Cap one, that we could do anything we want because we don’t have to tie into anything because we come before everything," McFeely revealed.
- Badass Digest: SDCC: The Russo Brothers To Direct Two Episodes Of Marvel’s AGENT CARTER
- Comic Book Movie: SDCC '14: Hayley Atwell Discusses Marvel's New AGENT CARTER; Directors Announced
- Variety: Marvel’s ‘Agent Carter’ Series Draws ‘Captain America’ Directors
- Dark Horizons: Updates On Marvel's "S.H.I.E.L.D.," "Agent Carter"
- Deadline: Comic-Con: Marvel TV Panel Reveals ‘Captain America’ Movie Directors To Helm ‘Agent Carter’, ‘Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D’ Adds Lucy Lawless
- AintItCool: Learn Who's Directing ABC's AGENT CARTER!!
- Badass Digest: SDCC: Why I Learned Nothing At The HITMAN: AGENT 47 Press Conference
- We Got This Covered: Captain America Directors To Work On Marvel’s Agent Carter Series
- Comic Book Movie: SDCC '14: Chris Carter On A Possible X-FILES Reboot
- MovieWeb: Comic-Con: 'Captain America' Directors Take on 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- SlashFilm: Three Marvel Movie Directors To Helm Episodes Of ‘Agent Carter’ TV Series [Comic Con 2014]
- Chud: Newest SDCC Avengers Posters add Hawkeye, Quicksilver, and Vision
- Mania: Star Wars Rebels: SDCC 2014 Exclusive Clips
- Badass Digest: SDCC: Sam Raimi Is Writing An EVIL DEAD TV Series
- Badass Digest: SDCC: Adam West, Burt Ward, and Julie Newmar Discuss BATMAN THE ORIGINAL SERIES Kind Of
- Badass Digest: SDCC: Can You Smell What The Rock Is Heavily Hinting About SHAZAM!?
- AintItCool: SDCC '14: James Gunn to write and direct the GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY sequel!!
- AintItCool: SDCC '14: Joe Hill reveals Locke and Key being developed as a Trilogy at Universal!
- Badass Digest: SDCC: GAME OF THRONES Reveals New Dornish Cast
- Badass Digest: SDCC: THE MAZE RUNNER Aims To Be A Male-Centric Action-Packed Madhouse
- Badass Digest: SDCC: Holy Shit, This HORNS Trailer Is Badass
- AintItCool: SDCC: HORNS trailer has Daniel Radcliffe as a horny former Gryffindor murder suspect!
- FearNet: [SDCC] #WalrusYes - Kevin Smith's Tusk Trailer Debuts
- FearNet: [SDCC] Full Trailer For Horns Starring Daniel Radcliffe
- Shock Till You Drop: Scream Factory Announces 10 New Titles At SDCC 2014!
- Bleeding Cool: SDCC 2014: Sting Crashes WWE Mattel Panel In First Official Appearance For WWE
- Comic Book Movie: SDCC' 14: Black Widow's Motorcycle From AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Fully Revealed
- Comic Book Movie: SDCC '14: First Full-Length Trailer For Season Five Of THE WALKING DEAD Debuts
- Comic Book Movie: SDCC '14: Cumberbatch Reveals Simon Pegg Has STAR WARS VII Role
- Comic Book Movie: SDCC '14: Daniel Radcliffe Is Devilish In New HORNS Trailer
- Comic Book Movie: SDCC '14: First Full-Length Trailer For Season Three Of ARROW Released
According to Empire, during a surprise visit to Comic-Con today to talk about the movie adaptation of The Last Of Us, producer Sam Raimi surprised everyone again by saying he is writing an Evil Dead TV show with his brother Ivan Raimi and Bruce Campbell. No other details were given, but its been an open secret that Raimi and Campbell have been working on a script that would become Evil Dead 4 or Army of Darkness 2… that seems to have no morphed into something for television. Sam Raimi Drops Bombshell At Comic-Con About Possible Evil Dead TV Series
- Hollywood Reporter: Comic-Con: Sam Raimi Plans 'Evil Dead' TV Series, 'Last of Us' Film
- Horror Society: Comic-Con: Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell To Bring ‘Evil Dead’ To TV Series!
- Dark Horizons: Sam Raimi Doing An "Evil Dead" TV Series
- The Wrap: Sam Raimi Writing ‘Evil Dead’ TV Series That Will Include Bruce Campbell
- Shock Till You Drop: Comic-Con: An Evil Dead Television Series is in the Works
- We Got This Covered: Sam Raimi And Bruce Campbell Writing Evil Dead TV Show
- Dread Central: #SDCC14: Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell Take Evil Dead to Television
- SlashFilm: Sam Raimi Is Writing An ‘Evil Dead’ TV Show [Comic Con 2014]
- IGN Movies: Evil Dead TV Series in the Works from Raimi
- FearNet: An Evil Dead TV Series? Maybe
- Shock Till You Drop: Comic-Con: Screen Gems Live Blog Panel – Sam Raimi & The Last of Us
- Horror Society: Comic-Con: Sam Raimi To Turn Horror Game ‘The Last Of Us’ Into A Film!
- Empire Magazine: Comic-Con: Sam Raimi Talks The Last Of Us Movie
- AintItCool: Sam Raimi Producing THE LAST OF US Movie! Maisie Williams In Talk To Play Ellie!
- Dread Central: #SDCC14: Screen Gems and Sam Raimi To Turn The Last Of Us Into A Movie
- Variety: Comic-Con: Capcom Greenlights ‘Street Fighter’ Sequel Series ‘World Warrior’
- Deadline: Comic-Con: Kenny Johnson Upped to Series Regular & Nicola Peltz Returns To ‘Bates Motel’
- Shock Till You Drop: Comic-Con: The New Trailer for The Walking Dead Season 5 is Here!
- We Got This Covered: Comic-Con: First Trailer For Season 5 Of The Walking Dead
- Horror Society: Comic-Con: ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Preview Trailer Premiere!
- SlashFilm: Sam Raimi Has Met With Maisie Williams for ‘The Last of Us’ [Comic Con 2014]
- The Playlist: Watch: 3-Minute Comic-Con Trailer For 'The Walking Dead' Season 5
- Bleeding Cool: Sam Raimi and Neil Druckman Announce Movie For Last Of Us
- Empire Magazine: Sam Raimi Talks The Last Of Us Movie
The fifth season of “Game Of Thrones” is about to get underway any minute now and the fast-working HBO show is already scheduled for an April 2015 premiere. The show works at a rather break-neck pace, and so while production is set to begin any moment now (and some of the cast was at Comic-Con today), naturally, the new members of the cast have been announced.
- Deadline: Comic-Con: ‘Game Of Thrones’ Reveals New Cast Members For Season 5
- Vulture: Here Is the Game of Thrones Blooper Reel You Were Waiting For
- Variety: ‘Game of Thrones’ Announces New Cast Members
- IndieWire: Watch: 'Game of Thrones' Season 5 Adds Oscar-Nominee Keisha Castle-Hughes, More Cast Members Via Video
- Moviefone: Meet 9 New 'Game of Thrones' Cast Members (VIDEO)
- SlashFilm: ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Cast Revealed [Comic-Con 2014]
- Bleeding Cool: Game Of Thrones Season 5 Video Intro For A Bunch Of New Cast Members
- Comic Book Movie: New GAME OF THRONES Season 5 Cast Members Announced
- Empire Magazine: Comic-Con: Jonathan Pryce & More Join Game Of Thrones
- JoBlo: Cool Videos: Game of Thrones bloopers & new cast members for season 5
- Dark Horizons: Pryce, Siddig Join HBO's "Game of Thrones"
- Vulture: Harry Lloyd on His New Show Manhattan, Game of Thrones’ Viserys, and Epic Targaryen Hair
- Vulture: Game of Thrones Casts 8 New Characters for Season 5
- AintItCool: Learn Which STAR TREK Icon Joins GAME OF THRONES Next Season!!
- IGN Movies: Game of Thrones' Arya Stark in Talks For The Last of Us Movie
- SlashFilm: ‘Hannibal’ Season 3 Returning Cast Members Might Surprise You [Comic-Con 2014]
"It’s been great; I’m still in the middle of it actually," Scott McNairy told Issue Magazine of his first blockbuster role in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. Reports surfaced back in June that the 12 Years a Slave actor was joining the Man of Steel follow-up in a mystery role that even major Hollywood insiders couldn't reveal given they were "sworn to secrecy." Of course, instead of discussing his character, McNairy went on to praise the film's director. "Zack Snyder is awesome. He was one of the director’s on my list.
- IGN Movies: New Batman Photo from Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - IGN News
- JoBlo: Batman V Superman writer wanted for Zack Snyder's Justice League
- Screen Crush: Comic-Con 2014: 'Justice League' Hires 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice' Writer
- Deadline: Comic-Con Bombshell: WB Wants ‘Batman V Superman’ Scribe Chris Terrio For ‘Justice League’
- We Got This Covered: Warner Brothers Wants Batman V Superman Scribe Chris Terrio To Write Justice League
- Cinema Blend: Justice League Movie Looking To Bring Back Batman v Superman Writer
- Coming Soon: Comic-Con: Batman v Superman Scribe Chris Terrio to Pen Justice League!
- MovieWeb: Comic-Con: 'Batman v Superman' Writer Wanted for 'Justice League'
- The Wrap: ‘Justice League’ Recruiting ‘Batman v Superman’ Writer Chris Terrio
- ScreenRant: ‘Justice League’ May Get ‘Batman V Superman’ Writer Chris Terrio
- The Playlist: ‘Argo’ And ‘Batman V. Superman’ Screenwriter Chris Terrio Courted To Write 'Justice League' Too
- Comic Book Movie: BATMAN V SUPERMAN Scribe Chris Terrio Courted To Write JUSTICE LEAGUE
- IGN Movies: Batman v Superman Writer Eyed for Justice League
- We Got This Covered: Guillermo del Toro Is Still Working On Justice League Dark
- Comic Book Movie: DC's 2015 Animations Revealed: BATMAN VS. ROBIN, JUSTICE LEAGUE: GODS & MONSTERS
James Gunn will reportedly return to write and direct the Guardians of the Galaxy sequel for Marvel Studios, though it's unclear whether or not co-writer Nicole Perlman will be joining him. In an interview with TheWrap during Comic-Con, Perlman told the site that Gunn would return, due to the film getting such a positive reaction from press (including IGN's Daniel Krupa). “Of course they would want to make a sequel as long as it does well and people are excited about it, they'll wanna do a sequel. So, it's going to happen," says Perlman. Continue reading…
- Variety: James Gunn to Write, Direct ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ Sequel
- Cinema Blend: Guardians Of The Galaxy 2 To Be Written And Directed By James Gunn
- We Got This Covered: James Gunn Will Write And Direct Guardians Of The Galaxy Sequel
- Badass Digest: James Gunn Signs On For GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 2
- The Wrap: James Gunn Will Write, Direct ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ Sequel (Video)
- Screen Crush: Comic-Con 2014: James Gunn Returning for 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2′
- SlashFilm: James Gunn Will Write and Direct ‘Guardians of the Galaxy 2′
- FirstShowing.net: James Gunn Already Set to Write & Direct 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2'
- Bleeding Cool: Guardians Of The Galaxy Is So Good There’s Already Sequel News: James Gunn To Write And Direct GotG2
- Movies With Butter: James Gunn Confirmed for 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Sequel
- Comic Book Movie: James Gunn Confirmed To Write And Direct GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Sequel
- MovieWeb: James Gunn Will Write and Direct 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2'
It’s hard to believe that Daniel Radcliffe has never done San Diego Comic-Con before, but he’s finally here this year to talk about his new film Horns. Also on hand for the panel today were director Alexandre Aja (High Tension, Piranha 3D) and Joe Hill, who wrote the 2010 book on which the film is based. Radcliffe stars in the RADiUS/Weinstein Company film as Ig, a guy who wakes up one day to discover that he has creepy powers -- and horns that are starting to grow from his head. Juno Temple plays his dead girlfriend, who he is accused of killing.
- IndieWire: Watch: 'Horns' Star Daniel Radcliffe Teases the 'Best Death' At Comic-Con
- Shock Till You Drop: Comic-Con: The Trailer for Horns, Starring Daniel Radcliffe
- MovieWeb: Comic-Con: 'Horns' Trailer Starring Daniel Radcliffe
- Screen Crush: Comic-Con 2014: 'Horns' Trailer Shows a Darker Side of Daniel Radcliffe
- Coming Soon: Comic-Con: The Trailer for Horns, Starring Daniel Radcliffe
- Deadline: Comic-Con: Daniel Radcliffe On Post-‘Harry Potter’ Career: “I Want To Last”
- Hollywood Reporter: Comic-Con: Film Beats Theater 'Every Time' for Daniel Radcliffe
- Dread Central: #SDCC14: Alexandre Aja, Daniel Radcliffe, and Joe Hill Lock Horns
- FirstShowing.net: Watch: Daniel Radcliffe Causes Chaos in First US Trailer for 'Horns'
- HitFix: 8 things we learned from Daniel Radcliffe's Comic-Con debut
- Dark Horizons: News Bits: Kingsman, Justice, Creed, Horns
“When podcaster Wallace Bryton goes missing in the backwoods of Manitoba while interviewing a mysterious seafarer named Mr. Howe, his best friend and girlfriend team with an ex-cop to look for him.” Starring Michael Parks, Justin Long, Haley Joel Osment, Genesis Rodriguez and Johnny Depp. Click here to view the embedded video. Kevin Smith’s Tusk Trailer And Poster
- Shock Till You Drop: Comic-Con: The Trailer for Kevin Smith’s Tusk
- The Playlist: Watch: First Twisted Trailer For Kevin Smith’s Bizarro Low-Budget Horror Movie ‘Tusk’
- AintItCool: Trailer for Kevin Smith's TUSK has arrived!
- Cinema Blend: Kevin Smith's Bonkers Horror 'Tusk' Debuts First Splendidly Psychotic Trailer
- Dread Central: #SDCC14: See the Trailer for Kevin Smith's Tusk Straight from Hall H
- Coming Soon: Comic-Con: The Trailer for Kevin Smith's Tusk
- MovieWeb: Comic-Con: Kevin Smith's 'Tusk' Trailer
- Screen Crush: 'Tusk' Trailer From Comic-Con 2014: Kevin Smith's Horror Film Just Got Creepier
- FirstShowing.net: Watch: First Trailer for Kevin Smith's Weird Walrus Movie 'Tusk'
- Comic Book Movie: TUSK: Check Out The Trailer For Kevin Smith's New Horror Flick
- SlashFilm: ‘Tusk’ Trailer: “Who in the Hell Would Want to Be Human?” [Comic Con 2014]
Ah, jeez… I am totally behind on this so I can’t watch the trailer, but maybe you can. The Walking Dead Season 5: Click here to view the embedded video. The Walking Dead: Season 5 Trailer
- IndieWire: Watch: 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Full Trailer Promises Danger, Zombies and A Cure
- Mania: THE WALKING DEAD Season 5 Trailer
- FearNet: The Walking Dead Season 5 Trailer and Premiere Date
- Vulture: The Walking Dead’s New Season Looks As Gory As Ever
- Dread Central: #SDCC14: Everything You Need to Know About The Walking Dead Panel Including the Season 5 Trailer
- Moviefone: No One's Safe in This Preview for 'Walking Dead' Season 5 (VIDEO)
- AintItCool: ‘In Here You’re Not The Greater Good!!’ The New 3-Minute Trailer For THE WALKING DEAD: Season Five!!
- Horror-Movies.ca: Walking Dead Debuts Trailer for Season 5
Luc Besson‘s “Lucy” imagines a world in which an ordinary woman (Scarlett Johansson) gains extraordinary powers by simply accessing more parts of her brain, unlocking the potential that was inside her all along, which makes Universal's partnership with reading app Spritz on the film's marketing campaign a natural fit. The app purports to cut down on reading time by flashing 13 characters at a time directly in a person's eyeline instead of requiring the reader to move their eyes from left to right to take in a page of text.
- Hollywood Reporter: Box Office: Friday Shows Scarlett Johansson's 'Lucy' Beating 'Hercules'
- Variety: Social Media Buzz: ‘Lucy’ to Out Muscle ‘Hercules’ at the Box Office
- Variety: ‘Lucy’ Beating Up ‘Hercules’ at Friday Box Office
- The Wrap: ‘Lucy’ Scores $2.74 Million on Thursday Night, ‘Hercules’ Grunts to $2.1 Million
- FirstShowing.net: Sound Off: Johansson in Luc Besson's 'Lucy' - What Did You Think?
- Movies With Butter: New in Theaters: 'Hercules,' 'Lucy,' 'And So It Goes'
- Bleeding Cool: Lucy Lawless Is Longtime SHIELD veteran Isabel Hartly (And Other New SHIELD Cast)
The Jedi have been wiped out and the Empire spreads tyranny through the galaxy. Hope runs thin. But on the small planet of Lothal a big change is looming. A group of rebels meet a 14-year-old con artist named Ezra and soon it's clear their destinies are linked. Aboard their ship, the Ghost, Ezra and the rebels embark on an adventure to ignite a rebellion and strike back against the Empire. Voice Cast: Freddie Prinze Jr., Taylor Gray, Steve Blum, Tiya Sircar, Vanessa Marshall, Jason Isaacs, David Oyelowo and Billy Dee Williams.
- Cinema Blend: Star Wars' James Earl Jones And Carrie Fisher Only Recently Met For The First Time
- Digital Spy: Could Star Wars Episode 7 film on remote Irish island of Skellig Michael?
- We Got This Covered: Benedict Cumberbatch Accidentally Says Simon Pegg Is In Star Wars: Episode VII
- Cinema Blend: Kevin Smith's Star Wars: Episode VII Story Will Make You Love Movies Again
- Screen Crush: Comic-Con 2014: Freddie Prinze, Jr. On 'Star Wars Rebels,' Hulk Hogan and Thundarr the Barbarian
- ScreenRant: SR Geek Picks: Nathan Fillion Captain Kirk Cosplay, Star Wars Yoga & More
Warner Bros. and Zack Snyder must really love what they've seen in Chris Terrio's script for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, because he's reportedly in talks to report for duty again with the studio's upcoming mega-superhero movie, Justice League. read more
- Variety: Warners Eyes Chris Terrio for ‘Justice League’
- AintItCool: Who does WB want to write JUSTICE LEAGUE!?!
- Bleeding Cool: Justice League Film Rumors Heat Up: Argo’s Chris Terrio May Script
- Comic Book Movie: Guillermo del Toro Talks JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK And Connections To DCU/DCTV Projects
- HitFix: Warner Bros. wants Oscar-winning 'Argo' writer to pen 'Justice League'
- SlashFilm: Warner Bros. Wants ‘Argo’ Scribe Chris Terrio for ‘Justice League’
MTV's Kevin P. Sullivan was in the Comic-Con press room and did a quick interview with Hayley Atwell. There, he asked her about her Avengers: Age of Ultron role which she recently announced. She told Kevin that she will not be seen as the present day "Old Peggy" in Avengers 2 - as she was in Captain Ameria: The Winter Soldier. The safe bet, 'Peggy Carter' will be used in a flashback sequence. Last we saw of 'Peggy' she was in a retirement home suffering with alzheimers.
- Cinema Blend: Is Kim Soo-Hyun Actually Playing The Wasp In The Avengers: Age Of Ultron?
- Digital Spy: Joss Whedon promises four female leads in Avengers: Age of Ultron
- Hollywood Reporter: Comic-Con: A Closer Look at Marvel's 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Posters
- ScreenRant: ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’ Will Have Four Prominent Female Characters
- The Playlist: Who Are They? Joss Whedon Says 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' Features 4 Prominent Female Roles
- Dark Horizons: "Ultron" Scores Another Female Role & Photo
This could be a total tease or a hint at something else. One of the Season Three episodes will focus in Felicity’s backstory. Episode Title? “Oracle.” #arrow #wbsdcc #dcsdcc — DC Comics (@DCComics) July 26, 2014 So they are tying the word or name Oracle to Felicity. In a way, that has been her role in Oliver’s life. Just as Detective Lance is becoming Commissioner Gordon and Diggle is the more modern version of Alfred.
- Dark Horizons: Promos: Walking, Outlander, Arrow, Flash, Gotham
- Variety: Watch: ‘Arrow’ Season 3 Teaser
- Deadline: Comic-Con TV Trailer: ‘Arrow’ Season 3
- AintItCool: ‘You Have Failed This City!!’ When Atom Met ARROW!! 2.5 Minutes Of Season Three!!
- We Got This Covered: Arrow Season 3 Gets An Action-Packed New Trailer
- Bleeding Cool: Arrow Season 3 Teaser: Arsenal, Ray Palmer, And A Whole Lot More
- Comic Book Movie: Is 'Batgirl' Coming To ARROW? It Certainly Sounds That Way...
If you’re a sucker for survival horror titles, post-apocalypse scenarios, and self-inflicted heartbreak, then you’ve probably played through The Last of Us, Naughty Dog’s acclaimed 2013 PS3 release.
- Digital Spy: The Last of Us movie: Maisie Williams sought for lead role of Ellie
- We Got This Covered: Maisie Williams In Talks For Lead Role In The Last Of Us Adaptation
- Comic Book Movie: Maisie Williams May Play 'Ellie' In THE LAST OF US; Promo Poster Revealed
- Cinema Blend: Games Of Thrones' Maisie Williams In Talks For The Last Of Us
- Screen Crush: Comic-Con 2014: Could Maisie Williams Star in 'The Last of Us' Movie?
The voice of Philip Seymour Hoffman is the first sound you hear in the latest trailer for “The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1,” the third installment in the popular movie franchise. Hoffman died before production on the movies concluded, but he plays a central role in the upcoming films. Lionsgate will release the trailer to the world on Monday, but it is giving fans at Comic-Con a sneak peek at the video this weekend.
- Cinema Blend: The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Here's What You'll See In The First Trailer
- Vulture: Comic-Con: What You Won’t See in the New Hunger Games Trailer
- Moviefone: Here's What You Need to Know About 'The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1' Trailer
- FirstShowing.net: Comic-Con 2014: Samsung 'Mockingjay' Experience + Teaser Debut
Not a bad way to settle down after that exciting Mockingbird news, eh? (you can find some more details on that by clicking here) Regardless of whether or not you're a fan of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., it's a fun video, and just one of the many extras on the upcoming DVD and Blu-ray release.
- IndieWire: Watch: Peter Dinklage Dances and Screws Up His Accent in Hilarious 'Game of Thrones' Blooper Reel
- We Got This Covered: New Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Character Additions Include Mockingbird And Kraken
- SlashFilm: Watch the ‘Game of Thrones’ Season Four Gag Reel [Comic-Con 2014]
- Comic Book Movie: VIDEO: Check Out The GAME OF THRONES Season 4 Blooper Reel
- Film School Rejects: Meet the ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Cast Additions, See Season 4′s Gag Reel
- Comic Book Movie: 'Mockingbird' For AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 2; More Cast Members Announced
While a sequel to the YA novel adaptation hasn't been green lit by Fox, The Maze Runner director Wes Ball seems pretty confident that he'll be retuning to this universe soon, and even showed off some concept art from The Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials while speaking at his Hall H presentation for the upcoming movie. Based on the second book in the series, The Scorch Trials picks up right where The Maze Runner left off.
- FirstShowing.net: Comic-Con 2014: 'Maze Runner' Sequel 'Scorch Trials' Concept Art
- Empire Magazine: Comic-Con: Maze Runner Sequel In Development
- Dark Horizons: "Maze Runner" Sequel In Development
- SlashFilm: Early Buzz: The Maze Runner Fan Reactions Are Overwhelmingly Positive
Following the success of Kick-Ass, director Matthew Vaughn and writer Mark Millar are preparing to release their next collaboration - Kingsman: The Secret Service. The film follows Harry Hart (Colin Firth) – who helps turn delinquent teenager Gary “Eggsy” Unwin (Taron Egerton) into a new spy recruit and bring him into the world of espionage.
- Coming Soon: Comic-Con Exclusive: New Kingsman: The Secret Service Photo Featuring Colin Firth and Mark Hamill!
- Thompson on Hollywood: Colin Firth and Mark Strong Spook Nicole Kidman in Trailer for 'Before I Go to Sleep'
- Comic Book Movie: First Look At STAR WARS' Mark Hamill In KINGSMAN: THE SECRET SERVICE
- The Wrap: Fox at Comic-Con: James Bond Is Whack, We're Making Movies With Balls (and Jokes)
Anyone who loves Superman knows that director Tim Burton almost followed up his successful adaptation of Batman by bringing The Big Blue Boy Scout to the big screen as well. Nicolas Cage was once meant to play the superhero with a script from fanboy favorite filmmaker Kevin Smith. It was a weird production with the likes of Chris Rock playing Jimmy Olsen and Kevin Spacey once on board as Lex Luthor, way before Superman Returns came knocking at his door for the same role. Now the documentary The Death of Superman Lives: What Happened?
- AintItCool: Cool footage, including Nicolas Cage in flight, in this trailer for THE DEATH OF SUPERMAN LIVES!
- Film School Rejects: ‘The Death of Superman Lives’ Trailer: You’ll Believe Nicolas Cage Could Fly
- Screen Crush: 'The Death of Superman Lives' Trailer: See Nicolas Cage (Almost) Play the Man of Steel
Get ready for the debate over piracy to once again rear its head. Back in 2009, a work print (that turned out to be not all that different than the released version) of "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" leaked online almost a month ahead of its release, and whether or not it damaged the box office is still up for debate.
- Dark Horizons: "The Expendables 3" Leaks Online Early
- IndieWire: 'Expendables 3' Leaked Online. What Does It Mean for Indie Filmmakers?
- Shockya: The Expendables 3 Rules Comic-Con
By Nas Hoosen When most people point to their favorite Marvel Studios picture, it’s usually to Joss Whedon’s Avengers. After all, that was the one that delivered on the promise of that first post-credits tease at the end of Iron Man, which offered superhero comics fans their first taste of the one thing we love so much about comics that hadn’t yet been effectively translated to cinema: the universe.
Tom Rothman's TriStar Productions has acquired the worldwide rights and given the go ahead to Money Monster, a fast-paced, character-driven thriller written by Jamie Linden. Daniel Dubiecki, who worked with Clooney on Up in the Air, and Lara Alameddine developed the script along with Jodie Foster, who will direct the film. Dubiecki and Alameddine's The Allegiance Theater will produce together with Clooney and his Smokehouse Pictures partner Grant Heslov. Alan DiFore and Jim Kouf wrote the original draft of the script. Principal photography is expected to begin in the first quarter of 2015.
I am a block away from where Starz is screening the first episode of their new series Outlander and the line is pretty good. I helped a lady find the place as the bus lines are pretty confusing if you don’t know specifically where you are going. Then I find that Starz has just put out a new tailer for the show that I can share with you guys now. The premiere episode will also be sampled on TV and online beginning August 2nd. The new trailer was presented exclusively to over 1,000 zealous Outlanders during the Starz panel, which featured the series’ executive producer Ronald D.
Chris Thompson writes, With just hours to go before last night’s debut performance/screening of Back To The Future, Secret Cinema cancelled their long-anticipated event without any warning or explanation.
Here’s a nice little teaser for the upcoming CW series The Flash starring Grant Gustin. The series premiers October 7, 2014. Click here to view the embedded video. The Flash Comicon Exclusive Promo
- We Got This Covered: The Flash Shatters The Sound Barrier In New Comic-Con Promo
- Comic Book Movie: New SDCC'14 Promo For THE FLASH
- Variety: Comic-Con: ‘Flash,’ ‘The Hobbit’ Lead Early Social Buzz
We don't officially have a category for "swag", but this falls into that classification. As a big space nerd and sci-fi lover, I can't help but share this nifty bit of swag from Comic-Con that I picked up today. During the Paramount panel yesterday, where they surprised fans in Hall H by bringing out Interstellar director Christopher Nolan and Matthew McConaughey (read our full recap of that panel), the studio handed out tickets to be redeemed for a "prize". That prize? The mission patch from Interstellar, for the "Endurance" Space Exploration mission.
Christopher Nolan and Matthew McConaughey's appearance in Hall H wasn't the only surprise aspect of Paramount's lengthy San Diego Comic-Con panel yesterday. It was also announced, after a brief clip was shown, that "Project Almanac," the Michael Bay-produced found footage time travel movie, would also be screened for select attendees. We were able to attend the screening and, while it doesn't exactly blaze a new trail, the movie is smart and knowingly acknowledges both its place in the time travel subgenre and its formal limitations as a found footage movie.
"The Giver" stars Brenton Thwaites and Odeya Rush talk about working with acting legends Jeff Bridges and Meryl Streep on the upcoming YA adaptation.http://www.hitfix.com
- Thompson on Hollywood: Screen Talk Report from Halls of Comic-Con, 'The Giver' and Other Oscar Possibilities
- USA Today: Rush brings a fresh face to 'The Giver,' 'Goosebumps'
At 4:20 p.m. Pacific Time, 20th Century Fox will take the stage in Hall H at the San Diego Comic-Con to present its upcoming line-up, including such films as The Book of Life, Hitman: Agent 47, Kingsman: The Secret Service, Let's Be Cops and The Maze Runner. Will there be any other surprises? Follow along below!
While we patiently await the August 2015 release of Assassin's Creed, a big screen adaptation of the popular video game starring Michael Fassbender, we have something else to tide us over. Musician and horror director Rob Zombie has created a new animated short for the upcoming release of Assassin's Creed: Unity, which helps set up the storyline of this latest entry in the video game series. The Walking Dead artist Tony Moore is responsible for the animation.
Director Ben Ketai has two reasons to celebrate on Friday.
After 10 years at Universal, executive VP of production Scott Bernstein is leaving the studio to launch a new career as an independent producer, TheWrap has learned. Bernstein recently approached Universal's co-presidents Peter Cramer and Jeffrey Kirschenbaum about taking his career in a different direction and exploring other opportunities. Bernstein will serve as an executive producer on Universal's “Straight Outta Compton” and its sequels “Mama 2” and “Ride Along 2.” Also read: How Kevin Hart's ‘Ride Along’ and ‘About Last Ni
WWE Studios One of the smaller reveals at Comic-Con was yesterday’s look at Leprechaun: Origins, the new WWE-branded reboot of those terrible films where Warwick Davis would put on a hokey green Halloween costume and murder teens, Irish folklore, and good taste. For the eighth film in a franchise taken seriously by no one, ever, Leprechaun‘s offering of a trailer and poster weren’t gonna cut it; not when Christopher Nolan could descend at any moment and whisper, “Spaaaaaaace,” inciting mass panic in the streets.
- Horror-Movies.ca: New Official Trailer for Leprechaun: Origins
- We Got This Covered: Check Out The Leprechaun’s Look From Leprechaun: Origins
Twentieth Century Fox hit San Diego Comic-Con today, with the studio using their Hall H panel to show off a bunch of upcoming projects. That included Agent 47, the sequel/reboot to their 2007 video game adaptation, Guillermo del Toro’s animated film The Book of Life (read more about that here), the Dylan O'Brien-starring young-adult adaptation The Maze Runner, Damon Wayans Jr.’s Let’s Be Cops, and Matthew Vaughn's Kingsman: The Secret Service. Let’s talk Agent 47 here.
'Fantastic Four,' the rebooted film franchise coming from 'Chronicle' director Josh Trank, is busy filming with stars Michael B. Jordan, Kate Mara, Miles Teller and Jamie Bell. The team is so busy, in fact, that they couldn't even make it to Comic-Con 2014 as no footage or images were officially ready to display. However, we might have just got our first look at 'Fantastic Four' anyway. Continue reading…
“X-Men” director Bryan Singer has scored a legal victory in the sex-abuse allegations leveled against him, winning a dismissal in the lawsuit filed by an anonymous British actor who claimed that Singer had abused him. The director's attorney, Marty Singer, announced the dismissal on Friday saying, “We are pleased the case was dismissed.” Also read: Bryan Singer Files Motion to Dismiss Sex Abuse Case The lawsuit was dismissed with prejudice, according to court papers filed in U.S.
- We Got This Covered: Bryan Singer Dismissed From Sex Abuse Lawsuit
Library of Congress, Prints & Photographs Division, 571113 If there’s one thing that little old ladies with way too much money and time on their hands are good for, it’s eccentricity. Such is the case with a one Mrs. Sarah Winchester, the widow of Mr. William Wirt Winchester. She was heiress to the massive Winchester Repeating Arms Company and the creator of the legendary Winchester Mystery House in San Jose, California.
Docurama Oh hey, it’s that time of year again where we get another Woody Allen movie. What better way to celebrate than to tell people not to watch it and recommend a documentary to watch instead? Even for one of the director’s latter-day films, Magic in the Moonlight is especially airy and forgettable. It involves many of the philosophical ideas with which Allen is so enamored, such as the search for meaning in a godless universe, but makes none of them stick.
Oh yeah, they actually made a sequel which looks roughly ten times dumber than the first one, and I liked the first one. Yet somehow I bet I’ll end up watching Hot Tub Time Machine 2, too. So maybe you noticed, no John Cusack this time, must have pissed the wrong producer or something (or […] Read Lou Needs More Time in Hot Tub Time Machine 2 on Filmonic.
- Film School Rejects: ‘Hot Tub Time Machine 2′ Red Band Trailer: Everything’s Like ‘The Terminator’
Vivica A. Fox tells HitFix how her six months of training for Quentin Tarantino's "Kill Bill" paid off when it came to filming "Sharknado 2: The Second One." Meanwhile, Judah Friedlander reiterates that the sequel is the "most important film ever made about climate change."http://www.hitfix.com
- Digital Spy: Tara Reid: 'Sharknado could actually happen'
Back in May we showed you a very intense clip from WHIPLASH featuring J.K. Simmons throwing a chair at Miles Teller. Now take that scene and turn it up to 11 because holy hell this fill trailer might make your stomach turn. Writer/director Damien Chazelle’s Sundance award-winning drama is on the top of my must-see movies this year and if our own Chris Bumbray’s review is any indication,... Read More...
Salma Hayek and director Joe Lynch (Knights of Badassdom) hit Comic-Con today to show off footage from their upcoming film Everly, the tale of a woman who must fend off assassins sent after her by her ex, who happens to be a crime boss. The RADiUS/Weinstein Company film -- these are the guys who just recently brought us the great Snowpiercer -- features a ton of gun play and gore, if the sizzle reel that was shown is any indication.
- Dread Central: #SDCC14: Joe Lynch and Salma Hayek Talk Everly
The excitement just keeps growing for whatever Marvel has in store for their panel tomorrow evening here at Comic-Con in San Diego, and while we're sure that we'll be getting footage from The Avengers: Age of Ultron, there's no guarantee of what else to expect. Will Joaquin Phoenix be on hand to be officially named Doctor Strange or will someone else take the role? What are all of Marvel's future mystery projects set through 2019 or their recent 2018 date? What we do know is a couple of goodies have appeared at the Marvel booth.
The BBC has a terrific video interview with Mark Hamill from last night’s London premier of Guardians of the Galaxy.
For those of you who weren't able to attend Sony Pictures' panel on Thursday (read our live blog here), the studio has now brought online the greeting they played by Pixels director Chris Columbus. In the greeting, Columbus invites Comic-Con fans to try to win a walk-on role in film.
Joining Pinewood Studios and Abu Dhabi, the tiny Irish island of Skelling Michael marks the third shooting location for Star Wars: Episode VII. According to local newspaper Kerry's Eye, shooting will take place at the end of August, and the island will be closed off from the public for three days. Skelling Michael is a UNESCO World Heritage site in the Atlantic Ocean, 7.2 miles of the coast of County Kerry. Fans speculate that the island's monastery would make for a perfect Jedi academy, run by Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill). Speaking of Luke, actor Mark Hamill appeared at the Guardians of the
If you're jonesing for some Comic-Con action, but can't make it down to San Diego for the festivities, we've got just the ticket: a massive photo gallery that includes looks at what's happening on the floor, out in the crowd, even on the streets of SD. Comic-Con isn't just panels and trailers (and, yes, lots of waiting in line), it's a full experience that that has to be seen to be believed. If you can't really see it, this should suffice quite nicely. Continue reading…
Dark Horse and Mattel are teaming up to deliver The Art of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe! In 1982, the world was introduced to He-Man and Masters of the Universe. It went from toys, to television, to film and became a pop-culture icon. The Art of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe includes rarely seen images of concept sketches, prototypes, and more from Mattel’s archives.
Gross: $36,254,310Total: $139,207,154
Gross: $29,816,675Total: $29,816,675
Gross: $17,509,407Total: $17,509,407
4. Sex TapeGross: $14,608,152Total: $14,608,152
Gross: $9,845,720Total: $227,002,608