Top Movie News for July 30, 2014
“Guardians of the Galaxy” already looks like it's going to be one of the most awesome movie tickets of the summer. Now imagine it as a Lego movie. As the insta-classic “Lego Movie” song says, “Everything is awesome. Everything is cool when you're part of a team.” Even if it's a dysfunctional team of interstellar outlaws. Lego and Marvel enthusiast Forrest Whaley has made imagination a reality by creating a Lego version of the “Guardians of the Galaxy” trailer for his YouTube page.
- SlashFilm: VOTD: LEGO Guardians of the Galaxy Trailer
- MovieWeb: 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Trailer Recreated in LEGO!
- FirstShowing.net: 'Guardians of the Galaxy' LEGO Video Gets Marvel Seal of Approval
- We Got This Covered: Guardians Of The Galaxy Review
- USA Today: Trailer: 'Guardians of the Galaxy'
- Hollywood Reporter: 'Guardians of the Galaxy': Chris Pratt, Vin Diesel Salute Their Own Heroes at NYC Screening
- Hollywood Reporter: Box Office: 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Top August Pre-Seller in Fandango History
- Variety: Watch: Vin Diesel Dubs ‘I Am Groot’ in Multiple Languages for ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’
- Cinema Blend: Guardians Of The Galaxy Already Breaking Records For 2014
- Hollywood Reporter: Vin Diesel Recorded Dialogue In Six Languages for 'Guardians of the Galaxy' (Video)
- AintItCool: Jeremy Talks GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, ANT-MAN And Comic Con With Kevin Feige!
- Hollywood Reporter: 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Screening: Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Vin Diesel Hit New York (Photos)
- USA Today: Look: Legit 'Guardians of the Galaxy' cosplayers
- Cinema Blend: To 3D Or Not To 3D: Buy The Right Guardians Of The Galaxy Ticket
- Moviefone: 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Rejects: Sci-Fi Icons Who Got Cut From Marvel's Space Team
- USA Today: Screening Room: 'Guardians of the Galaxy'
- Cinema Blend: Guardians Of The Galaxy 2: Expect Way More From These 3 Characters
- JoBlo: Check out this sweet B-Roll footage from Guardians of the Galaxy!
- SlashFilm: James Gunn Already Thinking About ‘Guardians of the Galaxy 2′ And Its MCU Connections
- Comic Book Movie: The GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Cast On Potential AVENGERS/GOTG Crossover
- Screen Crush: Watch 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Star Vin Diesel Say "I Am Groot" in Different Languages
- Screen Crush: Why 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Is This Generation's 'The Last Starfighter'
- MovieWeb: Watch the Leaked 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Post-Credits Scene!
- Comic Book Movie: BOX OFFICE: Latest Tracking Data Indicates A $65M Opening For GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY
- The Wrap: ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ Heads Into Box-Office Battle Having Already Won the War
- Comic Book Movie: Vin Diesel's 'Groot' Takes The Spotlight In New GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY BTS Video
- Comic Book Movie: Great New Batch Of GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Stills!
- Screen Crush: An Interview With Russian Groot, From 'Guardians of the Galaxy'
- Coming Soon: CS Video: The Cast of Marvel Studios' Guardians of the Galaxy!
- HitFix: ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ aiming for record $70 Million opening
- MovieWeb: Vin Diesel Gets Multilingual in 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Featurette
- The Wrap: Guess Why Chris Pratt Stole His ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ Star-Lord Outfit?
- MovieWeb: Over 20 New 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Photos
- Comic Book Movie: It's "STAR WARS For A New Generation," Says Latest GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY TV Spot
- HitFix: Dave Bautista on his daily transformation into Drax for 'Guardians Of The Galaxy'
- SlashFilm: James Gunn On What To Expect In ‘Guardians of the Galaxy 2′
- Comic Book Movie: LEAKED: First (Low-Res) Look Josh Brolin's THANOS In GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY
- Dark Horizons: Marvel's "Guardians" Post-Credits Scene Details?
- USA Today: 'Guardians' is a gleeful grab bag of action and heart
- Thompson on Hollywood: 'Guardians of the Galaxy''s Groot Deserves Best Animated Character of the Year Award
The new trailer for Christopher Nolan's space epic "Interstellar" is chocked full of new footage. But there's also a lot of weird subtext to unpack.http://www.hitfix.com
- We Got This Covered: Interstellar Trailer Teases A Stunningly Ambitious Film
- Variety: WATCH: Latest Trailer for Christopher Nolan’s ‘Interstellar’
- IndieWire: Watch: 'Interstellar' Trailer Finds Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway and Michael Caine Raging Against the Dying of the Light
- AintItCool: New Trailer For Christopher Nolan's INTERSTELLAR Is Here! Let's Light This Candle!
- Vulture: See Christopher Nolan’s Outer Space in the New Interstellar Trailer
- Hollywood Reporter: 'Interstellar' Website Invites Users to Look Around and Find Answers
- Cinema Blend: The Full Interstellar Trailer Is Flat Out Incredible And Has To Be Watched
- Moviefone: This New 'Interstellar' Trailer Is an Emotional Punch in the Gut (VIDEO)
- Dark Horizons: New Trailer Arrives For Nolan's "Interstellar"
- Thompson on Hollywood: Matthew McConaughey Takes Giant Leaps for Mankind in New 'Interstellar' Trailer
- USA Today: New 'Interstellar' trailer wows
- Entertainment Weekly: New ‘Interstellar’ trailer shows off film’s amazing visuals
- Deadline: Hot Trailer: Matthew McConaughey Heads To Space In ‘Interstellar’, Leaves Kids Behind
- Mania: Interstellar - Trailer #2
- Badass Digest: The INTERSTELLAR Trailer Is Stunning
- Chud: Interstellar’s SDCC Trailer Hits the Web (Officially)
- Digital Spy: New Interstellar trailer sends Matthew McConaughey to an alien world
- Coming Soon: The New Trailer for Christopher Nolan's Interstellar!
- The Wrap: ‘Interstellar’ New Trailer: Christopher Nolan Sends Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway to Space (Video)
- Screen Crush: 'Interstellar' Trailer: Watch the Beautiful New Trailer For Christopher Nolan's Space Epic
- The Playlist: Watch: New Trailer For Christopher Nolan's ‘Interstellar’ Delivers More Majestic Wonder & Awe
- HitFix: Matthew McConaughey visits alien worlds in the new trailer for 'Interstellar'
- JoBlo: The new trailer for Interstellar will leave you speechless
- SlashFilm: New ‘Interstellar’ Trailer Explores the Wonders of Space
- Empire Magazine: Latest Interstellar Trailer Launches
- MovieWeb: Third 'Interstellar' Trailer Starring Matthew McConaughey
- IGN Movies: New Interstellar Trailer
- FirstShowing.net: Must Watch: Third Trailer for Christopher Nolan's Sci-Fi 'Interstellar'
- Film School Rejects: ‘Interstellar’ Trailer: Matthew McConaughey Should Stop Piloting Things When He’s Crying That Much
- Bleeding Cool: Comic-Con Trailer For Interstellar Released
- Collider: Over 30 INTERSTELLAR Images from the New Trailer Show the Film’s Epic Mission
- Comic Book Movie: Gorgeous New INTERSTELLAR Trailer Hits
Universal recently confirmed that they're relaunching their classic movie monster stories with creative direction from Alex Kurtzman and Chris Morgan. The first film to come from this reboot is The Mummy, and The Wrap reports Alex Kurtzman is getting close to a deal to direct the film. Also according to The Wrap, the modern Mummy will be set in present day, and it won't be all about the horror. The tone will be more action and adventure oriented and family friendly. It sounds like a summer tentpole flick. Continue reading…
- Variety: Alex Kurtzman to Direct Universal’s ‘Mummy’ Reboot
- Deadline: Universal Unwraps Alex Kurtzman As New ‘Mummy’ Man
- AintItCool: Alex Kurtzman (as in Kurtzman and Orci) to direct the MUMMY reboot...yay?!!
- Cinema Blend: The Mummy Reboot Is Still Happening And Alex Kurtzman Will Direct
- Shock Till You Drop: Alex Kurtzman to Direct Universal’s The Mummy Reboot
- Dark Horizons: Alex Kurtzman To Direct "Mummy" Reboot
- Dread Central: Alex Kurtzman Ready to Wrap Up The Mummy
- We Got This Covered: Alex Kurtzman Will Direct A Reboot Of The Mummy
- Digital Spy: The Mummy to be directed by Alex Kurtzman
- Horror Society: Alex Kurtzman To Unwrap ‘The Mummy’ As Director For Universal!
- Horror-Movies.ca: Alex Kurtzman to Direct Mummy Reboot
- The Wrap: Alex Kurtzman to Direct ‘The Mummy’ Reboot for Universal
- Coming Soon: Alex Kurtzman to Direct Universal's The Mummy Reboot
- SlashFilm: Alex Kurtzman Will Direct ‘The Mummy’
- Collider: Alex Kurtzman to Direct THE MUMMY at Universal
- JoBlo: Alex Kurtzman to direct The Mummy; will be set in the present day
- Screen Crush: 'The Mummy' Reboot Will Be Directed by Alex Kurtzman
- The Playlist: Alex Kurtzman Will Direct Universal’s Reboot Of ‘The Mummy’
- Empire Magazine: Alex Kurtzman Set To Direct Universal's New Mummy
- MovieWeb: 'The Mummy' Reboot Lands 'Venom' Director Alex Kurtzman
- FirstShowing.net: Alex Kurtzman in Line to Direct Universal's Reboot of 'The Mummy'
- Movies With Butter: Alex Kurtzman to Direct 'Mummy' Reboot
- ScreenRant: ‘The Mummy’ Reboot Gets Alex Kurtzman as Director
After having his head tattooed in Horrible Bosses, Oscar-winning actor Jamie Foxx will end up getting one on his face next. Variety has word that Foxx will be getting into the boxing ring to play iconic boxer Mike Tyson in a biopic that will be written by "Boardwalk Empire" creator and The Wolf of Wall Street scribe Terence Winter. The film will be produced by Rick Yorn, who also happens to be Foxx's manager, and it will be shopped to a studio once the entire package is put together. But the real question is how will Foxx, at 47 years of age, be able to play Tyson in his younger years.
- The Playlist: Jamie Foxx Will Play Mike Tyson In Biopic From 'The Wolf Of Wall Street' Writer Terence Winter
- HitFix: Jamie Foxx's Mike Tyson biopic moving forward with 'Wolf of Wall Street' writer
- Collider: Jamie Foxx Playing Mike Tyson for the Writer of THE WOLF OF WALL STREET
- Digital Spy: Jamie Foxx to play Mike Tyson in biopic, Martin Scorsese also involved?
- Dark Horizons: Jamie Foxx To Play Mike Tyson In A Biopic
- The Wrap: Jamie Foxx in Talks to Play Mike Tyson in Biopic, Boxer Says
- Coming Soon: Jamie Foxx to Take on Mike Tyson in Upcoming Biopic
- JoBlo: Jamie Foxx to star in Mike Tyson biopic, according to Mike Tyson
- MovieWeb: Jamie Foxx Will Play Mike Tyson in Upcoming Biopic
- Screen Crush: Jamie Foxx Will Play Mike Tyson in a New Biopic
- Coming Soon: Jamie Foxx to Headline Mike Tyson Biopic
- ScreenRant: Jamie Foxx to Headline Mike Tyson Biopic
- Variety: Jamie Foxx to Play Mike Tyson in New Film (EXCLUSIVE)
- Cinema Blend: Mike Tyson Says Jamie Foxx Will Play Him In Upcoming Movie
- Moviefone: Jamie Foxx Is in Talks to Play Mike Tyson, Says Mike Tyson
- Badass Digest: Jamie Foxx To Play Baby Mike Tyson Somehow
- Entertainment Weekly: Casting Net: Jamie Foxx to play Mike Tyson
- Vulture: Jamie Foxx Will Play Mike Tyson
- SlashFilm: CG Magic Will Allow Jamie Foxx to Play Young Mike Tyson
- IGN Movies: Mike Tyson on His Jamie Foxx/Martin Scorsese Biopic
- Comic Book Movie: SDCC '14: MIKE TYSON MYSTERIES Trailer Released on YouTube!
Walt Disney Pictures’ animated feature offering for 2014 will be the Marvel sci-fi/action comic book adaptation Big Hero 6, but that doesn’t mean the Mouse House won’t also be releasing a fairy tale-inspired musical (one involving princesses - this is Disney after all) this year.
- SlashFilm: Disney’s ‘Into the Woods’ Images Tease a Star-Studded Fairy Tale
- The Playlist: Step Into A Fairy Tale With New Images From Disney's 'Into The Woods'
- Entertainment Weekly: Disney’s ‘Into the Woods’ drops 10 new production photos
- The Wrap: Anna Kendrick, Chris Pine Go ‘Into the Woods’ in First Look at Rob Marshall's Musical (Photos)
- JoBlo: New images of Johnny Depp and more in the musical Into The Woods
- We Got This Covered: New Into The Woods Images Arrive Ahead Of Trailer Debut
- AintItCool: New Images Invite You INTO THE WOODS!
- Vulture: Take a Look at the Into the Woods Stills
- Dark Horizons: New Photos From "Into The Woods"
- Cinema Blend: Into The Woods Images Reveal Prince Chris Pine And Johnny Depp's Big Bad Wolf
- Digital Spy: See Meryl Streep as an evil witch in Disney's Into the Woods pictures
- Comic Book Movie: New Stills From Disney's INTO THE WOODS
- Collider: New INTO THE WOODS Images Reveal Anna Kendrick’s Cinderella, Chris Pine’s Prince Charming, and Johnny Depp’s Big Bad Wolf
- Coming Soon: New Photos from Disney's Into the Woods!
- MovieWeb: 'Into the Woods' Photos Tease Johnny Depp as the Big Bad Wolf
- Screen Crush: The Wrap Up: New 'Into the Woods' Photos Show Off a Crazy Cast
- FirstShowing.net: First Look: Anna Kendrick, Chris Pine & More Head 'Into the Woods'
Ever since he rose to fame as the villainous Loki, Tom Hiddleston has gained a reputation as a fangirl heartthrob and all-around classy gent. If there were any worries that the actor's humble reputation is anything less than genuine, they can be put to rest now. In her book Joss Whedon: The Biography, author Amy Pascale includes an email exchange between Hiddleston and Whedon in which the English actor graciously thanks Whedon for including him in The Avengers. "I am so excited I can hardly speak," writes Hiddleston.
- Cinema Blend: Read This Delightful Letter Tom Hiddleston Wrote Joss Whedon About Avengers
- Collider: Read Tom Hiddleston’s Thank You Letter to Joss Whedon for THE AVENGERS
- SlashFilm: Read Tom Hiddleston’s E-Mail To Joss Whedon After He Read ‘The Avengers’ Script
- Comic Book Movie: Check Out The Email Tom Hiddleston Sent To Joss Whedon After Reading THE AVENGERS
- The Wrap: Read Tom Hiddleston's ‘Thank You’ Letter to Joss Whedon For Writing ‘The Avengers’
- FirstShowing.net: Read Tom Hiddleston's Thank You to Joss Whedon for 'The Avengers'
- MovieWeb: Read Joss Whedon's 'Avengers' Email from Tom Hiddleston
- Dark Horizons: Read Tom Hiddleston's "Avengers" E-Mail
- Cinema Blend: Thanos Won't Appear In Avengers: Age Of Ultron
- HitFix: Chris Evans talks James Spader, gets videobombed by 'Avengers' co-star Sam Jackson
Director Simon West burst onto the action filmmaking scene with 1997's Con Air, a star-studded Jerry Bruckheimer production that marked the first action movie that Nicolas Cage carried (The Rock being a two-hander with 007 himself, Sean Connery). So it's rather surprising given the commercial success of the film ($224 million at the worldwide box office) that there was never a Con Air 2. Now West has chimed in on what it would take to get him to make the sequel. “There are always rumours about a Con Air 2," West told ScreenDaily. “I would do it if it was completely turned on its head.
- Badass Digest: If Only: Simon West Wants CON AIR 2 To Take Place In Outer Space
- We Got This Covered: Con Air 2 Could Be Con Air In Space, If Director Simon West Has His Way
- Dark Horizons: Simon West Up For Making "Con Air In Space"
- Collider: CON AIR Director Simon West Says He’d Like to Make CON AIR 2 a “CON AIR in Space” Sequel
- SlashFilm: Simon West Wants To Make A ‘Con Air 2′ Set In Space
- JoBlo: Simon West says he would like to make Con Air 2 in Space
- Cinema Blend: Con Air 2 Might Take Place In The Most Ridiculous Location Possible
- Filmonic: Comic Con Teaser Trailer for Robert Kirkman’s Air
The tumultuous history of the Quentin Tarantino film The Hateful Eight may finally be back on the right track. AiCN is reporting that this new poster shows it will be Tarantino’s next film and will be out in 2015. Last year Tarantino was hinting that production was starting when a copy of the script was leaked on-line without consent. This led to the writer/director trashing the whole project and vowing to never shoot it.
- ScreenRant: Tarantino’s ‘Hateful Eight’ Gets a Poster Confirming 2015 Release
- USA Today: Tarantino's 'Hateful Eight' gets a creepy poster
- AintItCool: First Poster for THE HATEFUL EIGHT Arrives, Confirming 2015 Release!
- Digital Spy: Quentin Tarantino's The Hateful Eight unveils poster, release date set
- HitFix: New 'Hateful 8' poster makes Quentin Tarantino's next film official
- MovieWeb: Tarantino's 'The Hateful Eight' Poster Confirms 2015 Release
- FirstShowing.net: Tarantino's New Western 'The Hateful Eight' Unveils Another Poster
- IGN Movies: Check Out the First Poster for The Hateful Eight
Veteran cinematographer Reed Morano has cast three strong actresses in her feature directorial debut, as Olivia Wilde, Elisabeth Moss and Natasha Lyonne will join Luke Wilson in the psychological drama “Meadowland,” it was announced Wednesday by producer Bron Studios. Morano is the award-winning cinematographer behind “The Skeleton Twins,” “Frozen River,” “Kill Your Darlings” and HBO's “Looking.” She will direct “Meadowland” from a script by Chris Rossi. Also read: Bill Hader, Kristen Wiig Bond as Brother and Sister in
- Coming Soon: Olivia Wilde, Luke Wilson, Elisabeth Moss and Natasha Lyonne to Star in Meadowland
- Hollywood Reporter: Olivia Wilde, Luke Wilson to Star in Psychological Thriller 'Meadowland'
- Dread Central: Elisabeth Moss to Deliver the Queen of Earth
- Dread Central: Olivia Wilde and Luke Wilson Head to Meadowland
- Dark Horizons: Elisabeth Moss Books "Listen," "Meadowland"
- The Playlist: 'Listen Up Philip' Team Alex Ross Perry & Elisabeth Moss Returning With Psychological Thriller 'Queen Of Earth'
- MovieWeb: Olivia Wilde and Luke Wilson Join 'Meadowland'
While Vin Diesel says he recorded the single line of dialogue "I am Groot" thousands of times for his role in GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, he didn't share that he also recorded it in multiple languages. The latest international TV spots for the Marvel space opera show the same collection of scenes we have become accustomed to along with a new closing shot of Diesel in studio recording his single line in... Read More...
- Cinema Blend: Listen To Vin Diesel Voice Groot In Five Other Languages
- Vulture: Let Vin Diesel Teach You How to Say ‘I Am Groot’ in So Many Languages
- HitFix: Here's Vin Diesel Dubbing 'I Am Groot' in 5 Languages
- Digital Spy: Iggy Azalea to cameo in Fast & Furious 7, says Vin Diesel
- Moviefone: You Need to Watch Vin Diesel Cover Sam Smith's 'Stay With Me' Right Now (VIDEO)
- ScreenRant: SR Geek Picks: Daniel Radcliffe’s Comic-Con Disguise, Multilingual Groot & More
The eight Harry Potter movies have collectively grossed more than $7 billion worldwide, and that kind of coin is not so easily replaced. So, what will Warner Bros. do to fill that void? Attempt to keep the gravy train going, of course. read more
- Variety: How Daniel Radcliffe Killed Harry Potter and Found ‘What If’
- IndieWire: Watch: Quidditch Finds Life After Harry Potter in 'Mudbloods' Trailer
- FirstShowing.net: Watch: Harry Potter Gets 'Boyhood' Treatment in 'Potterhood' Trailer
- The Playlist: Watch: Harry Potter Gets The Richard Linklater Treatment In 'Boyhood' Parody Trailer 'Potterhood'
- IGN Movies: Warner Bros. Options Dragonriders of Pern
- Bleeding Cool: Warner Bros Options Dragonriders Of Pern Series
- Movies With Butter: Warner Bros. Plans 'Dragonriders of Pern' Movies
"Their greatest adventure... has just begun!" Really? 20th Century Fox has debuted the first full-length teaser trailer for Shawn Levy's Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb, the third movie in the adventure-comedy franchise Night at the Museum, which started at the Museum of Natural History some eight years ago.
- Digital Spy: Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb trailer - Ben Stiller is back
- Cinema Blend: Night At The Museum: Secret Of The Tomb Wants You To Explore Its New Trailer
- AintItCool: Trailer for NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM 3...yeah, you're welcome!
- Shockya: Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb Coming This December
- Hollywood Reporter: New 'Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb' Trailer Debuts (Video)
Shailene Woodley stars in a highly-anticipated previously unseen deleled scene from "Divergent."http://www.hitfix.com
- The Wrap: Shailene Woodley Comforts Man Stabbed in Eye in Deleted ‘Divergent’ Scene (Video)
- Collider: DIVERGENT Deleted Scene Reveals Edward’s Eye Stabbing
- Moviefone: Watch the 'Divergent' Deleted Scene Too Intense for Theaters (VIDEO)
- Entertainment Weekly: Here’s a deleted scene that was too gross for ‘Divergent’
- Shockya: Divergent Coming to DVD and Blu-ray August 5
Film ain’t dead. It is having a hard time, but that combination of polyester and emulsion that records light with such a warm, natural “feel” still has its adherents. And those acolytes, including major movie industry players such as Quentin Tarantino, Christopher Nolan, and J.J.
- The Playlist: Quentin Tarantino, Christopher Nolan, Judd Apatow & J.J. Abrams Team Up To Save Film Stock
- Collider: Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, J.J. Abrams, and More Band Together to Keep Kodak Film Alive; Deal Being Struck with Studios
- Hollywood Reporter: Christopher Nolan, J.J. Abrams Win Studio Bailout Plan to Save Kodak Film
- Entertainment Weekly: Quentin Tarantino, J.J. Abrams, and other directors are trying to save Kodak
- FirstShowing.net: Tarantino, Nolan, Apatow, Abrams Join Together to Save 35mm Film
He may co-star with Bryan Cranston & Helen MirrenThey may not have shared any scenes, but Bryan Cranston and John Goodman were both great in Argo. Now they may get the chance to shine together as director Jay Roach has Goodman in talks for a role in Trumbo, which Cranston is locked to star in alongside Helen Mirren.It’ll be based on the experiences of Trumbo, who was locked up in 1950 for refusing to answer questions before the notorious House Un-American Activities Committee, led by Senator Joseph McCarthy.
- Vulture: John Goodman Will Reteam with Bryan Cranston for Trumbo Biopic
- The Wrap: John Goodman in Talks to Join Bryan Cranston in Jay Roach's ‘Trumbo’ (Exclusive)
- Coming Soon: John Goodman Eyes Role Opposite Bryan Cranston and Helen Mirren in Trumbo
- MovieWeb: John Goodman Circles 'Trumbo' Opposite Bryan Cranston
- JoBlo: Casting Round-Up with Emile Hirsch, Olivia Wilde, and John Goodman
Lionsgate has acquired the suspense thriller Down a Dark Hall and set Rodrigo Cortes (Buried) to direct. The young adult novel by Lois Duncan centers on Kit, a new student at Blackwood Boarding School: "It is the opportunity of a lifetime, but Kit quickly realizes something strange is happening behind its walls as she confronts the darkly seductive powers of Blackwood’s headmistress and comes face to face with the supernatural powers that could make her great or destroy her." Michael Goldbach (Daydream Nation) adapted the first draft---Chris Sparling (Buried) has joined the team for addition
- Hollywood Reporter: Lionsgate Acquires Stephenie Meyer-Produced YA Adaptation 'Down a Dark Hall'
- Dread Central: Rodrigo Cortes Heads Down a Dark Hall for Lionsgate
- The Wrap: Lionsgate Sets Rodrigo Cortes to Direct YA Thriller ‘Down a Dark Hall’
- HitFix: 'Twilight' author Stephenie Meyer going 'Down a Dark Hall' with new YA horror movie
- MovieWeb: 'Twilight' Author to Produce 'Down a Dark Hall' for Lionsgate
Barry Levinson‘s next comedy, “Rock the Kasbah” has an all-star lineup, and Zooey Deschanel showed most them off while celebrating the end of production. The “New Girl” star posed with Bill Murray, Danny McBride, Bruce Willis and Scott Caan in a picture she posted to Twitter on Wednesday. See photo: Bill Murray Crashed a Couple's Engagement Pictures, Thereby Blessing Their Marriage Murray takes the lead in “Kasbah” as a music manager who goes on the USO tour to Afghanistan with his last remaining client, and then finds himself abandoned in the fore
- FirstShowing.net: Zooey Deschanel Tweets 'Rock the Kasbah' Set Photo with Bill Murray
- Coming Soon: Zooey Deschanel Tweets Photo from Rock the Kasbah Set
- MovieWeb: Zooey Deschanel Tweets 'Rock the Kasbah' Cast Photo as Shooting Wraps
- Collider: First ROCK THE KASBAH Image From The Film’s Set Shows Off All-Star cast
Representative John Dingell has faithfully served Michigan's 12th District for nearly 60 years, so you'll pardon him if he hasn't had time to decipher the science behind Sharknadoes. “So it's a tornado full of sharks?” the United States Congressman tweeted Wednesday (see below).
- Variety: Q&A: ‘Sharknado 2′ Writer on Celebrity Cameos, Misunderstood Sharks
- Hollywood Reporter: Syfy's 'Sharknado 2': What the Critics Are Saying
- Denver Post: Sharknado 2 writer Thunder Levin on 'The Second One,' tursharkens, and his 'Game of Thrones' dreams
- We Got This Covered: Sharknado 2: The Second One Review
The roles keep rolling in for Oscar Isaac. The Star Wars Episode VII actor has been set to star in HBO’s Show Me a Hero, from The Wire creator David Simon. Catherine Keener also boards the civil rights drama, based on the nonfiction book by Lisa Belkin. Hit the jump for more details. Variety reported the news. Show Me a Hero has just received the greenlight from HBO after being in development for about a decade. The six-hour miniseries was scripted by Simon and William F.
- We Got This Covered: Oscar Isaac Will Show Me A Hero On HBO For The Wire’s David Simon
- Deadline: HBO Greenlights David Simon Miniseries Starring Oscar Isaac & Catherine Keener
- Variety: Oscar Issac, Catherine Keener to Star in David Simon’s Civil Rights Miniseries for HBO
- AintItCool: HBO Greenlights New Class Warfare Miniseries From THE WIRE Mastermind David Simon!!
Dakota Johnson, star of the upcoming Fifty Shades of Grey, has lined up a role in I Am Love director Luca Guadagnino's next project, A Bigger Splash. Variety has the news, reporting that Johnson will join Ralph Fiennes and Tilda Swinton in the remake of Jacques Deray's 1969 sexual drama, La Piscine (The Swimming Pool).
- The Wrap: ‘Fifty Shades’ Star Dakota Johnson Joins Ralph Fiennes, Tilda Swinton in ‘A Bigger Splash’
- MovieWeb: 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Star Dakota Johnson Joins 'A Bigger Splash' Remake
- Variety: ‘Fifty Shades’ Star Dakota Johnson Ties Up New Role (EXCLUSIVE)
- The Playlist: Dakota Johnson Joins Luca Guadagnino’s ‘Le Piscine’ Remake; Domhnall Gleeson Joins Leonardo DiCaprio’s ‘Revenant’
She'll play a younger Mary Shelley The story of how Mary Shelley came to write Frankenstein has been well documented, but how about how she came to be Mary Shelley. A Storm In The Stars promises to explore the younger romantic life of the real-life author, with Elle Fanning set to star.A Storm In The Stars finds Wadjida director Haifaa Al-Mansour working from a script by Emma Jensen that charts the passionate love affair between the 17-year-old Mary Wollstonecraft and Percy Shelley, the charismatic poet and her future husband.
- Hollywood Reporter: Elle Fanning to Star as Mary Shelley in 'A Storm in the Stars' (Exclusive)
- We Got This Covered: Elle Fanning Is Mary Shelley In A Storm In The Stars
- Collider: John Goodman in Talks for TRUMBO; Dakota Johnson Makes A BIGGER SPLASH; Domhnall Gleeson in THE REVENANT; Elle Fanning Leads A STORM IN THE STARS
- The Playlist: Oscar Isaac Will Lead David Simon’s Civil Rights Miniseries HBO, Elle Fanning Steps Into A 'Storm' And More
By Ray Flook Heading into San Diego Comic-Con with a pilot that “somehow” (I’ll explain that later…) found its way onto several torrent sites and a major shake-up in the show’s casting (Lucy Griffith‘s Liv Aberdine replaced by Angelica Celaya‘s Zed), I was expecting Constantine executive producers Daniel Cerone (Dexter) and David S. Goyer (The Dark Knight trilogy) to look/sound a bit nervous and defensive regarding the reaction they would receive at their panel on Saturday at San Diego Comic Con.
- Bleeding Cool: Bioware Shows Off A New Hero With A New Ride At San Diego Comic Con
- JoBlo: Comic Con: Exclusive 1:1 Interview: Daniel Radcliffe talks Horns!
- JoBlo: WB will not release the Comic Con teaser for Batman V Superman online
- IGN Movies: The Flash - Tom Cavanagh, Candice Patton, Danielle Panabaker Interview - Comic Con 2014
On this week's episode of The Golden Briefcase, Tim and Jeremy are joined by guest Liam O'Donnell of Hydraulx Entertainment to talk about their latest picks of the week and much more. For the main topic of the night the guys spend some time discussing the film career of Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson in honor of Brett Ratner's interpretation of Hercules in theaters this past weekend. The guys talk over some of his best and worst career moves as he transitioned back and forth from the ring to the screen and remained the People's Champ through it all!
While movie audiences were left to wonder about the world of Star Wars that lived outside of the films, readers of the franchise’s ‘Expanded Universe’ had dozens upon dozens of novels rounding out each corner of the universe with George Lucas’ blessing.
- Digital Spy: Star Wars fan with Skywalker as middle name refused passport
- Cinema Blend: Harrison Ford Is Back Up On His Feet Following His Star Wars: Episode VII Injury
- SlashFilm: Page 2: Star Wars, They Live, Doctor Who, Richard Linklater, GoT, Sam Jackson, Star Trek, Peter Jackson, Breaking Bad, The Wizard
The struggling domestic box office pushed AMC Entertainment's revenues down by 4.7 percent in the second quarter and profits plunged, the exhibition giant reported Wednesday. With the overall box office running roughly seven percent from last year, AMC's profits fell by nearly half.
"The McConaissance" continues as Gus Van Sant’s new project Sea of Trees starts shooting today. As you may have guessed, the film stars Matthew McConaughey as well as Ken Watanabe and Naomi Watts. Penned by Chris Sparling, the story follows a man who enters the “Suicidal Forest” at Mount Fuji with the intention of taking his own life.
"Glee" star Harry Shum Jr. has, according to a story at The Hollywood Reporter, just joined the cast of the upcoming Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon sequel. He will play the role of Tie-Fang opposite the previously announced Donnie Yen as Silent Wolf and Michelle Yeoh as Yu Shu-lien. Legendary action choreographer Yuen Wo Ping -- director of Donnie Yen's Iron Monkey -- is directing.
Joining Leonardo DiCaprio, Tom Hardy & MoreAs if Alejandro Gonzalez Iñárritu’s The Revenant wasn’t already loaded down with great talent, plus some chancer named Leonardo DiCaprio, the director is adding one more solid actor to the line-up. Domhnall Gleeson is now in negotiations.Adapted from Michael Punke’s novel by Mark L. Smith and the director, The Revenant follows an ill-fated fur trapping expedition to chilly 1820s South Dakota. Hunter Hugh Glass (DiCaprio) is mauled by a bear in the harsh climate, and his companions leave him for dead.
Remember that horrifically awkward scene in Girls where Marnie tries to live out her pop star fantasies by serenading her ex-boyfriend at a company party? Well, stretch that out to about two hours, replace Kanye West with Peter Pan, and you’ve got NBC’s next live musical event. Allison Williams has just been cast as the title character in NBC’s Peter Pan Live!, airing this winter. She joins Christopher Walken, who plays Captain Hook. Hit the jump for the latest details on the show. NBC announced the casting today (via Variety).
And The Who may consult on the music...He’s most usually known for hyperactive, Bruckheimer powered films such as Con Air or, sans the Bruck, The Expendables 2. But director Simon West has his eye – or rather his ear – on music for a new TV show, aiming to work with The Who on what is currently called Mods And Rockers.West has the likes of Pete Townsend and Roger Daltry in talks to handle the music on the series, which he would direct and produce.
Word from THR is that Mythology Entertainment will adapt Zenescope’s series The Library as a feature film. The Library is a spin-off of Zenescope’s flagship series Grimm Fairy Tales and focuses on of a teenage girl and her brother as they accidentally unlock various portals within a historic library that physically transport them into the strange worlds of the books around them. Mythology Entertainment is Brad Fischer, James Vanderbilt and Laeta Kalogridis, and they are currently working on an adaptation of Mary Mapes‘ memoir Truth and Duty that has Cate Blanchett and Robert
- MovieWeb: Zenescope's 'The Library' Comic Book Heads to Mythology Entertainment
- Dread Central: Things Get Grimm in The Library
For the life of him, Robert Pattinson can't understand why anyone would care about his failed relationship with “Twilight” co-star Kristen Stewart. “Shit happens, you know?” he told Esquire UK in the cover story for the magazine's September issue.
Justin Bieber and Orlando Bloom‘s ridiculous feud continued Wednesday, providing comedic fodder across Hollywood social media. The pop star fired the most recent shot when he shared a caption-less photo of Bloom looking weepy on Instagram.
Elizabeth Banks will produce “Resident Advisors,” a comedy series for Paramount Digital starring “Veronica Mars” actor Ryan Hansen and “Hangover” actress Jamie Chung, the studio said Wednesday.
Amazon’s Gold Box Deal of the Day today is 55% off the Pacific Rim Collector’s Edition, which includes the movie on Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray, DVD, UltraViolet and comes packaged in a collectible Jaeger packaging. The special features include Audio Commentary by Guillermo del Toro, Focus Points, “Drift Space”, The Digital Artistry of “Pacific Rim”, “The Shatterdome”, Deleted Scenes, Blooper Reel, 14 Featurettes Provide In-Depth Looks at Kaijus, Jaegers, Sets, Stunts, Sounds, Effects, and the Mythology and Making of the Film.
Many of us, in our preteen years, conceived stories in crayon and pencil, but most of us did not grow up to be among the most significant directors to work in the medium of film. Martin Scorsese did, of course, and that makes his preteen doodles a bit more interesting than most others.
- FirstShowing.net: Look at Roman Epic Storyboards By an 11-Year Old Martin Scorsese
Trust me when I say this, in The Maze Runner, you want those damn doors closed come nighttime, otherwise nasty things are gonna come out and murder you, horribly. The Maze Runner is a sci-fi action flick based on a young-adult post-apocalyptic trilogy written by James Dashner. So you know what that means, if The […] Read The Doors Aren’t Closing in the Trailer for The Maze Runner on Filmonic.
Some Twitter-users had the luck be at an advanced screening of TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES which had been held recently. And if we trust their judgment, the movie will be great. Do yourself a favor and go watch the Ninja Turtle movie when it comes out! #TMNTMovie #warpedtour — Larry Ohh (@LarryOhh) 29. Juli 2014 Warped tour just had the best field trip. #TMNTMovie was petty damn great! — SolBianka (@SunxCity) 29.
Does anyone read movie novelizations any longer? Before the Internet, before DVD and all the myriad other ways we consume movie stories, film novelizations were the quickest way to take a film home. Many featured extended characterizations and new scenes and concepts, some drawn from the original screenplays, some invented by the authors.
Samuel L. Jackson is a national treasure. There are very few actors out there who I feel instantly make a movie more watchable. Morgan Freeman is one and Samuel L. Jackson is another. Both actors have iconic voices and have lent themselves to some of the biggest films of the last four decades. The biggest difference between the two? The sheer numbers of times they utter the word motherf*cker. While I have not... Read More...
Legendary's president of digital content and distribution Tom Lesinski will leave the company and segue into a producing deal, two individuals with knowledge told TheWrap. Neither Legendary nor Lesinski commented on the departure. Also read: Legendary Picks Its First Digital Project: A Movie Based on ‘Dead Rising’ Legendary hired Lesinski last fall to oversee its growing digital production outfit, reporting to Bruce Rosenblum, who oversees both television and digital at the studio.
Baymax and Hiro take flight in a new international Big Hero 6 poster meant for the Spanish speaking crowd. A robot prodigy and his home nurse become best friends, forming a pack to fight for truth, justice and the San Fransokyo way after they discover an evil plot to destroy their home town. This crime fighting pair team up with four other superheroes, including GoGo Tomago, Wasabi, Fred and Honey Lemon, in Disney's first-ever animated adaptation of a Marvel comic book.
After signing her name to an open letter condemning the Israeli airstrikes on Gaza as “genocide,” Penelope Cruz has walked back her stance on the complicated Middle East crisis. “I don't want to be misunderstood on this important subject,” the actress says in a statement. “I'm not an expert on the situation and I'm aware of the complexity of it.
One of TV’s most influential and memorable series, David Lynch and Mark Frost’s Twin Peaks has been an enduring cultural touchstone and a huge influence on the television landscape since it went off the air in 1991, after just two seasons. This week, the long-awaited Blu-ray of the show -- under the title Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery -- was released, not only giving the series its first-ever HD release but pairing it with the feature film prequel, Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me, for the first time.
Elle Fanning recently played Sleeping Beauty in Disney's live-action Maleficent, and she'll be taking on a different kind of iconic role in A Storm in the Stars. The Hollywood Reporter states she'll be starring in the drama directed by Haifaa Al-Mansour. Fanning will be playing a young Mary Shelley, then known as Mary Wollstonecraft. Wollestonecraft will be 17-years-old in the film, which means it's just one year before she writes Frankenstein. Written by Emma Jensen, A Storm in the Stars explores a romance between Mary and poet Percy Shelley. Continue reading…
- Dark Horizons: Elle Fanning To Play Author Mary Shelley
- ScreenRant: ‘Warcraft’ Comic-Con Trailer Impressions